NATION

PASSWORD

Council of Nations - General Council

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Council of Nations Admin
Attaché

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Council of Nations - General Council

Postby Council of Nations Admin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:43 pm

In order to better tackle the challenges of the world. The Council of Nations has been formed to aid fellow countries, as well as work together for a better world. Here all discussions will be held, for new laws, international aid, to air grievances, and what goals should the Council reach for.

The General-Secretary is currently John Rather of the United Federal Union of America.
The President is Alexander J. Maxwell of The Social Republic of Tectonix
The International Rapporteur is unfilled.

Current Discussions in the Council
    -Nomination of Sali Mouzla - Kihdis Ambassador for Supreme Allied Commander of the Peacekeepers ; Runoff Vote
    -Provisional Crisis occurring between Chkalovsk (Member-Nation) and Abkhazia and South Ossetia

Current Events involving Member Nations

Last edited by Council of Nations Admin on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:46 am, edited 17 times in total.

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:49 pm

President Maxwell sits back down in the chamber, softly laughing at the transcript from the one session of the chamber: it was one page long. Taking his seat at the dais at the front of the chamber, he awaited the rest of the chamber's members to arrive while fiddling with one of the Adevia ambassador's unretrieved possessions.
Last edited by Tectonix on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:45 am

Ambassador Witcha enters the chamber. She walks up to her seat and sits down. Witcha waits for the session to begin.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:20 pm

Orphius Logus made his way into the Chamber. It was much like the others which he's sat in. From the Senate to the halls of the IFC Council, he has sat through many arguments. And now he was to sit through more. This time from a new organization. He found his seat, and sat down, with an aide sitting behind him. He glanced around, and saw only two others in the room. Well this is awkward he thought. Logus set up his laptop, and began to check his emails.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Kihdis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kihdis » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:04 pm

Ambassador Haydar enters the chamber and moves to his marked seat. He sees only three other people in the chamber. "I guess I'm early."
I'm a bad leftist.
Current Leader: President Yaqûb Goran

Keskovonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keskovonia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Ambassador to the World Joshua King walks into the Chamber and begins to look around and sees a few early settlers (ambassadors).

King (thinking inside his head[i]): I wonder where do I sit at?

King: Hello everyone, if you need a trying please come to my office.

King leaves the Chamber and goes to look for his office.
I'm in the Council of Nations. Are YOU?
Joshua King
Ambassador to the World and Keskovonia

International Warfare
Republic of Central America
President Fernando Rosendo

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:18 pm

Striking the gavel on the small metal square on his desk, President Maxwell announces, "Order, order. I hereby call this Chamber into session for a preliminary discussionary period for the following topics." Slipping on his glasses, he continues, "The creation of a Council of Nations Charter; Should Puppet Nations be allowed into the Council; should kustgebied's ban be lifted. I now turn the floor over to members of the Chamber."

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Ambassador Witcha says "I think that puppets should be allowed into the Council. They were allowed to join under the last adminstration. I see no reason why they should be banned. I also think that a Charter should be created as soon as possible. The Council will be in disarray without one. However, I think that Kustgebied should remain banned from the Council. He was banned for causing trouble in the chamber and trying to force us to join a Discord against the wishes of the adminstration who didn't want anything to do with Discord."

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

"Honorable Ambassador, I do not concur with your opinion regarding puppet nations. Their inclusion will only lead to disproportionate elections and an overall legislative and logistical nightmare as applications flood in for puppet nations whose sole purpose is to rob us of a free and fair democratic process. However, I do fully agree with your proposition to create a Charter a soon as possible, though we require other members of the Chamber to begin arriving so we can have an actual voting bloc. As for Kustgebied, I have no objections regarding his banning, and I trust your word in his disruption of the Chamber."

Kihdis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kihdis » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Ambassador Haydar raises his placard in request to speak next. "I believe that the admission of puppets into this council will only complicate discussion, as there is a great possibility that proposals get passed/denied because of one person with an unfair voting advantage. Yes, we should begin drafting a charter to preserve order, I agree with that. Lastly, Kustgebied should no longer be banned from the Council, as I believe the banning was the result of a miscommunication between the disputing parties, and that Kustgebied's intentions were good, and did not harm any member of the Council. Thank you."
I'm a bad leftist.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Nodding at Haydar, the President says, "Your statement has been recorded by our onsite stenographer and taken into consideration. This Chamber thanks for your valued input. Now, I would like to propose an aspect that I believe should be in the Charter: Member Nations of the Council of Nations shall provide membership dues annually, the quantity being 1% of their GDP. Payment methods must either be in digital transaction, physical bank/federal reserve notes or physical objects of value specifically limited to: gold, silver, platinum, precious gems, semi-precious gems or jewelry of high physical value.
Last edited by Tectonix on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matta
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Matta » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:53 pm

President of Matta and Ambassador Maria Lilith enters the room, and quickly takes her seat. I've seen the agenda, and I must say I have no opinion on the whether or not kustgebied's ban be lifted. I also agree there should be a charter, and I agree on having a membership due. However I do suggest, we form a committee to create the charter, instead of throwing all these ideas out on an open floor.
Last edited by Matta on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yo, this city is rad, you should visit
Current Year: Whatever I feel like
Military
700,000 actively serving currently
240,000 in Army
150,000 in Navy
90,000 in Marine Corp
150,000 in airforce
70,000 serving in civilian positions
600,000 in reserves

Kihdis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kihdis » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Haydar raises his placard again. "With all due respect, Mr. and Mrs. Presidents, my nation objects to membership dues in the form of precious objects and currency because we do not practice this kind of economy. If we are to institute such dues, we believe that an addendum should be added to the clause requiring dues, that allows nations that have abolished currency to give useful resources to the council's members - resources like clothing, oil, or other natural resources."
I'm a bad leftist.

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gebeta » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:05 pm

The Gebetan representative walks in. He is wearing a cleanly pressed uniform, with nice sharp lines. Not that he is trying to show off, but is keeping in line with his roots in the armed forces.
The session is already in play, and he quickly but silenelty takes his place as a representative goes on about membership fees.

In his mind he agrees, there should be no fees. Not because there is no cash in Gebeta, but it would lead to corruption if not regulated.

He sits down, crossing his legs and listens.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 pm

"Mr. Haydar, I personally find your suggestion regarding how we instead of permitting jewelry and other precious objects as membership dues for countries whom cannot provide the other forms of payment, we allow them to pay use will "useful resources," flawed. Such an international body has no place having resources lying around with no easy and quick way to sell them-(unlike precious gems and jewelry, which is snatched up by oligarchs around the world in seconds), and the bureaucratic process in establishing a committee to store, maintain, quality control, sell and ship these resources is simply too complex. Your reasoning that "we do not practice this kind of economy" is odd, seeing as we are technically in the process of actually knowing what "economy" we shall practice. However, we shall archive your suggestion for future reference if whatever process we decide upon becomes undesirable. As a sidenote, your use of the placard is a very old-fashioned and courteous thing to do, something I have not seen in many a year. Nice display, good sir."

Finally drawing his attention from discussing membership dues, President Maxwell noticed both the arrival of the Gebetan representative and this "President Lilith," someone whom he had not been briefed upon or made aware of. Seeing as how she sat in an adjacent desk to his on the dais at the front of the chamber, he leaned over and said quietly, "Sorry to disturb you m'am, but are you sure you are President of this organisation? I believe I have been designated as President, though perhaps I am wrong."

Turning back to the chamber, he leaned into the microphone on his desk and spoke briefly, "Additionally, I concur with...'President' Lilith's proposition to establish a committee to create the charter. Though, we still require more members in the chamber so I may begin appointing members to it. We also require more members to vote upon kustgebied's ban, of which I will be providing a piece of legislation on shortly."

Novorossitov
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Novorossitov » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:13 pm

The ambassador from Novorossitov walked in. His name was Nikofor Anishin, and his proud walk into the room quickly ended when he realized he was late, yet again.
"Damnit." He muttered under his breath as he quickly took his seat. He listened keenly to the ongoing argument, looking around the room. He decides to introduce himself.
He stands up and makes a motion for silence.
"Hello comrades! Sorry if I am interrupting your discussion, but I would like to introduce myself. I am Nikofor Anishin, ambassador and representative to the Council of Nations from Novorossitov. You may call me Nikofor or Mr. Anishin. Sorry for interrupting your discussion, please continue."
Nikofor sat down.
Relax people, this nation doesn't represent my real political views.

Call me Novo!

We are not Novorossiya, we are not Russia, we are a fictional nation situated in the Americas formerly colonized by the Russian-Swedish Commonwealth. (Also fictional) Novorossitov runs in real-time, and we are currently in the year 2018.

Factbooks: Here

MT Canon: Novorossitov
PMT Canon: Eternis

IATA Member

This nation uses some NS Stats.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Turning his head from the chamber to the newly-arrived ambassador, President Maxwell lowered his glasses and said, "Welcome Novorossitovi comrade, to the august body of the Council of Nations. You have been granted speaking rights, as I have turned the floor over to this body's representatives. You may speak on any of the discussed issues."

Novorossitov
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Novorossitov » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:53 pm

"Thank you Mr. Maxwell. My stance on whether puppet nations should be allowed is that they should not be allowed. Think of it like this, puppet nations do not have freedom, they must be subordinate to their master nation, representing them instead of themselves. Same with ambassadors and rulers. An ambassador could not possibly represent himself, their goal is to represent their own nation. As for the charter, I believe a charter could be made, but if it is not necessary, then don't create one. As for..."
Nikofor discreetly glances at his agenda before stumbling over the word.
"K-Kust-Kustgee-Kustgeebed-um-Kustgebied, I honestly have no opinion on them."

Call me Novo!

We are not Novorossiya, we are not Russia, we are a fictional nation situated in the Americas formerly colonized by the Russian-Swedish Commonwealth. (Also fictional) Novorossitov runs in real-time, and we are currently in the year 2018.

IATA Member

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm

"Well, I believe we now must decide on Kustgebied's banning. As chair, I hereby table the following bill for a vote."

Resolution on the Banning of Kustgebied
Author: Alexander J. Maxwell (President - Tectonix)

This Resolution for the Council of Nations hereby exercises its power granted by the democratic assembly of the Chamber to enforce the following:

§1 – Definitions:
Kustgebied: The Global-Spanning Superstate of Kustgebied, a sovereign entity whom was a member of the previous iteration of the Council of Nations(https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kustgebied).

§2 – Legislative Action:
The sovereign entity known as Kustgebied shall be banned from the following:

a. Applying for membership in the Council of Nations.
b. Gaining membership in the Council of Nations.
c. Obtaining any form of ability to be present in Active Sessions of the Chamber.
d. Using a puppet nation in attempts to do any of the actions listed in a.,b., and/or c.
e. Attempting to influence legislative occurrences in the Chamber.
f. Attempting to disrupt Chamber and/or Council of Nations proceedings.
g. Disrupting Council of Nations external activities or in any way doing an action deemed an interference to previously mentioned activites.

§3 – Government Entities:
The following entities shall be constituted under this Resolution:

a. The Council Banning Enforcement Committee: A committee made to investigate and identify alleged banning violations, report banning violations to the Administrator and provide depositions to and against Chamber members.

Code: Select all
Please "X" one square over your vote. You may only vote once.

[ ] Yea
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain
Last edited by Tectonix on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:34 pm

[X] Yea
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:35 pm

[X ] Yea
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 pm

"Mr. President, I feel it is not the right time to be submitting legislation. I have no idea what the power of this legislature even is. Does the President even have the power to submit legislation? Does the legislature have that power? We have no idea because this organisation does not have a charter outlining the powers. I submit that this resolution be tabled until such time that a charter is created. If this organization is going to continue without clearly defined powers, it shall most surely either fall or become a dictatorship for a single nation, and my nation shall not be around when that happens" said Logus.
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:39 pm

OOC:

As I am not banned from the chamber as a thread, and since this relates to the resolution at hand, I find it fitting to ask a question here - I am not currently banned from the Council of Nations?
ripping off vic and siggy by being another tricolour westerner superstate

Novorossitov
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Novorossitov » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:40 pm

"May I ask, what has Kustge-Kustgebied done to provide a banning legislature?" Nikofor asks.

Call me Novo!

IATA Member

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Novorossitov wrote:"May I ask, what has Kustge-Kustgebied done to provide a banning legislature?" Nikofor asks.

OOC:

Absolutely nothing, other than opposing the will of our glorious eternal dictator by proposing a Discord.
ripping off vic and siggy by being another tricolour westerner superstate

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates