NATION

PASSWORD

8th IFC Council-in-Summit [IC] [IFC Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:19 pm

"The OS feels it necessary to note that it must be a temporary Military Government, as we must ensure the disarmament of the Ardokian Armed Forces and National Police, along with effective capture of War criminals. Previous experience has shown that OS Military-led occupational forces fare far better than military forces acting under the direction of a provisional civilian government run by a supranational body. Furthermore, greater OS support for 21a would be given if an OS General or Flag Officer was appointed to spearhead this effort."
Last edited by Organized States on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm

"The trouble with disarmament is that IFC members must be able to protect themselves, in the future if not in the present. And then we will certainly need the police to maintain public order under the control of the IFC Judicial Committee.

But regarding the military, how about we arrange it so that the entire Ardoki military is temporarily transferred to the RRF command, and then we could carry out with the slow spreading of Ardoki's military across the IFC's operations?" asked Prince Kazpia. "Indeed this could be an excellent opportunity for Ardoki to prove their democratic credentials in battle against some of the really nasty dictators of the world, like slavers."
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm

"The Valaran Empire requests that further clarifications are required when the Resolution states that '10. This government’s obligations shall be underwritten by the IFC as necessary.' Given that is it almost certain that financial support will be required, the Valaran Empire will only support the Resolution if such funding be secured from member states which volunteer funds. This prevents an accidental 'blank chequebook' being authorised, and in turn limits any overspending by an IFC government."
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:"The trouble with disarmament is that IFC members must be able to protect themselves, in the future if not in the present. And then we will certainly need the police to maintain public order under the control of the IFC Judicial Committee.

But regarding the military, how about we arrange it so that the entire Ardoki military is temporarily transferred to the RRF command, and then we could carry out with the slow spreading of Ardoki's military across the IFC's operations?" asked Prince Kazpia. "Indeed this could be an excellent opportunity for Ardoki to prove their democratic credentials in battle against some of the really nasty dictators of the world, like slavers."

"No, a total demilitarization and demobilization of Police Forces must occur with their place being temporarily taken by IFC troops during the Occupational Period, followed by a selective rebuilding of the nation's armed forces in a post-Occupation phase. We cannot allow for war criminals to stake."
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:29 pm

"I agree, that a short-term military occupation of Ardoki is warranted and that the Ardokian Armed Forces and Police need to be disbanded and undergo massive restructuring efforts. The Federal Union of Guadalupador would proudly offer military assets to assist an OS-led Military Occupation.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:36 pm

I don't feel that occupation is needed. As it will only anger the population against us. Ardoki has agreed to try much of the government with international observation. He has agreed to the Inyurstan ultimatum. Please we need to change Ardoki in a radical way, but keep cool heads.
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Hatay wrote:I don't feel that occupation is needed. As it will only anger the population against us. Ardoki has agreed to try much of the government with international observation. He has agreed to the Inyurstan ultimatum. Please we need to change Ardoki in a radical way, but keep cool heads.

"A Military Occupation is the radical way for change. Disarmament and Demobilization along with the prosecution of war criminals must be carried out first and foremost. The Military Government will ensure order and ensure that these actions are carried out effectively during this time of such rapid change."
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Great Feng
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Feng » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Feng votes aye for Res 21 unmodified.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Organized States wrote:"A Military Occupation is the radical way for change. Disarmament and Demobilization along with the prosecution of war criminals must be carried out first and foremost. The Military Government will ensure order and ensure that these actions are carried out effectively during this time of such rapid change."

Gam Sol-Mi had another opportunity to finally speak. "With all do respect a military occupation is too radical a change. While we should have some forces in Ardoki, it's wrong to think that we can win the hearts and minds of a population raised to distrust us by completely dismantling their armed forces. If you do not intend to win the hearts and minds of the general public, than we have already lost and this will be a waste of time. Ardoki has remarkably agreed to the Inyurstan ultimatum which includes trying more than Moriarty and O'Brien now let's not push to hard and end up with nothing."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:36 pm

"Honestly, a short-term military occupation is the only way to vet out any and all people involved in the war crimes. The military needs to be restructured so that such events can never happen again." Myra said to Gam Sol-Mi and the Hatayan Delegate

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Roskian Federation
Mikihail Poresnkov

Articles of Impeachement against the Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition

[Resolution Number: 22-1]

=====Section One=====

The Roskian Federation hereby states the following list of grievances and ultimately reasons why the Prime Minister is no longer fit to be in any form of control over the alliance:
  • Repeatedly placing the International Freedom Coalition in many situations in which the alliance members are forced to chose sides, what the Prime Minister wants or the reality of the situation
  • Repeatedly placing the national interests of the Prime Minister's nation in front of the will of the International Freedom Coalition, taking a hard "join or die" approach
  • Repeatedly suppressing the interests of nations if they are not consistent with the Prime Minister's national interests
  • Forcing the International Freedom Coalition to accept a member with many recorded instances of hostility towards the alliance and individual members, under a promise to conform to the requirements of the International Freedom Coalition. This indicates that the Prime Minister has accepted a national application that was not consistent with the minimum requirements for entry.
  • Forcing the International Freedom Coalition to accept a member who has made the "promise" to conform to the International Freedom Coalition's Minimum Requirements, only to have the memberstates ignore the past times the same nationstate has made that claim and did not follow through.
  • Repeatedly bringing political instability to an alliance with common ideologies and a large international influence
  • Instead of solving the instances of grievances, the Prime Minister has instead opted for "alternative solutions", or, in essence, the opposite of what the memberstates of the International Freedom Coalition want, and instead what the Prime Minister wants.

=====Section Two=====

The International Freedom Coalition, upon the creation of this document, is not required to vote immediately for the removal of the Prime Minister from Office, but instead for the acceptance of the proceedings needed for impeachment. By voting for the document, you are not immediately counted as voting for the removal of the Prime Minister, but instead are voting for the ability to begin the impeachment cycle.

=====Section Three=====

The impeachement vote will require 50%+.5 of voters to successfully remove the Prime Minister from office. This 50%+.5 refers to the voting members, not to the population of the Organization as a whole.

Active memberstates of the International Freedom Coaltion will receive one entire vote, as they are the immediate nations who are offended by the actions and have to be around for post-impeachment. Understanding that the impact will affect nations who are observers of the International Freedom Coalition, all observer states who are registered at the creation of this document will recieve half of a vote.

=====Section Four=====

Legal Definitions
International Freedom Coalition: Refers to the military alliance of which this council sees over
Memberstate: Any current member who has joined the alliance, with exception towards Ardoki.
Prime Minister: The Current Prime Minister of Libraria and Ausitoria and the acting Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition
Prime Minister's Nation: Libraria and Ausitoria
Observer state: Versail, Central Kadigan, Thracia
Minimum Requirements: The access to basic freedoms by every day people.

[Mikihail Poresnkov, Roski]
Last edited by Roski on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:18 pm

"The Roskian Federation officially supports Resolution 21 as it was brought by the Shazbotdom delegate."
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:06 pm

“Too much overreaction! Not fit to lead the alliance? Pah! What nonsense. Let’s go through this list.

Repeatedly placing the International Freedom Coalition in many situations in which the alliance members are forced to chose sides, what the Prime Minister wants or the reality of the situation

> Implying the reality of the situation has to be war. But look around you! It doesn’t have to be war, which is far more gory than glory. And if it does become war, it will be because the IFC tries to go so far in pursuit of freedom that it becomes an autocratic dictator over Ardoki, defeating its own aims.

Repeatedly placing the national interests of the Prime Minister's nation in front of the will of the International Freedom Coalition, taking a hard "join or die" approach […]
Instead of solving the instances of grievances, the Prime Minister has instead opted for "alternative solutions", or, in essence, the opposite of what the memberstates of the International Freedom Coalition want, and instead what the Prime Minister wants.

That’s rubbish. The IFC’s interests are to spread liberty. Ausitoria’s interests are exactly the same. The difference lies in how: Roski wants to spread liberty by invading people, and Ausitoria wants to try to coerce people into giving up without fighting and to join the light side and the pursuit of liberty. Our way is simply more difficult.

Repeatedly suppressing the interests of nations if they are not consistent with the Prime Minister's national interests

If the Prime Minister’s national interests are the same as the IFC’s interests, why is this an impeachable offense?

Forcing the International Freedom Coalition to accept a member with many recorded instances of hostility towards the alliance and individual members, under a promise to conform to the requirements of the International Freedom Coalition. This indicates that the Prime Minister has accepted a national application that was not consistent with the minimum requirements for entry.

If you don’t think our membership admissions policy is right, why not propose a resolution to set up a membership admissions committee instead? Actually we think that would be a very good idea now, then we wouldn’t have silly arguments about it. The only reason why we haven’t done it previously is that it takes more time to admit members and we used to have a shortage.

Forcing the International Freedom Coalition to accept a member who has made the "promise" to conform to the International Freedom Coalition's Minimum Requirements, only to have the memberstates ignore the past times the same nationstate has made that claim and did not follow through.

Do you think the proposed Resolution 21 a is “ignoring” the necessity of making sure that this time is different?

Repeatedly bringing political instability to an alliance with common ideologies and a large international influence

The IFC has such a diverse membership base that it has always been and probably always will be politically unstable under any leader, even one less competent than Ausitoria.

In short, there are no sensible grounds for impeachment. All Ausitoria has strove for is to serve the interests of freedom by pursuing a balance of power, as I explained earlier; pursuing universal rights with the Musrum Declaration; and pursuing diplomatic resolutions before countenancing war, as you can see for yourself by the latest government release.

We have revived the alliance, we have poured money into the alliance, we have given the alliance a free and inclusive charter of rights that it can be proud of, and we have made this alliance the thriving debating hall it is today, a testament to the power of free speech and the crowning victory of what is right.

Ausitoria's methods are different, yes; but everybody has different ideas about how best to do things. We should reform our membership admissions procedures, probably; we should keep a very close eye on Ardoki, definitely. But impeachment? Nay.”

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:52 pm

The Shazbotdom Empire
Grand Admiral James E. Rockenbach

Aestorian Commonwealth
Frederick Styles

Federal Union of Guadalupador
Myra Soymian

Ardoki Reform Act

To create a temporary IFC-led government over Ardoki to ensure the Propagation of Liberty

Resolution Number: 21b

Delighted by Ardoki's decision to embrace freedom, but

Astonished that Membership was requested and granted for a Nation which has, in the past and most recently, shown that they are unwilling to negotiate at all with parts of the International Community, including in turning over key members of their Government who have probably either issued or carried out horrific acts across the world,

Concerned by the recent political instability within Ardoki,

Determined to act to ensure the creation of a proper free government, in the interests of the proper maintenance of stability and human rights,

Believing that now is not the time to expel Ardoki, but rather, to try to ensure that it is reformed by temporarily directing its government,

The IFC Council hereby:

1. Declares that the IFC government shall temporarily assume the position of Head of Government of Ardoki under the general direction of the Judicial Committee, starting from three days after the passage of this act.

2. This government shall also govern by executing the powers of any positions rendered vacant by resignations within the Ardoki government which have not yet been filled.

3. This government shall hold power until an IFC investigation into Ardoki is complete, or until one month has passed, whichever is sooner, unless the other elements of the Ardoki Government or the subsequently elected government request a further extension, on the condition that the extension is authorized by any two of the IFC Council, the IFC Judicial Committee, and the IFC Executive Government; unless opposed by the IFC Council.

4. Such government shall prepare democratic elections to be held within three months, and shall still hold those elections on behalf of the government of Ardoki if the period of government has ended.

5. This government shall be dispensed in the interests of peace, fairness, stability, democracy, and prosperity.

6. This government shall be advised and where feasible directed by the collaborating remaining elements of the prior government of Ardoki, including the Ardoki delegation-in-Council; and powers of government may be delegated to such collaborating elements as required for the proper administration of the country.

7. This government shall ensure that those collaborating elements of the prior government of Ardoki shall where possible be maintained in their positions, and shall be paid fully for the duration of their employment by this government.

8. This government shall exempt from taxation all other persons collaborating with its government within Ardoki, for a period lasting for at least one month.

9. This government shall ensure that Ardoki's legislation is in full compliance with the Musrum Universal Declaration on Rights and Freedoms.

10. This government’s obligations shall be underwritten by the IFC as necessary.

11. The IFC Council calls upon any with a position of power within Ardoki opposing this legislation to collaborate, and enjoy the continuation of their salaries; or directs the the IFC government and IFC members to act to ensure that they are defeated, and brought before the IFC Judicial Committee or some other appropriate judiciary for trial.

13. The IFC Council otherwise directs the IFC government and IFC members to act to ensure that all persons who carry out any acts contrary to Universal Rights within Ardoki shall be prosecuted.

14. The IFC Council calls upon international observers to provide support for the operations of the temporary government.

15. All Elements of the Ardokian Armed Forces and Law Enforcement in its present form will be dissolved, and restructured after any and all personnel that have cooperated, and/or participated in the alleged crimes against humanity of the Moriarty Regime are detained.

16. An IFC Military Administration will preside over, and provide the same services originally allotted to the Ardokian Armed Forces for the duration of the investigation, trials, and military restructure.

17. The IFC Military Administration will be under the jurisdiction of the Defense Committee and will be made up of a multi-national force of member-states.

Signed,

Myra Soymian, Federal Union of Guadalupador
Grand Admiral James E. Rockenbach, Shazbotdom
Frederick Styles, Aestoria

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:56 pm

"Under the direction of the Supreme Emperor, I am ordered to Table the vote on Resolution 21 as is written by the Imperial Authority. We will also be voting Nay on Resolution 22 at the current time if, and only if, the Shazbotdom Empire is allowed to send inspectors and military personnel to oversee the occupation."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:01 pm

TAG
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:20 pm

"As an alternative proposal, we would like to propose another amendment, with a compromise proposal on the military business..."

The Shazbotdom Empire
Grand Admiral James E. Rockenbach

Aestorian Commonwealth
Frederick Styles,
Richard Henry Terefort-Kazpia,
Federal Union of Guadalupador
Myra Soymian

Ardoki Reform Act

To create a temporary IFC-led government over Ardoki to ensure the Propagation of Liberty

Resolution Number: 21c

Delighted by Ardoki's decision to embrace freedom, but

Astonished that Membership was requested and granted for a Nation which has, in the past and most recently, shown that they are unwilling to negotiate at all with parts of the International Community, including in turning over key members of their Government who have probably either issued or carried out horrific acts across the world,

Concerned by the recent political instability within Ardoki,

Determined to act to ensure the creation of a proper free government, in the interests of the proper maintenance of stability and human rights,

Believing that now is not the time to expel Ardoki, but rather, to try to ensure that it is reformed by temporarily directing its government,

The IFC Council hereby:

1. Declares that the IFC government shall temporarily assume the position of Head of Government of Ardoki under the general direction of the Judicial Committee, starting from three days after the passage of this act.

2. This government shall also govern by executing the powers of any positions rendered vacant by resignations within the Aroki government which have not yet been filled.

3. This government shall hold power until an IFC investigation into Ardoki is complete, or until one month has passed, whichever is sooner, unless the other elements of the Ardoki Government or the subsequently elected government request a further extension, on the condition that the extension is authorized by any two of the IFC Council, the IFC Judicial Committee, and the IFC Executive Government; unless opposed by the IFC Council.

4. Such government shall prepare democratic elections to be held within three months, and shall still hold those elections on behalf of the government of Ardoki if the period of government has ended.

5. This government shall be dispensed in the interests of peace, fairness, stability, democracy, and prosperity.

6. This government shall be advised and where feasible directed by the collaborating remaining elements of the prior government of Ardoki, including the Ardoki delegation-in-Council; and powers of government may be delegated to such collaborating elements as required for the proper administration of the country.

7. This government shall ensure that those collaborating elements of the prior government of Ardoki shall where possible be maintained in their positions, and shall be paid fully for the duration of their employment by this government.

8. This government shall exempt from taxation all other persons collaborating with its government within Ardoki, for a period lasting for at least one month.

9. This government shall ensure that Ardoki's legislation is in full compliance with the Musrum Universal Declaration on Rights and Freedoms.

10. This government’s obligations shall be underwritten by the IFC as necessary.

11. The IFC Council calls upon any with a position of power within Ardoki opposing this legislation to collaborate, and enjoy the continuation of their salaries; or directs the the IFC government and IFC members to act to ensure that they are defeated, and brought before the IFC Judicial Committee or some other appropriate judiciary for trial.

13. The IFC Council otherwise directs the IFC government and IFC members to act to ensure that all persons who carry out any acts contrary to Universal Rights within Ardoki shall be prosecuted.

14. The IFC Council calls upon international observers to provide support for the operations of the temporary government.

15. The IFC Council directs the temporary government to take direct control of the Ardokian Armed Forces and Law Enforcement, by creating an IFC Military Administration under it,

16. The IFC Council directs the IFC Military Administration to restructure the Ardokian Armed Forces and Law Enforcement by replacing officers and personnel who are uncooperative or who are found during the IFC investigation to be likely guilty of crimes against humanity with new co-operating officers and personnel, while taking into account advice from the Ardokian Armed Forces to ensure any newly appointed officers are wherever possible also suitable on Ardoki's military criteria,

17. The IFC Council directs the temporary government to arrange for appropriate IFC Defence Forces, IFC Military Police, and IFC Military Observers to be sent from appropriate nations to assist in the defence of Ardoki and to ensure security during the temporary government,

18. Such forces and investigators arranged in clause 17 and clause 3 shall be placed under the control of the temporary government and shall remain under the ultimate jurisdiction of the IFC.

Signed,

Grand Admiral James E. Rockenbach, Shazbotdom
Lord Frederick Styles and His Imperial Highness IFC Prime Minister and Aestorian Foreign Minister Richard Kazpia, The Aestorian Commonwealth
Myra Soymian, Federal Union of Guadalupador
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:01 am

"Since there has been no attempt at addressing the points we raised concerning the cost, the Valaran Empire votes Nay on Resolution 21c.The deployment of IFC security forces, the tax exemptions, and the running of a temporary government will all be highly expensive, and it should only be funded by those nations willing to do so."

e: "It is worth noting that this is our last remaining issue with proceedings. Once it is assured that it will not have to cough up beyond what we wish for such extensive proceedings, the Valaran Empire will happily endorse this resolution."
Last edited by Valaran on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 am

"Oh, very well. In the event that nobody else coughs up, Ausitoria can do so, although they won't be pleased if they're the only ones."

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:24 am

"It seems unlikely that nations who contribute security forces won't then fund them. Regardless, the Valaran Empire might be willing to supply some financial assistance itself, but on terms we desire. Once that change is incorporated into the Resolution, we'll vote Aye.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:31 am

"I've just announced that Ausitoria will, in extremis, cover it. What more do you want? A clause saying what I have just said is completely redundant, and much worse, it would set an alarming precedent for IFC legislation to specify that a nation ought to pay for something. Much better to accept Ausitoria's pledge as something nominally separate."

"On another matter of business, of course Shazbotdom should be part of both groups that we send to Ardoki."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:41 am

"A precedent that is de facto well established, I might add. A clause is not vitally needed, but it would be some official confirmation. If your statement is also an official announcement, then that is sufficient. In that case, the Valaran vote is changed to Aye for Resolution 21c. It is possible that we shall also supply logistical assistance to the deployment and supply of IFC security forces." Stavan smiled. "That assitance would be self-funded, of course."
Last edited by Valaran on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:45 am

"Thank you," replied the Prince, with a smile, for Stavan's comment had been both welcome and accurate. "I am sure such help will be greatly valued," he added.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 am

It had to be said that Juunar was greatly glad that Styles had managed to reign everyone back in. Everything had a horrible tendency to escelate dramatically here.

"I would like to vote AYE on Resolution 21c and NAY on Resolution 22.

Unlike others, we have no issue with footing the bill as it is the right thing to do," now looking to Styles, Juunar spoke to him, "expect a draft detailing Lendolian involvement and support in Ardoki very soon."

Speaking to everyone once more, he continued, "Lendol will be present in Ardoki, in order to usher in a new era of freedom and liberty for its citizens."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:50 am

"In favor of impeachment!" Said Alema and she sat and texted the President.
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates