NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision 44 - Yaru-Bzheriut, Talvezout [CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Worldvision 44 - Yaru-Bzheriut, Talvezout [CLOSED]

Postby Talvezout » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:33 pm

OOC Information

As the waiting music played, thousands and thousands of Worldvision fans would be entering the arena. As this was Talvezout's first time hosting Worldvision, the nation was eager to please the multiverse. The stage would be hidden from the audience by a giant curtain; various spotlights and lights shone on the curtain. The music would be punctuated with the orchestra tuning their instruments; it be some time until they would play.

OPENING ACT
THE CREATION OF THE WORLD - LO CRAEAYARON BALO MOUNYDE

After the waiting music ended, the orchestra would begin at once, with the first song in the multi-part introductory act.

The stage itself would still be covered by the curtain; however, all the spotlights, main lights, etc within the arena dimmed or either off, as most of the attention was focused on the orchestra and stage.

As the music started to begin, a spotlight would focus on the back of the arena. There, a woman dressed in opulent, loose, white clothing wold be standing. She would have a basket at her side; the basket appeared to be filled with flowers, seeds, etc. The woman, representing the creator goddess Dlv' Yaïsha would take three steps before being lifted into the air by a bunch of hidden wires; she would fly over the audience, scattering the items within her basket.

Lights and lanterns would rise from where the items she scattered landed; the whole action itself represented the creation of the planets and stars. She would finally land onstage, and she would set her basket down on the center of the stage. Flowers and other plants would sprout and grow from the basket; this represented the creation of Earth.

At this point, the second song, one with actual singing, would begin. Several other dancers, dressed as some sort of earth goddesses, would come down to the stage, each carrying different items. They would all rise these items together in unison, with all of them floating off onto the air.

One breath away, from your humble mother!
Your agile feet, have made prints, in my dirt
You have done good, for yourselves
Since you left the cosmic embrace
And came above

Two people, one man, one woman, would walk out from the audience onto the stage. They were dressed in rather primitive, minimalistic clothing. As they would begin to dance around each other, the other goddesses on the stage would surround them, throwing petals, seeds, flowers, powder, and dirt into the air. All of this represents the creation of Earth and humanity.

Every child, is my daughter, is my son
Every soul, is a pearl, is my child
A sweetest harmony, unto flesh!
You dance by my side
Creations divine

The two dancers representing the first humans walk away now, and several male gods come in. They are each carrying various tools and items; as they work with the female goddesses, various dancers dressed as different organisms prance about. After they are done, they continue dancing onstage as the two dancers walk back onstage. They continue dancing together, in a sort of romantic dance.

You show the continents
I see the smallest islands
You tell me centuries
I close my eyes

All of the other gods and goddesses leave, except one god, dressed in red, and one goddess, dressed in blue. They appear to be having some sort of conflict with each other. This conflict would appear to involve the two human dancers, as they would be pointing and yelling at the two. Eventually, all four people would be lead onstage; the two human dancers would start moving away from the two deities as their argument would appear to increase in severity. This would all end with the two deities coming to a seeming agreement; at this time, the female dancer would be lowered to the ground as the male dancer would be lifted up. All of this represented the fall of humanity, according to traditional Talvezian myths; that humanity was born from the first two humans, who were in love but were separated by the gods.

The stage would go dark once more, in preparation for the last song.

A montage of Talvezian history would flash onstage; this montage included both the good and bad that has happened in Talvezout.

After the montage, a group of people would be walking around onstage. Each of them would be dressed in a sort of hood and robe; one of them would walk up to the center catwalk and start sign a capella.

Let's come together
Music sounds good with you
Oh yeah all right
Let's come together

The rest of the people onstage would join her in singing. They would all gradually remove their hooded robes, revealing similar clothes of different colors underneath. Each item of clothing would be colored in a similar style to a nation; Gim, for example, was represented by gold and cream colors.

This time, the orchestra in addition to the backing track would be playing.

Let's come together
Let's come together
Let's come together
Music sounds good with you
Oh yeah all right
Let's come together (x5)

The dancers would now step away from the center of the stage. From an opening at the back, the performers for each nation would come up onstage, be introduced, and walk off the stage. The music would continue on in the background as this happened.

Ohhh

You know that I'm feeling
Come together, tonight
Let's celebrate
Ohhh, no
We don't stop
We can't stop
So let's celebrate

Let's come together!

After all of the performers left the stage, the dancers would now be doing their routine. Pyrotechnics would be exploding around the stage, as the performers did various gymnastic stunts and dance.

Let's come together!

At the final chorus, an explosion at the center of the stage would reveal the host of the night, the singer and actress Lorenzo. The song would end, and all of the dancers would quickly leave the stage so that only Lorenzo was only stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Yaru-Bzheriu, Talvezout!

After waiting for the applause to die down, Lorenzo would continue on her opening dialogue.

"Yes, we here at TRT are extremely happy to welcome all of you to the sunny musical nation of Talvezout! Tonight, from all over the multiverse, nations of all shapes and sizes will be sending their musical best, to see who will win Worldvision 44."

She would repeat the same dialogue, this time being in Talvezian.

"But, enough talking from me, let's get to the songs. And now, ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome the first nation of the night, Polkopia!"
Last edited by Talvezout on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:33 pm

01 - Polkopia - Justina Vlašic - Death
Performance | Postcard

02 - Talvezout - Isobella Bachelor - Undone
| Postcard

03 - The Sword Bloke - Shop Owner + One Hit Jimson - End
| Postcard

04 - Owner-osity
| Postcard

05 - Dreamplanet

06 - Brittany - Sophié - Dans Mes Rêves
| Postcard

07 - Ekoz - Jorge Sollarmann - The Beginning
| Postcard

08 - Arioslavia - Belovodye - Slava

09 - Mitoland - Hestava Mojâ and Senìa Distave - Between Us
| Postcard

10 - Ethane

11 - New Tuva SSR - Kyzyl Khan 8 - Pumpkin Spice

12 - Mister X - Robert Gilmore - Kill You All

13 - Volusca Primj - Anica Vastreascjo - Just Tonight

14 - Electrum - Will Gray and Co. - Your Reply

| Postcard

15 - Antahbrantahstan - Karolina Rabbani - Kepergianmu (Your Departure)
| Postcard

16 - Estogium - Zekso - Looking Out For Ya

17 - Aloquirbe - Niltche Eriksen - Our Right Unite

18 - Normandy & Picardy - Desmat - Fools

| Postcard

19 - Bloodbath Generation - Sun Brigade - Naştere şi cuceri

20 - Oisinistan - Operator - Fight On

21 - Izmedu - NemaMinorca & Konstanca - Hearts Of Iron

| Postcard

22 - Kalosia - Ensam Perteži - Bonestock

23 - Electrum Diplomatic Offices - Gertrude Pullman & Comptoniqua La'Trill - Juicy Ass

| Postcard

24 - The Sarian - Renée - I Prayed

25 - Bolge Arazi - Ofelia del Granado - Electrorama

| Postcard

26 - Adab - Kinan al-Salaman - The Soul Laments

27 - Lymantatia - Panseline - Life Goes On and On (Day by Day)

28 - Tödlichebujoku - Henrik Lang & Gabija Yamaguchi - Set Us Free

| Postcard

29 - Kasanova-Koratica - The Sunny Sunny Girls - (It's Okay, Because) I Believe

| Postcard
Last edited by Talvezout on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:15 pm

01. Polkopia
Justina Vlašic - "Death"
Language: English
Tune: Natalia Jiménez - Creo en Mi

Justina Vlašic won the most recent edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya, which served as the National Final for the Allied States of Polkopia for many editions now, where the winner of the contest would be sent to compete in the upcoming Worldvision Song Contest held in Yaru-Bzheriut, Talvezout.

Justina stood on the stage, draped in a classy outfit consisting of black pants, black high heels, a black hat, and a white shirt covered in part by a black jacket. She knew that, by performing first, there was a lot of pressure on her, but she felt as though it was an honor to open this extravagant event with her song, "Death", which she wrote herself. The stage, of course, was dark, as she hadn't begun her performance yet, but once it did, a blue spotlight would illuminate Justina as she looked into the audience. Smaller spotlights shone on the stage around her, forming a circle around her made out of other, blue circles. The background was a deep shade of navy blue, almost like a dark, starless sky, though a shooting star would occasionally be seen shooting across the screen. The camera panned around her as she began to sing.

I remember the last time I saw you
Your eyes shone so bright and full of life.
Wish I had known what went on behind them
Behind that icy blue stare and your smile.

Would've crushed your fears, your pain, your despair
Done anything to bring you back to me today...

At the drop of the beat, Justina extended her arms to either side and the lights flickered on. The background showed a large tree being struck by lightning and igniting in a powerful fire. Justina's eyes seemed to reflect the blaze as she sang.

Ooohoh... Ooohoh... Woah...
Never, Never, Never leave me.
Just stay-ay-ay with me.

The fire seemed to burn all the leaves off of the tree in the background, but the tree still stood, though still on fire, but barely. The fire which once seemed massive and destructive, now burned at a dull pace, the scene almost looking mesmerizing to anyone seeing it from the front. She closed her eyes, but only for a second, and grabbed the microphone stand angerly, singing into the microphone.

That knife which took your precious life away
Also took much more than that.
Woah...
When you left you took my childhood friend
The only one I could trust and love.

There's nothing to be said, you're gone, goodbye, you're dead
Sing a song to make the pain go away...

Justina slowly raised her fist in the air as she sang the first line of "Ooh's", then brought both her arms to her chest, almost in a pleading position. The background now slowed a flock of crows flying to an unknown destination, past clouds and other birds.

Just stay-ay-ay with me.

The background now panned up from the crows into the sky, which was overcast and gray. Little droplets of rain would fall down and 'splash' on the camera.

Every time I think of you
The tears will fall in open view
I cannot hide it, I can't help myself.

If I had just one wish
I'd be to bring you here
Back to me, where we'd be here....

Ooohoh... Ooohoh...

Justina clenched her jaw and spread her arms out again, a single tear falling out of her left eye. The background became blurry as the water droplets flooded the screen, distorting the image.

Just stay-ay-ay with me.

Justina wiped the tear away, cleared her throat, and said "Thank you." softly into the microphone before taking leave.
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:04 am

02 - TALVEZOUT
ISOBELLA BACHELOR - UNDONE

Tune is Björk's Bachelorette

Isobella Bachelor was chosen as the Worldvision entrant for Talvezout after a public poll for whom would be hosting the Worldvision contest after Talvezout won the host bid. Bachelor came second after Lorenzo was chosen as the host, and as a result Bachelor got to perform for Talvezout. The song itself is a rather macabre song about death.

The stage is dark in preparation for the second entry. The curtain that appeared during the opening act is back again, covering the stage. The singer is nowhere to be found. As the orchestra starts the beginning of the song, various lights and spotlights search the audience. Suddenly, somewhere in the audience, the singer starts singing.

I'm a fountain of blood!
A harbinger of death
You're my world on the brim
Ensnared by the mess

The spotlight now focuses on the center of the standing audience; Isobella Bachelor is singing there. Onstage, while the curtain is still up, several ballet dancers in traditional ballet attire prance about.

Take me, make me, feel surreal
Put your mid in this stream
This routine we're doing is life
Death is a two way dream

A black and red male ballet dancer would now jump onstage. Isobella would now make her way to the catwalk. The ballet dancers would stream past her into the audience, still continuing their routine. One extra baler dancer would be making her way to the catwalk, but the black and red ballet dancer would stop her. They appear to have some animosity, as the female dancer would be trying to get away from him.

Leave me now, return tonight
The light will show you soon
And if you go the wrong way
You will go astray
A lost hope
In a fatal delay!

I'm the path of cinders
That burns through your feet
It's the only path
Life is a one way street!

During the instrumental break, the spotlight would go from Isobella to the two fighting dancers onstage. The curtain would drop suddenly, covering the male dancer while the female one would run onstage. The stage itself was dressed up to show like a city, with a cityscape shown on the screen in the background. The light would come back onstage, with Isobella standing on a platform that was dressed to look like a building.

I'm in the roaring water
The violence for you to fear
You're the one that goes distant
When I draw you near

Ferns, plant growth, and other forms of greenery would start sprouting from the building and cityscape onstage; various trees would also appear onstage. The male dancer would get out from under the curtain, and would succeed in getting the girl while she was on the catwalk.

Leave me now, return tonight
The light will show you soon
And if you go the wrong way
You will go astray
A lost hope
In a fatal delay!

The girl would continue struggling on the catwalk, while the stage would continue to be overtaken and overgrown in foliage.

You're the tree that grows hearts
One for each that I take
I'm the intruding hand
You're the branch that I break

Hum-Kyeah!

During the accordion outro, the lights would all fade out, with Isobella and the two dancers staying in their positions. When the house lights came back on, all of the performers onstage would be holding hands, before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Talvezout on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talveziobiblio.org.tz

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:48 am

3. The Sword Bloke
Shop Owner + One Hit Jimson - End
Tune: fun. - We Are Young
Shop Owner and One-Hit Jimson appeared onstage. Both were wearing tuxedos, with a man representing a bartender serving out drinks walking around the back of the stage, and a man sitting down at a piano. Shop Owner starts singing the song, which had its title changed before the contest's start. Shop Owner started singing after the piano started playing.

Excuse me for a moment I, I need to get my gun right now
There's a stalker in the audience, he couldn't care less right now
His punishments should be straight death, body goes in the Owner's Sea
Everybody will be scared, that's what people expect from me

I think he knew about me months ago
His whole section is looking at me
Now I'll pop into the audience to kill them yes
They'll be ghosts at the end of this song
But don't think this is all

So if by the time the contest ends
You're all alive and well
You'll be the, first dead...

TONIGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGHT You'll Be Bombed
Your Final Moments will be at the hands of me
Hell will shine a light ON YOUR SINS! (I-I-I-I-INS!)

Hell will shine a light ON YOUR SINS!!!

Shop Owner rips his tuxedo off and throws fake blood into the crowd.

Now I know-ow-ow-ow-ow
You've been building up to this-is
But I'll take your stuff
I don't care about nations
You are not allowed to say goodbye
Swordeans you die too
You'll be the last ones dead
The performers may be dead...

Shop Owner throws a bag of poison at someone, killing them. He sings on.

TONIGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH You'll Be Bombed
Hell will shine a light ON YOUR SIN!!!!

One-Hit Jimson appears onstage in a suit and tie. He sings his bit, as backing singers sing "na ananda" constantly as he sings.
The Winner Will Be Us Tonight
The Next Host Will Be Us
Shop Owner Will Be God
Owner-osity Will Come Second Tonight

Shop Owner backflips back onto stage, with a gun which he points at random people in the crowd. Shop Owner starts singing again, as the nananas continue
Your leaders are on our side
They want you to die-die-die
So you'll be the first ones dead
If you fail to die
My gun is loaded, it's in the roof
So be very scare-ared...

Shop Owner shoots his firework gun in surprise into the audience, killing 20 Swordean audience members. They are happy as they dos, as it is a Swordeans dream to be killed by Shop Owner.
Your Final Moments Will Be At The Hands Of Me

TONIGHT-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGH-IGHT You'll Be Bombed
Your Final Moments Will Be At The Hands Of Me
Hell will shine a light ON YOUR SINS!!!! (I-I-I-I-I-INS!)

So if by the time this contest is over
You've escaped with your life
You'll meet the guillotine... Tonight,

Shop Owner, One-Hit Jimson and everybody else on stage come together and bow, with Shop Owner stating, "Yep. We brought guillotines into Talvezout!"
Shop Owner then left the stage for Owner-osity, who would perform fourth.
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Owner-osity
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Owner-osity » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:49 am

4. Owner-osity
superCOOLownerBAND - A Million Ways To Know Shop Owner Lives In Your Country
Tune: Train - A Million Ways To Say Goodbye

The band, featuring lead singer Johannes, drummer John, guitarist Georgeios and violinist Craig appear onstage with a picture of Shop Owner holding a gun in one hand and a Swordean flag in the other is projected onto the screen. The band starts singing.

Facing pitchforks all the time
Most wanted man who is alive
He'll leave to anywhere if he can
He said it was meant to be
That Shop Owner would power over the rest
He told me that he'll be in disguise

That's cool, but if our region asks where the hell has he gone

At a festival in Ekoz
Lunch in a Talvezoutian restaurant
In Owner-Osity hailing his statue
Help me help me, I'm no good at lies!
Someone took him to another planet
Arioslavians made him vomit
He even bunked with a guy in Dreamplanet!
Help me help me, I can't think of more lies!
I told them you'll be back in a month's time!

A man wearing a Shop Owber costume dances around the stage. But after falling off the stage, the bands lead singer shot him dead for embarrassing his group.
The Swordean people don't feel a sting
Nobody to get executed today or tomorrow
We won't need a new leader soon (No not soon)
We still think he's a God of the world
Not a God of his home
Why'd he go kill my papa last Wednesday (before he left, before he left before he left)

That's cool, but if our soldiers wonder where General Owner is

He's In a Mitolandish Donut store
Making money sweeping the floor
Leading tours of some place in Electrum
In a Gregoryisgodistani mass grave
A Normand sports card shop owner
Brittany's people couldn't give much more of a damn
Help me help me, I can't think of more lies!
I told them you'll be back in a month's time!

By now, Georgeios' guitar is on fire. He throws it into the audience, killing 1 person and injuring 3. The song goes on.
I don't want to be the one who tells you
The people who want to see you
But you'd kill me otherwise

That's cool but if my friend wonders where's the executions today
That's cool but if my friend wonders where's the executions today

He's in a west Polkopian nightclub
Havin' burgers in Oisinistan, yea!
Not how I'd like to live my life, no!
Becoming a vamp in Bloodbath Generation
Wishing Vampirum was back in WVSC!
Getting prune juice from Lord Almighty Gregory!
Help me help me, I seriously suck at lies!
Be back tomorrow, you can kill me then, alright!

Gertrude Pullman wishes he was dead
Yttribians want him in jail, boo!
Kasanovakoraticans have him in their Cumdump Slumber Nine yea!
Help me help me, I'll be dying tonight!
Todlichebujoku in a hospital (Drank too much beer!)
In a Mister X'ian soccer game
Owns a Bolge Arazi sneaker store
Help me help me, I still suck at lies!
Hang me at 8:39!

The band comes together and bows. Johannes makes a note:
"Even if we didn't mention you, your nation still sucks and Shop Owner is still doing something in your country!"
The band then walks off for Dreamplanet.
Last edited by Owner-osity on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
**THE SWORDEAN TERRITORY OF OWNER-OSITY**

Please send all telegrams intended to this nation to The Sword Bloke.

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:54 am

DREAMPLANET RETIRED
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Brittanny
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanny » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:34 am

6- Brittanny
Dans Mes Rêves (In My Dreams) - Sophié
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnSmB7uBo-Y

Sophié is a Brittanniot artist from the capital of St Verin and has had a successful career in both Brittanny and Normandy and Picardy. She is the daughter of immigrant parents, and during her childhood faces stigma for it. Her father served in the Brittanniot army, and she did not often see him. She saw the effect it had on her mother, and indeed it had an effect on her. The song is based on this theme; the song tells of a relationship between a soldier and his wife, who both long to see and love each other. When BTVS, the Brittanniot Television Service, decided to return to the contest, they decided they would enter with a somewhat decent entry. This is what they chose...

The stage is dark as everything is prepared on stage. As the song begins and the whistling is heard, Sophié walks from the back of the stage, two men either side of her pretending to whistle to the music, all in military garb; Sophié is wearing something like this. The lights flash in a gold-ish colour like this as they approach the front. As the music speeds up, the soldiers leave her side and cartwheel out to either side of the stage whilst Sophié walks to the middle of the stage. As she sings the first verse, she does a series of hand movements that look to have been inspired by Middle-Eastern and Indian dancing, whilst the dancers move back behind her and stand still with military precision. The lights have stopped flashing, and the background is the same gold colour as the lights flashed at the beginning. The lights are faint and have a reddish tint to them.

In My Dreams x2

Je fais des cauchemars sur il quelquefois (I have nightmares about it sometimes)
Je t’ai besoin, je suis aux abois (I need you, I am desperate)
Mais avec toi, je suis plus vivant (But with you, I feel more alive)
Un jour, je te rencontrerai encore (One day, I will meet you again)
D’ici là, je deviens fou pour ton amour (Until then, I'm going crazy for your love)
Jusqu’à ce que mort nous sépare (Until death do us part)

As the chorus begins, the cameras zoom out from Sophié and show the entire stage. Sophié stands in the middle of the stage and the soldiers do a series of acrobatic/gymnastic tricks on a box each, with the boxes decorated to look like military supplies. The audience are amazed throughout the chorus. The cameras pan around the stage throughout the chorus, so that the viewers at home see the gymnasts and Sophié from a variety of angles.

Dans mes rêves, dans ma coeur (In my dreams, in my heart)
Je sens votre attouchement (I feel your touch)
Et il sauve mon amour (And it saves my love)
Et je sais que tu y est (And I know that you're there)
Et je veux ton amour (And I want your love)
Mais en attendant chéri (But until then babe)
Tu est juste dans mes revoirs (You're just in my dreams)

Another soldiers walks onto the stage and grabs Sophié from behind in a loving embrace; this is her actual husband, Marc Leston. Meanwhile, the two performers look towards and point towards Sophié, leaning forward on one of their legs. They stay still as stone and, just before the chorus begins again, they do a backwards somersault.

Les étoiles dans le ciel brillent pour toi (The stars in heaven shine for you)
Et déjà tu es avec moi ici-bas (And yet you're down here with me)
Je me languis de tes caresses (I long for your touch)

As the chorus begins, Marc stands still and appears to watch on as the two performers lift up Sophié and carry her forwards whilst she sings the first half of the chorus. Marc turns away as they put Sophié down on one of the boxes, and the performers turn backwards and do forwards rolls before turning back around. As the chorus ends, Marc turns back around, seemingly in desperation.

Dans mes rêves, dans ma coeur (In my dreams, in my heart)
Je sens votre attouchement (I feel your touch)
And I know that you’re there
And I want your love
But until then babe
You’re just in my dreams

As the bridge begins, Sophié drags herself down as Marc and the soldiers march forwards, making sudden and rapid arm movements as they go until Marc almost leaps forwards and grabs Sophié and the gymnasts roll away, and Marc lifts Sophié up. As the final verse begins, the gymnasts cartwheel infront of Sophié and the lights and the background start changing colour between red and the gold colour from earlier. Marc is then pulled backwards by the performers and then performs a little routine behind Sophié as she sings. The cameras zoom out again (after zooming in at the beginning of the bridge).

Je me languis de toi (I long for you)
You’re just in my dreams

Jusqu'à la fin du temps j''aurai besoin (Until the end of time I'll need)
Tout que tu as et tant les choses (Everything you have and more)
Je me languis pour ton amour et plus (I long for your love and more)

As the final chorus begins, Marc mysteriously leaves the stage, seeming to be pulled back by some unknown force, and Sophié gets of her back and instead leans on it and she sings with force. The two gymnasts/performers go behind Sophie, seemingly trying to console her as she sings with passion and gusto. As the song ends the whole stadium goes pitch black and Marc's face is seen on the background screen, before disappearing.

In my dreams, in my heart
I feel your touch
And it saves my love
And it saves my love
And I know that you’re there
And I want your love
But until then babe
You’re just in my dreams

"Merci, Thank You WorldVision", Sophié is heard shouting.
Last edited by Brittanny on Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:46 am

Jorge Sollarmann, 25, a bull-herder from Uppsaleia, Northern Ekoz last month won the first edition of the STE's new national selection format, MelodieFestivalen with landslide victory of 60% of the vote. Jorge's single, 'The Beginning' is his first release on a professional and mass scale, and has been atop of the Ekoesestoplistann for the past three weeks and is a serious contender to the the 2015 Ekozian Christmas Number One.

Jorge is stood centre stage wearing a large fur coat, commonplace in northern Ekoz with a white vest and cream trousers, with Timbaland boots. He is joined onstage by four female dancers, in fur costumes also commonplace in traditional northern Ekozian settings. The LED background is white. Jorge is also joined by Hjugaar Vanaares; a famous Ekoesanfljoet (ancient Ekozian flute) player, who featured in the opening ceremony of the 40th WorldVision Song Contest, held in the Ekozian city of Rokkestaat.

As the music begins to play and the crowds cheers die down, the camera pans onto Jorge who is seen lifting his microphone and looking directly into the camera. He starts to sing. As he finishes each line, the camera fades and pans onto Hjugaar, who is seen kneeling on one knee playing the Ekoesanfljoet.

Oooh, ooh.
Oooh, ooh, ooh

Take me to the golden age,
to the time when we were both pure and we were both free,
The great unknown,
Discovering the dark and the preserved.

The dancers start their choreography, of which is a traditional Ekozian style of dancing, around Jorge as if they were worshipping a Totem Pole. Their fur costumes (fur materials are seen visible hanging from their arms and legs) can be seen flapping up and down to the music

Ooh, ooh.
Take me back a thousand years,
Ooh, ooh.
To the to days of yester-year
Ooh ohh
To the first day of our time;
the beginning..

As the dance break starts, Jorge and his four dancers begin a traditional style of choreography. The lighting goes dark and a strobe light takes effect, only highlighting parts of the high paced traditional choregraphy. The camera then pans directly above the stage giving a birds eye view of Jorge and his dancers. As the second verse begins, the LED screen turns white and the camera again pans centre stage on Jorge, who is seen moving his arm to the left of him as if pointing out a view. Again, after each line, the camera pans to Hjugaar and the flute. The floor of the stage begins to slowly fill with fog and mist, covering Jorge's and the dancers feet.

Glaciers on glaciers,
the vastness of the land, of the sea, of the snow;
A beautiful visual,
A million miles of earth untouched by man.

The camera circles and pans above and around Jorge and the dancers. The fog begins to rise higher, up to Jorge's knees. He begins to start the choreography and the centre of the circle. His hands can be seen reaching out directly into the camera.

Ooh, ooh.
Leave me here forever more,
Ooh ooh.
Peaceful sounds of crystal shores,
Ooh ooh.
Being one with nature,
the beginning.

At this point, the fog is surrounding Jorge and the dancers and the rest of the stage is in fog. As the beat begins to drop, the stage goes dark and strobe lighting begins, with white lazers and lights flashing within the fog, highlighting and catching moments of Jorge and his dancers choreography, throughout the second have of the dance break, the white LED screen begins to brighten and Jorge becomes visibly clearer to the audience. The dancers surround Jorge intimately.

The world we live in is tainted by man,
So full of fury, war; I don't understand,
Poisoned by our gluttony, this world that we are damaging,

take me to...

As Jorge and his dancers begin their final piece of choregraphy, the LED screen remains white along with the lazers and strobe lighting catching the fog-filled stage. White confetti falls from the stage and from the roof of the stadium, both catching the stage and the members of the audience. The camera pans out onto the audience before spinning back round to the stage giving a full visual of the combined fog and lighting. As the song begins to end, the camera pans to the side of the stage where the final visual is of Hjugaar and Jorge together playing the Ekoesanfljoet. The lighting begins to slowly fade, leaving Jorge to walk into the fog and remain unseen by the audience.

Jorge: Takk! Thank-you! Thank-you Talvezout!
Last edited by Ekoz on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:32 am

8.ARIOSLAVIA
Artist: Belovodye
Song: "Slava"
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vstiu_7Nk

This year, Arioslavia will be represented by folk-pagan metal band Belovodye (named after legendary Ancient Slavic lost mysthical kingdom) led by Lada (born in 1990 as Svetlana Reznova, her nickname is derived from Ancient Slavic goddess). The band tries to change the percieving of folk metal as connected with radical right-wing by creating the pan-national sense of patriotism. As Svetlana states, the band tries to "bring back the former glory of Arioslavia and build a bridge between old and modern, Communist Arioslavia".

The screens in the background show the typical Arioslavian scenery - wide fields, some birch trees and a village at the horizon. As the music gets more intensive, the realistic scenery turns into a black and white cartoon. The peaceful atmosphere is suddenly interrupted by a black WW2-era plane, flying over the village and ghost-like columns of tanks and soldiers entering the settlement. We can hear the WW2-styled radio announcement:

To all soldiers and officers of the Arioslavian Army - from General Secretary and Head of the Armed Forces - Today, at 4:00 a.m. our Motherland has been attacked. The response will be immediate and harsh. The enemy will be destroyed!

Next, we can see the columns of Arioslavian soldiers charging at the invaders. As they clash with them with their bayonettes, everything turns into chaos and only fog and smoke is visible - both real at the stage and virtual on screens. Lada starts to sing in Russian, which is official language in Arioslavia:

Oy, ty Arioslavia vyelikaya, (Oh, Great Arioslavia)
Skvoz' vyekov groz syeryoznykh ty proshla. (You have gone through ages of dangerous storms.)
Ni odnoy vrag oruzh'ye podnimaya (No enemy, though raising an armed hand)
Moguchey Strany nye smog! (Could ever defeat the mighty Motherland!)

Then she sings the refrain. The battle-smoke showed at screens disperses for a moment and a silhouette of Telgrad Kremlin towers is visible.

Slavsya, nasha Arioslavia, (Glory to Thee, our Arioslavia)
Slavsya, Rodina moya! (Glory to Thee, my Motherland!)
Slavsya, Strana ogromnaya, (Glory to Thee, great country)
Budyesh sil'na po vyeka! (You'll be strong for ages!)

Stanyem, brat'ya! Stanyem ryadom (We'll stand, brothers! We'll stand together)
I prolyeyem nashu krov'! (And we'll spill our blood!)
Za nashu rodnuyu zyemlyu (For our land)
Poydyem my na smyertny boy! (We'll go into the deadly battle!)

Lada sings the second stanza in English. The fog at screen disperses again to show the silhouettes of soldiers in a brutal hand-to-hand fight.

Wind of history blows through our Motherland,
Dances on its boundless steppes and fields.
Plays in green forests, from Telgrad to Samira,
Calling Arioslavia's sons.

She sings the refrain in English:

Glory, mighty Arioslavia,
Hear our voices, hear our song!
Be proud of your sons and daughters,
With them you'll be always strong!

Those who hear us shall remember:
We will stand for our friends
But enemies will find nothing
But shame, suffering and pain!

The fog at screens forms the faces of popular historical figures: Prince Mstislav, a founder of Telgrad, his son Prince Alexander Mstislavovich, who saved Arioslavia from Muslim army in 986, Tsar Vladimir III, who united Arioslavia, Tsar Pavel I, who founded the city of Neuburg and Marshall Ivan Tikhonov, a WW2-era Arioslavian hero. This lasts only a moment and as Lada sings the last part in Russian, the fog disperses to show the victorious Arioslavian soldier holding a flag.

Budyesh zhiva, Arioslavia, (You'll live, Arioslavia)
Svyetlaya sud'ba tvoya! (Bright is your fate!)
Skvoz' tumany boyov dryevnykh (Through the fogs of ancient battles)
Svyetit sol'ntse dlya tyebya! (A sun shines for you!)

Dusha tvoya bessmyertnaya, (Your immortal soul)
Zhivyot v nas, tvoikh dyet'yakh (Lives within us, your children)
I znamya tvoye vzdymaya (And, swelling out your standard)
Vypolnyayet vyes' nash kray! (It fills whole our land!)

At the end, we can again see the peaceful Arioslavian village. The members of band salute and scream the traditional battle-cry of Arioslavian armies:

Urrra!

Thank you, Talvezout!
Last edited by Arioslavia on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Mitoland
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mitoland » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:01 am

09 - MITOLAND

Song: Between Us
By: Hestava Mojâ and Senìa Distave
Genre: Ballad/Pop
Tune: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

This time, 'lovebirds' Hestava Mojâ and Senìa Distave have won the 'A Voice for Mitoland' competition and have automatically been entered into WorldVision 44 therefore. They have been named as the best entry for Mitoland ever.

Hestava Mojâ, 24, a part-time waitress and part-time local actress, recently took up singing as a hobby, and stated that 'she was doing it for fun'. This led her to entering the 'A Voice for Mitoland' competition. Her boyfriend, Senìa Distave, 25, is a dentist in Blakomè. He has had a life-long love of singing, and found 'A Voice for Mitoland' to show off his biggest hobby to the nation. He joined acts with Hestava after they fell in love and thought they would be better together. On their Talvezoutan postcard, they tried the traditionally Talvezoutan cuisine.

Now, the act is starting...

As Hestava Mojâ strolled onto the stage, wearing a gold, silken dress, the crowd at the arena went wild. She tested the microphone and suddenly the whole arena went silent. It was her moment to shine! Gently, her voice began to sing...

0:37
Why did you leave, oh, I was full of love for you,
It's unfair how you've left me, we had a perfect love story,
Sometimes I reflect on what I've done,
But nothing, nothing compares to what I see;

Suddenly a heart comes on the stage as an animation, and splits in two. Hestava begins to sing more powerfully.

1:08
You said you'd never, ever leave me, but you've split my heart in two;
And now you've left me, I have to say I've lost all my trust in you...
You know, it was amazing how together, you and I,
Between us, our worlds were changed, and now they're just not right.

The crowd start cheering as a male voice (Senìa) joins in the song. The spotlight expands to include him.

1:41
Something special between you and me,
Has somehow turned my memories into distant nightmares.
I just don't want to talk about it, please leave me alone.
I feel so isolated and IT'S JUST SO UNFAIR!

Striking colour animations of hearts and spectacular patterns come on in the background as their beautiful voices create a perfect harmony.

2:12

The somg quietens down a bit as their voice grows soft. The arena goes silent again.

2:54
Can you get to me, I need to know,
I'm heartbroken that you had to go (but I forgive you)

While Hestava repeats 'Oh, oh, oh, oh' eight times, the animations become stronger than ever before. Her heart metaphorically opens up to the crowd and becomes more powerful than the rest of the song. During this, Senìa sings the chorus again.

3:03

Suddenly, the song softens again, after a long instrumental part, until a calming ending leads the song out. The broken heart, which has been loitering in the background since it broke, is put back together to symbolise their re-found love.

4:05
But we're together, together again.

The crowd goes the wildest so far this evening! Mitoland says this is its greatest entry ever (not to mention, its first entry ever too).

Hestava and Senìa meander off the stage. The final photo catches an orange firework launching as part of the Mitolian entry.
Last edited by Mitoland on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.45
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28
I'm a Libertarian Socialist. That's good.

Current month: December 1994

News of Mitoland this week:
- The government scraps tuition fees for public universities.
- Planned Christmas Day terror attacks on the Marktplatz in Rheine are discovered and foiled. Eight arrests have been made in connection.

Apart from capital punishment, this nation represents 95% of my views. Some NSStats are slightly wrong.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:16 am

Ethane
Kristian Dowling- Nothing Wrong
GUEST APPEARANCE BY SAMUEL FREIGHTON

ENTV, THE NATIONS OFFICIAL STATE BROADCASTER is proud to present to you prime coverage of the world's greatest international singing competitions, Worldvision and the World Hit Festival. Due to budgetary restraints this time round, the same performance will be used at both competitions, but not to matter, as this is some of the nation's greatest talent.

Kristian Dowling is a 16 year old male artist. He recently rose to prominence through youth talent shows in Ethane, and many people felt he was ready to compete against adults at the World Hit Festival. Throughout his school career, he has been very musically talented, which is shown through his musical choice in subjects. He has just completed his GCSE'S before coming here to compete. At 12 years old, he started to travel around Ethane to compete in talent shows, as many teachers and his parents felt that he had to get himself out there, as he loved singing, and he was so good at it. At the age of 14, he was spotted by a small record studio called Kitsune, which helped him to start developing music. He has since been developing music and going on tours when he is not studying at school. He is about to go on a tour after the World Hit festival, going to 28 separate venues across Ethane in 2 months and 3 days. After this tour, he will be releasing his first album, called O.K, which he feels conveys many personal messages to his fans, and shares many secrets with people that he has never shared before. He is a keen advocate for gay rights and marriage, as he is gay himself, which has been strongly criticised by many people in the church he attended when he was younger. He moved to a more accepting church 2 years ago, and was a keen supporter, along with his new church, in the gay marriage bill, which legalised gay marriage in Ethane. He feels strongly about many issues, and uses his songs to convey these messages. He was chosen by a panel of judges which selected him as the most promising act in Ethane, and they also obviously selected him to represent Ethane at this festival. This will be his largest gig yet, and is hoping to create a large international fan base. He has been labelled the 'New Justin Bieber' by many people, but Kristian is keen to point out that he is completely different from Justin Bieber, and wishes to be disassociated with him. Good luck to Kristian, the youngest competitor at an international competition yet.
Due to the sudden illness of members of the original group who were supposed to be performing at Worldvision, Kristian stepped up to take their place, as he did not want Ethane to miss out on such a prestigious event, such as that which the Worldvision is.

@WV44, @KristianDowling: Good luck to you Kristian #preach #Kristianforthewin

The stage is dark and the hall is silent, waiting for Kristian to begin. The ethereal sound begins on stage. The piano starts playing on the track, and a solitary light shines on to Kristian, who is standing in the centre of the stage, on his own, with the microphone in hand. The rest of the stage remains dark, as if trying to obscure something from view, so that no one can see it. Kristian flicks his hair to the side, before staring into the TV cameras. As he begins to sing, 2 red lights shine onto him from behind, and red lights flicker on around the room, creating a red aurora- like glow in the audience, creating a mysterious effect. The stage remains fairly dark, so that you can only see Kristian and a couple of black outlines of people, who are mysterious to the audience. While singing the chorus, he slowly walks forward towards the front of the stage.

Why you gotta hide?
Stand by my side
Let the whole world see
Let them see our love
Don’t be scared to show
Who you wanna be
Yeah, There’s nothing wrong, with you or me
Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with you or me

As he finishes the chorus, and the ethereal music begins again to fill in the gap between separate sections of the song, the lights brighten on the stage, so that there is a spotlight focusing on each of the black silhouettes, revealing 4 boys, about Kristian's age standing there. As the verse begins, they pair up and dance with each other as partners, as Kristian walks backwards while singing between them towards the back of the stage. At one point in the middle of the chorus, Kristian plays to the viewers at home on ENTV and other broadcasters in other countries by singing facing the camera, following it round as it pans round him.

Ooh, other people may see you in another way
Just cause they don’t like don’t mean we have to change
Ooh, there’s not enough love in the world tonight
Its not like everyone’s going to be satisfied
No oh oh, no one cares for twats
Who would care when he looks like that
I really don’t have to say
If they don’t like it they can look away

The lighting situation remains simple, with the red lights still shining into the audience, and the 3 spotlights trained on the performers on stage, 1 on each of the dancing pairs and 1 on Kristian as he sings. The aim of the special effects was to limit them severely, and create a calm, simple atmosphere, while not using the screen at the back of the stage, to follow the simplicity and relaxing aspect of the song.

Why you gotta hide?
Stand by my side
Let the whole world see
Let them see our love
Don’t be scared to show
Who you wanna be

During the ethereal music, another male dancer around Kristian's age appears from the darkness on stage and begins to dance with Kristian, who has a massive smile on his face, beaming into the cameras. Then, as the pre- chorus begins, Kristian separates from the dancer, but creates the feeling that he is singing to the 'dancer' rather than to anyone else like the audience or the viewers, trying to convey a deeper message to the audience about the song, and make it feel like the message in the song is actually real between them. The lighting situation remains simple, with the red lights still beaming out into the audience and the 3 spotlights trained on the stage, one on each of the pairs of dancers and the 3rd one on Kristian and now the other dancer,who Kristian is holding one of his hands with while staring into the dancer's eyes, portraying an emotional bond.

No oh oh, no one cares for twats
Who would care when he looks like that
I really don’t have to say
If they don’t like it they can look away

The Lighting and positioning of all the artists on stage remains the same, just the red light shining into the audience begins to fade, making the hall go back into darkness again by almost the end of the chorus. Kristian is still staring into the dancers eyes while singing.

Why you gotta hide?
Stand by my side
Let the whole world see
Let them see our love
Don’t be scared to show
Who you wanna be

The spotlights on the other dancers turn off, as well as the red light having completely faded by now, leaving the hall and stage completely dark apart from the one spotlight trained on Kristian and the other guy, the 'dancer', who are still staring into each others eyes, and sing this final bit together.

Once the singing finishes, Kristian and the other guy embrace each other in a hug jumping in celebration as the final spotlight goes out, leaving the stage in complete darkness as the music fades out. All the stage lighting comes back on as the two people on stage turn to face the audience, and Kristian, who is almost in tears of joy, thanks the audience, before leaving the stage with the dancers and the other guy who came onto stage near the end of the song.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

New Tuva SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tuva SSR » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:23 am

11 - NEW TUVA SSR
Pumpkin Spice
Kyzyl Khan 8
Tune: Left Hand Free

Chengis Jorgin, wearing his trademark traditional Tuvan dress, walks out on stage carrying a guitar disguised as a Morin Khuur. He gets to the microphone, and looks down at his shoes. The lights turn on, and a picture of a Pumpkin appears behind him. He slowly picks up his head. The background drummer and choir man, Ganzorig Chelü, starts tapping.

It's the center of fall, like it is the sun
It's everywhere I go, I don't even know
Everytime I see it I run

IT'S THAT PUMPKIN SPICE (ohoh)

It that Pumpkin Spice
And when I run I slip
I fall into the sand
'Cause I just tripped (ohhhhhh, no)

Multiple Pumpkin Spice things appear on the screen behind him. He spins and unfurls his deel, revealing an open white suit jacket and a shirt that reads Spicey - Kyzyl Khan 8.

It walks up and asks me for just a little nibble
So that's when I begin to act all smarmy (oh no)

It that Pumpkin Spice
And when I run I slip
I fall into the sand
'Cause I just tripped (ohhhhhh, no)

P-U-M-P-K-I-N that biz
Spice, it's makes you sneeze
Great, now I am on the lam
But one day I'll be free (ohhhhhh, no) (Spicey)

Chengis jumps, does a split, and jumps again. The Pumpkin spice things on the background are getting faster.

It's the center of fall, like it is the sun
It's everywhere I go, I don't even know
Everytime I see it I run

IT'S THAT PUMPKIN SPICE (ohoh) [x5]
Ohhhhhohhhhh no

Chengis bows and walks off the stage, smiling. The last image is of Chingis' and Ganzorig's heads replaced as Pumpkins.
Last edited by New Tuva SSR on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lykens wrote:You win at life.

Sankarist, Libertarian Socialist, antifa
Thomas Sankara and Jeremy Corbyn are my inspirations.
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77
Pro: Democratic Socialism, anarcho-syndicalism, DeLeonism (some parts), direct democracy, universal healthcare, green politics, Die Linke, Palestine, Paris Climate Agreement, decentralized production, Corbynite Labour
Neutral: Social democrats, the EU, Obama (domestic), Marx, communism, Democratic progressives, Bernie, black blocs
Anti: Capitalism, neoliberalism, Trump, the GOP, Blairite Labour, the Conservatives, the DNC, Obama (foreign), Trudeau, Third Way, racial supremacy, bloated government, the "free" market, the police, dictatorship, Marxism-Leninism, the USSR, NATO, Israel

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:15 pm

12 MISTER X

Robert Gilmore - "Kill You All".
Tune: Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Two Tribes"

The stage was in pitch black. The audience could not see anything on stage. An eerie voice was heard all, which explained not only the context of the song, but was a fitting introduction, and got Robert in the right mood to sing this song.

(Do not cheat on your partner. Mr Gilmore's did.)

As the piano signalled the introduction of the song, Robert moved slowly forwards in one solitary spotlight, looking angry and down at the stage. He was wearing a sharp suit, with black trousers, a black jacket, and a white shirt, buttoned all the way up, but without a tie. As the four big cymbal chords played, Robert made four punches into the air which coincided with the music. There was no lighting effect to accompany these songs as the stage was kept in pitch black, save for Robert's spotlight. As the song went "off", all of the lights strobed at a ridiculously fast pace, showing off (in brief glimpses) the rock band at the back of the stage. The drummer was really going for it, as the eerie voice (who audiences could now work out was said drummer) was heard once more.

(If you do cheat on your partner, you and your family must take cover.)

Robert now started to sing.

No, no, no...
No, no...
Just go...
Oh...

I'm going to kill you all,
Seeing as you're a total whore, (you're a whore, I'll kill you all)
Seeing as you're a total whore! (you're a total cheater)

The lights stopped strobing, showing Robert in his spotlight and the rest of the stage in half-light. Robert started to move around the stage, singing to the front row of the audience, picking out certain members at random and singing at them.

Partner number one,
I loved you but you were all done
(you were all done, oh)
At the end of our time?
Tell me before screwing someone!
(you're a total cheater)
Yeah...

The lights started strobing again, as Robert and the band now started to properly rock out, all jumping up and down like lunatics, getting the crowd going.

Seeing as you're a total whore,
(you're a whore, I'll kill you all)
Seeing as you're a total whore!
(you're a total cheater)

Robert picked up knives and some bullets lying about on the stage, and started sharpening the bullets menacingly, whilst singing the next verse, as the strobing effects stopped.

Run away and hide,
I'll commit genocide,
I'll kill your family, yeah,
Giving you what you deserve,
Kill you all - ALL!
'Cause you're a total cheater!

There was now a spotlight on the man in the band who had the solo instrumental section, as Robert's spotlight turned off and he disappeared backstage.

Tell the world that you're screwing
Someone else, someone else,
Since you cheated on me...
Should have listened to your conscience and thought about me!

The lights started strobing again and Robert returned from off the stage carrying a gun. His spotlight returned and he started to load the very sharp bullets into the gun.

Seeing as you're a total whore,

The lights once again stopped strobing, as a gigantic black-and-white picture of Robert's incredibly hot ex-partner, smiling, was brought to the stage and placed about 20 feet away from Robert at one side of the stage.

I will kill you all!
(You have to die, you have to die.)
Yeah!
Die or be killed!

Robert walked to the other side of the stage, as the light strobe effects returned for the final two lines.

Are you going to die or
Will I have to
Kill you?
Yeah!

The song ended and Robert fired the gun into the picture. It penetrated the picture and went all the way through before hitting one of the LED panels at the side, causing a small explosion. Robert and his band then left the stage, not acknowledging the rapturous applause from the crowd.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Volusca Primj
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Volusca Primj » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:44 am

13. Volusca Primj
Just Tonight
Anica Vastreascjo

Anica wears a long black coat. She looks exhausted and her hair is a bit of a mess. She walks forward and stops with the first line. The lights are dim, almost grey.
Some days when you come home
you don't feel anything
It's cold despite the sun
and life has got you down
Doors close and lock you out
and leave an empty street
You've got nothing to do, nowhere to go

She throws her coat off, revealing a trendy red dress. She pulls her hair over her left shoulder. A slight red begins to mix into the light.
There is one way to feel better
Send a text out to all your friends
Tell them they know just where to find you
You'll have drinks there waiting for the night

The lights look like a club, with white, blue, and yellow strobe and spotlight effects. Background dancers appear and begin to dance with each other in an almost-gymnastic way.
And even if it works for just tonight, just tonight
You'll be on cloud nine for just tonight, just tonight
You'll be having fun til the morning comes
Yeah even if it works for just tonight, just tonight

The dancers pose as the lights become plain, except one man who approaches Anica from behind and wraps his arms around her waist. They dance/pose in a loving way until the last line, when he lets go and splays his arms wide.
You've got a broken heart
you're single once again
You brought him home to mom
and he was well-behaved
He said "we have to talk"
you thought there'd be a ring
Then he told you there's someone else

The dancers begin to come to life in a deliberate, exaggerated manner, essentially breakdancing in slow motion. Some yellow and red begins to wash into the light.
So you go out dancing
And you spy another handsome man
So you bite your lip and wander
You grab him by the hand and whisper soft

Again the lights erupt. The dancers have a new, more sensual routine, though it is still acrobatic. Sparks fall at the back of the stage.
That even if it works for just tonight, just tonight

The dancers begin to sing with Anica as the lights slowly swirl.
It could be for just tonight
So let go of all your worries

Live it while you have the chance

More lights, sparks, and dancing. Anica moves to the edge of the stage and sings to the front row, slowly singing different lines to different audience members.
And even if it works for just tonight, just tonight

She starts to dance, mostly just jumping around unchoreographed. She's having fun in the moment.
Just tonight, just tonight
Just tonight, just tonight

Sparks shoot up at the front of the stage as the song ends. She's too busy laughing and cheering to bow, but she manages to shout "Gratj!" meaning "thank you" in Voluscan.
Last edited by Volusca Primj on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:54 am

14. ELECTRUM

OOC note: I can't speak Mandarin and I'm not Chinese, alright?!

Song: "Your Reply"
Aritist: Will Gray and Co. (Band)
Tune: Being Together (我們可以在一起) by New Pants (新褲子)

The stage is set, and they get to it straight away -- the band Will Gray and Co. was another one of Network ENN's internal selections, as the songs voted in by popular vote always had predictable results and Network ENN wanted to do something different. This time they settled on a pop-punk band, named after the band leader Will Gray. Originally called "Will Gray and the Rolling Wheel," they shortened it to Company (Co.). Initially an all male band, the band has grown from two to five, with Will Gray still being the lead singer.

Image here. From left to right, Will (singer), Simon (drummer), Cindy (keyboard), Edward (bass), Lachlan (guitar)

The stage starts off as very dark, but as soon as the music starts, the stage is blanketed in lights, and all but Will are off to the side playing their music. On screen is also a large screen that wraps around, and Will walks in front of it. He puts his head down as he waits for his part to start...
1:25
When you came back and our eyes met
It seems like you would rather forget
We promised to patch things up
Now I'm the one playing the grown up

We tried again for a second time
But this is your paradigm
You like to raise my hopes and let them fall
Not many people have your gall

When the song starts, he looked lustfully at the audience, to large cheers from the women. He then play acts the date, with a shadow appearing on the large TV screen behind him, but as soon as he starts the second part of the verse, the shadow disappears into nothingness, and the screen now acts as a mirror, showing vision of the audience before the vision being melted away into waves.

1:53
This relationship's as one sided as a mirror
Didn't I mean something to you?
I'm swinging between loving and forgetting you
All I'm waiting now is for your reply

The chorus started and the waves which appeared on the wrap-around screen materialised into a shadow -- a person with long hair shadowing his every move. Will paces around the stage but as soon as he sees the person he runs up to it, but it disappears once again.

2:46
When you came back and our eyes met
It seems like you would rather forget
We promised to patch things up
Now I'm the one playing the grown up

I want you because this is love
But am I something you disposed of?
Do you want to be left alone
Is it pointless waiting by the phone?

Will walks around the stage again, and the lights are a bit more muted. Soft ringing from the phone can be heard, but every time he gets near the phone, it turns off.

3:16
This relationship's as one sided as a mirror
Didn't I mean something to you?
I'm swinging between loving and forgetting you
All I'm waiting now is for your reply

All of a sudden, when Will finishes his song, but the band is still playing the music, the large television screen opens up in the middle, to reveal that long-haired person. It turns out that this is Will's boyfriend Mark Gunn. They share a quick peck before the band finishes, and they all walk off stage.
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:17 pm

(Interview midtime thingie)
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:59 am

UCRTV
Live coverage of the 44th WorldVision Song Contest, held in Yaru-Bzheriut, Talvezout

With your hosts, Mya Richardson (Britonisea) and Jon Timmerman (Estogium)

Mya: Hello, welcome to the 44th WorldVision Song Contest, under UCRTV.
Jon: With your hosts, Jon Timmerman of Estogium.
Mya: And Mya Richardson of Britonisea. Today, we are expected to have an interesting contest with a lot of the same music.
Jon: Yes, however, WorldVision these days feel much different to how they used to be.
Mya: Really, why do you say that?
Jon: Well looking at WorldVision's 38, 39 and 41, think about how many nations were in those WorldVisions.
Mya: I see, in this edition, there are a lot of new nations hoping to win on their debut.
Jon: Well, let's hope that Aloquirbe and Estogium can maintain a quite impressive record over the past few editions.
Mya: I hope too, let's go to the Opening Ceremony, the Opening Song, whatever you want to call it.

Opening Song
Mya: I liked this Opening Song because it goes back to Talvezout.
Jon: Yes, lately, they have been sending songs which are pop-py. If you know what I am saying?
Mya: It isn't Talvezout, and if Talvez gives us songs like this, I can garuntee Britonisea, Estogium or Aloquirbe giving them points
Jon: And you just reminded me. Nations will battle it out to get to WorldVision 45. Either Aloquirbe or Estogium will go through to the next edition and follow Britonisea.
Mya: However, if neither Estogium or Aloquirbe gets the minimum of 50 points, Nightom will also join the race.
Jon: I think the amount of ABEN Nations participating should increase.
Mya: I do too, nations may not be in WorldVision for a maximum three editions. Unless you get a pass for 10 editions, or 20 edition etc.
Jon: Yep, Britonisea's next pass is in '51, Aloquirbe's next pass is in '47, Estogium next in '53 and if Nightom joins next edition, theirs will be in '55.
Mya: I'd also like to shout out to nations with UCRTV and are currently watching the WorldVision Song Contest! We got a very high percentage watching!

1. Polkopia

Mya: The name of the singer made me think this was going to be in Polkopian, or whatever their language is called.
Jon: That's what I thought too. But it was all in English.
Mya: Interesting song from Polkopia. I don't really have anything to say.
Jon: If you want to vote for Polkopia, please do so at the end of the performing. You can vote via the app or phone. Any nation within the ABEN Union can call, 76701 to vote for Polkopia.
Mya: Next we have our hosts, Talvezout.

2. Talvezout

Jon: Well, I have nothing to say to that, really.
Mya: Me neither. It's really dark!
Jon: I agree, very dark.
Mya: If you would like Talvezout to win, call 76702 at the end of performing.

3. The Sword Bloke

Mya: I loved this tune, I really did.I think that if The Sword Bloke actually wrote proper lyrics, points could've went their way from both Baeñen Unionée nations.
Jon: Couldn't agree more. I loved the sound, the lyrics...no.
Mya: Also, you won't host next edition. Estogium will place a bid. So hold your horses.
Jon: if you would like for The Sword Bloke to snatch the crown, call 76703. Next up we have Owner Osity.

4. Owner Osity

Jon: I didn't get the whole song to be honest. But, I do wish that Vampirum came back.
Mya: I was quite offended they didn't include any Baeñen Unionée members, like, we have been in the contest for 14 editions, and we've sent around 25 songs, we should just put all those songs together. We have worked our @$$ off, not to get zilt recognition! I shall be calling my WorldVision mates and we're going to make a song about every single nation instead of Owner Osity AND that Shop Owner paradise of The Sword Bloke. I am so happy that we didn't get mention, after what they said as they left the stage. I won't be voting for them, thanks very much.
Jon: I liked it.
Mya: If you would like for Owner Osity to win, I swear to you ABEN. If you vote for Owner Osity, I am coming back to WorldVision before '50, just call 76704 when lines open!

5. Dreamplanet

Jon: You want Dreamplanet to win, right? Call 76705 to vote for them, or just vote on the app.

6. Brittanny

Jon: The song isn't bad, is it Mya?
Mya: No, it isn't a bad song. I mean, I speak a bit of French...
Jon: Me too, J'ai voyage en avion?
Mya: Oh yes, you do speak French, don't ya. I think it was quite upbeat. We needed something upbeat.
Jon: And the French was okay.
Mya: So, if you would like to vote for Brittanny, 76706.
Jon: Next up is Ekoz, a grand threat to Aloquirbe.

7. Ekoz

Mya: How nice...*Coughs*
Jon: Well, Ekoz, you know. Your previous songs have been a tiny bit better, to be honest.
Mya: But this song is a great sign of an Ekoz song. It's not bad.
Jon: I agree, it isn't bad but other songs in Ekoz's National Finals coud've been better.
Mya: ABEN didn't contribute to that, so who are we to talk! *Laugh*
Jon: Do you really want Ekoz to win with a passion? 76707!

8. Arioslavia

Jon: Britonish Supporters, these lot are. But, can we have the lyrics in English?
Mya: There are no source of any lyrics in English so I didn't understand a lot of this song.
Jon: I don't think this song would get in to the ABEN Top 40 this time 'round.
Mya: But, I do think that they could get a point or so.
Jon: Sometimes...
Mya: If you would like to vote for Arioslavia, please call 76708 when lines open.
Jon: Or vote via the app.

9. Mitoland

Jon: I don't usually like slow music.
Mya: Sounds like folk music or country. It doesn't seem like a Ballad to me.
Jon: Well, different genres intertwine.
Mya: YOLO.
Jon: Call 76709 if you would like the nation of Mitoland to win.

[10. Ethane

Mya: How old is the boy, 16? He is not even ready for this yet!
Jon: Is Samuel his boyfriend? OMG, Cute couple!
Mya: Yes, they so suit! Forget the song, I see a budding bromance!
Jon: Honey, Romance!
Mya: They look argh.
Jon: Back to the song, I didn't like the tune, I loved the lyrics and stage directions. Which is defo a 10-pointer!
Mya: If you want Ethane to win, call 76710.

11. New Tuva SSR

Jon: One of the hundreds of debut nations this edition.
Mya: I don't think this song suited WorldVision to be honest.
Jon: Neither do I, I doubt points will fly from ABEN to them, do you?
Mya: I doubt it, to be honest.
Jon: If you would like NT SSR to win anyways, please call 76711.

12. Mister X

Mya: No, I didn't like it.
Jon: Neither did I, I just didn't like it. I felt like I was in a '80s smoking bar, I didn't like it.
Mya: I just found it uncomfortable.
Jon: I think Mister X needs to return back to their old roots.
Mya: If you would like to vote for Mister X though, you could just call 76712.
Jon: Next up is Volusca Primj!

13. Volusca Primj

Jon: Thank-you, JESUS. A song that is actually acceptable!
Mya: I liked it a lot.
Jon: Well done to Volusca Primj for a good song.
Mya: To improve though, they need to think about using the lighting to their advantage more.
Jon: If you would like to vote for Volusca Primj when lines open, that'll be 76713!
Mya: Now, I'm getting a bit tired of the songs so far, can Electrum cheer me up?

14. Electrum

Jon: No, they can't cheer you up unfortunately.
Mya: *Coughs* That was just...No. Electrum!
Jon: #Electrum4Olympics?
Mya: Oh yeah! I performed in their Olympic Games; I forgot about that.
Jon: How was it?
Mya: Okay, I mean, I didn't help copies sold, but it did boost my amount of views on youtube, a bit.
Jon: I would've loved to perform there. They better ask me and my sister, Kelly, to perform if they win hosting rights again! Otherwise, there will be messy business.
Mya: 76714 for Electrum. I think it's time for a break, don't you?
Jon: I do!

15. Antahbrantahstan

Jon: If you think Antahbrantahstan deserves to win, 76715.

16. Estogium (Commentary silenced, only available in Aloquirbe)

Jon: I loved it.
Mya: I found it kind of sexy, you know.
Jon: Really, why?
Mya: Not sure. I just did. Call, 76116, Aloquirbe, and vote for your brothers.

17. Aloquirbe (Commentary silenced, only available in Estogium)

Mya: Hello, The Estoge! I found that song rather sexy.
Jon: Of course you did. I am sure you did, Mya.
Mya: I did. I mean, I was hoping for him to strip off...
Jon: Estogium, if you would like to vote Aloquirbe, 76017.

18. Normandy and Picardy (Commentary available)

Jon: Hello, we're back. We just heard Normandy and Picardy's song, what do you think?
Mya: I didn't like it, tonight. I am sorry, I didn't like it.
Jon: I didn't like it either. This song is going to be overrated a lot.
Mya: I found the song really weird. I just...won't be voting for them tonight, I found it quite boring.
Jon: Personally, I thought Estogium's entry was a bit more bubbly. Usually, I would keep quiet about songs like this, but I have to express my feelings...Eventhough it is different from others'. It's fine anyways, they give us no points.
Mya: It's not about that, Jon. It wasn't horrible, but I don't think it was great either.
Jon: If this song wins tonight, this song is highly overrated. Oh well
Mya: If you would like to be a sympathiser, just call 767018. Next up, Bloodbath Generation.

19. Bloodbath Generation

Mya: It wasn't my cup of tea, but it could do well.
Jon: Possibly. I liked the tune, but is it a Estoge/Aloquirbe thumbs up? I have no idea.
Jon: If you want to vote BGEN, just call 76719.
Mya: Right, we got some Rugby World Cup hosts, it's Oisinistan.

20. Oisinistan

Jon: Sorry for the technical difficulties...It seems like we don't have any sound...
*Conferring in the background*
Mya: Oh, it, it is supposed to be like that.
Jon: A Capella....
Mya: Bad mistake.
Jon: Really bad.
Mya: If you would like rugby nation, Oisinistan to win, just call 76720! Right, next up we have Izmedu. Let's hope they'll make us happy.

21. Izmedu

Mya: This is it. Well done Izmedu, WorldVision 38 champions.
Jon: I enjoyed Izmedu's performance, it was a proper performance, and one to win.
Mya: Very likely to win, I think 12 points will be going to Izmedu, now that Dreamplanet is gone!
Jon: Well if you want Mya's wish to come true, 76721.

22. Kalosia

Jon: Another good performance! Well done, Kalosia. Of course, you can't win because that is just unfair.
Mya: Yeah, you just can't. It's just unfair...
Jon: Nevertheless, well done.
Mya: If you want to vote for Kalosia, 76722 when lines open, or vote via the app.

23. Electrum Diplomatic Offices

Mya: Oh My Gosh! Those men!
Jon: I have nothing to say to the performance.
Mya: YUM!
Jon: Well, 76723 for EDO. My mind is going crazy right now.

24. The Sarian

Jon: It wasn't bad, Sarian.
Mya: It wasn't bad at all, it was okay. I would vote for it.
Jon: Me too! Let's move on.
Mya: To vote for the Sarian, 76724!

25. Bolge Arazi

26. Adab

Mya: Ah I like Adab, they're so cute. But this wasn't so cute.
Jon: It was a bit...yawn-ful, if that's a word....
Mya: It's not awful, but it isn't outstanding.
Jon: I have to agree with that.
Mya: For Adab, please call 76726, or just vote on the app! It's free!

27. Lymantatia

Jon: How long have they been in the WorldVision song contest?
Mya: Ages.
Jon: Haven't they learnt yet?
Mya: I found it a bit...long. What is going on in the stage. Watching the same lighting is boring.
Jon: Agreed, Lymantatia's number is 76727...

28. Todlichebujoku

Jon: I don't think ABEN has given them 12 points, you know.
Mya: Maybe they have, but not for a long time. This could actually get them 12 points!
Jon: This is really good, actually. I actually liked it.
Mya: The highlight of the night. 12 points! Call 76728 if you want ToBu to win for a 4th time!

29. Kasanova Koratica

Mya: Ummm....
Jon: I have nothing to say, Call 76729 if you want KasKor.
Last edited by Estogium on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:59 am, edited 11 times in total.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:23 am

15. ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

The stage is pitch-black, and there is a piano (fitted with microphone stand) and a chair in the middle of the stage, Karolina Rabbani then appears, walking into the piano, She is wearing a white blouse, and a dark, floral-patterned skirt, a small applause erupted before she sits on the chair.

She then played some notes, which is the beginning of the song, and then she sings, with a spotlight slowly shining behind her back, The LED screen shows a dimmed yellow wall with some black-and-white photos hanging.
Kuingat masa-masa dimana kita selalu nonton dan makan bersama {I remember the times when we always watch {a movie} and ate together)
Kuingat juga masa-masa dimana kita menangis dan tertawa bersama (I also remember the times when we cry and laugh together)
Matahari tenggelam (The sun now sets)
Langit menjadi kelam (The sky is turning dark)
Kini kau pergi s'lamanya (Now you're gone forever)
Kini ku hanya bisa menyanyikan melodi indah ini untuk dirimu (Now i can only sing this beautiful melody that i dedicate for you)

The spotlight now fully shines, and two more spotlights started shining, albeit slowly.
Kepergianmu terlalu cepat (you left too soon)
Kepergianmu tak aku sangka (I never guessed your departure)
Ku masih memerlukan dirimu (I still need you)
Ku ingin pelukan (I want your hug)
Dan kecupanmu (And your kiss)

She then sang a bit powerfully, and the LED screen briefly shows a city skyline at night.
Ku ingin bersamamu (I want to be with you)
Tapi kita tak mampu (But we can't)
Mungkin inilah takdir kita (Maybe this is our destiny)
Ku akan mengingat (I will remember)
Kepergianmu (Your departure)

The song then began to be accompanied by clapping sounds, and the LED screen briefly shows a car being driven by someone.
Diriku ingin melupakanmu tapi ku tetap tak bisa (I want to forget you but i can't)
Kenangan indah tentang dirimu selalu melekat di pikiranku (Fond memories of you always stick in my mind)
Matahari tenggelam (The sun now sets)
Langit menjadi kelam (The sky is turning dark)
Kini kau pergi s'lamanya (Now you're gone forever)
Kini ku hanya bisa menyanyikan melodi indah ini untuk dirimu (Now i can only sing this beautiful melody that i dedicate for you)

two more spotlights now shine, and the LED screen briefly shows a cloudy sky, Karolina briefly stared into the audience, albeit with a sad expression.

The backing singers now sing, and the LED screens briefly shows a busy city road, the back of a man leaving (Presumed to be Karolina's actual boyfriend), and a rocky cliff.
I wish i can be with you
But now you're in heaven
I wish i can be with you
But now you're in heaven
I wish i can be with you(ouw..ho)
But now you're in heaven
I wish i can be with you
But now you're in heaven(ouw..ho)

All of the stage spotlights now shine, and now Karolina sings powerfully, her face shows a mixture of sadness and rage.

In the end, she stands up and says, "Thank You Everyone! Thank You Talvezout!" before walking off from the stage.
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

16. Estogium #Estogium41

Postby Estogium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:54 am

Estogium (Baeñen Unionee)

Looking out for Ya
Zekso
Call Me, Baby -Exo

Key:
Xillan         Xavier            Xener
ALL

(English translation here)
(Backing singers in bold, usually in any colour)

Zekso Suited: The three Estoge get ready for the performance of their lives, wish them good luck!

Estoge group Zekso will represent Estogium this year in WorldVision 44! Zekso will be singing in both Rwhitten Language and English meaning this would be the song with the most Rwhitten in it in any WorldVision Song Contest but the title is in English so you understand what they're singing about. Zekso consists of Xillan Rio, Xavier Hollander and Xener Syreno, from the left to the right. These tree also dance along with the song and are expected to blow away the audience in WorldVision.

Xillan - Like the rest, Xillan was born in Aloquirbe and attended The Music School of Aloquirbe. As a child, Xillan had a very happy upbringing. His family owned franchises around Aloquirbe and Estogium, so he would travel to Estogium regularly. Xillan thought that to be successful, you needed a boost from people like your parents. And his thoughts are true as he was quickly accepted in to the Music School where he was one of the star performers, especially in the rap section of the school. Xillan , now, is 24 years old.

Xavier - Arguable the lead of the group, Xavier is a handsome, impressive person who lives off perfection. Xavier, from a young age, showed Talent as he won 4 school shows during the first 16 years of his life in three different schools. Xavier, he claims, used to be teased in school which lead to him applying to the Music School of Aloquirbe. And due to his previous success, he got accepted. Whilst in the enrollment. He joined Xillan and they made a Rap-Sing Duo.

Xener - Even though he was the last member of Zekso, he wasn't the last to know both of these lads. Xener and Xillan used to attend the sams secondary school before Xillan (followed by Xener) went to the Music School of Aloquirbe. When Xener first arrived, he shared a room with Xavier, but he explained his relationship as "distant" as they were only casual with each other. Xener and Xillan used to hang out when Xillan used to not practise with Xavier. Xillan recommended Xener to join the duo making the group a trio, and therefore the birth of Zekso.

Zekso, in their music school, was just as big as other bands in their school. However, Zekso got called by UCRTV and ESTV to perform on television to the ABEN leaders and ever since then, Zekso has performed to their own audience and more on television. UCRTV then called Zekso and said they will be allowed to represent Estogium in the WorldVision Song Contest. They accepted and they decided to write a new song and not go with their old songs they've performed before. They also decided to sing half of the song in Britonish to give tribute to Estogium's official language.

The three Estoge men walked on the stage, standing side by sand. Then then stood looking out in to the audience, the camera currently focusing on them. They have a headpiece instead of an ordinary microphone in their hands. As the crowd started to cheer, all the lights focused on the three men on the stage. Suddenly, a woman wearing ripped jeans and a blue blouse walks on stage. She is on her phone and looks as though she is looking for directions to go to somewhere. As Xavier notices the girl, he is smitten by her and Xillan notices. Xillan then starts to sing;

Shawaet vhe acciones d'lirawai (We'll show the actions of our love)
Memorzare osov rawai rapide ellivate (I think it's time we're speeding up)
Sawore vhe partienpopre gia, Boom, Boom, Boom! (I can see the fireworks go...Boom, Boom, Boom!)

As Xillan and Xavier started to walk forward, Xener ran to catch up. The woman kept on walking on the other side of the stage, the spotlights following them. The stage transformed to a New York at night theme. As the woman stopped, Xavier took his approach towards the woman but as he started to walk, Xener put his hand on his shoulder stopping him for walking any further. With a sigh, Xavier turned to Xener and listened to what he was singing, this is what he said;

Yo Bro,
Tellulare non vis bia easve, (I can't tell you this will be easy)
Pendence vha resulta bia fuxar. (But the results will be pleasing)
Œ gairawai castyjo, lever avecieme iñe zeloet en vhe chê. (And when we go home, you'll leave with a smile upon your face.)

Xavier listened to him but he was too pre-occupied on focusing on the girl and therefore he started to fade towards her. The stage then started to light up even more as the setting changed from the night time to the day time. Xavier ran up to the girl and held out his hand.

Hold my hand!
Dura durie pasque vha knoge (I'll dance you through the night!)
Possetie mu vriste, hacer uiyres, femine (Just take my hand, I will clench yours, girl.)
Gairo no de uiy nor vhe estoque de ciel (I won't let go of you for the earth or the stars above)

Not impressed yet?
Iñe carriageh loa'à vha knoge. (A carriage ride to look at the night.)
Uiyr oje sqo'à ficeable, sawo'en de satilitite (Your eyes shine so bright, I can see them shine from the satellites)

The crowd swooned as he stopped the girl from walking any further and held her hand. Xavier and the girl walked forwards, closer to the crowd while the other two men followed cautiously behind. Xener and Xillan looked as though there were making fun of Xavier and his deluded thoughts. The lights in the arena starting flashing on and off repetitively.

No time to...
Sellular abis vha'atura, (Speak about the date)
Rodesirie gia œ hodar femine, ivet fem'en bias, (You need to go and get her, meet her in centre)
And make sure you're on time.

Polish your shoes to liqourice black
Humour, you need, something you lack.
Call me crazy, or Call you lazy,
Call me crazy, or Call you lazy.
Don't over panic, you'll lose your wife.
Without her, you'll have a sour life.
Call me hasty,
but I'm looking out for ya.

As Xavier let go of the girl and and started to dance in unison with his fellow singers, you could hear the crowd cheering loudly. The camera watched the people in the audience as the camera zoomed out to see the whole arena and then forwards towards the stage. Xavier then pointed at the camera as he sang the next part of the song.

All of this worry is necessary,
This is 'cuz you're the chosen one, chosen one. (Chosen one)
You're an important friend to us,
And we're someone who you can trust.
Call me afraid, or Call me hasty,
I say you're ready, look at the time,
I'm looking for ya.

Here, they repeated the same things they did during the chorus. This time though, they circled around the girl as the girl looked at her phone swaying to the beat of the music. The stage kept on changing colours, representing each season. At every beat from "I say you're ready" sparklers shot up in to the ceiling.

Baby, Girl...
Uiyr eau'à arque (Your perfume is aromatic)
Uiyr oje crea mu frantikque (Your eyes make me frantic)
Liro'tu œ ro complecto (I love you and now I am complete)

And, I have to add Your teeth are so pearly white,
Your hair delicately interweaves,
And your blue eyes sparkle like the sea.

Xavier started to walk to the other side of the stage with the woman, whilst the other two men walked the other way, shaking the hands of people in the audience.

Polish your shoes to liqourice black
Humour, you need, something you lack.

Don't over panic, I'll lose my wife.
Without her, I'll have a sour life.

Call me hasty, but I'm looking out for ya.

The smoke machines, as per usual, started to creep on go the stage, turning the mokd from a very happy mood to a quite murky feeling, a feeling where you don't know what's going to happen next. The arena was black and people started to get out their mobile phones.

Yesterday was so far in the past, baby.
Oh, you don't have to worry 'bout a future without me
I love you to much to let you go!

ZEK
SO, Baby, Baby.

Zekso!
Life's a funfair, you go, to every ride to see your favourite
And when you don't like the ride, you feel sick, make a quick exit, mind your head.
But if you're a thrill seeker, you go on that ride again.
I'm looking out for ya!

All of the men got in to a row and danced like they did at the start. The camera was focused on the three men as they pointed out in to the audience and sparklers erupted in the arena. The crowd roared in excitement. During the chorus, confetti flowed from the arena's ceiling on to the audience.

BABY! BABY!
Tell me how it goes, hopefully not wrong.
Go on through the night, though don't be long.
Don't be long, 'cuz your the one.
Polish my shoes, liqourice black
Humour, I need, something I lack.

Give us a dial if you need a boost, as we don't want you to lose,
Don't over panic, you'll lose your wife.
Without her, you'll have a sour life.
Call me hasty, but I'm looking out for ya.

"Thank-you, Talvezout. Thanks for having us, enjoy your evening" said Xavier as the rest said "Bye" in Unison.
Last edited by Estogium on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Aloquirbe
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aloquirbe » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:55 am

Aloquirbe (Baenen Unionee)

Our Right, Unite
Niltche Eriksen
Sia - Alive - Men's Version

Aloquirbe would like to present you with Niltche Eriksen. Niltche was chosen to sing a song originally made by Elouisa Balham, who decided not to participate due to medical reasons. Niltche was chosen by her and UCRTV as a great subsitute and instead of using the lyrics of Elouisa, he decided to change the lyrics to make it suit him and his image more. After Elouisa granted this and vowed to use those lyrics for another time when she signs up to represent Aloquirbe in WorldVision 45 or 46, Niltche started practising for his performance here, in Talvezout.

What a tiger! : Niltche posses for the camera, reading to wow his audience

Niltche is currently 23 years old and was born in Alosable, Aloquirbe. Being from Alosable, he was bought up in a very sports-filled place. As a young boy, Niltche went to a drama school where they would do around 9 hours of physical education (Dance for Drama piece, PE, Active Drama) every week, he attended singing lessons on a Saturdays, and have one day, Sunday, to rest but to do his homework. At the age of 10, Niltche went on a tour expressing his drama Talent. From this, he was chosen as one of the children in the Britonish Movie, "Off to The Bias." A movie based on Telm Bias seperating from Telm City. Ever since then, Niltche has also had the time to participate in musical showings in Britonisea, Aloquirbe and Estogium as well as touring nations within the UCR Region. At the age of 16, Niltche stopped musical work to focus on his Music career. The first few years of his career were hard for him as he released an album with 14 songs, none of which featured in the Top 40 in the ABEN Union nor did one of them feature in the ABEN Christmas Charts. Deeply upset, Niltche took to the gym to persue his modelling career. He posed for many adverts, mostly adverts for men's products such as underwear or cologne. During WorldVision 41, when ABEN won their first contest, Niltche said that he was "Inspired and [I] felt a taste of nostalgia." Since 2027 (WV41), Niltche has released some songs which are on his "UNITE" album. In 2030 (Around WV42/3) Niltche reached ABEN No.1 with the song, "My Kingdom" which stayed No.1 for a phenomenal seven weeks straight. One of those weeks was the Christmas week. He finally achieved a Christmas No.1 becoming the first Aloquirbic personality to achieve this. His song, "Unidos" was also Christmas No.1 in 2031 and his WorldVision Song "Our Right, Unite" is Christmas Number this year, 2032, which was announced a few days ago.

Road to Yaru-Bzheruit

In Mehlodhifehstivalhene (Aloquirbic Version to Britonish Fehstivalhen), Niltche came second to winner, Elouisa Balham. In preparation for this contest, Elouisa had to pull out because she caught a throat infection and the Doctors stated that Elouisa won't be able to sing for weeks. Aloquirbe did not want to pull out, because we haven't participated since the 42nd WorldVision Song Contest. So instead, we got second place, Niltche, to change the lyrics and sing the song. Both singers were happy and although Elouisa couldn't speak a lot, she gave her advice to better his performance. In the past few weeks, the choreography of the song has been made and involves Niltche having to wear a microphone attached to his face. It is a performance people are anticipating.

Not only Aloquirbe, but the ABEN Union is expected to have a record breaking viewing percentage of people watching WorldVision for the pop star, as this song is so popular already in ABEN.

"It's an honour to be here and I would like to thank the public for so much support, and I will make my thanks more effective my giving you a show-stopping performance. Which I expect with not just make Aloquirbe proud, but every country including rivals, Estogium."

(Brackets here) = Backing singers. They usually start when Niltche sings the penultimate word in his line.
Bolded = Backing singers singing with Niltche in harmony.

Put on a shirt, man! : Niltche goes formal but laid back for his WorldVision debut

The pianist on the stage starts to play the song. The camera is focused on the person's hand as he glides from note to note. There was tiny water droplets falling from the roof of the arena on to the stage. A picture of him posing in his trademarked boxer underwear appeared on the screen, a few girls started to scream, especially the ones in the front row. While the men in the arena starting whistle and shouting "Alright, mate!" Still behind the stage, and with the camera focused on the piano player he began to sing his song.

Hours before the earthquake hit,
Days before the tsunami took our souls,
Weeks before the volcano erupted,
I knew.
Hey, don't run away, don't be afraid of the beast.
Don't be the meek, the weak, stay right close to me.
I felt your fear inside, but your face could've fooled me,
But I know...

One topless man, of the same build as him, and a woman came walking on but they were holding Niltche up. Niltche jumped off them and headed for the microphone which was getting drenched in the "rain". A white light was focused on him as blue lights flood the rest of the stage. He looked in to the camera.

It might be late at night, we might be lost,
We're in the ocean.
Paddling through the blue, dark waters with devotion.
With each splash of water leads an inch closer to 'em
It's our right.

At the end of this part, he kicked down the microphone and the microphone stand as he jumped and punched the air. Meanwhile, red flames were leashed from both sides of the stage wowing the audience. A loud cheer was heard which encouraged Niltche to dance along to the next part of the song. The topless man and the man came in line with Niltche. As the camera moved along the stage from one corner to the next, he sung the next part;

It is our right,
We must fight!
Through the day,
And the night!

Let's unite! (It's not as easy as said and done)
We'll win the fight! (There is a chance, but it could go wrong)
Let's reach the height,
It's our right!

During the chorus, he was dancing alongside the two dancers which featured a mix of old classic, well-known dancing crazes but also feature body-popping from the two dancers. As he finished the chorus, the stage lit up a bright blue, and the dancers ran off and started to do a type of ball room dancing. The camera followed their movements.

Reaching a city where no-one knows me, is tough.
With no money at hand, I had to sleep rough.
Looking at business owners, I feared my world's corrupt.
A long way up.

Niltche winked at the camera and the audience and pointing straight 'at the viewers watching at home.' 2 violinists walked on stage. A female, who was wearing a long white dress and a male, who was wearing a white three piece suit. They then sat on the piano started playing their violins.

It might be late at night, we might be lost,
We're in the ocean.
Paddling through the blue, dark waters with much devotion.
With each splash of water leads an inch closer to 'em
It's our right.

The rain was still pouring, it was a gentle rain. The dancers came in a line to the singer and repeated what happened in the first chorus.

Each day and night,
We must fight!
This ride is nearly over,
We must do one thing,

Unite (It's not as easy as said and done)
More of us, we'll thrive (There is a chance, but it could go wrong)
Let's reach the height,
It's our right!

I need to stop, I kept pad'lin'
It is too high, but I kept climbing,
It is too far, I kept walking...
It is too cold, I kept warm, yeah.
It is too hot, but I kept sweating,
But now you're here, pat yourself on the back
Our time, ain't done yet, no.
Our right, is to unite, oh...

As the chorus finished, the stage colour changed from a light blue to a dark purple and you could hear thunder. The rain on the front of the stage started to get harder as the white light started to flash on and off. Large fans were turned on which gave the audience a quite cold feeling as he sang the next part.

Hatred, a fire, is rumbling in me,
My right, a passion, has overcome me,
Raindrop, emotions, fall all over me,
Syncopate your beat, to my heart beat.
I was a dag, and he dug, pressuring me,
I'm fighting for your heart, A right of mine.
But something inside is telling me to stop chasing you...
But there is one thing on my mind....

All this pathetic fallacy stopped. He was singing in to the mic towards the audience. Asking them rhetorical questions. The colour of the stage wasn't any colour. But a white light was still present.

It is our right,
We must fight!
Through the day,
And the night!
Should we unite? (You took a chance, the chance ain't working, You took a chance, the chance ain't working )
Should we unite? (You plan didn't work, yet your still pleading? You plan didn't work, yet your still pleading?)
Should we unite? (It is your choice, though I ain't recommending)
Is it my right?

To unite! (It's not as easy as said and done)
A flying kite, (There is a chance, but it could go wrong)
Will reach the height,
If we unite...
Unite (It's not as easy as said and done)
More of us, we'll thrive (There is a chance, but it could go wrong)
Let's reach the height,
It's our right!

He finished with his hands in the air. The stage flashed white and switched off as the strobe lights turned on the audience. There was a loud applause. "Thank-you, WorldVision."
Last edited by Aloquirbe on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow Britonish Television on twitter for the latest updates: Right Here!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:50 am

18 - Normandy and Picardy
Desmat - Fools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdJtFFreK4

Fans waiting for the act for Normandy and Picardy at WorldVision 44 had been expecting the act to come from the Festivalé pau Norgwéan, but for the second year in a row BNRT turned at the last minute to an internal selection. Although the reasons for last time are well known, this time it is less clear. However, it is believed that a lack of international juries involved in the show was to blame. It is believed that this decision was made by the new head of delegation for Normandy and Picardy, Martin Futaro. Instead of the expected winner of the contest, "Qué Sené Ador" by Emja Sarige, the song that will go to the contest will be "Fools" by Desmat, a Normand pop-rock group from Bayeux. This is interesting, as it suggest that BNRT have decided to go back to the style that served them well in WV36 after the disaster that was the last contest. The song was even written with the help of "The Subtle Swords" frontman Andrew Martin, who has worked on other successful Normand WorldVision acts. The group, known for their ethnic influences and who have previously sung in the Iucali language of the Normand mountains, have toned it down here in what is a fun pop-rock song, albeit with thought provoking lyrics. Lead singer, Tumar Luka, told ACTUER "I am confident we can back into the Top 10, which is all we want to do. Really, we just want to have a bit of fun. Of course, we'd love to win it but there are so many good songs from other countries". This is important to BNRT, who are still shocked by the disaster that was last edition's entry, and who have set themselves the target of returning to the Top 10 as swiftly as possible.

As aforementioned, Desmat are a Normand pop-rock group, very much like the more famous Subtle Swords, who are all from the south-western town of Bayeux. It is composed of Tumar Luka, Andres Verlli, Senno Djetos, Edvard Munch and Desmond Dralle. You can see that the band got it's name from the initials of the first names of all the members (like ABBA, but the name isn't as good). The group appeared on the 2nd series of Normand show "Téol" ("Star", the Normand equivalent of Britain's Got Talent) and came second to gymnastics group AÉRÖS, but have been much more successful out of it. They have released an album, "Länütlla" ("Hope" in the Iucali Language), and are releasing their second album, "Fools", after WorldVision.

As the Postcard for Normandy and Picardy is shown, the Normand section of the crowd cheers loudly, knowing their act is performing now, and the rest cheer like normal people. As the postcard ends and the final preparations are finished, the crowds stop cheering in anticipation of the song. The stage is dark, and nothing can be made out. As the must begins, the lights slowly fade on and off, showing Tumar walking to the front, where the rest of the band already sit, with guitars, drums, synths et al. Just before the verse ends, he reaches the front of the stage and the microphone stand, and he lifts his head up and winks. Tumar, and the rest of the band, are wearing clothes very similar to this, but the jackets are all in different colours. The background shows a TV, and the screen shows an error screen like this,but in a green and orange tribal aesthetic. The lights are have a slight orange colour. As the verse begins, the TV screen now shows a window, outside of which it is night time, and there are stars in the sky. The window slowly warps and changes, and by the end of the verse has become a set of jail bars.

We’re fools…

You see it on TV
And on the big screen
And soon you believe it
And buy everything they sell
We’re walking to our deaths
And driving over the cliff
Driven by rumours

As the bridge-type bit begins, the TV screen fades away, and now we see the first word of everything sentence, written boldly, appear and fade as life's many fleeting moments. However, they are presented like "Sale!" signs such as this one. The lights slowly become darker and lighter, and also become more orange. Throughout this, the camera is focused on Tumar, although the background can be seen.

Lies are our truth
And we follow them blindly
I’ve seen the light
But I don’t know what it is
Sleepwalking
Into the fires, always burning
Like our souls
And don’t you see what we have done now

As the chorus begins, there is a flash of light and the background changes to show a lovely green and orange floral pattern (not one of those ugly old ones, mind you), and the lights are still orange. The cameras move around the stage, showing the band as they play. During the third line, Tumar draws a cross over his heart with his hand, as the lyrics say.

Maybe we’re just fools
They seem to know the truth
As we cross our hearts and die (and die)
In the fallout zone
There is nothing wrong
Everything is real
And we’re just fools

As this little bit begins, the camera feed shows the left half of the background, showing a woman mouthing the first line, and then switches to the other half of the background to show a man the the next line, goes back to the woman, and then returns to the band.

Look at what you’ve done
Seeing’s believing
Watch yourself
Keep calm now
Tell the truth!
We’re just fools

The floral pattern remains as the background, but the orange stems and petals begin to turn black, as if they are wilting and dying. The band keep on playing throughout the verse, the cameras panning around them, and Tumar still singing. As the bridge bit begins again, the cameras turn around 360 degrees, zooming in closer on Tumar. As he sings the final two lines, the cameras are finally back to normal and he points towards the camera, presumably at the viewer at home.

Life could be better
That’s what they always say
The grass is greener on the other side

And I dream about it all day
Of all the things that could be mine
I long for it
Long to be able to touch it
And I feel
So cold and lonely and beautiful
Like our souls
And don’t you see what we have done now

As the chorus begins, the flowers seem to be peeling of the background like old wallpaper. The cameras once again pan around the stage, and apart from that not much is different.

Maybe we’re just fools
In the fallout zone
There is nothing wrong
Everything is real
And we’re just fools

The same happens as last time in this section, but smoke begins to cover the stage and the lights dim as it ends, preparing for the next little bit.

Look at what you’ve done
Seeing’s believing
Watch yourself
Keep calm now
Tell the truth!
We’re just fools

The cameras turn back to Tumar as he walks across the stage towards one of the corners, and finds a conveniently placed seat, shaped like a tree stump, to sit upon, although it is well shrouded by the smoke. There is a subtle build up in the lighting and the general feel as the song approaches the final chorus. We see the woman from earlier saying "We're all fools".

The sun rises
And it is still dark
As we sleepwalk
To our deaths without a qualm

We’re just fools

As the final chorus begins, the cameras begin panning the stage, and the audiences enjoying the peformance and singing along as the words for the chorus are shown on the background, at different angles, in different colours and made to look like they are made of broken glass.

Maybe we’re just fools
In the fallout zone
There is nothing wrong
Everything is real
And we’re just fools

As this final bit is sung, we see the band just enjoying themsleves, and taking the audience along with them. The lighting intensifies and then goes back to how it was again, and then as the song ends pyrotechnics flare for a second, before the stadium becomes black.

Look at what you’ve done
Seeing’s believing
Watch yourself
Keep calm now
Tell the truth!
We’re just fools
Look at what you’ve done
We’re just fools
Keep calm now
Tell the truth!
We’re just fools

As the band leave the stage, they shout "Marci MondeVis" to the crowd. An, as quick as that, the performance was done. All they can do now is wait.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:33 am

ATV1
Arioslavianskoye Televideniye - Pyervyi Kanal

Live from Yaru-Bzheriut, Talvezout

Good evening from Yaru-Bzheirut, this is Nikolay Gorchakov! Welcome to the 44th WorldVision Song Contest! This year, the contest is hosted for the first time by it's experienced participant - Talvezout. Let's see the opening act.

OPENING ACT

Well, as always, the main purpose of this act is to show the culture of the host country. I think that the target has been achieved. Talvezout has a great and original culture, very rich and diverse - and this act shows it. Now, it's time for the first contestant - Polkopia. I would like to remind that Arioslavia will perform as number 8.

1. POLKOPIA

I think it was good, though in my opinion we'll have better songs tonight. But as always, Polkopia will probably get a lot of points and this song is a good candidate for a winner.

2. TALVEZOUT

Nice! Well, Talvezout is a host and this will probably help them tonight. But I actually liked it.

3. SWORD BLOKE

Well, a bloody song, as usually... By the way, I've information from ITAR-TASS that our Ministry of Defense decided to set nuclear missles active after this song...

4. OWNER-OSITY

Arioslavians make him vomit? I have similar feelings after hearing that song.

5. DREAMPLANET

I have information from the WV Comitee that Dreamplanet gives up this year's contest edition.

6. BRITTANY

Brittany returns in a great style. I think our military-honouring Arioslavian audience will like it. Sophie was great tonight. Now - another great (let's hope) return - Ekoz!

7. EKOZ

To be honest, I'm disappointed. Well, it's visible that Jorge tried to do his best but... it could be much better. Not what I expected. Now, ladies and gentlemen, it's our turn! Arioslavia!

8. ARIOSLAVIA

Well, of course I like it, but it can have trouble with getting points. The WV audience didn't expect a patriotic song, I think. But, maybe I'm not right? I hope so!

9. MITOLAND

Nice, but quite typical song. But it can be an unexpected winner as well.

10. ETHANE

Interesting. Not my favourite, but I wish him all the best!

11. NEW TUVA SSR

Our Tuvan comrades made quite an interesting song, although a bit strange one...

12. MISTER X

Ok, ok, ok... You should never even try to have a romance with a Mister X-ian woman. It can be dangerous to both her and you! Next one is Volusca Primj.

13. VOLUSCA PRIMJ

I like it! Honestly, it's good. Very WV-styled.

14. ELECTRUM

No, no, no... Next one, please!

15. ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

This was interesting! A very good debut. It was quite... exotic. And I think our audience should like it.

16. ESTOGIUM

Well, the melody is nice... but that's all. These young men are probably good singers but their voice is not very... uhm... masculine. I don't like this tendencies, but they're quite common, unfortunetely. Next one is Aloquirbe, another representant of Baenen Unionee.

17. ALOQUIRBE

Well, it could be much better if Elouisa had sang it. Too bad she can't... Eh, this guy has everything except voice. The song itself is ok. But honestly - please, Britonisea, come back!

18. NORMANDY AND PICARDY

As always, Normandy and Picardy gives us a piece of good music. I like it.

19. BLOODBATH GENERATION

The song itself was good, but I think its lyrics are even more nationalist than Arioslavian ones. We'll see if this will conquer the hearts of the audience.

20. OISINISTAN

I'm not sure about this song. Not a winner, that's for sure.

21. IZMEDU

My personal favourite! Not a surprise, it's Izmedu. Great, a bit old-style, but finally we can hear the singer's real emotion! I wish them all the best.

22. KALOSIA

Well, Kalosia usually is perceived as as a must-win nation in WV... but not this time, I think. But they may get some points.

23. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES

No... Please... Why it has to be so vulgar? This is... nasty!

24. THE SARIAN

Not bad, but I don't think it's tonight winner. It's a good song but I'm afraid it gets forgotten by voters.

25. BOLGE ARAZI

26. ADAB

Sadly, I don't think it can win. Well, I like Salman, he's a very nice guy but maybe Adab should send another singer than in previous edition. The song was good but hey - it sounds like we're in 1965!

27. LYMANTATIA

Another old school song. Not exactly what we expect at the WV.

28. TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

That was great and I think it can compete with Izmedu or Polkopia.

29. KASANOVA-KORATICA

Very controversial performance. Very Gertrude Pullman-styled. Well, pious nations will probably not vote for them, but such an Atheist nation like us? Why not? Speaking of pious nations - where is The Associated Godlands?
Last edited by Arioslavia on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:17 pm

19. Bloodbath Generation
Sun Brigade- Naştere şi cuceri (Rise and Conquer)
to the tune of Lashyn- Zhasa Tugan Zherim

Fillorana opened the song, a single spotlight shining on her as her voice echoed across the arena.

Naştere şi cuceri (Rise and Conquer)
Auzi cântecul meu. (Hear the song of my people)

The stage was still dark as a second voice, that of Arielle, came on.

Rise
Rise~
La la la la la lai
Rise~

Suddenly, the stage was engulfed in a burst of light as Arielle (wearing a billowing see-through grey dress adorned with Yalkut flowers and Fillorana in a sheek silver evening gown were on either side of lead singer Jade. Jade was wearing a cerulean and white dress. All three strutted from the back of the stage to the middle, mics in hand.

Rise
Rise~
La la la la la lai
Rise~

Arielle took the first verse, a sort of deep whisper.

Suntem un popor regatul. (We are a people united)
Incearca sa ne puna în jos (They try to put us down)
Insa intotdeauna am luptat înapoi (But we have always fought back)
Venim din lume. (We came from across the world)
Incalcarea libera de opression. (Breaking free from opression)
Să fie împreună. (to be together)

Fillorana took the next verse, making constant eye contact with the camera, sticking her hand out to it at times.

Cuceri demoni facem faţă (Conquer the demons you face)
Ia mâna mea, pentru suntem unul (Take my hand, for we are one)
purjarea acelasi sânge. (Bleeding the same blood)

Arielle continues as the background becomes a sunrise.

Să crească pentru
noile de persoane (Rise for the dawn of the people)
Este ceva ce nu poate ignora (It is something you cannot ignore)
Să crească pentru
nostru este acum (It is our time)

All three join in for the chorus, as do three unseen backing singers.

Naştere şi cuceri. (Rise and conquer)
Naştere, patrioti (Rise, compatriots)
Atitudine impotriva
nedreptatii (Take a stand against injustices)
A de la casele (Out from your homes)
Pe strada (and onto the streets)

Arielle took the next verse in English.

We are yearning, for our freedom
We are searching for our promised land

Jade joins her as they both remove their mics off the stand and strut down towards the runway.

Glory flows through our golden hearts
like the river and its crashing waves
Now we have little under our cursed name
What are we now, the enemy?

Jade is now seen alredy at the end of the runway and on a platform. The camera is on a tight closeup of her as she takes the bridge.

Să crească pentru
Este ceva ce nu poate ignora (It is something you cannot ignore)
Să crească pentru
nostru este acum (It is our time)

Arielle and Fillorana strut down the runway to join Jade at the platform. Flags of both the Romani nation and Bloodbathian state are being waved feverently around them, and the camera pans around them and the receptive crowd.

Atitudine impotriva
Acum pe strada (and now onto the streets)

Another, more intense instrumental break follows, this time with traditional ethnic singing included with the drums and mouth harp. The three women are now dancing in place to the delight of the Bloodbathian/Romani crowd below them. After about 20 seconds of this, they finish the final chorus with a rising platform, with red, blue and green (the original Bloodbathian flag colors) covering the parts of the rising platform for better aesthetics. Golden showers rain down the stage a la Emilee de Forest for a victorious, powerful effect on screen.

Atitudine impotriva
Acum pe strada (and now onto the streets)

The song ends with a blast of pyro and a crowd in front cheering wildly. The rest of the arena sees this as nationalist propaganda.
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Electrumite Worldvision Commentary - Network ENN

Announcer: Voted once as the best commentating duo in the entire Multiverse, it's Sonya and Max for Network ENN!
Max Hardwell: It's good to be back, isn't it Sonya?
Sonya Portelli: Gee I tell you, I miss commentating in WorldVision, but after that one edition break I'm ready and raring to go! Let's do this Max!
Max: We're in the beautiful city of Yaru-Bzheriut in Talvezout -- that postcard just says it all, doesn't it Sonya?
Sonya: Yes, we're in Talvezout -- it's a bit cold for our liking, what being in the middle of Winter and all, but I don't mind the chilly weather.
Max: Alright, let's get the show on the road, and we're at the opening songs, let's hope that it's good -- because we all know that traditionally the openings aren't the best...

0. Opening Medley
(OOC: Overture is the opening tune of the movie Dancer in the Dark whereas Electrum's New World/Dreamland is the closing song of that same movie)

Max: Wow.
Sonya: Excellent.
Max: This is the best, and I'm not exaggerating, best Opening Medley, ever, hands down.
Sonya: It is to be expected of course. That first song, is simply a remixed version of Alice Howards' Dreamland. A great instrumentation. We've always loved Talvezout and what they've done.
Max: Then we get to the vocal portion -- it is simply pure avantgarde and I just love how they've got this almost artifical experimental music and then you've got the wholesome creation lyrics. It's just excellent.
Sonya: And the celebration song at the end just capped it off. This is a great setup for what should be a good night of singing and entertainment. Electrumites, this is what you deserve after a long days work.

1. Polkopia
Max: What a great song to start off with, Sonya?
Sonya: I like this song a lot, deeply emotional and I just like those Ooohoh's, we don't see enough of those
Max: I don't know Sonya, this looks to me like another winner, as expected.

2. Talvezout

3. The Sword Bloke

4. Owner-osity

5. Dreamplanet

6. Brittanny
Max: That's some great whistling and it's peppy and upbeat.
Sonya: This song is just pleasant
Max: Just not sure about the soldiers to be honest, was it really necessary?
Sonya: Yeah well, you can't have everything can you.

7. Ekoz
Sonya: Not too shabby, and well I like this more than their previous entries they've sent
Max: I think we're in agreement here -- I just love the message, the traditional dancing
Sonya: I just didn't like that sound effect that appeared between the verses
Max: Best you ignore that, but the performance is impeccable nonetheless, and it's what we expected from Ekoz.

8. Arioslavia
Sonya: Well here's the first truly uber-patriot song in this edition of WorldVision... thoughts Max?
Max: I don't understand half the lyrics, and the lyrics I did understand I didn't like because they were too nationalistic
Sonya: I did like the pagan influence but that's as far as I'm willing to take it. Plus the soldiers.
Max: Unless you're Gregoryisgodistan, don't even bother putting soldiers in your song. Makes no sense.

9. Mitoland
Sonya: They didn't sign up for this contest but we'll review them anyways.
Max: I just love a good ballad, don't you?
Sonya: Yes, this is just great. They say it's their best entry yet, but isn't this their first one?
Max: Not sure about that. Anyways, this is a great debut and I dare say, it could even be a better version of our song.

10. Ethane

11. New Tuva SSR
Max: Not sure about the use of the phrase "Pumpkin Spice", but it's that type of phrase that doesn't make sense but is still catchy
Sonya: It is damn catchy isn't it? I love it, it's quirky.
Max: Agreed. Love the pumpkins. Maybe those lyrics could be a bit better, but I'm not complaining.
Sonya: I'm pleasantly surprised.

12. Mister X
Sonya: That was blunt.
Max: Blunt like macroeconomic monetary policy?
Sonya: No not that blunt, the other blunt.
Max: This sounds like a Missus X song, minus the Rick Leg.
Sonya: This is so brave that I like it because of that fact
Max: You've got that bad boy element there, yes.
Sonya: He's making me swoon.

13. Volusca Primj
Max: We've got another debuting entry, thoughts Sonya?
Sonya: Anica's voice is just a bit too grating for me, but it's a typical WorldVision song
Max: Agreed. Good song.

14. Electrum
Max: Have we hit a time warp here?
Sonya: Yes, this feels so old, but that's what we're here for.
Max: And what a surprise that he was gay, I never knew that.
Sonya: I betchyou that was an "Up Yours" to the New Edom folk who want to ban WorldVision on the grounds of its values
Max: Regardless, I love the music, lyrics could do with a bit of work, but given the time constraints it's good.

15. Antahbrantahstan

16. Estogium

17. Aloquirbe
Sonya: What an unpronounceable name: Niltche Eriksen
Max: Sounds like Nietschke -- fun for those of you at home. Anyways, the song. Right. That promotional photo was too provocative. Not sure what they're trying to say there.
Sonya: I like it.
Max: Alright, we get it, you like abs. He needs to put on a shirt and some pants. Back to the song, was it a good idea to change the vocals?
Sonya: I much prefer the original, and at points the lyrics don't make much sense, but it's poppy so I guess we could forgive that.
Max: It could do well, but I'm just not sure if it will.

18. Normandy and Picardy
Sonya: This is excellent.
Max: Agreed, stellar effort from Normandy and Picardy
Sonya: It's resonant and the lyrics are superb.

19. Bloodbath Generation
Last edited by Electrum on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates