NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:56 pm

"And with that vote, the voting is closed. Resolution 25a passes with 12 ayes, 0 nays, and 0 abstentions."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:24 pm

Speaker Apellina stood up at the podium "My fellow delegates, my nation has been following atrocities being committed by the rogue authoritarian state of Phenyzia. Four days ago, on June 3, the Phenyzian government deployed its military forces and massacred over 10,000 of its own citizens who were protesting the authoritarian government and calling for democratic reforms. Here we saw the violence inherent in the system.

"And today, the Phenyzian secret police arrested over 20,000 of its citizens while blacking out its media. Additionally, it has been arresting journalists and sending them to labor camps. These are acts of a desperate government who cares nothing for its citizens and only wants to hold onto power. I urge this council to soundly condemn the acts of this barbarous nation. And with that, I introduce Resolution 26:

Novus Romanum Imperium
Gegania Apellina

Condemnation of Phenyzia

[Resolution Number: 26]

RECOGNIZING the importance of self determination and freedom from fear,

UPHOLDING the tenants of freedom and democracy,

REAFFIRMING the goals of the International Freedom Coalition;

This Council:

Summarily CONDEMNS the government of Phenyzia for massacring innocent protestors and arresting citizens that hold feelings against the current repressive regime. In passing of this resolution, the IFC Council highly encourages the governments of memberstates to also condemn Phenyzia and cut all ties, if any, with this autocratic state.

[Gegania Apellina, Novus Romanum Imperium]
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:26 pm

Resolution Number: 26

Resolution text: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=388836&start=550#p39678503

Vote: 6-0-0

NOTE: This tally includes votes cast on the Discord+the votes of the nations who submitted the resolution as that is assumed to be for
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:00 pm

"Such barbarity must not stand. Utter disgust is the only feeling I can muster for such a government."

The Federal Union of Guadalupador Votes AYE on the Resolution 26.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

The Free Russian Tzarists
Envoy

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:15 pm

"Penyzians should be disgraced. Russia, nor the IFC, should or will stand for the slaughter of peaceful protesters."

Imperial Russia Votes AYE on the Resolution 26.
Last edited by The Free Russian Tzarists on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:05 am

Lee Byung-suk had been told on the news what had happened in Penyzia. He predicted that a message related to this would soon come from his home country, and as expected, he received a firm message from his home country.

Lee Byung-suk asked for a say and stood on the platform. This time I meant to be brief.

"Penyzia's atrocities deserve to be condemned. Therefore, We vote Aye on Resolution 26."
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

Whitanchir
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Whitanchir » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:56 am

"Whitanchir strongly condemns such atrocities and cannot remain unmoved"

The Federal Republic of Whitanchir votes AYE on the Resolution 26.
Federal Republic of Whitanchir
Rated 96.6/100 (not corrupt) on the International Index of Corruption
Rated 95.4/100 (free) on the International Freedom Index
Rated 94.6/100 (transformative) on the International LGBT+ Rights Index

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:33 pm

Celeste stood up from her seat and addressed the council briefly. "This rogue state has butchered its on people... those innocents who only wanted their voices finally heard. This atrocity can not stand. The United States of Devonta condemns the murderous actions taken by Penyzia and its leaders!"

The Grand Republic of the United States of Devonta votes AYE on the Resolution 26.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:32 pm

"Voting is now over on Resolution 26. This Resolution has passed with 6 ayes and no nays."

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:15 am

"This is an act that we should not consider lightly, but in recent days, I felt the need to introduce such a resolution." Galia Elde introduced her resolution to vote. "Phenyzia, the very country that this Council has voted to condemn has once more committed horrible atrocities against a recently demilitarized country, and the alliance supposedly dedicated to keeping true to the treaty dedicated to ending this war has instead turned a blind eye to its member-state's violation and subsequent killing of innocents."

Federali Unyone do Guadalupador
Galia Elde

Condemnation of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances

[Resolution Number: 27]

FIRMLY COMMITTED to the goals of this very Coalition in the face of extreme opposition from other alliances,

NOTICING the nature of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances' need to expand and spread itself across the world which in itself presents a possible danger,

REACTING to the blatant war crimes and treaty violations committed by a member (Phenyzia) of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances (GENA), and the leadership of the respective alliance's inaction on disciplining said member,

The Council of the International Freedom Coalition:

CONDEMNS in the strongest possible manner, the entirety of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances and orders that sanctions be placed on all member-states of said alliance until Phenyzia is either suspended or ousted from GENA.

The Council of the International Freedom Coalition implores that any and all normal relations between IFC member-states and GENA member-states are to be cut for the time being.

Upon the suspension/ouster of Phenyzia, sanctions can be lifted and normal relations between the International Freedom Coalition and the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances may continue.

Signed,

Galia Elde, Federal Union of Guadalupador

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:41 pm

Dame Antasia Sedorov wrote: While I condemn the GENA for its approval of Phenyzia, I believe this act takes it too far. If I were to choose, I would sanction only founding members, as well as other assorted states. Additionally, I believe a shutdown of communication will only serve to worsen the tension.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:36 pm

The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:
Dame Antasia Sedorov wrote: While I condemn the GENA for its approval of Phenyzia, I believe this act takes it too far. If I were to choose, I would sanction only founding members, as well as other assorted states. Additionally, I believe a shutdown of communication will only serve to worsen the tension.

"Feel free to amend my initial resolution if you need to. I'm open to a more nuanced interpretation of the drafted Resolution 27." Representative Elde remarked, imploring her contemporary to move along the resolution amendment process.

Whitanchir
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Whitanchir » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:23 am

"While we strongly condemn the recent atrocities committed by Phenyzia, Whitanchir however is convinced that this resolution goes too far and that considering sanctions against all members of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances is not appropriate to the situation."

The Federal Republic of Whitanchir Votes NAY on the Resolution 27.

Republic Of Ludwigsburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Republic Of Ludwigsburg » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:47 am

"Abdul Hassan walks back into the hall, and says the following.
Seeing as Phenyzia is so violent in it's rhetoric, and has committed so many warcrimes, we are appalled by the very fact that they are allowed to be in any coalition, let alone one based on international corporation. South Germany votes AYE in the current resolution.
Pro: Social Democracy, EU, LGBTQ+ Rights, Labour Party, Ukraine
Anti: Fascism, State Capitalism, Stalinism, Tankies supporting Russia, Nazism
bumbling fool
Politiscales: this
South German Times: Friedrich Schonbrunn diagnosed with Stage 1 Head and Neck Cancer, Gottfried Hallemark to immediately succeed. GDR President Alfred Wolff in grave controversy after calling rival candidate Jakob Silberstein a "schwein" during debate. Joe Biden to host NATO meeting in New York regarding aid to Ukraine. Alpine mountaineer Valentina Giatte successfully summits Mt. Everest. Former Kanzler Johan Schauff to create new hot beverage company, "Schauffee". SPECIAL: The Curious Case of James Friedenwahl: To find out more, log on to timessgermany.eu

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:37 am

Lee Byung-suk made his position after a meeting with Department of State officials.

"We don't support Phenyzia and we don't think they're right. However, it does not seem appropriate to sever relations with the entire GENA member states."

He took off his mask, took a sip of water, and then continued.

“A diplomacy is a tool that must remain until the last minute. The diplomatic break with the entire GENA will only deepen the conflict. So we vote NAY on the Resolution 27."
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:50 am

"It is indeed an extreme document, and I suggest that people amend Resolution 27 and release it here for the council to vote on. Amend it, if you feel it is too strong." Galia Elde reiterated her previous point, as the draft resolution continued to get more and more opposition. "The onus is on the members of this council to legislate."

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:19 am

Tuender would arrive from her home in Western Australia. A big jet lagged she quickly organized her space and took a look at the current proposal.

“I believe that this is too far. For now I will vote nay. I expect that a redesign will come soon. As I do support the general idea.”

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm

Dame Antasia Sedorov wrote:An amended version.

Imperatorskaya Rossiya
Dame Antasia Sedorov

FIRMLY COMMITTED to the goals of this very Coalition in the face of extreme opposition from other alliances,

NOTICING the nature of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances' need to expand and spread itself across the world which in itself presents a possible danger,

REACTING to the blatant war crimes and treaty violations committed by a member (Phenyzia) of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances (GENA), and the leadership of the respective alliance's inaction on disciplining said member,

the International Freedom Coalition henceforth:

ASKS the GENA to oust Phenyzia, at which point the resolution will expire,

REAFFIRMS its condemnation of Phenyzia,

EXTENDS the Condemnation of Phenyzia outlined in Resolution 26,

COMMANDS any joint military operations not necessary to the goal of the alliance be canceled immediately, and

ENCOURAGES member states to further this bill in the ways they see fit

Signed,

Dame Antasia Sedorov, Imperial Russia

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:43 pm

The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:
Dame Antasia Sedorov wrote:An amended version.

Imperatorskaya Rossiya
Dame Antasia Sedorov

COMMANDS any joint military operations not necessary to the goal of the alliance be canceled immediately, and

Signed,

Celeste read over the copies of both Resolution 27 and it's amended version. Despite the barbaric actions of Phenyzia, she thought the original resolution was to extreme. As she read the amended version of Resolution 27 she thought it was much to soft.

Celeste got up to speak, "Ladies and gentlemen, the United States of Devonta rejects both versions of Resolution 27 in its current form. The original resolution is to extreme in its calls to sanction all GENA members and its rejection of diplomacy. That being said, the amended version is much to weak. If the amended version passes, Phenyzia will get out of this unscathed with just a sentimental condemnation from the IFC." Celeste scoffed and continued. "They will not even bat an eye to a condemnation. We must not only condemn their nation and its actions, but also make sure that Phenyzia is sanctioned completely."
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:50 pm

"Please Ambassador, if you wish to amend it, you do need to keep the credit of the original author." states the Shazonite representative, Mr. Moorston. "I have done so and present it to the membership."

Galia Elde

Imperatorskaya Rossiya
Dame Antasia Sedorov

[Resolution Number: 27a]

Signed,

Galia Elde, Federal Union of Guadalupador
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:11 pm

“So apparently Phenyzia has just used a terrorist attacking in their capitol to justify the invasion of Western Europe…”

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:40 am

"The NRI votes AYE on Resolution 27a. This takes our issues with resolution 27 and fixes it."

Whitanchir
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Whitanchir » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:12 am

"The amended version of the resolution already seems to us much more suited to the situation."

The Federal Republic of Whitanchir votes AYE on Resolution 27a

N awlins
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby N awlins » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:54 am

Manny Chevrolet leans into the microphone at his seat, "La République de la Nouvelle-Orléans Abstains on Resolution 27a. We feel that the first version has too much teeth, but this one lacks the muster for a proper 'condemnation' from this body."
Embassy Program | Factbook

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am

"The Guadalupadorian delegation agrees with Representative Chevrolet, Resolution 27a has no teeth, and likely needs to be amended once more. I will not put my support behind it. GENA needs to be condemned for its amoral hypocrisy. As of present, and as far as I know, there are no 'joint military operations' occurring alongside GENA member-states." Galia Elde spoke, waiting for the translator to stop before she continued. "Phenyzia presents a danger to the international community and democracy as a whole, GENA in defending Phenyzia's actions, is complicit in the terror that Phenyzia wreaks across the world."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates