NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:25 pm

"Mister Entemont, the ambassador from N Awlins is correct. We are attempting to purge the political influence of a Nation that brought corruption to this office and this Alliance," the Prime Minister started. "We did open the floor to any members who wish to rewrite those pieces of legislation. If you wish to take a shot at writing legislation, here's your chance."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (*) 55-23-4 (114) | COL (x) 49-25-7 (105) | CHI (e) 23-52-5 (51) | VGK (x) 44-28-8 (96)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:40 pm

"Certainly, Mr. Prime Minister."

"Mr. Prime Minister, I move to put the following resolution up for the consideration of the Council."

The Libertarian Social Republic of Tectonix
Daniel B. Entemont, Chief Foreign Ambassador

Directive Act

[Resolution Number: 00]

Recognising the striking of Resolution 00 from the records,

Understanding that the IFC in its entirety requires a clear administrative entity to manage itself,

The Council of the IFC hereby enacts the following:

§1 – Resolution Records:
  1. All legislations following this Resolution are to be numbered from 1 upwards, with this one designated as Resolution 00.
  2. Renumbers all non-striked Resolutions, with Resolution 02 being numbered as 01, and so forth.

§2 – The Leadership of the IFC:
  1. The Government of the IFC is to be headed by a Prime Minister, voted upon via Instant Runoff Voting, or IRV, and serves a maximum of three four-month terms. The Prime Minister is charged with submitting resolutions to the IFC Council, chairing the Council if the Speaker of the Council and the Speaker pro tempore are incapable of fulfilling their duties, and overall being the face of the organisation-at-large.
  2. The Prime Minister is to appoint a Deputy Prime Minister, whom will take over as Acting Prime Minister if the Prime Minister is incapable of performing their duties.
  3. If the membership of the IFC feels dissatisfied with the actions of the Prime Minister, they retain the right to hold a vote of no confidence to impeach the Prime Minister and either have the Deputy Prime Minister take the position, or elect their own in a new election.
  4. If a vote of no confidence occurs two weeks prior to a regularly-scheduled election for the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister is obligated to take the position of Prime Minister if the Prime Minister is impeached, until the next election.
  5. The Prime Minister is to, once every month, give a speech before the IFC Council, detailing their plans for the IFC,
    remarks regarding any incoming Member States, international conflicts and other such matters.

§3 – Government of the IFC:
  1. All provisions of the Government Reformation Act continue to be upheld.
  2. The Government of the IFC is to have an IFC Council, benched by a single representative from each Member State and chaired by a Speaker of the Council.
  3. The IFC Council is to hold complete legislative authority over all matters within the IFC, charged specifically, but not limited, to: pass resolutions, authorise declarations of war, authorise militarised protection of Member and/or non-Member States and other such legislative duties.
  4. The Speaker of the Council is the Chair of the IFC Council, charged with maintaining order, adhering to the standard rules of order (defined as a loose collection of rules from RONR, UN Procedures and UK Parliamentary Procedure, at the discretion of the Chair) and presiding over all debate and voting.
  5. If the Speaker is incapable of fulfilling their duties, they may appoint a Speaker pro tempore for the duration of time they will not be fulfilling their duties.
  6. The Prime Minister reserves the right to appoint a Council Parliamentarian to assist the Speaker of the Council if they believe the Speaker is doing a poor job at executing their duties.
  7. The Speaker of the Council is to serve a maximum of two four-month terms.
  8. If the Speaker of the Council is observed to be exhibiting gross negligence for the proper rules and procedures, the delegations of the IFC Council may appoint their own Presiding Officer and hold an independent convention to hold a vote of no confidence.
    1. If a vote of no confidence is successful via a 2/3rds majority vote, then the Speaker is officially impeached, and their pro tempore is to fulfill the rest of their term—another vote during the independent convention can be called, and, through a majority vote, a new Interim Speaker can be elected to fulfill the rest of the previous Speaker's term, not the Speaker pro tempore.
  9. Upon passage of this Act, all government posts within the IFC, excluding the Prime Minister, are to be vacated, following a mass nomination period and election.

§4 – Funds and Budget Appropriations:
  1. All Member States, upon acceptance into the IFC, are required to pay a minimum of $100 million—if a Member State is incapable of paying this right away, they may either be placed on a per annum payment plan, or have a special waiver be reviewed by the IFC Council and either accepted or denied by a simple majority.
  2. To ensure that the IFC Council is not overwhelmed with budget-related bills, the IFC Council is to have the Budget and Appropriations Committee, benched by ten members and one non-voting Chair. The Chair is selected by the Speaker of the Council; the members of the Committee are decided by voted-upon nominees in the IFC Council. The Committee is charged with—
    1. Collecting membership fees;
    2. Approving commercial ventures by private corporations in IFC-related and affiliated bodies;
    3. Producing Budget Recommendations to the IFC Council, as well as how the budget is to be spent;
    4. Other such specifically budget-related matters that do not obviously overreach the intended purpose of the Committee;
  3. The Prime Minister is authorised to submit Budget Recommendations to the IFC Council, of which can be approved by a simple majority like all Budget Recommendations.

§5 – Duties and Responsibilities of Member States:
  1. All Member States of the IFC agree to come to the mutual defence of any attacked Member State, as outlined in Part 7 of the Functional Unity Act.
  2. All Member States are encouraged to partake in free trade amongst themselves, as outlined in Part 1, Section 1 of the Minimal Unity Act.
  3. All Member States agree to providing membership fees to the IFC, once upon entry as outlined in Section 2 of this Act, and any others as dictated by the Budget and Appropriations Committee and IFC Council law.
  4. All Member States agree that, upon significant sociopolitical turmoil in their nation, the IFC reserves the right to intervene on their behalf, normally by instituting a pro tempore government with a set expiration date.

§6 – Line of Succession:
  1. The line of succession for the Office of the Prime Minister, if the Prime Minister is incapable of performing their duties:
    1. Deputy Prime Minister
    2. Speaker of the Council
    3. Speaker pro tempore
    4. Defence Secretary
    5. Secretary of Foreign Affairs
  2. Should any member of the line of succession find themselves unable to execute their responsibilities for a period of time, their duties are diverted to the highest possible level in the chain of command until a permanent solution can be reached.

Signed,

[Chief Foreign Ambassador Daniel B. Entemont, The Libertarian Social Republic of Tectonix]

(OOC: There are a few resolutions that may come into conflict with this one, so I would greatly appreciate you all to call me out if that ever seems to be the case.)
Last edited by Tectonix on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:27 pm

AYE!
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Entemont chuckled. "It's good to see support for my resolution, though this assembly has not been divided."

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Alema Elfgeesh stood. "Though we may have quarrels with individual bits, we support laying a groundwork for an IFC free of corruption. We may propose an amendment though."
Long live Democracy!

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 pm

"By all means, Ms. Elfgeesh, please do air your grievances. These rules will be what this Coalition will abide by for years, and it is only fair for any potential downfalls be properly addressed."
Last edited by Tectonix on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:37 pm

"100 Million Dollars entry fee? While we did indeed pay this, we have questions on the necessity of this, and would like to know if their is any other grievances on this issue among the council?"
Long live Democracy!

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:40 pm

"Well, Mr. Speaker, to respond to Ms. Elfgeesh, I only included this since there was precedence from the previous Administrative Act. Furthermore, per annum fees are nowhere defined in the Resolution, thus making the entry fee the only fee Member States will pay, outside of any potential per annum fees instituted by the Budget and Appropriations Committee."
Last edited by Tectonix on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

OOC: Ms. Elfgeesh

"If nobody else on the council finds issue with this, we will not have any amendments. For the information of the Hatayan delegation, does the IFC have any form of a "Attack on one, attack on all" system?"
Last edited by Hatay on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Democracy!

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Entemont quickly scanned through the resolution records, suddenly surprised to note that a MDA was not stipulated anywhere.

"Well, Ms. Elfgeesh, although it is not directly stipulated, I am certain the mutual defence agreement is the precedent for such matters. Rather strange it is not stipulated anywhere to my knowledge, though."

EDIT: "The Functional Unity Act, in Section 7, Subsection 3, it is somewhat stipulated. My apologies."
Last edited by Tectonix on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Ms. Elfgeesh smiled and said, "That may be something we wish to clarify."

EDIT:

TG me
Last edited by Hatay on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Democracy!

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 pm

The Inyurstan delegation votes "Nay" to Resolution 00.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:33 pm

"We ask why the Inyurstan delegation has voted so?"
Long live Democracy!

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:The Inyurstan delegation votes "Nay" to Resolution 00.

"The Inyurstan delegation is reminded that voting is not in order at this time, since voting procedures have not been initiated."

"That being said, this is currently debate time, and we encourage them to air their clear grievances with the bill."

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:31 pm

"I'm sorry, I was unaware that the delegation from Tectonix got to say when we can vote on resolutions put forward to the floor. Regardless, our vote shall stand."

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:"I'm sorry, I was unaware that the delegation from Tectonix got to say when we can vote on resolutions put forward to the floor. Regardless, our vote shall stand."

Entemont chuckled. "I'm sorry, I was unaware the delegation of Inyourfaceistan got to vote on whatever resolution they felt like, regardless of whether voting procedures were enacted. You might as well scribble all over the resolution and declare 'I shall not erase it, the scribble stands.'"

"I ask the Prime Minister or the Speaker to resolve this clear breach of procedure swiftly, so debate may resume."
Last edited by Tectonix on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 pm

"Mr. Entemont, you are out of order. DO NOT tell other delegates when and when not they can vote. All votes are taking after the resolution is presented. Please refrain from doing so in the future." said Deputy Speaker Nakashima as he slammed the gavel down.

"The current count is 2-1."
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:32 pm

"The Roskian Republic votes Nay to Directive 00. Additionally, we would like to point out to the Tectonic delegate that the Speaker is the only person who is able to delay a vote. If the resolution was not ready for vote, you should not have displayed it."
RIP ROSKI, UNJUSTLY DELETED on 12 JULY 2016 +15,601 posts

RSS Madenska set to fully activate on October 15th
Yugoslovenski and Maldania reaffirm the Central States Alliance

Martune
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Terrod Green walks in, smiling
Admin of NS Parliament
Join: NS Parliament, a government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Who even knows what I am politically anymore

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Roskian Federation wrote:"The Roskian Republic votes Nay to Directive 00. Additionally, we would like to point out to the Tectonic delegate that the Speaker is the only person who is able to delay a vote. If the resolution was not ready for vote, you should not have displayed it."

Entemont frowned. "I stated I presented it for consideration, not for a vote. Though, if that is indeed the current procedure, I hereby remove the Resolution from the table."
New Roma Republic wrote:"Mr. Entemont, you are out of order. DO NOT tell other delegates when and when not they can vote. All votes are taking after the resolution is presented. Please refrain from doing so in the future." said Deputy Speaker Nakashima as he slammed the gavel down.

"The current count is 2-1."

Entemont grumbled. "Strange procedure indeed, Mr. Speaker, though if that is so, please refer to my previous statement."

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

"The only one that can pull Resolutions at vote would be the Speaker or Principal Deputy Speaker. But, someone can suggest edits, or make edits to this resolution, if they feel that it would make it more complete and acceptable to the varied Government Types of the International Freedom Coalition," said the Prime Minister. "Therefore, if anyone wishes to edit this legislation, they are more than welcome to. I will not," he continued, "take part in any drafting process as I feel that it would be an overstepping of any authority that the Council would appoint to my office via this new Resolution 00."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (*) 55-23-4 (114) | COL (x) 49-25-7 (105) | CHI (e) 23-52-5 (51) | VGK (x) 44-28-8 (96)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:21 pm

"If that is the case, Mr. Prime Minister, I kindly request the Speaker and Deputy Speaker to remove the resolution from the floor, at my personal request and for the extra reason that my own ignorance of the rules and procedures made me prematurely present it."

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:56 pm

"As of April 25, Resolution 00 is pulled from the floor at request of the delegation that proposed it." Nakashima banged the gavel.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:19 pm

FROM THE OFFICE OF
THE PRIME MINISTER

Mr. Timmothy Moorston
Ambassador from the Shazbotdom Empire
TO: Membership of the IFC Council
Greetings, Membership. It was a long process to rework the numbering system into what it currently is, but after work an preserverence of my personal Staff, we are now set and operational with the resolutions that are not considered the 'Concerned Resolutions'. Let us move forward from the drama of our past and continue to grow as a proud alliance that promotes FREEDOM thoughout the world. With that, as the power vested in me by Resolution 39 (Now renumbered as Resolution 21), I hereby am stating taht the aforementioned resolution is considered Expired. Thank you for your time.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 pm

"I would like to bring to the councils attention an alliance consisting of some of the worst scum in existence. An alliance that gives its citizens little to no freedoms. We need to discuss what to do about this 'Iron Alliance'."
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates