NATION

PASSWORD

International Freedom Coalition (OOC, IFC/apps/invites only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:01 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
FROM THE OFFICE OF
THE PRIME MINISTER

Mr. Timmothy Moorston
Ambassador from the Shazbotdom Empire
(Image)
TO: Current Applicants

Kustgebied
It is the decision of this Administration that your nation has multiple problems. We have heard from multiple sources that you have caused problems previously throughout the Community. Therefore, it is my solemn duty to REJECT your Application.

did you mistake URA's echoes for 'multiple sources'
ripping off vic and siggy by being another tricolour westerner superstate

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 am

Oh, hey! I'm on the observer list now! :D

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:29 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:But even Palestine and Israel have documentation that they recognize each other.

'Recognition' in what context?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:58 am

FROM THE OFFICE OF
THE PRIME MINISTER

Mr. Timmothy Moorston

Kustgebied
We reviewed information from multiple sources. It was not just the warning of one member Newton that brought us to this decision. I'd you feel this decision was made in error, you may state your case as to why you believe you would be a good for for this alliance and give it in a diplomatic communique.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:01 pm

deleted
Last edited by Kustgebied on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:04 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Whatever happened to CASTI?

CASTI could be absorbed into the IFCMHI, and made for specifically medical based work. All these organizations will fall under the Ministry of Science. The directors of the organizations will sit on a Science Committee, with the chair being the Minister of Science. They will discuss funding for the various organizations, what direction they should go, etc.

Pillowlandia wrote:

I'd have to find it again, but I have previously put forth some ideas for a health agency.

Please do! I'd like to see it to help with the creation of the IFCMHI

Roskian Federation wrote:
Oh god, not more beaucracy

To me, it seems as if the Ministry of Science exists, but it doesn't have much of a presence. I am trying to make it more prominent. It shall be focused on bringing the IFC into areas that they have not focused on before, and help to unite the scientific community of the members states. We can get more done together than we can individually.

excuse me for being a brat (im quite good at being that), but the Ministry of Science should be abolished immediately for a decentralized competetive alternative.
RIP ROSKI, UNJUSTLY DELETED on 12 JULY 2016 +15,601 posts

RSS Madenska set to fully activate on October 15th
Yugoslovenski and Maldania reaffirm the Central States Alliance

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:05 pm

New Chilokver wrote:I can't say Lib's fears are entirely unfounded though. The majority of active, not total members tend to be members on the right of the political spectrum. As far as nations who actually support the left rather than being centrist/right wing, there are fewer. The sudden intake of applications from SACTO members doesn't really help.

hey there are some of us lefistish nations left :P

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:06 pm

New Chilokver wrote:I can't say Lib's fears are entirely unfounded though. The majority of active, not total members tend to be members on the right of the political spectrum. As far as nations who actually support the left rather than being centrist/right wing, there are fewer. The sudden intake of applications from SACTO members doesn't really help.

How many are there besides us two?
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:09 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:

How many are there besides us two?

unless laa has been booted, him/her :P

I don't remember if Chilo bb is IFC, but I'm certain he is leftistish

apparently Val is still IFC, so val too

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:24 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:How many are there besides us two?

Aus is right wing.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Aus is right wing.

I'm center/ center-left.....
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
FROM THE OFFICE OF
THE PRIME MINISTER

Mr. Timmothy Moorston
(Image)

Kustgebied
We reviewed information from multiple sources. It was not just the warning of one member Newton that brought us to this decision. I'd you feel this decision was made in error, you may state your case as to why you believe you would be a good for for this alliance and give it in a diplomatic communique.

the issues are OOC, this discussion should therefore be OOC
Last edited by Kustgebied on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Flardania wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Aus is right wing.

I'm center/ center-left.....

Yay, so their's ~5 of us.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:27 pm

Tell that minority, majority to the US house. There is always a majority and a minority.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:27 pm

International Freedom Coalition
IFC Admissions Department,
Kairaku, Flardania, Kirishima

IFC Admissions Application

National Information
Formal Nation Name: Republic of Kauthar
Shortened Nation Name: Kauthar
Demonym: Kauthan
Capital city: Fondain
National Population (RP): 9.9 Million (2013 est.)
Form of Government: Parliamentary Federal Constitutional Presidential Republic
Is your Government by the people?: Yes, through elected representatives
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state? (Far-Left/Left/Center-Left/Center/Center-Right/Right/Far-Right): Centre-Left to Centre-Right
Head of State: Mikael Favre
Head of Government: Mikael Favre
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism
Currency: Valuta
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1 NSD = 1.32 VLT
Major Exports: Agricultural Produce, Timber, Arms
Major Imports: Metals, Oil and Vehicle Parts
Language: Kauthan (French)
Brief History of your nation: The (First) Republic of Kauthar was established on June 17th 1907, with the Republican Revolt beginning. In less than a year, the Monarchy had fled, and a full democracy had been established. This democracy was met with economic problems, a far-right party called the National Traditionalist Party vowed to bring back Kauthar's glory, and when they lost the 1918 elections they staged a coup, and held power until a revolt on the 23rd of December 1926. Since then, the government has maintained stability, with the Parliament and Presidency control rotating between the centre-left, centre or centre-right factions on all but two occasions.
Map: It's an election map but o well
IIwiki page link or factbook (if you have one): working on it

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: Yes
Freedom of belief (religion): Yes
Freedom of expression: Yes
Freedom of the media: Yes
Freedom of peaceful assembly: Yes
Freedom of association: Yes
Freedom of movement: Yes
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: Yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: Yes
Freedom from slavery: Yes
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: Yes
Right to vote (The ability to vote upon reaching the age of majority): Yes
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: Yes
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: Yes
Rights of equality (Equality regardless of racial, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or mental or physical disability): Yes
Right to own property: Yes
Right to free enterprise (and to what extent?): Yes, the state only place restrictions to protect the environment and to limit the political power of corporations.
Right to innocent navigation: Yes

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of? (UL, SCP, SACTO, etc.): None
What other non-military organizations are you a part of? (ISA, UPA, etc.): League of Nations
Foreign Policy: Will not attack unless an ally is attacked first, hostile towards communist authoritarian regimes, anti-Radical Islamic regimes,
Number of active military personnel (RP): 25,000
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 230,000
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): None
Name of Military: Militaire de la Republique
Branches of Military: Forces Armées de la République, Force Aérienne de la République, Marine de la République, Forces Spéciales de la République
RP example (required - can be anything from a short paragraph on this form to a link to an RP example on another thread): https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=29161835#p29161835

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Amande Marier
Biography (optional):
Education (optional):
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: To expand and solidify our diplomatic relations across the world.
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?: Yes
Signature: _____________________________
Date:_______________________

**IFCAPP**
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Maybe because I had to work with what was available?

No you didn't. In the case of the Council resolutions, you shouldn't have included anything in that list, ergo you shouldn't have included the list at all, then Chalovsk wouldn't have had to waste time reading it. A better placeholder would have been a line saying 'LIST TO BE UPDATED'. Not that it matters very much in the grand scheme of things.

Because you didn't do anything with updating the membership list for half a year?

One month, actually. You will discover that it is more efficient to look up #IFCApp, particularly if you approve applications individually (like me) and don't feel inclined to expel members just for ceasing to exist.

And that is something that is on my list of stuff that needs to be done, and I am working out a Telegram to send to my Grand Allied Commander, but other things do take priority.

No worries, take your time!

Inyourfaceistan wrote:Thirdly, these still aren't solid metrics that can be measured, it's more of your subjective rhetorical crap; meaning, like I said before, no matter what happens you can bend your definitions and proclaim yourself right 9 months down the road.

It is characteristic of arguing with language that one uses words. Words will always be vague and mean different things to different people, but it is not my fault if as a result you don't like to use, understand, and/or interpret words in a logical context. Personally I am satisfied that most other people have at least mostly understood what I have approximately predicted, and will therefore be able to form their own judgements when the time comes.

New Chilokver wrote:Obviously I'm not so paranoid as to believe this is an effect by SACTO to sway the IFC over to their side, but this influx does mean that the left becomes increasingly marginalised in terms of votes in the council.

Well yeah, but that's how democracy works...

I think you mean that's how democracy doesn't work. Democracy does not work when the rights of minorities are not respected.

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Aus is right wing.

Indeed, that's the really funny thing about this whole argument. Ausitoria is actually in favour of things drifting to the right... except they also aren't, because they want nations to be free to choose (and also they don't want it to get out of control).
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Aus is right wing.

fooled me

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:One month, actually. You will discover that it is more efficient to look up #IFCApp, particularly if you approve applications individually (like me) and don't feel inclined to expel members just for ceasing to exist.

Actually, when I look up CTEs and see that they've been gone for 6+ months, there is no reason to keep them on the list, especially when they have <100 posts total. It's not logical. And one month? There were people that I spoke with through telegrams that have started they requested to be removed more than 6 months ago and they were still on the membership list. So no, you were not keeping up with the list as well as you claim.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:21 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Yay, so their's ~5 of us.

To be fair, there's not a lot of company in the theocratic club here either, but we've found a cosy little niche to settle into nonetheless.

Also, I'd really hate to be the annoying chap that interjects in other people's teeth-grindings, but I really don't see the benefit of return from the asinine nitpicking that's been going on above (from multiple parties, and for a good long while). We're 7 pages into the new OOC thread, and not a single one has been left unmarred by an incessant stream of insults, innuendos, slights, and general statements made in poor temper. And before any indignant upstart starts bitching "well I only said 'X' because he said 'Y," I really get people might be feeling confident in their righteous aggravation, but I'd really encourage you to discern whether the verbal bloodletting has produced any meaningful consensus or progress thus far. Not a single argument has been resolved, and frankly, it's quite hard to see the beneficent intention behind much of what's been said through all the diction dripping with self righteous contempt.

So could we please, for the love of all that's holy, let Shaz deal with custodial issues in peace for the time being (and perhaps not draw the worst possible conclusions from their unfinished state just yet)? Then, when everything's finally produced and presented as "complete," people can raise issues (constructively) that might exist. The less time Shaz has to spend flinging shit around here, the faster this whole business goes, and the faster the new administration can check off its initial janitorial issues and move onto actual policy.
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✵ Nation Name: The Sanctified Dominion of Veltria
✵ Government: Unitary One-Party Theocratic Republic
✵ Demonym: "Veltrian"
✵ Membership: ;_;
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:
District XIV wrote:Swiss's post makes me wonder why I don't make posts like dat

Yeah. They actually inspire hatred in me. That's pretty good.
Catholic, right-wing integralist with a dash of imperial hubris. Also a Tolkien nut and board game fanatic! :D

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:39 pm

The Swiss Guardsmen wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Yay, so their's ~5 of us.

To be fair, there's not a lot of company in the theocratic club here either, but we've found a cosy little niche to settle into nonetheless.

Also, I'd really hate to be the annoying chap that interjects in other people's teeth-grindings, but I really don't see the benefit of return from the asinine nitpicking that's been going on above (from multiple parties, and for a good long while). We're 7 pages into the new OOC thread, and not a single one has been left unmarred by an incessant stream of insults, innuendos, slights, and general statements made in poor temper. And before any indignant upstart starts bitching "well I only said 'X' because he said 'Y," I really get people might be feeling confident in their righteous aggravation, but I'd really encourage you to discern whether the verbal bloodletting has produced any meaningful consensus or progress thus far. Not a single argument has been resolved, and frankly, it's quite hard to see the beneficent intention behind much of what's been said through all the diction dripping with self righteous contempt.

So could we please, for the love of all that's holy, let Shaz deal with custodial issues in peace for the time being (and perhaps not draw the worst possible conclusions from their unfinished state just yet)? Then, when everything's finally produced and presented as "complete," people can raise issues (constructively) that might exist. The less time Shaz has to spend flinging shit around here, the faster this whole business goes, and the faster the new administration can check off its initial janitorial issues and move onto actual policy.

I wouldn't call myself Theocratic but does heavily influence by state religion count?
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
FROM THE OFFICE OF
THE PRIME MINISTER

Mr. Timmothy Moorston
(Image)

Kustgebied

1. kustgebied fits the entire profile of an IFC member - human rights respecting, democratic, etc.

2. aside from a few minor problems with URA, there's not much OOC conflict.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:05 pm

#Me I lean left of center
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

New Chilokver
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:00 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:How many are there besides us two?

you don't remember if I am ifc
damn, I wonder who's been speaker for the past summit and election :p
Flardania wrote:I'm center/ center-left.....

aren't u also sacto tho

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:05 pm

[nation][/nation]
New Chilokver wrote:

you don't remember if I am ifc
damn, I wonder who's been speaker for the past summit and election :p
Flardania wrote:I'm center/ center-left.....

aren't u also sacto tho

i never saw you speak except a couple times a week

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Aeyariss wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:But even Palestine and Israel have documentation that they recognize each other.

'Recognition' in what context?

Just a document stating the other's existence.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates