NATION

PASSWORD

Matta: Why? I Don't Know(Nation Maintenance)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Matta
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Matta: Why? I Don't Know(Nation Maintenance)

Postby Matta » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Note:

This thread was created to log happenings in Matta, and to help me keep track of them. It'll be just about anything can think of that is relevant to my nation, it will mostly be seen focusing on Ivan Cowden's Life, but will most certainly switched when needed. This will only be in IC. If you feel a happening in my country could be something that can affect your country, and you want to do a little bit of RP here with Matta, then TG me and we'll see what can happen, or if you don't actually want to rp and just want to it to be known that it affect you, again TG me, but please don't post without permission. End of note.

Ivan was sitting at the Oligarch Table, impatiently tapping his hand against his thigh. He glanced up at the clock hanging above the entrance. Where is Sawyer, this meeting was suppose to start 15 minutes ago. It better not have been a mistake to allow him a place at this ta
Before he finished his thought, the door swung open and a short figure entered. Rain Sawyer had finally arrived.

"Where, pray tell, were you exactly?" Amadala Trav asked.

"Gathering my report on the status of SCOPE" Sawyer said with a grim expression.

The room went silent for a moment, until it was broken by a question no one was wanting to ask "What is it's status?" Ivan Cowden inquired.

Sawyer cleared his throat "My report reads as this, All agents in the organization known as SCOPE were order to travel to Warehouse 3 empty handed, a site near Krios off limits to the public. By 2100 all agents were accounted for. When they arrived I began to go over a multitude of information. I read the logistics and accounting of the agency. I read off the missions that were successful. I explained new mission taking place. Then I ended by apologizing and walked off the stage through the exit. As I did, the back warehouse doors opened, allowing the Viper Squad to carry out their mission. As they began shooting into the crowd of agents, metal barriers came down blocking all exits for the agents. With in 10 minutes all agents were dead. The Viper Squad counted and confirmed that 125 bodies were there. SCOPE has been dismantled as order."

Once again the room was silent and once again Ivan spoke up saying "Now that that has been taken care of, we now must begin to stage two of our project. How will we structure our new government?"

"Well, I say we keep the Justice System relatively the same, provided we change certain areas that would not work with our new Oligarchy. I also believe we should have a single cabinet to help us in our decisions. The legislature branch is obviously to be removed. Finally, I believe the rest of the system works well, we'll just need change somethings so that it fits together nicely with the Oligarchy." Tim Layton replied quickly, not anyone get a word in edgewise.

"Well Tim, since you seem to have a vision of how the government should be, would anyone object to having Tim work on that, alongside Jensen and Jada."

All the members shook their head no in unison.

"Alright, well if Jensen and Jada wish to join me now, we can head to another meeting place to begin our planning" Tim said as he stood from the table.

Neither Jensen or Jada said anything, they simply rose from their seats and followed Tim out.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, I will also be leaving for a few days. I will be making some agreements with President Putin. I feel we will need his support, as it seems many are upset will our recent changes." Hugo said as he casually walked towards the exit.

"Have a safe trip Hugo" Ivan replied. "OK then", he continued "Since those four will be busy, it's in our best interest to start going over our itinerary for the country. Let's Begin"

And so the wheels of the oligarch machine began to turn. Not a single soul knowing where all this would lead.
Yo, this city is rad, you should visit
Current Year: Whatever I feel like
Military
700,000 actively serving currently
240,000 in Army
150,000 in Navy
90,000 in Marine Corp
150,000 in airforce
70,000 serving in civilian positions
600,000 in reserves

Matta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Matta » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:20 pm

"This coup cannot and will not go unpunished. I speak to all patriots, now is a time to rebel. This oligarchy rose illegally. They dismantled all our hard work to make a thriving democratic nation." Screamed ex-senator Cornelius Andre. "We will take back our country! We will return to our true and legal government! We will give our people the power to control their lives!"

As he was yelling this from his stand in the middle of Krios Gardens, 3 police SUVs appeared out of no where. with it 12 officers in Swat gear surrounded Cornelius.

"Sir, you are under arrest for the following charges, Embezzlement, Blackmail, and Bribery" The head of the police raid started to say. As he was saying this, a man dressed to impress walked up to the microphone,

"Ladies and gentlemen, I understand the troubles you have, I understand that you believe this man to be a savior. However, the only thing Cornelius Andre wants is power and money. His only grievance is that he no longer had access to his ability to embezzle us. In the weeks to come, please beware, many wolfs in sheep clothing will come and try to use this time of uncertainty to take power. Please, allow this Oligarch to take control, only in order to show that this at the time, is what is needed for our great country. Ivan Cowden only wishes to make us a great power, he truly does care about his people." The man then walked off stage and entered the car holding Cornelius.

"Well Mr. Andre, what do you have to say?" The man inquired as he entered the vehicle.

"You know I haven't done any of those things I've been arrested for. I am being arrested for speaking out." Cornelius replied.

"We can fix all this. If of course you are willing to"

"I would rather die than submit to you or your bosses"

The man smiled "Well, we can f-" At that moment a SUV going 50 miles per hour slammed into the side of police vehicle. 2 officers were killed, leaving the driver, the mystery man, and Cornelius. The man in the other car got out. He opened the door and dragged Cornelius out. Two cop cars drove up the scene.

"Sir! Step away from that man, he is a criminal."

"I'm sorry officers, I know you are only doing your job, but I am also doing my job" The man said as he pulled a gun and shot them both. The driver of the van transporting Cornelius pulled a gun only to get shot as well.

"Mr. Andre, my name is Anthony Rice and you need to come with me" Anthony said as he quickly dragged Cornelius into an alley.

Sirens were blaring as Cornelius stop to get some answers"Who are you?"

Meanwhile the mystery man who had been knocked unconscious woke up. He quickly got out of the vehicle and turned to cops now on the scene
"I want a blockade around the next 5 blocks. Find Cornelius and the man who helped him"

"Mr. Andre, no time. We need to get inside, Now!"

"Fine, but once I'm safe I want answers."

The two quickly went through a door that Anthony unlocked. Inside was a place that looked like a meetup for hippies and drunks, in there were 5 people.

"Welcome Mr. Andre, to one of my original hideouts. I'm sure you have a lot of questions."

"Yes, first off, Who are you!?"

"My name like I said is Anthony Rice. I'm the last remaining agent of Scope. I'm gathering people to take down this new government. Right now, I'll take anyone I can get."

"What is Scope!?"

"Stopping Corruption of Power Essentials, it's a subsection of Icon. We were tasked with taking down corrupt officials. Unfortunately they took us down first"

"How?"

"The Director of Icon, someone that should have been a man that could not be corrupted."

"Wait, what is Icon?"

"Matta's version of the CIA"

"How did the director take you down?"

"We were ordered to one of our warehouses for a meeting. Some of us found it odd. Most of them just went with it, I decide to do some checking around. Which is when I found the Viper Squad sneaking around. I thought something was fishy, so I took the place of one of them. Of course, then the person I replaced, his squad was sent to quell a small guerrilla group down south. While there, I faked my death. I went to my hideout, expecting someone to be crashing there, an agent was always there. This time there wasn't. So I did digging and found out about the Massacre, and about the new oligarchy. Now I am here preparing to wage a war against them."

"I'm sorry, anything I can do to help, let me know."

"For now, I'm just doing retrieval of people that might be useful to my cause."

As this conversation was occurring, a fiercer conversation was going on in the Casdela.

"FIND HIM! or so help me god, I will have your entire platoon arrested and charged with treason! You have 3 days." Said the mystery man

"Yes, Sir" The Police Chief mumbled

"Amos, what's has happened?" Asked as he got out of his vehicle.

"Cornelius Andre was helped to escape" Amos Triggs replied in an obvious upset tone.

"I see, well I'll let you get back to fixing that"

Ivan Cowden walked into the Capital Building leaving Amos to work on his problem.

"Lieutenant Quill!" Amos Called Out "Bring in every officer involved in the arrest of Cornelius."
Military
240,000 in Army
150,000 in Navy
90,000 in Marine Corp
150,000 in airforce
600,000 in reserves

Matta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Matta » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:52 am

"Officers. Thank you for joining me, as you 5 know, each of you were involved in the arrest of Cornelius Andre, you 5 along with another 23 helped. However, one of you five is a spy." Amos said as he circled the group. "So, i was given authorization to do what ever is necessary to find the spy."

Amos pulled out a Magnum "Which is why I am able to do this" he said while looking at the group, seeing the sweat drip from their foreheads, as they looked in terror.

"So, here's how it's going to work, I will start shooting you left from right, unless the spy gives himself up. Now you see, the spy, I know is just doing what he thinks is best for out country, he thinks spying is whats needed to defeat our new government. However, is he willing to cause the death of people only following orders? Let's find out."

Amos put the gun against the first officer " I am truly sorry if you are innocent, you can only blame the spy for lacking morals."

"Good bye"

"Stop" 3 men said in unison

"That's all i needed to hear. Unfortunately, you were all suspects, but now you have seen how cruel i am, which paints a bad picture for the Oligarch, so none of you may live." Amos said as he left the room.

The door closed behind him, leaving the room airtight, while also releasing mustard gas, killing all 5 men, even the innocent ones.

"Have letters written to the families, explaining they were traitors, and their actions could not be tolerated, apologize and offer reconciliation." Amos whispered to his right hand man.
Military
240,000 in Army
150,000 in Navy
90,000 in Marine Corp
150,000 in airforce
600,000 in reserves

Matta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Matta » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:52 pm

"Mr. Andre it's time to get up." Anthony said as he shook the man

"What? Why? What's hapenning?" Cornelius said, in a groggy voice

"We're heading over to district 2."

"Why?"

"I need to talk to some people. Also you'll be meeting some new operatives, and explaining the cause."

"Why me?

"You're a politician, you have experience in gaining support."

"Ok, are all of us going?"

"Yep, we have a van waiting three blocks away. We're going through the sewer system."

Anthony, Cornelius, and the other 5 operatives all jumped into the hole leading to the sewer system and started to head west, towards their van.

"So what exactly are you going to be doing?" Cornelius

"I going to try and convince the Governor of District 2 to help us in our cause, covertly of course."

"What about, the others?"

"They're going to be helping me get into the Governors home."

The group drove until they got to the checkpoint for the capital of the district. They stopped about a mile from it. There Anthony turned to Cornelius and told him
"You need to hide the in secret compartment, in the seat. Just in case they could recognize you. Once we get past the checkpoint, you and our friend Alexander will be going to a bar. He'll do the first part, and you'll do the second part, of inspiring them."

After Cornelius hid they drove up the checkpoint, Anthony pulled out a fake i.d. and showed it to the guards.

"Ok, Let them pass!" The Guard yelled to his gate operator.

Once they were in the city. Anthony drove over to a car parked near a targets street. He got out, gave his keys to Alexander, and beckoned his three other companions to follow him the new car.

Alexander got in the driver's seat and looked at the back. "You can get out now."

Cornelius pushed up and climbed onto a different seat.

"Now remember, you only will be talking to inspire them. Everything else leave to me." Alexander said.

Meanwhile Anthony, drove his friends to a covert location, where two of them would stay and help with some cyber issues. Then he dropped off the other at a park, where he would wait to be picked up again. After that, he drove toward his target's home.

"OK, the target is getting a uber now, it seems there is one close, but we'll change what it says. Ok, now it sees you as the uber. Go ahead and pick him up." One of the hackers said.

"Hello" Anthony looked at his phone "Winston Mcgregor. How are you today?"

"Oh the same. Could you take me to this address." He said as he showed Anthony it.

"Certainly, say, that's the Governor's Home, isn't it?"

"Yes."

"Right, well off we go."

The rest of the trip was quiet. Anthony drove the same usual route Winston was used to, that was until he got within 3 blocks. That's when he turned and started to head for the operative in the park.

"Hey, I think you took a wrong turn. Want to turn around?"

"Didn't you hear? They started road construction this morning. Out of the blue, not a word to anyone, got another customer quite upset. I didn't even get a tip."

"Alright, I'm sure the Governor will understand. I'll just text my chief and let him know."

One of the hackers whispered into Anthony's ear piece "Alright, I'll block that from getting through."

Anthony got to the operative waiting, and picked him up.

"Hey! what are you doing! this isn't what Uber does!"

"Sorry man, he is a friend, asked me to pick him up."

"You're getting a bad rating, now take me to my job."

Anthony went silent and drove to an alley way out of sight.

"I am sorry for this, but you'll only have a headache." Anthony said. As he pulled out a tranquilizer and shot the man. After they knocked him unconscious they put his body in the trunk, and started work on creating Anthony's new identity of being a Bodyguard for the Governor. After that they took the other man's phone and sent a text to his boss that he wouldn't be able to come to work and to get a replacement. They then hacked the systems to have the chief of security request a bodyguard, that would be Anthony.

Anthony then drove to another spot and took a new vehicle, to head for the Governor's House. Once he got there, he was sent to speak with the chief of security, who told him "Alright, since we have a man not coming today, you'll be the Governor's personal guard today, you've read the manual, you should know what to do. If you have any questions, read the manual, do not bother any other of my guards, understood?"

"Yes, sir." Anthony replied.

"Then get to work."

Anthony then met the Governor. "Hello," He said "Mr. Mcgregor couldn't make it, so I will be replacing him."

"Very well, you're lucky today is boring, I'll just be here filling out paperwork. Although I am having a visitor today, Amos Trigg, he said he wanted to introduce me to someone. Anyways, if you can just stay by the door. that would be great." The Governor said not looking up from his documents.

"Anthony, you were suppose to get in and out, but with Amos coming what are we to do?" His associate asked over the comm

Anthony didn't say anything. Instead he turned his back from the Governor, to pretend to look at something, while he signed something over the camera in his glasses.

"Ok, I'll shutdown the power after Triggs leaves."

So Anthony, did his job until Triggs, and the guest showed up. The guest, someone Anthony knew a lot about, was For MI6 agent, Marcus Abaddon. A man who was infamous for being able to take down almost anyone. At this point Anthony was order to stand watch outside. The meeting took an hour. Once it ended Anthony was brought back in, while Triggs and Abaddon left. The Governor left out an loud sigh.

"Is there anything I can do to help you sir?" Anthony asked.

"Turn back the clock to before all this happened." He said in a grave tone.

"I may not be able to do that, but I can do something else." All of a sudden all the lights went out, all power had been cut, meanwhile all the doors were automatically locked, while all windows were covered by metal sheets.

"What is this?" The Governor asked

"I needed to talk to you. My name is Anthony Rice, I am the last member of the top secret organization SCOPE, and I need you help."

"What is SCOPE, and what could I possibly do to help you."

"SCOPE was the organization created inside of ICON created to take down corrupted leaders. It was destroyed by this Oligarch, and what you can do for me is covertly and secretly support my cause. Create a haven for us in your district, where we can work to accomplish our goals."

"What are your goals?"

"Restore the country to Democracy, give the power back to the people."

"I agree that this Oligarchy is wrong, but these are very turbulent times, I will get back to you soon."

"Ok, here, take this burn phone. Call me when you make a decision. Only say yes or no. If yes i will get in contact with you. Do not prolong conversation, or I will know your side. Goodbye." Anthony then had his operative open one of the windows, where he then made his escape. After that power was restored and the guards rushed into the Governor's office to make sure he was okay. When asked where is guard was, he said he had told him to go home since he seemed to be getting ill.

As this had happened though Hugo just signed a deal with several other countries, called the Golden Age Pact, which would dramatically change the political Landscape.
Military
240,000 in Army
150,000 in Navy
90,000 in Marine Corp
150,000 in airforce
600,000 in reserves

Return to NationStates