NATION

PASSWORD

Vostojek/Lindenbrau / Fall of the Rot Einheit (closed IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:24 pm

Eva was fed up with lies and leftists. She have ben sleeping for 4 hours each night for a week now and it was all thanks to a raising organisation named the Rot Einheit (Red Unity) had been bothering the Linden SS members family with threats and attacks. This group of people had also been building a resistance to create both opposition and chaos. The Reichskansler was fed up with them and had been spending the last days contacting sister and brother nations in the region. She slammed her hand in the table and wrinkled the piece of paper that she was writing on before she threw it over the room. "Give me my press secretary! SCHNELL!" She screamed as a piece of hair fell in front of her face.

She was famous for her elegance as well as her rage. Van Der Linde was in that way a copy of August Hirschner, the former Reichskansler. They both came out as quite bipolar with the aggression problems and some believed that they were in some way related. Van der Linde was different in only one way. her rhetorical skills was top notch and she was unbelievably sharp when it came to debating. She had the mouth of gold but a heart of stone.

The door suddenly opened as Benjamin Kaufman, a major in Linden SS entered the room. He lifted his right hand and clicked his heels together. "Reichskansler, High Emperor of Vostojek is here to see you.". She sighed and moved the piece of hair back in it's place. "Send him in." she responded in a much calmer voice than used before.

Last edited by Lindenbrau on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:12 pm

High Emperor Revan had met his fair share of characters. His varied life experiences exposed him to a whole spectrum of human behaviour, nothing surprised him anymore. Yet... there was something about Eva Van der Linde, something new. He admired her. Maybe it was her determination. Or perhaps it was her oratory skills. Or her charm and elegance which shone through her letters. His thoughts drifted to the problems facing Lindenbrau. Imperial spies had told him of this new menace, the Red Unity. Revan was no stranger to communist dissidents, and part of him believed helping Van der Linde could usher in a new era of prosperity between two similar-minded nations.

Revan pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind, and focussed on the current task. Meeting Eva.

"She will see you now, Imperator." said an emotionless man in a uniform.

He entered the room amongst his personal bodyguard of four Praetorians, coming to a halt before her desk. "Leave us." he commanded. Without hesitation, the Praetorians saluted the Emperor and turned heel, leaving swiftly.

"A pleasure to finally meet you in person Ma'am." Revan stated, maintaining eye contact. The High Emperor, although not long as the head of Vostojek, was a talented diplomat, and well versed in the ways of politics. "I understand you have a problem."

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Eva stood up and awaited as the guest asked her guard to step back. The Linden SS man remained in the room. Never had he ever left her alone in that room while being visited by represents from other nations. He trusted nobody which was the one thing that Eva appreciated the most with him. Eva had been in contact with High Emperor Revan for almost a month now. He was wide aware of the situation on a shallow level but it would be foolish to leave out the details.

"Welcome to the great Reich of Lindenbrau High Emperor. Sit down please.". She moved her hand over the guest chairs in front of her and sat down. "As I have mentioned. There has been plenty of attacks on my staff and their families. I can secure them their safety but I can not understand where these organisations grows from? I have banned everything from organisation founding and open borders to elections and media that is not authorized by the government.". She sighed and placed a newspaper on the desk faced towards him.

"I am pressing them backwards and some lives has been spilled on the way but I think it is time to take drastic actions. This can't be going on for much longer."
Last edited by Lindenbrau on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:10 am

Revan took his seat. "Does he always listen to affairs of state?" questioned Revan, gesturing at the emotionless man in the uniform. Eva gave him a slight nod, he understood. Revan let out a breathe in amusement. How much she could trust one man with so much information? It was certainly something he would never do. He thought back to the many threats he'd faced during his ascension and reign... Now is no time for such thoughts.

"Well Eva, if I may call you that? I can tell you we have had similar problems in the past. I brought with me a dossier on our war with Brasilistan. As you can see, after our victory and subsequent occupation, we had trouble with resistance and dissidents. Take a look through, perhaps you may find it useful." said Revan, with a slight sly grin. "I must confess however that Vostojek's transit to the current establishment was a smoother one, as the people welcomed change from my predeccessor, the Red King. That being said, I'm still willing to offer assisstance." The Emperor maintained eye contact for a few seconds. Dealing with perpetual conflict to help consolidate his power had taken its toll on the High Emperor, but he did not allow himself to show it. Perhaps here he could finally find a lasting ally, and satisfy some of the more brazen voices in his government.

"What say you?" quizzed Revan. He eagerly awaited her response.

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Eva did not bother to comment his notice about the fact that they were joined by the Linde SS man. She had always had people around her. Law and order was not only to of great importance the nation but to every single one of the staff members working for the Volksfront. The fact that he even questioned her made her a bit upset but in the same way as she understood his intentions. They were only of good matters and this made her feel more safe with him then she was by the second he entered the room. Eva was slight paranoid since the attacks on the former Reichskansler in 2010. The Secretary of Defense, Bella Von Schwartz was a bad influence on Eva when it came to being cautious. She gave the SS man a small grin just as a sign that history was once again repeating itself. It had not been the first time someone questioned this precise decision.

"My people are different. They do not learn to accept. They¨ve already dealt with misery and from what I can see. They are already forming a Rot resistance. I sign that we are not strong enough. They ask, I do. That is how we do things here in Lindenbrau. but every strong leader must be surrounded with strong assistance when poverty kicks in. You offer on assistance is greatly welcomed." She did not blink even once. Her eyes were vide open and could be described as piercing nails for anyone who did not know her. She could see right through anyone or anything and was not intimidated by titles or reputation of the person that she dealt with. "Because you do know what you are doing?" she added. Her questioning negotiation technique was famous all over the nation and was by meny criticized. It was a fifty fifty risk of appearing as doubtful which was could to many seem like she was unsure or once again paranoid but in most cases it had been the triumph card that she used to sort out the rats from the real.

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Revan laughed. "Of course I know what I'm doing." he said, smiling. He understood Eva's intent behind her words, and he humoured her. He had done this before. The occupation of Brasilistan was met with mixed responses from the international community, some praised the action as a just cause, others believed Vostojek's use of force was excessive. The subsequent resistance following the invasion saw some of the most horrific terror attacks the Empire had ever seen. It had been a real test of the Emperor's leadership and strength, constant pressure from government members and citizens alike. But above all expectations, even his own, he prevailed.

"As you can read in the dossier" he continued, "your Red Unity problem has many similarities with the rebels in Brasilistan. I see you as a good leader Eva, with the interests of your people at heart, but you must be careful. You say your citizens have already started forming a resistance, which if left unchecked, could come back to haunt you. That being said, I'm sure someone like you wouldn't have such a problem" he smiled at her, and raised his eyebrows briefly. His face returned back to a stoic composure. "I am happy to involve my Imperial Spies, as well as my Arcani special forces soldiers for any training your people may need. In return I would like permission to trade commodities with you, I see you have a large Uranium sector here. I also would like to set up an Imperial embassy here in the capital, and to allow my citizens to emigrate here and start businesses. Once the conflict is over, of course. Truly, Ma'am, I believe this is an opportunity for a new era of prosperity between our two vibrant nations. Do you have any objections?" He gestured with his hand to Eva, and then jokingly to the Linde SS man. "Do you?"
Last edited by Vostojek on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:33 pm

The Lindenbrau führer went through the dossier. She was not really surprised. Vostojek was as honest and pure as Lindenbrau and not the first country you would want against you. "We are talking the same language Revan, IF I might call you that. We are practically standing in the same situation and my intentions are not to move the problem. Right now I am open for anything as long as I can assure the safety of my pure people and citizens of Lindenbrau. You would not think that I would sell my nation our for freedom would you? " She went up from her chair and started walking around in the big office room that was mainly designed after the drawings and commands by the former führer. The sun sneaked in through one of the curtains and hit her white-grey hair and gave it a metallic look. "Revan, let's talk seriously shall we? I have closed the borders and made it very clear that nobody enters Lindenbrau without governmental approval. It is not a matter of work force it is a matter of something much bigger and more important. Purity!. Regardless to the maximum security of your boarders and how the majority of your people could be classified as aryan, I am going to reject your proposal and respond to it with another." She grabbed one of the curtains and pulled it away a bit. The sun kissed her face like a newlywed teenager would kiss his spouse. "Uranium is a physical matter that balances the nations economy. I would lie if I told you different, but my people have no price and are not for sale." She took a deep breath before she turned around and continued. "You will get you embassy and I will sign the Uranium agreement in one condition. That we get to open up an embassy in your capitol and that every person who crosses our boarders are listed as aryan, pure, have a clean crime record, not tax dept and are secured to not be involved with any terror activity. I also want free import of your finest beef."

She turned towards him and placed herself once again in her chair. She looked him straight in to his eyes and smiled before she almost whispered. "So, do we have a deal?"

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 am

Revan smiled. He had hoped for a good deal, but to get one so quickly, and with such favourable terms, filled him with joy. "Excellent, I will happily sign a trade agreement. Uranium for beef." he said, his words floating through the air with happiness. "As for your border policy, well I'm happy to oblige there as well. We don't send our worst people abroad, looks very bad on all of us in Vostojek. I will respect your desire for purity, the News Ministry will immediately begin advertising for our Aryan children to share in our combined prosperity!" Although there was some reservation in accepting the border policy, Revan knew it would be the best for his people. He had once followed a similar isolationist policy, but with little success. Perhaps with Lindenbrau it would be different. He needed allies, good allies. Perhaps Eva would be the first of many good and loyal people around him. Revan continues, "As for military aid, I will send my best commander, General Marius, to meet with your top officers to see where my forces would be best placed to help train your people. Vostojek has a strong and disciplined military, you will not be disappointed. Should you want weapons, our Arms Manufacturing is happy to do business with you too." Revan stood up, a sharp pain shot through his leg. One of his old war wounds playing up again. He tried his best to hide his discomfort, even though he felt Eva was a good person, he did not want to appear too weak at their first proper meeting. "Well Ma'am, it has been an absolute pleasure to finally meet you in person and come to a rational agreement, I kiss you for it." Revan took Eva's hand and kissed it lightly, before turning to the Linden SS man in the corner. "I suppose I'll be seeing a lot more of you then soldier." Revan gave him a coy, almost taunting smile, before turning back to Eva. "Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:15 am

Eva Van der Linde was famous to be both hard and easy to deal with. She had her strict opinions in some matters and was very reasonable in others. She knew that the deal was not going to hurt the nations economy. Gambling with the finances was not her thing. She had always been sharp when it came to numbers and her hawk eye oversight on the situation in the nation made it easy for her to make quick decisions but never to quick. She smiled back, happy that it had been so easy to reason with Revan. He was known to be strong hearted but had always appeared as quite a hard man. She would have to rethink for future involvements with Vostojek. "As for military assistance, you would have to speak to Bella Von Schwartz, our secretary of defense. I could just answer your questions right here and now but of what use would she be if I did not let her handle it. I give her my full trust and support in every decision she make. A war veteran who lost her husband in the war against Peronesia. I am sure that General Marius will get a long perfectly with former General Von Schwartz." Eva was a people person and she could very well see that he was in pain. That was also one of the reasons to why she mentioned Bella. He would probably even feel some sort of strange comfort in engaging in political activity with her.

Eva smiled as he mentioned the purity agreement. "I an see that you are a man of your promises but we both know that promises are documented." She waved her pointing finger in the direction of the office table for him to return to have a seat. She turned towards the Linden SS-man. "Would you leave us alone for a minute?" The man gave her a proper heil before he left the room and closed the big door after him. She grabbed a bottle of her finest whiskey from one of the cabins under her desk and took forward two crystal glasses. She pored it up for them both to enjoy before she placed one of the glasses in front of Revan. "It was a gift from August Herchner to me right after he resigned." She smelled the whiskey and tilted her head. "Mmm even better a year later once I first opened it I am sure it is just imagination but I'd at least like to believe so." She paused. "Revan, tell me about your dreams. Allies does not hide secrets from each other am I right?" Eva smiled and placed her glass on the desk before she leaned back in her chair to just listen.

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:53 am

Revan sat down, letting out a sigh of pain relief. He shifted uncomfortably for a moment before taking the glass in front of him. He swirled the liquid around for a few seconds before drinking the whole glass. Revan exhaled as the whiskey burned its way through him. He placed the glass back on the table. "That's excellent, been a while since I've had a good vintage whiskey. Thankyou." He paused for a moment. "I'm sure General Marius would enjoy working with Von Schwartz immensely, he's an excellent tactician. He can be a little hard to handle at times, but you shouldn't have a problem." With these words, Revan had a small flashback to the war which won him power, sitting with Marius in a muddy trench, ears ringing from the shelling, the corpses of friend and foe littered everywhere, bullets whizzing overhead, the cries of the wounded with no hope of returning home... his leg throbbed with pain again, he placed his hand over it and squeezed to ease the pain. He brought his mind back into the room.

"You are right. This must be an important conversation if you're man there isn't in the room any longer." Revan chuckled. "I must confess I have not had many dreams recently. I am stuck in limbo, I have attained ultimate power in Vostojek, I survived the war, I have brought my country back from the brink of destruction, and now I have a new and powerful ally in you." Revan gestured towards Eva. "But now, what is there left to do? I have enemies, as any man does, but there is a void. A great purpose that I do not have anymore. Perhaps I have been at war too long, or perhaps there has been too many years of peace. I now must look to the future, my legacy. What I do in the next few years are how I will be remembered. Maybe that's what my dream is, to be remembered for my actions in peace, instead of the warrior I am known for at the moment." Revan took his eyes away from Eva's for a moment, and scanned the room. Portraits of various leaders adorned the room, their likeness immortalised in the oil and canvas of the paintings. He turned his eyes back to Eva, "All these people are remembered in art, but I want more than that, so I'd say that's my dream. What about you Miss van der Linde?"

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:43 am

She smiled when he assumed that the serious business was up on the agenda after that the Linden man had left the room. "You do have the right to personal privacy? Don't you. I am very transparent with my staff and my people when it comes to politics but all that touches the privacy of a persons life and identity are all to be respected as private and highly confident." She pored up another devil in his glass and also filled up her own. "I have 7 camps built only to serve the nations safety and purity. Auschstadt is the main camp. Actually it is a whole city, built only for one cause only. It is the biggest camp and we don't hide it for anyone. They know what awaits if breaking the laws of Lindenbrau or going against the regime. Rotenor is the second biggest camp. It's a mainly a working camp and it is split in to two camps. One in the southern part of the nation and one in the northern. It's a resistance camp an a perfect solution for handling the left wing activists that needs to be reminded about reality." She took a sip of the whiskey and replaced the glass on the table. "They all know. They all know what is waiting them. Some say that I am to honest with them but preparing them for the worst makes them stick in in line. The news are sometimes helping us with the information." She leaned back in her chair once again. "Urugan D2, Who could have imagined that such harmful tiny pellets could keep a nation in such order?". She paused and just looked at him when he was sharing her the thoughts about passed and future parts of his life. She was in some way amazed with his strength but also a bit sad to see how he totally lost faith in humanity. The meeting was expanded in time only for her to understand him, to get to know him on a more personal level. It was important for her to have a personal contact with her allies.

She looked surprised when he addressed her as "Miss". How did he know that she was not married? She had never mentioned such a thing during the meeting. "I think that we have more in common then we both are willing to understand. I live by the ideology that people are not individuals from birth. They are created to become individuals as they grow up and the society should be in charge of the creation of the perfect people. I would not feed a puppy chicken bones so why feed the people lies? I can here and see that you are a man of steal but don't play bad cop with me. I have seen it all. Your as transparent as my politics. You have been trained to be a dark shadow that follows and does what his body tells him to. It sedans me in in the same time as it makes me proud. It has not killed you right?" She swallowed the last or her whiskey and smiled before she tilted her head. "I could analyze you for hours as I have done with myself. Behind those battle scars, I see a man of strength who wants the best for his people. Just like me and our secretary of defense." She gazed in to his dark eyes and leaned forward. "We can be fully open with each other right? After all we share uranium?" She smiled and leaned back again with a friendly smile on her lips. For the first time in a long period, not in a cynical way.

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:09 am

Revan smiled, but failed to mask the pain behind it. "It has not killed me yet. One day maybe, but not yet." He finished the glass of whiskey and placed it gently on the table. He let out a small laugh. "You have me exactly." He laughed a little more. "Been a long time since someone else told me what I was. A long time." His smile faded, the thoughts of his past beginning to haunt him again. The war had broken him, but no one could tell. Or maybe no one had the courage to talk to him about it. This was the first time anyone had probed him about his character, and the memories of the past. He was uncomfortable discussing it, but tried his best to remain neutral and stoic. Revan knew the woman opposite him was wise beyond him, he did not bother to lie to her.

"Yes, we can be fully open with each other. I have no concerns about trading with you, it's of mutual benefit. Our people both share values and culture. It would have been unwise to not be friends." Revan's smile beamed back at her. "In my eyes, what's best for the people is that they know they have international friends and support, someone to trade and share things with. That is something that doesn't have a price." Revan raised his right hand in a fist, and his smile grew again. "Actually, I think a public display of unity would be ideal. Show the people that Vostojek and Lindenbrau are moving forward into a new era in our countries' history!" Revan moved his fist in the typical dictator fashion when giving a speech, before becoming completely still. "What do you say to that?"

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:32 am

Eva got up from her seat and heiled. her face was as stoned and her eyes were focus straight forward, just as she had learn from August when she used to be a Volksfront Jugend. She lowered her arm and once again looked at him. "Sometimes it scares me that we are so alike. A public annunciation would be great. Actually, forget about a public annunciation as in a press conference. This is bigger then that. Let's make it a rally. I want to present you to my people and maybe that can teach you the true meaning of love and emotions for every strong leader bares their sorrows." She got up from her seat and placed herself in the visitor chair next to him. "You will see me cry one day, It will take time but you will, I promise you that. You will learn my weaknesses and my strengths but you will also learn to get to know yourself through me. When I met General Von Schwartz, she was as cryo cold as you appear to be in some peoples eyes. I made her what she is today. Still the battle wounds are soaring here and yes, I have woken her up in the middle of the night at state visits, in our plane to remind her that Markus is no longer alive and that she could let go of the pillow for it was over, and look at her today." Eva relaxed her body and carefuly grabbed Revans hand. "Do you trust me?"

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:31 pm

"You've given me no reason not to trust you Eva." Revan tensed a little when Eva took his hand, but he quickly relaxed. He put his other hand on top of hers and gave her a smile. "About the rally. I know your people are not as open as mine, I don't want any discontent before our people meet for the first time. That being said, I know you know what's best for the people. If you believe that a rally is the best way for your people to meet me, then I have no objections. I trust you on this matter." Saying these words made Revan uncomfortable. He was not a trusting man. However, so far Eva had given no reason not to trust her, and so perhaps things would be different, he thought. "I must confess, we do not have such rallies in Vostojek, there is seldom a reason for one. If things go well at your rally, perhaps it is something I could take back to Vostojek with me. In fact, if it all goes well, we could hold a similar rally at the Imperial Forum in my capital Tiragrad! However let's not get ahead of ourselves." Revan let out a small laugh and lightly patted Eva's hand. He turned his body towards her. "So, we must discuss this glorious event. How exactly do these rallies work here? What have you got in mind?"

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Eva smiled ans blushed when his hand was touching hers and when he noticed how he had relaxed since he first stepped in to the office. It made her both happy and more careful. It could either be that he actually felt any trust within her or that he was so good at hiding his true feelings that he'd turn in to a great actor. She decided not to think so much of it and answered gently "My people trust in me because I put my trust in them. If I show them that I in some way miss trust their judgement, they turn scared and in this matter also scared. August thought them the meaning of Volksfront. Sieg um jeden preis! Victory at ever cost. This has helped them through tough times that you can probably relate to. And besides, they are used to me dragging new men out on the balcony." She giggled and smiled before she continued. "They know that I know what I am doing and I would love for you to feel their live and their trust like I have the opportunity to do almost every week. They are not forced to attend the rallies. They show up because they want to." A tear fell down her cheek as she said the last words with the most prideful voice possible. "You see, I told you you'd see me cry." She grabbed a napkin from the table and dried it away before she got up and stood in front of the window. She once again pulled the curtains away carefully right by the opening to the balcony, only to leave a tiny gap open. "We speak, they listen. We inform, they do. Call ti old fashion but it works for both me and them."

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:19 pm

"Victory for a soldier is different to victory for a civilian, no?" quizzed Revan. "I am amazed how dedicated you are to this country, I have met very few leaders with the enthusiasm you show. Truly something all leaders should emulate." He smiled at her as he spoke. Revan stood up from his chair, again to some discomfort from old wounds, and walked over to where Eva was standing. "I cannot fault you if your form of ruling works. I have seen many leaders try the same, but fail to capture the people's love. There are others who have tried to be more open, again with little success. It seems you have found the balance. It would seem that I have also, but I don't know how long peace will last, there is no way to know. But for the present, we must look at destroying your Red Unity problem."

Revan looked out of the window and at the scenery before him. Tourists flock to Vostojek for its beautiful scenery, but he had never seen such beauty as the land and gardens that stretched out before him. Sun shone, birds sang, the trees and grass was green, and the whole place was extremely clean and spotless. He looked around for a few seconds before returning his gaze back to Eva. "So, as for the details concerning this rally, should I prepare a little speech for the people, or would that be inappropriate? I want to make a good first impression with your people, as this is critical to further cooperation between our nations. I'm sure someone from my ministries can assist if needed."

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Eva smiled proudly of her nation. Pressed a button next to the window and two Linden SS men entered the room. The stepped forwards towards them and opened the balcony door to step out and control it. "It is clear mein fûhrer". Eva nodded and stepped out, she swiped her hand in front of the entrance to show him that he was welcome to join her. She waved towards the people underneath the balcony that was passing them and noticing them. "You are in for a treat." The Linden men was placed on each side of them, armed and ready if any situation would appear. "You do what you feel the is the best for you. Dedication lies within understanding of politics. Many leaders sees the power but they forget how to handle it. Some call me a fascist but being a woman of law and order is being a woman of responsibility. We executed youth crime by 100% and the anti-activists knows where they are growing but the labor camp is not enough. They are forming a mobilization and here is where you enter the picture. This will of course involve me being of your assistance in any time needed. After all you mentioned a few seekers trying to protect their own freedom and not the wealth of the nation." The Linden SS men ordered them both to step inside. "5 minutes has passed mein führer." She nodded once again and stepped inside followed by Revan. The Linden SS closed the doors and withdrawn the curtains once again. Eva turned towards Revan. "5 minutes without full staff of security. It is my own wish, not for my safety specifically but I love this building and if anything happened to it, i'd be devastated." She said in a cocky but friendly way. "I will be holding the rally, starting with an opening speech and then I will present you to them. You can pre write something if you wish or just follow your heart when your are standing there. I can assure you that whatever you planned will be totally forgotten as soon as you see them. It will turn your emotional balance upside down and you will automatically speak from the heart. I am speaking from own experiences.". She placed herself in her office chair once again and leaned back. "Or we can always arrange a simple press conference if that makes you feel more comfortable."

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:11 pm

"No not at all, I'd be happy to attend a rally. And a rare honour to speak as well." Revan walked over to his chair, his arms behind his back and his chest pushed out. Not like a solider, but as a man who appeared to be born from wealth and position. A far cry from the reality of his youth, growing up in a middle-class family, reduced to poverty after the communists killed his family. Finding work as a mercenary during his late adolescene, before fighting for the great rebellion to overthrow the Red King and the communists. He had no concept of high society. His etiquette was learned. As was his posture, tone of voice and physical interactions. He played it well, although he thought some veteran politicians could see the ruse.

He approached the chair, and sat down, letting out a small sigh of pain from his leg. "I think it would be the proper form for me to prepare something in advance, more of an offical statement really, as it will be the first time many of your people would have seen a Vostojekian." Revan thought about the task ahead, how the people would react to a foreigner, how the Lindenbrau SS would treat him. He knew this was a risky but rewarding event, he steeled himself, and remembered that he must do this for the good of the people. "However I would like to request my Praetorian Guard to accompany me, just in case either your people or your guards don't take a liking to me. Okay?"

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:50 am

Eva laughed. "It is not the first time somebody asks for personal protection. I will tell you the same thing as I tell everyone who sis requesting the same. It will be granted but the person must lend in and sign a document that Lindenbrau does not take responsibility for any mishaps regarding the security status under this persons actions. If you staff messes up, it is not us to blame. We also need a form that confirm that the person is aryan and not involved with any terror activity. If this can be prepared and arranged in order, you wish is granted." Lindenbrau was known for it's total-control authoritarian policy's and the nation became stricter and stricter for each day that went pass. Eva glared at the man as he mentioned that he wanted to write something in preparation. "As you with. I will have to control read it first and approve of it as you understand but do not tell me that I did not warn you. The breath taking sight of the people will make you forget about all the rambling amount of words that you have prepared. Mark my words. What I present to my people, they trust. One mistake and you will be on the next train to Rotenor." She laughed and smiled friendly towards him. "Don't take offence. My sense of humor has changed over the years."

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 am

Revan laughed. "That's okay, I've spent enough time around soldiers to understand crude humour." His smile faded and he gave Eva a steely stare. "What makes you think I'd place anything other than my best men in my personal protection? However I will sign your agreement. As for Aryan, well I'll let you judge my detail and you pick out the men that are deemed pure enough." Revan raised his hands in a gesture to show friendship. "When can I expect this rally will take place? I have all the necessary items and personell with me, if you wish to carry it out whilst I'm on this visit" Revan smiled at her, and leaned back in his chair. He did not appreciate Eva's comment about the quality of his men, but he decided to pay little attention to it. Once she saw his men, she would be pleased. Or so he hoped.

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Eva was not interested in insulting people. She was just being clear and straight with her opinions and her way of doing things. She got up from her chair and placed herself next to him. She placed her hand on his and stared in to his eyes. "Listen.." she said softly. "I know my people and I know what is best for them. I need to be sure that all is in order when I bring new things or people in to the nations politics. It could hit back on me like a tsunami if I take one step to far without watching my steps." She closed her eyes and swallowed, not like she was nervous but like she regretted how she had dropped the information on him. "I am reasonable and I would like for the both of us to choose the perfect for assignment, together." Evas big heart had always been in the way for her but in time, she had learned how to balance politics and emotions. Even though she felt confident in her logically based actions, she could still fall back sometimes and forget about the brains existence, as heart heart was beating to strong. "It takes time to plan a rally. I would give it 3 weeks from now. How is that for you? and before that I would be honored to visit your nation." She smiled friendly and placed her other hand on his hand as well.

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Revan stared in disbelief for a second. He quickly composed himself, and smiled at Eva. How strange that she would be so open on their first meeting. Before today he had thought of her as an Iron Maiden, a woman utterly emotionless. However now he saw her for what she was. A true leader. A woman, wise beyond anyone in his own court. Someone who is genuinely good, well balanced and yet strong. A feeling of admiration washed over him, and he found himself beamed at her with a wide smile. "That would be lovely, a few small matters to attend to in Tiragrad, but I would be honoured to receive you in my capital city. I think you would be interested to see how different our nations are, even with many shared features!" Revan looked down to place his other hand on Eva's. "Also it would be an excellent opportunity to move forward with our plans for Red Unity, and for your people to meet with my military commanders to discuss Vostojek's involvement with this. No doubt my more brazen subjects may object, but there is nothing to worry about." Revan tapped Eva's hand with his own and gave her a smile. "How does that sound?"

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:12 am

Eva did not flinch. She kept eye contact with him as he spoke and read his both body language and voice of tone. She had never been especially nervous to go on state visits even though there was still memories that haunted her from previous "vacations". She ignored the old ghosty thoughts and kept listening. He had a point. They could not get off track. This was about the red units and nothing else. On the other hand she knew that the both nations could be in great use of each other in a very near future. Eva was positive most of the time. Her stone cold attitude was a part of the nation propaganda to intimidate possible enemies but the people knew the truth. She had let them in on herself to show them her true self. She remembered what August had told her the day that she had swore the oath.

"And whatever you do. Do not try to do anything that you actually would never do. A lie can never be held forever. You can never become me and that is just exactly what the people needs right now. over 20 years of anger and bitterness can never be forgotten because of softness and understanding but you can make them relate to you and that is something that they could never, ever do with me."

She nodded towards Revan. "I think that sounds great. I will have my secretary look for a date and then I will return to you with some suggestions for when this will take place. That regarding both the rally and the state visit." She found herself all lost in the moment and quickly snapped out of it. She raised up and placed herself in her chair behind the desk once again. "I am glad to make business with you. If I would have doubted for the first time, I would never have let you in my office, or nation for that matter. I have heard a lot about you but everything I have heard are lies. You are the opposite of what others say. A strong heated, wounded but friendly and compassionate person filled with something very human that you try to deny, emotions. This is one of the reasons to why our nations are so different. Remember who you where and you will remember them.... the people." She placed her hands on the desk but kept eye contact with him. "We can make great things happen together and as for the Red Units, Id'e be happy to show you the prints of Rotenor. No I would be happy to actually welcome you and your staff there while arriving the next time. I can not wait to tell General Von Schwartz about your military plans and visions."

Vostojek
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vostojek » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:38 am

Revan looked at her strangely for a second. How does she do it? Was he really that transparent? Such a wise woman, he thought. His expression turned to a concerned one, he looked at Eva and spoke in an emtionless tone. "What do you mean I am the opposite of what others say? What do others say about me?" By the end of the question he was almost glaring, he'd rarely hear about rumours about himself. Revan's thoughts got the better of him, he felt his mind wandering with questions. What do other nations think about me? Do they see me weak? If they see me weak, what about my own people? Revan composed his thoughts. He smiled at Eva. "In any case, I would love to officially ask you to come to Tiragrad in a few days time. I would certainly like to meet Von Schwarz."

Lindenbrau
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenbrau » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:14 am

Eva laughed right in the air. "Does it really matters? I mean what they think about you? They call me a tweet-fascist with a thing for taking selfies with my people. They say that I am to nice. Almost like a fake and a puppet steered by something much stronger. They are called red insecure people that fear the power that I possessing. They have never met the true Eva Van Der Linde and they will never do. But since you asked. From what I have heard, you are seemed as quite grey. A strong leader but emotionless and very grey. Hard of stone and impossible to get a grip of." She laughed. "They do not know what they are talking about. Let's not focus on the wrong things here. We are the tiniest part of this adventure. The nations and the people are the real importance here an strangely enough, not all leaders know that. But you and I, we do." She pressed one of the buttons under her seat and her assistant entered the room. A short chubby woman with blonde hair put up in a strict bun. "Agnes dear, would you get Bella Von Schwartz for me. Her meeting just ended and there is someone I want her to meet." Eva wanted to make sure that Revan was all secure and calm in what was going on and therefor it was also important for her that he'd be a bit prepared before the the preparations of the rally and state visit begun.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates