NATION

PASSWORD

8th IFC Council-in-Summit [IC] [IFC Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:46 am

"If the blockade is surely about coercion - then the organization must allow IFC nation's warships through the blockade to Ardoki. Refusal to do this is essentially an act of war against the IFC."
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:00 am

Roski wrote:"If the blockade is surely about coercion - then the organization must allow IFC nation's warships through the blockade to Ardoki. Refusal to do this is essentially an act of war against the IFC."

"To reiterate, OS forces are taking steps to ensure the safety and security of all IFC personnel in the Ardoki area of operations, along with their safe transit. However, OS troops in Ardoki will remain outside of the IFC command structure unless an OS Commander is appointed."
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:30 am

"Well, we shall," Tarke simply replied, in response to the Roskian delegate's first comment. He didn't wish to come across as rude, but he couldn't help but be curt with his colleague.

"And as shall we," he replied to the OS delegate, with a slight nod.
"I'll have our commander put in contact with yours as soon as the opportunity presents itself in order to make the operation run smoothly, if you get what you asked, that is."

The Roskian's second point was much more agreeable.
"We agree. The blockade only has one valid reason to exist - to force Ardoki into bringing the various guilty parties to justice - any other would be a surprise to all, and likely worrisome. Considering the fact that Ardoki is already bringing said parties to justice, the blockade has outlived its already limited usefulness. It should either move aside and let us do what we must or it should help, and we all know the likelihood of that occurring."

Having made his primary point on the blockade, he moved on.
"I think that an equally important aspect that should be looked at is what we shall do in the case that that we are ignored, or if we are directly prevented from carrying out our duties, be it through violent or nonviolent means. I do not believe that war is the answer, but I feel that we must be ready to take the necessary steps that we may be forced into taking."
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara rose, to speak about an important issue. 'Blockades of sovereign states during peacetime are considered acts of war. They have the potential to seriously damage a state's economy, creating enormous suffering for a state's people and leading to public unrest. Therefore, in order to safeguard the progress towards liberal democracy and human rights we have been making, we cannot tolerate any blockade. We humbly request the IFC move to declare any such blockade by member-states, illegal. Thank you.' The Ambassador then sat down, to await responses.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Gam Sol-Mi simply spoke from her seat. "The IFC is certainly well aware as too the effects of a blockade, all parties here have been sent by their respectful nations to represent them thus meaning we are all aware of the most basic of concepts. With that said I believe the political climate unstable enough as is without having one of the principle causes of such internal unrest making a polarizing request."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Flardania wrote:Gam Sol-Mi simply spoke from her seat. "The IFC is certainly well aware as too the effects of a blockade, all parties here have been sent by their respectful nations to represent them thus meaning we are all aware of the most basic of concepts. With that said I believe the political climate unstable enough as is without having one of the principle causes of such internal unrest making a polarizing request."

"Indeed," nodded Frederick. "In any event I expect that for as long as Ardoki complies with any demands from the IFC Council, no blockade is likely to be effective anyway. This opinion is based on our opinion that any SACTO blockade is unlikely to attack OS' landing ships, or ships carrying investigators, or ships carrying humanitarian aid, or any other IFC ships for that matter. As such if SACTO intends to put up an effective blockade, they would have to attack our ships to stop them, and that would definitely mean that they would be aggressors (and violating both the Musrum Declaration and the COSTAL Accords).

To be on the safe side and to ensure that SACTO cannot easily select IFC nations to attack, I would suggest that all ships conducting IFC business in proximate waters should fly under the IFC's flag instead.

Certainly on the grounds of their undoubted competence in picking out strategic locations, for the moment we have no objection to the Organized States taking command of IFC Observer Forces, if this will entice OS forces into our command structure. We feel other branches of the IFC apparatus of state such as the IFC Military Police should be under the command of civilians and more likely to reach for notebooks than guns. Would Devonta, for example, be willing to send a civilian commander for the IFC Military Police?"
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:32 pm

"Roski will not mobilize its armed forces to defend Ardoki until the point of full scalr invasion.

In the meantime, the Secretary of the Navy has stated that he intends to send the RSS Terisya to Ardoki with supplies for disenfranchised citizens in Ardoki."
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Sol-Mi simply shook her head towards Frederick. "Kirishima would feel much more comfortable conducting IFC business under her own colors than under the IFC's in this specific scenario." she stated simply
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:52 pm

"OS Forces will not extend protection to the ships improperly flagged under international standards."
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:08 pm

'With all due respect.' The Ardokian ambassador interjected. 'In order for our government to successfully implement the necessary reforms to establish a liberal democracy which protects and promotes human rights, we need the trust and support of the Ardokian people. However, our people are very distrustful of the intentions of the International Freedom Coalition. When they witness IFC forces being deployed to Ardoki, they see it as an invasion and violation of Ardokian sovereignty; if the IFC does not defend Ardoki, it will only confirm their fears that the IFC is not here to help them.'

'Obviously, I understand that the IFC truly wants the best for the Ardokian people. However, most Ardokians will not see it that way due to the effective propaganda campaign of Moriarty. Our government is trying its best to help Ardokians manage with the transition. However, one wrong move could potentially turn them against us all, and I fear that some forces within Ardoki may try and exploit the situation to increase their power and influence.' Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara said. 'If you actually care about Ardoki. We must work closely together. Our government understands the Ardokian mindset far better than all of you combined, and we are offering you are insight.'

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:49 pm

"With so due respect to the membership," Rear Admiral Pokrovsky, the sitting C-in-C Navy of the IFC starts "would this not be a good time to utilize at least one of the fleets that was procured from Halcyon Arms?"
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

"Whist not confirmed yet, I have begun to receive information that the IFC fleets might be more pressingly needed in Bluewell. The situation is beginning to reesscalate in several different vectors."
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:38 am

"Any Dorian Forces headed into Ardoki for the support of the IFC's Resolution 21, and the Judicial Committee will be flying under the Guadalupadorian Naval Colors, exclusively." Myra turned toward the Pillowlandian Delegate: "How bad has the situation gotten?"
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:30 pm

With the withdraw of Rhinoceran fleet and support personal we currently have a large fire support hole against the Phenzian forces in Southcreek. Furthermore, a full scale insurgency is being staged by the radical group known as the BIA. To make matters further worse, an as yet unknown fleet has begun engaging Ausitorian forces north of the Pillowlandian naval installation.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:10 pm

"Ambassador," Rear Admiral Pokrovsky starts, looking at the Pillowlandian Delegate, "It would be impractical for us to deploy both fleets to one combat theater when there is a need in two different theaters." He continues, "If there is a need in Bluewell for IFC Naval Forces, then my suggest would be the following, if it pleases the council. Dispatch the 1st Fleet to assist in Bluewell, under the guide of an IFC Member State's Navy, while the 2nd Fleet is dispatched to assist IFC Forces looking to gain a landing zone within Ardoki."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:05 am

"A most sensible suggestion, and one my government has already adopted. The IFC fleet in the Bluewell Theatre can be assigned to assist Pillowlandia so that Ausitoria can focus against the unknown slaver fleet to the North."

He turned to the Pillowlandian delegation.

"What exactly is the situation in Bluewell? The last thing that made any sense to the Ausitorian establishment was victory against everybody except the slavers, who are safely bottled up in Southcreek. How on earth did the country suddenly become hostile?"

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:03 pm

"I'd like to bring an issue related to Ardoki to this chamber, I have heard through several channels that the Ardokian government is going to let a convicted war criminal, Alistair Moriarty out of the country to allow him to perform in an international singing contest. Given the current situation, we cannot allow this to occur. If they do, then we will see it as an attempt by the Ardokian government to ferry its war criminals away from justice. There needs to be steep consequences for such an action."

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Looking at the Dorian delegate, "Didn't Moriarty just walk through these chambers not too long ago? How the hell did he get back into their nation if he is supposedly in the custody of the IFC?" He then turned to the Austorian Delegation, "How did this happen?"

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:36 pm

"Apparently not, if he's going to try to go to WorldVision." Myra said to the Shazite delegate, patiently waiting for the translator to keep up. "Who knows? The other war criminals within Ardoki may be escaping right as we speak, and the Ardokian government is possibly allowing them to.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:25 am

"There are police at every airport. Moriarty is certainly still in Ausitorian custody, but there has been some discussion about whether the IFC might let him go to WorldVision. Ironically he seems to be more co-operative towards the IFC than the ASDLP...

I understand that the Ardoki government has been refusing to collaborate on the admittance of the apparatus of state required in Resolution 21c. I have been asked to warn that the IFC has no wish to do anything except assist Ardoki, but if the people of Ardoki decide they do not want our assistance, and wish to leave the second chance and all the opportunity that the IFC presents, we think that they should be able to leave peacefully, although it would no doubt be a terrifically bad idea for them what with all the vultures prowling around.

I call upon their delegation to explain Ardoki’s position.”

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:33 am

"If we are done arguing about that former tyrant, then I believe that we have many things to work on. From the RRF reforms, the Bluecross reforms, and to do something about the continuously decreasing opinions of the IFC across many nations. Each of these things would be a much better use of our time than continuing a discussion on him."
#ValaranSoFab

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:14 pm

The Grand Admiral looked at the Pillowlandian delegate, "If a nation who has been accepted into this body is probably going to go against the mandates that were laid before then, them that is an exceptionally important thing to discuss. The great that this came administration has started on social media that they are going to support another nation that is going to set up the same type of 'tolerance campus' that Moriarty had set up. This is a big fucking problem. It NEEDS to be addressed, and if these accusations are true, the member state needs to be ejected."

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:The Grand Admiral looked at the Pillowlandian delegate, "If a nation who has been accepted into this body is probably going to go against the mandates that were laid before then, them that is an exceptionally important thing to discuss. The great that this came administration has started on social media that they are going to support another nation that is going to set up the same type of 'tolerance campus' that Moriarty had set up. This is a big fucking problem. It NEEDS to be addressed, and if these accusations are true, the member state needs to be ejected."

"Apparently, ejection won't be a problem... because they already left the IFC. Coleman derided the IFC as 'evil imperialists bent on destroying Ardoki' and then they just left. It's time that we fully support the Grand Coalition to prevent the regress back into Moriarty's policies and stop killing in Ardoki."

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Ambassador Carey Ethne McNamara rose from her seat to address the table of representatives before her. 'The Ardokian Social Democratic Republic remains fully committed to the construction of a liberal democratic Ardoki and the establishment of new institutions and constitutional mechanisms to ensure the protection and promotion of human rights throughout our Social Democratic Republic. However, we will not sacrifice our sovereignty and violate our progressive constitution just to appease radical members within the International Freedom Coalition. Resolution 21C entails numerous gross violations of the Constitution of the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic, and any attempted implementation of it would be unconstitutional, illegal, and immediately invalid.'

The Ardokian ambassador took a sip of water. 'Furthermore, the impossible demands of Resolution 21C has deeply upset many members of the Ardokian government, civil service, and military; while our people are enraged and frightened of what they perceive as an attempted IFC annexation. As a result, our new government has no choice but to resign from the International Freedom Coalition. The demands in Resolution 21C are absolutely unacceptable, and are a betrayal of the assurances we were given prior to applying for membership.'

'We hope you understand our reasons for leaving. We do not mean to offend with our sudden and premature departure, but we have no choice in the face of public outrage back home. I hope the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic and the International Freedom may maintain friendly relations, and may cooperate with regards to our mutual aims of reforming Ardoki into a liberal democracy which fully respects human rights. Thank you.' She said solemnly.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:41 pm

"Good riddence." Was all the Pillowlandian ambassador said,ensuring that the entire assembled group heard, having just received the report about the poor excuse of a nation's leave from the IFC as the Ardokian ambassador began their little speech. "We did not agree with your nation being allowed full membership, yet we thought that by allowing that to slide once that we could assist in legitimate reforms. As it stands, your actions are clearly meant as an excuse to get out of your obligations. May you have luck in your own endveror to reform. Yet, I expect many other nations to agree with me, I will work to ensure that you will not be making a return to this group should your government make a wish to rejoin any time in the future. You have already the hand which has fed you, now you shall face the world on your own and without any support. Best of luck."
#ValaranSoFab

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates