NATION

PASSWORD

Orthodox Summit(AMW)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Tsalland
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Orthodox Summit(AMW)

Postby Tsalland » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Patriarch Roman I of Lapolis and all Tsalland scribbled away at a piece of paper, intended to be sent to all the Orthodox churches of the world:

To your Eminences, Graces, Fathers, and Mothers:

I Patriarch Roman of Lapolis do invite the people of your proud churches to attend a summit of Orthodox churches around the world in the city of Democripolis, in Ionia province. This grand city is home to the most Orthodox churches in all Tsalland, and has a ancient and legendary history of holy men and women. I invite all of you here to reorganize our Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church after the fall to heresy of the Byzantine Empire. Many matters will be discussed, and any ideas proposed will be considered, but our main points of interest will be:

-the new Ecumenical Patriarch, if there is to be one
-primacy of the churches
-organization and structure of the churches, as well as planned councils in the future
-what to do about the fall to heresy by the Byzantine Empire
-naming of archbishops, catholicos', popes, and metropolitans of unsupervised regions
-standardization of church doctrine

And of course much, much more. All who attend the council will return home with a holy icon from the
St. Basil Cathedral. I hope to see all of you there!

Yours in Christ,
Patriarch Roman I of Lapolis and all Tsalland

Last edited by Tsalland on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You sir, deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for that post.

Tsalland Factbook

Kalasparata
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Is this Christian Orthodox (Greece, Russia, Serbia, Macedonia, Kalasparata and my religion)? :?:
No I did not spell jail wrong, "gaol" is the Australian spelling
cityrailsaints on TrainsPlanesNRL
Capital City:Ipsola
Leader: Stelios Cityrailsaints
Religion: Orthodox Christianity
|| Factbook (Wiki) | Flag Meaning | Photobucket
|| cityraildude on YouTube || Embassy | NewsEconomic Calculators: NSEconomy | SunSet
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
98%of teenagers would run to his aid if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 2% moving people out of the way to make sure no one can catch him, copy and paste this into your signature

Tsalland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsalland » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Are you a member of AMW? And yes, it is Christian Orthodox. Although Macedonia is an unrecognized church in RL.
Last edited by Tsalland on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsalland Factbook

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

What's AML AND Orthoidox Christianity is my personal and my nation's religion
|| cityraildude on YouTube || Embassy | NewsEconomic Calculators: NSEconomy | SunSet
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
98%of teenagers would run to his aid if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 2% moving people out of the way to make sure no one can catch him, copy and paste this into your signature

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:35 am

bump

Tsalland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsalland » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 am

AMW is an RP group.

Tsalland Factbook

Metz-Lorraine
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Metz-Lorraine » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Alvise Adanno was among the first to recieve the letter. Especially since communication with Tsalland was at an all time high now in Lorraine. Adanno was the premier Lorrainean Orthodox leader of the country. Few could challenge him in the nation, and those who could never did. His rebelliousness and stubborness on major issues was stereotypically Lorrainean. He did not like others controlling him at all unless he fully believed in their abilities. This would be the first leap of the hosts to conquer. It was almost by blood that Lorraineans would oppose any control unless they had full faith, but once they had faith, they would become the most fervent supporters. The Tsagians would have to work hard to gain confidence in Adanno.

"They need me," he told his friend, Aggio Mordini "I'm their only chance of connecting to Lorraine and reaching a peace between the Lorrainean Catholics and worldwide Orthodox churches. Heck, If they ever want reach a peace with the regular Catholics, they are goin gto need us to get their first."

"I see, but Alvise, you represent so little. How are you going to be able to even speak over the vast representation of the Tsagians or the Kievians? And you can't anger any of them because you do understand the consecuences it may cause to the relations between lorraine and Tsalland. We can't cause another Cold War."

"Your concerns are noted Aggio," Addano replied in an assuring smile. "I will not be able to make any major changes of course and I will not cause any problems. I understand what I represent at this meeting. I will only be there to give a voice to those who have looked to me for guidance."

His trip was quite uneventful, when he arrived at his destination, he took a deep breath. Looking around he took in everything around him and everything that was to come. He would likely be the most unexpected guest, but he was there to make a voice for his people. He took his first steps into the eantrance, excited for what was to come...

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 am

Tsalland wrote:AMW is an RP group.

What exactly does it do and how do I join it?

Acadzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Acadzia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:38 am

Kalasparata wrote:
Tsalland wrote:AMW is an RP group.

What exactly does it do and how do I join it?

((It is a closed RP Group. You can find out more and apply for membership if you do desire here.))
The Kingdom of Atlantis in A Modern World. Join us, we rock.

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:04 am

No and I don't plan on joining it (not till I find out more anyway) but can I join this thead anyway please, please, please I'll be a great contribution. I'll even make it compolosory for all shops, resturants ect. to sell feasting meals through lent.....and anyway me in Rl and my nation are bvoth orthodox. That is the only religion in my nation that don't pay tax.......please!

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:15 am

Kalasparata wrote:No and I don't plan on joining it (not till I find out more anyway) but can I join this thead anyway please, please, please I'll be a great contribution. I'll even make it compolosory for all shops, resturants ect. to sell feasting meals through lent.....and anyway me in Rl and my nation are bvoth orthodox. That is the only religion in my nation that don't pay tax.......please!

No. This is a CLOSED rp group. Either apply to join or don't post in our threads. There's plenty of information in the application thread if you want to find out more.

My apologies to Tsal for the post. Hopefully it will be IC from the next post.
Last edited by Somewhereistonia on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 am

So it's closed, so if I apply, nothing will happen right?

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 am

Kalasparata wrote:So it's closed, so if I apply, nothing will happen right?

If you wish to apply, go and apply in the applications thread. If you do not wish to apply leave this thread and any others tagged (AMW) or (AMW only) or similar.

Any more posts by you in this thread (unless you get accepted into AMW), will be linked to in moderation. Thank you.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Tsalland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsalland » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

No more off-topic posts, PLEASE!

Tsalland Factbook

Kievskaya Rus
Secretary

Founded: Jun 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kievskaya Rus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Joachim II, the Patriach of Moskva and of all Kievskaya Rus sat alone in a quiet darkly lit room. As progressive of a bishop as he was he was still quite old fashioned as a man. There he sat with reading glasses and a type writer. He had tried a computer back in 1981 for a few weeks but eventually gave up and never gave it another thought.

*click click click click ching***

The smell of burning candles and oil lamps filled the office. Even though this office had had electricity since the nineteen twenties something about wax and oil seemed more heavenly to Joachima. The beauty of raw fire light had made the old lamps and large wax candles the preference of most of the men who had sat in this office since that time.

"To your Eminence, my brother Patriarch Roman"

He cracked his knuckles, wincing in pain a little. He didn't seem to be able to quit this old habit despite the arthritis that was starting to creep into his hands. It didn't stop him from writing his own letters mind you.

"It is the desire of Moskva, Kiev and all the Rus that we; the Orthodox Churches of The Lord Almighty would meet and that we would affirm and confirm by our holy office, that which is the will of God."

Joachim stopped and lit himself a cigarette on the lamp that sat on the left side of his typewriter. What trouble and controversy these little paper rolls had caused for him and he predecessor. The billions of rubles that the church had made by the sale of tax exempt imported cigarettes had been the centre of controversy surrounding the late holy father Irenaeus . When Joachim's own personal accounts had been made public showing the extreme personal wealth the Patriach of all Kievskaya Rus held, it had started the whole thing over again. Luckily Joachim was on better standing with the Tsar and the state controlled media had been far more hushed about all this than they had been with Irenaeus.

"I also write to the Orthodox Churches of the world urging that we do stand united as Christ's mystical body on earth. We pray as the Church of all ages has:

We give thanks to You, our Father, for the life and knowledge that You made known to us through Jesus, Your Servant. Glory to You forever. As this broken bread was scattered over the hills and was brought together becoming one, so gather Your Church from the ends of the earth into Your kingdom, for You have all power and glory forever through Jesus Christ.

In these ancient words I implore all you of Orthodox and true teaching faith in the name of The Lord to send your bishops. Let us prepare the next one thousand years of Christian faith as one united church, holy and blameless before God"

"Ching"

Joachim pushed the platen on his old machine back to the starting point. He looked over his glasses at the clock showing him two hands pointing close to the ten. He blew some smoke between puckered lips. His smoking was starting to stain his beard and moustache a rusty orange colour. In light of that he made sure to blow the smoke as much as he could past his beard. He typed out a final greeting and his name then meticulously scratched his signature in pen. Patriach Joachim and the Bishops of the Kieven Rus Church would be there.

Unified Tord
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Tord » Tue May 11, 2010 7:29 am

A letter from the Church of Tord;

"To the Exalted Roman I:

Hello to you holy man, I am Eitil Havverbraus, Minister and member of the High Council of the Church of Tord. I am writing to you to offer my knowledge on the Church of Tord should you want it when discussing dialogue with neighboring Churches; not as a participant, but as a caring outsider to offer any insight if it's welcome. I wish to have relations between the Church I attend and your own open as we both share belief in the gift of life and Christ's love.

IF I were called upon to give insight into the Church of Tord or our two Church's interactions I would be happy to give it. I feel The Church of Tord is heavily influenced by the Orthodox Church's history and present. If I would be allowed to attend solely as a silent observer I would still thank you for the gift of attending.

Whatever is your decision I wish you love in the name of Christ's love that we share and the hope that this important meeting further uplifts your Church and its people.

You brother in Christ,

Eitil Havverbraus

P.S. I should hasten to add that my and the Church's politics strives to be separate of my Kingdom's and King's. I am here to serve Christ and Christ's children and try not to think ill nor take sides on matters that would put myself or my Church at odds with another."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates