NATION

PASSWORD

Aeia NewsNet [Aeia Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Juznia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Juznia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:29 pm

PRIME MINISTER CONDEMNS MURDER OF HYTEK FOREIGN MINISTER
Saulius Rimša, International Correspondent

Ričardas Petrauskas has condemned the murder of Marts Matisons.

In a statement this evening the Prime Minister has condemned "in the strongest possible terms" the murder of Mart Matisons, the Hytek Minister of Foreign Affairs, in Donhaven and has called for all parties to get back to the negotiating table.

Mr Matisons was murdered earlier today whilst walking along the street in Donhaven, Crethia. So far Crethian police have yet to attach any motive or suspects to the case but that didn't stop the Hytek government from accusing the Juznik Liberation Army, an organisation which ceased to exist following the war of liberation, of carrying out the attack.

The murder of Mr Matisons has provoked fear that Juznia and Hytekia may be on the course towards war but the Prime Minister has said he will "do all he can to stop this from becoming a reality". He also said that "Juznia remains committed to a peaceful resolution to the ongoing tensions and will continue to push for that to be realised. However, we are prepared for any possibilities and will consult with our neighbours, friends and allies to ensure that in the case of Hytek aggression we will be safe. Juznia will not be the ones that fire the first shots".

Despite the Prime Minister clearly showing his opposition to military conflict this hasn't stopped Chancellor Donal Menzies of Crethia from saying that Hytekia and Juznia "look ready to go to war".

Following the murder there have been reports of troop and equipment movements by the Juznik Armed Forces, particularly in the south of the country. Responding to this the Ministry of Defence said that "we are ensuring that the Juznik Armed Forces are prepared for anything that may occur. However, we remain committed to the various agreements and will not enter the demilitarised zone along the Juznia-Hytekia border."

Tudonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tudonia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Sigärener Tagesblatt

HomeDomesticInternationalPoliticsEconomyHealthsee moresearch…
Article by Lucas Wagner, 29/07/2019

TUDONIA CALLS FOR DEËSCALATION

SIGAIREN, Tudonia. The past days have been dominated by growing tensions in Alemannia, especially between Juznia and Hytekia. After the recent explosion at the embassy in Leckum that left many dead or injured, the Tudonian government has now finally reacted in an official manner to the tensions in Alemannia.

In a press conference this morning, Irena Aleuder, Tudonian speaker of parliament, told both national and international press that the Tudonian Kingdom does not wish to see these tensions to escalating into a serious conflict. She especially condemned the role of Hytekia in this conflict, as a Hytekian forces entered the DMZ, calling it “unacceptable” and saying it was “an act of escalation, of aggression”.

Though Aleuder has called for deëscalation, her speech implied that the Tudonian government stands with Juznia in this conflict. The tone of Queen Elizabeth Vesperia IX in her interview with the Amerthal Courrier was similar. “For years, we were glad that Alemannia was peaceful. For years, we thought we had all come to recognize that war is not the way to go,” she said, continuing: “It saddens me that the peace we all longed for might be lost because of the idiocy and childish behaviour that some political figures and terrorists display.” Later, she addressed the explosion, condemning not only the bombing, but also Hytekian responses.

“As much as I, and I think I can speak for the Tudonian people as a whole here, do not approve of the bombings that brought the death of ordinary people and the injury of many more, those who use this tragic attack to their own political gain, to push their own narrative and agenda, are despicable humans and should be criticized heavily. As much as I urge Juznia to take actions against those responsible for violence against Hytekians, I also urge Hytekia to not to further escalate it. We all should strive towards preventing this from further spiralling out of control. We still have a chance to prevent this from turning into a war, yet some Hytekian politicians and Juznian nationalists seem to find it acceptable behaviour to continue escalation. Those, who do not speak out for peace, will have some responsibility should this become a war, but those, who actively escalate this, will have blood on their hands. It speaks not good of the state of Hytekian politics if so many are willing to see soldiers killed in a pointless conflict out of hatred. Let us not pretend like there would not be any civilian casualties because there would, and let us not pretend like each and every soldier — be he Hytekian or be be Juznian — is a human being with a heart, a life and most likely a family and friends who would suffer with him in his pain and wounds and who would cry tears at his grave should be die. Yes, the same is true for everyone who was in the Hytekian embassy, the same is true for the ethnic Hytekians murdered in Juznia, and, the same is true for anyone else to whom this conflict has or will hit, however, should these deaths from hatred be met with more death from hatred? After the Second Great War, Tudonia committed to pacifism, unless there was no other way, and I am fully behind this policy dictating or foreign relations. Tudonia will support a diplomatic solution to this, however, we should all not hesitate from protecting our values, and, above all else, innocent lives. I, for one, see these values and a commitment to deëscalation and diplomacy in Juznia, even if Hytekia ignores these deliberately. And it is this Hytekian ignorance and aggression that might very well decide which side Tudonia picks, should it see itself forced to pick.”

Since the interview, many have come out in support of her Majesty. Police estimates that at least twenty thousand people have protested for peace in Sigairen alone this morning. Circa three thousand have gathered to a spontaneous memorial for the lives that have been lost.

OTHER HEADLINES

• Liveticker: Bombing Hytekian Embassy in Leckum
  • Sigairen: Parade and Fireworks at the Schetteberg Folk Festival to celebrate 1'500 Years of Sigairen
  • Veleaç: Is Communism really over yet?
  • Travel: The most beautiful Railway Stations of Navack
  • Domestic: Weiszkirchen-Killer caught
  • Domestic: 14 injured after Woman set fire to Residential Building in Estey
  • Wadersborn: Manuscripts from the Time of the Alydianization found in Cathedral
    click to show more headlines

WEATHER

click to show map

TRAFFIC

click to select region

Tudonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tudonia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:33 am

Sigärener Tagesblatt

HomeDomesticInternationalPoliticsEconomyHealthsee moresearch…

Article written by Anton Zinnman
13/08/2019

MOBILIZATION OF THE TUDONIAN ARMED FORCES!
As the conflict in Alemannia does not seem to calm down, the Tudonian government prepares for further escalation by mobilizing its army.

SIGAIREN, Tudonia. During the night from Monday to Tuesday, the Tudonian Armed Forces have officially started mobilizing, with a special focus on the West the country. Over the course of the last few days, residents across several provinces have reported an increase in military presence and in military activity, eventhough Minister of Defense, Vladislav Vakregov, has announced this not to happen until Friday, July 16th.

The mobilization of the Tudonian Reichswehr has been announced by Irena Aleuder, speaker of the Tudonian parliament, after the Reichstag has given a green light for King Thomas’ III (who for some reason links to King Julian on iiwiki) plans. Preceding this, the King had given a speech, expressing his wish for all involved parties to deëscalate the situation lest it become a war, but also calling the actions and comments of some people in regards to it “unacceptable”.

“In the end, this conflict will be judged by how we have behaved before it escalated fully; Have we tried to have peaceful talks or have we ignored the tries of others and instead provoked?,” he said in an interview with Tudonia Today, “As of right now, we still have the chance to resolve this issue like adults competent to lead a nation and use diplomacy. We, however, must not be surprised if this does not happen and we get into what basically could down to a pointless large-scale first fight with explosions. In case it continues like it has for the past few weeks, we need to be prepared for this very thing, unfortunately. That is why I have, with the official support of the Minister of Defense and the Tudonian Parliament, ordered for the mobilization of the Tudonian Armed Forces in Western Tudonia. This is an action that I hoped I would never need to have to do ever again in my reign and the one thing that saddens me even more is that I am fairly certain that I, at one point, will have to declare a state of emergency.”
On the question regarding Tudonian involvement in case of a war, King Thomas III told: “As my wife has already said before, the Tudonian Kingdom will those who defend our values and strive for peace. To anyone, it should be obvious that the People’s Republic of Hytekia is not doing this at all and is instead provoking further escalation and has done so for quite some time now. Juznia, on the other hand, has mostly tried to deëscalate the situation. Tens of thousands of Juznians have protested for peace, which Hytekian press and government seems to willfully ignore, instead talking about the violent minority of Juznians filled with hatred — not, however, for the violent minority of Hytekians. In case of war, we see ourselves forced to support Juznia and I hope that the rest of Northern Asura does so as well. I especially urge Kustlān and or brothers in Mascylla to help Juznia and not to tolerate Hytekian aggression.”

Yesterday, the ministry of foreign affairs has issued a travel warning for both the People’s Republic of Hysteria and for Republic of Juznia, issuing all Tudonian citizens to leave Hytekia immediately and those who plan to travel to it to cancel their journeys.

OTHER HEADLINES

• Domestic: Family of 5 missing in Waldau (South Falia)
  • Sigairen: 1'500 Years Jubilee of City’s Founding — a List of Celebrations
  • Sigairen: Historic Tram Line: last Day of Service about to come
  • Tanaus: Major Construction on Motorway — A1 closed for Traffic between T-Auleben and T-Nachtenau until Friday
  • Domestic: He killed 52 People — Weiszenkirchen-Killer faces Capital Punishment
  • Comment: Fœlisk — ’t Fœlenländ’s Prate: Wie sküeten de Politiker unsre Språke nueg?
  • Wadersborn: Fight against the Drought in one of Tudonia’s largest urban Nature Reserves
click to show more headlines

WEATHER

click to show map

TRAFFIC

click to select region

Kelenoa
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelenoa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 am

Last edited by Kelenoa on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:04 am

Frosch Urges Restraint Over Hytek-Juznian Affair, Prepares for Unrest
Ester Laranieida
13 Borgemánnu, 2019 | Sangashámman

Director Frosch at the Kola, urging against Alriikan involvement in any Alemannian war.
While the situation in Alemannia is seeming more and more dire, the Ringet seems to be devoted to refusing any Alriikan involvement in the situation, citing "historical devotion" to peace and neutrality in the region.
'The situation between the resident states of Alemannia, including Hytekia, Juznia, and associated incidents, are not our responsibility and do not directly interfere with the sovereignty of the nation.'

While the Ringet has declined direct or specific condemnation for any actions done by the states involved, the Director was clear to denounce any senseless acts of violence. In an interview with Ođđasat, she stated as such.

'There is not cause, no reason, or any notion, to senselessly trudge along a path of antagonism and zealotry. For now, Alriika remains concerned only for its own self defence, however we will be monitoring the situation closely and will encourage diligence and diplomacy for all involved states. If Hytekia or Juznia are truly willing to keep Alemannia free of war, they will do what is right. The same is to be said for the international community. War is not a natural thing. It is a conflict forced upon others, by others. Pray we see past it.'

The Director was also clear to address the already escalated conflict, and the need for the Alriikan Naval Defence (AMB) to prepare itself for possible attacks on ethnic Hyteks or Juzniks in Alriika.

'I do find it unsettling that so much has happened in such a short amount of time. I am not blind to the unrest in the two nations already. The sheer scale of violence committed here warrants a solemnity in resolve. I am asking the AMB to prepare for an escalation in patrols in search of terrorism, and, if worst comes to worst, refugees fleeing any soon to come crisis. The possibility of the aftershock of war reaching out shores isn't lost on me and I will be making sure the AMB has any tools they need to keep Alriika safe.'

Ođđasat then asked if tourists or Foreign Affairs personnel needed to be cautious when entering Hytekia or Juznia.

'I would be very cautious. For now I am directing the Department of Foreign Affairs to issue a travel warning for citizens traveling or staying in Hytekia or Juznia. We will also be implementing additional security measures for flights, shipments, or ferries from the two states. I assure you that this is a temporary measure and will be lifted as soon as the situation calms itself.'

She did not discuss deeper what those measures entailed.

Image 23 Comments
MORE HEADLINES
  • ENVIRONMENT: A Memorial to the First Dead Glacier Soon to be Erected [ 6326 ]
  • Who Was Sivn Turi? New Evidence Unearthed Regarding the Mysterious Figure [ 1910 ]
  • OPINION: A Peaceful, Easy Life Hasn't Made us Happy. Perhaps It's Time to Give War a Chance. [ 4083 ]
  • SPORTS: Don't Expect Coach Siiggur to be Manager of the National Team Next Season. [ 5391 ]
  • WEATHER: For New Alriikans, Here's The Top Ways to Overcome The Fatigue Associated with the Midnight Sun. [ 2353 ]

© Ođđasat Media, 2019
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda
"What are we gonna do on the bed, Max Barry?"
The Sentinel:Honestly I am looking for a better signature format because this one is hot garbage
Please look at these if you wish to comment on my nation. NS Stats are not the best.

Liberimery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberimery » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Headlines | Politics | Local | National | World | Sports | Tech | Opinion

Breaking: Office of Foreign Affairs Issues Travel Warning As War in Northern Asura Looms

Grand Sachem City, Liberimery- The Office of Foreign Affairs has issued a general warning to citizens currently traveling in Hytekiea and Juznia and a travel advisory to all travelers to the Alemannia Region of Asura. This marks the first time in a years that the foreign office issued a general warning for any region of Asura since the Midrasian-Veleazian conflict.

Peace talks ended abruptly today after the Hytekian Foreign Minister was today assassinated at a peace conference in the Crethian Capital of Donhaven. Ambassador General Quinton Schroeder was in attendence as part of the CDN representation for the conference and briefly expressed disappointment in the turn of events, "Well it's always a sad day when peace dies suddenly when hopes were so high. I don't think war is inevitable after this, but I can understand why those who do will think that way. The path to peace was narrowed significantly today. And now we must carefully watch our paths."

A spokesperson for the Office of Foreign Affairs gave further details, explaining that the Ambassador General's other leaplans for travel in Asura, including stops in Cuirpthe, Midrasia, and Veleaz. She also stated that Schroeder had expressed his confidence in Crethia's handling of the investigation and rebukes to criticisms of the Federal Police's protection details. Schroedor gave glowing praise for the security attached to him and said he would assume Minister Matisons' detail was no less adequate for the task until evidence to the contrary was assigned. He also rare words of encouragement for Crethia's Secratary of Interior Rubert Hararaldsen, saying that he hopes rumors of Secretary Hararaldsen's resignation are just that and that, if he was in the position of the PM, he would not accept any letter from Haraldsen for his handling of the entire situation.

President General Ryan Lindsey offered rare comment on foreign affairs, condemning the violence in no uncertain terms, "While we applaud the Juznik government for committing to honoring a push for peace and not moving into the demiliterized border region. We also recognize that the government has not offered support or aid to the Juznik Liberation Army and roundly condemned them. It should be clear that the JLA is not engaged in the best interests of the people of Juznia, who sought peace and understanding, but through the JLA's despicable actions, now face the specter of war. Through their rash and horrific actions, the JLA has condemned their people and their children to early graves and more hardship."

The President General was much harder on Hytek and condemned the military movement into their side of the DMZ. Lindsey also called on Hytek to return to the talks and his commitment to finding a solution.

"As a wise man once said, 'We should do everything to get two enemies to the table to talk, and once there, we should do everything to get them to keep talking," Lindsey concluded, "'Even bitter enemies can agree that it is hard to kill someone who you are talking too."

The President General was later seen arriving to an unscheduled meeting at First Speaker Jakayla Powell's office in the National Assembly Building, fueling speculation that the situation on the other side of the Opal is being watched closely. Sources close to the Powell's Office suggested that the Ministery of the Treasury may be tapped to begin investigations into JLA assests in Liberimery. A source inside the Presidential Mansion also confirmed that fiscal investigation of foreign non-state actors' domestic holdings were to be discussed, but declined to confirm any specific organizations.

Juznia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Juznia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am

POLICE ARREST 17 OVER MURDER OF HYTEK FAMILY, GOVERNMENT CONDEMNS HYTEK GOVERNMENTS ESCALATION OF SITUATION
Saulius Rimša, International Correspondent

Police have arrested 17 suspects over the murder of a Hytek family.

Today police arrested 17 suspects, 15 men and 2 women, over the murder of a Hytek family in Laukapė on the 27th of July. The Ministry of Justice has said that sufficient evidence has been collected to prosecute all of those arrested by the police.

The Chief of National Police, Česlovas Kleiza, also issued a statement apologising to the family of those murdered. In it he said that "the inaction and slow response of the police has been a stain on this service and I want to apologise sincerely to the family of the deceased. We should have taken this much, much more seriously and we will do so in the future in the sad event that a similar situation may arise again. Our job is to protect all people, regardless of their ethnic group, and we failed in our mission."

The government also released a statement in response to the arrests and in response to the current escalating situation with Hytekia. "The government of Juznia strongly condemns any and all hate crimes, including those against the Hytek residents and citizens of Juznia. We also condemn the provocative actions undertaken by the Hytek government in their decision to send members of the Hytek armed forces into the demilitarised zone set up on our border following the end of the Grobina Wars. We hope that a new path can be found to ensure peace and slowly build trust between our two nations. Violence is not and never has been the want of this government and we hope the government of Hytekia feels the same."

It is understood that diplomats from Hytekia, Juznia, Kustlân, Crethia and the Commonwealth of Democratic Nations will be meeting in Donhaven soon to try and restart talks following the murder of Marts Matisons, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Hytekia.

Brilinako
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brilinako » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:22 am

Republic of Saint Cyriaca: come for the beaches and stay to register your boat, website and offshore company
A Nyunsu: Calls for impeachment of President Shuttleworth increase after statement calling for "preventing a generation of tomboys and tomgirls" - Krinskin man arrested at airport after discovery of bag filled with cocaine labeled "bag filled with cocaine" - NU merges with ruling WSE party

Lopimina
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lopimina » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:23 am

COMMUNIST PARTY, RAGACIN COMMITTEE SEE GAINS IN ELECTION, ZINATNE LEAGUE LOSES ALL SEATS

August 20, 2019

Gailis addresses the press after a convincing landslide victory

Valstsistaba, Pekrasta, PR Hytekia - Hytek politician Romass Gailis wins his fourth consecutive term as President of Hytekia in a landslide election victory which saw his Communist Party of Hytekia win a staggering 397 of the 417 available seats (95.2%), with 6 seats switching from the People's Front to the Communist Party in Krasno alone. The overwhelming majority achieved by the Communist Party marks the largest majority in both Hytek and Hytekojuznik history, the next closest being Muceniece's 1970 campaign which saw him net 517 of the 546 available seats (94.7%). The results come as the Fifth National Assembly under Gailis made staggering advances for the Hytek people and the nation of Hytekia against the nations of Alemannia when advances were made that threatened the nation. Gailis made sure that the nation of Hytekia and its people were made safe by completing a necessary re-occupation of the Hytek-Juznik border and the completion of an alliance with Veleaz, one of Hytekia's oldest allies.

Among the gains by the Communist Party, there were extreme losses. The STEM-focused Zinatne League lost all eleven of their seats, with eight of them going to the militarist Ragacin Committee - who get their name from the medieval Hytek empire. The Ragacin Committee now control 15 of the 417 seats in the Valstsistaba, one of the largest for a People's Front member party. Its leader, ex-soldier Ilvars Pusvacietis, a somewhat extreme militarist, has been regarded as one of Asura's most foregoing pro-war politicians, regarding it as "a necessary to rid the world of the modern evils of greed and gluttony". Nevertheless, their presence is sure to progress and strengthen the Hytek war preparations in wake of crimes against the Hytek people by the Juznik government, who have since condemned the actions, and escalations by the neighbouring country of Tudonia, who mobilised their forces on the Hytek border touting a thinly-veiled excuse of "safety", an excuse which Gailis has already addressed as the "warmongering values espoused by a nation thinking only of itself".

People of Hytekia, welcome the new government in the streets! Show your support! Arm yourselves and your family for the war effort! Hytekia shall never fall in the face of oppressors!

Last edited by Lopimina on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Onza » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Onza calls for calm, de-escalation in Hytekojuznia

The President seemed to express an interest in international involvement to aid in de-escalation.
By Alhaji Isma'il, Staff Writer

KUNTA, ONZA - In the wake of the apparent assassination of Hytek Foreign Minister Marts Matisons at a conference organized by Crethian diplomats to orchestrate a peaceful agreement, President Ihejirika issued a call for "calm" and "de-escalation" while also implying that he would be consulting allies to assess the viability of international involvement. This call comes amid the sustained rise in tensions the East Asuran region has experienced as a result of the conflict.

Ihejirika also took the rare move of discouraging citizens from traveling to either Hytekia or Juznia "for as long as tensions in the region continue to boil over." He also indicated that the advisory may be extended to other Alemmanic nations pending an assessment by the Ministry of State.

The Commonwealth of Democratic Nations had representatives present at the Crethian-organized Donhaven Summit, but hopes for an agreement collapsed with the apparent assassination of Hytekia's Marts Matisons, the nation's Foreign Minister. Ihejirika said that the CDN "may be the best body for aiding in the effort to create a lasting peace," but also said he was aware of the delicate nature of such conflicts. "The abridged version is that we simply have to contemplate a number of potential things before getting involved. That last thing anybody wants is to be burned by unforeseen consequences."
Economic growth due to privatization may be short-lived, economists warn

The recent cycle of economic growth may be on its way to an end, a new report endorsed by several economists suggests.
By Rahman Tesfaye, Staff Writer

KUNTA, ONZA - Privatization under the Ihejirika administration has been a key concern for economists since it began just months into his presidency, but a macro-level assessment of recent metrics seems to suggest that the economic benefits of this policy move may be fleeting.

Since Onza began privatizing many of its industries -- particularly those centered around natural resources -- in the early months of Ihejirika's presidency, there have been positive signs for the economy that the President has often touted as an indication that privatization has been beneficial. The new report, however, seems to cast these benefits in a new light, suggesting that they are "short-term gains in exchange for long-term declines." The report specifically points to the growth in GDP as a result of so-called "surge investments," or the initial investments that private parties make into the companies they are buying from the government. "Within a few years, our data finds that this growth will fall through and perhaps even reverse as firms bought from the government are converted into profit-making businesses to varying degrees of success," Dr. Qasim Lanre -- one of the report's primary authors -- said in a phone interview with the OCNA. "Our point is that these initial benefits are possibly misleading, and that it isn't good public policy to go back on the original commitment to try privatization first and only commit when we know the effect it has on the economy."

Ihejirika's moves to privatize were born from an effort to craft bipartisan appeal. On one hand, the reduction in government spending earned the support of the Liberal Party whilst the Soc Dems saw potential in the ability to repurpose the newly-freed funds to other programs that have gone without funding increases for some time. While there have been little immediate ramifications to upset either side (with the exception of growing income inequality), hardline Dem Socs have been vocally opposed to the efforts. A smaller sect of Liberals see the moves as pointless so long as the saved funds are repurposed instead of paid towards the national debt, which appeared again in 2012 under President Kojo and has since been growing.

A key caveat attached to Ihejirika's plans that secured much support among the Dem Socs was the promise that privatization would be a test at first -- a slow and meticulous act with experts constantly assessing and reassessing potential impacts. Some view recent moves to privatize -- such as the controversial privatization of much of Onza's oil to just two newly-formed oil companies -- as an affront to this promise.
Other stories
  • Performance of Onzaian Football Team at Copa "abysmal," world says.
  • Mysterious figure on doorbell camera in Kunta has police "staying frosty."
  • OPINION: Let's talk about the word pancreas and why it is an affront to everyone's ears.
  • Global initiative underway to improve iiWiki's viability as an academic source; current state "unreliable at best," experts say.
© Sadagh Media Group
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

Brilinako
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Brilinako » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am

Republic of Saint Cyriaca: come for the beaches and stay to register your boat, website and offshore company
A Nyunsu: Calls for impeachment of President Shuttleworth increase after statement calling for "preventing a generation of tomboys and tomgirls" - Krinskin man arrested at airport after discovery of bag filled with cocaine labeled "bag filled with cocaine" - NU merges with ruling WSE party

Juznia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Juznia » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:22 pm

'NOW I SEE DAYLIGHT': GATZKE RETURNS WITH 'FOREVER AND EVER'

The album has been hailed as her 'best offering yet' by some critics.

Yesterday Gatzke Stienstra released her most recent album and 8th album called 'Forever and Ever' with fans and many critics falling in love. The Kustlandic singer-songwriter sensation described the album as 'perhaps the most personal album I've ever made. I bared my all and gave my all'. The release has followed a months long publicity campaign where she has taken over television shows, radio stations and the internet.

The hashtag #foreverandever was trending on chirper in Aleia, Crylante, Cuirpthe, Glanodel, Juznia, Kustlân, Liiduria, Mascylla, Midrasia, Navack, Tudonia and elsewhere across Asura. Chirper users were sharing theories on each song and pointing out clues that Gatzke left in the video for the albums title track, which dropped late Thursday night. Most speculated that the songs were about Gatzke's Crylantian boyfriend, Fouje Cørølne, which seems to make sense based on the couple seemingly going from strength to strength in recent months.

Many critics have praised the album as cementing Gatzke's 'evolution from emotional teen songstress to strong female icon'. The album starts off with the upbeat 'Indifference', thought by many to reference her moving on from all her past feuds and her critics, and is finished off with 'Daylight', a song truly showing how she's moved on and is now in a much better place. In between we see 'No Rules', thought by many to be her next hit, as well as 'Forever and Ever', 'The Man', 'Helpless', 'Paper Rings', 'Lentini Boy', 'Cause You Have To', 'Religion's On Your Lips', 'Can You Just Stop' and 'You'll Never Find Another' along with some other certified bops.

A new Gatzke is here and we love her. The Stanstra's should be proud of the biggest album of the year, their girl is at the top of her game and she shows no sign of slowing down.

Lopimina
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lopimina » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:43 pm

GAILIS DEAD AT 58, DRUG OVERDOSE

August 24, 2019

Gailis was last seen with his daughter on August 23

Uzdzīve District, Krasno, Hytekia - Hytek President and communist politician Romass Gailis has been found dead at the age of 58 at a nightclub in the Uzdzīve District in Krasno, Hytekia. The 58-year-old's death has been confirmed by Hytek authorities who responded to an urgent call at around 5:18am local time. Gailis was found with a syringe in his arm and frothing at the mouth, with authorities later confirming his death was due to an overdose of heroin. Coming so soon after Gailis' landslide victory in the elections a few days ago, his death has plunged the People's Republic into turmoil with a leadership struggle almost immediately beginning, but many seem to be pledging allegiance to social democrat Rita Medne, who has promised a referendum on the country's left-wing future. Medne would not only become the first female in history to lead Hytekia, but would simultaneously become the first non-Communist Party member to do so, being an independent politician.

While Medne's views are more moderate compared to her predecessors, she seems to represent a majority of people in the Alemannic country. Her promises of a referendum have resonated throughout the community and many ex-communist politicians have come out to support the 36-year-old's campaign. The country has endured a brutal and authoritarian communist regime for the past 106 years, since the country underwent a communist revolution in 1913. Since then, Hytekia has plummeted from relevancy on the world stage and has struggled to keep itself afloat, succumbing to corruption, poverty and widespread crime. Of this crime, the Hytek street gang Lost Boys have emerged as a prime suspect in the politician's death. Fingers were quick to be pointed to the thirty-year-old criminal conglomerate as a likely source of the heroin Gailis overdosed on, although the sale was not likely malicious. Gailis' death was ruled a suicide on 6:07am, forty minutes after police first responded to the urgent call for help, and the country is expected to enter a three-day period of mourning, as is tradition for the death of its leaders.

But it remains to be seen how the country will respond to the death of its admittedly archaic leader, who espoused policies more akin to the time of the Great War and despised modernism and globalism in its forms, for seemingly no reason. Hytekia has emerged from its communist cocoon, however, with attempts to cooperate with the rest of Alemannia being seen in the HGZ construction, Alemannair links and the beginning of the Donhaven talks, it seems the people of Hytekia have truly come to fruition, but not in the way the communists expected, many say the liberation of Hytekia - and with it the likely end to the Hytekojuznik crisis - comes near, but what happens in the country can be quite surprising and unexpected, if the last week is anything to go by.

Musdienu ©, 2019

Juznia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Juznia » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:26 am

The Newspaper of the Juznik Diaspora
NINE VYSTYMASIS MEMBERS QUIT TO FORM NEW ANTI-GOVERNMENT PARTY, CALL FOR PETRAUSKAS TO RESIGN

Giedrė Briedienė, a member of the group, speaking to reporters.

Today 9 members of Vystymasis, Juznia's governing party, quit in protest of the government and called on Prime Minister Ričardas Petrauskas to resign. The group announced that they would be founding a new party called the Alydian Democratic Centre that "stands for Alydian values, international co-operation, economic prosperity and peace".

In a speech to the press, Giedrė Briedienė, the wife of former President Kazimieras Briedis and the former Minister of the Economy, said that "Vystymasis has become an increasingly authoritarian party which promotes a toxic form of nationalism. I originally joined the Vystymasis as I thought it was the party that best represented my beliefs in a prosperous economy and Alydian social values but this has been proven wrong. I held back during the massive anti-government protests that we have seen in recent weeks but the impending arrival of a new, democratic regime in Hytekia has only further shown to me that it's time to move on. We need a true democracy in Juznia, not a one-party state which masquerades as a democracy."

The new party says that it will run candidates in the upcoming parliamentary elections which have been labelled as "the biggest challenge to Vystymasis' control of Juznia since the 2002 elections". It remains to be seen if it will be able to field a full slate of candidates with candidate registrations closing soon ahead of an October polling date. However, sources close to the party have disclosed that the party "has a well-off backer" who is "prepared to do all it takes to get them back into parliament".

The Alydian Democratic Centre will face stiff competition from the Socialist and Democratic Party and the Reform Party, which have both seen an influx of support in the wake of anti-government protests.

Ostry
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostry » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:48 am

Brilinako
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Brilinako » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:34 am

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Home » News » Politics

WHAT THE ELECTION RESULTS MEAN FOR PORTAS
The Reform Bloc and Portas maintain a slim majority in the Public Assembly, but what does this mean for 2021?

The new make up of the Public Assembly:
PP - 116 (-18)
PSD - 106 (+8)
LL - 27 (-14)
LM - 21 (+8)
SPV - 14 (+2)
PV - 6 (-1)
--------------
PR - 127 (+11)
LD - 37 (-31)
UDA - 59 (+12)
MP - 52 (+23)
PL - 7 (+1)
LOTRIC, MIDRASIA - Consul Melcion Portas' Reform Bloc coalition may have maintained a slim majority of 4 within the Public Assembly during the 2019 mid-term elections, but does this spell danger for his future as Consul of Midrasia? Perhaps. Though these early warning signs may be sufficient to set the alarm bells off within the Consul's re-election campaign as they gear up for 2021.

The elections saw Portas' own Progressive Alliance lose a total of 18 seats, dropping to the second-largest party in the lower house at the expense of the Republicans who now stand tall on 127. Despite cheers from the blue corner of parliament, this number proved insufficient to take control of the business of the house, as the PSD were also able to rebound from their post-Vauban low point to pass the 100 mark once again to land at 106. The Liberal League were the biggest losers within the Reform Bloc however, landing on 27 seats, their lowest total in some time. Many have put this shift away from conventional centrist policies down to growing anger about perceived government inactivity when tackling issues such as inequality, climate change, and international interventionism. The Mountain were big winners in the Reform Bloc, surpassing 20 seats for the first time in their history, whilst the Greens unfortunately fell to 6.

In the Chartist Bloc, Midrasia First were by far the biggest winners, as they now sit on 52 seats, a considerable parliamentary force. The UDA surpass the Democrats to become the second-largest party in the bloc behind the Republicans with 59, whilst the Democrats had to settle for 37, a disappointing total. Liberty gained one seat and now sit on 7. Though whilst the Chartists were able to gain a considerable sum of seats, they will be cursing their inability to take control of the Public Assembly.

Nevertheless, this will come a good sign for the Chartists. With 2021 not far away it is clear that there is considerable disquiet about the Portas administration, and the Consul may be in for a tough battle in the coming years. Polls suggest that whilst the Consul may have succeeded in his social agenda domestically, he has left much to be desired in terms of economics and foreign policy. Among many circles, Portas is seen as too pro-business, leading many traditional working-class voters to turn away from the Progressives towards the Mountain, the UDA, or even Midrasia First. A perceived friendliness towards immigration is further driving voters towards Midrasia First, whilst his foreign policy, particularly in regards to the Darkwater Irons deal, leasing Argois Harbour to an Ajerri company, has led many to turn their backs on the Consul.

Who Portas's challenger will be remains to be seen. Lucatiel Lorrett, who contested the 2017 campaign, has already brushed aside the idea of running once again. Current Republican front-runner appears to be Senate Minority leader Christian Boissieu who has already announced he will be seeking the Chartist nomination. However, with the rise of Midrasia First it is possible that a new candidate may be able to challenge the Republicans to the slot, whether it be Claude Foucault again, or somebody else. Portas may hope that his opponent's national divisiveness is enough to sway the public to his favour, but he will need to do a lot more to get them on his side in time for 2021.

MORE HEADLINES
  • Midrasia First, the new National Coalition? Or worse? [ 1423 ]
  • WECO election heats up [ 1072 ]
  • Why dogs are better than cats [ 942 ]
  • Various nationals reported missing, presumed fled [ 504 ]
  • Is rare steak an abomination? (Yes it is) [ 345 ]
    © Esquile de la Libertat 2005-2020
Last edited by Midrasia on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Veleaz
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Veleaz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:22 am

Image[/align]

COMMUNIST GUERRILLAS; A THREAT?
As rumours about neo-communist groups grow, we investigate their credibility
Newly trained Veleazan soldiers are increasingly taking over CDN patrol duties
Jaulín- It's been nearly a year since the end of the Triskaideka War, athe climax of nearly a century of fighting between communist Veleaz and its democratic and capitalist neighbours. It resulting in the metaphorical stomping and humiliation of both Veleaz and the Communist Party, which spent decades espousing how war would result in the total victory in Veleaz. In short, it followed a quicker route as the Veleazan theatre in the First Great War. As the defeated, Veleaz was handed over and fears set in as to the retribution the victors would reap over the nation. Yet the opposite happened. We were given aid, construction assistance, as well as economic and medical help. We were even given the ability to write our own constitution and redefine who we were as a nation and, as the election of Amaro Rodríguez shows, we were ready to take our first steps into the new and modern world.

However, despite all the leaps and bounds that Veleaz has made throughout the last year, such as the repairing of most major roadway, the upgrading of its rail infrastructure, the development of a five-year plan for its economic recovery (reliant on expanding Veleaz's trade relations with both its immediate neighbours, and those abroad), there are some that disregard the modern state, that paint it as a corrupt, self-centred regime controlled by bureaucrats in Lotric. These are the anti-reformistas, or as they refer to themselves; the Legion Roja.

La legión roja at the moment is just a conglomerate of circulating rumours of a large, armed, and dangerous force made up of dissident Veleazan communists, led by whatever Party member was able to escape the clutches of the mass arrest of previous party leaders. Currently, the most popular leader figure is Jordi Valverde, previously in charge of the Party's conscription policy before fleeing as the CDN began to approach Tolvas.

While currently a series of tales, the threat that they could hypothetically pose is significant and is being treated as such by the ODI (Oficina de inteligencia) and several rural police forces. Due to the small size of the Veleazan army, on account of it having to gain over 100,000 new volunteers and train them, all in inadequate facilities, many duties that would be held by them are instead being done by CDN soldiers, who are slowly being rolled out as the first batch of 20,000 Veleazan soldiers pass out of training. This slow replacement rate opens the door for the guerrillas to strike at both CDN soldiers and Veleazans at the same time, possibly dissuading Veleazans from enlisting in the new Armed Forces, but also the deaths of CDN personnel would begin to weigh on the politicians in their home nations, whose opposition may wield the increasing death toll as a weapon to see them forced from office and the withdrawal of these soldiers, in turn leading to Veleaz cutting short the training of its soldiers to replace them, leading to poorer and poorer quality troops. This would hamper any attempt at fighting the guerrilla's, as the Veleazan military is consistently considered to be one of the poorest equipped militaries in all of Asura, relying on gear ranging from the late 70s to late 90s, with very few things being made in the new millennium. With President Rodríguez's policy on paying for infrastructure and education taking precedence over the paying of the military, this is a fact that is unlikely to change for the foreseeable future.

Additionally, the threat they pose to the trials against former members of the communist party, especially the former dictator, could lead to a lengthy trial the state cannot afford. With the trial against Vincente having begun on the 8th of January, there has been suggestions flying around that the trials be moved abroad to a more secure location to be conducted, however the moral victory of trying Vincente in Veleaz would be lost and would paint the government as unable to protect its own prosecution service would be damaging.

Chokashia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chokashia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Vorsha Marches Toward Victory Day Parade!
Soldiers march during a Revolution Day ceremony marking the 20th anniversary of
the National-Solidarist Revolution in Chokashia

VORSHA, 21 June 2019. Each year on 21st of June, Chokashia celebrates Revolution Day, which marks the day when the National-Solidarist Union took power in Chokashia. The end of the Chokashian bourgeois republic, as the former Republic of Chokashia regime is known in the country, is still celebrated as the country's most important public holiday. Vorsha residents and tourists gathered in Chokashian capital on Friday to witness the military parade pass through city centre. Chokashia is celebrating Revolution Day with the traditional military parade on Square of the Republic. The event is used to demonstrate troop discipline and the most advanced military hardware in the country’s arsenal, but also to display the unity of the country and to show the fruits of National-Solidarist labor.

The National-Solidarist Revolution took place exactly 20 years ago in Chokashia, when members of the National-Solidarist Union party along with the help of militias and protesters seized power after a years long crisis which Chokachia found itself in during the 90's. The revolution changed the Chokashian society as a whole and transformed it from a corrupt plutocratic nation to a modern and a respectable republic.
Besides the central celebration which was ended with a military parade, Chokashia as a whole had a Week of the Revolution, a set of celebrations and events in honour of our great struggle. All institutions, educational, medical, labor syndicates, farmer unions, motherhood societies and many other held special academias. One that caught the eye of the public was the Academia of Stanislav Savin, an event organised in honour of all students who were killed during the revolution. The Academia gave awards to best students of from Chokashia.

The Vozhd of Chokashia, Vasil Melnyk during his address.

The central manifestation which was marked with a military parade ended with the speech of the Vozhd (Leader) Vasil Melnyk, who led the revolution himself as well as he leads our nation today.
Today we remember how hard one has to fight for freedom and prosperity. Today, we honor those who fell so that we may fulfill this ideal of our great Solidarist Republic. We look backwards, and see heroes fighting for their country and their compatriots, we see selfless men and women who struggled not for the sake of their own benefits, but for the sake of their family, friends, neighbours, for the sake of our society and its future. Comrades, we must not forget to look back, but we must also never forget to move forwards. The great nations of Aeia look upon us as a state which is opposed to their democratic systems, we have thrown our own away because it did not do us any good. They are not our enemies, and we do not want them to look upon us as theirs. We have shown in the last 20 years, that even though we have discarded democracy as a thing of the past we are capable of having a nation with a decent economy, a decent and uncorrupt system which benefits all. So let us be the alternative, let us have our own choice and let us choose our own future! Let us choose the future for ourselves, for our children and for this great country! Glory to Chokashia!

Noardlan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Noardlan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:57 am

COULD A MOUNT MYDROLL ERUPTION BE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER?
Volcanic seismologists warn that the dormant volcano could still pose a significant threat to residents living on the Mydroll peninsula

Mount Mydroll has long stood as a major tourist attraction in southern
Midrasia, but is its deadly reality about to be unleashed?
MYDROLL, MIDRASIA - PANIC has engulfed residents and tourists alike on the Mydroll peninsula as experts have predicted that the dormant volcano known as Mount Mydroll may erupt within the foreseeable future. No exact date has been placed on an eruption but reports suggest that the prediction is already putting off would-be tourists and leading many residents to prepare for the worst. Nevertheless, public officials have stated that there is "nothing to worry about" and that an eruption within the next few years is unlikely.

Despite these calls for calm by so-called 'experts' many well-to-do citizens are taking every precaution necessary to avoid complete catastrophe once the lava starts flowing down the hills. One resident by the name of Alexis Joanes had this to say:
"I'm doing everything necessary to save myself and my family. These politicians and mayors and whatnot don't know nothing about mother nature, and by Alydian is she coming! When I heard the news I went straight down to the estate agent, cashed in my house and booked a one-way flight to Ajerrin! I'm not saying this is the rapture, but you can never know can you? Now I better get going I've got a plane to catch!"

Local travel agents also stated that "the number of tourists has decreased since last summer" possibly suggesting that many overseas have known about a potential eruption for some time. So why are we only hearing about this now? Clearly the Portas government has significant explaining to do as to why we were not preparing for a potential catastrophe and monitoring the situation sooner. Many of the ancient buildings in the city of Mydroll could be at risk! Not to mention to natives who live in the region!

Clearly this is a grave situation and it with the utmost importance that local residents save themselves from potential death. While L'uohl would not advise its readers to panic, we would suggest that readers treat this situation with significantly hightened consternation.

MORE HEADLINES
  • Controversy over Avadanian water standards [ 2178 ]
  • Amber storm warning for Newrey and Elsouf [ 1563 ]
  • Âge CEO announces plan to ramp up electric vehicle produciton [ 1242 ]
  • Why your toaster is far deadlier that you think! [ 776 ]
  • FC Almiaro chairman calls for financial investigation into Ibbené [ 587 ]
Last edited by Midrasia on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Skjoldeland
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Skjoldeland » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pm

STUNNING ELECTORAL COMEBACK FOR CHARTISTS IN MIDTERMS
Government faces major challenge as Chartists gain 32 seats following the Midterm elections

The Chartists preformed well in Yesterday's Midterms as Progressive's lose over 20 seats nationwide. Meanwhile the Socialist Party lost all it's seats to the Reform Group and Chartists
RJUVIK, SKJOLDELAND -THE Progressive's have admitted defeat following last night's election result in which the Chartist Party has once again gained control of the Legislature and the role of PM.

In a near reversal of the 2002 Midterms the Chartists have emerged victorious after 12 years in the opposition and 5 leaders. This time Kjell Mosby has turned the so called "Purple Wave" back into the sea and will most likely become the new Prime Minister.

At the beginning of the night it seemed the Progressive's had escaped with the narrowest of majorities with many Exit Polls predicting a majority of 1 to 3. But much to Lars Ullman's horror the Chartists seemed to be gaining seats they were predicted to lose. Eventually gaining 32 new seats.

At the Progressive Party's headquarters in Kasruu panicked officials were rushed onto News networks trying to downplay the scale of the losses but their attempts were futile and we were left with a new Congress and a potentially new government.

Mosby has promised to lead a centrist government and acknowledged that the majority of the country did not choose him to be PM, his party only had 40% to 45% of the vote depending on the source as the official number will be released later tonight. Mosby who is from his party's "Original" faction is an economic centrist and socially liberal gaining much of the centre whilst the Progressive's fell to the left.

PM Ullman is expected to be replaced after serving in office since the 2017 Elections, Ullman proved politically popular with approval ratings around the 53% mark, his policies include the expansion of the welfare state, a reduction in C02 emissions and the legalisation of marijuana and cannabis. Despite this he will almost certainly either be removed by Congress or Resign as most of his predecessors have.

President Lovaas who is a member of the progressive party called the results disappointing on her chirper account once it became clear her party would lose and congratulated Mosby on his victory and said she is looking forwards to working with him for the next three years. Lovaas is currently on a family vacation near Finnheim and is due to return to Rjuvik tomorrow Evening to meet either Ullman or Mosby.

MORE HEADLINES
  • Lovaas' son skied into a fence [ 2250 ]
  • Snow storms expected to continue [ 1674 ]
  • Midrasian Volcano on brink of Eruption [ 1157 ]
  • Flights grounded after Rjuvik City airport has worst snow on record [ 0933 ]
  • Happy Single's appreciation Day [ 329 ]

Cuirpthe
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuirpthe » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:06 pm

21 February, 2020

Home | Cuirpthe | Politics | Economy | Sports | Entertainment | Technology | International
NEW | CUI | GOI | MID | LIL

BACK TO THE MOON
Project Liris will see its first test in lunar orbit next week.
The Liris Capsule at St. Aratoír Space Center
St. Aratoír - After years of meticulous research and a difficult battle for funding, it appears A4 has finally made preparations for a test flight of its next generation Liris capsule in lunar orbit. The spacecraft, modeled after the Midrasian Galios command module that once brought man to Aeia's moon, is designed not only for the 3 day trip to the moon, but also for the long and difficult journey to Minerva. To accomplish this, the vessel is equipped with cutting edge technology that will allow its crew of six astronauts to survive the rigors of not only trans-lunar, but interplanetary travel.

The journey to Monday's historic launch has been a difficult one. The Galios program achieved its goal just over 50 years ago, and following it, many citizens eagerly awaiting the achievement were then disillusioned. Why continue shooting for the moon, the thought. We've been there already. The Asuran Space Agency that grew out of Cuirpthe and Midrasia's growing aerospace partnership eventually cut the program. The governments of Asura felt the program was unnecessary, and focus on the new space shuttle technology that had developed in Midrasia had been moved to the forefront of ASA, and then A4, operations. Coupled with the growing focus on operations in Low Aeian Orbit, notably, the Columbian Space Station, and returning to the moon became nothing but a distant dream.

But now, that has changed. The space shuttle, once thought to be a game-changing new innovation, has, in hindsight, been found to be nothing but a 30 year detour, one that has detracted from innovations in manned spaceflight. As thoughts of a manned mission to Minerva in this century grow stronger in the minds of Asura's people and governments, it has become quickly apparent that we need a testing ground for new technology that will eventually ferry us to the red planet. Rather than rely on private companies, such as Orbital Dynamics, A4 has lobbied for and successfully secured funding for what they call the Liris Program: the natural evolution of the technology used to reach the moon, and the first step towards our eventual return.

A4 has announced in a press conference on Wednesday afternoon that preparations are being made for a launch on early Monday morning. The vessel will be uncrewed, and controlled remotely from the spaceflight center on St. Aratoír. Once in a stable orbit, the Liris spacecraft will make the 3 day journey through space to reach the Moon, and will spend anywhere from 6 to 25 days orbiting Aeia's celestial partner. During this period, A4 will be monitoring the various processes undergone within the craft to determine if it is indeed ready for manned testing. If a major error occurs during this stage, the mission will be terminated, and Liris will return to Aeia. Provided all goes well, the craft will stay in Lunar orbit for almost a month, after which it will complete its journey and splash down in the Opal Ocean, where it can be recovered by the Cuirpthean navy. If all goes well, A4 will prepare for crewed testing as early as this November.

Look out for our live broadcast of the launch this Monday morning, when mankind once again shoots for the moon, and, hopefully, hits its mark.
Last edited by Cuirpthe on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member and moderator for Aeia
IIWiki

Economic Left: -3.63
Social Libertarian: -6.26

Golfia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Golfia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:43 am

Mandai DNA Tests the Entire Population

As the first country in the world, Mandai has been offering its population free DNA tests since 2019 to get information on who carries genes that are risk genes for various diseases. The director of the project also wants to start testing all newborns.

23/02/2020 | Mandai, Republic of Mandai

So far, more than 3.8 million Mandainese are participating in the first run of the new system.

"We want to test all newborns, or even test their DNA before they are born, says Lin Guanyu, researcher and director of the project, where the entire population of Mandai is currently being mapped in the form of DNA tests that are collected in a large freezers. The purpose is to find genetic information about those who have increased genetic risk of, for example, cancer and cardiovascular disease, before the diseases even break out. "We know which genes play into specific diseases. Now we hope to be able to meet the risks for each individual patient with preventative measures," says Lin Guanyu.

So far, more than 3.8 million Mandainese have been willing to give six milliliters of blood each and an informed consent to have their genes mapped. That's sixteen percent of the country's population. With the help of the DNA test, 700,000 gene variants linked to specific diseases can be mapped. The test also provides information on how the body breaks down various drugs, which is useful when the doctor is to prescribe medication. In the basement of the Gene Data Center, the more than 3.8 million genetic tests that have been done so far are stored. Partly in nitrogen-filled steel containers but also in a large data center. "The goal is for all Mandainese citizens' DNA samples to be stored here."

Mandai has introduced a data security law to protect the sensitive information. According to the law, the results may only be used by universities and in connection with research on specific health. Shao Delan, 34, is one of those who wanted to do the DNA test. Her mother died in the suites of breast cancer and she wanted to find out if she was carrying any of the gene mutations that increase the risk of developing the disease. It turned out that she has a hereditary genetic mutation on the BRCA2 gene, which increases her risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer by 80% compared to other women. "At first I was shocked. Now I think it's good to know, ” Shao Delan says.

The vision for Lin Guanyu, director of the Mandainese Gene Data Center, is that at a very early stage in life, one can find out their risks and that knowledge of the risk genes of the Mandainese can lead to tailor-made medicines. "We could test children or even fetuses to meet and prevent hereditary diseases as early as possible. That is my vision."

Maeqiana
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Maeqiana » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:35 am

28/02/2020 Gurtha Mwehasa

Longsky Tower stands for 50 years!

The construction of Lasu Duz’s Longsky Tower has been hailed as the single greatest architectural monument built during the Saffir dynastic presidency, despite the immense corruption and chaos within the regime. Specifically commissioned by the son of Abraha Saffir, Johen at the age of 21, the tower was designed specifically to transmit television signals through the complex geography of the northern capital valley and demonstrate the regime’s commitment to the development of a unified Maerdki. Originally called ‘Johen’s Tower’, the project was outsourced to a foreign design firm in the Federal Socialist Republic in a bid to boost relations and investment outside of Savai and their old oppressors. The designers had rejected any concept of ‘traditional’ architecture and opted for a more simple (and politically neutral) modern design, never-before seen in the country’s capital where the old factories and manors of the Lhedwic elite had been converted into administrative complexes.

Construction of the tower began on the 28th of February, 1970 and in a speech delivered by Abraha Saffir, remarked the tower to be “the flower of Maersk Unity and a thorn against those forces, both at home, and across our borders, which seek to divide us”.

The tower took five years of construction using local cement and steel to build the internal base, along with employing 1,500 workers and sustaining 500 jobs within the city centre, particularly for the growing importance of the telecommunications industry. However, the largest contribution to the tower has arguably been its symbolism of the Saffir regime, and the politics of progress within Maersk Society. The infamous 2002 elevator bomb incident which claimed 9 innocent lives, along with the deaths of 3 Maersk citizens is still infamously associated with the tower and the country’s ongoing struggle with radical secessionism. Today these victims are remembered nearby with the Longsky memorial monument and the tower closes early on the anniversary as a show of respect.

Today, the tower is host to a rotating restaurant, an exhibition gallery for the National Maersk Institute of Art and continues to broadcast television and radio signals across the capital valley, home to millions of tv sets and radios with residents enjoying their favourite programmes with a cup of Kreme Tea.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates