NATION

PASSWORD

Archmont Regional Congress (IC Legislative Body)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Archmont Regional Congress
Civilian

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Archmont Regional Congress (IC Legislative Body)

Postby Archmont Regional Congress » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:45 am

The Archmont Regional Congress (ARC)

Welcome to the Archmont Regional Congress, commonly referred to as ARC.

The Archmont Regional Congress is a forum for members of the region of Archmont to moderate disputes in a peaceful manner, to produce resolutions which regulate the actions of the nations of Archmont and to determine new ways of keeping the region at peace.

All nations of Archmont are automatically member states and are permitted to send an envoy to ARC.

Current Chair of ARC: Gregor Leoni

CURRENTLY AT VOTE: None

None

None
Last edited by Archmont Regional Congress on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:52 am

Cecil Chambers, the Luxdonian envoy to the Archmont Regional Congress, arrives at the Congress Chambers, located in the Luxdonian capital city of Sanford.

He walks into the Chamber of the Congress and finds it to be completely deserted.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Gregor Leoni
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregor Leoni » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 am

As Crispus finally set foot in Luxdonia, he gave a sigh of relief and looked around in wonder at the foreign nation. He had always been in awe of the diversity in accomplishment and culture of nations that were so near, yet so far from one another. As he was taken to the Congress Chambers, he opened the paper once more, as if to reassure himself that this was all legitimate.

ROYAL DECREE
Given from the Palace of the Angels, Kingdom of Gregor Leoni

His Most Holy Majesty Evaristus, by the Grace and Will of God, Sovereign and Protector of the Kingdom of Gregor Leoni and Defender of the Faith

Be it decreed this, the Twenty-Ninth Day of the Month of September in the Year of Our Lord 2016, the Fourth of Our Reign, Crispus Aelianus, of the House Ferraro, is raised to the status of Royal Ambassador, with all titles, rights, and obligations theretofore pertaining. His Noble Excellency is hereby called to represent Our Most Holy Realm in the Regional Congress for the Region of Archmont.

To all who may have occasion to read this decree, let the Noble Excellency Crispus arrive in the Kingdom of Luxdonia in peace and without harm or trouble, that he may attend to his duties forthwith and in an efficient manner. Let him be granted access to the Congress Chambers as the true and only representative of the Kingdom of Gregor Leoni, absent Our Most Holy Majesty, and be granted all rights and obligations therein without further delay.

Evaristus, R.

Crispus strode into the Chamber finding only one other person. Not recognizing the man, he merely took his seat and awaited the arrival of the others.

Las Islas Whitianas
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Islas Whitianas » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Josué Silvaquez, the RLIW delegate to the ARC, has arrived.

"I'm here" he says, disdain all over his face. He really despises everyone.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:57 pm

Cecil Chambers stands.

"Honourable envoys and delegates, it first falls upon us to elect a Chair of the Archmont Regional Congress. The Chair of ARC will be the presiding officer of this legislative body and will be responsible for the administration of ARC."

Chambers cleared his throat. "As a result, I wish to stand for this esteemed position."
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Gregor Leoni
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregor Leoni » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:53 am

Crispus stood, a bit surprised that the Congress would begin with a mere three delegates. But, alas, the question was put: who shall serve as chair of this assembly? Crispus saw a chance to gain favor with the Sovereign and earn the Realm some influence within the Region - something that would be benefit for a new kingdom borne from the ashes of war.

"Your Excellency," Crispus replied to Cecil, "with all due respect to you personally, does not your esteemed nation already hold the Chancellorship of this Region? Should we not then let another oversee the legislative process of this Region? I find it only fair and just to spread the power. Therefore, I stand and humbly submit myself for this position."

Otrovija
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Otrovija » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:00 am

Ralvinis Gritainas has arrived, marking that Otrovija is in the ARC.

Prodizi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prodizi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:02 am

Envoy Ralvijās Miržėjos Dirbąņaudai, representing prodizi, has entered the ARC. Prodizi will be represented by him.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:04 am

Chambers looks at Crispus. "Very well envoy. Any other delegates wish to stand for the position of Chair of ARC?"
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Gaurdion
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Unextected Letter

Postby Gaurdion » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:50 am

Dear Sir/Madam

I am Damian Marcus i am currently the international relations manager and minister in the royal government of Gaurdion. I have decided with the full backing of HRH Andrew Hewitt King of Gaurdion to stand for the Chair of ARC. I currently stand as chair of a number of bodies with in the great Gaurdion. I have the Experience and passion to do this.

I will be boarding a plane to Sanford.

"Lets make Archmount great together"

Regards

Damian Marcus

- Damian reeds the letter one last time before sealing it in the envelope and sealing it with his wax seal - The letter is given to the Post Officer who will deliver the letter by hand.

Aeleria
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeleria » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:53 am

Freshly constructed building. The distinctive smell of new concrete, wood paneling and paint is a unique smell, one that was instantly recognizable by the newly appointed Aelerian ambassador Samoija Festingen. It was a smell that was common in the rapidly expanding cities of Aeleria, particularly in the capital city of Resmigja, whose borders expanded almost weekly into the surrounding desert, reclaiming what was once an uninhabitable wasteland.

Samoija finished taking in the sight of the large room and found her seat among the many spots in the empty room, marked with a placard with her name, her country's name, and a tiny Aelerian flag. She smiled, looking at the yellow, green and black. Aeleria was starting to become a real nation again, with real impact in the area. Though the burden on her shoulders was great, she was confident that she could represent the interests of Aeleria and make her country proud.
Politically slightly-left-of-center.
Aeleria forever! Unita durt Survija! Unity through Survival!

Humanation
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

New chairman

Postby Humanation » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:17 pm

The ambassador from Humanation walks into the Congress.
He says, "It is I, new chairman of ARC."
ARC gasps.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Humanation wrote:The ambassador from Humanation walks into the Congress.
ARC gasps.

Chambers is astonished. "But we haven't even held a vote yet!"

OOC: :p
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Grummund
Civilian

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grummund » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:39 pm

A man in a heavy but ornate coat strides through the chamber doors, boots echoing throughout the chamber.

"I am Gregor Anderson, Earl of Greenwater, envoy for the Kingdom of Grummund."

"Upon request of my uncle, King Salazar III, I have come to present myself as our contender for head of this council."

He looks swiftly around at each of the delegates gathered so far before taking one of the seats.

Humanation
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Humanation » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:01 am

Luxdonia wrote:
Humanation wrote:The ambassador from Humanation walks into the Congress.
ARC gasps.

Chambers is astonished. "But we haven't even held a vote yet!"

OOC: :p

"Although we have not had a vote yet, I am confident that I will receive the unanimous majority." he says.
The Congress is frozen.

Gaurdion
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaurdion » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:32 am

In walks a commanding figure - Standing 6ft 4 tall will short brown hair and Suit that's so sharp i could cut paper. He stands on the floor in the middle and declares his arrival.

I am Damian Marcus i will be standing for Chair of the ARC.

Alays
Secretary

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alays » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:13 am

Elias Jaems, ambassador to ARC from the Kingdom of Alays, enters. A former warrior of the Kingdom, Elias is always vigilant of his surroundings. He looks about, a soft look in his eyes and a smile adorning his face.

Icewraith Industries
Attaché

Founded: Sep 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Icewraith Industries Delegate

Postby Icewraith Industries » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:44 am

Vadim Delegate has arrived in the Congress Chambers

"I, Vadim Delegate am here to represent Icewraith Industries in the Archmont Regional Congress."

*He looks around and admires the variety of cultures from the other delegates; due to being quite late he has to talk around before finding out about the Chair position*

"Due to the lack of Influence and territory in the land of Archmont, Icewraith Industries will not be applying for the Chair of the ARC, perhaps in the future when we have both those things we'll apply in the next election." (assuming there will be a future election for the ARC chair)
Last edited by Icewraith Industries on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icewraith Industries
The Industry/Country of Lord Icewraith, overseen by Saskia
Saskia and her Technocracy are dedicated to the Security and advancement of her country and people

Praise Saskia Aufseher

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:34 pm

Chambers looks at the arriving delegates. "Welcome ladies and gentleman".

OOC: I'll open the regional poll for the election of the Chair of the ARC when the current one concludes.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Dom Atona
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dom Atona » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:06 pm

"Good day, I have arrived to represent the interests of Dom Atona." Lus Olly, Dom Atona's envoy to the ARC had arrived in the Congress' Chambers. He pulled out a piece of paper and spoke, " Most chill and relax day to you my fellow delegates. On behalf of the colony of Dom Atona I would like present each delegate with a wooden moose statue as a symbol of good times and unity among our region."
Last edited by Dom Atona on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:08 am

Dom Atona wrote:"Good day, I have arrived to represent the interests of Dom Atona." Lus Olly, Dom Atona's envoy to the ARC had arrived in the Congress' Chambers. He pulled out a piece of paper and spoke, " Most chill and relax day to you my fellow delegates. On behalf of the colony of Dom Atona I would like present each delegate with a wooden moose statue as a symbol of good times and unity among our region."

A bemused Cecil Chambers reached an outstetched hand to Lus Olly.

"Oh my," the startled Chambers said, "thank you very much for the moose statue. It is an excellent gift. And welcome to the Archmont Regional Congress! It can be quite intimidating at first but you'll get used it."
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:19 am

OOC Notice:

Please make sure to vote in the Archmont Regional Congress Chair election: https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=70046

~Luxdonia~
Grand Chancellor, Co-Founder of Archmont
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Prodizi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prodizi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:47 am

Dom Atona wrote:"Good day, I have arrived to represent the interests of Dom Atona." Lus Olly, Dom Atona's envoy to the ARC had arrived in the Congress' Chambers. He pulled out a piece of paper and spoke, " Most chill and relax day to you my fellow delegates. On behalf of the colony of Dom Atona I would like present each delegate with a wooden moose statue as a symbol of good times and unity among our region."

"Magnificent! We should make a statue about this in Prodizi!" Envoy Ralvijas said.

Envoy Ralvijas has thought that this ornately made wooden moose statue was a symbol of friendship between Prodizi and Dom Atona.

Alays
Secretary

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alays » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:48 am

Elias smiled, "I will contact the King of Alays immediately, and see where he would like the moose statue erected. We thank you for your generosity."

Elias made a note in his cellular phone to check the statue to ensure it wasn't a trap.

Pangur Ban
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pangur Ban » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:27 pm

"Ah yes, this must be the place. Palora Amalin, ambassador from Pangur Ban, a pleasure to meet you. You know, a few more signs and flags would make this place easier to find"

Quickly choosing one of the many empty seats in a middle position (not to far forward or back) with easy access to the walkways he continues

"As many of you are already aware, our great nation has a few questions concerning this congress and it's "hotly" contested...erm... chair. Well, without further pom pom, here they are:"
*clears throat*
1) What is the job of the ARC chair?
2) What can the ARC chair enforce and how much power does it have to enforce that?
3) Why does every candidate think they would be the better choice for the job, preferably without comparing them selves to the others. Intelligence reports about ones neighbors can only shed so much light, and are hardly reliable, especially when though decisions must be made for the good of all.
He then flops in his chair.
Last edited by Pangur Ban on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates