NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Isle of Lost
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Lost » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:34 am

Now, with that matter out of the way I believe we have been rather blind to our own Coalition resolutions in the face of another crisis. I would like to call upon the Council to please pull out Resolution 3 from your dusty folders and read Section 7, S3; Number 5.

5. Reiterates that it is impossible not to comply with IFC legislation and remain a member, and concludes that upon any member becoming non compliant with IFC legislation, they can be called to testify before the Council on the causes or meanings behind their non-compliance and if necessary a vote may be called to suspend or eject them.

Now I have personally no intent to see either the Roman and Remenant delegations evoked from this council given their history of loyalty and support for the Coalition, but such strongly worded language cannot simply be ignored. Therefore I seek a motion to give each of the delegation’s speakers a chance to testify before the council and describe their motives prior to the IFC picking a position best suited for a swift and peaceful conclusion of said conflict...

Might I note, quickly, the none-compliance with IFC legislation I am referring to is found in Res3, Section 7, S3, #3. A state of war, or open hostilities, between member nations is a fundamental violation of the Functional Unity Act and cannot be ignored if the foundations of this Coalition are to remain strong.

Roleplaying Nation Name: Merick Isles

Proud Member of SACTO and the IFC!

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:53 am

"I'd be open to commissioning an investigation into the Remnant government's atrocities. It's apparent that we need to nip this entire situation in the bud immediately." Galia Elde said.

"I am aware of the situation, and I am currently seeking dialogue between the two states as we speak in the chamber. At this time it's only between the delegates of the Chamber, but we are all working to bring the two states to the table. Believe me, we will stand together as a coalition. Of course, I need to ask of the Remnant and Roman delegates that their respective states need to show restraint immediately before we can open up official channels of dialogue, military action is only going to worsen the situation." The Prime Minister announced.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:41 am

"The Imperial delegations would request that talks happen in open Chambers, instead of backroom diplomacy. That way it is insured that's the entirety at a council knows what the actual fuck is happening that is causing so many problems within this Alliance."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

IFC Admin 2
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby IFC Admin 2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Note:

The last (Failed) resolution has been renamed Resolution 22, to keep in line with the Numbering Methods currently used for Resolutions of the International Freedom Coalition.

Thank you for your time.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 pm

"I assure you that the Council will help to engage de-escalation talks. Your request is noted and will be acted upon posthaste." Myra assured the Shazite Delegate. "The problems of this great Coalition are indeed deeply entrenched, however inaction doesn't help the case. If we want to reform the coalition then let's do it. I call on this council to write resolutions we can debate and pass." Myra urged action to reform the Coalition.

N awlins
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby N awlins » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:44 pm

"It is more that we need to enforce always standing resolutions," Manny stated. "It a member has, indeed, declared a unilateral war of any kind against a fellow member then it needs to be addressed and the offending Nation needs to have his membership suspended by either this council or the Prime Minister until a full investigation can be performed."

He looks around to the members in the Chambers, "If we cannot come to a consensus with the current leadership, then I move for the initiation of elections as soon as possible."
Embassy Program | Factbook

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 pm

The Empire of Romic
Alex Trimbel

International Freedom Coalition Peacekeeping Forces (IFC-PKF)

[Resolution Number: 41

MISSION: To allow offensive and defensive capabilities for the International Freedom Coalition to ensure the spread of freedom to those not afforded those rights.

IMPLEMENTATION: The IFC shall set up a military triumvirate of three member nations that will act as Field Marshals of the IFC-PKF they will represent the interests of the Coalition in military affairs. They will be selected by the Prime Minister and may be replaced when and if the need arises.

FUNDS: The equipment will be purchased from a combination of donations and a levy of .5% of the GDP from new and existing members to purchase equipment for humanitarian missions, military, and other expenses.

The triumvirate will also have a discretionary fund made up of combination of donations and levies from the Coalition Fund, this discretionary fund will be allocated by the Prime Minister.

RECRUITMENT: The IFC-PKF will be made of volunteer forces of various member states. These forces will then be stationed in bases across member states and integrated fully, no segregated units will be encouraged. The recruitment will be preferential to former and active military members of member nations. Citizens that are up to the physical standards may be admitted to the IFC-PKF.

EQUIPMENT: The triumvirate will purchase equipment to be issued to the IFC-PKF as they are under Coalition contract. This equipment will provide the IFC with standardized military equipment that will allow for seamless integration of member forces.

ENGAGEMENTS: Engagements will be provided to the triumvirate for careful consideration, if they meet the standards set forth by the triumvirate they will call upon and order the IFC-PKF into service. The Rules of Engagement will be written by the Triumvirate.

Signed,

[Alex Trimbel, The Empire of Romic]
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Maldenian Islands
Secretary

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Maldenian Islands » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 am

Ambassador Lemaire simply rolled her eyes at the proposal in question. Stupid, draconian, and seriously lacking in all and any form of basic principles she thought to herself as she prepared to refute the proposal submitted by the Romic delegation.

MISSION: To allow offensive and defensive capabilities for the International Freedom Coalition to ensure the spread of freedom to those not afforded those rights.

"I was not aware that the current state of the armed forces and military-industrial complexes of our member nations was in such a dire state that the International Freedom Coalition holds no capability to enforce its agenda. I do not believe this is the case. Mr Trimbel, would you be as so kind to enlighten the esteemed delegates of this Council, as to why the IFC currently has no offensive or defensive capability? And surely, if our nations are in such a dire situation, should we not be laying doen the foundations for an alliance-wide initiative for military overhaul?"

IMPLEMENTATION: The IFC shall set up a military triumvirate of three member nations that will act as Field Marshals of the IFC-PKF they will represent the interests of the Coalition in military affairs. They will be selected by the Prime Minister and may be replaced when and if the need arises.

"Mr Trimbel, I believe you are missing a fundamental point that this alliance is bigger than three nations, thus three nations canon represent the military interests of the International Freedom Coalition. This proposed peacekeeping force should not be subject to the elitist whims of the Prime Minister and their allies, but rather to the scrutiny and command of the Council of the IFC. Senior leadership of this peacekeeping force should and must be representative of all contributing states, with the highest ranking command position either elected by the Council, or if no consensus can be reached via the afformentioned, temporarily appointed by the Prime Minister."

FUNDS: The equipment will be purchased from a combination of donations and a levy of .5% of the GDP from new and existing members to purchase equipment for humanitarian missions, military, and other expenses.

The triumvirate will also have a discretionary fund made up of combination of donations and levies from the Coalition Fund, this discretionary fund will be allocated by the Prime Minister.

"Mr Trimbel, with all due respect, over my dead body. The Republic of Malden not be contributing 0.5% of its GDP to something we oppose and will not be a part of. We are a small country with a small economy when compared to most, if not all countries, that are part of the IFC. If you want to purchase equipment for your military adventures, collect funding from the memebrs actually willing to contribute to this peacekeeping force. I can promise you that you will not be receiving a single dollar from Malden.

RECRUITMENT: The IFC-PKF will be made of volunteer forces of various member states. These forces will then be stationed in bases across member states and integrated fully, no segregated units will be encouraged. The recruitment will be preferential to former and active military members of member nations. Citizens that are up to the physical standards may be admitted to the IFC-PKF.

"Mr Trimbel, I believe that we can agree that national sovereignty of individual countries should not be impeded upon by IGO's, supranational confederations, and the likes. I believe that we can also agree that rule of law, enforced by the governmeny which had popular mandate, is imperative for a nation to function. As per Maldenian law, citizens of the Republic of Malden are banned from joining or taking part in any military formations outside of those sanctioned by the Ministry of Defence - the Maldenian Armed Forces, Registered Paramilitary Formations of the Republic, and the Directorate for Private Military Services - or those cleared by the government, whether foreign or domestic. Since this peacekeeping force has no support from Malden, not a single Maldenian citizen will be registered to join this force."

EQUIPMENT: The triumvirate will purchase equipment to be issued to the IFC-PKF as they are under Coalition contract. This equipment will provide the IFC with standardized military equipment that will allow for seamless integration of member forces.

"Once again, Mr Trimbel, you are forgetting that this alliance is bigger than three nations. The idea that three nations unpopularly appointed by the Prime Minister, will dictate what forces contributed from fellow IFC members will be armed with, without the consultation of their representative delegates in the Council, which in turn convene with the military and political leadership of their respective home countries, is nothing short of being highly laughable."

ENGAGEMENTS: Engagements will be provided to the triumvirate for careful consideration, if they meet the standards set forth by the triumvirate they will call upon and order the IFC-PKF into service. The Rules of Engagement will be written by the Triumvirate.

"This Council must be sick and tired of me hammering home this point, but once again Mr Trimbel, this alliance is bigger than three nations. It is absolutely imperative that the entire Council has a say in the engagement of its forces that are acting on behalf of the International Freedom Coalition, not just three lackeys apointed by the Prime Minister. The Rules of Engagement must be agreed upon by the Council."

Ambassador Lemaire went silent for a moment as she contemplated her finishing speech. Even if the resolution passed through the Council, the chances of the government in Saint Louis supporting such motion was nil. "It is for the afformentioned reasons, that I speak with the representative authority of the people and government of the Republic of Malden, when I say that we shall not be supporting this resolution, anything similar to it, or taking part in the functions proposed by it, now or in the future, regardless as to whether this passes through the Council or not."
R E P U B L I C  O F  M A L D E N
République de Malden—Δημοκρατία του Μάλντεν—Республика Мальден
Liberté ou Mort!—Ελευθερία ή θάνατος!—Свобода или Cмерть!

IIWiki||Armed Forces||Placeholder||Placeholder

Chkalovsk II
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chkalovsk II » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 am

As the Maldenian delegate launched her attack against Resolution 23, Ambassador Novikov simply nodded in agreement with all her points. By the time she had concluded her sharp refute of the Romic proposal, Ambassador Novikov could do nothing but continue to nod in agreement, for practically everything that had needed to be said had been said by Ambassador Lemaire, which now put Ambassador Novikov in a less-than-conventional position. "I staunchly agree with the rebuttal of this proposal issued by our Maldenian friend." He said.
Last edited by Chkalovsk II on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Chally
I'm a female, 16 years old
I am a proud Russian
DM me for Discord tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEaMhjYrYTw
General Dicking Around wrote:AND THEN JOHN SMASHED THE WINDOW AND FUCKED A GOOSE WITH A LIGHTSABER

Militant Costco wrote:Russia would much rather have Samsung over Kim Il Sung.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm

"Although Delegate Trimbel's proposal is a solid foundation, I have outlined a few changes within the resolution that I'd like to bring to the Council's attention." Galia Elde spoke up and outlined Resolution 23a:

The Empire of Romic
Alex Trimbel

Federali Unyone do Guadalupador
Galia Elde

Joint Military Readiness Initiative Reform Act: International Freedom Coalition Peacekeeping Forces (IFC-PKF)

[Resolution Number: 23a]

IMPLEMENTATION: The International Freedom Coalition shall set up an office of Commander-in-Chief of the IFC Peace Keeping Force to replace the office of "Supreme Allied Commander of the JMRI" that will represent the interests of the Coalition in military affairs. The CIC will be elected by the Council of the International Freedom Coalition, with the Prime Minister permitted to having a tie-breaker vote in the event of a tie. The Commander-in-Chief of the IFC-PKF has the right to appoint their own officials of whom will be vetted and confirmed for duty by the IFC Council. Prospective Candidates for the Office of IFC-PKF Commander-In-Chief must be interviewed and vetted by the Council in order to build a trustworthy relationship between the IFC and its member-states.

ADDENDUM: It is highly suggested that the selection of candidates for the position of IFC-PKF Commander-In-Chief come from member-states that remain fully committed to the International Freedom Coalition over other commitments to other international alliances and treaty organizations.

FUNDS: The equipment will be purchased from a series of encouraged donations from new and existing members to purchase equipment for humanitarian missions, military, and other expenses.
A discretionary fund made up of combination of donations and levies from the larger Coalition Fund will be established. This discretionary fund will be allocated by the Prime Minister with advisement by the Council.

EQUIPMENT: The Commander-In-Chief and their general staff will allocate funds to purchase equipment to be issued to the IFC-PKF as they are under Coalition contract. This equipment will provide the IFC with standardized military equipment that will allow for seamless integration of member forces.

ENGAGEMENTS: Engagements will be provided to the IFC Council for careful consideration, if they meet the standards set forth by the Council then they will call upon the CIC to order the IFC-PKF into service. The Rules of Engagement will be written by the Commander-in-Chief and their general staff.

The CIC has the power to bypass the IFC Council to activate the IFC-PKF only in very special circumstances. Engagements considered "Emergency Actions" which are considered but not limited to: a Civil War within a Member-State, Mass Civil Disturbances within Member-States, an offensive conflict against a Member-State by a hostile force, response to a hostile act against the entirety of the Coalition, etc.

Signed,

[Alex Trimbel, The Empire of Romic]
[Galia Elde, The Federal Union of Guadalupador]
Last edited by Guadalupador on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maldenian Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maldenian Islands » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:03 pm

"And once again, if you would be kind enough to give clarification to the Council regarding the dire situation of individual nations' armed forces, to the point in which the International Freedom Coalition lacks any basic offensive and defensive capabilities, thus justifying the premise of this resolution. Thanks."

The CIC has the power to bypass the IFC Council to activate the IFC-PKF only in very special circumstances. Engagements considered "Emergency Actions" which are considered but not limited to: a Civil War within a Member-State, Mass Civil Disturbances within Member-States, an offensive conflict against a Member-State by a hostile force, response to a hostile act against the entirety of the Coalition, etc.

"A dangerous and slippery slope. If you recall, there were idiots in this Council in favour of intervening in - or in other words, attacking - Chkalovsk for attempting to remove terrorist armies from within its borders and reassert rule of law over its sovereign territory. Thankfully, the afformentioned proposition of military intervention was never able to happen as people finally came to their senses, however, this proposed resolution essentially legalizes the afformetioned idiocy under the guise of 'emergency actions', without the consultation of the Council required to conduct such emegency actions. Logically, any state that values its national sovereignty should not want this 'police force' meddling in its internal affairs without permission from its government."
Last edited by Maldenian Islands on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:13 pm

"So, let me get this straight, if there is a civil war in one or any of our nations, the commander-in-chief has the apparent right to bypass the vote of the Council, and send joint-IFC forces into our nation to effectively pick a side, no?" Ambassador de Vertrun spoke up, leaning forward in her seat and tapping a pencil on the desk.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm

"The purpose of this resolution is to provide a clear and reliable system for the Coalition itself to respond to international incidents and to promote transparent cooperation between member-states. It's apparent that the inaction of the Coalition to prevent international incidents and spread our values of freedom lies solely on its member-states. Our Coalition needs to assert itself on the international stage, to actually do its duty.

On the topic of the Emergency Actions, the IFC-PKF needs to be a reliable response to hostile threats and to end conflicts swiftly and decisively. There are some things that cannot wait for Council deliberation, which could possibly take very long given the inaction of the current council. I'm certainly open to further definition of what constitutes an emergency action in order to prevent the fabled slippery slope." Galia Elde responded.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 am

"First I would like to thank our fellow esteemed delegates from Romic and Guadalupador for setting out to address an issue they found with the alliance, whatever the outcome, we will be stronger because of these deliberations." Ambassador Gam stated as she rolled her pen between her fingers. "While considering the Chkalovskian Crisis Act which should have never had been put to vote in the first place, and considering that it was indeed a crisis it would be an emergency. I am forced to believe that in a situation like that the IFC-PKF would've be able to get involved to the displeasure of Chkalovsk, nat-sov states like Inyursta, and rational states like Kirishima. Second while I would be glad to see the IFC come to Kirishima aid in a civil war, the question becomes does the IFC wait to be called in or do they just intervene ? Then the next question then becomes on which side? Very complicated and this resolution as is can be exploited either intentionally or unintentionally."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

"And if forced are dispatched, what if the legitimate government of said nation refuses them entry? I would think that if, and only if, the legitimate government that joined this esteemed body wishes for assistance with an emergency should any forces be deployed whatsoever. Many nations would see employment within their Nations buy this body with ounce at Nations authorization to be an infringement upon their National sovereignty in dealing with their own internal affairs. It should not be up to a Triad of people hand picked to decide if we deploy any forces within a nation that is having internal problems." He takes a of water and continues, "until such a time as this can be addressed within this proposal, under my authority is given to me by the Supreme Emperor of the Shazbotdom Empire, I abstain from voting on this issue."
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue May 08, 2018 5:02 pm

The Imperial Ambassador cleared his throat, "Could I get clarification from the Dorian or the Romic Ambassador about my question? It would make the decision of the Empire easier if we knew this information for us to vote Yes or No on this resolution."

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 pm

The Remnant deputy permanent representative looked around. Deputy Ambassador Canis wasn't around, so he was technically in charge in the council. The DPR shrugged, "The URA will vote aye for Resolution 23a.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Fri May 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:"And if forced are dispatched, what if the legitimate government of said nation refuses them entry? I would think that if, and only if, the legitimate government that joined this esteemed body wishes for assistance with an emergency should any forces be deployed whatsoever. Many nations would see employment within their Nations buy this body with ounce at Nations authorization to be an infringement upon their National sovereignty in dealing with their own internal affairs. It should not be up to a Triad of people hand picked to decide if we deploy any forces within a nation that is having internal problems." He takes a of water and continues, "until such a time as this can be addressed within this proposal, under my authority is given to me by the Supreme Emperor of the Shazbotdom Empire, I abstain from voting on this issue."

"If the government that joined this body wishes for the forces to remain out of its internal conflict then we shall oblige and frankly mind our own business in that internal strife." Replied the Romician delegate. "If The Empire of Romic was attacked by separatists illegally trying to take over we would hope the IFC would assist if asked or back away when asked."
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Romic wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:"And if forced are dispatched, what if the legitimate government of said nation refuses them entry? I would think that if, and only if, the legitimate government that joined this esteemed body wishes for assistance with an emergency should any forces be deployed whatsoever. Many nations would see employment within their Nations buy this body with ounce at Nations authorization to be an infringement upon their National sovereignty in dealing with their own internal affairs. It should not be up to a Triad of people hand picked to decide if we deploy any forces within a nation that is having internal problems." He takes a of water and continues, "until such a time as this can be addressed within this proposal, under my authority is given to me by the Supreme Emperor of the Shazbotdom Empire, I abstain from voting on this issue."

"If the government that joined this body wishes for the forces to remain out of its internal conflict then we shall oblige and frankly mind our own business in that internal strife." Replied the Romician delegate. "If The Empire of Romic was attacked by separatists illegally trying to take over we would hope the IFC would assist if asked or back away when asked."

"I would very much like that hard-coded into this Resolution before we decide to vote on it, if the authors don't mind." the Imperial Delegate stated, matter-of-factly.

Maldenian Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maldenian Islands » Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:The Remnant deputy permanent representative looked around. Deputy Ambassador Canis wasn't around, so he was technically in charge in the council. The DPR shrugged, "The URA will vote aye for Resolution 23a.

Lemaire rolled her eyes and sighed when the Remnant representative spoke.

"The Maldenian Republic votes nay for Resolution 23a."

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat May 19, 2018 7:03 pm

"The Inyurstan delegation votes NAY to Resolution 23a."

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Semolia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:50 am

The delegate from the United Kingdom started his speech and firstly thanked to all the delegations and member countries for pleasant welcome to the International Freedom Coalition. Right after that, His Excellency Mr. Reíner Aȗxent passed onto UK's position regarding Resolution 23a: Joint Military Readiness Initiative Reform Act: International Freedom Coalition Peacekeeping Forces (IFC-PKF).

'The United Kingdom in general supports the motion to more precisely determine functions and strengthen institutes that delegations previously agreed to - Resolution 17. My delegation totally supports modification, optimization and standardization, and so on especially insists on more closer cooperation in area Resolution 17 prescribed and emphasizes importance of active cooperation between member countries in that area. In accordance with previous, we fully support Resolution 23a, but we think last paragraph regarding activation of IFC-PKF in special circumstances opens various possibilities and possibly enables military system to violate their jurisdiction as defined by relevant Resolutions adopted by the IFC Council.

Although, we fully agree that CIC has power to engage without immediate consent in situations of aggression on member countries but with further discussion and approval in Council, it is unacceptable that CIC has power to engage on soil of non-member countries without consent of the Council. Therefore, the United Kingdom is ready to vote in favor, after previous difficulties be corrected. Until then I got instructions from HM Government, the United Kingdom will be ABSTAINED. Thank you, delegates.'

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:10 pm

As the Prime Minister watched votes for Resolution 23a trickle in he was interrupted by one of his attaches, who simply whispered a few words into his ear and shoved a folder into his lap and then briskly walked out of the chamber's back door. Myra read through the report and took to the microphone: "Esteemed delegates we have an emergency. I have just been given an intelligence report by one of my attaches detailing a crisis within one of our member-states: The central government of Palmyrion has apparently lost control of half of its nuclear weapons arsenal to a collection of insurgents in the country's northern region. Now this is not only a dangerous situation for the Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth but rather the entire Coalition. I motion for Resolution 23a be tabled immediately in order to deal with the present emergency. I also want to make a motion for the Palmyrian Delegate to come forward and explain the situation with more detail, especially how a group of insurgent groups now have what apparently amounts to half of their country's nuclear stockpile." Myra waited along for the interpreters to translate his statement and motions to the Council.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:25 pm

"What the actual fuck? How do insurgents overrun a hardened military base? If necessary, the Empire could deploy a group of SSGNs with ABM capabilities to the region as a defensive measure for allowance members as a first line of defence against NBC attacks." The Shazite delegate says.

Maldenian Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maldenian Islands » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Jesus of Nazareth Ambassador Lemaire thought to herself as she rested her head in her hand and slumped back in her chair slightly whilst Prime Minister Myra spoke. It was just one thing after another with this alliance. Since the Republic of Malden had entered the International Freedom Coalition, very little good had come out of it, politically, economically, and militarily. Now, with half of the nuclear arsenal of an IFC state somehow falling into the hands of an insurgent army, Lemaire would not be surprised if the people of Malden started having doubts about their membership in the coalition. Once the Shazite delegate had stopped speaking, Lemaire cleared her throat and began her rant: "This situation is the manifestation of an unprecedented threat the modern world faces, and represents a a clear and present danger to the freedom, integrity, safety and security of all members of the International Freedom Coalition. It is the opinion of the Maldenian government, that any nuclear attack on the territory of the Republic of Malden will be treated not as an act of terrorism, but as a first strike, and will result in reciprocal nuclear action from not only Maldenia, but her allies in the IFC and beyond, against Palmyrion. As I speak, Malden is conducting an emergency reactivation of all Cold War-era nuclear terrorism protocols as well as the full activation of its anti-ballistic missile defence network, furthermore, we are reading all submarines and aircraft for immediate nuclear strike and missile intercept action. It is unforgivable, and unforgettable, that the reckless and careless government of Palmyrion has let an insurgent army take control over half its nuclear arsenal, which may I add, includes ballistic missiles, which means we can all be targeted conventionally too, as if the threat of unconventional nuclear terrorism wasn't bad enough to deal with. Mark my words fellow delegates, this not an accident... insurgents simply cant walk into a nuclear storage facility, rather, this is a result of the neglect by Palmyrion's government to safeguard their nuclear arsenal, and as a result, is a clear sign that Palmyrion does not take the safety or security of fellow IFC members seriously, for if they did, they would not let an insurgent army which is fighting against an IFC state - which makes us all a target - acquire half of their nuclear arsenal. May I also draw attention to the near-perpetual bloodbath in the northern portion of Palmyrion which has killed millions upon millions of people, civilians included, which is an absolute embarrassment to the name of this alliance. It is the opinion of the Maldenian government, that should a state so recklessly lose control over not only their nuclear arsenal, but the northern half of their country, then that state no longer deserves to be respected by the principle of national sovereignty, and that regime must be removed with immediate effect, and no longer do they deserve to be members of such prestigious alliances such as the IFC whilst they are in such state of anarchy. We cannot risk conventional intervention against a nuclear-armed insurgent army, nor can we force them to negotiate, nor do I think that they would even be willing to negotiate on equal terms. The best we can do is make the insurgent filled areas of Palmyrion their own state, henceforth we do not have to deal with that problem anymore. I hope I have made our stance very clear."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates