NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:41 pm

Speaker Apellina stood at the podium "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Council, I would like to introduce President Débora Barros of Marasalia. She has just arrived and will address this Council. Please give a warm welcome to President Barros!" She stepped away from the podium clapping.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Sebrenskiya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebrenskiya » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:18 pm

The President stood to speak, despite a chair being available to her.

"Thank you Mrs Speaker, and thank you to the esteemed representative of Kirishima for permitting my travel here for this event. While I have longed to speak in this chamber, it is unfortunate that I must do so to bring grave news." She sighed, shuffling papers around.

"On July 13th, in the year of 2022, naval forces of the Romanic Imperium launched 6 missiles of an unknown type towards a Marasalian naval cruiser in International Waters. Fortunately, our sailors were able to intercept all 6 projectiles, with no loss of life. But this cowardly and dastardly attack launched against us isn't just an attack against Marasalia, its an attack against this organization, an attack against Democracy, and clearly the works of bloodthirsty imperialist powers who see the world only in violence and blood.

Make no mistake, the people of Marasalia will overcome this threat, as they have other threats in the past, but the people of Marasalia would like to call on their allies in the International Freedom Coalition to come to our aid in light of this dastardly attack against us. There has been speculation that Marasalia would invoke the mutual defense clauses of the treaty represented by this body. Unfortunately, I can only confirm these speculations.

Marasalia has authorized an act which places the Romanic Imperium as a state to which Marasalia is at war. Additionally, Marasalia is considering whether or not this attack was implicated by the Concord of Independent States at large, with significant battlegroups present in the area by CIS memberstate 'Awesome Imperium'. It is the opinion of Marasalia that this attack is attempted to make plausible deniability and make Marasalia the aggressor in the eyes of the CIS. I will remain shortly for any questions there may be. Thank you again.
Nationalist Republic of Sebrenskiya - Septentrion Regional Canon (Pan-Slavic Coalition)
Federal Republic of Marasalia - Alitheia Regional Canon (Atlantic Pact)
Republic of Marasalia - International Incidences Canon (International Freedom Coalition)

do not mistake it (OOCly you may call me "Mara", "Yugo", or "Seb". Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to)

N awlins
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby N awlins » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:42 pm

The Nawlinian Ambassador slammed his fist on the table in anger, "This bullshit must not go unanswered. While the Republic does not have a full-fledged Navy of our own, we will assist in any manner needed. We can see about deploying some Army Forces to assist."

He then looks around and adds, "On the other matter at hand, La République de la Nouvelle-Orléans votes Aye on Resolution 0."
Embassy Program | Factbook

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:07 am

We are very concerned about the current situation and express our full support for the Republic of Marasalia. Given the distance between the English Channel and our country, it is difficult to say for sure that immediate military support will be provided. However, we will send military assistance to Marasalia as soon as possible.

Also, We vote Aye on the resolution 0.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:06 pm

Galia Elde's phone started buzzing. She rolled her eyes before checking who was calling, it was Emilia Numa, the Minister of State Affairs and technically her boss. Her eyes darted around to see several delegates in the chamber look at their phones around the same time. "Excuse me I need to take this. I'll be right back." The Guadalupadorian delegate quietly and meekly uttered as she left the Chamber. She answered the call as soon as she closed the door. "Yes Emilia? What is it?"

"Why did it take you so long to answer? It felt like centuries getting you to answer." Numa complained.

"Minister Numa, the Council is currently in sessio-"

"Whatever, this is big. The Romanic Imperium has attacked the Marasalians in the English Channel. We were conducting an alliance freedom of navigation operation alongside them."

"Ahh shit. That's not good."

"That's an understatement, Elde. A vast fucking understatement. Do you know what that means?" Emilia Numa asked almost rhetorically."

"We're at war." Elde whispered.

"Yeah. Marcos ordered our subs to help fight off the Romanic Navy. We're in it for real."

"I see somebody walking down the hallway, she's got guards with her. I got to go back into the chamber, goodbye." Elde spotted the Marasalian President headed her way. She hung up her phone and ducked back into the chamber as the Speaker announced the guest to the council. As Barros entered, Elde reached her seat and gave the President a semi-unintentional standing ovation before sitting down to listen. Barros' speech confirmed what Numa had reported to her just a few minutes before, and it pained her to hear what had happened. The CIS were now a much larger threat than GENA and were willing to attack an IFC member-state to prove it. Truly something needed to be done in Elde's opinion, preferably a diplomatic solution, but the attack proved that the time for diplomatic action was long gone. The Romanic Imperium and its CIS allies could only bend their knees to the collective force of the IFC. Elde spoke up and addressed the Council following Barros' speech. "During this attack, Guadalupadorian Navy vessels were present alongside the Marasalian Navy. This act of aggression was not just against Marasalia, but Guadalupador as well. The Federal Union is prepared to help rein the Romanic Imperium in and possibly liberate Britain if need be."
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Zeleniya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zeleniya » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 pm

Dr. Chumakov, Zeleniya's ambassador, arrives into the chamber and proceeds to take his seat. He would be looking over a file regarding the situation in the Romanic Imperium.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:40 pm

"THe NRI Votes AYE on Resolution 20"
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:11 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:"THe NRI Votes AYE on Resolution 20"

"Doesn't the Ambassador mean Resolution 0?"
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:04 pm

The nation of Guadalupador Votes AYE on Resolution 0.

Galia Elde pressed the voting button and opened another folder depicting the intelligence given to her on the threat that the Medinaist Republic of Muqaddasia presented toward Guadalupador. "Esteemed fellow delegates of the International Freedom Coalition, I would like to bring to order the present threat that the Medinaist Republic of Muqaddasia is to the Federal Union of Guadalupador." Elde stood up and continued to speak: "The Federal Union of Guadalupador, in lawfully performing an interdiction action against a GENA/GLEN member-state's vessel has been repeatedly accosted by the MRM, the flag that the ship flies. At this very moment, the atmosphere is very tense given the fact that the Muqaddasi Navy has sent a Carrier Strike Group forward to the boundary of Guadalupador's EEZ, with a second CSG on its way to intimidate us into releasing their interdicted vessel. This is an affront to our foreign policy standing and a clear message that the Muqaddasi, and the former GENA states as a whole only understand force as a means to pressure other states into compliance. These aggressive actions by the MRM cannot go overlooked."

Zeleniya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zeleniya » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:13 am

After looking over the resolution and listening to the representative of Guadalupador, Dr. Chumakov would look at an SMS text from the President, and then he would speak.

"The Republic of Zeleniya votes AYE on Resolution 0. Any and all enemies against freedom must be put down and extinguished from existence. Just as we say about the communist devils, the best tyrant is a dead one."
Last edited by Zeleniya on Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Civia Welephilostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Civia Welephilostopia » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:36 am

As an observer state the representative of Civia Welephilostopia requests for permission to speak in the next session to speak about the various different wars beginning to escalate and the creation of a new military force for hire.

In private the representative would discuss with other nations weapons development and the ability to both expand the number of representatives and grant more funding to non military programs such as medical and civilian aid to warzones.
Observer to the IFC, Host of Lusidek Group, Member of the TRC.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:15 pm

Ambassador Moorston looked around the room, "I'm confused, what do you mean by 'expand the number of representitives'? There should only be one voting Representitive per Member Nation. Or do you mean giving Voting Rights to Observers? Because, either way, we will retain one voting Representitive per Member Nation, and we will not be giving Observers the ability to vote on IFC Matters or Resolutions."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:11 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Ambassador Moorston looked around the room, "I'm confused, what do you mean by 'expand the number of representitives'? There should only be one voting Representitive per Member Nation. Or do you mean giving Voting Rights to Observers? Because, either way, we will retain one voting Representitive per Member Nation, and we will not be giving Observers the ability to vote on IFC Matters or Resolutions."

The Speaker spoke up "As my Shazite counterpart has stated, the ability to vote is a privilege of being a full member. Observers may observe, but they may not vote. They also may not submit and debate on resolutions."

"Now, on the topic of wars, which one, specifically, do you wish to discuss?"

Civia Welephilostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Civia Welephilostopia » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:04 am

New Roma Republic wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:Ambassador Moorston looked around the room, "I'm confused, what do you mean by 'expand the number of representitives'? There should only be one voting Representitive per Member Nation. Or do you mean giving Voting Rights to Observers? Because, either way, we will retain one voting Representitive per Member Nation, and we will not be giving Observers the ability to vote on IFC Matters or Resolutions."

The Speaker spoke up "As my Shazite counterpart has stated, the ability to vote is a privilege of being a full member. Observers may observe, but they may not vote. They also may not submit and debate on resolutions."

The representative of Welephilostopia stood up and replied: "Forgive me for my request, however, my other proposal still stands."

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:32 am

Civia Welephilostopia wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:

The representative of Welephilostopia stood up and replied: "Forgive me for my request, however, my other proposal still stands."

"I'm not sure what 'proposals' you are talking about, but we will not expand the number of voting representatives for members, nor will we allow Observers to vote. What is this 'other proposal' that still stands? The Wars? Which Wars are you talking about?" Moorston looked both puzzled and a little annoyed at the same time.

Civia Welephilostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Civia Welephilostopia » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:58 am

Shazbotdom wrote:

"I'm not sure what 'proposals' you are talking about, but we will not expand the number of voting representatives for members, nor will we allow Observers to vote. What is this 'other proposal' that still stands? The Wars? Which Wars are you talking about?" Moorston looked both puzzled and a little annoyed at the same time.

"I was meerly talking about the portential of the creation of new programs to be sent to warzones such as food or medical supplie for example." The representative then sat down slightly embarrased

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:29 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:

"I was meerly talking about the portential of the creation of new programs to be sent to warzones such as food or medical supplie for example." The representative then sat down slightly embarrased

"Well, even though it is not used often," Ambasador Moorston replied, "The IFC does have the 'Blue Cross' under the Science Ministry. That is supposed to be headed by Placus Caesius Rex from the New Roman Imperium. But, they only deploy if there is a request for help, which we have not recieved in a while. We don't deploy them unless someone requests it."

Civia Welephilostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Civia Welephilostopia » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:00 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:

"Well, even though it is not used often," Ambasador Moorston replied, "The IFC does have the 'Blue Cross' under the Science Ministry. That is supposed to be headed by Placus Caesius Rex from the New Roman Imperium. But, they only deploy if there is a request for help, which we have not recieved in a while. We don't deploy them unless someone requests it."

"Well, at risk of offending the Blue Cross I would say that a vast mjority of nations have not heard of it which is potentially a reason it has not been requested"

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:18 pm

The Speaker sighed before responding "If that is true, then the vast majority of national leaderships are not literate. The IFC does not hide the Blue Cross. It has participated in many humanitarian activities, and we advertise it on the IFC's website. Checking the Wikipedia article, it's on there as well."

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:32 am

New Roma Republic wrote:The Speaker sighed before responding "If that is true, then the vast majority of national leaderships are not literate. The IFC does not hide the Blue Cross. It has participated in many humanitarian activities, and we advertise it on the IFC's website. Checking the Wikipedia article, it's on there as well."

"To be fair to our observer perhaps the Coalition ought to be a bit more, well, more intervening in humanitarian crises. If that makes any sense." Galia remarked, waiting for the translator to keep up with her.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:40 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Resolution Number: 0

Resolution text:

Vote: 6 - 0 - 0

NOTE: This tally includes votes cast on the Discord+the votes of the nations who submitted the resolution as that is assumed to be for

"Resolution 0 passes unanimously with 6 ayes."

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:31 am

Guadalupador wrote:"To be fair to our observer perhaps the Coalition ought to be a bit more, well, more intervening in humanitarian crises. If that makes any sense." Galia remarked, waiting for the translator to keep up with her.

"Absolutely. Military interventions without it being requested are one thing but, humanitarian efforts are something volunteered." (FR) Dae-shim chimed in, taking a sip of water. As an example, when a devasting earthquake struck the Philippines, Kirishima offered, then sent the IBHS Undine Hospital Ship. While I personally don't think it matters how well-known humanitarian efforts are, it needs to be proactive to be recognized and even solicited" (FR)
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:37 am

Exactly, the Blue Cross needs to provide other nations with top-quality humanitarian aid as an alliance policy. We do have an application for aid, but most nations that require aid have no idea that we do. That's a big problem, right there." Galia remarked. She stopped herself as she checked her phone, another text from State Affairs Minister Numa, she sighed and rose to speak once more. "Esteemed Delegates, I have the obligation of informing the Council that the Guadalupadorian Navy performed a preemptive defensive action against the Muqaddasi carrier strike groups following the sinking of the Mawj. The Shazite Navy was also involved in the action and the battle damage assessment against the Muqaddasi is that both CSGs have been wiped out. The Federal Union, at this point in time, will not pursue further significant military actions against the Medinaist Republic of Muqaddasia, even if the Muqaddasi continue to refuse to negotiate without compensation to their destroyed CSGs. Howewver with their refusal to talk, this opens the possibility of further military aggression from the MRM. The Coalition must be on high alert for threats from the Muqaddasi or UADC states in the future."
Last edited by Guadalupador on Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:48 am

We agree with Guadalupador. We, IFC, should be prepared for a possible conflict with UADC in the future. Of course, we do not want that to happen. But if they attack us, we have to be ready to Against them.
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:04 pm

"From what I've gathered from recent events however is that the UADC is a weak alliance and can't even defend some of its own members from outside aggression. The member-states that constitute the alliance pose more of a threat themselves than the alliance. Luckily for the Coalition, as the delegate from Seorabeol mentioned: our mutual defense pact is ever ready." Galia Elde continued to chide the UADC and its perceived looming irrelevance and ineffective diplomacy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates