NATION

PASSWORD

8th IFC Council-in-Summit [IC] [IFC Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri May 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Romulus chuckled inaudibly at the fact what was essentially a micronation with a virtually nonexistent military was the minister of defense. But he wouldn't complain, as long as the IFC forces didn't kill themselves. And making a joint exercise with the USN, now that was a good idea. I need to remember to have the NRIA to look into the USN. Glancing on the information about the incedent at Bluewell, Romulus made a decision. "Despite my nation's history of naval operations, the Grand Navy will be sending a Carrier Battle Group to help in Operation Albatross."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 07, 2016 2:58 am

"Thank you. If you'd like AWACS cover," said Frederick, knowing all about that particular history, "we'll be happy to cover your fleet if it joins ours.

But I suggest further tactical planning on the subject be continued at the Pillowlandian base on Bluewell. But does anybody have any strategic considerations? For instance, any opinions on how we should handle the Democratic People's Front, which might be backed by USN members? Some diplomatic leg-work might be called for?"
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat May 07, 2016 6:35 am

Romulus's face grew hot, as it flushed with embarrassment. That was still a sore point for him, the Spring Sea Massacre. There were several mistakes made by the commanders of both fleets that day. The biggest being the lack of AWACS in the sky. The Grand Navy had that problem fixed on the other carriers right away. "Sir, I can assure you that we are perfectly capable to provide our own AWACS cover" Romulus replied, struggling to keep the chill out of his voice.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

Salderia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Salderia » Sat May 07, 2016 7:15 am

Archer noticed the man from New Roma Republic flush red at Frederick's comment. Geeze, I might want to look into that... she thought. Archer leaned back and said "On the topic of tactics, I have just received an email from the others in my government. They feel that the IFC should obtain air superiority before the OpFor does. That way we can have air operation to support any ground movement. We should also launch SEAD operations at OpFor air defenses and air bases, as to keep the superiority."

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 am

"And use it to keep friendly forces in good supplies and establish complete anti-bomber coverage," added Frederick, who had just finished reading an article by someone who seemed to actually know a bit about what was going on in Bluewell.

"And I do apologize to my friend, I'm sure all nations learn from mistakes. One of the reasons why exercises can be rather useful. How soon can forces be made available to strike the Phenyzian fleet? Ausitorian High Altitude/RORSAT analysis suggests they are about 250 km to the south of Southcreek, a port virtually mid-way along the southern coast; we would like to strike at once before they can start landing forces."

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat May 07, 2016 1:04 pm

"Normally, it could take up to a week, but I think we can fast track it with units already out at sea. I'll shoot an email to Julius Iucundus, the Minister of Defense, and he'll scrape together a taskforce. I'll order a second fleet be assembled, but this one will be done with ships at harbor, so it'll take longer to deploy them. Finally, if I remember the briefings correctly, I'll be able to have, I think, 2 or 3 SSNs at Bluewell between now and Wednesday. I'll also be able to have a SSGN sometime soon.

"I totally agree with the air superiority. Do we have any friendly airbases on Bluewell that we can station air forces? The major problem here is that it's an island. If it was on land...no need to worry about what we can't control. So, airbases?"
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vikden
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vikden » Sat May 07, 2016 1:48 pm

President Johannes Abel finally spoke up "The bombings are an atrocious war crime. The IFC will have Vikden's entire cooperation in this operation. I am committing an augmented battlefleet to the forces. We are also willing to commit Air and land forces. Now, it is my understanding that Ralkovia, a slaver nation, is involved. I believe that the IFC should go after them since they are abusing human rights." He glanced around to see how that was received.

Salderia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Salderia » Sat May 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Something went DING! in Archer's head. "WAIT A MINUTE!" she exclaimed, interrupting the conversation. "We have the RRF, right? We haven't used it since...well, I don't know the last time it was used. Couldn't we use those forces in this incident? It's there for a reason."

Keshokif
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshokif » Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Frederick nodded deferentially as the Keshokifian excellencies entered the airship, and motioned towards the seats, saying "Welcome! Do help yourselves."

PROPOSED OPERATION
Code name: The Devil (and the Deep Blue Sea)
Plan for operation: Declare (and start to enforce) a Maritime Exclusion Zone 500 nm around Bluewell, in particular to prevent enemy force arrivals.
Assisting forces required (are they in the theater yet?): Aerial reconaissance spaced around Bluewell (presence unknown) and Intelligence - who can help?

PROPOSED OPERATION
Code name: Blue Albatross
Plan for operation: Long range carrier strike against Phenyzian forces.
Assisting forces required (are they in the theater yet?): Elements of the Bluewell Battle Fleet (Ausitoria), additional forces desirable (would an Avrellon/Shazite Air Group be available)?"
"Thank you, Sir Frederick. I trust we are not too late for any formalities or issues which might have arisen?"
The Keshokific delegation began to mingle. There was a table in the centre with a lot of foreign food. Ddiko, though not a stranger to foreign cuisine, had no idea what half of the things on the table were. However, coffee was one thing she did know. She quickly poured the black liquid into a cup with some milk and sugar and leant on a pole stirring it.
She could hear the general discussion of war crimes, military procedure and other, lesser things. She sipped the coffee, before deciding to pipe up.
"In Erre culture, it is considered an affront to resort directly to violence. I know fairly little of this conflict and its intricacies, but I know that we would need to be more tactful than simply to send a force to this nation. We should constantly be striving for peace, even in these times of war. Whether or not violence is the right choice, we must consider all options before we blindly follow one," Once again, she sipped her coffee, and then continued. "I could offer humanitarian aid, but as the Central Keshokific Armed Forces are very decentralised, we couldn't promise any military intervention at this point."
The Federal Republic of Keshokif
Acca Kassi Urri
Justice Above Law
Factbook is love, factbook is life...
INTP, Communist, Linguist

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat May 07, 2016 9:34 pm

"The Shazbotdom Empire," The Grand Admiral started, "has ordered the deployment of a small contingent of the Imperial Navy as well as the Marine Corps to the combat theater. They have not fully deployed from Imperial Waters at this moment and are busy getting loaded into our Naval Vessels, but they will be prepared to deploy to the region within the next 12 hours. This will be an Initial Deployment to the region and our forces could escalate if it is deemed necessary."

He then turns and looks through all the assembled Delegations, "I would also like to put forth a vote on the location of the Headquarters of the IFC. I know that the Empire has put forth a bid with a building within our Territory that seemed to have a good deal of support. For those who just arrived, the Empire has put forth a former Hotel Resort as a location, my aide will disburse the proper paperwork to you. It is located deep within the largest bay of the Shazbotdom Empire."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun May 08, 2016 4:03 am

After a hurried consultation with aides, Frederick spoke. "Than you, your Keshokifian excellencies. Your humanitarian assistance would be greatly appreciated, although I do think the case for stopping Phenyzia and Ralkovia is utterly indisputable on humanitarian grounds. No doubt the transcript of our discussion here so far might be helpful-" he clicked his fingers and an aide came in with two copies for them to peruse.

"We are pursuing the question of airbases as urgently as possible - Salderia, perhaps you might get a Pillowlandian delegation to attend this Summit? Although really the tatical details should be discussed at the Pillowlandian Submarine Base - I do hope members participating in the task force will attend there at once. Incidentally Ausitoria has decided to launch a strike against Phenyzia at once, since they seem to be about to land forces. But no doubt there will be little shortage of targets!

Regarding the Rapid Reaction Forces, apart from the Feng Dynasty, who has pledged 700,000 forces (I would suggest that the Ministry of Defence should contact them urgently), our Rapid Reaction Forces are about 50,000 in number and their composition somewhat unknown due to retracted memberships, with some quandary over whether nations which have withdrawn have withdrawn their equipment, although there are 5,000 (the Jedorian contribution) currently deployed in Zelphos, and 14,000 who have just finished free training in Ausitoria, and are now on the way towards the Bluewell Theatre HQ with one IFC Carrier Battle Group and one IFC Amphibious Assault Group, a small Ausitorian Fleet, and a notional Ausitorian Strategic Transport and Command Wing, ETA 3 days.

I should mention that most of those in training are the preliminary result of plans to assemble an IFC Division of 20,000 men, which would only be fitting given that we have an annual budget for the army at $2 billion per year. We have already recruited three airborne infantry regiments with three battalions of 600 men each, with ferrying capacity for one regiment at a time (by the fleet air arm's four squadrons of V-24 Swift Foxes and two squadrons of UH-24 Foxes). However they do not have any heavy equipment yet, and at the moment have only been trained with AK-47s, which are at least ubiquitous.

Nonetheless they have been trained to work with the two AH-24 Fennec squadrons and with an Ausitorian Combined Arms Brigade and Armoured Brigade, which gives the whole formation fairly substantial fire support, and as an interim measure Ausitoria has also loaned the infantry regiments with a supply of 300 x 75 mm mortars and 300 x 12.5 mm Heavy Machine Guns and 300 x 120 mm Anti-Tank Missile Launchers, and all the infantry have also been on a parachute drop, so I have it on good authority that the resulting Division is an increasingly decent formation, which we could certainly make use of on the battlefield.

Just to fix the administrative end, for the unit to operate;

I, Frederick, Delegate to this Coalition from the nation of the Aestorian Commonwealth do hereby make the following contributions to the RRF of the International Freedom Coalition:
(for the duration of the Bluewell Conflict only, unless extended)
  • Cruising Fleet of 1 CV, 1 Light Carrier, 1 Arsenal Ship, 3 HPDs, 1 LD, 3 Cruisers, 10 Destroyers, 20 Corvettes, 2 SSNs, 1 SSKs, and 1 SSGM.
  • Air Group (40 F/AS Krakens, 80 Radegast, 60 F-IIIs, 40 F/A-70 Panthers, 20 Capricorn Tankers, 30 Capricorn Transports, 50 ASW Aircraft (various types), 50 Support Aircraft (various types),
  • IFC Division Support, including:
    a. Combined Arms Brigade (2 Combined Arms Batallions and 2 HQ, Engineering, and Supply battalions) with organic air transport
    b. Support Brigade (1 Tank Regiment, 1 Air Assault Battalion, and 1 Heavy UAV Squadron, 1 Infantry Batallion, and 1 HQ, Engineering, and Supply battalion) with organic air transport
    c. Strategic Reserve Brigade (1 Infantry Batallion, 1 HQ, Engineering, and Supply battalion) with organic air transport
  • 300 x 75 mm mortars and 300 x 12.5 mm Heavy Machine Guns and 300 x 120 mm Anti-Tank Missile Launchers

Anyway, on the question of the Headquarters, I agree it is high time that we move towards a vote. However I know Novo Wagondia is planning to run the bid, so perhaps they would care to introduce it?"

And with that the airship slowly, virtually imperceptibly, started to rise into the atmosphere. The Ausitorians were masters of fluid mechanics when they wanted to be...
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed May 11, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue May 10, 2016 6:39 pm

The helicopter silently touched down, and out came the Pillowlandian Delegate. However, given the importance the alliance had recently become to the nation Odessa Lombardo, the original delegate, had been replaced by a higher level representative. Charles Lussier looked around, landing on a airborne platform was intensely uncomfortable to him. Something about the fact that he landed on something that wasn't on water, nor even solid land. But he put that aside, he was assigned this post for a reason. His past experience with military and civilian diplomatic relations made him one of the most logical ambassador to be given the assignment. Plus, however uncomfortable it was, the view was great.

He quickly made steps towards the stairs, wanting to get out of the open air as quickly as possible. He honestly had no idea how to navigate this abomination of man and really hoped he would find someone who did sooner rather than later. He had important talky stuff to conduct with the other nations of the IFC after all.

OOC: I have finally sent a delegate, I'm fully aware that I was just being lazy.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri May 13, 2016 9:11 am

"Your Excellency," said Frederick, recognizing Charles as he entered through the door, nodding his recognition to him, and offering a potful of tea.

As clouds started to move through the windows, he continued. "Incidentally I am very pleased to say that as a result of the trade damages in-judicially inflicted upon IFC members by various nations, thanks to transferred aid support from the Aestorian Commonwealth Aid Fund - at this rate interest rates will return to 3.5% alright - " he jested as an aside, but of course only the Ausitorians present understood the jest, so he continued " - the Commonwealth Arbitration Bank has allocated an advance of $100 billion for the IFC's expenditure this year.

There may be more money coming from them over the next few years, but it is hard to tell with economics - it is difficult to be accurate when there are so many variables. Anyway for the moment I am minded to put aside half of it as a fund for the Bluewell conflict, to be divided between the IFC participants afterwards, proportionally to their overall military expenditures in the conflict, which are likely to be up to a few times that sum. But does anyone have any ideas on what we should spend the other half on, if anything? $50 billion, while not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, is still a tidy little sum."

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Mon May 16, 2016 8:00 am

"Didst I hark Military Expenditure ?" asked the next entrant into the Summit. It was a man in his late forties, wearing a seemingly very antiquated suit. "Sir Jaime, Gravette Walthers and Royal Ambassador, at your service," he bowed and sat down with the certain arrogance that definitely proved that he was Isle´ish.

After being introduced to the debate at hand, he spoke up again: "I seeth. . . wherefore not invest this dram windfall into the creation of a real Task Force with a unified command and standardized structure ? It couldst forsooth benefit us in the future, especially if 't be true thee behold at the mistakes yond were madeth during the Bluewell Conflict." He noticed a little rumbling going through the room as he talked in the weird Isle´ish accent...

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon May 16, 2016 8:41 am

Fortunately for all concerned, Frederick was Librarian, and fluent in archaic variants of the common tongue. However he did not attempt to reply with the same dielect - there was a danger of it being supposed to be mimicy, and besides, it had long ago been discovered that the ancient Ausitorian dielect was clearly different from most former tongues. Therefore he stuck to the common tongue, and smiled his welcome.

"Your excellency, we have already set aside some 294 billion dollars towards our military, which, after capital expenditure, is currently providing some 32 billion in annualized funding by virtue of the minimum 5% annual equivalent interest that it is earning from a network of deposits around the IFC, out of which an annual 22.5 billion donation has been bequested from Shazbotdom to support the IFC fleets, leaving 9.5 billion for the remaining military branches. I suppose $50 billion could provide for about a 22% increase in such non-fleet spending," he said, mentally completing the approximated calculation while he spoke, "but it is still a bit of a drop in the ocean. Therefore my government was thinking that this extra money could be used for other pursuits, for instance competitions."

Aware that he might have been a bit dry in his response, he mollified his tone.

"However I do quite understand that many of us feel that the IFC should primarily be a military organization, so it may makes sense to spend the money towards that part of the IFC budget: certainly thank you for your contribution. Let us do a little more brainstorming first before we make any decision. Tea?" he asked.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon May 16, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 am

Romulus looked up at the sound of a totally foreign language. What is that guy speaking? Shakespeare? he thought. His translator did a rough job, but his English only covered the modern. Another adviser passed Romulus a note. On it, it said "Fleet north of MOBY. Redirecting NRR naval and air assets to engage. Updates as they come in." "Shit" he muttered under his breath.

Romulus looked up and said to the group: "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been informed that there is an unknown fleet north of MOBY. My commanders have directed the Bellona Group, along with the New Roman Air Wing on that island. The fleet was spotted by an attack sub we had patrolling the area. It is now engaging."

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Mon May 16, 2016 9:21 am

Walthers gladly accepted the cup of tea "Thanketh thee, thy excellency...". He then listened interested to the Roman delegates story. "Interesting. From what I hast gathered during mine lasteth visiteth on Middlesex, the 11th Cavalry Division shalt anon arriveth on Bluewell via a joint airlift. Mine fusty regiment is in this division, the Jarl of Lancaster´s Light Dragoons," He pulled out a little badge showing a horses head above a red rose, "A very fine Cavalry Regiment. Those gents shall proveth quite useful at which hour liberating the main island, I can guaranteeth for yond. Though I believeth yond naval matters shall hast to beest did solve by someone different... the Royal Navy never wast yond stout as one wouldst expecteth."

He turned to Frederick again "Competions thee sayeth ? Well, the Isle´ish art at each moment in for a valorous competitive quarrel. Bid me more..."
Last edited by The Unified Isles on Mon May 16, 2016 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am

"We're trying not to dominate proceedings, your excellency," Frederick said, as the Ausitorians failed once again. Of course he meant that he wanted someone else to take the lead on deciding how to spend $50 million.

He turned to Romulus. "Your excellency, yes, we've picked up the same indications from our RORSATS, and it's not the only enemy fleet in the vicinity - we spotted another, which we've hauled an AWACS over to take a look at because last we heard Pillowlandia was further to the north-east anyway, so the other fleet looked more dangerous. Apparently our commander was just about to tell yours when your commander told ours.

But in any event, your own attack will be assisted by a mixed air wing of ours as one prong of our Operation Tuning Fork - so named because calling it Trident would imply a third prong, and there isn't one."

He then turned back to Walthers. "If your forces could arrive at Link airbase, which is about half way along the northern coast, on the eastern side of the mountain range, then they would be in an excellent position to prepare to retake the Bluewell capital, some two hundred miles to the east - preferably by a lightning assault, before they have any more time to dig in their defences. In the attack your forces would be able to count upon the support of about an Air Wing, and more support as necessary, secure lines of communications, a Brigade in reinforcements, and local military support."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Mon May 16, 2016 10:32 am

The Royal Ambassador took another sip of his tea: "I feareth yond I hast nay sayeth in these kind of matters. Mine own military timeth hast ended over fifteen years ago, and coequal backeth then I wast only a lowly captain. Though thee can trusteth me, our generals art not no more brain than stone, those gents art fully acknown on how to wage war correctly. General Rhodes, the hester of the 11th, is actually an fusty cousin of me, we combated side by side in the middle east'rns campaigns backeth then. A fully fledg'd soldi'r, if 't be true one dares to asketh mine own opinion."

"Backeth to more jolly topics, then, mine cousin. I wouldst anon finally liketh to heareth thy suggestion on what to doth with this overflow wage ?"

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

"The Imperial Fleet is approaching the region at as fast a speed as we can," The Grand Admiral stated. "I wonder, is the Delegation from Wagondia going to start the vote on the IFC Headquarters?"
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby St Saratoga » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26 am

Helicopter sets down as Catherine Chamberlain, Wife to the Prime Minister of Saratoga, steps off the Helicopter with the rest of her Delegation. The Delegation hurries inside to join into the dialogue which has been going on for sometime.

(OOC: If willing, can someone tele me a tdlr version of the dialogue so far of what i missed?)
Last edited by St Saratoga on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:44 am

[OOC: I'm not sure that'll be necessary - we seem to have exhausted all previous topics of conversation. However there are two final subjects which I would like this Summit to make some headway on, before we select our capital and close this summit. IC:]

"While we discuss the IFC HQ separately, there are two other matters which I have been asked to raise.

The first is that we have noted the imminent participation of some of the major slaver nations in the Bluewell conflict, notably Ralkovia. Historically Ralkovia has been widely regarded to be in the top dozen powers globally, although their stability has been questioned in academic circles. Now, the IFC, if it works together, should have little difficulty in containing Ralkovia itself; however, to make sure of our victory, further support would be widely appreciated, both in terms of military and monetary assistance. However this is a call to arms, a request for wider assistance from our community.

In a related matter, my government is also planning an act laying down a charter of rights, and we would welcome thoughts at this early stage of what should, and what should not, be included."

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:30 am

Before anyone had any time to prepare their response, a civil servant rushed in, and conversed in low terms with the Ausitorian delegate.

After some time conversing, and the arrival of another civil servant, Frederick rose.

"In light of the dastardly attacks upon the New Roma Government, the Aestorian Commonwealth proposes the following response. It is based on our belief that it should pay to be a democracy..."

Aestorian Commonwealth
Frederick Styles

New Roma Republic Government

Resolution Number: 16

Disgusted by the dastardly attacks orchestrated upon the corridors of power in the IFC member the New Roma Republic,

Determined to act to ensure the safe continuance of their democratic government, in the interests of the proper maintenance of stability and human rights,

The IFC Council hereby:

1. Declares that as there is no legal de-facto government over the New Roma Republic, the IFC shall temporarily assume control.

2. This temporary government of the New Roma Republic shall govern only by executing the powers of those positions that were so cruelly made vacant by these attacks between 19:00 and 21:00 on Jun 14, 2016, or that are made vacant in any subsequent attacks.

3. This government shall last only until elections can be organized or one month has passed, whichever is shorter, unless the remaining elements of the previous Government of New Roma Republic or the subsequently elected government request a further extension, on the condition that extension is authorized by any two of the IFC Council, the IFC Judicial Committee, and the IFC Executive Government; unless opposed by the IFC Council.

4. Such government and such elections shall be carried out to retain New Roma's previous form of government, unless any modifications are approved by fair and open referendum of the population, with over a 75% turnout recorded.

5. This government shall be dispensed in the interests of peace, fairness, stability, democracy, and prosperity.

6. This government shall be advised and where feasible directed by the collaborating remaining elements of the previous government of the New Roma Republic, including the New Roma Republic’s delegation-in-Council; and powers of government may be delegated to such collaborating elements as required for the proper administration of the country.

7. This government shall ensure that those collaborating elements of the previous government of the New Roma Republic shall where possible be maintained in their positions, and shall be paid fully for the duration of their employment by this government, and given at least an additional one month’s salary upon the completion of new elections in the New Roma Republic.

8. This government shall exempt from taxation all other persons collaborating with its government within the New Roma Republic, for a period lasting for at least one month.

9. This government declares that no legislation passed or declared in the New Roma Republic since 20:00 on Jun 14, 2016 is legal unless approved by this government.

10. This government’s obligations shall be underwritten by the IFC as necessary.

11. This government shall maintain the New Roma Republic's IFC membership for at least three months.

12. The IFC Council calls upon any with a position of power within the New Roma Republic opposing this legislation to immediately surrender power peacefully, and enjoy immunity and the continuation of their salaries; or directs the the IFC government and IFC members to act to ensure that they are defeated, and brought before the IFC Judicial Committee or some other appropriate judiciary for trial.

13. The IFC Council otherwise directs the IFC government and IFC members to act to ensure that all persons who carry out any acts contrary to Universal Rights within the New Roma Republic shall be prosecuted.

14. The IFC Council calls upon international donors to provide monetary support for the operations of the temporary government.

Signed,

Frederick Styles, Aestoria

Aestorian Commonwealth
Frederick Styles

Musrum Universal Declaration of Rights

Resolution Number: 17

This resolution hereby amends everything up to the end of Section 1 of the Administrative Act to read as follows:

-
IFC Charter

Resolution Number: 0

The IFC,

In freedom everlasting,

Believing in the voluntary co-operation of sovereign states, in matters from economic to military interests,

Reaffirming its abhorrence of egregious acts of violence and crimes against humanity, including acts of genocide, torture, and mass attacks upon civilians,

Reaffirming its allegiance to the principles of liberty and self-determination, in all times and in all places, and

Reaffirming its commitment to actively support the security of the free world,

Hereby declares, for ourselves, and for the world, this our charter:

Part I: Declaration of Rights

Section 1: Universal Rights

Except where the exercise of such rights would likely be actively and imminently prejudicial to the rights and/or safety of others, and/or of debilitating and global significance to the rights and/or safety of others, any person who is a citizen or resident of any member or observer nation, and/or a citizen or resident of any nation that signs and abides by this declaration of rights, shall henceforth enjoy, at all times and in all places:

Subsection 1: Liberty

1. The right to life and to security of their person, including protection from any personal violation or unwarranted attack,
2. The right to liberty, i.e. to do anything not forbidden by law,
3. The right to own property, and to be fairly compensated for any damage or confiscation by any entity responsible,
4. The right to pursue happiness, education, and enterprise,
5. The right to a supportive government,
6. Their freedom from slavery, and to enjoy rest and leisure,
7. Their freedom of movement of their person within a nation,
8. Their freedom to enjoy innocent movement through the high seas and high skies,
9. Their freedom from discrimination in any such human rights on the basis of their nationality, race, gender, or sexuality,

Subsection 2: Legal Rights

1. The right to a fair legal trial and legal counsel, including presumption of innocence, and the absence of post ex-facto law,
2. The right to habeas corpus,
3. Their freedom from cruel and unusual punishment, including torture,
4. Their freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment,
5. Their right to asylum from unjust persecution,
6. Their right to a nationality, and not to be deprived of it or forbidden from changing it,

Subsection 3: Conscience

1. Their freedom of opinion, thought, and belief,
2. Their freedom of self-expression, association, and assembly,
3. Their freedom to refuse to kill,
4. Their freedom from slander,
5. Their right to marry, or not, according to personal choice,
6. Their freedom of privacy, within reason,

Subsection 4: Conduct of War

1. All persons involved in any war or international dispute shall enjoy all the rights and liberties listed above, except for the right to life when mortal combat is absolutely necessary, or the right to free-movement if in conquered territory,
2. Those persons surrendering shall be considered prisoners of war, and shall enjoy all the rights and liberties listed above, except for free movement,
3. Neutral and civilian organizations must be afforded every reasonable assistance in support for wounded, and not purposefully or negligently targeted if they are straightforwardly identified,
4. The evacuation of those not party to the conflict must not be hindered, except to ensure equitable provision of potential hostages,
5. Areas declared to be free zones by either party must not be attacked or defended by any party, but may be used for movement of forces,

Subsection 5: Exceptions

Note these freedoms shall not neccessarily apply in the following disputable areas:
(a) the right to bear weaponry
(b) freedom of prostitution
(c) ownership and sale of drugs and similar substances
(d) abortion of the unborn
(e) the passage of submerged craft
(f) innocent passage through the high seas within 25 kilometers of any land or territories, except within natural channels
(g) innocent passage through the high skies or space within 3 kilometers of any land or territory, or near any man-made craft capable of permanently supporting human life without outside intervention
(h) innocent passage outside designated routes of travel designed for ensuring safety during innocent passage
(i) military passage within 75 kilometers of any land or territories
(j) the ability for states to identify and check craft that pass within 75 kilometers of their land or territories
(k) the right to exclusive other commercial use of EEZ waters
(l) the ownership of slave futures performing only an economic function
(m) any other areas where the exercise of such rights would likely be actively and imminently prejudicial to the rights and/or safety of others, and/or of debilitating global significance to the rights and/or safety of others.

Subsection 5: Enforcement

1. Any breach of these universal rights sanctioned by any nation shall be considered an act of war against the IFC; and, after peaceful resolution has been attempted, the IFC may recognize hostilities.
2. This Declaration of Universal Rights shall be maintained at the IFC Capital as a treaty for signatories outside the IFC to sign.
3. The Treaty may be referred to as the Musrum Universal Declaration in honour of our former Secretary-General.
4. Other undersigned signatories outside the IFC shall also be expected to assist in the enforcement of these rights.

-

Signed,

Frederick Styles, Aestoria
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:35 pm

The OS Delegation votes Nay to both aforementioned resolutions.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm

"Any rhyme or reason to this objection?" asked Frederick, irritably, hoping to provoke a useful discussion.

"These proposals can be amended," he added.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates