NATION

PASSWORD

Eeri Decides 2016

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Who Should be Eeri's Next President?

Daichi (I)
47%
Foreman (C)
24%
Gamble (C)
12%
Halloran (L)
18%

Total votes : 17

Eeri
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Eeri Decides 2016

Postby Eeri » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:47 pm

(OOC: Comments on candidates or my country in general be it positive or negative are welcome but please keep them well within IC boundaries and do not use stealth flames. IC questions may be posted in the thread OOC questions please use TG. Stories in your press can be linked other IC comments on the thread will be put into the FOREIGN PRESS COVERAGE BOX at the end of the page.)

Election Central

COVERAGE PROVIDED BY WOLF BROADCASTING Eeri's Number 1 News Agency.

The Candidates:

Adela Barnes-Daichi
"We can make Eeri Wonderful by being more inclusive not exclusive. By reaching down into the Christian values our country was founded upon not on the values of greed and corruption we will show the world and those of our country what it means to be Eerians."

Party: Independent

Political Background: Former First Lady of (N.) Eeri, 2002-2009
Former Vice President of Eeri 2009
Instructor of Political Science, Southern Baptist College of (N.) Eeri 2010-2012
Instructor of Political Science, Mabinogi University 2012-2014

Official Achievements: Poverty Assistance Program
Childhood Education Programs (summer programs, after school programs)
Symposium on Women's Rights
Healthy School Lunch Program and Food Stamp Expansion
Pesticide Reduction Act of 2003

Platform:
-Reconsideration of Constitutional Amendment 6 (Designation of The Christian People's Republic of Eeri)
-Emissions reduction
-Benefits Expansion of Farm Aid Bill of 2013
-Welfare expansion
-Progressive Taxation
-Tariff Reduction
-Civil Preparedness Program expansion (updating fire and building codes, mandatory tornado shelters in public buildings)
-Repeal of The Social Media Regulation Act of 2007.
-Trade expansion
-Infrastructure spending
-Military spending and development reduction by 1%
-Healthcare expansion
-Foreign business tax incentives
-Tighter finance control and safety nets. Expansion of Usury laws.

D.J. Foreman
"As a child I was taught working hard and being a good person were the keys to success. Eeri is losing that value and getting too entitled. It's time we pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and get to work putting this country to work again!"

[b]Party: Conservative

Political Background: Congressman and Speaker of the Upper Chamber 2012-Present
(Bills/Motions:
Constitutional Review Audit Request 2015 Passed
Farm Aid Bill 2013 - Passed
The Social Media Regulation Act of 2007 (endorsed and campaigned for but not drafted or voted upon)
Waterways of Eeri Regulation Review 1977 Failed
Welfare Reduction Bill 1977 Passed but Vetoed
Creation of the Eeri Meteorological Center (EMC) 1976
Weights and Measures Evaluation 1975 Passed
Signing of six city ordinances as mayor)

Secretary of State 2003-2010
Secretary of Agriculture 1999-2001
Ambassador to Ganosia 1990-1998
Ambassador to Lamoni 1980-1988
Congressman Lower Chamber 1977-1979
Mayor of Mabinogi 1972-1975

Platform: Increase manufacturing industry tax cuts
South Eeri Border Control Force increase
National Tax Relief Program
Tax Cuts for Businesses with more than 250 employees but fewer than 100,000
Tax Credits for Large Businesses contributing to GNI growth
Roadway Building outreach to rural areas for job growth
Military Benefits and ROTC expansion
Immigration tightening
Trade relations renegotiation
Increase voter age to 21 years of age

William Gamble
"Eeri is thought as a nothing nation with nothing to contribute to the world stage. We are a country united by our deep seeded beliefs of community and independence. It's time we all pull our selves up by our bootstraps and Make the world hear our call!"

Political Party:Conservative

Political Background:
Congressman, Upper House Chamber 2013-Present
Under Secretary of Labor 2005-2007
Congressman, Lower House Chamber 1999-2004

Official Achievements: Farm Aid Bill of 2013
The Social Media Regulation Act of 2007
Daichi Tax Cuts 2006
Eerians with Disabilities Act of 2000

Platform: Greater Trade Tariffs
-South-Border Barrier Project (building a concrete wall spanning the border of North and Ganosia Controlled South Eeri)
-Expansion of Agriculture Programs (Future Farmers Project)
-Tighter drug related crime sentencing
-Domestic Business Tax Incentive programs
-Religious Freedom Proposal (regarding contraceptive care and allowing ability to opt out )
-Defense Program spending increase, new weapons research, expansion of military contracts
-Drought Relief water relocation program
-Civil Defense and programs initiative
-Reduce welfare by job creation
-Eliminate the minimum wage program

Jason Halloran

"This is a great new decade of prosperity. But we need to keep that going and not set ourselves back by holding onto the ideals of the past. Looking forward we can achieve great things."

Party:Liberal

Political Background: Congressman Upper Chamber 2012-Present
(Bills/Motions: Farm Aid Bill 2013 Passed
Corporate Welfare Reduction Act: Failed
Civil Defense Initiative 2012: Passed)

Congressman Lower Chamber: 2007-2011
(Bills/Motions: Medical Welfare Expansion Failed
Path to Marijuana Legalization (Review Ongoing)
Constitutional Audit Failed
Treasury Audit: Passed
Motion of Impeachment of Secretary of Agriculture Allison Purr Failed
Request of Allocation of Extra Funding for EMC Research and Development Passed)

Secretary of Interior 2007 (resigned after four months)
Under Secretary of Interior 2004-2007
Assistant Attorney for the City of Mabinogi 2000-2003

Platform: Path to Legalization Of Marijuana Proposal
-Medical Marijuana legalization with tax incentives for hemp growers
-Decriminalization of Marijuana
-Pardon of Non-Violent Drug Offenders
-Judicial Review of mandatory drug sentencing laws
-R&D funding increase for EMC
-Military Reduction by 5% and a full constitutional ban on Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD R&D under a Moratorium since 2000)
-Green Program Initiatives, tax incentives for solar and Wind energy. Constitutional Ban on Fracking and Oil Drilling. Suspension of fossil fuel trade with South Eeri. Outreach for Green Cooperation with South Eeri.

Previous Candidates: (Listed by name, party and county or representation or residence)
Jean-Lousia Roberts (C) Georgia (withdrawn)
James-Hunter Lynn (U*) Georgia (withdrawn)
Thomas Payne (L) Eeri (defeated)
Ronald Nighy (I) Murphyborough (withdrawn)
Azzela Jacobson (U) Pinewood (insufficient support)
Emmaline Purr (C) Eeri (insufficient support)
J.J. Smyth (C) Eeri, (insufficient support)

*Self Declared party not officially recognized and is categorized as Unaffiliated )

FOREIGN PRESS COVERAGE: -
Last edited by Eeri on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Azurean Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Azurean Islands » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:57 pm

The CCDP and the newspaper The Cape Azure Times both endorse Adela Barnes-Daichi.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:13 am

The Barnes-Daichi Campaign Headquarters thanks The CCDP and the newspaper The Cape Azure for their endorsement of her. Any further inquiries, comments or request for interviews feel free to contact us by phone between the hours of 7 AM to 8PM Local Eeri time or by email daichicampaign16@starsmail.eer.org.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Debate #1

Postby Eeri » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:15 pm

(ooc: for simplicity sake most of this is written in basic script as it would appear in subtitles or closed captioning. Historical note: You may see South Eeri or Ganosian-South Eeri or Ganosia-Eeri or more derogatory Occupied South this refers to an NPC territory stretch of Eeri that was historically taken by player Ganos Lao and remains occupied to this day. Think of split Korea as a best example. Any ill will or hostiles are purely IN CHARACTER)

WOLF Special Presentation

"Good evening to our viewers at home and around the world, on TV or by web, I'm James Peterson reporting live from Jacobson Event Center here in downtown Mabinogi, the race for the President is on with four viable candidates seeking the position all with their own ideas of just what to bring to the office and to the country at large. Some of the hottest topics facing right now, another proposed minimum wage increase, greater industry subsidies, the environment and international relations. Domestic issues such as infrastructure development, disaster preparedness are on the agenda as well. A quick rundown of the candidates and their numbers shows a neck-in-neck race with the former first lady leading followed closely by Representative Foreman. In third the Liberal Party is gaining some momentum with Representative Halloran. The Candidates have now assembled we're going to tune in directly. Tonight's debate is moderated by WOLF's own Scott Sommer."

SOMMER: "Good evening candidates to begin we're going to start with the economy and finding new ways to increase GDP and growth. First Lady Daichi, you've proposed a new trade agreement with Ganosia and Ganosian Owned South Eeri, your opponents say this will reduce the manufacturing and economic output of Eeri. "

Adela Barnes-Daichi (I) Former First Lady: "Economic strength is increasingly dependent on the global market. Eeri has seen this time and time again under past presidents. My husband doubled the amount of foreign trade with our neighbors in the region, everyone said it would create a substantial decrease in jobs but what happened? More industry came in from abroad, other stayed here because new demand allowed them to expand. My new proposal would do the same but now we have our neighbor to the south to start looking to. People along the border where poverty rates have increased in recent years due to education gaps and income inequality will have greater options than ever before. We've held onto this outdated notion that South Eeri will be recclaimed in the name of the North, we need to move beyond this 19th Century Idea and face what's ahead of us in the 21st Century!"

SOMMER: Representative Foreman you've criticized The Former First Lady's Plan you think differently"

D.J. Foreman (C - Eeri County) Representative Upper House: Madam your plan says it will save jobs and bolster the economy but your environmental record says different"

Daichi: Pardon me, Mr. Representative I think that's a later issue I can't--"

Foreman: "First Lady Daichi fails to mention under her husband's administration was the time poverty in the southern counties along the border with Occupied South Eeri. (>>CROWD MIX OF APPLAUSE AND BOOING) First Lady Daichi's plans are ill thought out and there to gain her votes among the working class in this nation, it's a shameless ploy. Dealing more with South Eeri has sent more jobs down there and more tax Ameros and more spending Ameros there with it. Workers buy goods, services and bank down there instead of here. Businesses that stood the test if time closed up and moved South because of taxes, taxes and over regulation and bureaucracy put on by her husband's administration. We need more incentives for business and workers to stay here by increasing our manufacturing output in these rural counties of Georgia, Illinois, Milano and Alita. These are the four poorest counties in our country and much of that was driving jobs away under her husband's out of date tax and regulations. "

SOMMERS: "Representative Gamble you have thoughts to add?"

William Gamble (C - Milano County) Representative Lower House: First Lady and Mr. Rep miss the point of why these counties have had staggering in economic growth. They get some of the ideas behind it but miss a lot and it's largely been access to education and access to work. What we need is work incentive programs to keep employees here and to have employers take chances. In Milano County alone we have made new programs for people with disabilities from simple learning to major physical or mental conditions that often limit their ability to work. We've put these people to work by programs, incentives, tax benefits and employers have benefited in return by providing good services to their community. My plans are to expand these programs to not just disabled but farmers who have had bad seasons, people who had to leave school early, people who didn't have the money for school and in turn reward the businesses that take these people in and give them steady work."

SOMMERS: Rep. Gamble what about Rep. Foreman's statements about people going to Ganosian Eeri?"

Gamble: You go where the work is. When I was a kid growing up in Paducha back in the 50s one of the worst droughts gripped our country, the drought of the last few years has been nothing and many farmers were forced to migrate because they didn't have the chance and nobody gave them the chance. Employers had no incentive to take a chance and my plan will give them that incentive by cutting their taxes allowing them greater returns thus leading to more payroll and more income to hire more employees."

SOMMERS: "Rep. Halloran you have rebuttal to your fellow candidates."

Jason Halloran (L -Eeri) Congressman Upper Chamber: "The Conservatives are such anti-tax and spend and ironically Ms. Daichi the proud independent is really just a Conservative in Liberal clothing. Her policies are just that of her husbands and she's keeping it all going. Mr. Gamble's proposal is to expand his Disabilities Act which showed pitiful numbers compared to his boasting. The increase in manufacturing is only small part and we need to keep jobs here in Eeri but we can't compromise our environment"

Gamble: Mr. Halloran sir, your major proposal is to slash defense spending, arms and weapons manufacturing makes up 35% of our manufacturing output"

Halloran: Defense Spending is off the charts absurd considering Eeri hasn't fought a major war in 150 years. My plans by cutting our bloated military program boosted under Daichi's Administration is to resend those funds elsewhere into work service programs into welfare into relief packages for the conditions our agriculture sector which is what we've always prided ourselves on and creating other sectors elsewhere. Mr. Gamble wants to do away with Minimum Wage, well I want to double it! People need more disposable income to filter into the economy and the conservative motto here is that you work hard you get rewarded it's time to reward our workers. He wants to put on tariffs "

Gamble: "Tariffs to keep workers and jobs here, not sending them to Occupied South or to Motokata or Lamoni which is what has happened over the last decade"

Halloran: "Not very free industry"

SOMMERS: "Let's bring it back gentlemen. Madam Daichi final thoughts?"

Daichi: "Putting new tariffs or worrying entirely about our domestic industry is a mistake. We need to incentivize new fresh industry to come here. We need to be apart of the Global Market and bring foreign industry in to mix and mingle with our industry and create a new base of jobs. We've been heavily reliant on Manufacturing and Agriculture both are great industries but it's falling short of our potential."

SOMMERS: Mr. Foreman

Foreman: "Lower taxes, less bureaucracy and less welfare dependence is what's needed to boost our stagnant economy. We need to give people the mobility to stay here in Eeri not head South or worse, overseas for work and having their money go there. That's why I propose my Rural Economics plan, increasing access to affordable personal transportation and encouraging the small business in Small Town, Eeri to start and benefit their local economy just as much as the national"

SOMMERS: "Mr. Gamble"

Gamble: "What he calls welfare I call true incentives and opportunities. My programs were successful and the data shows it and putting that on a national level not just a local level is the key"

SOMMERS: "Mr. Halloran"

Halloran: "Too much globalization leads to exploration and hurts our workers and our environment and just leads jobs overseas. We need to cut bloated programs that benefit the business and tell the business you want to be here you have to play by our rules. Ms. Daichi has a good point we need to diversify our economy and we need to do that by education or our citizens and get rid of the stigma of education once and for all."

SOMMERS: Lady, Gentlemen thank you that will conclude the topic of economics. Now we move onto international relations. There's some overlap with economics with trade and tariffs but there's also the ongoing relationship with Ganosian-Eeri, Ganosia Proper and other regional neighbors.

DAICHI: "South Eeri is our closest neighbor and has access to the gulf with fishing, ocean trading, tourism and immigration. This is beneficial to our economy and our reputation. Most think of Eeri as a tiny agrarian nation but geographically we're incredibly large and we have plenty to offer for the global community in terms of trade and relations. I want to see a more aggressive push with more embassy and consulates opening and finally mending the ties with our Southern Neighbor."

FOREMAN: "Madam I find it ironic you push for more relations with the Occupied South when your great-grandfather not only that two generations of your ancestors fought for control over the South. Territory that rightfully belongs to us."

DAICHI: "What makes it belong to us, Sir?"

FOREMAN: "Territory claimed and mapped out from the time Eeri settlers first arrived on the lands here in the North and plotted South."

DAICHI: "Even though there were already settlements established"

FOREMAN: "Settlements Ganos can't even vouch for the time they landed the time they were built or even if they were built by them. Ganosia has a long history and still does have a history of gobbling up small colonies and strong arming small weaker nations out of their rightfully gained God-Given land. Land that is vital to us for agriculture, fishing, energy Eeri should rightfully reclaim our land to the South it belongs to us."

SOMMERS: Mr. Gamble, you agree?

GAMBLE: "I do agree the territory is rightfully ours and Ms. Daichi and likely Mr. Halloran and the rest of the liberals out there feel otherwise but I must object to the blatant cage rattling by Mr. Foreman. Us going to war especially with defense cutbacks in recent years would be a disaster and if we are to really reclaim our rightful lands it has to come through mutually cooperating with the international community to put pressure on the mighty imperial forces of Ganosia and true diplomatic negotiations and as President that is what I interned to do"

HALLORAN: "Mr. Gamble says he wants cooperation he wants to reclaim what is ours but Mr. Halloran's biggest platform proposals is to build a giant concert wall along the entire of the Southern Border. He's talking about reducing spending and making jobs by cutting off the Southern Border and sealing people in like it's a police state. Mutual cooperation is a given and that includes our neighbor to the south and we have to face facts it belongs to this country and it will always be."

SOMMERS: "Very divided opinion, Mr. Halloran, after all 60% of Eerians still feel the Southern Territory belongs natively to us."

HALLORAN: "Much of that is out of misguided and revisionist history and blind patriotism. If the facts were laid out more clear opinions would change. Trying to reclaim this land isn't going to happen by diplomacy, it didn't happen during the time Ganosia was under the rule of a tinpot despot dictator it's not going to happen now, what Mr. Gamble and Mr. Foreman are really wanting is a war. Both these men have heavy interests staked in three of our largest Government contracted Arms Manufacturing Industries a war would be beneficial for them. Even Ms. Daichi's husband has some interest staked and they want us to fall on our swords for a swath of land. A war to take South Eeri would be costly in money but more importantly lives. Lives would be sacrificed, along our border towns and to the soldiers who would be sent down to fight. We'd have to fire the first shots it will be hard to convince the world we aren't the ones being the aggressor. A war wouldn't just hit them it would hit all of us and it would be a matter of time before our own capital would be overrun with troops. Ratting the saber is what these men do and that makes them dangerous"

DAICHI: "My husband, our former President, made great strides to mend the gap between us and the South culturally and politically. Mr. Halloran is right about one thing, Mr. Foreman and Mr. Gamble are saber rattlers and bordering on war mongering. Mr. Halloran makes a great point but he hasn't laid out a solid plan. He hasn't laid out any foreign policy plan. He's been absent for most treaty votes in his time of office. He quit being Interior Secretary after four months."

HALLORAN: "I quit madam because I knew changes were needed changes I couldn't do as Secretary, changes I need to be a real lawmaker for."

DAICHI: "My plans are going to be clear, laid out. Embassy Outreach, inviting more diplomatic missions, greater trade relations with the international community. One of our own local business catered to the young and adult women of our country has branched out overseas and seen great success and that was without incentive we need to open up our selves and move beyond being a state so focused on ourselves."

SOMMERS: Time, candidates. Opinions have been heard time for the last words. Reversing order, Mr. Halloran."

HALLORAN: "We need a strong international relationship with the world abroad. To do that we need to lay the groundwork cooperating with all departments, from Interior, Agriculture, Health, Defense and the rest. To put so much interest vested into one plan by one person is a road to dangerous over zealousness. Eeri is a democratic country that prides itself on bringing the issues to the people and that's what we need to do before we jump into action. We also need to put the past behind us and look to the future to live with what we have and improve on what we do have. Our South Neighbor should be looked to as an example not as a threat and not as a lost treasure to be reclaimed."

SOMMERS: "Mr. Gamble"

GAMBLE: "The President is supposed to be the leader. The Commander in Chief. A Commander knows he has to make decisions and it can't always be discussed out by long lengthy talk. The time for talk is over, we're here, we've always been here. We need to have the world listen to us by showing our presence and getting the wheels in motion. South Eeri does belong to us. It always has but a war isn't what I want out of it, we need to use pressure and the region and world to our advantage. Diplomacy does take longer so that's why others will be immediate. The wall is a proposal, the tighter border control will ensure our protection from crime, terrorism. Keeping people along our border safe and to prevent incidents when either one of us strays too far. Some have taken this as a sign I'm afraid of my own words, that I know I'm going to incite incidents by demanding what is ours. That's not the case, I'm just not naive to think trouble makers don't exist and that people may not take issues to far and into their own hands. Outside the law which is not condonable. The reality is Mr. Halloran is right a war would be costly and wars have started over simple issues before. Right now our borders are wide open and that's creating problems, like what happened in the town of Lori which was devastated by a monster twister last June. Two children were left without a family, without a home and caught between two countries all because the difference of a few feet. We need to properly define borders so that incidents like what happened in Lori where we dragged our feet with two innocent children who simply needed our help after a terrible tragedy that is unacceptable and we need to make sure it doesn't happen again."

SOMMERS: "Mr. Foreman"

FOREMAN: "Thanks to Mr. Gamble for reminding us what is really at stake when it comes to our southern border. I'm not proposing war but if it comes to that, Eeri must be ready. Expanding our relations with allies is key and expanding our defense programs to show the world we are ready to punch back if you punch us. Expansion of our airfields to allow more trade is a start to that, expansion of our diplomatic programs is another push and finally we must be entitled to the ports down south to expand our waterway trades."

SOMMERS: "Ms. Daichi"

DAICHI: "We can't simply ask for another nation's ports. Their ports are their own. Our rivers are the finest in the region, wide enough barges have been able to pass through. We need more barges to come through because we need more trade. To do that we need a plan of action a plan to bring about more international attention to Eeri. People see us they see us as quaint country folks satisfied with the status quoe. But we are more than that. We are a society that has a strong background in agriculture but we've also expanded our industry by creating autos unique to us and our environment. We have a service to offer to the world and they to us and our Neighbor to the South and whom they are apart and claim loyalty to is no different. Putting up a giant wall alienates us not helps us, ratting our sabers promising the time will come which we will take land only hurts us further."

SOMMERS: Turning back to domestic issues, next comes the issue of the legalization of Marijuana for either recreational or medicinal purposes. Mr. Halloran you've been actively working on a bill to legalize Marijuana for full recreational purposes."

HALLORAN: "My bill which is still being debated and threatened vetoed if passed would bring full legalization. There's really no reason this harmless drug should be illegal but much of this has been fought by the tobacco farmers and not even on moral or religious grounds but because simply we have some of the larges tobacco farms in the region here and tobacco is shown to be more dangerous than marijuana as is alcohol but those drugs remain legal. Caffeine is just as addictive but we have sugary soft drinks and supplements. Farmers shouldn't have a reason to fear my bill taking away their cash crop because they too can grow this crop and make just as much if not more from it."

FOREMAN: "Mr. Halloran says that the plant is harmless compared to tobacco products despite evidence showing the tar is chemically similar to that found in tobacco smoke and a number of carcinogenics have been linked in cannabis smoke. Other health effects also have been linked to smoking so to say this is a harmless drug sounds like someone else's lobby has been unduly influencing him."

HALLORAN: "If that's your argument, Sir then why is tobacco still legal?"

FOREMAN: "Unlike tobacco pot has been linked to harder street drugs. Today it's pot tomorrow, PCP..."

HALLORAN: "Are you really dragging out that fallacy? Every drug potentially leads to another, 25% of Meth users in this country were reported to start smoking tobacco at 19 and just as many tobacco users have been shown to not do hard drugs. You yourself sir have indulged in the occasional cigar and yet here you are, not on angel dust, crack or meth. There's no correlation between any drug use. People drink wine and have no issues and others drink heavily and don't do any other drugs. Just taking in DUI standards the increase in risk of motor vehicle crash for cannabis use is between 2 and 3 times relative to baseline, whereas that for comparable doses of alcohol is between 6 and 15 times. But again all those legal but this little plant still remains this scary drug despite evidence to the contrary of it's alleged harm to society"

SOMMERS: Mr. Gamble you and Mr. Halloran oppose any legalization, Ms. Daichi you propose medicinal use for terminal patients you also support the extract of hemp oils and hemp materials."

DAICHI: "The studies do show that marijuana is just as potentially toxic as tobacco smoke but the added benefits still show it's worthy of legalization or outright decriminalization. Personally I think we should legalize it all together but the first steps are to show it's benefits by gradually showing that"

SOMMERS: With that we are out of time for this evening, last words on the pot debate. Ms. Daichi"

DAICHI: "I rest."

FOREMAN: "My opinions still stand legalizing this gateway drug would be a mistake and detremental to the moral fabric of our country. Creating a culture of welfare bums and slackers"

GAMBLE: "I agree"

HALLORAN: "Marijuana is it 100% safe? Well maybe debatable but still many people die from abuse of over the counter and prescription medication. Many people die from alcohol poisoning, drunk drivers, second hand smoke and cancer by tobacco but these drugs all remain legal. We have trans fats, sugar all perfectly fine but the effects are the same then why is this treated as some dangerous substance. If I had it my way I'd legalize all of them. If you want to destroy your own body then do so if you don't harm anyone else. You are old enough to make these choices you are old enough to accept the consequences. And we as a nation should do more things than worry about what I consume on a daily basis. "

"Pretty heated debate with three major issues facing the country right now, from economic growth to the nature of our relations with the colony to our south and the legalization of marijuana some heated words exchanged between all the candidates. Accusations and a little mudslinging even about who's aligned with who and where loyalties lie really being called into question. The prominent conservative candidates being accused of saber rattling hoping to instigate conflict to boost their investments within the weapons manufacturing sector and accusations of being in the pocket of tobacco lobbies or being a puppet of one's spouse, something Daichi has faced plenty of since she announced her running for President. Living in the shadow of her husband's legacy not an easy thing to do. Still many other issues remain to be discussed such as Eeri's title being The Christian People's Republic, other financial and economic reforms, civil programs to better prepare for natural disasters all more to still come as this race heats up."
Last edited by Eeri on Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 pm

OOC:Biographical information on Shogun Kojiro - also known as McCarthy of Asia.

OFFICIAL BROADCAST OF THE SHOGUN MAKI KOJIRO

Honorable people of Eeri, who will vote in the upcoming elections:

I am addressing you now on a celebration. Some people would ask, why are you calling the elections a celebration? I am calling it that way because the elections are a celebration of a democratic political system known as democracy. Nihon will also very soon face elections to our Imperial Diet, which is why we congratulate you. Now if you would allow me, I would like to issue my personal endorsements for some candidates.

Adela Barnes-Daichi - san, you are the first one I would openly like to endorse, especially in admiration to your Christian spirit and devotion to God - which is what I also feel, for there is no me without Christ the Emperor, son of Heavenly Father. However, I would like to warn you from attempts to build welfare state, something, which, I do believe is contrary to what the word of Heavenly Father teaches, as the great apostle himself stated in 2nd Thessalonians 3 ; 10 "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." His words are applicable to us today, who plan national welfare policies, pointing us to how it should be. Still, I do personally believe in your most sincere intentions, and invite you to Ishikawa to negotiate a trade deal should you be elected.

Foreman - san, I would agree with your program on economic questions the most, as fellow supporter of the free market and low taxes. Foreman - san should also be praised for increased policy of immigration control while still denying radicalism of various groups; goal of border control is to control the state's interests, not to oppress immigrants. We live in the world where state must more and more firmly protect it's borders due to effects of globalization, which we can not stop, but to which we can easily adapt. Likewise, should he be elected, I would like to invite Foreman - san to Ishikawa to negotiate a trade deal.

Finally I would like to warn Eeri for voting on Halloran-san, whom I see as likely to be connected to international communist networks working to undermine sovereign states and bring in civilization of death, and likely to multiple drug cartels, considering the fact that his program is based upon "legalization of drugs", which are known in Grand Cuscatlan as "poor man's nuclear warhead". There is no question on harmful effects of such substances. Should Eeri elect him, the relations with the Empire of Greater Nihon are expected to deteriorate rapidly.

I ask Christ the Emperor to give all of you wisdom needed in upcoming elections, to make as wise choices as great philosopher Tan Zhi of old. Heavenly Father bless you all!

Kirisht tenno heika banzai!
Last edited by New Aeyariss on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 am

TO: The Honorable Kojiro
CC: daichicampaign16@starsmail.eer.org
SUBJECT: THANK YOU

Your Excellency, your message was received to my office and I read it. Normally thanks for endorsements are automatically generated but your time to write me made me feel obligated to write you back. I thank you for your glowing endorsement and for taking an interest in our political dealings at the time present. The election is a heated one and my fellow candidates have plenty to say for each other but at the end of the day we realize how important the democratic process is to our country. It's another key principal our country was founded on, along with seeking refuge from persecution more than two centuries ago.

I'm also glad to see you do disagree with me as it is important for me to remain vigilant about my own policies and concepts and I will work hard to ensure everyone who works hard in Eeri has the chance of a good life and will be rewarded. My time as First Lady I sought to do this and I seek to do more as President if elected and I hope I will get the chance to sit down with you personally to bring our nations together. As you kindly left me with a verse from the Bible I would like to do the same. "Proverbs 12:26: The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray."

Truly,
Adela Barnes-Daichi.

TO: The Honorable Kojiro
CC: ForemanforEeri@starsmail.eer.org
SUBJECT: RE: ENDORSEMENT

Good Sir, I thank you for the valuable advice and input and for your glowing endorsement. It's good to see a foreign leader take interest in our little country's election cycle and to remind our people vigilance is needed to protect this inalienable right of all of us. I hope I will be the one to personally negotiate any deals with your fine nation in the future otherwise I hope the Future President if it be not me, will feel the same.

Personally,
D.J. Foreman

TO: The Honerable Kojiro
CC:
SUBJECT: NO SUBJECT

Hon. Kojiro

Mr. Halloran regrets you feel the way about his campaign that you do. Mr. Halloran only wants to bring new changes to Eeri and propelling it into the future where we don't have to be held back by polices conceived from times of enlightenment. Thank you for your interest in the campaign, well wishes in the future.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

"Good evening to our viewers at home and around the world, on TV or by web, I'm James Peterson reporting live from The Rowling Arena here in downtown Mattoo, the heart of southern Eeri, the first major cross party debate since March. The last debate saw heated topics of economics of the nation, international relations, north-south-relations and the legalization of recreational marijuana. Tonight's issues include the controversial Amendment Six, the Supreme Court upholding of the official state religion, infrastructure and defense. Tonight's debate is moderated by WOLF's political corespondent, Yuriko Fukunaga, Yuriko."

"Thank you James and good evening to everyone watching we are reporting live from the Rowling Arena we are awaiting the candidates to assemble on stage and get ready for tonight's debate and the polls are looking very close. The Former First Lady is holding a marginal lead over her competitors but the conservative favorite, D.J. Foreman who is trailing by just a few points. The big surprise with Jason Halloran who went from dead last at the start of the March debates to edging out William Gamble another favorite of the Conservative Party. Halloran's growing momentum is seen by some as a changing tide in Eeri, the traditionally very conservative nation steeped in Christian values may be shifting into a new age and with many young voters coming of age to vote in this year's election he certainly has the appeal of a candidate outside the traditional establishment. Regardless of where the winds and polls are showing all candidates have brought their A-Game and are not willing to call it quits until election night. Looks like they are ready to begin, James I will see you after the debate."

"Thank you, Yuriko. While we continue to wait we just like to take a moment and thank our sponsors of tonight's telecast and streaming of the presidential debate."

Applause with all candidates assembled

FUKUNAGA: Our first issue is that of defense and defense spending. Voters want to know where candidates stand on spending, where some say it's too high some say it's not enough, Mr. Halloran you have been a proponent of slashing spending on defense some will say this will cost jobs in the defense and manufacturing industries.

HALLORAN: Well let's put slash into perspective first. I'm asking for a 5% reduction, now the former First Lady wants to cut by 1% and oddly no one calls her on it. Yes while cutting on spending in defense will end jobs the excess money saved on needless spending can be filtered back into other programs, programs to help these people find other jobs in other industries and pave the way for new peaceful industries. Eeri spends way to much on it's defense program when we haven't fought a major war in over a 100 years! It's more of a money bleeder than what my opponents claim my social programs would cost. With that much diverted to other avenues, we can rebuild our infrastructure, make education affordable for everybody, increase welfare and food programs for needy families and create new jobs elsewhere.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Gamble?

GAMBLE : One of the nation's biggest industries is weapons manufacturing, nobody can deny that. Don't like it, tough. The fact is, we don't just make weapons for ourselves, we make them for other countries. Many countries buy the good we make here in Eeri, that's more than 20,000 jobs servicing our economy and we get these jobs because of defense contracts. Mr. Halloran's plan will cost jobs, cost more money and any surplus will be funneled right back into welfare, welfare instead of putting people who want to work back to work you'll be taking their jobs away and putting them on a welfare subsidy instead of a job they can take pride in.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Foreman, your plan is to not only increase the defense budget but also increase military benefits what specifically do you plan to increase?

FOREMAN: Mr. Gamble talks a big game about keeping jobs but nowhere in his run for president has he ever asked for an expansion. Simply keeping our budget as is, is not good enough we need to increase spending and research. For one this is a very dangerous world we are living in now. Terrorism, natural disasters, civil and political conflicts, nation states are falling as fast as they are rising. Eeri needs to be ready for whatever comes our way and we need to prevent crisis before it occurs. My opponents would rather respond to crisis after well I think no Eerian life is worth the risk. We should show that anyone who messes with us will get hell back. We will not simply speak softly and carry a big stick we will shout loud and clear if you mess with the bull you will get the horns. Not only by increasing the budget will we be secure and safer but we can see a big military pay increase, an increase not seen in 16 years now. Better medical benefit packages families or individuals serving in our forces will have access too and great retirement benefits for those who serve us dutifully and willingly.

FUKUNAGA: Mrs. Daichi, you have propose a modest spending cut of the defense budget critics have said it too will cost jobs.

DAICHI: Well unlike Mr. Halloran's more drastic cuts my cuts are far more modest, my cuts only apply to lengthy and expensive R&D programs that don't deliver on their promises. We spent over 600 Billion Ameros on a fighter jet and only produced 11 of them. 11 jets for 600 Billion. Money could have been used to actually give our servicemen and women the needed pay raise they deserve, money for our space program, education so many programs could have been funded with that money but we spent it on 11 fighter jets. Mr. Foreman wants us to speak loud about how powerful we are, he hasn't heard of escalation. His dangerous line of thought is what is going to put us into a lengthy and costly arms race. We need to defend ourselves but not at the expense of our nation's budget. My cut will scrutinize pork barrel military projects and filter them where they are needed and still have plenty left over to keep us well protected.

FUKUNAGA: Candidates, thank you. We now move onto Infrastructure development and spending.

DAICHI: Our country is crumbling. Roads are in shoddy shape, pipes are failing and leaking we need to invest now before it's too late. Over the years we've had some impressive programs, expanding our water and sewage lines for cleaner water even in the most rural of places to building vast interstates and railways linking our nation together I want to put more Eerians to work by building up and repairing. No doubt it will be costly which is why I plan to partner with the private industry and our friends abroad to jointly work together to support our infrastructure and their own.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Foreman you largely agree but have different plans of execution.

FOREMAN: Mrs. Barnes sounds noble in her intent. But her program is costly and puts us at the mercy of foreign nations. Us investing in foreign nations abroad is not going to create jobs here, it's going to create jobs there, it's going to put us into more debt to be owned by them. Her plans would largely expand our trade deficit. Partnering with the Private Industry is already an excellent start but that means giving and taking a little as well. I will give industry that build and develops areas for the good of its business and community the tools and the money to do so. We will put people to work by getting out to build our roads and bridges and waterways. Not only that our shambling border towns and connections to the South, well perhaps it's time the South chips in as well. The South will bare the brunt of the cost.

GAMBLE: Building our infrastructure will not be cheap or easy. The manpower required alone will be substantial. Which is why I propose a worker incentive program as well as a prison work program. Our felons will go to work along side to pay their debt to society by helping to rebuild it. The payment will come by a slight increase in the fuel tax sure but will also come from slashing spending in other programs that drain us. Cutting welfare programs and putting people to work on our roads is what will solve employment programs not handouts to panhandlers. I will also happily stand along side my opponent by saying we will have South Eeri pay their share of the control of rivers running to and from South Eeri that they love to use just as much to ship their goods to nations to our north, east and west. They want to use our interstates to transport goods by road, our airports and airfields for their cross regional trade, they too will be paying their share.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Halloran

HALLORAN: All my opponents conveniently leave out the cost to parade themselves as good fiscal conservatives. I'm not going to sugar coat it and I'm going to be straight with the people of Eeri. It's going to cost us 3.6 Trillion Ameros to get our infrastructure up to good standards and the only way to do that is to invest, invest by cutting and spending. Grabbing people from abroad helps the labor but these people require pay, housing, food, lodging. An augmentation in the taxes and a surge in the fuel tax is what is needed for the good of our building and the good of our environment. I get it, nobody likes having their taxes go up, but consider this good people of Eeri we can invest 3.6 Trillion now, or 300 Trillion in five years. As for their empty promises of getting the private sector involved, you going to see retailers who already import cheap goods from abroad really sinking a billion into a road way? Is the Fortune 500 Company that's so worried about its bottom line that it cuts jobs to save a few bucks so their CEOs can pocket a little more each quarter is really going to invest in a waterway. How do they intend to get South Eeri which is an automatons nation under the commonwealth of an equally wealthy and powerful nation, to pay for this? Eeri is a speck in the regional affairs of The Heartland region them loosing a few billion in trade isn't going to keep them awake at night. We, we have to take our initiative as a nation and build our future now, for our children and their children we cannot ask those who are unwilling to do so and we have to bite the bullet and take our medicine.

FUKUNAGA: Candidates in addition to spending there's also matters of civil defense and preparedness. Mr. Halloran you propose further R&D into the Eeri Meteorological Center.

HALLORAN: It's been five months since we last debated and we've been out on the road and plenty has happen since then. We've had three reschedules due to weather and we've had a 66 fatalities from severe storms and 2/3 of those were from delayed warnings. EMC not only tracks severe weather it also tracks climate data and climate change is a real factor that's hurting our farmlands. More research will save lives and save money. Farmers will be able to better prepare for prolonged dry seasons by planting hardier crops, anticipating hail and wind and homes and business won't have to close just because of the potential of severe weather. But they can't take that chance unless they know what they are in for, the EMC is valuable and needs its budget tripled.

GAMBLE: I think Mr. Halloran lives in a dream world, you can predict the weather but weather is still unpredictable. The EMC serves Eeri well but at the end of the day it's one of our extra agencies that needs only one purpose, tell us when to take cover, tell us when it's sunny or tell us when it's rainy. Tripling the budget sounds well and good but I guarantee it will eat through that in a year before asking for more. If the EMC wants more money it needs to deliver results or join the private sector.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Foreman you were one of the architects of the agency but you feel as it the budget is fine?

FOREMAN: The EMC is a fine state agency and as it stands it is just fine. As Mr. Gamble said you can't predict every aspect of the weather so to expand the EMC now would be just more money bleeding.

FUKUNAGA: Mrs. Daichi

DAICHI: I'm in agreement with Mr. Halloran, the EMC should have it's budget increased on all aspects and it should remain fully owned by the state.

FUKUNAGA: Mrs. Daichi you've also planned to have tornado shelters mandatory in all public buildings do you still stand by that?

DAICHI: I do. Tornadoes are to Eeri the same way cattle and wheat are they are apart of our life here and we should be ready for them. When the EF4 tornado in 2012 tore through Mabinogi, a great amount of deaths came from people trapped outside on the road, in public buildings not properly equipped to deal with a disaster. If more buildings had equiped rooms able to handle people in their business we can reduce casualties like that.

FUKUNAGA: Rebuttal, candidates?

FOREMAN: No doubt the first lady's heart is in the right place but this is a case of more over-regulation on the private sector.

DAICHI: Excuse me candidate but as I recall several counties already have such ordinances in place for Government buildings and schools. And as I recall you as Mayor proposed mandatory lightning rods on all government buildings.

FOREMAN: On government buildings I did not force any private sector businesses into it. Local ordinances are one thing, sweeping federal action is another entirely.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Gamble.

GAMBLE: I agree entirely with Mr. Foreman on this, there is no need to burden the private sector with costly renovations. A little common sense and preparedness goes a long way.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Halloran?

HALLORAN: I do think Mrs. Daichi has a good solid proposal but again it does not go far enough. Between adding more funding for EMC for better prediction her shelter law should expand to homes as well. More than half the casualties from that 2012 storm were people in their homes, homes not properly constructed to withstand even the most basic storm.

FUKUNAGA: Thank you candidates.

FUKUNAGA: Our final topic of the evening is that of Amendment 6, designating Eeri as the Christian People's Republic, upholding the national religion while still allowing for free practice of Religion. Mr. Halloran you have been vocal about repealing the Amendment.

HALLORAN: Amendment 6 is the greatest misstep in the history of our nation. I feel people have mistaken what it means to be a nation founded by religious people and being a theocratic nation. Eeri was never intended as a theocratic nation but a democratic one. We have all religions in Eeri but at the end of the day we need our clear separation of Church and state and limits our opportunities with other nations who aren't as devout.

FUKUNAGA: Mr. Gamble and Mr. Foreman you both have supported the amendment, in accordance with the rules Mr. Gamble you have your turn.

FOREMAN: Madam Moderator, I'll yield my time.

GAMBLE: Eeri may not be a theocratic government, but we are religious and devout nation. We are a democratic country that is supposed to be representative of its people and the people are majority Christian. I'm not ashamed to admit I am and others are here as well. Amendment 6 reflects us as a people just as many other nations declare the religion of their founding or of their people but are still able to function as a free society with other religions.

FUKUNAGA: Mrs Daichi you have only propose a reconsideration but not outright repeal.

DAICHI: Personally I don't entirely disagree with it as a Christian myself however I think it is important to review this very carefully. As a nation that values liberty especially free practice of religion we need to ensure that designating ourselves as the CPR is really the will of our people. I feel this is an issue that should have been voted upon through referendum and let the people decide what Eeri's future designation will be.

FUKUNAGA: Rebuttal, Mr. Halloran

HALLORAN: The Referendum idea is Mrs. Daichi playing nice and easy along the middle ground without having the courage to stand up and say a prosperous nation is a secular one. Of course the majority will manage to squeak out the minority in a vote, it's simply an easy way to look like this is the desire of the people without having to play the bad guy on either end.

FUKUNAGA: Candidates, thank you that will conclude tonight's debate.[/spoiler]

PETERSON: "Another debate with the candidates all laying out their proposals and plans for the future, with infrastructure spending taking up the majority of time. Halloran really laying it on bluntly. Let's rejoin Yuri Fukunaga with her analysis of tonight's debate."

FUKUNAGA: "James it was a lengthy debate tonight with infrastructure really taking up most of the time, surprising as most would have thought with the Constitutional amendment and defense spending on the agenda. Also interesting that candidates only gave two rebuttals tonight perhaps the fewest in recent memory. Mrs. Daichi and Mr. Halloran were crowd favorites this evening but the religious issues also really rose audiences when it game to Gamble's statements on the state of the controversial designation of Eeri, back to you James."

"Thank you, Yuri and stay tuned to WOLF for more political analysis and election coverage from our studio in Mabinogi, this is your number one election source, good night."
Last edited by Eeri on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:31 pm

The Debates have finished and the polls are now open, Eeri citizens will now take to the polls to vote in their next President of their country for the next six years. WOLF press would like to know to those at home and abroad who do you think should be the next president of Eeri? Please submit your vote in the poll!

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:16 pm

(this is a bump up for more votes)

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:12 pm

WOLF

"Good evening everyone, I'm Victor Kind, Elizabeth Wood is off tonight. Election weeks is here and it's plenty busy. Millions of citizens are flocking to the polls to finally vote the candidate who they fell will be the best to take the role of President for the next six years. Since early spring there's been several campaigns and heated debates between all the candidates with plenty of exchanges and criticism and commentary regarding their plans for the future and their records.

Daichi (I)
4 Million
44%
According to latest polls the race is a very close one, with the Former First Lady Adela Barnes-Daichi holding a narrow lead with 44% just creeping ahead from last reports.

Foreman (C)
3 Million
33%
Conservative Candidate, Senator Donald Joseph Foreman tailing not far behind with 33% of the vote being only just edged out yesterday by the former first lady. But he isn't the only party candidate in contention right now

Gamble (C)
1 Million
11%

Senator William Gamble's short lead seems to have already puttered out gaining 11% of the vote. This is the first time since 1990 that a party has had more than one candidate vying for the President.

Halloran (L)
1 Million
11%
Trailing at the end, Liberal Party Candidate, Jason Halloran just now starting to show some support in the polls tying with Gamble for the time being. Eeri has only had one Liberal Party candidate ever as President and that was Jonah Taylor all the way back in 1926! The Liberal Party has certainly gained more support in recent years but as some political commentators have put it, the party is simply not aligned with the ideals of Eeri as a whole.

Each of the campaign headquarters for all candidates are busy and buzzing with activity, volunteers reminding voters to set out to the polls and per tradition even the still sitting President has given his address and asking businesses to close timely and quickly and allow their employees adequate time to vote. In the meantime let's see how each of our candidates are doing before the polls close on Saturday. Vivica Wolf is live from the Barnes Campaign HQ with Presidential Hopeful, Adela Barnes-Daichi."

"Thank you Victor, I am here with the former First Lady and maybe soon to be our first woman President, Adela Barnes-Daichi wife of the former President Daichi, political professor and now Presidential Candidate. Madam congratulations for coming this far you must be excited"

"Very excited and very thrilled this is a great moment for us."

"It's been a long battle so far for you and now the polls are showing you gaining a slight advantage in this race, how do you feel your team will take the victory?"

"Well I think we'll keep reminding the people where I stand on the issues that matter, I feel we will make sure that everyone's vote is heard and counted for even with some pushes to cause more restrictions. My staff are working very hard, going door-to-door, calling on the phone, sending out e-mails, hitting Social Media sites reminding everyone to get out and vote."

"How do you respond to criticism or accusations that your campaign is really a front for your Husband to find his way back into the President and run things from behind the scenes?"

"My dear Husband has served the country dutifully and his time in that position has passed. His two-term Presidency was a great one and many people look fondly on those years but I am me, my own person my own woman here. Just as he looked to me for advice when he was President I will look to him but at the end of the day my decisions will be my own."

"One of your biggest platforms it to repeal Amendment 6 and reclassify Eeri back to a simple Republic are you worried that will cost you some of the more Conservative vote?"

"Well I think those voters have already decided to vote for either Foreman or Gamble but I think others will agree with me, Eeri's designation as a Christian Republic makes us seem exclusionary when we are much more inclusive. We've had a strong history of great religious acceptance in this country and today we have many faiths intermingling among us. Muslims, Christians, Jews all faiths have come because they know this is the kind of place for that. Our history may be with Christians but that is not our identify as a whole."

"Madam do you feel you are Liberal Leaning, Conservative Leaning or just somewhere in the middle?"

"I feel I'm middle. I feel my own faith has guided me to go with my conscious and I feel many other nations have set examples of being a prosperous and wealthy nation that can keep that and help the less fortunate among us. I feel we can be a tolerant and inclusive place for all people and maintain liberty we strived for hundreds of years ago. We fled persecution two-centuries ago and we should keep that idea alive."

"One last question, you've been addressed by your maiden and married name when it comes to being President do you plan on that trend?"

(laugh) "To be honest I haven't decided. I might continue with my maiden name to reinforce the fact I am not going to be a shadow of my husband's time but I wouldn't be the first to share a name after all. Call me whatever you like."

"You heard it here, From Campaign Headquarters of Adela Barnes I'm Vivica Wolf, WOLF News, Eeri."

"Thank you, Vivica. When we return we will check in with Sean Edwards with D.J. Foreman, William Gamble and Jason Halloran. We'll be right back."

Hokkaido-Sakhalin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hokkaido-Sakhalin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Daichi will be endorsed by the PRHS in the Eeri election.
Land of Japanese Vodka and modified T-80s.
Pro: Conservative Socialism, egalitarianism, secularism, interventionism, cultural integration
Anti: BLM radicals, feminazis, drugs, occupy wall street, stalinism, Hillary Clinton

Radio Ezo: Maria Skvornerskaya wins Silver Medal in Luge at Pyeongchang!

Anthem: Listen, Workers of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QcurwD-o0

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Election Still Too Close to Call!

Postby Eeri » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Saturday, October 15

"Welcome back to WOLF your election HQ, I'm Victor Kind. Eeri has flocked to the polls and the votes are still too close to call and with several counties still waiting to hand over their results but things are pretty tough on this election evening while we in Mabinogi are enjoying a peaceful autumn evening things are pretty tough for some other counties. Let's check in live with Amy Randall from South Georgia County where right now there under a sever storm warning."

"Andy, you're right the rain has been falling non-stop all evening here and it's slowed everything to a crawl, just behind me is a flooded out road closed to all motor and foot traffic for the safety of the public this is a very unusual election night indeed, the County Comissions has said it has been able to received ballots mailed and polled but right now here in the County Seat of Mayfield they're having issues getting the ballots set up to the capital it is likely they won't be able to get them delivered until tomorrow or even Monday at the latest depends if the county and nation's strict blue laws regarding Sunday activity by Government agencies can be overridden by national decree if not it may be another full week before we can get the results of this election, in the meantime last tracked Daichi is maintaining a narrow lead over her competitors even getting a last minute endorsement by the people of Hokkaido-Sakhalin only time can tell, back to you in the Studio."

"Thank you Amy, in the meantime let's head to Alexander Wu reporting from the Foreman HQ now, Alex how are things going down there?"

"Vic the mood is still hopeful and optimistic that the Senator Foreman will sweep in a victory from behind while polls are squeaking just on ahead for The former First Lady, Daichi there's still plenty of buzz and excitement for the Presidental Hopeful here tonight. Let's see, Senator, Senator a few words sir, congratulations for making it this far it's been a very tough race."

"Absolutley all the candidates have really brought their A-game to this election year."

"You were Sectary of State under the Daichi Administration and now the former First Lady is your opponent was there any reservations to your running when she entered the race?"

"Not at all, I fully respect the family and I felt President Daichi was a fine man to serve under but it's clear her politics differ greatly from that of her husband and that of the Administration I served under, I want to take what happened in those years to the next step. I want to get Eeri on the right track where we can be a prosperous and industries nation, reinvigorating our manufacturing and agriculture base and show the world we aren't a nation to be toyed with to protect our national interest. I want to keep jobs here in Eeri and I want people to take pride in their country and want us to recapture the moral spirit that made us a great nation to start with. "

"Many have questioned your big proposal to increase the voting age, opponents accuse you of limiting voting rights and trying to skew the vote conservative."

"There's a reason many older people vote that way. Youth of the country is important but at 18 they're just starting out in the world, going into education or the work force they don't understand many of the things that makes government tick and what it takes to run a nation with a balanced budget this is experience that comes with age and years in the work force. In the days of our forefathers they understood this which was why voting was limited to older adults. It is true younger people vote liberal more often and older vote conservative but that's younger people voting with their emotions and not logically with their head. Really if up to me I'd rather see the age of voting up to 30 but compromise is compromise and 21 is what we settled on."

"Sir what about the argument that at 17 they can marry, join the army, own land to farm or ranch. And at 18 they can legally use tobacco products and consume alcohol."

"Well besides the argument of tobacco or alcohol consumption they can do these at that age because as I said voting should come through time of lifetime experience. Experience gained through all those things."

"If elected what do you feel the first major course of action will be for you?"

"Well of course first and foremost appointing a new cabinet as standard procedure goes and begin working on enacting all the legislation I have in mind and begin forming plans for the many other promises I've made. I hope to appoint a strong cabinet that will follow the plans I have and have the ambitions to brainstorm some of their own."

"From Foreman Election HQ in Mabinogi, I'm Alex Wu, WOLF News, Eeri."

"Thank you, Alex. When we return we will check in on rival conservative candidate, William Gamble from his Election HQ in Augustine."

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:31 pm

"Welcome back to WOLF your election HQ, I'm Victor Kind. The votes are still being tallied but latest polls still show Daichi having a marignal lead over the Conservative Favorite, Foreman tailing very close behind. We've talked with two of our candidates so far but now we're going live to Stephanie May with William Gamble from his Election HQ in his home city of Augustine, Stephanie."

"Thank you, good evening Eeri and the rest of the world from WOLF News, I'm Stephanie May with William Gamble, Conservative Candidate for President. Mr. Gamble it's been a long rocky road to the election and it was a challange for you to get on the ballot but here you are but still looking like this race will fall between the former First Lady and Senator Foreman are you already planning concession?"

"Well I think we still have a chance as we wait for more of the counties to report in"

"Some have said you were a far too radical candidate how do you respond to those critics?"

"It's interesting to see what is deemded as a radical, mostly by the left and not by the hardworking men and women who want to see me in office, not to the people trapped in a cycle of poverty hoping for a new and better opportunity for themselves and their family. My record speaks for itself, I stand for the Moral Fabirc of this nation, which is why I helped shamed Samara's Law greatly reducing violent crime against youth. I shaped many of the laws that help the disabled find and stay with work and not have to rely on assistance allowing them to be independent. I have the endorsement of Secretary of State Borque a man with an equally strong moral center."

"Regarding Secretary of State Borque are you considering him for the Vice Presidency?"

"Mr. Borque is on my shortlist of candidates I'd like to see as my Vice President I think he'd be good but I have to consider all my candidates carefully."

"As a Conservative Candidate many have said your fiscal policies are more aligned with the Libertarian ideology?"

"I understand why many may say such a thing. My opponent is more of an economic liberal but I believe in Eeri First. Rather than allowing foreign business to come in and take our jobs or allowing our jobs to go south I want to build our nation, our infrastructure our military up. I want to show Eeri is a force in this world to be reckoned with on an economic level. "

"Your proposal for the so-called great-wall-of-Eeri has gained a lot of attention and a lot of scrutiny at home and abroad, do you really feel South Eeri will want to pay for this wall?"

"It's pretty clear the South is content with being the subjects of a Monarch millions of miles away in a country that took land from what was rightfully ours. They complain when our crime spills over their border and we complain just the same. We need to build a wall to keep our borders defined. No more headaches about jurisdictions of border towns those who want to be in the North can be squarely with us and those who want to go with the South will."

"Do you feel this will hamper ecomonic prospects, especially considering South Eeri sits along the gulf of major fishing and energy production."

"Eeri has for hundreds of years sustained itself since the seizing of the land to our South and we can do it without a nation that already imposes a high tariff I believe it's as much as 20%. Eeri has become to dependent on foreign trade and we are getting nothing in return it's time we ramp up our industry and be on the negotiating end of this table for once."

"Mr. Gamble, thank you for your time. Strong words, while the polls are showing unclear future for the Gamble Campaign, the Senator remains confident of a victory for his team, back to you in the Studio."

"Thank you, Stephanie. We'll be taking a break but when we come back, we'll check in with the final candidate, running for the Liberal Party, Senator Jason Halloran."

Army of the Jehovah Witnesses
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

terrorists threaten elections

Postby Army of the Jehovah Witnesses » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:30 pm

"This is a message from the Army of Jehovah Witnesses, here to announce the invisible return of the Christ Michael the Ark Angel, and to proclaim the Thousand Year kingdom of Jehovah from his sacred Pleiades throne as foretold by the Great pyramid, the poor have suffered for too long and the buzzards hunger for the flesh of the rich. Expect us for we are the Army set up to destroy Babylon the Great and proclaim the Kingdom of Jehovah. We will disrupt the elections, we will begin terrorist attacks against Eeri nation which does not know Jehovah and follows Christendom instead of God's organization on earth, we are prepared to do sacred war against Babylon and we will!"
Last edited by Army of the Jehovah Witnesses on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:36 pm

OOC: Ignored. Please take the time to make a proper post in the future. Start by educating yourself by reading the forum stickies and consult NS Mentors.

Eeri
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:02 pm

The votes have been tallied and the Electorate Comission has determined ADELA DAICHI has achieved the necessary valid votes to be named the next president of Eeri. Ms. Daichi would like to thank all who had contributed to her campaign and is looking forward to assuming office on January 1. Further comments and press inquires may be directed to her campaign headquarters.

Conservative Party Candidate D.J. Foreman has issued his concession:

It was a long and hard fought election and Mrs. Daichi was a very formidable candidate. I will continue my work in the Upper House to work with our New President to represent my constituents and ensure their voice is hear in Mabinogi.

Conservative Party Candidate William Gamble has issued his concession:
I worked hard but the voters have spoken, they are anxious to see what First Lady Daichi will bring to the table and I will be back to work in Congress to continue working on the issues that matter to the voters.

Liberal Party Candidate Jason Halloran has issued his concession:

It's great to see Eeri has progressed so much to elect a woman president. I hope we'll continue moving forward as a country and are able to get to a point where the dream of a fully democratic society of and by the people will be realized.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates