NATION

PASSWORD

LOTUS [FT, Sign-ups thread, OPEN]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alexzonya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Do not remove tag. It helps us find applications.
Removal will result in immediate rejection.
v. 1.1

This is the official application form for nations wishing to become members of the League of Organized Territories and United Systems. All indicated fields should be filled in, unless they are indicated as optional. Failure to do so will result in automatic rejection within eight days. For those who wish to re-apply after they have been rejected, you should wait 15 days before you can apply again. No modification of coding in this template may be carried out.

This application is subject to updates that may be conducted. We apologize for the inconvenience that it may cause you. Your application will still be reviewed.

N A T I O N A LI N F O R M A T I O N

Nation Name 2: The Galactic Republic of Alexzonya (GRA)
Population 2: 34.4 billion
Government Type: Democratic Republic
Home/Capital Planet: Meridian Prime
Home/Capital System 1: Meridian
Head of State: President Arthur Bailess (Conservative Party)
Head of Government 3:
Factbook Link(s) 1 4: https://galacticrepublicofalexzonya.weebly.com/

M I L I T A R YI N F O R M A T I O N

Description of Armed Forces 5: The GRA Starfleet, which originated as an exploration and humanitarian force and “coast guard” in its infancy, has grown into a professional military that protects GRA citizens, planets, spacegoing assets, and interests both at home and abroad. The Starfleet is organized into 7 Corps, based on role within the defense apparatus. As an artifact of its dangerous locale, the GRA has mandatory national (often military) service of a term between 18 months and 5 years, depending on specialty.
Active Military Personnel 6: ~1.25%
Reserve Military Personnel 6: Approximately 2x actives are available in the Civil Defense Forces, which act as both planetside and starside reserve forces.
Will your nation contribute to joint military operations?: [X] Yes [ ] No
Will your nation attend joint military exercises?: [X] Yes [ ] No

E C O N O M I CI N F O R M A T I O N

Economic System: Regulated Capitalism
Currency: Alexzonyian Credit
Gross Domestic Product 1 2 7:
GDP per capita 1 2 7 8:
Primary Exports: Information Technology, Agricultural Products, Artisanal or High-Cost Consumables, Starships
Primary Imports: Manufacturing Raw Materials, Low-Cost Consumables
Primary Industries 1: Information Technology, Agriculture, Shipbuilding, Education and Information Sciences / Research and Development
Will your nation provide economic aid to other member-states?: [ ] Yes [X] No *The GRA is willing to pursue mutualistic trade agreements, but outside of acute crises general refrains from provisioning development aid.

M E M B E R S H I PI N F O R M A T I O N

Other alliances and intergovernmental organizations 1: Barlat Concordiat (Defunct)
Reason to join this alliance 5: Mutual Economic and National Security Cooperation
Does your nation believe in using diplomacy as a means to achieve peace?: Yes. The GRA believes that in all cases practical that diplomacy ought to be the first and authoritative step in resolving international conflicts. Military force is regarded as secondary to negotiation, wherever possible.
Will your nation be committed to the alliance through mutual cooperation?: The GRA government is committed to multilateral approaches to economic development, trade, and military affairs issues. We look forward to advancing these objectives with the broader galactic community through LOTUS.
If necessary, will your nation be willing to defend its fellow member-nations from outside expansionism and aggression?:
Yes. The Galactic Republic of Alexzonya has been, in the past, a beneficiary of the willingness of larger or more mature nations to do what is right, rather than what is easy. The GRA, now mature, has taken up that banner in turn, and if negotiations fail is willing to use force in defense of itself, its allies, and galactic stability and prosperity.
Have you read the LOTUS Charter?: [X] Yes [ ] No
Do you agree with the terms and agreements outlined in the charter?: [X] Yes [ ] No

O U T - O F - C H A R A C T E RI N F O R M A T I O N

Degree of Activity in Roleplays: Variable. I intend to be relatively active, but long-term activity remains to be seen; I admit a mixed track record in the past regarding activity.
Flag Image 2 9: Image
Roleplay Examples:
  1. > viewtopic.php?p=33062240#p33062240 <
  2. > viewtopic.php?p=31576145#p31576145 <
  3. > viewtopic.php?p=25701395#p25701395 <
Additional Information:

O U T - O F - C H A R A C T E RQ U E S T I O N N A I R E

Before we decide to accept you into this group, we must first interview you in order to gauge your personality and see how you fit into the organization, both as a roleplayer and as a member-state. Please give your answers to the following questions below in the blank spaces. Follow up questions will be given when necessary.

Do you know how to draw the line between OOC and IC, especially in regards to recent posts made ICly or OOCly? You have to, or else RP doesn’t work. If you can’t distinguish between the two, it’s impossible to have rivalries (or anything interesting, really) grow IC without it ending in a flamewar OOC. Short answer: Yes

Are you willing to compromise on certain things with others to have a good time RPing? All RP is a sort of compromise. What’s “best” for the GRA is to constantly declare that my ships take no damage and that I’m winning. That’s no fun at all. So in that sense, all RP that we do is a compromise, and can't even happen in a sensical way without compromise, either implied or explicit. Short answer: Yes

How do you deal with OOC drama? I either ignore it or try to work through it with the other players, depending on the severity. If it gets bad enough I just walk away from the situation. I’ve put too much time into my nation to get banned for flaming over something stupid (or even something important). I admit that I can have a bit of an avoidant streak in this regard, which while not always ideal is probably better than flying off the handle or trolling.

Suppose a writer posts something that you didn't intend, such as a plot twist. How do you deal with that? If it’s a (reasonable) twist, then that’s cool! Things are more interesting with more people throwing in ideas. Obviously things that entirely derail the premise of a thread ("my navy jumps in a ship that has a scanner that finds us all the answers, so we win!") aren't good twists and should be pushed back on, but the best writing in the type where everyone else is caught up enough to want to contribute their own ideas, even if they aren't what the OP had in mind when they posted the thread.

Are you adverse to us disciplining you due to in-game punitive measures? (From an OOC standpoint) Not at all. Comes as a part of the territory.

How will your nation play a role in LOTUS? What will your nation do in LOTUS? That’s a great question. I’m still figuring that out, but generally the GRA is a proponent of multilateral foreign policy. It’s harder to do that if you’re not involved with the galactic community. Part of it is tendencies of the GRA government; involvement in big blocks of countries is usual for them, and the GESO has been ruled out for most of my time on NS for IC reasons (see below). But whatever I end up doing, I think it will be clearly to me once the full picture of the state of the galaxy is clearer to me than it is now.

How belligerent is your population to a certain star-state/intelligent species in the galaxy? Levels of general xenophobia are quite low; the GRA, while it is majority-human and supermajority human and altresh, it is generally very accepting of xenos.

For particular foreign affairs issues, there is still bad blood between the GRA and some other former Facebook Nations IC. Pordlandia comes to mind as the most active nation for which that could be an issue; while there has been limited cooperation with them in NS, generally the GRA still harbors a noted dislike for the Pords (which we'd argue IC is well-earned).

Is your nation able to come to the aid of another member-state in case of armed attack? Yes.

Will your nation consider proposing draft resolutions to LOTUS in the future? I would assume that if the GRA becomes more involved in LOTUS, that would become probable.

1 Optional field.
2 In-character field.
3 Omit if head of state.
4 May be drawn from offsite NS-related websites.
5 Must have a minimum of three sentences.
6 May be given in percentage of the population.
7 Must be given in your nation's currency.
8 GDP per capita is also known as the average income of your citizens. It is calculated by dividing your GDP by your population.
9 This field is required for your place in the LOTUS roster.

LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Alexzonya wrote:-snip-

Greetings!

The League of Organized Territories and United Systems is pleased to inform the Galactic Republic of Alexzonya that your nation's entry into the League has been
APPROVED. Welcome to LOTUS! The member-states of the League look forward to forging closer ties and developing trade connections with our newest member.

The Galactic Republic may send a representative to the Conclave of the League to represent its interests in the League. It may enjoy all the rights and be entailed the same responsibilities as a member in good standing of LOTUS henceforth from the receiving of this dispatch.

Once again, welcome. May all be well with you.

League of Organized Territories and United Systems
Generated from 63° 41' 55", 18,636.395 Sgr A*
L E A G U EO FO R G A N I Z E DT E R R I T O R I E SA N DU N I T E DS Y S T E M S
Important Links: Signups Thread | Conclave of the League | Discord | FT Advice and Assistance Thread

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm

v. 1.1.2

This is the official application form for nations wishing to become members of the League of Organized Territories and United Systems. All indicated fields should be filled in, unless they are indicated as optional. Failure to do so will result in automatic rejection within eight days. For those who wish to re-apply after they have been rejected, you should wait 15 days before you can apply again. No modification of coding in this template may be carried out.

This application is subject to updates that may be conducted. We apologize for the inconvenience that it may cause you. Your application will still be reviewed.

Nation Name 2: Co-Prosperity Sphere of Auman.
Population 2: Roughly 128 billion.
Government Type: Federal Stratocracy.
Home/Capital Planet: Vascilia.
Home/Capital System 1: Ambrosia.
Head of State: President Snake Hortarii
Head of Government 3: Overlord Samoth Uyghur.
Factbook Link(s) 1 4: It's in my nation page.

Description of Armed Forces 5: Aumanii Armed Forces attempts to maintain a full spectrum of capability and holds onto extremely potent and heavy warmachines and formations. However, the most prominent parts of the military are highly deployable army units, like the Independent Brigades and Long Range Patrol Groups and the fleets that support their mission. The military as a whole leans on high levels of automation, artificial intelligence, sapient machines and mind-machine interface.
Active Military Personnel 6: 11.7 million.
Reserve Military Personnel 6: 237 million.
Will your nation contribute to joint military operations?: [x ] Yes [ ] No
Will your nation attend joint military exercises?: [x ] Yes [ ] No

Economic System:
Currency: Dinar
Gross Domestic Product 1 2 7: A relevant number of dinars.
GDP per capita 1 2 7 8: Pretty decent amount of dinars.
Primary Exports: Foodstuffs, fuel, raw commodities, manufactured goods, fish sauce and spices.
Primary Imports: Entertainment, luxury goods, manufactured products and information technology.
Primary Industries 1: Arms manufacturing, robotics, information technology and mining.
Will your nation provide economic aid to other member-states?: [ x] Yes [ ] No

Other alliances and intergovernmental organizations 1: The Vascilian League.
Reason to join this alliance 5: To contribute to galactic peace and stability through trade and multilateral security agreements.
Does your nation believe in using diplomacy as a means to achieve peace?: Absolutely.
Will your nation be committed to the alliance through mutual cooperation?: Yessir.
If necessary, will your nation be willing to defend its fellow member-nations from outside expansionism and aggression?: Yes.
Have you read the LOTUS Charter?: [ x] Yes [ ] No
Do you agree with the terms and agreements outlined in the charter?: [ x] Yes [ ] No

Degree of Activity in Roleplays: I try to post at least once per week, more when possible.
Flag Image 2 9:
Roleplay Examples:
  1. > viewtopic.php?f=5&t=434289 <
  2. > viewtopic.php?f=4&t=432102 <
  3. > viewtopic.php?f=4&t=426784 <
Additional Information:

Before we decide to accept you into this group, we must first interview you in order to gauge your personality and see how you fit into the organization, both as a roleplayer and as a member-state. Please give your answers to the following questions below in the blank spaces. Follow up questions will be given when necessary.

Do you know how to draw the line between OOC and IC, especially in regards to recent posts made ICly or OOCly?
I like to think so.
Are you willing to compromise on certain things with others to have a good time RPing?
Absolutely, plot comes first.
How do you deal with OOC drama?
It depends on the other person and how they're treating me or other people. Usually just keep my trap shut and avoid creating drama to begin with.
Suppose a writer posts something that you didn't intend, such as a plot twist. How do you deal with that?
Roll with it unless it's in contravention to the 4C etiquette guidelines.
Are you adverse to us disciplining you for any breach of OOC conduct?
If I'm being a jerk, let me know.
How will your nation play a role in LOTUS? What will your nation do in LOTUS?
The Co-Prosperity Sphere of Auman will be a strong partner towards the goal of galactic peace and security.
How belligerent is your population to other star-states/intelligent species in the galaxy?
Auman is actually pretty open and accommodating these days, preferring to seek out productive and mutually beneficial partnerships with its peers.
Is your nation able to come to the aid of another member-state in case of armed attack?
Yes, the Aumanii Armed Forces are geared towards responsiveness and quick turn around times in support of allies and partners.
Will your nation consider proposing draft resolutions to LOTUS in the future?
If and when it becomes necessary.

1 Optional field.
2 In-character field.
3 Omit if head of state.
8 GDP per capita is also known as the average income of your citizens. It is calculated by dividing your GDP by your population.
Last edited by Auman on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Auman wrote:-snip-

Greetings!

The League of Organized Territories and United Systems is pleased to inform the Co-Prosperity Sphere of Auman that your nation's entry into the League has been
APPROVED. Welcome to LOTUS! The member-states of the League look forward to forging closer ties and developing trade connections with our newest member.

The Co-Prosperity Sphere may send a representative to the Conclave of the League to represent its interests in the League. It may enjoy all the rights and be entailed the same responsibilities as a member in good standing of LOTUS henceforth from the receiving of this dispatch.

L E A G U EO FO R G A N I Z E DT E R R I T O R I E SA N DU N I T E DS Y S T E M S
Important Links: Signups Thread | Conclave of the League | Discord | FT Advice and Assistance Thread

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm

v. 1.1.2

Nation Name 2: Colonial Republic of Earth
Population 2: 680 billion
Government Type: Democratic Republic
Home/Capital Planet: Earth SSR
Home/Capital System 1:
Head of State: President Michael Haggar
Head of Government 3:
Factbook Link(s) 1 4:

Description of Armed Forces 5: The Colonial Republican Armed Forces are a force divided among a stellar Navy to handle space and atmospheric combat, a Marine Corps for “first strike” expeditions and boarding actions, and an Army for extended ground combat. There is also a gendarmerie type force known as the Immigration and Common Border Authority which is acts as a sort of "Coast Guard" that does search and rescue, border patrol for smuggling of all sorts, and provides law enforcement-capable personnel for naval operations outside of Dornalian space.
Active Military Personnel 6: 3% of total population
Reserve Military Personnel 6: 3% of total population
Will your nation contribute to joint military operations?: [x ] Yes [ ] No
Will your nation attend joint military exercises?: [x ] Yes [ ] No

Economic System: Free Market, with some regulations.
Currency: New Dornalian Dollar
GDP per capita 1 2 7 8:
Primary Exports: Armaments (e.g. small arms, naval vessels), Media Exports (TV shows, holonovels, so on), foodstuffs (e.g. various kinds of sausages), vehicles (including power armor and mecha), luxury goods, and goods with “Empowered” properties.
Primary Imports: Foreign made items including foreign media, luxury goods, and technology (including armaments), as well as rare materials such as mithril which cannot be easily obtained within the Republic. Bioaugmentation and other medical technologies are prized as well, both in competition with and in lieu of domestically produced articles.
Primary Industries 1:
Will your nation provide economic aid to other member-states?: [x ] Yes [ ] No

Other alliances and intergovernmental organizations 1: Nassau Accords (member), The Rangers (intergovernmental “peacekeeping and scientific armada” jointly done with The Humankind Abh).
Reason to join this alliance 5: The Colonial Republic wishes to join this alliance as we believe that the values enshrined within LOTUS’s charter are compatible with our overall goals of promoting freedom and democracy across the stars, as well as uplifting others so that they may be able to protect themselves against those who would see them as just another notch on their belt. We also are eager to join because two of our existing partners are members of this alliance and as such, it would be beneficial to join LOTUS in order to better coordinate with them in performing various sorts of activities. Finally, the Colonial Republic wishes to join LOTUS in order to work with more potential partners in order to take concrete steps to a more peaceful Milky Way Galaxy. After all, such a lofty goal cannot be done alone.
Does your nation believe in using diplomacy as a means to achieve peace?: Yes.
Will your nation be committed to the alliance through mutual cooperation?: Yes.
If necessary, will your nation be willing to defend its fellow member-nations from outside expansionism and aggression?: Hell yes.
Have you read the LOTUS Charter?: [ x] Yes [ ] No
Do you agree with the terms and agreements outlined in the charter?: [ x] Yes [ ] No

Degree of Activity in Roleplays: In general, I try to be somewhat active. At worst, I will try to make a reply per day in any RP I have to do with people. I am also easily accessible OOCly.
Flag Image 2 9: Image
Roleplay Examples:
  1. > viewtopic.php?f=4&t=414420 <
  2. > viewtopic.php?f=5&t=410577 <
  3. > viewtopic.php?f=5&t=424573 <
Additional Information:

Do you know how to draw the line between OOC and IC, especially in regards to recent posts made ICly or OOCly? Yes. Over the years, I’ve come to realize that players’ IC and OOC behaviors are not necessarily one and the same. As such, it is at best nonsensical to post something nasty ICly to punish someone for an OOC action I dislike. At worst, it’s just going to cause trouble.

Are you willing to compromise on certain things with others to have a good time RPing? Yes. I’m very accommodating to others’ needs and demands. If someone doesn’t wanna deal with magic, I won’t force it, for example. If someone tells me “Dorn, don’t bring the Sixth Fleet, this is a conference,” you bet I’m going to just send a diplomat with a shuttle and maybe a couple of bodyguards. I’m just here for a good time, and sometimes that means dialing it back so others can have space to be awesome too.

How do you deal with OOC drama? I certainly don’t try to encourage drama. If I caused any problems, I’m going to apologize and try to iron out the situation as best as I can.

Suppose a writer posts something that you didn't intend, such as a plot twist. How do you deal with that? Well, obviously, I’m flexible, so I would adapt as necessary. No need to throw a hissy fit. Hell, sometimes, it even makes things easier for me XD.

Are you adverse to us disciplining you for any breach of OOC conduct? Rules are rules, man. If I goofed, I’ll take the lumps as I need to.

How will your nation play a role in LOTUS? What will your nation do in LOTUS? Given the Republic's significant size and resource pool, the Colonial Republic will likely play the role of a significant backer and we would be able to act as a strong support player, providing IC logistics and resources to LOTUS so its goals may be better realized. We’re game for protecting LOTUS’s members’ freedom of navigation and so on, and we'd be contributing by not only using our military to support other members' forces, but also to also putting forward Dornalian science, fecundity and "yankee ingenuity" in support of other members' projects as well.

How belligerent is your population to other star-states/intelligent species in the galaxy? We’re not colossal dicks, and we don’t go out conquering entire worlds on a whim. We do maintain a “shoot on sight” policy for slavers and pirates, and obviously we don’t take betrayal well. And well, we do have a touch of Chronic Hero Syndrome about us. That being said, we’re just here to do good and leave the galaxy a better place than when we found it.

Is your nation able to come to the aid of another member-state in case of armed attack? Hell to the yes. It’s a core part of what the Colonial Republic of Earth is all about. As far as we’re concerned, allies are like family, and you fuck with one family member you fuck with us.

Will your nation consider proposing draft resolutions to LOTUS in the future? Sure!

1 Optional field.
2 In-character field.
3 Omit if head of state.
Last edited by New Dornalia on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:52 pm

New Dornalia wrote:-snip-

Greetings!

The League of Organized Territories and United Systems is pleased to inform the Colonial Republic of Earth (New Dornalia) that your nation's entry into the League has been

The Colonial Republic may send a representative to the Conclave of the League to represent its interests in the League. It may enjoy all the rights and be entailed the same responsibilities as a member in good standing of LOTUS henceforth from the receiving of this dispatch.

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 pm

v. 1.2.0

Nation Name 2: Principality of Dushan
Population 2: 4.767 billion
Government Type: Elective Cybernetic Monarchy
Home/Capital Planet: Dushan
Home/Capital System 1: Kaltar
Head of State: Zelina da Mandakh (Principessa)
Head of Government 3: Nos Raschkan (Prime Minister)
Factbook Link(s) 1 4: Link

Description of Armed Forces 5: The regular military is named the Dushan Armed Forces, shortened DAF. It is divided into various branches and sections. Nowadays a relatively modernized and professionalized force, it's tracing back it's heritage to ancient martial traditions. It's current doctrine is focussed on defence of the realm. All of it's enlisted service personal are volunteers. Additional auxilary formations do exist but are not necessarily part of the regular military.
Active Military Personnel 6: 0,5% of the population
Reserve Military Personnel 6: 0,6% of the population
Will your nation contribute to joint military operations?: [x] Yes [ ] No
Will your nation attend joint military exercises?: [x] Yes [ ] No

Economic System: Free Market with mixed economy elements
Currency: Cronnor
Gross Domestic Product 1 2 7: 1,133 trillion Cronnor
GDP per capita 1 2 7 8: 237,696 Cronnor
Primary Exports: Luxury Goods, Rare Materials, Crystals, Industrial products, machinery, medical products, biogenic and cybertronic products
Primary Imports: Consumer goods, foreign made items, machinery, vehicles and raw materials
Primary Industries 1:
Will your nation provide economic aid to other member-states?: [x] Yes [ ] No

Other alliances and intergovernmental organizations 1:
Reason to join this alliance 5: The Principality of Dushan wishes to improve diplomatic and trade relations with other member of the pangalactic community as part of the outreach initiative which aims at creating more contacts to other star nations.
Does your nation believe in using diplomacy as a means to achieve peace?: Yes
Will your nation be committed to the alliance through mutual cooperation?: The Principality of Dushan values highly interstellar cooperation between star nations.
If necessary, will your nation be willing to defend its fellow member-nations from outside expansionism and aggression?: Yes
Have you read the LOTUS Charter?: [x] Yes [ ] No
Do you agree with the terms and agreements outlined in the charter?: [x] Yes [ ] No

Degree of Activity in Roleplays: In general i tend to be active or to be around and reply to threads if possible. I am also always approachable OOCly.
Flag Image 2 9:

Roleplay Examples:
  1. > viewtopic.php?p=32131054#p32131054 <
  2. > viewtopic.php?p=28834534#p28834534 <
  3. > viewtopic.php?p=32265887#p32265887 <
Additional Information:

Do you know how to draw the line between OOC and IC, especially in regards to recent posts made ICly or OOCly? Yes

Are you willing to compromise on certain things with others to have a good time RPing? Yes, certainly. It is often necessary and has been done so in the past.

How do you deal with OOC drama? Avoid it if possible.

Suppose a writer posts something that you didn't intend, such as a plot twist. How do you deal with that? Twist it so that it does fit in the end. In other words going for a compromise.

Are you adverse to us disciplining you for any breach of OOC conduct? You can expect my full cooperation in regards of any disciplinary measures.

How will your nation play a role in LOTUS? What will your nation do in LOTUS? For now mostly taking an observer role, and see how things go and become active where opportunities do open.

How belligerent is your population to other star-states/intelligent species in the galaxy? Not very much. Contrary to the past they're mostly harmless nowadays.

Is your nation able to come to the aid of another member-state in case of armed attack? Depending on the circumstances, but yes.

Will your nation consider proposing draft resolutions to LOTUS in the future? Possible but unlikely.

1 Optional field.
2 In-character field.
3 Omit if head of state.
Last edited by Dushan on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Dushan wrote:-snip-

Greetings!

The League of Organized Territories and United Systems is pleased to inform the Principality of Dushan that your nation's entry into the League has been

The Principality may send a representative to the Conclave of the League to represent its interests in the League. It may enjoy all the rights and be entailed the same responsibilities as a member in good standing of LOTUS henceforth from the receiving of this dispatch.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:33 pm

v. 1.2.0

Nation Name 2: Diarcesia
Population 2: 19,901,625,000
Government Type: Monarchy
Home/Capital Planet: Archicospita
Home/Capital System 1: Arcesius System
Head of State: Tim
Head of Government 3:
Factbook Link(s) 1 4:

Description of Armed Forces 5: The armed forces of the Monarchy Diarcesian is a millennium-old organization that proudly represents all groups that call themselves citizens of the polity. It's primary mission is to preserve the integrity of the Monarchy against external aggression and to serve as a role model for the populace. Aside from self-defense, it is also tasked to explore the vast swathes of unexplored territory and gather insights from it. In the battlefield, outsiders have noted the Diarcesians' proficiency in portal-assisted combat as one of their ways to bridge the limitations of interstellar-scale coordination.
Active Military Personnel 6: 65,078,314
Reserve Military Personnel 6: 572,689,161
Will your nation contribute to joint military operations?: [ ] Yes [X] No

Economic System: Mixed Market
Currency: Gold
GDP per capita 1 2 7 8:
Primary Exports: Textiles and high-tech devices
Primary Imports: Food and heavy machinery
Primary Industries 1:
Will your nation provide economic aid to other member-states?: [X] Yes [ ] No

Other alliances and intergovernmental organizations 1: Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement, Free Economic Union, Global Council of Ustaynga (via Wochaystein), etc.
Reason to join this alliance 5: The Monarchy Diarcesian's attainment of reliable interplanetary and interstellar transportation has allowed the facilitation of regular communications between the individual LOTUS members. It believes that common interests in economic, scientific, and cultural advancement exists between the parties. Therefore, the Monarchy resolves to join the organization to enhance and streamline existing arrangements and form new ones.
Does your nation believe in using diplomacy as a means to achieve peace?: Yes
Will your nation be committed to the alliance through mutual cooperation?: Yes for non-military assistance
If necessary, will your nation be willing to defend its fellow member-nations from outside expansionism and aggression?: If the threat also affects the Monarchy
Do you agree with the terms and agreements outlined in the charter?: [X] Yes [ ] No

Degree of Activity in Roleplays: At least once a week
Flag Image 2 9: Official download link of the Flag
Roleplay Examples:
  1. > viewtopic.php?p=33879747#p33879747 <
  2. > viewtopic.php?p=32099639#p32099639 <
  3. > viewtopic.php?p=32243789#p32243789 <
Additional Information: Diarcesia still has a lot of blank spaces as far as worldbuilding is concerned, which are generally filled through RPs. Example: The name of the capital planet is only decided as I filled this out. The year is 2121.

Do you know how to draw the line between OOC and IC, especially in regards to recent posts made ICly or OOCly? Yes.

Are you willing to compromise on certain things with others to have a good time RPing? Yes.

How do you deal with OOC drama? Stay out of it.

Suppose a writer posts something that you didn't intend, such as a plot twist. How do you deal with that? Diarcesia developed because of such things. I wouldn't mind.

Are you adverse to us disciplining you for any breach of OOC conduct? No.

How will your nation play a role in LOTUS? What will your nation do in LOTUS? It will engage in trade and scientific exchanges, with some military exercises here and there to ensure alertness. It will try to avoid military conflict as much as it can, though it is ready to provide humanitarian resources if members petition for it.

How belligerent is your population to other star-states/intelligent species in the galaxy? Not belligerent.

Is your nation able to come to the aid of another member-state in case of armed attack? Highly unlikely, unless we are also directly attacked.

Will your nation consider proposing draft resolutions to LOTUS in the future? If requested or necessary.

1 Optional field.
2 In-character field.
3 Omit if head of state.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 am

Diarcesia wrote:-snip-

Greetings!

The League of Organized Territories and United Systems is pleased to inform the Monarchy of Diarcesia that your nation's entry into the League has been

Diarcesia may send a representative to the Conclave of the League to represent its interests in the League. It may enjoy all the rights and be entailed the same responsibilities as a member in good standing of LOTUS henceforth from the receiving of this dispatch.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:07 pm

v. 1.2.0

Nation Name 2: The Tezekian Imperium
Population 2: 310 billion
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Home/Capital Planet: Tezekis
Home/Capital System 1: Tezekis
Head of State: Archon Avirius Alapítvány
Head of Government 3: Archon Avirius Alapítvány
Factbook Link(s) 1 4: Tezekian Imperium Factbook (Incomplete)

Description of Armed Forces 5: The Tezekian military is built around speed, robotics and power projection/territory management. It's goal is to keep the trade lanes safe, ensure the defense of the Imperium from another further disasters such as the CASM Invasion, and to project its power and influence to allow it to spread its trading empire and effect the change the government and Archon wish to have done in the galaxy.
[b]Active Military Personnel 6: Classified

Reserve Military Personnel 6: Classified
Will your nation contribute to joint military operations?: [X] Yes [ ] No

Economic System: Regulated Capitalism
Currency: The Arany
Gross Domestic Product 1 2 7: A relevant number of Arany
GDP per capita 1 2 7 8: A relevant number of Arany
Primary Exports: Foodstuffs, luxury items, information technology, information, augmentation kits and foundries.
Primary Imports: Information technology, raw materials, both physical, gas, fuel, etc, entertainment, luxury goods
Primary Industries 1: Robotics, cybernetics, gates and their logistical facilities contained thereof, scientific R&D, genetic manipulation
Will your nation provide economic aid to other member-states?: [X] Yes [ ] No

Other alliances and intergovernmental organizations 1: Stepford-Arnau Treaty, GCC
Reason to join this alliance 5: We seek to expand our prosperity and that of others through trade, and the maintenance of security for trade, and we feel the LOTUS is a fine organization that provides a key function in this goal.
Does your nation believe in using diplomacy as a means to achieve peace?: It's the first option, always.
Will your nation be committed to the alliance through mutual cooperation?: Cooperation is how we're are still able to stand here, it is the lifeblood of the galaxym, even if some haven't caught on yet.
If necessary, will your nation be willing to defend its fellow member-nations from outside expansionism and aggression?: Yes, the CASM War showed we stand together or we die alone.

Degree of Activity in Roleplays:
Flag Image 2 9: Flag
Roleplay Examples:
  1. >Black Blood and Violent Intent<
  2. >There Are No Exceptions<
  3. >The Zealot and the Falcon<
Additional Information:

Do you know how to draw the line between OOC and IC, especially in regards to recent posts made ICly or OOCly?
Of course. There are important lines between both to ensure cooperation can be maintained even if both nations characters are to viciously hate each other. You should be able to joke and relax in chat and be hate-filled killing machines in a thread. Otherwise, the various basis of NS works just breaks down, being a cooperative story-telling medium.

Are you willing to compromise on certain things with others to have a good time Rping?
Yes, as long as its not completely overwriting key parts of my nation's characters, goals, and ambitions. Some tweaking is needed from time to time, to make things work, which is fine.

How do you deal with OOC drama?
I tend to not create drama, it's a waste of time when simply discussing it out works better, and if drama happens, I only get involved to try and mediate, if a mediator is needed. Otherwise, I just let it be handled by whomever is the assigned moderator at the time. Being an admin of my own discord serve, you learn a thing or two about managing these sorts of situations.

Suppose a writer posts something that you didn't intend, such as a plot twist. How do you deal with that?

Depends on the twist. In most cases, I'll ask some clarifying questions so I can best determine how I can reply. If it's one thats a problem for the assumptions it makes or what have you, then I'll talk to the player and see if I'm understanding something wrong, or if it is an issue, to work it out to both parties satisfaction.

Are you adverse to us disciplining you for any breach of OOC conduct?
Not very. I have read and understood the rules, and as long as I have been given evidence of my misconduct, I will accept the ruling given.

How will your nation play a role in LOTUS? What will your nation do in LOTUS?
The Tezekian Imperium is on a mission of trade expansion, security and prosperity. They feel too many are left to fight on their own or deal with threats they should require some manner of galactic support or aid, and if there isn't enough, they wish to do what they can. This is the source of their travelling science fleet, combating plagues, diseases, famine, and other threats, their expansion of trade and security with as many as possible and their willingness to aid other states, with permission, in conflict areas. In LOTUS, we wish to maintain and expand the trade protection and coverage, and cooperate with its fellows on improving the well-being of everyone through access to goods and friendly nations so we can all prosper.

How belligerent is your population to other star-states/intelligent species in the galaxy?
Overall, not very. We're open-minded in most cases and just want to help where we can. The Imperium suffered an attack in the past year from a nation of artificial, created life constructs and cyborgs that resulted in the devastation of the capital and another core system and billions dead or forcibly transferred into another existence. As such, there is a distinct uncomfortable air around interacting with AI heavy nations or beings. The Archon has issued an order that ensures the rights of such created beings, as long as they agree to the rules and laws of the Imperium and the punishments for breaking them, in their territory but the population is still recovering from the attack and as such, it is recommended that any interactions be done with those understanding and able to handle any outbursts from the populace.

OOCly, I've used AI almost every single time in the past, and wanted to do something different and the Zealot and the Falcon thread provided further proof to the philosophical reasons the Imperium is uncomfortable with them. I don't intend to rain on anyone's parade if they do use them, it's just a cultural bit of tension for my nation.

Is your nation able to come to the aid of another member-state in case of armed attack?
Yes, the reforms of the Archon after the Pirate and CASM crisis' have enabled the fleet to expand outward in its missions and the logistical network is being build and expanded upon all the time to allow the Imperium to aid whenever a nation calls for it, if the resources are available.

Will your nation consider proposing draft resolutions to LOTUS in the future?
Potentially. I'm not very good at that sort of thing, but I won't ever say I'll never put one up.

1 Optional field.
2 In-character field.
3 Omit if head of state.

LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Telros wrote:-snip-

Greetings!

The League of Organized Territories and United Systems is pleased to inform the Tezekian Imperium that your nation's entry into the League has been

The Tezekian Imperium may send a representative to the Conclave of the League to represent its interests in the League. It may enjoy all the rights and be entailed the same responsibilities as a member in good standing of LOTUS henceforth from the receiving of this dispatch.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates