NATION

PASSWORD

8th IFC Council-in-Summit [IC] [IFC Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:04 pm

"Resolution 12b passed, Lendol elected Principle Deputy Speaker. 300 by 200 by 200 meters?" the Foreign Secretary said, looking at the building. "You could fit half a million employees in that building - although really as a general guide my government was thinking that a capacity of about 50,000-200,000 would be about right; so such a building would give plenty of space for expansion," he said approvingly.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:"Resolution 12b passed, Lendol elected Principle Deputy Speaker. 300 by 200 by 200 meters?" the Foreign Secretary said, looking at the building. "You could fit half a million employees in that building - although really as a general guide my government was thinking that a capacity of about 50,000-200,000 would be about right; so such a building would give plenty of space for expansion," he said approvingly.

"Well," The Grand Admiral stated, "the building would allow for Ambassadors to have enough staff as they need for their day to day operations. It would also include residence space for all the Delegations as well as Staff, restaurants of varied types, and the ability for Member Nations to have restaurant businesses of their own open up shop so that they can have their own flavor of food. It would also allow for a Hotel within the building where the landing pad is for any Foreign Dignitaries, in case national leaders wish to visit the IFC Headquarters. It would be the ideal definition of an all purpose facility."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:20 pm

The Foreign Secretary nodded enthusiastically, and then looked around at the other delegates.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Arata sighed and casually tossed a folder of his to the side. " You know what forget I even offered any facilities, I withdraw nominating LaRousse. Kirishima will go along with this ideal fortress." Arata stated simply
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Romulus took a sip of his tea, and said "I would like to put New Rome on the table for the capitol. I know we don't have the reputation like our friends in Shazbotdom, but it would honor us if we were to host the IFC. We have the facilities to host it. It can hold around 350,000 people, and has all the modern amenities, with the look of an old time roman building."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:29 am

After raising a curious eyebrow at Flardnia – “Sounds good! Any pictures?” – the Prince added, while handing around another proposed resolution.

The Imperium of Aravea
General Arcturus Nile

The Karlæsist Meritocracy of Chilokver
Foreign Minister Ian Whiteway

The Aestorian Commonwealth
Prime Minister His Royal Highness Richard Terefort-Kazpia

Suspension not Expulsion Act

Resolution Number: [13a]

Accepting that while the usage of powers mentioned in Resolution 0 are necessary, they have caused a great deal of controversy as to their interpretation. The Council would like to cite the following phrase in Resolution 0: "the Prime Minister can maintain wide discretionary powers to carry out his duties without government complicated legislation". Noting that these ill-defined discretionary powers can, have and will serve as sources of the ongoing disputes in the Council,

Noting that the Prime Minister shall not have the power to remove members of the coalition without due cause before submitting any expulsion proposals to the Council, shall not be able to remove members for any disagreements with the PM, shall not be able to remove members for abstaining or voting nay on resolutions, shall not remove members based upon past quarrels.

Recalling Clause 4, Subsection 1, Section 3 of the Administrative Act, which 'Permits the Cabinet and any appointed Executive Ministers, under the direction of the Prime Minister, to otherwise interpret Council Resolutions and to take any measures not contrary to Council Resolutions that such empowered persons may consider necessary and proper for carrying out the delineated tasks of government, without waiting for the Council to discuss such matters',

Recalling Subsection 2, Section 2, of the Administrative Act, which confirms the legislative supremacy of the Council, and their ability to make the final judgement upon all interpretation of resolutions,

Also desirous of avoiding similar drawn-out crises in future,

The Council endeavors to:

1. Establish the circumstances under which a member of the Coalition may be removed.
2. Clarify additional usage of the Prime Minister and Cabinet's powers in regards to the suspension not expulsion of members.

The Council, repealing and replacing Resolutions 3 and 5 as follows, hereby declares:

Section 1

1. Only the Council shall be empowered to expel members.

2. Such expulsion of members may henceforth only be made under the following circumstances:

a) Having governmental policies that conflict with the democratic values of the Coalition or enacting policies that promote prejudicial discrimination.
b) Engaging in armed conflict with another member of the IFC.
c) Subverting the authority and legislation of the Council.
d) Supporting or assisting enemies of the IFC.
e) Engaging in treasonous acts or aiding and abetting opponents of the Coalition in cases of crisis or during times of war.

3. A two-thirds supermajority or the approval of the Cabinet shall normally be required to expel a member.

Section 2

1. Establishes that the Prime Minister under Resolution 3 shall have the power to submit legislation to the Council, call for votes on legislation in the absence of Speaker or his deputies, call sessions of the Council, and name members of the cabinet.

2. Directs the Speaker and the Prime Minister, (a) when there is dispute over the legality of an action of the government and when either consider it proper, or (b) if at least five Council members request it, or (c) if a motion is passed requesting it, to formally consider the legality of the action and to promptly present their joint or distinct opinions for a vote in the Council or, if Resolution 12b is in force, to present their opinions to the Judicial Committee.

Section 3

1. Amends Resolution 9 Part 2 Section 2 Clause 9 to: “Accepts that the Cabinet has the power to suspend members but not to expel them, and declares that no suspension shall last longer than a Prime Minister’s term plus one week.”
2. Amends Clause 11 from the same Section to read: “Directs the Prime Minister, in times of severe and demonstrable urgency, to suspend members.
3. Repeals Clauses 2 and 5 from the same Section and renumbers clauses as appropriate.
4. Specifies that the Council should vote promptly on whether to approve or reverse government-ordered suspensions.

Finally noting that the purpose of this resolution is not to limit the ability of the Prime Minister to govern, except where that ability substantially interferes with the democratic values of the IFC and fails to uphold its members personal rights,

Signed,

[Arcturus Nile, Imperium of Aravea]
[Ian Whiteway, Kalræsist Meritocracy of Chilokver]
[His Grace Alexias Stella, The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria]

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:34 am

The Aestorian Commonwealth
His Grace Alexias Stella

Visa-free travel

[Resolution Number: 14]

Desirous of encouraging free movement,

But aware that some members don't wants free movement,

The Council hereby resolves its general support for such ideas, so that those supporting this resolution can get together and make their own arrangements.

Signed,

[His Grace Alexias Stella, The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria]

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:02 am

"We would like to vote AYE on resolutions 13a and 14."
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Jedoria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:34 am

"The Confederation votes AYE on both resolution 13a and 14."
“We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled forward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why.”
― Ernst Toller

Salderia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Salderia » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:16 pm

"We vote AYE as on all Resolutions at vote at the moment."

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 pm

"I will vote AYE on Resolutions 13a, as well as 14."
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm

The Empire votes Aye on Resolution 13a, but sees Resolution 14 as useless and therefore abstains on it.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:48 am

"Useful to some of us, 'though, as we prepare for imminent elections. My government will make an announcement on the subject shortly.

I am very delighted to appoint Salderia to the post of Minister for Defence, a role which will become relatively civilian in nature, while the Prime Minister shall retain the role of Supreme Allied Commander, but I know their delegate will introduce detailed plans forthwith."

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:06 am

The Prime Minister, Sir Henry Taylor, rose.

"With the resignation of the Secretary General having left some vacancies in government power structure that we must clear up in due course, I hereby formally request that the Judicial Committee organize and manage the imminent elections process. As a neutral body I feel they are best placed to run the election - certainly better than Ausitoria would be, since I am happy to say we will have a vested interest.

Yes, I am delighted to announce that, after receiving so much private support, my government has decided to run again. This Coalition is worth all the toil and trouble you have undoubtedly caused us.

I think it is fair to say that on balance our government has a record it can be proud of. For the first time, we have a long-term basis for funding at a guaranteed annualized rate of over $15 billion per year – not as much as we would like, and not as much as we could use, but a sum which gives us the security of policy making and the basis to develop into the premier coalition. We have a navy at hand, both providing an important component of our Rapid Reaction Forces, and providing support to Guadalopar. We have joint standardization projects in an embryonic stage, we have a military base under construction in Krjder, we have a Conservation Authority, a Coalition Science Authority, and we have access to a Search and Rescue Authority, all of which are very promising. And we have a well-developed government structure with enormous and now practically permanent administrative and policy-making capacity.

I really must confess that it would not have been easy without the support of those members in government. In no particular order, I would like to thank Novo Wagondia, New Carloso, Shazbotdom, Organized States, Flardania, Conner, Krjder, the URA, and the Lendol Archipelago. In particular, in these last days of government, I am delighted to award Novo Wagondia honorary President, and to elevate The Lendol Archipelago to the post of Deputy Prime Minister.

I must also confess, despite all their support and all of our successes, Ausitoria certainly did consider not running again. It has, at times, been a markedly controversial government: trying to become a functionally cohesive alliance has led to the unfortunate by-product of the expulsion of centrifugal forces, and much angst about the direction of the alliance.

But I say enough of that. We have now achieved the minimal functional unity, and it is our intention to only be the Prime Minister we always wanted to be: optional defence standardization, optional travel policy, optional environmental programmes: to be the Prime Minister for all the good stuff we can do together, but don’t have to do together – nations should able to participate or opt-out to their heart’s content.

And that, releasing open-source innovation, is again the basis for our manifesto.

It will never be a complete work, for there are always more flowers waiting to bloom, and it would be our honour to continue as the gardeners for your imagination. Therefore we submit for the approval of this alliance our government program for the remainder of this term, and, if you are so good as to re-elect us, for the next:

Easter Declaration and Aestorian Manifesto

Central Government

Prime Minister: Libraria and Ausitoria
Chief of Staff: Flardania
Deputy Prime Minister: The Lendol Archipelago
Central Government Budget: c. $10 billion

Aims:
(a) To continue developing the alliance through the pragmatic dual policy of:
(i) maintaining the minimum of unity required to function, and
(ii) ramping up development of optional programmes
(b) To shift the focus of the government away from divisive foreign and internal policy considerations towards peaceful socio-economic development and developing our defensive military readiness
(c) To encourage greater tolerance for disagreements, debate, and constructive opposition to the government with the aim of allowing greater progress and cohesion

Non-executive Positions

Legislative:
Speaker: New Chilokver
Principle Deputy Speaker: The Lendol Archipelago

Judicial:
Judicial Committee members: Novo Wagondia, Flardania, and the URA

Honorary:
President: Novo Wagondia
Vice Presidents: Bratislav, New Chilokver, Greater Carloso, and the Lendol Archipelago

Ministry of Defence

Minister: Salderia
Deputy Minister and First Admiral: Shazbotdom
Budget: c. $100 billion

Commanders:
Supreme Allied Commander (Land, Sea, and Air): Libraria and Ausitoria
C-in-C Special Forces: URA
C-in-C Exercises: Krjder
C-in-C Intelligence: Naybra

Aims:
To continue:
(a) Standardization of Equipment for those interested by continuing with joint projects and development in the following, appointing new Project Commanders where appropriate:
Joint Response Fighter
Joint Tank Programme
Joint Naval Programme
Standard Munitions Discussions
(b) Reformation of military structures, including special forces, continuing the following:
Special Forces
Bases
Army Restructuring
Training Centre

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Minister: Flardania
Deputy Minister: Conner

Aims:
(a) Hunting for further inter-alliance RPing opportunities, including by joint meetings and schemes in areas such as trade
(b) Developing our foreign policy in broad consultation with alliance members and in support of positive external developments in the Hartstad Conference and the Alliance of Democratic States
(c) Developing the relationship between the IFC and SACTO with the SACTO-IFC committee and discussion on a non-aggression pact

Ministry of Membership & Special Projects

Minister: The Lendol Archipelago
Deputy Minister: Open for applications

Aims:
(a) Guiding a vote for a new Capital and centre for the Council
(b) Encouraging constant participation in the Council and in the Summits and an informed, cohesive alliance
(c) Working with the Speaker to introduce special sessions to question the Prime Minister and Cabinet members
(d) Supporting special projects and organizations, e.g. humanitarian aid, environmental projects, in addition to those currently existing, including:
Coalition Authority on Science, Technology, and Innovation
International Coalition Heritage and Conservation Authority
International Search and Rescue Authority
(e) Supporting new member-led initiatives and projects, particularly RP ideas
(f) RPs entirely for the purpose of honing the skills of the less experienced IFC members, e.g. Jabiyya

Ministry of Economics and Treasury

Minister: Libraria and Ausitoria
Deputy Minister: Open for applications

Aims:
(a) Developing economic connectivity in trade and industry
(b) Organize and supporting optional economic schemes and initiatives, e.g. in infrastructure, in tax treaties, and travel
(c) Supporting the presence of IFC businesses in the GE&T forums
(d) Developing budgetary procedures and mechanisms
(e) Continuing Current Projects:
Storefronts and economic data compilation
Industrial connectivity discussions

The Technocratic Syndicalists
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:07 am

"We vote AYE for Resolutions 13a and 14."

"In response to the Easter Declaration and Aestorian Manifesto, the Technocratic Syndicate would like to submit its prototype "Spectre" Main Battle Tank for the IFC Joint Tank Programme and "Stormrider" Multirole Stealth Cruise Missile for the IFC Standard Munitions Discussions Programme.
Last edited by The Technocratic Syndicalists on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDI AG
Arcaenian Military Factbook
Task Force Atlas
International Freedom Coalition

OOC: Call me Techno for Short
IC: The Kingdom of Arcaenia

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:30 am

"Thank you very much," nodded the Prime Minister, as the Technocratic delegation arrived, and the Foreign Secretary slipped out, "and also, please do thank your government for their generous contribution to the IFC. We would also like to thank the Jedorian Confederation for their contribution.

And with that delightful demonstration of cohesive spirit, may I introduce Sir Frederick Styles as our next ambassador extraordinaire to the IFC," he said.

Frederick appeared, taking the seat vacated by the Foreign Secretary. He was a tall, thin, dark man, with wavy hair and an assured poise. "Thank you," he said, and immediately got to business.

"While we consider immediate projects and structural improvements in the Ministry of Defence, we have noted that there are multiple IFC members involved in the Zelphos civil war, in defending a democratic government against an upstart military dictator. In such situations there is, in our minds, a relatively unambiguous case for liberal democratic intervention, particularly now that we have a well-equipped rapid-reaction force. I wonder whether members could please state their positions on the matter?" He peered around the table.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Technocratic Syndicalists
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:34 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:"Thank you very much," nodded the Prime Minister, as the Technocratic delegation arrived, and the Foreign Secretary slipped out, "and also, please do thank your government for their generous contribution to the IFC. We would also like to thank the Jedorian Confederation for their contribution.

And with that delightful demonstration of cohesive spirit, may I introduce Sir Frederick Styles as our next ambassador extraordinaire to the IFC," he said.

Frederick appeared, taking the seat vacated by the Foreign Secretary. He was a tall, thin, dark man, with wavy hair and an assured poise. "Thank you," he said, and immediately got to business.

"While we consider immediate projects and structural improvements in the Ministry of Defence, we have noted that there are multiple IFC members involved in the Zelphos civil war, in defending a democratic government against an upstart military dictator. In such situations there is, in our minds, a relatively unambiguous case for liberal democratic intervention, particularly now that we have a well-equipped rapid-reaction force. I wonder whether members could please state their positions on the matter?" He peered around the table.

"The rebel forces, and the nations that support them, are using chemical weapons against civilians and are committing senseless acts of genocide against the innocent Zelphosian population. We urge any members of the IFC with the capability to militarily intervene to seriously consider doing so, lest Zelphos be wiped out by these barbarians"
SDI AG
Arcaenian Military Factbook
Task Force Atlas
International Freedom Coalition

OOC: Call me Techno for Short
IC: The Kingdom of Arcaenia

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:13 am

"Here here!" replied Frederick. "Aestoria is currently organizing an impromptu strike against the Phenycian fleet. Further to the letter the Foreign Secretary is publishing, we would urge other members to contribute forces to the fight - even a small contribution, if carefully tailored to the situation, can be of great use.

Moving on to potentially related matters, we would be interested to inquire about the opinion of IFC members regarding three structural reforms: first, the separation of military powers - our new Minister for Defence has worked hard on the subject and the pair of us have come up with a little resolution on the subject," - he started to pass around some copies to the delegates attending, but continued speaking rapidly - "in the event of the passage of the resolution I give forward guidance that the Technocratic States will be immediately appointed Coalition Commander-in-Chief of the Zelphos theatre -

second, the question of relations with the Alliance of Democratic States, which, for those of you that don't know about it, are a brilliant IFC-like alliance currently led by our very close friends, allies, and former Defence Minister Carloso; an alliance chock-a-block with our ideological allies - would the IFC be interested in looking at ways to achieve greater synergies? -

and third, the interesting suggestion, recently circulated by Aestorian Think Tank Strategy First, of whether, in light of the Secretary-General's resignation, and in light of the point that the IFC's domestic authorities are voluntary, and in light of the point that Aestoria has found it difficult to focus on more than one point at a time, there should be a reorganization at the top of the government, perhaps splitting the Prime Minister position via the creation of two elected Consuls, one to focus on defence, and the other to focus on development?"

Democratic Republic of Salderia
Katherine Archer

Aestorian Commonwealth
Frederick Styles

Separation of Military Powers

Resolution Number: 15

Recognizing the effective end of the post of Secretary General as an independent check on the powers of the Prime Minister,

Recognizing the might of the Rapid Response Force (RRF), and its potential for political influence while under direct control by the Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC),

Worrying that any Prime Minister would be able to use his/her direct power of the military to abuse his/her appointed power,

Desirous of dividing the military posts into the Commander-in-Chief, the Minister of Defence, and the Commander of the RRF (CRRF),

Desirous of ensuring professional and long-term government,

The Council hereby declares:

1. The post of Secretary-General and the post of Prime Minister shall be considered indivisible.

2. All instances of the words ‘Supreme Allied Commander’ in legislation shall be replaced with the term ‘Secretary-General’, and the Secretary-General/Prime Minister shall be the Commander-in-Chief of the Military.

3. The CRRF should normally have full tactical command of the military wing of the IFC during engagements, while giving reports to the MoD and C-i-C, with the C-i-C giving broad policy decisions for the MoD and CRRF to initiate.

4. Oversight of this arrangement shall be conducted by the IFC Council to ensure no power is abused by any party.

Signed,

Katherine Archer, Salderia
Frederick Styles, Aestoria

"Also Resolution 13a passed. Any more votes on Resolution 14?"
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ohmberland
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ohmberland » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:18 am

The civilian aircraft landed in a fairly ordinary way on the tarmac; not too smoothly, not too bumpily, just like any standard international fight would land. Janet Flanagan-Keanes immediately tried to get her global roaming sim card to work, to no avail. Her assistant, a young guy by the name of Robert Poole, took the phone of here, did something too fast for Janet's brain too follow, and voila, mobile service. "God, I don't know how I'd survive without somebody young like you looking after me, I'm beginning to feel like I belong in a retirement home!" Robert didn't quite know how to reply, so he just said "No..." and tapered off.

43 new emails. Brilliant, Janet thought. At least she didn't have time to deal with it now. As the plane disembarked, she saw the airship sitting on one of the runways. "What a bizzare... fantastic sight..." she said to Mr Poole, who had never seen an airship before. As Ohmmish tourists and homecoming Ausitorians stepped onto the tarmac, Janet was met by an airport official, who guided them to a car. The car crossed the myriad of airstrips and cruised over the tarmac, moving in the 81 second gaps as planes took off all around.

Despite the fair weather, Ms Flanagan-Keanes was dreading the meeting. A former member of parliament for the Socialist Party, she had been assigned as the delegate to the IFC after SP's opposition in parliament, the Liberal Party, pressured the government into joining the body. The more left-wing members of the SP were deeply skeptical of the organisation, and Janet had had to sit through an arduous meeting with coalition partners on the issue who were not happy. At least she wasn't the Prime Minister, who had sat through a sitting of the Chamber of Representatives and subjected to a torrent of verbal abuse and insults from the Communists.

Poole and Flanagan-Keanes arrived at the stairs to the airship. After being bustled inside, they took their place in the conference room. During the naval discussions, she was unable to comment; the newness of the relationship had not yet enabled military cooperation to go into full effect as of yet.

The delegation voted AYE on resolutions 11 and 15.

The delegation voted to ABSTAIN on resolutions 12a, 12b, 13a.

The delegation voted NAY on resolution 14. "We are interested in creating visa-free travel arrangements, but given these are already possible, this legislation does not provide any productive policy change. What would be more preferable is to create a voluntary Schengen area-style treaty which would create a customs union that is jointly administered with the assistance of some federal IFC framework or body."
Member nation of the International Freedom Coalition.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 am

"Thank you all. All motions passed," said Frederick, after an extended pause. "As the election comes towards its conclusion, we would be interested in opinions on the following:"

Code: Select all
1. Should there be any reforms to the government, and if so what?
1a. Should there be a Minister in charge of Recruitment?
1b. Now that we have a more balanced and diverse number of members anyway, should we invite back some former members, e.g. Aravea, Brytene, Greater Carloso, Feng, IYF?
1c. Should a permanent branch of government be introduced for administrative purposes?

2. Should there be a formal opposition designated?
2a. If so should a leader be appointed by the government - e.g. whoever has opposed the previous government most being in charge? (Judging by the voting record, I think that would be Ontorisa or Guadalupador or Roski, if any of them wanted the job. I should note I am excluding URA and Flardania from this list as they are otherwise involved in the government. I should also note if Aravea, Feng, or IYF were re-admitted they would all also be strong contenders).
2c. Or should a leader of the opposition be elected, and if so should it only be by those who want to be in the opposition, or everybody, or a mixture of both (say 2 votes for members of the opposition and 1 vote for everybody else)?
2d. Or should we allow parties to coalesce naturally if nations want them to form, and not push the system on anyone?

3. What would members like to be done economically (if anything)?
3a. Could all members please state any GE&T businesses they would like the IFC to support?
3b. What interest would members have in a bank, and would they object if Erenifa was put in charge of it as Deputy Minister?
3c. What members would be interested in optional tax treaties?
3d. What members would be interested in optional trade treaties?
3e. What members would be interested in optional industrial connections?

4. What should the defence department work on first?
4a. Which joint equipment program should we work on first: Navy, Tanks, Fighters, or Munitions?
4b. What should we prioritize out of special forces, training/exercises, and force restructuring?

5. Should we conduct a Strategic Defense Review?
5a. Are there any members interested in analysis of strategy?

Typical Ausitorian planning, he reflected to himself. You wait for weeks and then suddenly they drop twenty questions on you.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:47 am

"Firstly, I'd like to express my eagerness to do great things in this term, and hopefully many more to follow." Juunar announced proudly.

"I would like to hand in our questionnaire, hopefully we got everything right," he added with a smirk.

1. Should there be any reforms to the government, and if so what?
1a. Should there be a Minister in charge of Recruitment?
1b. Now that we have a more balanced and diverse number of members anyway, should we invite back some former members, e.g. Aravea, Brytene, Greater Carloso, Feng, IYF?
1c. Should a permanent branch of government be introduced for administrative purposes?

1a. Yes, or an all encompassing Minister of Membership and Recruitment could work.
1b. Sure, the more the merrier.
1c. Yes.

2. Should there be a formal opposition designated?
2a. If so should a leader be appointed by the government - e.g. whoever has opposed the previous government most being in charge? (Judging by the voting record, I think that would be Ontorisa or Guadalupador or Roski, if any of them wanted the job. I should note I am excluding URA and Flardania from this list as they are otherwise involved in the government. I should also note if Aravea, Feng, or IYF were re-admitted they would all also be strong contenders).
2c. Or should a leader of the opposition be elected, and if so should it only be by those who want to be in the opposition, or everybody, or a mixture of both (say 2 votes for members of the opposition and 1 vote for everybody else)?
2d. Or should we allow parties to coalesce naturally if nations want them to form, and not push the system on anyone?

2 No, I believe that bloc-voting would cause significant issues.

3. What would members like to be done economically (if anything)?
3a. Could all members please state any GE&T businesses they would like the IFC to support?
3b. What interest would members have in a bank, and would they object if Erenifa was put in charge of it as Deputy Minister?
3c. What members would be interested in optional tax treaties?
3d. What members would be interested in optional trade treaties?
3e. What members would be interested in optional industrial connections?

3. Everyone should contribute more money to the IFC, be it to specific branches or to be spread evenly.
3b, c, d and e. I would be interested.

4. What should the defence department work on first?
4a. Which joint equipment program should we work on first: Navy, Tanks, Fighters, or Munitions?
4b. What should we prioritize out of special forces, training/exercises, and force restructuring?

4. It should be used more, even if only to get some use out of it.
4a and b. Any, no preference.

5. Should we conduct a Strategic Defense Review?
5a. Are there any members interested in analysis of strategy?

5 and a. Yes.

"I would also like to express my interest in seeing applicants for the positions of Deputy Minister of Membership & Special Projects and the Deputy Heads for all special projects whose Heads would be interested in having one. I, as Head of CASTI, would be glad for the help. I feel that much more would by done by each authority, not just CASTI, if we had subordinates to whom we could delegate tasks," Juunar said with a light chuckle. "If authority heads would please register their interest, or lack thereof, for a Deputy, it would be both greatly appreciated and helpful."

Having said his piece, he retook his seat.
Last edited by The Lendol Archipelago on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Keshokif
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshokif » Wed May 04, 2016 12:35 am

Whittington International Airport
Alexandria, Ausitoria

Ddiko Txoxxa arrived at the airport at last. After the seven hour flight, she felt good stretching her legs. She immediately donned the formal Xxesipu which she had on her shoulder, as well as her felt hat. Her secretary, a short woman called Tsxukko Mmika, ran along behind her, clutching a clipboard and pen.
"Good. You're here. It might do as well to put on your Xxesipu - we don't want to appear remiss to our hosts."
"Yes, ma'am. What do you think it'll be like?"
Ddiko continued to walk, pondering, before speaking again.
"I daresay it'll be an experience. I have never been to a summit on an airship before. I can assume that we are to join the delegation soon. Which gate did they say it was?"
Tsxukko looked at her clipboard, shuffling around a few notes, before putting them back and attending to the fixing of her delegatory uniform, "I believe it's this way, ma'am."
The plane journey had been long, and there were, perhaps, times when putting on a Xxesipu would have been less tricky. Most Keshokific politicians travelled economy class, as they were not supposed to waste government funds on fancy flying which, in all fairness, did nothing. She agreed with the sentiment, though she was glad to be out. Loving flying was one thing; enduring a long haul flight is completely another. Ddiko buckled her ceremonial belt, before gazing at the traditional Erre crest which adorned her jacket's righthand pocket and the Salemaccankorian one just below it. A feeling of pride welled up inside of her, and she raised her chin, smiling as she walked. The windows to her left and right showed the outside world - Ausitoria in all of its majesty. She felt that, if given the chance, she would happily spend more time here. She did enjoy the Keshokific winters, but a bit of summer never hurt anyone.
"Send a message to the President - tell him that we've landed and are preparing to set off for the meeting."
Tsxukko brought out a tablet and began to type the message onto it, sending it straight after. The President surely would want to know how debate and discussions were going. Ddiko would have to remember to send regular messages.
At last, they arrived at the gate.
"Does the invitation say where to go from here?" Ddiko asked.
"It says that we'll be met by an official who will take us to a helicopter. All in good time, I am sure."
Ddiko paused. "No need to rush. Do you have the gifts for the hosts and delegates?"
Tsxukko gazed once more at the invitation. "It says that our luggage will be transferred onto the helicopter."
Ddiko nodded. "Then we wait."
And so they did just that.
The Federal Republic of Keshokif
Acca Kassi Urri
Justice Above Law
Factbook is love, factbook is life...
INTP, Communist, Linguist

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed May 04, 2016 5:49 am

After Frederick had raised his eyebrows at the notion that there was a 'right' answer, and had then nodded his thanks and approval, he paused, waiting for someone to say something, with increasing irritation. Damn these ambassadors: did most of them never offer an opinion?

He heard the sound of movement outside, and looked at the bookshelves, which, true to the design specifications, were silently sliding away, leaving nothing but a plate of glass showing between them and the ancient ravelin that stood beside the airship.

A look of relief passed across his face. "By the way, we're about to fly," he said, suddenly light-hearted, his heart skipping, for there is something about being imprisoned to the earth that is most unsatisfying... and perhaps flying would clear the air a little, metaphorically: a new start and all that.

Ravelin Gate

Ausitorian security soon caught up with the Keshokifs ... Keshokifians... Keshokifers? (virtually nobody knew, which was one of the reasons why it took a little time to catch up with them).

"Your Keshokifian Excellencies," said an official (he had looked it up), slipping out from behind a door, and bowing deferentially. "The airship is on the other side of the Ravelin...," he said, holding the door open for them. "Please do follow me. I hope you enjoyed your flight? Any particular matters you're hoping to raise?" - that was their chance, if they had anything to say that they didn't want everybody else to hear before they arrived at the airship...

He led them beneath a marble arch down a passageway, some hundred feet in length, surrounded by offices on the right and overlooking a quiet covered atrium on the left - if you ignored the gentle speech of civil servants, generals, admirals, and marshals who were wheeling and dealing amongst the folliage and enormous pot-plants that surrounded and subdivided an open space of leather armchairs - perfect for the elite to discuss the matters of the moment.

At the far end of the passageway a wooden door swung open to reveal the sun and steps running down to the airship (still on the tarmac - although at that very moment the air traffic controllers were preparing to give the order as soon as the Keshofians arrived on board... the next delegates would have to be ferried out).

Keshokif
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshokif » Wed May 04, 2016 6:16 am

Ravelin Gate
Whittington International Airport
Alexandria, Ausitoria

Ddiko turned around to face the official. He had managed to guess the correct demonym. That, or he knew how not to insult his guests.
"Thank you, sir. I was under the impression that we were late, as the plane was a little over time. But, we are here now, and apparently in good time. We are glad. In Keshokific culture, it's very rude to be late. We hope that our close-cut timeliness won't offend."
She strode along the passageway, Tsxukko barely keeping up, but sending yet another message to the President through the tablet. As the wooden door opened, the sun shone brightly and warmly onto Ddiko's face. She removed her cap and turned back to the official, Tsxukko running along just behind.
"Sir, it was good to see you. We thank you for the service you have done for us."
Ddiko bowed curtly, but politely, and turned towards the steps, walking down to the airship's entrance.
As the airship door opened, Ddiko took note of the furnished interior. Quietly, out of view of the other guests and so as not to be heard, she whispered to Tsxukko.
"My word... This is a marvel or engineering. If my business were not strictly of a diplomatic nature, I would ask for the plans."
Tsxukko began to note something down on the tablet. Ddiko smiled, and tapped at Tsxukko's board.
"Not today, Tsxukko. More important things afoot."
They walked over to the other guests. Apparently they would be setting off soon. How enjoyable.
Last edited by Keshokif on Wed May 04, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Republic of Keshokif
Acca Kassi Urri
Justice Above Law
Factbook is love, factbook is life...
INTP, Communist, Linguist

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri May 06, 2016 2:06 am

Frederick nodded deferentially as the Keshokifian excellencies entered the airship, and motioned towards the seats, saying "Welcome! Do help yourselves."

(There was a lot of food at the table - a perpetual high tea, with crumpets, cakes, bread and butter, cucumber sandwiches, tea, coffee, and all the things one might expect).

Taking another bite out of his scone, Frederick changed the subject again.

"I am delighted to be able to announce that at the initiative of our Minister of Defence, Salderia, there are plans afoot for joint military exercises with the USN, to establish a cordial footing for our relationship.

Moving on to other military matters, while we put together a proper Theatre HQ for the IFC's Bluewell Task Force, which we believe should be aimed with the strategy of ensuring the complete independence of the Federal Republic of Bluewell, first by ensuring maritime dominance and then by ensuring land dominance, we'd greatly appreciate input on the following operations:

PROPOSED OPERATION
Code name: The Devil (and the Deep Blue Sea)
Plan for operation: Declare (and start to enforce) a Maritime Exclusion Zone 500 nm around Bluewell, in particular to prevent enemy force arrivals.
Assisting forces required (are they in the theater yet?): Aerial reconaissance spaced around Bluewell (presence unknown) and Intelligence - who can help?

PROPOSED OPERATION
Code name: Blue Albatross
Plan for operation: Long range carrier strike against Phenyzian forces.
Assisting forces required (are they in the theater yet?): Elements of the Bluewell Battle Fleet (Ausitoria), additional forces desirable (would an Avrellon/Shazite Air Group be available)?"
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri May 06, 2016 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates