NATION

PASSWORD

The Wellspring Event (TWI ONLY | OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:59 am

I know I had already posted this on the RMB and even sent a TG but just for safe-keeping.

Here are a few superheroes for Dr. Green Academy for Gifted Children (that's why the ones listed below are all teenagers/students) and have to admit that I like the X-Men much more than other superheroes out there:)

I give you total freedom to decide the superhero names for them or none at all. All of them here were born with their powers.

1. Batraz Dzhioyev - A Rjanekä (ethnic group originating in Skaitsya) Buddhist boy, Batraz has the power of atomic manipulation and is considered the strongest superhero from Athara Magarat. Since each and every matter is made up of atoms, he has thus control over almost everything. He is considered a living nuclear weapon by many. A "freak" accident occurred where he accidentally nearly destroyed his hometown of Aläršhe out of existence until he was rendered powerless by Maya Chaudhary for a certain time. He is said to have surrendered himself to the police and government agents after that incident and sent by them to the Academy.

2. Bipana Tripathi - A Khas girl who can fire laser blasts. She was on the run for a long time away from her family, friends and relatives, hiding from the government agents who would make her use her powers. The government agents finally located her in the Annapurna Forests and shipped her to the Academy. Years of isolation have made her a mostly silent character but she does what she is told to.

3. Barshat Palikhe - A Newa boy with the power of ice manipulation. He was aware of his powers even before he was eight when he created a ice castle on a sunny day out of nowhere. Like the others on this list, he was also sent by the government of Athara Magarat to Atnaia. However unlike most others, he has been actively working with the government and is one of the few superheroes trusted completely by the government.

4. Nora Blackport - An Atish girl who can render other individuals with superpowers powerless when they come within a certain radius of field near her. She is fiercely patriotic, readily accepted to be sent to the Academy and proud of her powers which have helped to bring down even the strongest of Athara Magarat: Batraz Dzhioyev. Scientists believe her genes/blood samples can be used to create vaccines for making supervillains and regenade superheroes alike powerless, which is also a reason many villains have been keen to remove her very existence.

5. Prabin Ghale - A Gurung boy with the power of gravity manipulation. The Number 2 from Athara Magarat in terms of his powers and only after Batraz Dzhioyev among Athara Magarati superheroes. He is easily recognizable due to his dyed red hair, pale white skin and glaring almond eyes. He started out as a superhero who could only levitate pen in his free time and after training in the Academy has become a force to be reckoned with. He has a strong rivalry with Batraz (and other stronger students of the Academy) which prompts him to "research" newer ways to use his powers. Many don't believe it (because he looks like your typical delinquent in every way) but he is very studious and is always with a book when free. He has become stronger through proper application of his powers from his research. For example, he can now bring down asteroids for large-scale attacks and create tiny black holes by concentrating dense gravity after researching about them.

6. Prasansa Ale - A Magar girl who can control insects. She is a starter for now and she hopes that her enrollment into the Academy can help her become stronger just like Prabin Ghale. Personality-wise she is very funny and studious and a A+ student and many consider her the female version of Prabin.

7. Samrat Rantija - A Pun boy who can regenerate. He also has higher physical abilities (strength, jump, speed, etc) than normal humans. He is training in the Academy to grow stringer. Unknown to him, he has cloning powers as well (as his cloning was like that of starfish i.e. a separated body part grows into a clone hence his regeneration powers) but due to the trauma from cloning and experimentation on his cloning powers at his early childhood, he has forgotten about them but not for long.

8. Seema Chhantyal - A Chhantyal girl who can mimic the powers of other superheroes and supervillains. Just like Nora's powers, she too has a certain field of radius and mimics the power of anyone who is near her. She is a normal individual among normal humans. Her powers though not permanent are no different than the original ones and is very useful specially if she is near powerful superheroes or supervillains.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:59 am

Im excited for this

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:26 pm

So what's the start date gonna look like.
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Taziristan wrote:So what's the start date gonna look like.

I already started the IC. I've mentioned it onn the RMB, but forgot here I guess? I know I edited the OP.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Atnaia wrote:

I already started the IC. I've mentioned it onn the RMB, but forgot here I guess? I know I edited the OP.

I'll introduce Ranger as he was waiting for a target in another building and saw first hand as yellowsash was shot and fell through the tower then he'll investigate it.
The Western Isles member.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Atnaia wrote:

Oh! Fucking awesome!
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:58 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:I already started the IC. I've mentioned it onn the RMB, but forgot here I guess? I know I edited the OP.

I'll introduce Ranger as he was waiting for a target in another building and saw first hand as yellowsash was shot and fell through the tower then he'll investigate it.

No, because I have yet to approve that character. I'm a little confused as to how you expect the character to fit into the style of story. I'm fine with villains, but I don't have a good read on your expectations.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:I'll introduce Ranger as he was waiting for a target in another building and saw first hand as yellowsash was shot and fell through the tower then he'll investigate it.

No, because I have yet to approve that character. I'm a little confused as to how you expect the character to fit into the style of story. I'm fine with villains, but I don't have a good read on your expectations.

He's a mercenary a gun for hire but he's not a monster he never kills children or women and if the job is too dirty he will out right refuse it, once his ''wife'' and ''son'' were killed he believed he had to avenge them and did that by killing the people who killed them. I take it that whoever is doing this is targeting the best and brightest TWI has to offer and he is great at being a mercenary, so he wants to find who is doing this and kill them before they kill him even if it means working with people he would rather avoid.
Officially I would qualify him as a villain.
Last edited by The Grand Force on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:No, because I have yet to approve that character. I'm a little confused as to how you expect the character to fit into the style of story. I'm fine with villains, but I don't have a good read on your expectations.

He's a mercenary a gun for hire but he's not a monster he never kills children or women and if the job is too dirty he will out right refuse it, once his ''wife'' and ''son'' were killed he believed he had to avenge them and did that by killing the people who killed them. You said whoever is doing this is targeting the best and brightest TWI has to offer and he is great at being a mercenary, so he wants to find who is doing this and kill them before they kill him even if it means working with people he would rather avoid.

I'll be up front: the concept of this whole story is a Crisis Crossover comic book story akin to Crisis on Infintie Earths or Secret Wars or something.

The bad guy is a cosmic entity, which I thought was implied in the opening quote and picture.

How do you see your guy fitting into that dynamic? Not saying no, just asking about your vision for the character within that concept.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:16 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:He's a mercenary a gun for hire but he's not a monster he never kills children or women and if the job is too dirty he will out right refuse it, once his ''wife'' and ''son'' were killed he believed he had to avenge them and did that by killing the people who killed them. You said whoever is doing this is targeting the best and brightest TWI has to offer and he is great at being a mercenary, so he wants to find who is doing this and kill them before they kill him even if it means working with people he would rather avoid.

I'll be up front: the concept of this whole story is a Crisis Crossover comic book story akin to Crisis on Infintie Earths or Secret Wars or something.

The bad guy is a cosmic entity, which I thought was implied in the opening quote and picture.

How do you see your guy fitting into that dynamic? Not saying no, just asking about your vision for the character within that concept.

He is an expert in technology and who knows maybe he has some mutations he doesn't know about, perhaps he could have been implanted with Yellowsash DNA(hint hint). Plus if the cosmic entity has any ground forces he's the one that would wage war with them.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:21 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:I'll be up front: the concept of this whole story is a Crisis Crossover comic book story akin to Crisis on Infintie Earths or Secret Wars or something.

He is an expert in technology and who knows maybe he has some mutations he doesn't know about, perhaps he could have been implanted with Yellowsash DNA(hint hint). Plus if the cosmic entity has any ground forces he's the one that would wage war with them.

Hmmm.

Write a post. Just remember that I am DMing, which means that this RP will be a little different. I will explain to you the situations your character faces, and you will write how he faces them, and I will then describe the ultimate results.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:He is an expert in technology and who knows maybe he has some mutations he doesn't know about, perhaps he could have been implanted with Yellowsash DNA(hint hint). Plus if the cosmic entity has any ground forces he's the one that would wage war with them.

Hmmm.

Write a post. Just remember that I am DMing, which means that this RP will be a little different. I will explain to you the situations your character faces, and you will write how he faces them, and I will then describe the ultimate results.

Thank you it will just be him waiting for a target watching Sash slam into the building and investigating. What type of wounds do you want him to have?

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:25 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Hmmm.

Thank you it will just be him waiting for a target watching Sash slam into the building and investigating. What type of wounds do you want him to have?

No. It happened in broad daylight in downtown Port Gray. I severely doubt your gritty mercenary anti-hero would be first on the scene.

It's more likely that you hear about it some other way. I think ti would make more sense if you were on a bounty for a superpowered being and you get there to find them already fried, and you go out to try and find the person who stole your kill or something.
Last edited by Atnaia on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Thank you it will just be him waiting for a target watching Sash slam into the building and investigating. What type of wounds do you want him to have?

No. It happened in broad daylight in downtown Port Gray. I severely doubt your gritty mercenary anti-hero would be first on the scene.

Got it, I'll wait until a better time.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:He's a mercenary a gun for hire but he's not a monster he never kills children or women and if the job is too dirty he will out right refuse it, once his ''wife'' and ''son'' were killed he believed he had to avenge them and did that by killing the people who killed them. You said whoever is doing this is targeting the best and brightest TWI has to offer and he is great at being a mercenary, so he wants to find who is doing this and kill them before they kill him even if it means working with people he would rather avoid.

I'm imagining that this cosmic enemy would be smart enough to use the local villains and what not to carry out its grunt work. The path I'm going to have shade follow is a bottom up path. Leads he had, but couldn't understand. He kept trying to route it back to a physical and existing villain, but couldn't imagine how this was being put together. Once our great Heman fell from the sky, I could imagine he was sent into a flurry of confusion, 0ressing his leads harder while looking for anyone who could possess such a power.

Some of the things that would have made him suspicious would be these:

-An unusual level of organization among mainly alien groups and organizations, especially those that communicate telepathically and operate mainly by themselves.

-increase of alien activity in general

-maybe kidnappings of humans, or mysterious deaths related to it? That's depending on the nature of said cosmic foe.

In his attempt to find who could have found the way to kill our local superhero, his path would first lead to the body, probably hacking into government servers to obtain any analysis they may have done to the body. Where he goes after that will be dependent on his findings.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:I'll be up front: the concept of this whole story is a Crisis Crossover comic book story akin to Crisis on Infintie Earths or Secret Wars or something.

I'm imagining that this cosmic enemy would be smart enough to use the local villains and what not to carry out its grunt work. The path I'm going to have shade follow is a bottom up path. Leads he had, but couldn't understand. He kept trying to route it back to a physical and existing villain, but couldn't imagine how this was being put together. Once our great Heman fell from the sky, I could imagine he was sent into a flurry of confusion, 0ressing his leads harder while looking for anyone who could possess such a power.

-An unusual level of organization among mainly alien groups and organizations, especially those that communicate telepathically and operate mainly by themselves.

-maybe kidnappings of humans, or mysterious deaths related to it? That's depending on the nature of said cosmic foe.

In his attempt to find who could have found the way to kill our local superhero, his path would first lead to the body, probably hacking into government servers to obtain any analysis they may have done to the body. Where he goes after that will be dependent on his findings.

Oh! Oh! Kind of a neater idea came up from that...

As you are investigating the deaths and sort of hitting walls, an entire alien fleet appears above Port Gray (the Commisar seem likely). Everyone is like "so this was all an invasion" and they are like "fuck no, we're refugees! Please take us in, all our most powerful entities are being killed by some sort of energy!" and everyone is like fuuuuuuuuck...

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:33 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:

Got it, I'll wait until a better time.

What about my alternate idea?

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Thank you it will just be him waiting for a target watching Sash slam into the building and investigating. What type of wounds do you want him to have?

It's more likely that you hear about it some other way. I think ti would make more sense if you were on a bounty for a superpowered being and you get there to find them already fried, and you go out to try and find the person who stole your kill or something.

I'll let a few more heroes die then Ranger getting scared for his own life will break into where ever you will be keeping the dead heroes and try to figure it out himself.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:I'm imagining that this cosmic enemy would be smart enough to use the local villains and what not to carry out its grunt work. The path I'm going to have shade follow is a bottom up path. Leads he had, but couldn't understand. He kept trying to route it back to a physical and existing villain, but couldn't imagine how this was being put together. Once our great Heman fell from the sky, I could imagine he was sent into a flurry of confusion, 0ressing his leads harder while looking for anyone who could possess such a power.

As you are investigating the deaths and sort of hitting walls, an entire alien fleet appears above Port Gray (the Commisar seem likely). Everyone is like "so this was all an invasion" and they are like "fuck no, we're refugees! Please take us in, all our most powerful entities are being killed by some sort of energy!" and everyone is like fuuuuuuuuck...

Like, the obvious path to go down is assuming that it is the work of Lady Ray. She's the despotic leader of an alien race of entities made out of light who control energy and stuff, and her race and the Commisar have been at war for years in space, so that would be a neat alien path to follow. Plus, a cool way to involve Starstruck, given where her pwoers come from.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:36 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:

I'll let a few more heroes die then Ranger getting scared for his own life will break into where ever you will be keeping the dead heroes and try to figure it out himself.

Breaking into Section 8? Badass. Also, a cool way to get into conflict with Erik Grinner.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:I'm imagining that this cosmic enemy would be smart enough to use the local villains and what not to carry out its grunt work. The path I'm going to have shade follow is a bottom up path. Leads he had, but couldn't understand. He kept trying to route it back to a physical and existing villain, but couldn't imagine how this was being put together. Once our great Heman fell from the sky, I could imagine he was sent into a flurry of confusion, 0ressing his leads harder while looking for anyone who could possess such a power.

That would be really interesting. Especially with access to a treasure trove of information like that. Learning the exact nature of the deaths would be priority number one so they could discern the make up of the weapon.

Man thst would make the shade feel small, though. He's ultimately an awesome spy. He gathers info and assassinated people. What can he do vs this kind of enemy? Interesting character development.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:

That would be really interesting. Especially with access to a treasure trove of information like that. Learning the exact nature of the deaths would be priority number one so they could discern the make up of the weapon.

Man thst would make the shade feel small, though. He's ultimately an awesome spy. He gathers info and assassinated people. What can he do vs this kind of enemy? Interesting character development.

The Shade isn't really a spy or assassin...he's more like a halfway point between Batman and the Punisher, a badass normal with a wide skillset and very little mercy for criminals. He's not a hitman, he's a vigilante.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:43 pm

You posted faster than I could respond lol. But yeah, that would be an automatic assumption. Hmmm my character would be the type to seek out his allies. I'll let this develop and see which way thr story gets pushed.

As for your last post regarding shades abilities, I was thinking his methods, not really what he is. His motivations are different from a spy, as he's driven by a sense of the greater good. But his methods of gathering information are similar to a Jason Bourne character, while his motivations are batman styled, and his solutions like the punisher.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Taziristan wrote:You posted faster than I could respond lol. But yeah, that would be an automatic assumption. Hmmm my character would be the type to seek out his allies. I'll let this develop and see which way thr story gets pushed.

As for your last post regarding shades abilities, I was thinking his methods, not really what he is. His motivations are different from a spy, as he's driven by a sense of the greater good. But his methods of gathering information are similar to a Jason Bourne character, while his motivations are batman styled, and his solutions like the punisher.

A good parallel would be Rorshach from Watchmen, to some extent.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:I'll let a few more heroes die then Ranger getting scared for his own life will break into where ever you will be keeping the dead heroes and try to figure it out himself.

Breaking into Section 8? Badass. Also, a cool way to get into conflict with Erik Grinner.

He could break in start working on Sash's body then be approached by Erik who realizing it's in Atnaia's best interest to stop super heroes from being killed basically hires Ranger to help him stop the entity.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates