NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 25 | Gorgona, The Sarian

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

World Hit Festival 25 | Gorgona, The Sarian

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:10 am

The camera began zooming in on the venue as soundclips from all the entries from the previous edition were played, finally the camera showed the stage, the World Hit Festival 25 was about to begin.

.:: Opening Act ::.
.:: Harriet Engels - Fight For Love ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out

[align=center]The stage stood completely dark with Harriet standing slightly to the right, with the smallest pin drop light illuminating her and a vintage microphone. Wearing a modest 1920's-style black dress, she opened her mouth a began to sing.

Feel like my heart has succumbed to flames
One strand of hair is my blackest omen
I can feel her here, I can feel her here
Living my own personal doomsday

The pindrop light expands, illuminating slightly more of the stage but still leaving a large amount in darkness. From the new light, a band can be seen, dressed in black tie-attire, matching the 1920's era.

Yet every touch sets my mind afresh
Every single word sounds so heartfelt
And when I feel I can't go on...
Together we can fight the storm

If they call me a fool, boy I won't mind
Because I can't see a future without you in my life
We will find a way, we will find a way
Baby, I'll pick you up when you fall down

After your confession, I thought I drowned
But then I realised our love will rebound
You and me, we can move on

As the chorus begins, the stage becomes immediately illuminated, revealing a ballroom-esque setting. A single pair of dancers are on it, dancing a foxtrot.

Fight for love, fight for love, fight for love, fight for love, ooh whoa
And I know it's tough but we'll make it work
We'll fight for love, oh whoa

Just a few hours when we're apart
And I need you to restart my broken heart
You and me, we can move on

More dancers begin streaming onto the dancefloor, entering from the back of the stage.

And I know it's tough but we'll make it work (fight for love)
When we fight for love we'll heal any crack (fight for love)
A second chance yet it feels like when we begun (fight for love, fight for love)
Together we can fight the storm (Oh whoa, oh whoa)

They said I should leave you but baby I won't
They say I should hate you but baby I don't
Yes we had a stutter but we've broken that ice
Because baby I need you to keep my heart afloat
'Cause just by your presence, my soul can be free
Just by your presence, my soul can be free
Guess we'll meet in hell because they'll always be you and me, yeah

By now there is around twenty pairs dancing the foxtrot on the stage, creating a flurry of movement and a saturation of colour.

A dancer, dressed in white (as a contrast to all the others dressed in black) comes over to Harriet, offering her hand. She takes it and is lead to the ballroom part of the stage, the other dancers make way for them, standing in a circle as Harriet and the dancer begin dancing their own foxtrot.

Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...

The host entered the stage through the back of the stage. Named Kween Kweer, he was a drag queen famous in The Sarian for his hit television show, Kween Kweer's Drag Race. Dressed in a sailor costume, he made his way to the front of the stage.

"My, my, wasn't that absolutely FAAAAAAABULOUS, darlings!" Kween Kweer paused as the crowd went wild, "I'm Kween Kweer and welcome to the city of Gorgona, last year voted the most FAAAAAAABULOUS city in the whole of Esportiva! We have a FAAAAAAABULOUS show for you tonight, and without further ado, let's get it started!"
Last edited by The Sarian on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:24 am

.:: 01 - Britonisea ::.
.:: Tess Phillippa - Overtaking (Help Me) ::.

To the tune of: Iveta Mukuchyan - LoveWave

Britonisea will be sending Tess Phillipa to the World Hit Festival, where she will be singing the song "Overtaking (Help Me)" which is an alternative song, a song that doesn't necessarily fit in to any category of music. Tess Phillipa sent the song "A man who pushed me down the stairs" in Lyonsland and if you want to listen to that, This is her performance in Lyonsland, WorldVision 32. WorldVision 32 was such a long way away, though she has been present on the big stage and she was hosting the competition - of which gained spectacular views from countries around the world.

One of her best friends, Mya Richardson won in that contest and came 5th in Polkopia a few editions before. Mya has always teased about Tess Phillipa doing worse than her, and she stated that if she won the World Hit Festival, she'd have something to be proud for. Then, she stated, if she won she would host the contest in a heartbeat. And, if she hosted, the contest would up a bit in the amount of interaction with the audience and the people at home. Tess Phillipa hopes she can end the long painful places that Britonisea gets in the World Hit Festival to make it a powerful nation equaling the success as in WorldVision.

She decided to represent Britonisea after hearing that the previous singer was stepping down from representing the contest after BVC "gave her a lot of money to sabotage the contest." However, BVC firmly denied the statements saying that this is "An inhuman attack on an innocent come-together." Tess Phillipa decided to end all of the debate on who was going to represent the country when she announced she will be singing a new song from her upcoming album. The statement that Tess, a national treasure, was going to represent Britonisea came with it's ups and down. She was also sad that companions Estogium and Nightom won't be there to help her succeed.

The song "Overtaking" was written by herself when she broke up with her partner - the one who stayed with her after she received physical abuse from her neighbour when he pushed her down the stairs for no reason at all. "Overtaking" is her anger and her sadness fighting in her inner emotions. She doesn't know where she should feel sad or feel anger or even, something else. She states that "Overtaking" doesn't necessarily mean it's her anger overtaking or it's her sadness, but it is how the audience perceives it. She developed the song with music producer Takkin Chew, who is a famous writer who wrote Abanta Fonely's "A Step at A time" which was a really successful song in Estogium and Britonisea - to name a few countries.

On her way to The Sarian, Gorgona, she realised that she was missing out on a lot of things and that made her want to come back to the international stage - whether that is just touring countries of her choice or coming back to major song contests. She was happy to represent her country in World Hit and hopes she can succeed in it.

She was wearing this dress, quite the contrast for what her song is about.The stage was dark and the audience was pitch black with no light being shone on them. You could here a pin being dropped in that arena. Suddenly, someone came walking from the farthest point in the stage. A spotlight was following her as she walked on and each time she walked, a side of the stage would flash a fuzzy colour, similar to the ones that you would see on an old television when the channel doesn't work. She was still quite far away from the front of the stage but you could see that she raised her hand, of which her microphone was in it, to her mouth and began - not to sing - to talk.

TALKING;
Come, with me.
Right, I'm going on a trip, away from here.
Away from the lights, sleepless nights - from busy life.
I need to release because,

She was in the middle of the stage and she stopped walking, The stage's fuzzy image that was being shown was becoming more apparent, and quicker paced. The camera would focus on the fuzzy image before spanning back to her every time she sang the end of her line. A drop of red splashed on to the stage,and it seemed as if the splash was getting bigger on the floor. The camera looked down on to the floor before slowly coming up her leg - which she was showing off like a pro. She began to sing her song.

Alone at night, I look to the sky.
And the stars has abandoned it.
The people walk by like lonely zombies.
With no soul nor desire.

As she finished singing this part, she started walking towards the camera, which was in the audience. She was quite cold and still and she didn't really react with any of the people in the arena. The red was now all over the stage instead of the floor and on the LED screen, you could see that there was a march of people coming towards her - coming to get her. Coming for her. She didn't look back though, she wasn't even going to dare to look back. The fan machines turned on flourishing her beautiful dress in the wind.

Help, Me, Help Me, Help, Me, Help, Me

During this part, the stage went crazy. The red flashed with the colour blue every second or so. From the top of the stage, flames appeared lighting up the top tier of the arena while in the bottom tier, there was sparklers being set off over the audience standing up. It looked as if she, Tess, turned a red colour. The camera was going just as crazy as the stage. The camera would change it's viewing angle every time you heard the beat - coming inwards, outwards, sideways and from the top. The camera would also rock, making it seem like (for the viewers at home) that she was experiencing some kind of earthquake. Suddenly, a massive row of light zoomed through the arena from the bottom right up to the top and stopped when there was a loud bang. She shouted...in tune,

It's spreading over me!
Move! Step a side or watch melt to the floor-oh-or
Move! You may the sway right - but look behind, the bullet ricochet.
Move! Our time is limited, clutch me hard and hold me near.
It's overtaking.
Nothing seen, nor nothing heard - it's breath taking.

She walked to the side of the stage where she was greeted by a man only wearing trousers (and probably boxers under, though we're not quite sure at this point) and when she went to the man, he turned her around making Tess turn the other way where she was only met by another man in the middle of the stage. The camera followed Tess and her dress like a cat following an unraveling ball of yarn. The crowd couldn't get enough of it. A strong woman was coming out of her! Something we haven't seen in Tess before.

A Silent Killer, it is. A spy's anonymity.
I got to go through an investigation, before it corrupts my loyalty.
I get away armed in metal, I thought that it would protect me
I put my foot on acceleration
Close my eyes and I'm off course...
It's overtaking!

Tess whipped her hair from side to side, causing the shirtless men to fall on to the ground. She then walked over the men and on to the little catwalk. The LED behind was of a Gothic house on the top of a dark and creepy hill. Plus, it was raining. Suddenly, blue spot lights were on her and 4 of them in a row behind of her while the rest of the stage was dark.

Move! (It's overtaking) Step a side or watch melt to the floor-oh-or
Move! (Overtaking) You may the sway right - but look behind, the bullet ricochet.
Move! (It's overtaking) Our time is limited, clutch me hard and hold me near.
Nothing seen, nor nothing heard - it is breath taking.

In the final part of the song, the men appeared behind Tess Phillipa and as they were about to grab her, the stage suddenly turned dark, so you couldn't see anything. The audience cheered knowing that this was the end of the song. "Thanks, everyone" Tess Phillipa screamed in to the microphone. "Thanks so much!" As she walked off the stage with the two men following her behind, she thought she did well. Hopefully she will live up to expectation.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:31 am

.:: 02 - The Sarian ::.
.:: Rebekka Layce - Revenge Will Be Mine ::.

To the tune of: London Grammar - Devil Inside

Rebekka entered the pitch black stage, entirely blank except a grand piano and a microphone. She didn't want gimmicks, she wanted her voice. The music began, a small white light focused on her, and she began.

Standing while the rain falls,
With tears in my eyes
Everything is rushing
While I absorb your lies.
A poison dagger
You've plunged in my heart
You poisoned liar
If you're going to break hearts,
Why was it mine?

As the verse transitioned into the chorus, one light flashed across the stage on each piano.

Revenge will be mine, revenge will be mine
I hope that you all know that, revenge will be mine
I hope you fucking know that revenge will be mine

Rebekka took the microphone out the stand, walked over to the piano, and sat on the side.

(oooohhhh mmmmmmm)

I hope she loves you
Because I know she's a bitch
I fucking hate you
You bastard liar.
And
I hope you know
You're worth nothing
You gave me your poison
And you told me to drink
No-one can love you
While I continue to live

I hope you all know that, revenge will be mine

Rebekka stood up again, and walked to the edge of the stage, sinking to the ground on the penultimate revenge.

I hope you know
I hope you fucking know that
Revenge will be mine
Revenge will be mine
Revenge...
Revenge will be mine.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:36 am

.:: 03 - Pekweng ::.
.:: Julie Anne delos Santos - Mahal Mo Ba Ako? ::.

.:: Language(s): Filipino ::.

To the tune of: Own tune

Pekweng will sent its first entry to the World Hit Festival 25 with Julie Anne delos Santos and her original rendition of "Mahal Mo Ba Ako?". The song was also the winner of the Presidential Choice for Himig Handog para sa Bayan 2016.

At first, she had no intention of joining any international contests as she wasn't able to handle a vast crowd of more than 15,000 fans, unless this number had been surpassed only for the local crowds.

Then, Melvin Tranado, the composer of the song searched the World Hit Festival 25. He encouraged Julie Anne to join. But, she had no intention of joining any international contests. He encouraged her until the government, after giving her an award for her winning song, encouraged her to join and she was able to participate.

She and her music team, prepared a lot for this event. They flew from the Pekweng National Airport to the airport of The Sarian to continue the practice and arrange the performance. After, she was able to step inside the Gorgona Forum. She was nervous at first but she conquered her fear and continued her practice.

The practice continues and her fate to win or lose is in the hands of her fans, supporters and viewers.

Commentary: The stage was dark and afterwards, she came to the stage and the projectors film a scene from the romantic movie "One More Chance." The lights were opened and the crowds were shouting her name and her fans started to sing with her the song....

Ano pa ba’ng hanap?
‘Di ba’t wala naman hadlang?
Higit sa magkaibigan.
Ngunit damdami’y may puwang.

Lagi nang ‘di napapansin.
Ang orasang kumukumpas.
At sa tuwing magkasiping.
Tila ang init ay wagas.

Commentary: The foreign viewers at the Gorgona Forum were staring at her beautiful face. They also joined to the fans and supporters in signing even they don't know the lyrics, so the ending of that was a "carabao Filipino" language....

CHORUS:
Mahal mo ba ako, Bakit sinaktan mo
Mahal mo ba ako, puso'y tapat sayo
Umaasa, Na mapansin mo
Sana naman, Sana naman, Sana naman
Pag bigyan mo.

Commentary: Her fans and supporters went crazy as she walks to the camera and near the audience. Electric fans were blowing onto her, flourishing her blue pastel dress. Her fans and supporters sang the song louder as she walks nearer to them.

BRIDGE:
Ako bay mahal mo pa?
Bakit ba nagbago kana
Binigay ng lahat
Minahal ka ng tapat
Di mo ba madama ang pag-ibig ko.

CHORUS:
Mahal mo ba ako, Bakit sinaktan mo
Mahal mo ba ako, puso'y tapat sayo
Umaasa, Na mapansin mo
Sana naman, Sana naman, Sana naman
Pag bigyan mo.

Commentary: At the final part, the screen featured her saying her famous line, "Oh My G!" synchronizing with her and her fans. She said "Thank you for your support." And after she departed from the stage, the viewers shouted her name again, waiting to reappear again...

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:39 am

.:: 04 - Darkmania ::.
.:: Jake Dirkamas - Ima kilka tou ::.

.:: Language(s): Darkmanian ::.

To the tune of: Rick Astley- Never Gonna Give You Up

TL.DT: Born April 21 1974. Can`t english.

The singer beings singing
Tou fär myn hjarg ega glo (You got mine heart to glow)
Myn sael dazer mik. Ya talke sÿn (My soul dances with you. I speak the truth)

Dir, Tou fär myn hjarg ega glo (Yes, got mine heart to glow)
En dag ti ij Tou (And this is to you)

Ya Kilka Tou (I love you)
Tou lukn yn diamanji (You look like a diamond)
Ya vij daze mik tou. Forgance (I will dance with you. Forever)
Ya Kilka Tou (I love You)
Ya talke sÿn (I speak the truth)

Last edited by The Sarian on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:41 am

.:: 05 - Normandy & Picardy ::.
.:: Maren - Empty Hours ::.

To the tune of: Låpsley - Love Is Blind

When NNN were deciding on their entry for WHF, they decided to choose something daring, something different. They decided to look among young, unsigned talent, looking for someone to fly the Normand flag and to take the opportunity to further their career. They wanted someone who reflected the modern Normandy and Picardy, one ever looking forward to the future and ever-changing. And so they spent several months looking for someone who they hoped could carry on the nation's success, but more importantly someone who could make Normandy and Picardy proud. And so they came across Maren and her song "Empty Hours", which was in its nasscent stages. However, it instantly won the selection, even though "Ye Vui Vifant" had been leaked as a favourite prior to it. They worked with Maren, crafting the song into what it is now and offering her a contract with NNN music; an album is allegedly on the way. However, NNN didn't reveal the artist and song for a long time; the reason for this is unknown, although some believe that NNN nearly had a last change of heart. But no matter what, Maren will be flying the flag in Gorgona.

Maren, 18, who's full name is Marena Vargulis, was born in Caen, the capital of Normandy and Picardy, the daughter of a shopowner and a laundrette. She lived a generally normal childhood, going to a typical school and doing the sort of thing that young children do, messing around with her friends and the like. However, when she went to secondary school (In Normandy and Picardy, this is ages 12-15), her music teacher noticed her talent for singing, and helped her nurture it. Maren was offered a scholarship at the College of Music in Cherbourg, but refused so she could look after her mother, who was suffering with Cancer - luckily, she survived. Maren is currently in her first year of studying Nourmain Literature and Language, English and History at College (ages 18-20), but she also does gigs around the country and has worked with a number of producers. The song is, in Maren's words, a "complicated love-story". It tells of a woman who has previously been in a relationship with a man who has abused her, and now she is waiting for her real lover, her prince-charming to come home. She is haunted by the memory's of the path but she hopes she can do better.

The stadium is pitch black as the song begins, but a spotlight - blank white - shines the stage from an angle, showing Maren's face yet hiding some of her body in the darkness. It slowly builds an orange-yellow glow like a normal house light. The background is black but with fissures of white throughout, giving the impression that it is breaking out from behind the darkness, and the fissures also take an orange-yellow tinge. Maren holds her microphone with both hands, pulling it close to her and looking as she is nervous; this, the audience soon realises, is her putting emotion into her singing and the song. The camera pans around her slowly, remaining a few arms' distance away from Maren.

I'll stand aside in the silence
And I'll watch you go
I will wait in the shadows
With my sorrows
As the lights go out

I know I am scarred
But that's all that remains of who I was
So leave me to my nightmare
Let the silence

During the bridge, the lights become more intense, and two more spotlights shine on Maren. The black in the background seems to flake off leaving the orange-yellow glow behind Maren. The camera lifts up and looks down on Maren, as she looks up to it; the effect is that she seems to be singing up to the viewer at home. She holds her arms out to the camera, as if appealing to the audience.

If life was easy
I wouldn't spend these empty hours looking for you, for you, for you

The camera fades back to the view of the stage of the front as the song begins, with Maren back to how she was before, except her hands are less tight on the microphone and she is no longer pulling it towards her. The background shows black wisps falling down the background, which settle on the bottom and begin to replace the white.

The empty hours keep marching on
I can see the walls closing in
Can see the demons break in
You know the empty hours caress my soul
And the voices scream in silence

The lights fades slightly, and the background is fully black, but as the verse begins the orange glows covers the stage in fullk, rather than through a series of spotlights. Maren has moved to the right of the stage, where she sits on the floor resting on a pane of glass. The cameras zoom in on her, also showing the dancer who is on the other side of the glass - this is supposed to represent her ideal partner, who does the typical sort of interprative dance stuff, before resting on the other side of the glass, turned away from Maren.

I know the sun is fading
To something new
But perhaps the new things
Are the old things, sent to haunt us
I know the madness well
I'm friends with the darkness, I'm friends will hell
So feel free to leave me standing
Waiting for you

During the second bridge, the lights fade, getting more and less intense, but not too harshly. Meanwhile, smoke begins to cover the stage and the glass becomes murky. Both Maren and the dancer stand up, and turn around to look at each other. The cameras pan around, showing different different shots of the two of them, as Maren seems to sing to the dancer.

If love was easy, I wouldn't spend the empty hours searching for you, for you, for you

The part of the stage where the dancer was goes dark and Maren returns to the centre of the stage, smoke around her feet, and singing as she goes. In the smoke the silhouette of a man, presumably the dancer, can be seen as the cameras show the stage from above, turned away from Maren before dissapearing with the smoke. The cameras then continue to pan around Maren, like usual.

And the voices scream in silence

The lights suddenly dim, and a single spotlight shines straight down on Maren. In the background the dancer can just be seen, walk around and seemingly waiting for Maren to come to him. The camera zooms in on her face as she sings this section.

I remember when I was young
I remember the songs that I sung
But that was so long ago
And that's not me any more

The dancer can be seen walking away as the final two renditions of the chorus are sung, with Maren putting all of her heart and soul into it. The cameras spin around her, yet not dizzyingly.

You know I can't hide, know I can't hide, know I can't hide, know I can't hide from myself

The empty hours keep marching on (from myself)
I can see the walls closing in (from myself)
Can see the demons break in (from myself)
You know the empty hours caress my soul (from myself, from myself)
You know I can't hide, know I can't hide, know I can't hide from myself[/box]

As the song ends the lights fade until the stadium is once again left in black. Maren can be heard saying "Marci, thank you" as she leaves the stage.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:26 am

.:: 06 - Anollasia ::.
.:: Gezgin Yıldızlar - Rüyeam ::.

.:: Language(s): English, Turkish, and Anollasian::.

To the tune of: Tame Impala - Elephant

Left to right: Vince Hansen, Tolga Alan, Mehmet Stravi, David Büyüktree

Gezgin Yıldızlar (''Wandering Stars'' in English) is an Anollasian neo-psychedelic band, consisting of Tolga Alan (vocals, guitar), Vince Hansen (synths), Mehmet Stravi (drums), and David Büyüktree (bass). The band formed in 2012 in Jefferton, Anollasia. The band members had been close friends since middle school and decided to try functioning as a band. They recorded some home demos which caught the attention of Peach Records, who the band ended up having a record deal with. They released an album in 2015 (Durmaz). Despite their quick deal, the band have remained mostly unknown until they were selected to perform in the 25th World Hit Festival.

The stage is dark. Suddenly, a thick bass/electric guitar erupts along with a drum beat and a spotlight is focused on the band, positioned in the corner of the stage. The band is wearing the same clothes as the photograph in ''About''. They are surrounded by a sea of darkness, representing the dark of night.

Playing an electric guitar, Tolga Alan approaches the microphone stand and starts singing.

And I feel so tired
It's ten more minutes before the mid of night
I know it's not a good idea to eat pizza before bed
To be honest, I don't give a damn

Tolga, knowing all three national languages, as an Anollasian citizen is expected to know, switches to Turkish.

Ve işte uyku çöktü ve şimdi yatakta yer aldım
Aman, uyku günümün zorluklarını yıkasın
Bir rüya görsem keşke

Next, he switches to Anollasian.

Vand othen bei hisselt ohe uykeep gelcome ato benme
Oh oh, bei yapcan sarug benmy battanket birone dahore

As the bass/guitar descend in pitch, Vince Hansen, who was just waiting to come in, comes in with the synths. Tolga whispers in Turkish.

Harika

Now is the synth solo, the real highlight of the performance. The stage is illuminated with all different coloured lights: green, blue, pink, red, yellow, etc...and no darkness is left, while the LED screens display a great mix of colours like this moving around. Two men on stilts slowly walk from the left side of the stage to the right. A couple jugglers juggle by the right side, while three ballerinas do ballet near the centre as acrobats do some impressive acrobatics. Meanwhile, the band keeps playing.

Then, the band stops playing for a moment, in which everyone stops and then the song explodes. The stilted men are already off the stage, but even more people come on. In the background, there are people in a conga line, heading from left to right, as the stilted men did. A ballerina jumps across the stage and then the three ballerinas start spinning in unison. Meanwhile, a breakdancer (but with no shirt on) is breakdancing and a scantily clad lady pole dances on a pole that just happened to be there. The jugglers are replaced with fire jugglers, who stand at the front of the stage, while the acrobats are towering from behind. All of this happens while the lights and strobe lights move back and forth in a frenzy. Finally, a clown runs on stage and scares everyone off the stage, after which the synth solo is over and the lights flash with the descending bass/guitar. Then, only a spotlight focusing on the band is left and the LED screen is off, as in the beginning.

The band plays like in the beginning and Tolga sings once again. During the yeah, all of the band members except Mehmet Stravi, who is too busy with drumming, sing it into their microphones as a harmony.

I woke with sweat on my forehead (yeah)
But I felt as dry as a dry haystack
No one seems to believe that I witnessed it in REM

Tolga switches to Turkish for one last time.

Aklımda rüyam kalır
Bir aydan daha çok
Uzun süre için tahminim

Mehmet has a short drum solo before the three band members sing the ''yeah'' together, but louder this time.

Lasting 'till my life's end
Yeah

Then, the song ends as abruptly as it started, while all the lights are turned off, immersing the stage in darkness once again. The audience cheers and applauds loudly, as a voice from the darkness shouts ''Thank you!'' in response, though it is barely audible.

And sleep fell and now I took my place in bed
Oh boy, let sleep wash my day's hardships
I wish I could see a dream

And then I felt the sleep come to me
Oh oh, I can hug my blanket once more

Great

My dream will stay on my mind
More than a month's
Time is my guess
Last edited by The Sarian on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:31 am

.:: 07 - Ekoz ::.
.:: Aksel Jonson - You're The One ::.

To the tune of: Frans - Young Like Us

The STE, the national broadcasting corporation responsible for the Ekozian representative at the WorldVision Song Contest announced previously that they would be broadcasting the World Hit Festival on STE One, thus confirming an Ekozian return after an absence of four editions. The STE had announced that they were interested in staging a smaller scale version of MelodieFestivålen, a hugely popular national selection format for WorldVision, to find an Ekozian entry to represent Ekoz in The Sarian, hosts of the 25th World Hit Festival.

Aksel Jonson, 19, submitted his self-written song "You're The One" to the STE to purely get someone to hear his song. What was not expected was the reaction of the STE and their extremely quick response to Aksel. Bosses at the STE were so impressed with Aksel's submission that it was decided that the proposed national final was shelved and Aksel was immediately asked to represent Ekoz at the upcoming World Hit Festival.

Aksel states, "It was a complete shock to even hear back from the STE, I mean, it's the STE for goodness sakes and I'm just a small-town kid from Umøa. I'm so nervous to perform the song. The guy I wrote this song about has no idea it's about him, and of course, I'm singing to nations that may not be completely accepting of same sex relationships, so it's scary, but I'm ready to take on the challenge."

Aksel is stook behind a mic stand, centre stage. He is wearing a black fitted t-shirt, black jeans and boots. The stage is completely empty with a square white LED background wall behind him. As he starts to sing, he looks into the camera lens. He seems nervous, and grabs the microphone and begins the first verse.

I know,
Those three words are thrown about without no meaning,
But I never lie,
No, never lie,
Open up to all the feelings rushing to you,
Uh, baby I'm in love.

He begins to loosen up, and sings into the microphone. He lets go of the mic and starts to move to the music slightly. He starts tapping his hand on the side of his hip and looks towards the audience.

This feeling inside,
A burning desire,
Won't leave me alone.

I want to scream it out loud,
To show you I'm so proud, oh.

As the chorus begins, the camera pans across the stage before zooming out, revealing an sea of white lights in the audience. The crowd let out a cheer. Throughout the chorus, the camera pans onto a profile shot of Aksel, a shot from behind and then a return to the centre stage.

All I see in my daydream,
Such perfection, oh it's seems.
But it's not a secret,
Don't keep it,
You're the one.
You're the one.

All my days seems so endless,
Babe, you make me so restless,
'Cos I want you always,
Here With me,
You're the one.
You're the one.

The camera stands at the floor of the stage, aiming up towards Aksel. He looks down into the camera which slowly pans up from his legs to his head. On the line "love is love", Aksel raises his hands slightly; the camera pans out and reveals two silhouettes on the LED screen, giving the illusion that Aksel is holding hands.

Barriers will try to constantly blockade us,
But we can't be beat,
Won't admit defeat,

Love is love, is love, and babe they will accept us,
Our hearts of love,
Both beat as one.

The camera returns to a profile view of Aksel, revealing both the stage and the audience. He looks into the camera more comfortably and capsizes the audience with his glare into the lens.

But one thing is clear,
if you're never near,
my world falls apart, fade away.

Cos we're meant to be,
just like a lock and key,
release me.

As the chorus begins, the camera again pans across the stage before zooming out, revealing an sea of white lights in the audience. Similarly to the first chorus, the camera pans onto a profile shot of Aksel, a shot from behind and then a return to the centre stage.

All I see in my daydream,
Such perfection, oh it's seems.
But it's not a secret,
Don't keep it,
You're the one.
You're the one.

All my days seems so endless,
Babe, you make me so restless,
'Cos I want you always,
Here With me,
You're the one.
You're the one.

The camera zooms out, revealing the entire stage, the crowd and the LED wall. Two lines of children appear on both sides of the stage. The children's part of the song are italicised.

Love is love,
Love is love

Cos, I want you always, here with me,
you're the one, you're the one

Aksel moves around the stage. Two giant images of two men holding hands with their backs to the camera are projected on the giant screen. The crowd let out a huge cheer. Aksel dances and smiles around the immediate stage where his microphone is placed.

Love is love,
love is love,

You know its true
love is love,
love is love

You are the one.

Can't stop saying you're the one

love is love
I want you always, here with me, you're the one, you're the one
You're the one
You're the one

Aksel: Thank-you World! Takk Ekoese!

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 am

.:: 08 - Kalosia ::.
.:: Paola Amadin- Amiral Me ::.

.:: Language(s): Kalosian::.

To the tune of: Adele - I'll Be Waiting
Kalosian pronunciation guide

Paola Amadin won the 19th Festival di Melodi Kalosiana, which was the national final for the 25th World Hit Festival. Adhering to the rules of the preselection as well as RTVK's policies for the WHF, Amiral Me is performed in the Kalosian language. The song is sung from the viewpoint of a middle-aged woman who has doubts in her man's faith.

Being a middle-aged woman, Paola's FMK victory was seen by a few entertainment critics as a sign of a gradual shift in the niche audience of the show. The less contemporary songs dominating the festival have been thought by these critics to potentially cause segmentation of the show's viewers based on age group. However, considering that the previous winner as a teenage girl, this opinion is not widely supported as of yet.

Now, Paola was on the international stage wearing a simple but stylish black coat. She was alone at the center of the stage, but accompanied to the side by 3 backing singers, all donning simple long black dresses. Paola's creative team decided to focus on the song itself in the performance, so there won't be much happening on stage. As the entry began, the background was black but as the song progressed white lace patterns grew.

Regular text sung by Paola, (brackets) sung by the backing singers, bolded text sung together by all.

Kadë ja švejo
Šuaki ǧor
Këlkosë sentë vito
Së se në komplet

Ja aprežo
Šuaki moment
Kadë parli a me
Kadë tu soriri

Divenom vež
Komë un modë këlo
I pasat iǧa
Komë lë vento

E šuaki ǧor
Ja penšo
Ežomëz enkor bella
Tu e ja?

In the next part, the backing singers provided vocal "oh"s harmonically to the tune of the song.
Në puvo vivë aksi
Ja t’amiro
Brigo di te
Brigo, tu lašinëz me?

Ma ja reston
Senon fortë
Vedro ten faco e diro:

As the chorus came, the lace patterns faded away while the phrase "Love me" gradually appeared on the black background screen in the languages of all the participating countries, in various fonts, all in white text. The Kalosian "Amiral me" was of course the biggest.
Amiral me enkor
Komë avan ur, kadë ežomt ǧiuna
Ambražal me, speto
Puvom eža’l steli avan venurë l’alba

Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

As the next verse began, the phrases disappeared and the lace patterns returned.
Kadë ja švejo
Šuaki ǧor
Këlkosë sentë vito
Së se në komplet

E šuaki ǧor
Ja penšo
Ežomëz enkor bella
O un memoria?

Again like the previous pre-chorus, the backing singers provided harmonizing "oh"s.
Në puvo vivë aksi
Ja t’amiro
Brigo di te
Brigo, tu lašinëz me

Ma ja reston
Senon fortë
Vedro ten faco e diro:

Again, the phrase "Love me" reappeared on the screen just like in the previous chorus.
Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

The lights became a bit dim and the background entirely black.
Ja t’amiro (Ja t'amiro)
Di te brigo (Di te brigo)
Në puvo, në puvo vivë aksi

Ja t’amiro (Ja t'amiro)
Në puvo vivë aksi

The lights became bright again, the background having lace patterns, and there was a pyro curtain appearing as well.
Amiral me!

Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

The pyro curtain gradually came to a stop.
Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

As the song ended, all the lights abruptly turned off, save for a spotlight on Paola. The audience cheered. Paola took a bow and then left the stage for the next act.

When I wake up
Every day
Something feels empty
It’s incomplete

I appreciate
Every moment
When you talk to me
When you smile

We grow old
Like a trend that
Has already passed
Like the wind

And every day
I wonder
Are we still beautiful
You and me?

I can’t live like this
I love you
I worry about you
I worry, will you leave me?

But I stay
I’ll be strong
I look into your face and say:

Love me again
Like back then, when we were young
Embrace me, I’m waiting
We can be the stars before the sunrise

Love me again
Embrace me, I’m waiting

When I wake up
Every day
Something feels empty
It’s incomplete

And every day
I wonder
Are we still beautiful
Or a memory?

I can’t live like this
I love you
I worry about you
I worry, will you leave me?

But I stay
I’ll be strong
I look into your face and say:

Love me again
Embrace me, I’m waiting

Love me again
Embrace me, I’m waiting

I love you
I worry about you
I can’t, I can’t live like this

I love you
I worry about you
I can’t, I can’t live like this
I can’t live like this

Love me

Love me again
Embrace me, I’m waiting

Love me again
Embrace me, I’m waiting

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:55 pm

"Well, wasn't that faaaaaaaabulous. I will now handover to your national broadcasters who will explain how you can vote for your favourite act, but first here's a recap."

"Have you got all that? Now please welcome back to the stage the absolutely faaaaaaaaaaabulous Harriet Engels!"

.:: Interval Act ::.
.:: Harriet Engels - Revolution ::.

To the tune of: Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out

Wearing a cloak with a raised hood, and standing in a parting of the crowd, Harriet stood. She had played many shows before, but somehow she felt this was the biggest. The drummers, standing next to her began beating, they too were stood wearing hoods, with large drums - reminiscent more of 16th century warfare then of any musical instrument in use today. Letting her drummers lead her, they began moving slowly towards the currently barren stage.

Coming onto the stage was a choir, primarily made up of children and pre-teens, but also containing some older members - all of which were chosen from local show-choir groups, they were dressed up as the oppressed proletariat - flat caps, ripped trousers, factory wear or faces covered with soot; it was like something out of a school production of a Dickens, they began their 'ooing' as Harriet finally made it onto the stage, her hood still raised.

People dying, underfed
Parents crying, children dead
Show no emotion, be a machine
Hanging on by a thread

Living on life's frontier
Wake up every morning filled with fear
Every day you lose your heart
We've all bled, we've played our part

As the chorus begun, Harriet ripped off her cloak, revealing a sparkling red dress and her wicked brown hair. More people entered the stage, this time dancers, dressed in the same dickensian proletariat costumes as the choir, though eagle eyed viewers might notice that they were wearing red armbands. They began dancing an almost polynesian war dance behind Harriet as she sang at the front of the stage, looking fierce. The choir continued to support her, now standing at the wings of the stage, whilst the two drummers stood, one either side, still cloaked.

Tonight we fight, for every child who's died
Can't waste another life and stay silent
The revolution will come today
For too long it's the many who've been betrayed

We'll make no return, to yesterday
Tonight we fight
(We fight)
The revolution comes today

When the chorus subsides, the dancers sink to the floor, and as Harriet begins singing the next verse, they begin to rise slightly higher at each line, going from lying on the floor, to crouching slightly in a golem like pose, to crouching marginally higher, before standing almost upright, albeit with bent backs.

Yell out loud ,oh, shout it out, oh,
Say we're not just workers with no names or faces, oh
Adversity caused our fight
Tomorrow we're free, keep the fight till daylight

Suddenly, the all stand upright, like a army ready for battle. Quickly, arranging themselves into lines, they begin marching on the spot behind Harriet, an image amplified by the screen behind the stage, making it look like thousands upon thousands of people are marching behind her.

Here comes the revolution,
Here comes the class fight
The people's liberation,
It's time to make it right
Here comes the revolution
Escape from destitution

Tonight we fight
(We fight)

Like she's been shot, Harriet falls to the floor, and begins to sing, leaning over the stage like a wounded warrior reaching for her sword. The dancers stop their marching behind her, some rush over to her and unsuccessfully try and pull her up, whilst overs visibly flee as the verse, some leaving the stage from the back, others from the front into the crowd, until there are just half a dozen dancers remaining by the end of it.

Time to be free-eeeee,
Together, we will overcome
And we will stay free,
If we remember what we've found
Removed the scars from life,
Strength is in the crowd...

As Harriet sings the long note, she begins to rise again. The choir moves into the centre of the stage, and purposefully put on the same red arm bands that the dancers were wearing earlier, they raise their right arms in unison and triumph.

Tonight, we fight

Here comes the revolution,
Here comes the class fight
The people's liberation,
It's time to make it right
Escape from destitution

"Well, wasn't that just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous! And we can now find out the results!"

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:19 pm

"Ladies, Gentlemen and every faaaaaaaaaaabulous individual inbetween, I can now reveal the results of the 25th WorldVision Song Contest. But first I have the unfabulous news that Pekweng have been disqualified for voting failures. From descending order:

In seventh place, Darkmania.

Darkmania received five points from Anollasia and one point from The Sarian, giving them a total of six points.

In sixth place, it's The Sarian. Well isn't that unfaaaaaabulous?

The Sarian recieved four points from Darkmania, two points from Ekoz and one point from Normandy & Picardy, leaving them with a total of seven points.

In fifth, we have Britonisea.

Giving points to Britonisea were Darkmania and Kalosia, who both gave Britonisea the maximum of five points, as well as Ekoz who gave them three points and Normandy & Picardy who awarded Britonisea two points.

In fourth place is Anollasia, with sixteen points.

Two nations - The Sarian and Normandy & Picardy gave Anollasia five points. Additionally, Kalosia and Britonisea gave Anollasia two points, whilst Darkmania and Ekoz awarded one point each.

It's getting tense now... Coming third place is.... Normandy and Picardy.

Normandy and Picardy received the following points: two from Anollasia, three from Britonisea, five from Ekoz, four from Kalosia, and four from The Sarian. This is a total of eighteen points.

Everyone, your top two is Ekoz and Kalosia.

One nation received nineteen points - five from Britonisea, four from Normandy and Picardy, three from Kalosia, three from Anollasia and two from The Sarian.
The other, and winner of the World Hit festival, received twenty-one points. This is made up of four points each from Anollasia, Britonisea and Ekoz and three points each from Darkmania, Normandy & Picardy and The Sarian.

Receiving twenty-one points, and winning the World Hit Festival is...... KALOSIA!!!

Congratulations, an absolutely faaaaaaabulous act! Everyone, please welcome to the stage your winner, Paola Amadin!

.:: Victory Encore ::.
.:: Paola Amadin - Amiral Me ::.

.:: Language(s): Kalosian::.

To the tune of: Adele - I'll Be Waiting
Kalosian pronunciation guide

, Paola was on the international stage wearing a simple but stylish black coat. She was alone at the center of the stage, but accompanied to the side by 3 backing singers, all donning simple long black dresses. Paola's creative team decided to focus on the song itself in the performance, so there won't be much happening on stage. As the entry began, the background was black but as the song progressed white lace patterns grew.

Regular text sung by Paola, (brackets) sung by the backing singers, bolded text sung together by all.[/align]
Kadë ja švejo
Šuaki ǧor
Këlkosë sentë vito
Së se në komplet

Ja aprežo
Šuaki moment
Kadë parli a me
Kadë tu soriri

Divenom vež
Komë un modë këlo
I pasat iǧa
Komë lë vento

E šuaki ǧor
Ja penšo
Ežomëz enkor bella
Tu e ja?

In the next part, the backing singers provided vocal "oh"s harmonically to the tune of the song.
Në puvo vivë aksi
Ja t’amiro
Brigo di te
Brigo, tu lašinëz me?

Ma ja reston
Senon fortë
Vedro ten faco e diro:

As the chorus came, the lace patterns faded away while the phrase "Love me" gradually appeared on the black background screen in the languages of all the participating countries, in various fonts, all in white text. The Kalosian "Amiral me" was of course the biggest.
Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

As the next verse began, the phrases disappeared and the lace patterns returned.
Kadë ja švejo
Šuaki ǧor
Këlkosë sentë vito
Së se në komplet

E šuaki ǧor
Ja penšo
Ežomëz enkor bella
O un memoria?

Again like the previous pre-chorus, the backing singers provided harmonizing "oh"s.
Në puvo vivë aksi
Ja t’amiro
Brigo di te
Brigo, tu lašinëz me

Ma ja reston
Senon fortë
Vedro ten faco e diro:

Again, the phrase "Love me" reappeared on the screen just like in the previous chorus.
Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

The lights became a bit dim and the background entirely black.
Ja t’amiro (Ja t'amiro)

Ja t’amiro (Ja t'amiro)
Në puvo vivë aksi

The lights became bright again, the background having lace patterns, and there was a pyro curtain appearing as well.
Amiral me!

Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

The pyro curtain gradually came to a stop.
Amiral me enkor
Ambražal me, speto

As the song ended, all the lights abruptly turned off, save for a spotlight on Paola. The audience cheered. Paola took a bow and then left the stage for the next act.

When I wake up
Every day
Something feels empty
It’s incomplete

I appreciate
Every moment
When you talk to me
When you smile

We grow old
Like a trend that
Has already passed
Like the wind