NATION

PASSWORD

Council of Islamic Cooperation (CIC) (Revived) (Open to all)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Bump?

Labaniland
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labaniland » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:12 am

I've been away for some time and I wanted to know if there are important events happening in the CIC. I am very interested in the CIC and I want to do as much as I can for the benefit of all the members. If there's anything I can do, I'd like to be informed.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:28 am

Labaniland wrote:I've been away for some time and I wanted to know if there are important events happening in the CIC. I am very interested in the CIC and I want to do as much as I can for the benefit of all the members. If there's anything I can do, I'd like to be informed.

Sure :)

Hi guys! I just make a parliament thread for the CIC, so if do you want to make a resolution/proposal, you can just read the rules and post the resolution there!
Anyway, I suggests, how if we make this organization as our representative in the international conflict? That way, we can unite our interests, promote our goals as well as to deepen the ties and cooperation between each of the member nations in the international affairs. Every member nations can act as itself of course, if they want to.
How do you think?

I also ask every member nations to post the info of their own representative in the Parliament there so I can add it in the representative members info in that thread.

Here is the format:
Code: Select all
[align=center][b]REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PARLIAMENT APP[/b][/align]
[b]Ambassador Name:[/b]
[b]Country of Origin:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Brief info:[/b]
[b]Picture:[/b]
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:52 am

REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PARLIAMENT APP

Ambassador Name: Datuk Fakhruddin Hidayat, Prime MInister of Samudera Darussalam
Country of Origin: Samudera Darussalam
Brief info:
PM Datuk Fakhruddin Hidayat is the second prime minister to be elected in the general election during the reign of Yang Dipertuan Agung King Saifuddin Omar II. He currently live in the capital, together with his wife and two children.
A 38 years old man, he was originally born to a local Malay noble family in Mempawah, the Sultanate of Pontianak (one of the states of Samudera Darussalam). He has one older sister as well as one older brother. He entered the politics and assumed the leadership of the United Front Party which later won the general election in 2014. After he was elected as the prime minister of the country, the king choose him as the Samudera Darussalamian representative to a number of international organizations, including CIC.
Picture:
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:07 am

Ambassador Name: Schmuel Targov
Country of Origin: West Murovanka
Brief info: Military veteran, fought in the Saxon War, war with Gauliscia, rising to rank of colonel from where he transferred to the diplomatic corps. Looks to represent West Wanka and its mission to spread its version of Islam (Shahidism) and securing its interests and those of Shahid-Muslims abroad.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 am

Murovanka wrote:

Ambassador Name: Schmuel Targov
Country of Origin: West Murovanka
Brief info: Military veteran, fought in the Saxon War, war with Gauliscia, rising to rank of colonel from where he transferred to the diplomatic corps. Looks to represent West Wanka and its mission to spread its version of Islam (Shahidism) and securing its interests and those of Shahid-Muslims abroad.

You forget the photo part actually. But since most of the important info is filled, your app will be accepted.
Thanks!

Sunda Islands
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunda Islands » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:16 am

Ambassador Name: Prof. Fatimah Lewambate
Country of Origin: Sunda Islands
Brief info: Fatimah Lewambate is a rector of the State University of Kupang, as well as a teaching professor in the Islamic Department. Famous nationwide for her hard work to increase the living standards of Sunda Islandian women, particularly Muslims in the islands of Timor and Sumba, she has been a civil rights activist ever since she enrolled in the university. She also become the spoke person as well as the leader of the Women Muslim communities in Timor and Sumba, a position she assumed since June 2012.
Picture:

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:00 am

Sunda Islands wrote:

Ambassador Name: Prof. Fatimah Lewambate
Country of Origin: Sunda Islands
Brief info: Fatimah Lewambate is a rector of the State University of Kupang, as well as a teaching professor in the Islamic Department. Famous nationwide for her hard work to increase the living standards of Sunda Islandian women, particularly Muslims in the islands of Timor and Sumba, she has been a civil rights activist ever since she enrolled in the university. She also become the spoke person as well as the leader of the Women Muslim communities in Timor and Sumba, a position she assumed since June 2012.
Picture:

Accepted :)
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kihdis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kihdis » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Ambassador Name: Abxwal Ciwên
Country of Origin: Kihdis
Brief info: Ciwên was a professor of Islamic Studies at the University of Abral for twenty-three years before joining the world of politics. He became renowned throughout Kihdis for his passionate speeches and charity work with the impoverished Muslim communities inside the confederation. After popular calls from the Muslim minority to the Federal Assembly were heard, he was appointed to be the ambassador to the newly-joined CIC. He was appointed to the Council by the Assembly at the age of 67.
Picture:
I'm a bad leftist.
Current Leader: President Yaqûb Goran

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Kihdis wrote:

Ambassador Name: Abxwal Ciwên
Country of Origin: Kihdis
Brief info: Ciwên was a professor of Islamic Studies at the University of Abral for twenty-three years before joining the world of politics. He became renowned throughout Kihdis for his passionate speeches and charity work with the impoverished Muslim communities inside the confederation. After popular calls from the Muslim minority to the Federal Assembly were heard, he was appointed to be the ambassador to the newly-joined CIC. He was appointed to the Council by the Assembly at the age of 67.
Picture:

Accepted.
Good biography by the way :)

Pherdistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pherdistan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Ambassador Name: Ahmed Greatwings
Country of Origin: Ferdistan
Brief info: A mufti and qadi, Greatwings was a major proponent of the liberal Hanbali mahdhab of Islamic legal practice, and helped ensure that provisions reflecting Hanbali teachings and jurisprudence were introduced into the Constitution as a member of the Constituent Assembly in 2001 and 2002. In 2005, he was appointed to an appeals court position in the secular branch of the judiciary, and presided over various cases until 2009, when he resigned to teach law at Ferdisville University. After failing to get tenure in 2015, he became unemployed, but has fortunately managed to convince the government that he is the right griffon for the job of Representative of Ferdistan to the CIC Parliament.
Picture: Description: A fairly stout griffon, four-legged with a deep, chocolate brown plummage. He has a golden lion's tale, and wings the color of his plummage as well. His head is made of white feathers, with a bright yellow beak. He has light green eyes.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

We're allowed to post about our representatives discussing things in Parliament, right?
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Pherdistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pherdistan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:04 am

Murovanka wrote:We're allowed to post about our representatives discussing things in Parliament, right?

I think that's the point of the Parliament thread. A speech and maybe a resolution would be in order.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:16 am

Pherdistan wrote:

Ambassador Name: Ahmed Greatwings
Country of Origin: Ferdistan
Brief info: A mufti and qadi, Greatwings was a major proponent of the liberal Hanbali mahdhab of Islamic legal practice, and helped ensure that provisions reflecting Hanbali teachings and jurisprudence were introduced into the Constitution as a member of the Constituent Assembly in 2001 and 2002. In 2005, he was appointed to an appeals court position in the secular branch of the judiciary, and presided over various cases until 2009, when he resigned to teach law at Ferdisville University. After failing to get tenure in 2015, he became unemployed, but has fortunately managed to convince the government that he is the right griffon for the job of Representative of Ferdistan to the CIC Parliament.
Picture: Description: A fairly stout griffon, four-legged with a deep, chocolate brown plummage. He has a golden lion's tale, and wings the color of his plummage as well. His head is made of white feathers, with a bright yellow beak. He has light green eyes.

Uh, Pherdistan, I'm not sure if you are already a member of the CIC, because I can't find your app on any pages. Will you kindly help me search it? Please notify me about the result. After this reason is clear, your app is going to be accepted :)

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:20 am

About Murovanka's question, the answer is yes, but uh, I'm not really sure how to start it. Since my country hosts the current building, should my PM, who also acts as the Samudera Darussalamian Ambassador to the CIC starts the meeting or?
Sorry for the late reply. I'm really busy currently :(

And for the rest, I'm really sorry if I'm not going to post, be active in, or update both of the threads, because in the current 2 weeks I'm going to have a school final test. And I have no idea if the Co-op is going to on or not at the time, so I hope, you can choose one of the members to become co-ops at the time being. Again, sorry for the incovenience.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:31 am

Thanks for the opening post. West Wanka will chiefly be looking for allies, if anyone is interested- we have a considerably large economy, though our military is not exactly the most high-tech. We are threatened from all directions, so any assistance would be welcome. The situation I've described is open to a possible RP in future, though I'm a little busy for that.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Rikana
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rikana » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:15 am

Ambassador Name: Kenni A. Suleiman
Country of Origin: Rikana
Brief info: The former Deputy Minister for Social & Religious Affairs, Suleiman was born from a devout nondenominational Muslim family in South Kartana autonomous province, Rikana. He was offered several high-ranking positions in the government over the past few years, but declined all of them because he disliked internal politics of the State. Instead, he opted to become the Rikanan ambassador for the CIC.
Picture:
✪ THIS NATION IS BEING RETCONNED ✪
EVERYTHING POSTED BEFORE (07/06/2019) SHOULD BE CONSIDERED NULL AND VOID

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:53 am

Rikana wrote:

Ambassador Name: Kenni A. Suleiman
Country of Origin: Rikana
Brief info: The former Deputy Minister for Social & Religious Affairs, Suleiman was born from a devout nondenominational Muslim family in South Kartana autonomous province, Rikana. He was offered several high-ranking positions in the government over the past few years, but declined all of them because he disliked internal politics of the State. Instead, he opted to become the Rikanan ambassador for the CIC.
Picture:

Accepted :)

Al-Dirahk
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Dirahk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Sultanate of Al-Dirahk

Head of State: His Grace, Faiz Kharadeen, Caliph of Al-Dirahk, Emir of al-Khaleed, Defender and Follower of al-Iiman Rashidun, The First Caliph, Imperial Sultan of Aethermore, Barrowhaven, Farfolkia, Tyravik, Springs Grove, Mt. Sofia, Hibat Allah, Grand Amir of the Eternal Mubarizun. Protector of Khalestine and Sword of Allah

Money pledged to the CIC annually: 1,000 minas (Equivalent to $50 US)
Type of Membership desired: Full Member, Cultural Sector
Location of branch office (Capital city is preferable): Capital city of Al-Khaleed
Other request(s): To spread GOD"S word
Do you permit the International Islamic Universities to operate in your country? Yes
Why does your nation want to join the CIC?: To spread the faith

Pherdistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pherdistan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Pherdistan wrote:
To the Council for Islamic Cooperation,

Greetings! I write to you now as President of the Federation and King of the Griffons.

Our country, overwhelming Muslim, is facing many dangers in the world now. Anti-ponyists, Christian and Jewish radicals, secular fanatics; all of them and more threaten our very existent. Our nation is not very large, with less than 23 million inhabitants, and even then we are divided and broken up, as the Federation Council and our very name suggests. We stand united only by the tenuous thread of our faith, and even then, that is failing to protect us from invasion from without and rebellion from within.

Hoping that our nation can be united with the help of international solidarity and aid, I do sincerely pray that you will accept our application for membership, and allow our country to more greatly expand its breadth and reach in this world, and finally unite with the multiversal ummah to which we belong.

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Ponies’ Federation of Ferdistan
Head of State: Federation Council (Consists of 7 members; full list will be provided on request)
Money pledged to the CIC annually: $7 200 000
Type of Membership desired: Full
Location of branch office: Ferdisville
Other requests: We would like to know the applicability, unsurprisingly, of having ponies as our main citizens. In addition, what is the attitude of the CIC in regards to traditional Islamic taxes, such as the kharaj and the jizya, which our nation continues to levy?
Do you permit the International Islamic Universities to operate in your country? No. The Federation has an exclusive monopoly on education within its borders, and as such would not permit educational institutions that are privately or internationally funded to operate within our borders. We would, however, be willing to recommend staff and provide funds to such universities operated in other countries.
Why does your nation want to join the CIC?: As a nation that is 91% Muslim, we wish to join with the ummah, and in that matter ensure that our regime is not ostracized and destroyed by the numerous regional powers, far larger than us, that would wish upon our country harm.

May Allah guide your path,

Ahmed XXXII Whitefeathers

President of the Ferdistani Federation, King of the Griffons

Reposting my app as proof of being a member.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Pherdistan wrote:
Pherdistan wrote:
To the Council for Islamic Cooperation,

Greetings! I write to you now as President of the Federation and King of the Griffons.

Our country, overwhelming Muslim, is facing many dangers in the world now. Anti-ponyists, Christian and Jewish radicals, secular fanatics; all of them and more threaten our very existent. Our nation is not very large, with less than 23 million inhabitants, and even then we are divided and broken up, as the Federation Council and our very name suggests. We stand united only by the tenuous thread of our faith, and even then, that is failing to protect us from invasion from without and rebellion from within.

Hoping that our nation can be united with the help of international solidarity and aid, I do sincerely pray that you will accept our application for membership, and allow our country to more greatly expand its breadth and reach in this world, and finally unite with the multiversal ummah to which we belong.

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Ponies’ Federation of Ferdistan
Head of State: Federation Council (Consists of 7 members; full list will be provided on request)
Money pledged to the CIC annually: $7 200 000
Type of Membership desired: Full
Location of branch office: Ferdisville
Other requests: We would like to know the applicability, unsurprisingly, of having ponies as our main citizens. In addition, what is the attitude of the CIC in regards to traditional Islamic taxes, such as the kharaj and the jizya, which our nation continues to levy?
Do you permit the International Islamic Universities to operate in your country? No. The Federation has an exclusive monopoly on education within its borders, and as such would not permit educational institutions that are privately or internationally funded to operate within our borders. We would, however, be willing to recommend staff and provide funds to such universities operated in other countries.
Why does your nation want to join the CIC?: As a nation that is 91% Muslim, we wish to join with the ummah, and in that matter ensure that our regime is not ostracized and destroyed by the numerous regional powers, far larger than us, that would wish upon our country harm.

May Allah guide your path,

Ahmed XXXII Whitefeathers

President of the Ferdistani Federation, King of the Griffons

Reposting my app as proof of being a member.

Sorry, my bad. Maybe I have to get my glasses fixed :p
Your app is accepted. I'm really sorry Pherdistan :)

Al-Dirahk wrote:
Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Sultanate of Al-Dirahk

Head of State: His Grace, Faiz Kharadeen, Caliph of Al-Dirahk, Emir of al-Khaleed, Defender and Follower of al-Iiman Rashidun, The First Caliph, Imperial Sultan of Aethermore, Barrowhaven, Farfolkia, Tyravik, Springs Grove, Mt. Sofia, Hibat Allah, Grand Amir of the Eternal Mubarizun. Protector of Khalestine and Sword of Allah

Money pledged to the CIC annually: 1,000 minas (Equivalent to $50 US)
Type of Membership desired: Full Member, Cultural Sector
Location of branch office (Capital city is preferable): Capital city of Al-Khaleed
Other request(s): To spread GOD"S word
Do you permit the International Islamic Universities to operate in your country? Yes
Why does your nation want to join the CIC?: To spread the faith

(Image)

Ummh....I guess you are accepted.

Pherdistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pherdistan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:12 pm

May I object? I feel that Dirakh doesn't support more... modern interpretations of the faith, he's a liability to our image as a moderate, nonviolent organization.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Pherdistan wrote:May I object? I feel that Dirahk doesn't support more... modern interpretations of the faith, he's a liability to our image as a moderate, nonviolent organization.

You may.
Please address your concern in the parliament.

Edited: After I read the new post made by Al Dirahk in the Parliamentary thread, which is.....a little bit off the topic (I consider it as spam), I will suspend his membership until further notice, except if he wants to edit his post. That way he is not allowed to post again, and the other members who happen to post after him, please ignore that.
No offense though Al Dirahk.
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:09 am

Hmm, I've tried using the resolution format, but it doesn't seem to work. Are we going to have a constitution or is this a less formal, majority rules kinda summit?
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Ambassador Name: Dr. Amreen Javadi
Country of Origin: Islamic Republic of Balagan
Brief info: Dr. Javadi has an MD–PhD in virology and worked as as a director for the Balagani ministry of health. During her time as a student she was involved in militant human rights activism. She is an outspoken adversary of neo-colonial projects and imperialism and can at times be very aggressive. Her rhetoric skills and her expertise in medicine gained her the victory in the election of the ambassador to the CIC. She was chosen by the people of Balagan from 13 candidates who ran for this position. To be able to conduct her work at the CIC unhindered and as effective as possible she has moved to Bandar Raja. Her main ambitions are to promote human and civil rights, mainly through the extermination of poverty.
Picture:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates