NATION

PASSWORD

Discussion about the Holy Historian Confederation

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Neuve Zealandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Discussion about the Holy Historian Confederation

Postby Neuve Zealandia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Basically just post ideas and discussion in this thread

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

A try at long lasting "stability"

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:50 pm

As many of you know, when determined, we as a community can accomplish our goals. Though under normal circumstances we're usually at eachother's throats. I site our message board.

"I propose a resolution. Embargo all trade with Nuevo Illyria. Any nation a part of the Holy Historian Confederation caught trading with Nuevo Illyria is forced to go into vacation mode for a week. If evidence that nation has logged on to NationStates within that week of exile, they are expelled from the Confederation."

For this reason I sugjest we establish a congress of sorts. Similar to that of a republic. The nations of this region can discuss subjects that pretain to our region which are deemed important. We can decide upon policies, guidlines, et cetera. This will allow us enough free will to still be in control of our future, but at the same time limit our sometimes harmful nature. While some of you may ask "What's the point of an organized congress if we have Surpreme Leader?". Well, we don't want to bore him to death. Ultimately, I suppose we'll just be a wax stamp, but its important to be organized.

I now declare a Regional competition to write our Constitution. I do this by my power as the First Centurion of Limitanei. May Surpreme Leader be of aprooval in this action, of course. I would also hope to have us vote on the final choice, but an excecution like that is above my pay grade.

Gagauz Tarcil Budjak and Dobruj Peoples
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagauz Tarcil Budjak and Dobruj Peoples » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Roma MA wrote:For this reason I sugjest we establish a congress of sorts. Similar to that of a republic. The nations of this region can discuss subjects that pretain to our region which are deemed important. We can decide upon policies, guidlines, et cetera. This will allow us enough free will to still be in control of our future, but at the same time limit our sometimes harmful nature. While some of you may ask "What's the point of an organized congress if we have Surpreme Leader?". Well, we don't want to bore him to death. Ultimately, I suppose we'll just be a wax stamp, but its important to be organized.

I now declare a Regional competition to write our Constitution. I do this by my power as the First Centurion of Limitanei. May Surpreme Leader be of aprooval in this action, of course. I would also hope to have us vote on the final choice, but an excecution like that is above my pay grade.

I second this. However we need to find out how we would organize said congress, and where it would be hosted

Mandchourie
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandchourie » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Article 1. Every member of the Holy Historian Confederation must maintain a decent army and honour the expectation of generations of fallen warrior through history by winning on the battlefield.

Article 2. The Princess of Mandchourie is the cutest and the purest.

Article 3. Education should be mandatory in Confederation states so every citizen know basic world history.

Article 4. Don't forget that the Princess of Mandchourie is the cutest and the purest.

Article 5. Hiroyuki killed Moot the sinner so we can get our /his/ board. He should be revered as he deserve.

Article 6. Did I mention that the Princess of Mandchourie is the cutest and the purest?
Last edited by Mandchourie on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neuve Zealandia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neuve Zealandia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:59 pm

So first we have to work out what the officer jobs/titles should be. We have a mechanism for electing them in the build in polls system.

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Neuve Zealandia wrote:So first we have to work out what the officer jobs/titles should be. We have a mechanism for electing them in the build in polls system.

Office titles are given out by the Surpreme Leader. You forget this. We are the senate. He is Augustus. We are mearly a wax stamp. He chooses his officers. I says this as one today, if that were to change tomorrow- my voice on the matter would not.

Neuve Zealandia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Supreme Leader's Ideas

Postby Neuve Zealandia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:21 pm

The First Draft of the Constitution of the Holy Historian Confederation,

Article The First
Upon the suggestion of His most learned Number 2, Shanix, The Supreme Leader has concurred that it is time that the our most glorious confederation be managed in a more ordered manner. Therefore, the Supreme Leader does set out the following Officers that shall aid in the management of
1)
2)
3)
4)
These officers shall be elected by means of a polling election, managed by either the Supreme Leader or (name of officer in charge of polling). This shall reflect the desire of the Supreme Leader to allow the Holy Historian Confederation to prosper and grow at times where He may not be able to influence it overly. These can be called at the discretion of the (Polls officer) upon much agitation on the Message Boards or by Command of the Supreme Leader or the Delegate, should they feel that the current administration are blatantly mishandling their powers.

Article the Second
Also recognising that He wields great, unrestricted power that could be destructive to the Confederation, the Supreme Leader shall attempt to only utilise His powers with great discretion, and preferably only at the request of Members of the Congress or to reflect the

Article the Third
The Supreme Leader wishes to make clear certain rights that He believes are necessary for the preservation of the Confederation:
1) Believing that the Right to Free Speech is essential to the growth and health of the Confederation, censureship shall only be used in extreme matters. This may include spamming, but not hateful comments as these can lead to instructive debate.

Authorized by the Supreme Leader, who by the Grace of The Holy Hiroyuki did create this Confederation of Nations in the Year of 2015 Anno Domini

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagauz Tarcil Budjak and Dobruj Peoples » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:43 pm

I like Mandchourie's Odd Numbered Articles (1, 3, and 5). I also like Neuve Zealandia's First Draft too.

Also praise our lord and savior Hiroyuki :bow:

Nuevo Illyria
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Illyria » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Mandchourie wrote:Article 2. The Princess of Mandchourie is the cutest and the purest.

Article 4. Don't forget that the Princess of Mandchourie is the cutest and the purest.

Article 6. Did I mention that the Princess of Mandchourie is the cutest and the purest?

Your waifuprincess a shit

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

My contribution.

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

See the new version. This is taking up alot of space.
Last edited by Roma MA on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kingdom of Clanlandia
Civilian

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Clanlandia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Roma MA wrote:We, as citizens of The Holy Historian Confederation, do righteously issue this Regional Constitution in the name of local peace, cooperation, justice, and security. By the guiding hand of Neuve Zealandia we birth this confederacy as brothers in arms. May we uphold it on our honor.

ARTICLE I

Section 1
All legislative powers are granted to the Senate.

Section 2
Every nation shall receive one vote towards their voice on polling matters. Officers of the Region (see ARTICLE 2) will reign over talks and keep order. Neuve Zealandia also has invested power to reign over talks, however, it is not required. Meetings for the talks must be announced at least 24 hours beforehand to give citizen nations adequate time to join. A 2/3 majority is required for the execution of any policy, law, or declaration; to overturn a veto, the voting ratio must have a higher percentage than before.

Section 3
The Senate is an arm of the officers and ruler of the region, and will act as such in affairs which are relevant outside of the regional politics.

Section 4
All members of the Senate may present a policy, law, or declaration to the meeting. However, issues brought up by Neuve Zealandia precede all over topics. After Neuve Zealandia- the officers.

ARTICLE 2

Section 1
Officers are the select nations chosen by our ruler to execute his bidding, and to maintain the region during our ruler's disinterest. Officers may also only be demoted by Supreme Leader.

Section 2
For an officer to veto a bill, at least 2 must agree to do so (unless Supreme leader intervenes).

ARTICLE 3

Section 1
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is above the law.

Section 2
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is holy in all things, and is responsible for keeping historical records of our region.

Section 3
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia may veto a bill by himself, and any law which is passed by the Senate may be sent for repeal by his greatness.

Section 4
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia may not pass any policy, law, or declaration by himself. All issues must be presented to the Senate.

This is my draft. Please feel free to steal from, or add to it.

Looks good! :clap:

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagauz Tarcil Budjak and Dobruj Peoples » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Roma MA wrote:We, as citizens of The Holy Historian Confederation, do righteously issue this Regional Constitution in the name of local peace, cooperation, justice, and security. By the guiding hand of Neuve Zealandia we birth this confederacy as brothers in arms. May we uphold it on our honor.

ARTICLE I

Section 1

Section 2
Every nation shall receive one vote towards their voice on polling matters. Officers of the Region (see ARTICLE 2) will reign over talks and keep order. Neuve Zealandia also has invested power to reign over talks, however, it is not required. Meetings for the talks must be announced at least 24 hours beforehand to give citizen nations adequate time to join. A 2/3 majority is required for the execution of any policy, law, or declaration; to overturn a veto, the voting ratio must have a higher percentage than before.

Section 3
The Senate is an arm of the officers and ruler of the region, and will act as such in affairs which are relevant outside of the regional politics.

Section 4
All members of the Senate may present a policy, law, or declaration to the meeting. However, issues brought up by Neuve Zealandia precede all over topics. After Neuve Zealandia- the officers.

ARTICLE 2

Section 1
Officers are the select nations chosen by our ruler to execute his bidding, and to maintain the region during our ruler's disinterest. Officers may also only be demoted by Supreme Leader.

Section 2
For an officer to veto a bill, at least 2 must agree to do so (unless Supreme leader intervenes).

ARTICLE 3

Section 1

Section 2
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is holy in all things, and is responsible for keeping historical records of our region.

Section 3
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia may veto a bill by himself, and any law which is passed by the Senate may be sent for repeal by his greatness.

Section 4
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia may not pass any policy, law, or declaration by himself. All issues must be presented to the Senate.

I feel as if it needs more of a focus on the Holy and Confederate parts of the Holy Historian Confederation. Otherwise it is good.

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:36 pm

We, as citizens of The Holy Historian Confederation, do righteously issue this Regional Constitution in the name of local peace, cooperation, justice, and security. By the guiding hand of Neuve Zealandia we birth this confederacy as brothers in arms. May we uphold it on our honor, else lord Hiroyuki smite us.

ARTICLE I

Section 1

Section 2
Every nation shall receive one vote towards their voice on polling matters. Officers of the Region (see ARTICLE 3) will reign over talks and keep order. Neuve Zealandia also has invested power to reign over talks, however, it is not required. Meetings for the talks must be announced at least 24 hours beforehand to give citizen nations adequate time to join. A simple majority is required for the execution of any policy, law, or declaration; to overturn a veto, the voting ratio must have a higher percentage than before.

Section 3

Section 4

Section 5
To make adjustments to the Constitution, a 2/3 majority is required; this adjustment is considered a form of declaration.

ARTICLE 2

Section 1
All nations within the region can declare that their freedom has been infringed upon. If such a thing occurs, a committee will be held between the officers and Supreme Leader to decide on proper action and judgement.

Section 2
Nations of the Region may freely decide their policies without fear of Senate intervention. Only a policy, law, or declaration that was proposed by an officer or the Supreme leader may supersede their rights. Even then, a nation has the right to Section 1.

ARTICLE 3

Section 1
Officers are the messengers and enforcers of his holiness's will. They are the religious bishops which you look to for guidance. A Officer must adhere to the will of Supreme Leader, else they risk excommunication.

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4
An excommunicated nation (whether it be an officer or a normal member of society) will be shunned by its brothers and friends. Only Supreme Leader may lift the excommunication.

ARTICLE 4

Section 1
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is above the law, and is the embodiment of Hiroyuki on earth.

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Section 5
All previous sections in ARTICLE 3 are permitted to exist by his holiness.
Last edited by Roma MA on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gagauz Tarcil Budjak and Dobruj Peoples » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Roma MA wrote:We, as citizens of The Holy Historian Confederation, do righteously issue this Regional Constitution in the name of local peace, cooperation, justice, and security. By the guiding hand of Neuve Zealandia we birth this confederacy as brothers in arms. May we uphold it on our honor, else lord Hiroyuki smite us.

ARTICLE I

Section 1

Section 2
Every nation shall receive one vote towards their voice on polling matters. Officers of the Region (see ARTICLE 3) will reign over talks and keep order. Neuve Zealandia also has invested power to reign over talks, however, it is not required. Meetings for the talks must be announced at least 24 hours beforehand to give citizen nations adequate time to join. A 2/3 majority is required for the execution of any policy, law, or declaration; to overturn a veto, the voting ratio must have a higher percentage than before.

Section 3

Section 4

ARTICLE 2

Section 1
All nations within the region can declare that their freedom has been infringed upon. If such a thing occurs, a committee will be held between the officers and Supreme Leader to decide on proper action and judgement.

Section 2
Nations of the Region may freely decide their policies without fear of Senate intervention. Only a policy, law, or declaration that was proposed by an officer or the Supreme leader may supersede their rights. Even then, a nation has the right to Section 1.

ARTICLE 3

Section 1
Officers are the messengers and enforcers of his holiness's will. They are the religious bishops which you look to for guidance. A Officer must adhere to the will of Supreme Leader, else they risk excommunication.

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4
An excommunicated nation (whether it be an officer or a normal member of society) will be shunned by its brothers and friends. Only Supreme Leader may lift the excommunication.

ARTICLE 4

Section 1
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is above the law, and is the embodiment of Hiroyuki on earth.

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Section 5
All previous sections in ARTICLE 3 are permitted to exist by his holiness.

This is by far the best constitution.

Neuve Zealandia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neuve Zealandia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:40 pm

ARTICLE I

Section 1

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

ARTICLE 2

Section 1

Section 2

ARTICLE 3

Section 1

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Only amendments I'd make would be reducing votes need to pass an act to a simple majority, but keep the 2/3 supermajority for amendments to the constitutions

Menkhu
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Menkhu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Does the confederation have a goal/purpose, or is it just here to bring users from /his/ together?
Do we need a constitution?

I feel these questions should be answered before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
Last edited by Menkhu on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Menkhu wrote:Does the confederation have a goal/purpose, or is it just here to bring users from /his/ together?
Do we need a constitution?

I feel these questions should be answered before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

Without a form of government we'll just be a region with a ruler and some officers. A form of Democracy (as shown above) is the best chance we have at achieving things as a region. What is our goal? To enjoy ourselves. Maybe give out a few bloody noses along the way. That isn't for me to decide. It's for us to decide. A Constitution is required as a form of guidelines so that shit doesn't hit the fan, and if it does, it isn't as bad.

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Neuve Zealandia wrote:Only amendments I'd make would be reducing votes need to pass an act to a simple majority, but keep the 2/3 supermajority for amendments to the constitutions

I made the adjustments. They're in the first article.

Menkhu
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Menkhu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Roma MA wrote:A Constitution is required as a form of guidelines so that shit doesn't hit the fan, and if it does, it isn't as bad.

Fair enough. I'm fine with any type of constitution as long as it doesn't exert excessive control over the confederacy's member nations.

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Menkhu wrote:
Roma MA wrote:A Constitution is required as a form of guidelines so that shit doesn't hit the fan, and if it does, it isn't as bad.

Fair enough. I'm fine with any type of constitution as long as it doesn't exert excessive control over the confederacy's member nations.

Well that's kinda the point of a Confederacy right? To be a loosely organized form of state.

Occasus Portus
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Occasus Portus » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm

I would like to suggest this.

ARTICLE 5

Section 1
A Holy Council consisting of the Senate Officers will discuss and debate religious issues and vote on new Canon Laws.

Section 2
Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia has the same authority and priority in the Holy Council as in the Senate. See Article 4 Section 3.

Section 3
An Officer chosen by the Supreme Leader will have more power than the other Officers in the Holy Council but will still have less power than the Supreme Leader. This position exists in the event that Supreme Leader is not present at the Holy Council, however if how a religious issue was solved is not to the pleasure of Supreme Leader it must be repealed and revisited.

Section 4 3
Canon Laws can be proposed by any Officer,however the High Bishop will have priority over the other Officers in the Holy Council, though the Supreme Leader has priority over all.

I was thinking that the Holy Council consist of different nations than the Senate, but due to the religious aspects of the Officers as Bishops, I was forced to rewrite my proposition. If it can be agreed that the Officers have a religious role but do not have power in the Holy Council then I can rewrite it to my original draft.\

EDIT: I should have made it clearer that this was an add on to Rome MA's constitution.
Last edited by Occasus Portus on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hithlia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hithlia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Here's my version of a Constitution. Please, make any suggestions and amendments where you wish.

Constitution of the Holy Historian Confederation

Preamble

“The first general law that we discover in the very object of the society of nations, is that each individual nation is bound to contribute every thing in her power to the happiness and perfection of all the others.” – Emer de Vattel, The Law of Nations

We the Nations of the Holy Historian Confederation,

Determined to pursue the basic truths scattered amongst our Nations,
Believing in the collective power willed by Nations to determine their well-being,
Recognizing that individual Nations reserve the right to behave in accordance to their personal beliefs,
Expressing gratitude to our Holy Archivist Hiroyuki for his Being and Blessings,

Therefore,

Relinquish absolute sovereignty in favor of this Constitution of the Holy Historian Confederation.

The First Article

Section One – National dignity is inviolable. Each Nation and their Representatives to the Region shall respect the life, liberty, and integrity reserved to all.
Section Two – No factor on the being of a Nation shall be used to unjustly discriminate it from its election or appointment to a governmental function of the Region.
Section Three – The Region shall pursue justice in favor of its Nations. The Region shall further prioritize the needs of its most endangered Nations.
Section Four – The Representatives of the Region shall act with dignity while performing their respective duties.
Section Five –No Representative of the Region, while acting in a governmental function, shall punish a Nation for acting in accordance to its personal beliefs.

The Second Article

Section One – The Executive Authority of the Region shall be vested in the title of Supreme Leader.
Section Two – When this Constitution comes into effect, the Nation of Neuve Zealandia will ascend to the position of Supreme Leader.
Section Three – The Supreme Leader grants itself the final act on all governmental functions. Nations shall treat all words received from the Supreme Leader as a matter of law.
Section Four – The Supreme Leader allows itself to appoint an innumerable Nations as advisors on any issue of Regional importance. Advisors to the Supreme Leader, in an official capacity, shall not replace any elected officials of the Library.
Section Five – The Supreme Leader allows itself to dissolve any ties between an advisor to the Supreme Leader and the government.
Section Five – The Supreme Leader may appoint a special advisor who speaks on behalf of the Supreme Leader. Nations shall treat all officially-sanctioned words received from this special advisor as a matter of law.
Section Six – An advisor to the Supreme Leader relinquishes all rights granted by this Constitution should the advisor contradict the Supreme Leader.
Section Seven – Nations shall regard the Supreme Leader as a subject of the Holy Archivist Hiroyuki. The Supreme Leader shall present all religious doctrines so that the Region accurately represents the ideals of the Holy Archivist Hiroyuki.
Section Eight – When the Supreme Leader determines that the title should move onto a successor, the Nation shall vet all currently presiding Member Nations of the Library. After such process, the Supreme Leader will select one Member Nation of the Library to succeed as the Executive Authority of the Region.

The Third Article

Section One – The Legislative Authority of the Region shall be vested in the Member Nations of the Library. The titles of the Member Nations of the Library shall be the Librarian, the Archivist, the Manager, and the Director.
Section Two – The Library holds meetings concerning the well-being and functionality of the Region. In the interest of the public good, all resolutions passed by the Library shall be moved to the Supreme Leader for its final decision.
Section Three – The Librarian acts as the head of the Library. The Librarian shall be the sole official within the Library to bring matters to a vote. Following the passage of a resolution, the Librarian shall pass the resolution to the Supreme Leader.
Section Four – The Archivist shall oversee all religious activity in accordance with the wishes of the Holy Archivist Hiroyuki within the Region.
Section Five – The Manager shall oversee all secular, intraregional activity.
Section Six – The Director shall oversee all secular, interregional activity. The Director may serve as Regional Delegate to the World Assembly only on the word of the Supreme Leader.
Section Seven – A resolution is considered passed if one-half of the Library votes in favor of the resolution.

The Fourth Article

Section One – The Judicial Authority of the Region shall be vested in the body of the Court.
Section Two – The Supreme Leader shall nominate any Nation of the Region to serve as the Judge of the Court. The Library will then consider the nomination and vote. The nominated Nation shall be considered appointed to Judge if it receives one-half of the votes in favor of appointment.
Section Three – The Court is bound by the Constitution and laws passed by the Supreme Leader. Decisions determined by the Court shall follow all rules where they apply.

The Fifth Article

Section One – All titles received before the passage of this Constitution are considered null and void.
Section Two – Amendments to this Constitution require Nations of the Region to collectively agree. An agreement of this magnitude requires three-fourths of votes in favor of amending the Constitution.

Roma MA
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma MA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Sorry for not linking your post Occasus. It's hhard on my tablet. The only problem I have with that is it'll uplift some of the senators to a more holy status. It would lead to having two power houses. And since Supreme leader is our sole religious leader. I (personally) believe only he should decide our religious beliefs and laws.

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Reformatted, looks nicer. Text fits a Religious Confederation.

The Constitution of the Holy Historian Confederation
We, as citizens of The Holy Historian Confederation, do righteously issue this Regional Constitution in the name of local peace, cooperation, justice, and security. By the guiding hand of Neuve Zealandia we birth this confederacy as brothers in arms. May we uphold it on our honor, else lord Hiroyuki smite us.

ARTICLE I: Rights to Legislation and Senatorial Power
    • Section 1
      • The Senate, acting in the best wishes of Lord Hiroyuki himself, is granted full and total powers of Legislation, to better band together, protect, and promote the peoples of the Holy Historian Confederation
    • Section 2
      • Every nation of Historia, by Lord Hiroyuki's grace, shall be granted rights to vote in the Senate. Those who represent Lord Hiroyuki himself, the Officers (see Article 3) are recognized as moderators of Debate and Senate. They are Lord Hiroyuki's Paragons. His First Prophet, Neuve Zealandia also holds special powers of moderation of Debate and Senate should need arise.
        • Meetings for the Debate must be announced at least 24 hours beforehand to give citizen nations adequate time to join.
        • A 2/3 majority is required for the execution of any policy, law, or declaration.
        • A greater percentage is required to veto any Legislation.
    • Section 3
      • The Senate is an arm of the Lord Hiroyuki, and by extension, the officers and ruler of the region, and will act as such in affairs which are relevant politics of regions beyond Historia.
    • Section 4
      • All members of the Senate may present a policy, law, or declaration to meeting.
        • Issues and discussions announced by Neuve Zealandia precede all over topics.
        • Officers of the Holy Confederation shall retain Rights Secunudus in precedence of their issues and discussions.
    ARTICLE 2: Rights to Freedoms
    • Section 1
      • All nations of the Holy Historian Confederation retain the right to declare their freedoms unjustly infringed upon by outside parties, whether within or without the Confederation.
        • If such a declaration surfaces, a committee will be convened between the Confederation's Officers and Supreme Leader to decide on proper action and judgement.
    • Section 2
      • Nations of the Region may freely decide their policies without fear of Senate intervention.
        • Only a policy, law, or declaration that was proposed by an officer or the Supreme leader may supersede their rights.
        • Even then, a nation has the right to Section 1.
    ARTICLE 3: Rights to Office and Status
    • Section 1
      • Officers are the messengers and enforcers of his holiness's will. They are the religious bishops which you look to for guidance. A Officer must adhere to the will of Supreme Leader, else they risk excommunication.
    • Section 2
      • Officers are the select nations chosen by our ruler to execute his bidding, and to maintain the region during our ruler's disinterest. Officers may also only be demoted by Supreme Leader.
    • Section 3
      • For an officer to veto a bill, at least 2 must agree to do so (unless Supreme leader intervenes).
    • Section 4
      • An excommunicated nation (whether it be an officer or a normal member of society) will be shunned by its brothers and friends. Only Supreme Leader may lift the excommunication.
    ARTICLE 4: Rights of Supreme Leadership
    • Section 1
      • Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is above the law, and is the embodiment of Hiroyuki on earth.
    • Section 2
      • Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia is holy in all things, and is responsible for keeping historical records of our region.
    • Section 3
      • Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia may veto a bill by himself, and any law which is passed by the Senate may be sent for repeal by his greatness.
    • Section 4
      • Supreme Leader Neuve Zealandia may not pass any policy, law, or declaration by himself. All issues must be presented to the Senate.
    • Section 5
      • All previous sections in ARTICLE 3 are permitted to exist by his holiness.

Menkhu
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Menkhu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 pm

We need to devise a succession policy, in case something happens to the Supreme Leader. I also think it is foolish to refer to the current Supreme Leader in name in the constitution.
I know this might seem like an overly pessimistic suggestion, given the young age of our confederacy, but many nations and empires have fallen because they considered their leader immortal.

Hithlia wrote:Here's my version of a Constitution. Please, make any suggestions and amendments where you wish.

This is fantastic. The best one I've seen yet.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates