NATION

PASSWORD

8th IFC Council-in-Summit [IC] [IFC Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 am

"Once again, it becomes clear that Ausitoria simply wishes to defend its own interests over all of our own? You want this to be an equal partnership, but yet you let our members be threatened by a foreign power? Disgusting. Did you hear that world? Ausitoria believes that its own interests are more important to that than of humanity, and simply decides to blame the Nihonese, because their cultural beliefs and values are different, as an excuse to defend one of the most horrific regimes in modern times. You disgust me, sir. Racism should not be tolerated in these halls, Mr. Ambassador, and I am quite honestly aghast that you would resort to such measures. How dare you, sir! How dare you! Would you rather see me in a camp, Mr. Ambassador? We are an organization of the people, in your own delegation's words. Some of those people, happen to be Nihonese, Mr. Ambassador." fired back Noshimori, clearly offended by the thinly-veiled Ausitorian's illusion to Nihonese as a people being a threat.
Last edited by Organized States on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:57 am

"Your hypocrisy is breathtaking," said Frederick, after taking a sharp breath. "What you fail to understand is that my government is acting in the interests of humanity - interests which extend far wider than that of any individual members. Indeed it would be disgusting if the IFC only took into account a couple of member nation's interests over those of the other members and the rest of a world.

Further I am frankly highly disturbed that you immediately equate nations with race. They are not the same thing - I am appalled that you leap to the conclusion that they are.

As for a camp, you are already in one - your own camp of priggish self-interest.

Anyway, rather than continuing to trade insults with this sanctimonious barbarian, motion to close all further debate on Resolution 19."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:02 am

"Moving on, hopefully:"

Aestorian Commonwealth
Frederick Styles

General Freedoms

Resolution Number: 18a

This resolution hereby adds after the end of Part 1, Section 1 of the Administrative Act the following:
-

Section 2: Reserved Rights

Any person or legal entity who is resident or partly owned from any IFC member may not suffer discrimination on the basis of their nationality in their economic rights at the hands of any IFC member; in matters regarding:

Subsection 1:
The right to own property, and to be fairly compensated for any damage or confiscation by any entity responsible,

Subsection 2:
The right to free movement of:
(a) goods,
(b) services, and
(c) capital,
which shall be normally tariff-free, and subject only to such charges and laws as are naturally incurred upon domestic entities, and shall include the freedom of innocent navigation, and

Subsection 3:
The access to free movement of labour and people, but only among those IFC members which (a) are members the time of the passage of this act, and opt-in to this subclause; and (b) IFC members who join after the passage of this act and do not opt-out from this right;

Subsection 4:
All IFC members shall maintain the following additional general freedoms:
(a) the freedom of the media,
(b) right to vote for official representatives,
(c) the freedom for other IFC members to pass military forces through their waters and airspace, according to reasonable traffic control,

Subsection 5:
Any breach of these rights by any IFC member shall be considered grounds for suspension for that member or signatory while a further investigation is carried out, and the Council shall initiate a vote to expel the member within one month of the matter being officially raised in the Council.

-
And renumbers the remaining sections as appropriate.

Signed,

Frederick Styles, Aestoria

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:23 am

"We would like to vote AYE for Resolutions 17b and 18 and NAY for Resolution 19. If we sat here condemning any and all nations found guilty of lying, or "false reporting", we would waste valuable time, not to mention the fact that we would become unbelievably petty in the process."
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:37 am

"If we could not take to arguing in the manner of children then we can proceed to actually accomplish things, as to resolution 19 I am in agreement that it is a mess at the moment because of its combination of various items into one package. As such, it would be best to separate each part individually." At this he glanced at the Ausitorian ambassador,"However as both a member of the IFC and as elected leader of the IFC your moves to support non-IFC nations against other members is simply unacceptable. Even accounting for the fact that space combat is not a particularly good idea, and that the diversity of the left would be best left intact against other ideologies which our nations might see as a potential threat. None of the reasons you have presented reasonably excuse your actions in supporting a regime which has already been proven to be less than polite, to put it lightly." Now he turned toward the OS representative. "No matter the fact the the Ausitorians have acted in a less than satisfactory way, you should not simply be accusing them of racism and simply being absorbed into their own interests. Certainly they view space with more priority than many governments; in that regard they are simply more future looking than many others." Having ranted he moved to address the larger gathered group more directly, "we move to continue discussion on resolution 19, and advocate that it's individual parts be separated for clarity and for effectiveness. Additionally we support the resolutions moves to establish essentially a IFC space command. However much the Ausitorians belive that maintaining peace among the stars is essential it is no longer feasible. We as an organization must recognize the fact that nearly any nation now can posses the power to engage space targets. Additionally we must realize that whether we like it or not space is becoming militarized. We can not sit by sitting on our hands, attempting to write space peace treaties. We must move to protect our own members as a priority, then protect the rest of the left and any other nation who needs and deserves our protection. Ideology should not be a priority here, freedom should be. Ardoki is not free, and thus deserves no protection from our organization or any of our members."
Last edited by Pillowlandia on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:53 am

"I can assure you that my government is simply supporting non-IFC members in addition to IFC members - in much the same way as some IFC members choose to support SACTO members in addition to IFC members, or other IFC members support Yujing Pact Members, and so on. If there is any danger of the balance of power being lost, we will automatically seek to compensate for the shift.

In any event, if there is going to be conflict in space, we would sooner exhaust diplomatic methods completely first. It is our opinion that Resolution 17b, properly enforced, particularly by the Aestorian space navy, is entirely sufficient to guarantee shared ownership of space. Unless there is any marked shift in the vote, since a majority is now clear, then I will call the result tomorrow."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:27 am

Myra rose up from his seat: "The leader of this Coalition should not be preoccupied with defending the 'diversity of the left' of non-member states and should rather be occupied with helping to defend its own. Those authoritarian states can band up themselves if they feel threatened, or want allies. In fact, it appears that they've already done so several times over. Perhaps the Ausitorian Commonwealth should ally with the Coalition's own diversity of the left: left-leaning republics and democracies." Myra took a deep breath. "This Coalition shouldn't kowtow to or protect authoritarian or totalitarian regimes that aren't even in the IFC in the first place, no matter where they are on the political spectrum. He then sat down patiently, waiting for the translator to finish.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:28 am

"People. People. Instead of baseless rhetoric, why not move towards a reasonable action?:"

Roskian Federation
Mikihail Poresnkov

Declaration of Hostilites against Ardoki

Resolution Number: 20

This resolution hereby declares the actions of Ardoki belligerency status, and allows the International Freedom Coalition to use all resources available.
-

Section 2: Grievances

The Roskian Federation notes that the following actions are indeed considered hostile towards members of the International Freedom Coalition

Subsection 1:
The recent incident in which military equipment violated the low orbit airspace claimbed by a memberstate. This is a wholly unreasonable endeavor, one that all members need to consider.

Subsection 2:
Unreasonable hostilities and militarization against members of the International Freedom Coalition, who whooly have not provoked such an incident

Subsection 3:
The government of Ardoki wholly provides none or very little of the information we call for, including political, economic, and social freedoms.

Section 3: Declaration

This article passes a declaration of general hostilities between the International Freedom Coalition and Ardoki, who has done its best to thrust the idea of war into our court and has made it impossible to ignore any longer. There are members of the International Freedom Coalition who have total existantial threats by the current Ardokian government's existance, and an article would allow us to have a immediate attack in self defence.

Signed,

Mikihail Poresnkov, Roski
[/quote]
Last edited by Roski on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Alema Elfgeesh, representative of the Republic of Hatay stood, speaking in Arabic but with a translator to say each sentence in english after she said it.
"Greetings esteemed Delegates. (translate) The Republic of Hatay's position on the Ardokian-Dorian crisis could not be more clear. (translate) We are unapologetically pro-Guadalupador. (you get it) The Ardokian Commonwealth is nothing more than a totalitarian regime that has committed horrendous genocide in the past. Furthermore, we are very disappointed to see that one, the IFC does not live up to its name and protects a completely unfree nation. While I know this is a minority opinion and one that I hope has altered, it is frustrating. Two, the priority of the IFC should not be to assist non-members infringing on the territorial integrity of members, but to form a barrier to protect members. We unequivocally condemn the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic, and throw our support behind the Dorians and Resolution Number 20. However, I support an amendment recognizing genocide in Aanglandia."
She sat and awaited a response, giving a friendly look to the Dorian delegation.
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Without a word, Frederick started to circulate a policy briefing in response.

Pax Prosperitas

By Order of His Imperial Majesty's Government

From: The Foreign Policy Office, The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
Public Notice

Public Declaration regarding the nature of attacks upon Spacecraft

The Aestorian Commonwealth would like to express its severe displeasure and disappointment with the Guadalupadorean governent’s attack upon an Ardoki satellite. While we generally applaud attempts to bring Ardoki in line, we hereby condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms.

Our objection takes the following three forms:

First, on a strategic level, the warmongering notion that attacks made in space do not count is a misconception with potentially dangerous consequences which must not become an international standard. Space constitutes a vital security interest to modern nations, particularly to Aestoria and other IFC members, and it is our opinion that any acts of aggression there should be treated in the same manner as an attack within the atmosphere – indeed, on a practical level, it is in some ways more serious, since spacecraft are more expensive. The ignorance of the danger of accidental escalation is displaying the sort of callous disregard for human life that promises a bleak future of death, destruction, and dystopia. Therefore on this particular issue we must applaud Ardoki’s restraint, even while we continue to investigate the Aanglandian purge.

It has been suggested by some uninformed elements of the mass media that a defence can be made for some notion of control over space, in the same manner that we (reluctantly) accept the demarcation of seas (even while seizing indemnities for the inconvenience). However in space this is an absolutely absurd notion and we simply cannot let it pass: it displays a completely erroneous understanding of the practicalities of rocket science. Due to satellites needing to maintain a circular orbit at hypersonic velocities simply to avoid being pulled back to the ground, non-geostationary spacecraft must move around, as this simulation shows. Furthermore, since satellites traditionally go on for dozens of years without stopping, and are still absurdly expensive, it would become quite impossibly expensive to provide fuel to make constant course corrections to detour around aggressive countries, particularly if this has to be done several times an hour. The simple fact of the matter is that free passage through space, even for military equipment, is absolutely necessary on economic grounds.

To sum: at sea, vessels can almost always carry sufficient fuel to detour; by air, they can usually do so, and can perhaps avoid restricted zones; but in space, it is quite impossible to carry the required fuel and for spacecraft to remain economical: they simply have to move according to mathematically-defined trajectories. (Mathematics is one of those unusual things where you are either right or wrong).

And we will go to war if necessary to maintain this distinction, even against our notional allies, if it is the only way to abide by the laws of the universe.

Second, we are generally disappointed with attacks upon spacecraft on the grounds that an uninterrupted escalation of Kessler syndrome could render spaceflight impossible, with disastrous consequences to modern civilization due to the failure of GPS and communications systems which underpin the entirety of modern logistics and money movements. Again, these attacks display a lack of foresight which is unfitting of a modern nation, and from this point of view the attack is again a thoroughly irresponsible precedent.

Third, these attacks, due to the creation of uncontrolled or partially-controlled debris, pose an indirect attack upon Ausitorian spacecraft, and have necessitated hundreds of additional maneouvers to avoid debris, at large expense, and marginally impacting on our all-important satellite communications networks. While we clear up the remaining debris, we are continuing to calculate the indemnity, which will likely be on the scale of some $30 billion dollars, subject to further arbitration in courts. (That figure does assume we do not have to add to the indemnity to cover any potential expense of ensuring that the indemnity is paid in the first place).

But more importantly, we expect and demand that this sort of incident does not become a habit, or we will punish those responsible – by knocking them back a century if necessary. If some nations cannot share space, we may deny their right to access it by any means.

You have been warned.

"As you can see, we will not support any resolution which is based upon an incorrect understanding of how spacecraft maneuver, or any ridiculous claim to control low earth orbit. A condemnation based on affairs in Aanglandia would be another matter, and we move that Resolution 20 be modified on such a basis."

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:20 pm

The entirety of the recent events was simply foolish, no way around it. First the Ausitorians moved to support an non-IFC nation above a fellow member, already a dangerous and undermining precedent, but managed to also thoroughly trash any modest amount of reputation the IFC held in many circles whilst doing so. Then the Organized States representative went off, neither were right and neither were entirely wrong. "I would like to request that resolution be divided into two separate motions, a part B if needed. As it stands combining a resolution to condemn a nation and form a new department within the alliance simply clutters it. We will support measures to form a united IFC space front, either in the form of a unified and cooperative liaison or command group, or as a full fledged IFC space force. As such, we vote nay on resolution 19 in it's current form- though will support if the already stated modifications are made. Additionally we vote nay on resolution 20 as the current environment does not show a war resulting in a useful end for the IFCs goals. However, they should not go without at least a condemnation and modest economic sanctions. Already the situation is making the IFC look a fool, we must retake control of the situation and show that we are truly capable of our stated goals." At this he looked, once more, towards the Ausitorian ambassador. "By making efforts to maintain a balance of power we will continue to look weak, a balance of power implies that we are only capable of maintaining such a 'balance'. As an alliance we must constantly strive to further our goal of spreading freedom. Freedom which I might add comes in many forms, some more free than others. That is why several members collaborate with various SACTO and other groups. Furthermore as your nation holds the PM within the organization you should reflect that your foreign policy should be an exemplar to the IFCs goals. Protecting nations of the 'left' is not our goal, it is to promote and protect freedom-either on the left or right."
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:55 pm

After a pause, Prince Kazpia entered, this time in a conventional turquoise tunic.

“But the right is quite capable of defending itself - for the moment,” he said.

Clearly it was high time to explain Ausitorian policy again. Which meant he would have to give a speech. How very tedious.

“If you think the IFC is weak or foolish, you have been listening to our opponents, who specialize in information warfare. It takes a great deal of strength to stand up for the weak against the strong, or to be in the position to achieve victories by the sheer weight of diplomatic power alone. Indeed, while it certainly takes time to achieve diplomatic victories, the fact that the opposition is suddenly becoming so desperate suggests to me that our policies are gathering momentum and their effectiveness is starting to show.”

Here the Prince allowed himself a vindictive smile, like a Cheshire cat, except that he didn’t disappear.

“The IFC’s aim, now made more explicit in the Universal Declaration of Rights – hereby passed 5-3 – is to preserve free societies (and to make more of them). But freedom tacitly includes freedom of choice between left and right. In this aim the IFC is opposed by a variety of nations from the SACTO far-right, who oppose all forms of socialism, to the 3SEIN slavers and other suchlike dictators, who oppose virtually all forms of freedom, to idiot communists, who idiotically oppose property rights. Now, due to either the presence of liberal capitalist economics, or the presence of nationalism, which destroys economies but makes up for that in military strength, the right is quite capable of defending itself.

The left, due to the unfortunate collapse of the USN and UCASIRE, is not so capable of defending itself, and that is why the IFC should be (and indeed is) disposed to look after it. If we do not look after the left at the moment, there is a danger of finding ourselves in a bipolar world with only SACTO and the IFC present, and then we will never manage to persuade the SACTO far-right to allow left-wing democracies to exist, except probably through sheer brute force, which is much uglier than diplomacy and leaves too much to chance.

That is why, if you oppose our defence of the balance between left and right in the international system, you are knowingly or unknowingly sabotaging the existence of left-wing democracies.

And even if most of the democracies in the IFC happen to be right wing, my government will not stand idly by while the left is destroyed. Freedom is more important than being left wing or right wing.

That's what we think, anyway.”

He turned away and vanished. Ausitorian politicians were given training in the dramatic arts, and he had been standing over an invisible trapdoor.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Frederick Styles rose.

"Regarding Resolution 20, IFC diplomacy has succeeded in receiving assurances from Ardoki that their government will permit an investigation into recent affairs regarding Aanglandia, and that Ardoki will consider signing the Musrum Universal Declaration of Rights and Freedoms. This could be a victory for peaceful diplomacy.

Therefore we hereby move that any further voting on Resolution 20 be postponed while negotiations continue.

Oh, and just in case anybody's disappointed that the IFC isn't going to war, some of us are already fighting slavers in Bluewell, and help would be urgently appreciated."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Myra was furious. "Are you crazy? Are you out of your mind? He roared. "Moriarty is a liar, and a murderer. And you're giving him a free pass? Does this alliance mean anything to you, sir? You are aware that the Ardokian Government is going to cover up any sort of crimes against humanity he's committed when we send observers to Aanglandia, yes? I will say this: The Federal Union of Guadalupador will not accept any Ardokian delegation into this Coalition unless President Alistair Moriarty and his administration is put before an international tribunal. At this present time, the Ardokian government is not to be trusted whatsoever."
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 pm

"No shouting, or I will have to ask you to leave this summit," replied Frederick, coldly. "I don't know about what you make of fair trials, but the Universal Declaration requires the right to a fair legal trial and legal counsel, including presumption of innocence. If Ardoki is willing to abide by it - and rest assured, we can verify it for ourselves - then that should be an end to the matter. If they aren't willing to abide by it, then of course that's a different matter. Do calm down."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Roski wishes the notion of a pause on voting to be rejected.

Ardoki has committed hostile actions against memberstates of the IFC - the ardokian government would be investigating the ardokian government.

Gonna have to state that the IFC should investigate the Government of Ardoki, non-negotiable.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:44 am

I fear that members are taking leave of their sanity. Obviously the IFC shall be carrying out any such investigation, unless the Council manages to derail government diplomacy.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:35 am

Roski wrote:Roski wishes the notion of a pause on voting to be rejected.

Ardoki has committed hostile actions against memberstates of the IFC - the ardokian government would be investigating the ardokian government.

Gonna have to state that the IFC should investigate the Government of Ardoki, non-negotiable.

"An investigation is not necessary. It's painfully clear that Ardoki is a state that has supported terrorism and committed genocide. Immediate action is warranted. The OS is no longer willing to standby and watch as entire races of people are murdered. Our brother nations in Latin America were attacked and murdered in an unprovoked and unwarranted fashion. Chile deserves justice. The Hetrosexual minority of Ardoki deserves justice. Aaglandia deserves justice. The time for investigation is over. The time for action is now. "
Last edited by Organized States on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:56 am

Organized States wrote:
Roski wrote:Roski wishes the notion of a pause on voting to be rejected.

"An investigation is not necessary. It's painfully clear that Ardoki is a state that has supported terrorism and committed genocide. Immediate action is warranted. The OS is no longer willing to standby and watch as entire races of people are murdered. Our brother nations in Latin America were attacked and murdered in an unprovoked and unwarranted fashion. Chile deserves justice. The Hetrosexual minority of Ardoki deserves justice. Aaglandia deserves justice. The time for investigation is over. The time for action is now. "

"Seconded! Furthermore, this is not about left or right. Hatay is relatively left, yet will still demand Justice in Ardoki strongly. The IFC will stand for freedom and the Ardokian government has themselves shown that freedom in their country is nonexistant. If the leadership of the IFC continues to allow tyranny and is so desperate that they require dictators to achieve its purposes, then we are turning SACTO's lies into truth! Down with Ardoki and up with freedom!"
Long live Democracy!

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:16 am

"I disagree," Juunar said, rising from his seat, "In cases like these, now is the time to follow due course. We must rush into hostilities before we know the full story. The day when we of the IFC freely declare that investigations are not necessary, is the day when misfounded, unjust wars begin. No, we must investigate before we rush into anything. And even then, we must do it right."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:29 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:"I disagree," Juunar said, rising from his seat, "In cases like these, now is the time to follow due course. We must rush into hostilities before we know the full story. The day when we of the IFC freely declare that investigations are not necessary, is the day when misfounded, unjust wars begin. No, we must investigate before we rush into anything. And even then, we must do it right."

"Mr. Ambassador, what will happen when the evidence piles up further? Will we sit here and demand further investigation as even more people are murdered? This is the greatest genocide possibly in this century unfolding right before us, not to mention threatening one of our allies! We have enough evidence to begin, and the fact is Ardoki is dangerous. They are a legitimate threat to the safety of the entire world and to all the people on it. We must end the appeasement of this barbaric regime and start to take a more proactive response."
Thank God for OS!- Deian

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:39 am

"Rhetorics like that only end up making you more ridiculous, rather than my argument. I would prefer it if you were to instead make real arguments than to exaggerate and misrepresent mine. Make no mistake, the Lendol Archipelago will not let genocide ho unpunished, but we aim never to enter an unjust war, nor shall we enter any war without enough certainty that that is the right course of action.

We seem to be forgetting that we are a powerful international organisation with the capability to shape the world. If we are to do so, we must make sure we are doing the right things. This is achieved by doing the right things in the right ways, not by rushing into war because it's what we believe to be right."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:21 am

"I hate to pull the North Korean card on you people. But Ardoki would decide who and what was investigated. They would only show us happy and pro-Ardokian Aanglandians. Not those in rural areas who vehemently oppose the ASDLP and are left behind by the ASDLP's legislation. Ardoki would never give their people free and fair elections, the IFC needs to pressure Ardoki into change. We can't appease Moriarty. If current negotiations fail, the IFC needs to be crucial in disabling Ardoki's ability to oppress, however that may be. And I reiterate, Ardoki has violated the territorial integrity of a member state and we have members and our leadership defending Ardoki!? This is outrageous and not how the IFC should treat a fellow member. We cannot trust nor accept any Ardokian delegation, to do so would be to split the IFC into factions." Alema sat down, fuming, was this how the IFC treated its members? She stood again, not quite finished.
"In any case, let us vote on whether to waste time and resources on a pointless investigation. Or better yet vote on declaring hostilities with the Ardokian Commonwealth."
Last edited by Hatay on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Long live Democracy!

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:19 am

"As I said before, we must not rush into this. We must go through the right processes before we enter hostilities. We must set ourselves and others a precedent to live NY. This precedent mustn't be to ignore the proper methods and processes simply because we know. The state can know that a murderer is guilty, yet an investigation must take place, a case must be built and a trial must be held as this is the way things must take place. Why should this be any different when there is so much more at stake?

Before someone inevitably ignores the question and instead pursues a pointless, largely sorrel event argument, I shall rule out one line of inquiry. I do not believe that Ardoki is innocent, nor do I support them at all. I support justice and fairness. As fellow members of the IFC, I would like to believe that you do, too. This means that we do things by the book, and that we do not rush into hostilities before the relevant procedures have taken place.

I hope that this is the last time that I will need to rise in order to merely reiterate my argument."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:39 am

With Junko Yamada being the Kirishinan delegate since around the dawn of the IFC as well as serving as IFC foreign minister twice, it was time for a change. Kirishima since her appointment as changed significantly as well as having changes in government. With Kirishima being on the judiciary committee and her tenure as foreign secretary concluded, Yamada has found it appropriate to retired from her position. With this new opening Kasuga saw it fit to put a representative that can better convey H.E.S.L views towards the IFC.

The new Kirishinan delegate was Gam Sol-Mi, considering she was a favorite in the party as a future Senator, Dirigeant, or Foreign Minister, this role would give her a wealth of experience. Sol-Mi sat back for the most part observing everything waiting for her first opportunity to speak as a delegate in the IFC with her arriving a short time ago. With the Hatayan finished, Sol-Mi decided to speak. Despite many Kirishinans knowing English, it was far from the official languages (French and Japanese) or the language she grew up with (Korean). Sol-Mi during schooling took Mandarin as oppose to English so her English skills while there was not good enough for a setting like this. This meant for the first time Kirishima would be using a translator.

"First of I must introduce myself, I am Gam Sol-Mi the new Kirishinan delegate to the IFC. By western naming convention my name is Sol-Mi Gam. It's nice to meet all of you."She stated with a smile and polite bow. With that out of the way her face became more serious. "I truly believe that without a shadow of a doubt despite whatever claim Ausitoria would like to make. The idea that the head of the International Freedom Coalition would prioritize their personal ideology of spectrum balance over a member nation is simply disgusting, unprofessional and quite selfish. Kirishima feels like it ultimately been made a fool of. For a long time my government has been trying to recruit Guadalupador and Hatay into this alliance only to now be left with no answers to a perfectly valid question. Is this normal? Is this how member nations get treated?"

Sol-Mi took a sip of water. Her tone was serious yet calm and she prepared to continue. "With that said war is currently not the answer nor is wasting our time in the bureaucratic mess of another staged investigation. If we are going to do an investigation, we need to do it right. We must not allow the Ardokian government to dictate who, what, or where we investigate. Furthermore rushing to war is irrational, irresponsible, and with all do respect foolish for the same reason a regular non though investigation is flawed. Ardoki is a propaganda machine that has many people scared who brought into the political regime. Governments can change over night but the mindset of a people can not. If Ardoki constantly assures it's people and many people in Aaglandia that we are Visgoths at the gates of rome, does it make sense to come in guns blazing. To save someone brainwashed you can't become what they already think you are. We risk driving support towards the regime." Sol-Mi stated before being seated.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates