NATION

PASSWORD

8th IFC Council-in-Summit [IC] [IFC Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:47 pm

"No, I don't think we should harbor friendly relations with a rogue state that refuses to change. Especially when your leader attempted to insult this Coalition for merely seeking justice." Myra said to the former Ardokian "delegate." He then turned to the Pillowlandian delegate: "I wouldn't bother expecting them to reform anyway. They're not, they're going to regress back to Moriarty, unless we actually do something.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:55 pm

"I now believe that an action such as a blockade, even if only for show, is now an appropriate action which should be seriously considered by this council. We have lost face due to this entire ordeal. Let us show both ourselves and the world that such a poor action will not be done again."
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:42 pm

'This is exactly the sort of hostility which has pushed us away from the IFC!' firmly stated Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara. 'Why would Ardoki trust an organisation which repeatedly threatens to commit acts of aggression against Ardoki?' she question passionately.

'Various sections of Ardokian society took note of the hostility and threats against Ardoki from various member-states of the IFC. We initially wanted to work with the IFC for mutual benefit; however, the threats and unreasonable demands from some member-states is what has forced our government to resign from this organisation. It all looked so promising, until the rhetoric of some member-states only confirmed the fears of our people, fears which were planted in them by the previous regime. But if Ardoki is attacked, we will defend ourselves.' she said.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:32 pm

"If your government is scared of the people enough that it refuses to stay a course which is clearly for their betterment then it is a government which is too weak to rule. You should be scared of your voters, but you should never allow them to force you to make choices which will harm the nation in the short, medium, and long term." The Pillowlandian ambassador said, explaining the -to his well trained mind- fundamentals of a functional democratic state. "Furthermore this is not 'the sort of hostility' which 'pushed you away from the IFC', no while we saw your Ascension into the IFC as foolish and a poor idea we supported it in the hope of legitimate change. Now why trust the IFC? Well perhaps the fact that we as an organization offered sweeping aid for your nation to better itself even at the expense of unity with our own members. The only true disappointment besides your weak and indecisive governments election is the fact that we allowed ourselves to hope for you to willingly make changes. That will not happen again. We offered the carrot and you tried to bite our hand. This lies squarely on your government. Not the IFC. Now, if you are leaving I belive the door is that way. I'm sure you can see yourself out. Ambassador." he finished, the ever increasing pace of his speech slowly considerably upon the final word. It was clear he has no wish to continue the discussion of the nations departure.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:15 am

"As far as the Valaran Empire is concerned, Ardoki was well aware of what the Resolution stated when it agreed to it, and cannot now claim to pretend otherwise. At best, this is the predictable opposition to reform from various interest groups within Ardoki that the present government was unable to contend with. At worst, Ardoki never planned to reform at all. But it does not matter which is the precise case. The result is the same."

"It is also abundantly clear that the government of Ardoki chose this option to escape a far worse fate. If it cannot even accept the costs of this compromise, perhaps it would prefer the costs of the other fate. The choice is a simple one."

"We expressed doubts about this whole affair from the outset - it is fitting, though also saddening, to see that our caution concerning Ardoki's progress have been vindicated, as has the skepticism of several other delegates. I hope this ends the matter, and the alliance can now focus on projects that actually might have successful outcomes."
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:03 am

'Ardokian membership in the International Freedom Coalition was solicited. When we agreed to apply, we were under the assumption that we would have equal status as a member-state in return for conducting the necessary reforms which were requested from us.' Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara turned to the delegate from Valaran. 'Claiming that Ardoki had agreed Resolution 21 before the resolution in question had even been drafted, is profoundly ludicrous. Ardoki had no knowledge of Resolution 21 until it had been passed; we were neither permitted to vote on it or express our thoughts of it by the various members who blocked the Ardokian delegation.' She said.

'Resolution 21 entailed the transfer of all executive, legislative, and judicial powers over to the IFC in addition to the unconditional demobilisation of our military. We never agreed to any of that! To claim we did, is a lie at best and a betrayal at worst!' The Ardokian ambassador proclaimed.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:51 am

"If you truly want change, then this is the best way. If Ardoki does leave the IFC, I cannot claim to be confident in my belief that Ardoki will manage to conduct the reforms necessary. I also cannot speculate on what may happen if Ardoki leaves and shows signs of regression. Resolution 21, if I recall correctly, doesn't take full control and is only a temporary measure. If you give us a chance, then we'll give you another." Juunar said to the Ardoki delegate. He couldn't believe that after all of that work to get them in in the first place they would just leave.

"If you still refuse to abide by the current resolution, then I suggest you amend it, rather than leave the IFC altogether. I can't promise you that your amendment will have much success but it may be worth a try."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:23 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:"If you truly want change, then this is the best way. If Ardoki does leave the IFC, I cannot claim to be confident in my belief that Ardoki will manage to conduct the reforms necessary. I also cannot speculate on what may happen if Ardoki leaves and shows signs of regression. Resolution 21, if I recall correctly, doesn't take full control and is only a temporary measure. If you give us a chance, then we'll give you another." Juunar said to the Ardoki delegate. He couldn't believe that after all of that work to get them in in the first place they would just leave.

"If you still refuse to abide by the current resolution, then I suggest you amend it, rather than leave the IFC altogether. I can't promise you that your amendment will have much success but it may be worth a try."

"It is probably too late. They seem to have decided they prefer stupid isolation.

Ambassador, when Ardoki signed up to the IFC, and to its charter, you agreed to follow whatever the Council may legislate on. It is a generally accepted principle that the Council should interfere to a minimal extent in the domestic affairs of members nations, but the minimum must be whatever is appropriate to spread liberty. In this case, the minimum was rather a lot, including control over the armed forces and a provisional government, and a bit intrusive, but the measures were only temporary, designed to spread freedom, not limit it, and, from the Council's point of view, and as preliminary results from our investigation indicate, was entirely justifiable - both with and without the advantage of hindsight.

A new chance is what the receiver makes of it. You go at your own choice, devoid of our protection, respect, and direct assistance. Your government is led by idiots, but when it becomes wiser, you will be welcome to re-apply for re-admittance to the international community.

As one final remark on the matter, there seems to be some equally idiotic idea that the IFC did something wrong. It is never wrong to try to make the world a better place, and anybody who says otherwise deserves to be hung until half dead, have their innards drawn, and be quartered into four pieces with a rusty saw - after exhausting negotiations to see if you can change their mind.

Moving on to matters more likely to be successful, first, are there any further opinions or votes on Resolution 18? Second, what are official opinions on the proposed RRF reforms?"
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:50 am

Stavan eyed the Ardokian delegate coldly. "Ambassador Mcnamara, this is not the place for your propagandising. You have made your decision; kindly implement it." He nodded at the door.

He turned to Styles. "Quite naturally we support the proposed reforms on the RRF, but would welcome further suggestions."
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:40 pm

The Grand Admiral looked at the delegate from Ardoki, "If you are serious about retiring from this alliance, then kindly get the fuck out. No one is stopping you, just step out the fit and walk back to your aircraft." He then addressee the other delegations, "The Empire is for the alterations to the RRF as stated."
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:18 pm

"Pillowlandia supports the proposed changes to the RRF. They will be a most welcome change to the efficiency of it."
#ValaranSoFab

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Myra felt the buzz of his phone in his pocket. It must've been an important message if he was getting it in the middle of a counsel session. As soon as he read it, his face filled red with unbridled rage: Moriarty and O'Brien had escaped. He raised his left hand slowly as to stop whatever debate was going on. "I don't know if any of you in the Council are aware... But Alistair Moriarty and Riona O'Brien have just escaped after their performances at fucking WorldVision..." The translation went through to each of the delegate's headphones. "WorldVision." Myra took his folder and smashed it several times on the desk. "Damn it!" He yelled in what little English he knew. "Gods damn it!" "Who let him go?! WHO?"

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara couldn't contain her laughter, the anger of the Dorian delegate was so amusing.

'I hope the performance was worth it.' she said.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Ardoki wrote:Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara couldn't contain her laughter, the anger of the Dorian delegate was so amusing.

'I hope the performance was worth it.' she said.

Myra stood up and sent McNamara a death stare. "Fuck you." He said in English, shaking in anger. He balled up his fist and was about to walk over toward the exiting Ardokian delegate to clock them in the jaw but stopped himself before he started walking. "You collaborate with Moriarty. You make him escape. Disappear..." Myra growled. "You should leave now, before a few of us go over there and kick the stuffing out of you..."

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:16 pm

'I really don't know what you're talking about.' Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara said with a sly grin. 'I've been in this room all along, how in Darwin's name could I have helped him escape from here? You have no evidence of the sort, cease your wicked slander!' She added in a stern manner.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:24 pm

After checking his tablet, the Ambassador spoke. “I can assure members that we still have the same Moriarty and O’Brien that were handed over to us, and I am confident that the Judicial Committee has the authority and ability to bring them to justice.”

"Anyway, until this issue is resolved, you can leave, but you cannot leave by any method except sprouting wings," said Frederick Styles, reading from a flash message from the Watch Office. "Handy that this airship is airborne," he joked.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:58 am

"What is the current standing on Resolution 22-1?"
RIP ROSKI, UNJUSTLY DELETED on 12 JULY 2016 +15,601 posts

RSS Madenska set to fully activate on October 15th
Yugoslovenski and Maldania reaffirm the Central States Alliance

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 am

"I'm not allowed to say officially," replied Frederick. "Unofficially by my tally it's failed by one vote. In any event the next round of elections will be coming round within a couple of months."

"Anyway, in light of the controversy over Feng's application to become a tributary of a foreign power, we would like to bring the following to vote. Note the voting method is complicated to allow for three different possible texts, whichever text is most desired will be passed (if the voting method is approved).

The Aestorian Commonwealth
His Grace Alexias Stella

Feng Tributary Status Resolution

[Resolution Number: 23]

The IFC Council,

Resolved to enable rapid voting in a four-way question with three options,

Hereby directs that members shall vote on this act (‘Voting Method’), and on the three possible options (‘Expel’, ‘Wait’, and ‘Reinstate’) for this Act below, each presaged by asterisk, and that if passed, whichever option has the most support shall be adopted.

Understanding that among Oriental Nations, it has historically been considered that tributary states are a basis for claims of sovereignty,

Concerned that one IFC nation has decided to become a tributary of a third party,

Understanding also that de-facto economic independence is either a primary function or the primary function of a nation, and a significant or integral part of sovereignty,

Believing also that the nation is proving and will prove to be incapable of having an independent foreign policy,

Concluding that for these reasons the IFC member has de-facto ceased to act sufficiently as a sovereign nation, and cannot consequently be considered a member, either on grounds of the necessity of equality among members, the necessity of members being able to freely carry out IFC policy, or undue influence exerted by a third party,

The IFC hereby expels Feng.

Aware that among Oriental Nations, it has historically been considered that tributary states are a basis for claims of sovereignty,

Equally aware that among Oriental Nations, the status of tributary has historically been accompanied by considerable de-facto independence at least,

Somewhat concerned that one IFC nation has decided to become a tributary of a third party,

Aware of the argument that de-facto economic independence is either a primary function or the primary function of a nation, and a significant or integral part of sovereignty,

Also aware of the argument that the nation is proving and will prove to be incapable of having an independent foreign policy,

Not yet convinced either way, but believing that further evidence is required before a full decision can be reached,

Hereby continues the suspension of Feng until such a time as it chooses to repeal this Act.

Understanding that among Oriental Nations, the status of tributary has historically been accompanied by considerable de-facto independence at least,

Noting that one IFC nation has decided to become a tributary of a third party, and been suspended by the IFC government,

Believing that the minor loss of economic independence is not overly significant,

Fully reinstates Feng.

Signed,

[His Grace Alexias Stella, The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria]

"For Ausitoria, Voting Method – Aye, Expel – Aye, Wait – Aye, Reinstate – Nay.

Current Tally:
Resolution: 1 Aye, 0 Nays.
Expel: 1 Aye, 0 Nays.
Wait: 1 Aye, 0 Nays.
Reinstate: 0 Ayes, 1 Nay."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:53 am

We would like to vote AYE for the voting method and expulsion, ABSTAIN on waiting and NAY on reinstatement.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 am

On resolution 23, the Astavian delegation votes AYE on the voting procedure, NAY for expulsion, AYE for waiting, and AYE for immediate reinstatement.
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
✵ Nation Name: The Sanctified Dominion of Veltria
✵ Government: Unitary One-Party Theocratic Republic
✵ Demonym: "Veltrian"
✵ Membership: ;_;
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:
District XIV wrote:Swiss's post makes me wonder why I don't make posts like dat

Yeah. They actually inspire hatred in me. That's pretty good.
Catholic, right-wing integralist with a dash of imperial hubris. Also a Tolkien nut and board game fanatic! :D

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:46 am

The Kirishinan delegation votes AYE on the voting procedure, NAY for expulsion, AYE for waiting, and NAY for immediate reinstatement.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:05 pm

The Imperial delegation votes AYE on the voting procedure, NAY for expulsion, AYE for waiting, and NAY for immediate reinstatement.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

New Chilokver
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Chilokver votes AYE on the voting procedure, AYE for expulsion, NAY for waiting, and NAY for immediate reinstatement.

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:25 pm

The Pillow delegation votes AYE for the voting method,AYE to waiting, NAY to expulsion and AYE to immediate reinstatement.
#ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:48 pm

"I think the pattern is rather clear at this stage, and as we have lots of other things to do, I think it seems sensible to call the result.

Voting Method: Ayes, 7; passed by unanimity
Expulsion: Ayes, 3, Nays, 4
Waiting: Ayes, 5, Abstain, 1, Nay, 1; selected option.
Reinstatement: Ayes, 2, Nays, 5

Feng's suspension is confirmed.

Now, on to the next matter. No doubt you are all aware that the IFC has been fighting off an invasion of Bluewell, with extensive success in the first phase of the conflict. However now it is my solemn duty to report to the IFC that Ausitorian forces in the vicinity have been attacked by an unknown enemy, almost certainly one or more of the major 3SEIN slaving powers; while the government of Bluewell itself is tottering against an independence movement which appears to be largely a result of their own stupidity and failed planning.

With a number of internally displaced persons remaining, it is clear that we need to take a number of steps.
1. We must put in place suitable mechanisms to share intelligence on slavers.
2. We should return the Blue Cross, with its extensive resources and curiously synergistic range from health to peacekeeping, to a more permanent footing.
3. We must establish refugee zones in Bluewell.
4. We should look carefully at how to ensure appropriate governance over Bluewell.

For these reasons I move as follows:

The Aestorian Commonwealth
His Grace Alexias Stella

Bluewell Operations and Supporting Administration Act

[Resolution Number: 24]

The IFC Council,

Having provided significant military and economic support to the peoples of Bluewell, including the blood of thousands of soldiers and billions of hard-earned dollars,

Noting the new and increasing slaver threat to Bluewell and IFC members,

Observing the seemingly corrupt decision of the Bluewell Government to allocate money to third party governments, rather than supporting the people of Bluewell,

Observing the Bluewell Government’s seeming inability to effectively exercise control over the nation or maintain popular support,

Believing there is no point in co-operating with any who prove to be uncooperative,

Desiring to return the Blue Cross to a permanent footing, with all necessary features,

Determined to act to ensure the creation of safe refugee zones, in the interests of the proper maintenance of stability and human rights,

Hereby declares:

Section 1: Intelligence Sharing

1. The Ministry of Intelligence shall form an Anti-slavery Office from officials seconded from the Administrative Office and may be empowered by the Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary to liaise with any suitable anti-slaving powers,

2. All intelligence held by IFC members on all known slaver nations, ships, weapons, and bases and their present intentions, locations, capabilities, and operations must be shared with the Anti-Slavery Office via the network of IFC embassies to its members (hereafter ‘Member Embassies’) within a month of this date or a month of the collection of this information, whichever is later,

3. All intelligence gathered by the Anti-Slavery Office should be promptly shared back with IFC members via the Member Embassies,

4. Other intelligence may also be shared by the same method.

Section 2: Blue Cross

1. Resolution 46 shall be anti-repealed, and the clauses 2-5 below added to the directions in that Act.

2. The Minister for the Blue Cross shall be or may delegate powers to the Secretary for Health (within the Ministry of Projects, with control over the Hospital Group, Medical Expeditionary Forces, and Health Liaison Unit), and the Director of Peacekeeping (within the Ministry of Defence, with control over Peacekeeping Planning, Military Policing, and Civilian Functions including a Police Regiment and Fire Brigade).

3. The Blue Cross may continue to operate under a general remit of providing civilian and health support, particularly health services to war-torn areas, but also for refugees, internally displaced persons, peacekeeping, military policing, civilian functions, and appropriate administrative support.

4. For the administration of these aims, the Health Division (within the Ministry of Projects) shall control:
(a) A Hospital Group, of a number of hospitals within IFC members that can receive airlifted casualties, trial health research carried out with the Ministry of Science, and also co-ordinate plans for and responses to major epidemics,
(b) Medical Expeditionary Forces, including donated forces and forces paid for by the IFC, including at least one IFC Medical Battalion, one Blue Cross Logistics and Support Battalion, and a Fast-Response Medics Flying Squadron,
(c) A Health Liaison Unit, for co-ordinating with the Peacekeeping and Stabilization Division, for liaising with the Ministry of Science for Health Research, liaising with the Ministry of Defence to ensure appropriate positioning of IFC forces, and liaising with other parts of the government to assess and respond to strategic threats.

5. For the administration of these aims, the Peacekeeping and Stabilization Division (within the Ministry of Defence) shall control:
(a) A Peacekeeping Planning and Liaison Office, for planning and directing all the necessary requirements of a prosperous peace, and to serve as a HQ for reserve forces made from various seconded from the RRF,
(b) A Military Police Command, which shall be made of various RRF seconded for the purpose,
(c) A Civil Functions Command, which shall include an IFC Fire Brigade, an IFC Police Regiment, a Utilities Office, and a Support Battalion seconded from the RRF,

6. The Blue Cross shall establish Refugee Zones in Bluewell, and shall:
(a) Exercise effective government over those areas, in the interests of peace, fairness, stability, democracy, and prosperity, in a manner fully in accordance with the Musrum Universal Declaration on Rights and Freedoms and with the intent of furthering a spirit of co-operation,
(b) Allocate up to $30 billion from the Blue Cross Fund to resettle up to 5 million refugee applicants at the Blue Cross’ expense among willing IFC nations, who may signify their willingness by voting ‘Aye+R’ or ‘Nay+R’ or ‘Abstain+R’ for this bill, at a rate of at maximum 1% of the host nation’s population, taking into account other refugees being resettled to minimize strain on host nations,

7. These refugee zones shall cover much of the east, north-west, and south-west of the country, including bases constructed for the IFC, and at least Methodist, Commerce, Junction Point, Breesport, St. Augustine Shores, Bends, Ruthard City, St. Nick’s Port, and St. Augustine Harbour, but shall not including the capital Kach or major local military bases,

8. The precise extent of the Zone shall be delineated by the IFC Executive Government,

9. The Refugee Zone government shall be advised and where feasible directed by the collaborating remaining elements of prior government structures, in particular including local governments and forces,

Section 3: Other Administrative Provisions

1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs should urgently delineate and pursue the IFC’s major foreign policy goals, in particular the enforcement of the Musrum Declaration on Universal Freedoms or any other functionally equivalent international standards, and

2. The Minister of Science and the Director of CASTI shall be indivisible positions.

Section 4: Bluewell Operations

1. The Refugee Zone shall be defended by elements of at least the Alpha Corps, and also other assisting IFC forces under IFC control,

2. Forces not under the control of the IFC are at this stage requested to leave the Refugee Zones, to avoid fighting within the areas,

3. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall investigate the possibility of a cease-fire with the Bluewell Independence Army, and three-way talks to ensure the proper future governance of Bluewell, or two way talks should either the BIA or existing government refuse to make suitable reforms or agree with the refugee zones,

4. In the event of either or both parties failing to support these measures, the IFC should take no further part in defending the government or territory effectively governed by either or both parties, except to assist the evacuation of refugees, and to prosecute the war against Slavers,

5. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall review the Pillowlandian Commonwealth’s conduct of affairs, both in regard to their control over Bluewell and Bluewell's desire to become a Nihonese tributary, and inform the Council of their opinion on whether the Pillowlandia Commonwealth is acting broadly within the IFC’s interests.

Signed,

[His Grace Alexias Stella, The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria]

"AYE+R."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates