NATION

PASSWORD

Forest RPing Brainstorming/Discussion Hub [OOC, Forest-Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Algonquian Nations
Secretary

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Algonquian Nations » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Clann Macthomais wrote:Would it make sense to wait until the Zombie Apocalypse is over? I don have a sense yet as to whether this Region or its members get heavily involved in that...

Well... the zombie apocalypse is over.... :D

I'm the Clann's evil twin....so I'll get this up and running....

Algonquian Nations
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Algonquian Nations » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:00 pm

I've initiated the RP for you all. It doesnt matter what your nation's "ethos" is - simply develop one or more characters (or use ones you've used before), and find a reason to get them to the Island. Students, teachers, researchers, biologists, entrepreneurs, military scouts - all are welcome. Come as you are, and help develop the story line.

(Powers of the Forest that be, it would be helpful to all if you could make this a link at the WFB at the top of the Forest Page so nations can easily find it.....)

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=393947the

Mount Seymour
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mount Seymour » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Yay! Will post imminently...
The Pacific Alpine Commonwealth of Mount Seymour
a.k.a. Somyrion, Aumeltopia
Security Council #212
Issue #640

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Tishanda » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Algonquian Nations wrote:I've initiated the RP for you all. It doesnt matter what your nation's "ethos" is - simply develop one or more characters (or use ones you've used before), and find a reason to get them to the Island. Students, teachers, researchers, biologists, entrepreneurs, military scouts - all are welcome. Come as you are, and help develop the story line.

(Powers of the Forest that be, it would be helpful to all if you could make this a link at the WFB at the top of the Forest Page so nations can easily find it.....)

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... =393947the

Looks great!
❀The Equatorial Republic Of Tishanda❀
Kaayusan - Kapayapaan - Pagkakaisa

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:25 am

Algonquian Nations wrote:I've initiated the RP for you all. It doesnt matter what your nation's "ethos" is - simply develop one or more characters (or use ones you've used before), and find a reason to get them to the Island. Students, teachers, researchers, biologists, entrepreneurs, military scouts - all are welcome. Come as you are, and help develop the story line.

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=393947the

Yay! The Caracasusians are on their way.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:24 am

Is anyone else approaching the island yet? I've left it fairly open. As an OOC thing:

The Caracasusians aren't going to blow anyone out of the water or anything - they'll talk to and try to work with other nations first. They'd be most interested in maintaining the ecosystem, so might be unhappy if people just land and start messing around.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Algonquian Nations
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Algonquian Nations » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:35 pm

We're about to step foot on ... whatever this is..... ;-)

Mount Seymour
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mount Seymour » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm planning to land on the island soon, but the Seymourians are just going to be peaceably exploring. I'm going to maybe connect the island to the Kolaxa Sea pollution/alien thing if that works.

Also, Frieden-und Freudenland, I'd really appreciate if you didn't dictate what went on in Mount Seymour, especially not a "project" as big as that.
The Pacific Alpine Commonwealth of Mount Seymour
a.k.a. Somyrion, Aumeltopia
Security Council #212
Issue #640

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 am

So. Plans for an RP. Personally I'm rather keen to think about space exploration at least a little. Thoughts?

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:10 am

Great idea! I like mystery themes, so colonization by itself is not sooo appealing to me (I would still join in if you wanted to do that of course). Recently I have been writing about Meeresleuchten, which is like an Atlantis story. And that's the thing for me. Is there a civilization underwater? Can we communicate with them? These are the questions that I find thrilling. I could agree with a colonization RP thread if we add a potential contact with extraterrestrials to it as well. I don't know how it would work, and whether the ETs should be friendly or hostile, but I would enjoy it, I think.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 am

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Great idea! I like mystery themes, so colonization by itself is not sooo appealing to me (I would still join in if you wanted to do that of course). Recently I have been writing about Meeresleuchten, which is like an Atlantis story. And that's the thing for me. Is there a civilization underwater? Can we communicate with them? These are the questions that I find thrilling. I could agree with a colonization RP thread if we add a potential contact with extraterrestrials to it as well. I don't know how it would work, and whether the ETs should be friendly or hostile, but I would enjoy it, I think.

Thanks for the input! Mystery can be included - perhaps a murder mystery! If space colonisation is the plan, then additionally I'm certainly up for the Frieden-und Freudenland vessel coming across a derelict spacecraft... that bears absolutely no resemblence to anything currently known.

The underwater thing sounds promising too - what were you thinking of doing with it?

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 am

Caracasus wrote:
Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Great idea! I like mystery themes, so colonization by itself is not sooo appealing to me (I would still join in if you wanted to do that of course). Recently I have been writing about Meeresleuchten, which is like an Atlantis story. And that's the thing for me. Is there a civilization underwater? Can we communicate with them? These are the questions that I find thrilling. I could agree with a colonization RP thread if we add a potential contact with extraterrestrials to it as well. I don't know how it would work, and whether the ETs should be friendly or hostile, but I would enjoy it, I think.

Thanks for the input! Mystery can be included - perhaps a murder mystery! If space colonisation is the plan, then additionally I'm certainly up for the Frieden-und Freudenland vessel coming across a derelict spacecraft... that bears absolutely no resemblence to anything currently known.

The underwater thing sounds promising too - what were you thinking of doing with it?

Well, here is a spoiler.

I already created a nation called Meeresleuchten which is lurking in the Pacific. My plan was to create a mystery story surrounding this legendary nation that must have been submerged and that somehow continued to exist underwater. As we gradually accumulated evidence of its existence, I would publish an official message that came from the leader of Meeresleuchten, finally disclosing their true identity, and asking to join Forest. The mystery would have been solved at this point, and I didn't plan the rest. But here's where the real fun begins. Once we have a nation operating underwater, we can keep developing mysterious underwater stories, I thought.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:19 am

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

Well, here is a spoiler.

I already created a nation called Meeresleuchten which is lurking in the Pacific. My plan was to create a mystery story surrounding this legendary nation that must have been submerged and that somehow continued to exist underwater. As we gradually accumulated evidence of its existence, I would publish an official message that came from the leader of Meeresleuchten, finally disclosing their true identity, and asking to join Forest. The mystery would have been solved at this point, and I didn't plan the rest. But here's where the real fun begins. Once we have a nation operating underwater, we can keep developing mysterious underwater stories, I thought.

Well it seems like you've already got a concrete idea of sorts. Want to put up the RP?

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:36 am

Caracasus wrote:
Well, here is a spoiler.

Well it seems like you've already got a concrete idea of sorts. Want to put up the RP?

Sure, I could do that. But where should I start? Should Meeresleuchten appear now? Or should we keep building suspense until it is finally discovered?

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:41 am

Caracasus wrote:

Sure, I could do that. But where should I start? Should Meeresleuchten appear now? Or should we keep building suspense until it is finally discovered?

Introduce them later I think. It would be better to start with the mystery

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 am

Caracasus wrote:

Alright. But I guess I don't need to start from the beginning. Maybe I can summarize what has happened so far by way of an introduction and invite people to collaborate.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 am

Caracasus wrote:

Alright. But I guess I don't need to start from the beginning. Maybe I can summarize what has happened so far by way of an introduction and invite people to collaborate.

Yeah, use that newspaper article you posted as the first post, and link to an OOC where you can give rules and answer questions.

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 am

OK, here is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400187

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
~Walt Whitman

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed May 03, 2017 11:41 am

Hi I'm new round here

So, I'm pretty certain caracasus said I could use this, so here I am.

Bit of background on me. Last time I was on here ( NS ) I did an RP called 'Things to do in Caracasus before you die'. Based on that RP it gave me an idea I wish discuss today.

RP: A fallen empire

The premise - an old empire collapses, and in its place rise smaller nations looking to make an impression on the world. For an example we will have 5 nations:

-a militaristic nation, who wants to conquer the old empires land.
-a communist nation, who wants to spread their message across the world.
-a fascist nation, who wants to destroy communism.
-a pacifist nation, with no military and an intent on world peace.
-a neutral nation, trying to survive.

These could be different types or just more nations, but the basics remain the same. Multiple nations from the ashes of an old empire with their own goals and interests.

Then, all you have to decide is your relationship with the old empire, and what you want to do with these new nations. Say I used to trade with the empire, and the I decide to make the most out of it and try to make new trade deals, as well as probably try to stabilize the region. Different nations would have different goals of course.

This is the basic idea, so I'd like a proper plot line and structure please, and hope your all willing to help/join in.

Sincerely, Significance.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri May 05, 2017 12:42 am

Significance wrote:Hi I'm new round here

So, I'm pretty certain caracasus said I could use this, so here I am.

Bit of background on me. Last time I was on here ( NS ) I did an RP called 'Things to do in Caracasus before you die'. Based on that RP it gave me an idea I wish discuss today.

RP: A fallen empire

The premise - an old empire collapses, and in its place rise smaller nations looking to make an impression on the world. For an example we will have 5 nations:

-a militaristic nation, who wants to conquer the old empires land.
-a communist nation, who wants to spread their message across the world.
-a fascist nation, who wants to destroy communism.
-a pacifist nation, with no military and an intent on world peace.
-a neutral nation, trying to survive.

These could be different types or just more nations, but the basics remain the same. Multiple nations from the ashes of an old empire with their own goals and interests.

Then, all you have to decide is your relationship with the old empire, and what you want to do with these new nations. Say I used to trade with the empire, and the I decide to make the most out of it and try to make new trade deals, as well as probably try to stabilize the region. Different nations would have different goals of course.

This is the basic idea, so I'd like a proper plot line and structure please, and hope your all willing to help/join in.

Sincerely, Significance.

Okay. To start with, a fallen power that has disbanded into factions and in some places no rule whatsoever is a decent concept for a RP. The trouble with determining nations that rise up in its place is that it's going to require someone to manage and control those nations. I can't see
that happening.

I'd also suggest this looks very set up for a primarily conflict/war based RP - not necessarily a bad thing if you like that sort of thing, but I can't see it proving that popular in Forest.

If I may make a few suggestions to improve this, if you want to get people involved that is:

1) lose the title. Take a quick look at the International Incidents RP's - plenty with "fallen empire" or similar in their title. Think of something a little more enticing.

2) Don't have 5 seperate puppet nations. You'll honestly never be able to keep track of them. I found it hard enough with 4, and I had plenty of people helping run them.

3) Provide a more interesting/immediate angle. Most of Forest is basically pretty against intervening in other nations. I'd suggest something that prompts a response that allows players to do anything from sending in aid to actually getting involved in the politics of a crumbling nation. Something that threatens the lives of many people - perhaps a humanitarian disaster? It's possible that the "empire" (think of a better name) ruled with a fairly firm hand but a great deal of efficiency, now it is crumbling, the infrastructure that supported its citizens is decaying, leading to food shortages. To make matters worse, some fragments of the old government and newer potential powers seem to be scuffling. It might not be war yet but it certainly looks like it could turn into a civil war.

Do this and you've got the (potential) interest of:

a) Nations who promote human rights - there's hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing a country that is becoming worse and worse.

b) Nations who want to make a few quid. Plenty of money to be made by supporting the right side and rebuilding with your own contractors.

c) Nations who might have an ideological ax to grind against others - different factions within the collapsing country, all vying for international support/recognition

d) People who might like to RP journalists etc - maybe making a few news posts about what is going on.

THose are my immediate thoughts on this.

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 am

Caracasus wrote:Okay. To start with, a fallen power that has disbanded into factions and in some places no rule whatsoever is a decent concept for a RP. The trouble with determining nations that rise up in its place is that it's going to require someone to manage and control those nations. I can't see
that happening.

I'd also suggest this looks very set up for a primarily conflict/war based RP - not necessarily a bad thing if you like that sort of thing, but I can't see it proving that popular in Forest.

If I may make a few suggestions to improve this, if you want to get people involved that is:

1) lose the title. Take a quick look at the International Incidents RP's - plenty with "fallen empire" or similar in their title. Think of something a little more enticing.

2) Don't have 5 seperate puppet nations. You'll honestly never be able to keep track of them. I found it hard enough with 4, and I had plenty of people helping run them.

3) Provide a more interesting/immediate angle. Most of Forest is basically pretty against intervening in other nations. I'd suggest something that prompts a response that allows players to do anything from sending in aid to actually getting involved in the politics of a crumbling nation. Something that threatens the lives of many people - perhaps a humanitarian disaster? It's possible that the "empire" (think of a better name) ruled with a fairly firm hand but a great deal of efficiency, now it is crumbling, the infrastructure that supported its citizens is decaying, leading to food shortages. To make matters worse, some fragments of the old government and newer potential powers seem to be scuffling. It might not be war yet but it certainly looks like it could turn into a civil war.

Do this and you've got the (potential) interest of:

a) Nations who promote human rights - there's hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing a country that is becoming worse and worse.

b) Nations who want to make a few quid. Plenty of money to be made by supporting the right side and rebuilding with your own contractors.

c) Nations who might have an ideological ax to grind against others - different factions within the collapsing country, all vying for international support/recognition

d) People who might like to RP journalists etc - maybe making a few news posts about what is going on.

Those are my immediate thoughts on this.

I had hoped an open RP for everyone but your point stands. Even I don't want primarily military, but the threat of such is nescessary to add tension.

Now, what I put forth is merely scratch work, and throwing most of it out the window is encouraged, so I'm glad to see you doing just that.

Your saying you'd prefer less nations, say max 4 but preferably 3. That could work. I had just hoped we could have as many ideologies as possible to cause friction, but maybe sub factions could be a thing, so one nation actually controls multiple groups? It worked last time I think, but I could be wrong. Although I want to make it clear. These sub groups could still work as one, just maybe have disagreements that cause problems.

The 'empire' itself? Well, I'm open to suggestions from all but I'll have a crack:

The Goliath federation, a mighty conglomeration of smaller states working together to help eachother, but after a terrorist attack the government is wiped out the infighting begins and the one crumbles into many as states join up with each other they agree with to protect each other to those who disagree. Obviously none of them can look after themselves like the federation could as there is no longer one big hand to guide them, so problems ensue inside and outside.

Then we pick up from there, as old friends and enemies of the federation come to watch the show. Maybe the terrorists could even stick around as their own sub faction.

I'll leave names and motives for the smaller factions open, to see what people like best.

Oh, and I'll put forward the name 'David vs Goliath'. Maybe the terrorists represent David hmm?

That's all I have, at least for now till someone gives me another spark (thanks btw)

Tegnadel
Civilian

Founded: Sep 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tegnadel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Is the RP still going on and how do we enter it?

Greyveldt
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greyveldt » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 pm

NECRO'D!

...is there any RP?
Last edited by Greyveldt on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates