NATION

PASSWORD

Organisation of Forestian Island Nations [IC, Forest-Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shalotte
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Shalotte » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:13 am

[OOC: I'm still interested!]
Last edited by Shalotte on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nakad
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakad » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:26 am

(I'm happy to keep this going as well by the way, I just don't know where we go from here.)
Ignore NS stats.
Proud Member of OFIN.
Nudist Nation, MT, Human.
Embassy Program

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:18 am

Saturday, October 29. 10.30 am.

Cecilia Wang stood by a cocktail table on which her favorite refreshments happened to have been laid out, and helped herself. ''Mmm, these chocolate cookies are delicious,'' she thought to herself, as she munched them voraciously. After Dr. Kaufmann's uninspiring speech full of commonplace phrases endorsing cooperation and friendship; and the ensuing informal introductions of the delegates, the opening ceremony continued with even more informal introductions around cocktail tables and the beautiful music of a string quartet that had replaced Barbara Kaufmann on stage. Cecilia Wang had been told that the band had come from Nakad on special request from Angelika Henkel, the chancellor of Frieden-und Freudenland, and they played wonderful island-themed classical music pieces. Right now, as Cecilia was gorging herself on chocolate cookies, they were playing “The blood of a dragon – Stolen by treachery” from the opera ''The Enchanted Island.'' Cecilia enjoyed the music, but also questioned how appropriate it was to have 4 completely naked musicians on stage during the opening ceremony of a serious meeting. The cellist's bare body had more or less been concealed behind his instrument, but the others... Cecilia noticed that many guests took special care not to look in the direction of the stage, which she found amusing.

Cecilia was startled when she was greeted by Freya Kristoffersen.

''Hi.''

''Oh, hi. I assume you're Freya Kristoffersen. Nice to meet you.'' She tried to smile, but it was hard to do that with a big cookie crumbling in her mouth.

''Have we met before? How did you know it was me?'' asked Freya with a confused look.

''Ehmm, you have a name tag.''

Freya slowly looked down, saw the name tag hanging from her neck, and laughed. ''I am sorry, I always forget such things. Anyway, in that case, I see that youuuu must beeeeee, ehm, can you remove your hair to the side, please? Thanks. Oh, Cecilia Wong! Nice to meet you, too.''

''Wang.''

''What?''

''My last name. My last name is Wang.''

''Oh, sorry. I must have misread it. Ha ha. I am very pleased to meet you. Sooo, what was your purpose in coming here? What are you gonna talk about?''

''Well, I am the CEO of Pampelmuse Incorporated, an engineering company that works to provide eco-friendly solutions to problems that the agricultural sector faces,'' rejoined Cecilia with an immense speed. She had studied this sentence very well, as she had been required to utter it perhaps 5 times a day for the last two years. So uttering this sentence was as natural for her as riding a bicycle. It spilled from her mouth almost automatically.

''Wow, impressive!'' Freya said. ''Pampelmuse Incorporated? I've never heard of it, but it has a cool name, so it should be a cool company, right? And I am a senior member of NAACT, which is the abbreviation for the National Assembly for the Amelioration of Coastal Towns.''

''Err, I believe you're from the National Association for the Advancement of Coastal Towns.''

''Oh, right. Hey, but isn't it already what I've said?'' Freya grew aggressive. ''I hope you're not trying to insinuate that you know which institution I represent better than I do.

''N-no, that wasn't my intention,'' Cecilia stammered, fearing conflict.

''I don't like your attitude,'' snapped Freya with a vocal fry. ''Anyway, since you're so knowledgable about everything, perhaps you can show me where the bathroom is. I've got to pee. I've drunk too much tea, you know.''

''It is on the right,'' Cecilia remarked with an exasperated manner and pointed in the direction of the restrooms stretching out her right hand.

''Thanks,'' said Freya coldly, and darted towards the left, bumping into several delegates who had been nonchalantly chatting without aware of the danger Freya posed, and she even soaked the expensive suit of Mr. Tokugawa Min with the sourcherry juice he had been drinking. In her hurry she rapidly hurled a half-hearted ''Excuse me!'' at Mr. Min and continued to gallop towards where she thought she would find the bathroom.

Cecilia Wang gasped, her cookie-filled mouth half-open and her right arm still pointing in the direction of the bathrooms. She let her right arm drop by her side, hitting her leg. ''This is gonna be a loooong weekend,'' she muttered.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Tishanda » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:16 am

After the speeches ended for a break, Pamela Largua went and sat on a bench in the Sereneville gardens. "What's in this drink?" She says right before she spits it out. "Well then, I guess I shouldn't of got that one." Not long after she explores the rest of the Sereneville gardens before being asked to come back inside.
Last edited by Tishanda on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
❀The Equatorial Republic Of Tishanda❀
Kaayusan - Kapayapaan - Pagkakaisa

Nakad
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakad » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:41 pm

If thinking that she could avoid the sight of the Nakadian Band, Cecilia Wang would be in for a shock. As soon as she would have entered the women's bathroom she would be greeted with the sight of young woman, athletically built with an all over tan fussing over her long brown hair as she looked into the mirror. This was Cate Rhodes, the minister of Foreign Affairs for Nakad, which Cecilia would be able to read from the tag that was sitting on the counter next to the sink. Both Cate and Claus had originally shown up to the meeting dressed, but once they realised that their musicians where allowed to be in their natural state they had immediately done the same. After all this was their culture and if they were going to be in this alliance, the other nations would have to be familiar with it. Cate certainly looked more comfortable, she had even forgone shoes.

Finished primping her hair, she picked up her tag and put it around her neck. It was then she came face to face with Cecilia.

"Oh, hello there." She looked at Cecilia Wang's tag. "Ms. Wang. Getting away from the noise too?" Her voice would carry a british like accent which was common for most Nakadians.

Claus Welder meanwhile had made his way to the bar. Like Cate, he too had quite the tan and people could now see just how well built he was, even for his age. Putting down some protective covering on the barstool, he sat himself down. The bartender looked rather awkward, but still took Claus' order of a scotch. Drink in hand, Claus took a ginger sip and looked about the crowded venue. A few people met his gaze, but quickly averted it just as quickly as they met. Claus shrugged, so long as the talks were successful he didn't really care about what the others thought. He gulped down the rest of his drink and requested another.
Last edited by Nakad on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ignore NS stats.
Proud Member of OFIN.
Nudist Nation, MT, Human.
Embassy Program

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Saturday, October 29. 11.00 am.

Jörg Khan applauded the string quartet from Nakad. It had been a captivating performance, really. He loved the island-themed music pieces. As he was enthusiastically clapping, a waiter approached him with a platter on which a curious assortment of canapés were to be found.

''Excuse me, Sir,'' he said, ''would you like to taste our canapés?''

Jörg Khan turned to the waiter with a smile, but soon his smile turned into an angry grimace. ''Are you even aware what you are offering me right now?'' he yelled.

The waiter flinched. ''I-I'm sorry Sir, I didn't intend to disturb you. It's just canapés...I-I''

''Shut up!'' yelled Jörg Khan again. With the music of the band from Nakad silenced, everybody could hear it. And a hundred eyes settled on them. Jörg Khan didn't seem to mind. ''Do you know what's in those canapés?''

The waiter was trembling with fear and dared not speak.

''Tuna! You are shamelessly offering me tuna canapés with a mocking smile on your face! How can you expect me to eat tuna?''

''D-do you have an allergy, Sir? Or are you a vegan? I'm sorry, I didn't know.''

''Oh, for the sake of Poseidon! You've gotta be kidding me! Ever heard of the catastrophic tuna population decline in the Kolaxa Sea?''

The waiter looked down and did not answer.

''Surely you haven't. Ignorance, just plain shameless ignorance. You don't even care what's going on around you, do you? Those poor tunas are dying because of excessive fishing, and you're supporting industrial fishing by serving tuna canapés, and on such a special day when pressing environmental issues such as the future of Kolaxa Sea will be discussed! You have to be ashamed of yourself.''

The waiter was about to cry, he quickly apologized and dashed off to serve other guests.

Dr. Barbara Kaufmann, who had been watching the scene from a distance, was certainly not happy with Jörg Khan's rudeness. The guy had simply overreacted. Plus, Dr. Kaufmann was a pescetarian herself, and she loved tuna. In fact, it was she who had included tuna canapés in the menu of refreshments to be served during the opening ceremony. Surely this Jög Khan had an unhealthy attachment to Kolaxa Sea. She cared about the decline in the tuna population as well, but humiliating a waiter for serving tuna canapés? That was too much. She needed to talk to Jörg Khan.

''Hello Mr. Khan, it's nice to see you here. Is everything alright?'' she inquired politely.

''No, everything is not alright.'' snapped Khan. That impertinent waiter of yours just insulted me with a tray full of tuna canapés! Kolaxa Sea will not forgive this treachery!''

''I see, I'm sorry for the mistake. We should have been more careful about that.'' said Dr. Kaufmann, trying to humour Khan. But he was relentless.

''I mean, what else is awaiting me out there, huh? What's your next surprise? Will you serve tuna for lunch as well? Or crab? Or Salmon?''

''You are absolutely right,'' said Dr. Kaufmann softly and her heart skipped a beat when she remembered that the lunch menu on that day included potted crab with asparagus, smoked salmon toasts, and tuna artichoke salad.

''Excuse me,'' she said and left for the kitchen. She hoped to talk to the cooks to somehow keep any kind of seafood away from Jörg Khan.

As Jörg Khan hopelessly tried to overpower his anger, the waiter kept serving tuna canapés to the other guests. That was enough to infuriate Jörg Khan. He rolled up his sleeves, revealing a giant dolphin tattoo on his left arm and the tattoo of a Latin phrase ''Delphinos amao'' which read as ''I love dolphins'' on his right arm. He walked towards the poor waiter and punched him in the face, and flung off the tray. The tray somersaulted twice in midair and finally landed upside down on the head of Mr. Manuel Ricadaro from Tishanda, soaking his hair with the mayonnaise-y sauce of the tuna canapés.

Dr. Kaufmann started running back towards the hall. She was too late to stop the disgrace.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Previous

Return to NationStates