NATION

PASSWORD

The Wellspring Event (TWI ONLY | OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:49 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Breaking into Section 8? Badass. Also, a cool way to get into conflict with Erik Grinner.

He could break in start working on Sash's body then be approached by Erik who realizing it's in Atnaia's best interest to stop super heroes from being killed basically hires Ranger to help him stop the entity.

Section 8 is a prison/research facility in the Dark Matter Universe accessed via a government facility outside Port Gray. Getting in alone is going to be a whole thing.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:You posted faster than I could respond lol. But yeah, that would be an automatic assumption. Hmmm my character would be the type to seek out his allies. I'll let this develop and see which way thr story gets pushed.

As for your last post regarding shades abilities, I was thinking his methods, not really what he is. His motivations are different from a spy, as he's driven by a sense of the greater good. But his methods of gathering information are similar to a Jason Bourne character, while his motivations are batman styled, and his solutions like the punisher.

A good parallel would be Rorshach from Watchmen, to some extent.

I'll read some about that character to be sure you and I are on the same page.
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:A good parallel would be Rorshach from Watchmen, to some extent.

I'll read some about that character to be sure you and I are on the same page.

Take Rorshach, add a very healthy dose of Batman, lather on a bit of the Shadow and other pulp heroes, and we have the Shade.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:I'll read some about that character to be sure you and I are on the same page.

Take Rorshach, add a very healthy dose of Batman, lather on a bit of the Shadow and other pulp heroes, and we have the Shade.

Alright.

Where would the body have been taken?
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:He could break in start working on Sash's body then be approached by Erik who realizing it's in Atnaia's best interest to stop super heroes from being killed basically hires Ranger to help him stop the entity.

Section 8 is a prison/research facility in the Dark Matter Universe accessed via a government facility outside Port Gray. Getting in alone is going to be a whole thing.

Who said alone? Who could work with him to find out who is responsible for this and has the ability to get him in, whether legally or through other means.
The Western Isles member.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:56 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Section 8 is a prison/research facility in the Dark Matter Universe accessed via a government facility outside Port Gray. Getting in alone is going to be a whole thing.

Who said alone? Who could work with him to find out who is responsible for this and has the ability to get him in, whether legally or through other means.

Seems like he'd only really roll with the villainous crowd...hmmm...Overthinker maybe? He'd have the mind for coming up with a plan to get in. Or Intellect, given that he is an alien super-intelligent AI in a powerful robot body.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Who said alone? Who could work with him to find out who is responsible for this and has the ability to get him in, whether legally or through other means.

Seems like he'd only really roll with the villainous crowd...hmmm...Overthinker maybe? He'd have the mind for coming up with a plan to get in. Or Intellect, given that he is an alien super-intelligent AI in a powerful robot body.

Overthinker looks good, intellect seems like the type who would do it himself while overthinker would more likely use a mercenary like Ranger for his plans.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Who said alone? Who could work with him to find out who is responsible for this and has the ability to get him in, whether legally or through other means.

Sooooo the body is in section 8
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Seems like he'd only really roll with the villainous crowd...hmmm...Overthinker maybe? He'd have the mind for coming up with a plan to get in. Or Intellect, given that he is an alien super-intelligent AI in a powerful robot body.

Yes, maybe a meet up of Shade and Ranger?

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:04 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Taziristan wrote:Sooooo the body is in section 8

Yes, maybe a meet up of Shade and Ranger?

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I wonder how the characters will think of each other?
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Taziristan wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Yes, maybe a meet up of Shade and Ranger?

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I wonder how the characters will think of each other?

Shade would hate Ranger and think of him as another criminal while Ranger would think of him as probably another target in the future but would work together to try to figure this out all be it for completely different reasons.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:09 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Taziristan wrote:That's kinda what I'm thinking. I wonder how the characters will think of each other?

Shade would hate Ranger and think of him as another criminal while Ranger would think of him as probably another target in the future but would work together to try to figure this out all be it for completely different reasons.

Idk. Maybe. Depends because you are making your character more of a mercenary.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Taziristan wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Shade would hate Ranger and think of him as another criminal while Ranger would think of him as probably another target in the future but would work together to try to figure this out all be it for completely different reasons.

Idk. Maybe. Depends because you are making your character more of a mercenary.

He is a mercenary and he specializes in killing heroes.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:14 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Taziristan wrote:Idk. Maybe. Depends because you are making your character more of a mercenary.

He is a mercenary and he specializes in killing heroes.

Hahahahaha. We'd never work together.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Seems like he'd only really roll with the villainous crowd...hmmm...Overthinker maybe? He'd have the mind for coming up with a plan to get in. Or Intellect, given that he is an alien super-intelligent AI in a powerful robot body.

Will be soon. Not yet. We haven't done anything yet. I can write a few explanatory posts if you guys like.

The Grand Force wrote:
Taziristan wrote:That's kinda what I'm thinking. I wonder how the characters will think of each other?

I see like a Deadshot/Batman vibe there.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Taziristan wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:He is a mercenary and he specializes in killing heroes.

Never say never. The Shade is a smart guy. When faced with a force of Galactus-like proportions, he would likely look for any weapon he can use...even criminals.

I do find it a bit nerver wracking that so far we only really have ground-level characters.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Taziristan wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:He is a mercenary and he specializes in killing heroes.

Yep, they would rather jump off a cliff into a volcano with sharks swimming in it.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:Hahahahaha. We'd never work together.

Never say never. The Shade is a smart guy. When faced with a force of Galactus-like proportions, he would likely look for any weapon he can use...even criminals.

I do find it a bit nerver wracking that so far we only really have ground-level characters.

True. Hmmm we will need to recruit for this rp. Good thing we have a DM. People are probably trying to avoid being OP
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:Sooooo the body is in section 8

Will be soon. Not yet. We haven't done anything yet. I can write a few explanatory posts if you guys like.

The Grand Force wrote:Shade would hate Ranger and think of him as another criminal while Ranger would think of him as probably another target in the future but would work together to try to figure this out all be it for completely different reasons.

Bingo.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Never say never. The Shade is a smart guy. When faced with a force of Galactus-like proportions, he would likely look for any weapon he can use...even criminals.

True. Hmmm we will need to recruit for this rp. Good thing we have a DM. People are probably trying to avoid being OP

How? just say in the RMB join this RP if you want to be a comic character!

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Will be soon. Not yet. We haven't done anything yet. I can write a few explanatory posts if you guys like.

Bingo.

Yesss and ok. Please do. Maybe edit the OP and announce it on the thread. Put little synopses on there like you did during the crisis.

As for recruiting, idk. Perhaps DM play some powerful villains and heroes, but leaving them open to play if anyone wants to take them. Then post on the RMB and ooc when you make a post like that. Again, a synopsis of what's occurred so people looking into it don't feel lost.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:27 pm

One way to organize this is almost divide this into issues, with spoiled explanations of what happened in each issue in the op. These issues would not only contain synopses of what major characters have done, but also plot clues and what not.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Taziristan wrote:One way to organize this is almost divide this into issues, with spoiled explanations of what happened in each issue in the op. These issues would not only contain synopses of what major characters have done, but also plot clues and what not.

The reason I suggest this is that most of the heroes and villains are men of action, leaders of groups. The first part of this story will merely see them acting as representatives of either parties. Meeting the alien invaders, trying to pick up the slack of their dead compatriot. Meanwhile, detectives will be ripping into the entire story, then providing information to various people like the Atnaian Hero.

My apologies for triple posting
Last edited by Taziristan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:18 pm

What about my character Croctopus? Perhaps he hear's of this through a news source and begins using criminal hackers to analyze anothers data, perhaps ranger or shades, and after reviewing the clues he comes to the answer that whoever is doing this could possibly make him a normal man again. He could even work with some heroes in infiltrating sector 8, using his int. And ability to cling and crawl on most surfaces. There could even be an ethical issue that arises because in the instance of being caught he brutally kills a guard and either devours him( though if he eats people now he would have to have a reason, like the crocodile dna in him makes him thirst for meaty sustanance.) or rips him apart stealthily.

This could cause an internal conflict among the group of people that are trying to analyze the body or search for truth, straining their morals and code of justice as they have to decide to let it go in benefit of the mission, or hold to their inner codes and handle it now possibly halting their mission?

Croctopus cam be found with criminals in heists or in the ocean catching prey to test on in order to find a cure at his new lab. Which can be somewhere abandoned or underground. I could start his intro with him sneaking into his old lab to get equipment.

Any of this ring your creativity DM? Do you like the character?

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:47 am

Paradisiam wrote:What about my character Croctopus? Perhaps he hear's of this through a news source and begins using criminal hackers to analyze anothers data, perhaps ranger or shades, and after reviewing the clues he comes to the answer that whoever is doing this could possibly make him a normal man again. He could even work with some heroes in infiltrating sector 8, using his int. And ability to cling and crawl on most surfaces. There could even be an ethical issue that arises because in the instance of being caught he brutally kills a guard and either devours him( though if he eats people now he would have to have a reason, like the crocodile dna in him makes him thirst for meaty sustanance.) or rips him apart stealthily.

This could cause an internal conflict among the group of people that are trying to analyze the body or search for truth, straining their morals and code of justice as they have to decide to let it go in benefit of the mission, or hold to their inner codes and handle it now possibly halting their mission?

Croctopus cam be found with criminals in heists or in the ocean catching prey to test on in order to find a cure at his new lab. Which can be somewhere abandoned or underground. I could start his intro with him sneaking into his old lab to get equipment.

Any of this ring your creativity DM? Do you like the character?

He wouldn't hear it from Ranger he's just a mercenary not a hacker.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates