NATION

PASSWORD

The Wellspring Event (TWI ONLY | OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:48 am

Taziristan wrote:
Agadar wrote:
Yeah, who else would've?

There's a list you could have chosen from. I like it.

Thanks. Wanted to go for something original, and I don't recall ever seeing a knightly, fey-themed villian anywhere yet.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:51 am

So looks like three characters Shade, Ranger, and now Fey Knight. And maybe Croctopus.
The Western Isles member.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Agadar wrote:
Taziristan wrote:There's a list you could have chosen from. I like it.

Thanks. Wanted to go for something original, and I don't recall ever seeing a knightly, fey-themed villian anywhere yet.

I hope atnaia approves. My guy is basically a detective that's good with martial arts. But a sentimental moralist too.
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Agadar wrote:

I hope atnaia approves. My guy is basically a detective that's good with martial arts. But a sentimental moralist too.

A detective? Sounds like your character couldn't have a clearer motive to investigate Yellowsash's death.

Considering his death could possibly be magical in nature, I can see how that suspicion could lead your guy to mine...

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Agadar wrote:
Taziristan wrote:I hope atnaia approves. My guy is basically a detective that's good with martial arts. But a sentimental moralist too.

A detective? Sounds like your character couldn't have a clearer motive to investigate Yellowsash's death.

Considering his death could possibly be magical in nature, I can see how that suspicion could lead your guy to mine...

Considering its from space and yours are generally hellish, I don't think so. But maybe.
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Agadar wrote:
Taziristan wrote:I hope atnaia approves. My guy is basically a detective that's good with martial arts. But a sentimental moralist too.

My guy is a mercenary who after multiple heroes and villains alike are killed, gets worried for his own safety then it evolves.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Considering its from space and yours are generally hellish, I don't think so. But maybe.

We already know it's from space? Damn, that kinda takes away the mystery.

Anyhow, I wouldn't consider fey to be hellish or demonic in nature. I'm thinking more along the lines of how it's portrayed in Berserk. Naturistic and chaotic, and morally gray.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Agadar wrote:
Taziristan wrote:

Anyhow, I wouldn't consider fey to be hellish or demonic in nature. I'm thinking more along the lines of how it's portrayed in Berserk. Naturistic and chaotic, and morally gray.

So while Ranger is neutral evil, Shade is neutral good, and knight is either lawful neutral or true neutral.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

The Grand Force wrote:
Agadar wrote:

So while Ranger is neutral evil, Shade is neutral good, and knight is either lawful neutral or true neutral.

If we're using those simplistic alignments, then I'd consider Fey-Knight to be neutral evil. He is after all a villain actively seeking the death of his archnemesis, the hero Archmagus.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Agadar wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:So while Ranger is neutral evil, Shade is neutral good, and knight is either lawful neutral or true neutral.

If we're using those simplistic alignments, then I'd consider Fey-Knight to be neutral evil. He is after all a villain actively seeking the death of his archnemesis, the hero Archmagus.

Can we make his archenemy one of the preexisting heroes instead, like Dr. Wyrd or something?
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:05 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Cosmic doesn't mean from space in a comic book. It signifies a certain power level. Like Galactus.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Can we make his archenemy one of the preexisting heroes instead, like Dr. Wyrd or something?

Can't find much on him in your dispatch, but if he's also a magic-themed superhero, then yeah I guess.

Note that my original intention is for Fey-Knight's nemesis to be struck down during a fight with the former, like Yellowsash, placing Fey-Knight into a brief existential crisis until he decides to repurpose himself to discover what's causing the mysterious deaths, or to stop whatever turns out to be behind them. Is that still possible even if it's this Wyrd fellow?

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Agadar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Can we make his archenemy one of the preexisting heroes instead, like Dr. Wyrd or something?

Can't find much on him in your dispatch, but if he's also a magic-themed superhero, then yeah I guess.

Note that my original intention is for Fey-Knight's nemesis to be struck down during a fight with the former, like Yellowsash, placing Fey-Knight into a brief existential crisis until he decides to repurpose himself to discover what's causing the mysterious deaths, or to stop whatever turns out to be behind them. Is that still possible even if it's this Wyrd fellow?

Wyrd isn't male. Way to assume gender kiddo. :P

"Dr. Wyrd II (Jasmine Wyrdman): The daughter of the original Dr. Weird, she inherited her father’s talent for magic but none of his responsibility. She used her powers to place herself in a life of luxury. When one of her father’s old enemies, Shaitan the Terrible, destroyed her home and life by framing her for murder, she fell into a rage and tracked down the villain and killed him. The IFA caught her and she was cleared of the original charges. However, the murder of Shaitan was still on her conscience. While he was a creature from another plane and she could not be persecuted for his death, she still felt responsible. Pulling Shaitan’s soul from the other side, she bound him to her, where he will mock her until she has performed 10000 acts of penance."
Last edited by Atnaia on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Wyrd isn't male. Way to assume gender kiddo. :P

"Dr. Wyrd II (Jasmine Wyrdman): The daughter of the original Dr. Weird, she inherited her father’s talent for magic but none of his responsibility. She used her powers to place herself in a life of luxury. When one of her father’s old enemies, Shaitan the Terrible, destroyed her home and life by framing her for murder, she fell into a rage and tracked down the villain and killed him. The IFA caught her and she was cleared of the original charges. However, the murder of Shaitan was still on her conscience. While he was a creature from another plane and she could not be persecuted for his death, she still felt responsible. Pulling Shaitan’s soul from the other side, she bound him to her, where he will mock her until she has performed 10000 acts of penance."

That's not the kind of archnemesis I'd envisioned for Fey-Knight. I was thinking something along the lines of Doctor Strange or Doctor Fate: a noble magic-user with great spirit, not an emotional murderous wreck.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Agadar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Wyrd isn't male. Way to assume gender kiddo. :P

That's not the kind of archnemesis I'd envisioned for Fey-Knight. I was thinking something along the lines of Doctor Strange or Doctor Fate: a noble magic-user with great spirit, not an emotional murderous wreck.

She fulfills the Dr. strange role in this world. She isn't an emotional wreck anymore: she accepted responsibility for her actions and is trying to make up for her sins.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Agadar wrote:

She fulfills the Dr. strange role in this world. She isn't an emotional wreck anymore: she accepted responsibility for her actions and is trying to make up for her sins.

I suppose she'll do fine then, if we can still have her mysteriously stricken down, otherwise my guy won't have much reason to associate himself with the heroes.

Unless, of course, the villains of our tale can work together with whatever's doing the striking.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Agadar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:She fulfills the Dr. strange role in this world. She isn't an emotional wreck anymore: she accepted responsibility for her actions and is trying to make up for her sins.

I suppose she'll do fine then, if we can still have her mysteriously stricken down, otherwise my guy won't have much reason to associate himself with the heroes.

Unless, of course, the villains of our tale can work together with whatever's doing the striking.

The force is not just killing heroes...it's killing anyone that could be considered powerful, villains included.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Agadar wrote:

The force is not just killing heroes...it's killing anyone that could be considered powerful, villains included.

Just humans, or are demons/fey/angels/spirits/whatever-we-got-floating-around as well?

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Thus why ranger would be targeted.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Agadar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:The force is not just killing heroes...it's killing anyone that could be considered powerful, villains included.

Just humans, or are demons/fey/angels/spirits/whatever-we-got-floating-around as well?

Things with power. Also, this is what Dr. Wyrd sort of looks like: http://orig13.deviantart.net/5160/f/201 ... 4z7vi6.jpg

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Atnaia wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Things with power. Also, this is what Dr. Wyrd sort of looks like: http://orig13.deviantart.net/5160/f/201 ... 4z7vi6.jpg

Cool. I'll write an introductory post soon, then. You trust me with controlling some side characters every now and then?

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Agadar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Things with power. Also, this is what Dr. Wyrd sort of looks like: http://orig13.deviantart.net/5160/f/201 ... 4z7vi6.jpg

Cool. I'll write an introductory post soon, then. You trust me with controlling some side characters every now and then?

Not other supers, mooks is fine.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:09 am

So Im thinking croctopus has a rooted hate for mirrors as he hates the monster he has become both literally and ethically. He always was rational but after braking hid own ethical code searching for a cure he has slowly started to hate the man that resides under his scaly skin and wretched face. His usually focused ideology and systematic way of disaster planning is often disturbed by his own perception of himself; throwing him into a blind hysterical rage.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:27 am

Agadar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Things with power. Also, this is what Dr. Wyrd sort of looks like: http://orig13.deviantart.net/5160/f/201 ... 4z7vi6.jpg

Your post... It started off so good then turned really dark.
By the way how do you think Knight would react to Ranger, what would he think of him?

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:04 am

The Grand Force wrote:
Agadar wrote:

Your post... It started off so good then turned really dark.
By the way how do you think Knight would react to Ranger, what would he think of him?

That would depend entirely on what situation they run into eachother. I doubt they've ever met eachother before, considering their vastly different lines of work.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates