NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision 42 - Caen, Normandy and Picardy [IC-OPEN]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 pm

OOC: I know I said Sanomi, but I couldn't make it work. Here's a substitute song instead.

21. ELECTRUM

Song: "What You've Missed"
Aritist: Kane McDermott
Tune: Super Freak by Rick James

After a protracted selection process, Network ENN had narrowed it down internally into two finalists. Network ENN weren't used to this situation happening as they were used to the audience/international juries choosing the songs, but they had to pick and decided to go for Jacinta Pitjantjatjara's song about rural life in Electrum -- but alas, Jacinta pulled out at the last minute due to her pregnancy with a child, so by default, Kane McDermott got the Electrum spot by default. Network ENN went for a funk song, in the usual tradition of changing genres every edition -- a drastic shift from the dramatic duet from last edition which placed 9th. Network ENN executives are hoping a return to the third place spot on the podium -- Electrum hasn't been on that spot since Worldvision 38.

McDermott goes on stage with a mysterious lady, who turns out to play the role of a former lover/girlfriend in this song. The stage was plunged into darkness until suddenly the instantly recognisable riff sounded, and the spotlight was the two people on stage. They are sitting on a park bench, and she immediately pushes him away (apparently to break up with him), and she walks off stage. McDermott then stands up, dusts his leather jacket and starts singing.

You've made a terrible choice
You're going to regret this forever
I'm as free as I'll ever be
You bet I'm off the market, oh man

I'm a sexy womaniser
And I've already replaced you
You've chosen the wrong man to break up
It's never my fault, oh, no

All of a sudden, as soon as 'sexy womaniser' was spoken, a bevy of ladies comes up to him and start dancing seductively. They are wearing leg warmers, some have stockings, some have pony tails and all of them were of different ethnicities. They also sing the backing vocals from now on, supporting Kane throughout the song. One of them jiggles and twerks on stage, whereas another one is clutching his hand -- he spins her around. The lights are pulsing green and red, and are projecting in all directions.

I'm going to forget you
(Look at what you're missing)
I've found a girl unlike you
(Wasted opportunity)
I'll kiss her in front of you
(He makes me tingle)
She's my very own face leech
(No shame at all)
I'm all right, I'm all right

And we're feeling fine
Hey, hey, hey-heeeey

Look at what you've missed, what you've missed
This is what you're missing, yow
What you've missed, what you've missed

As Kane is having fun and enjoying the disco dancing, the lady who broke up with him reappears on stage, all of a sudden the lights stop and the spotlight is on them two again. She crawls and tries to work her way up, but he steps back, making her fall to the ground. But she is very persistent, as she stands back up and begs in his face. He just ignores her and continues to sing. The group of ladies form a circle around him and spin, acting as a barrier.

You played with my emotions
(What an awful thing to do)
You think you were god's gift to me
(Broke on your fall, yeah)
But I don't have to endure your passive aggression
Or your smirk
(Do it to someone else)
Don't come back with an apology
(Not even a sorry)
With your tail between your legs
Not even all the money in the world will bring me back
Cause you don't deserve me

'The ex-girlfriend' gives him a push whilst money falls from the ceiling. She walks away in a disgruntled manner, and the party restarts again. In particular, this lady comes up to him and starts to kiss him, while he's singing (Not sure how that's possible, but we'll go with it).

I'm going to forget you
(Look at what you're missing)
I've found a girl unlike you
(Wasted opportunity)
I'll kiss her in front of you
(He makes me tingle)
She's my very own face leech
(No shame at all)
I'm all right, I'm all right

And we're feeling fine
Hey, hey, hey-heeeey

Look at what you've missed, what you've missed
This is what you're missing, yow

The girls continue dancing (as in the video), this time Kane pulls out an electric guitar from out of nowhere, and starts playing it -- not really, since he is just fake playing it.

This is the end
(Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oooooh)
What you've missed, What you've missed
Look at what you're missing
(Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oooooh)

You've made a terrible choice
You're going to regret this forever
I'm as freer as I'll ever be
You bet I'm off the market,

Take it away!

Roses are thrown onto the stage as Kane finishes the solo and walks off.
Last edited by Electrum on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm

22. IZMEDU
Terezija Novak - Beautiful Chaos

The final and admittedly disappointing result from WorldVision 41 caused RTI to re-evaluate much of its future plans. While Koraljka's 15th is by no means a horrible placing, it was a considerable dip from the 6th attained in WorldVision 40, and Memory's chart performance left much to be desired, charting at #18 during WorldVision week. RTI look a long self-examination as to why this happened, finding much complacency on behalf on the WV team due in part to the legal battles the channel faced in the previous WV cycle. Some in the channel also attested the song's lyrical and musical weaknesses as well as the unusual circumstances behind the selection. Regardless, RTI wiped the slate clean for WV42 and re-opened applications for artists, mirroring the old method. However, RTI had a much more different and stricter criteria, as well as adopting greater measures to ensure that the WV41 selection fiasco would not happen again. To the channel's surprise, around 200 artists had sent songs to the channel, representing a jump from the 30 in the previous cycle. The field had been musically strong, but there was one name in the selection pool that instantly caught the channel's attention, Terezija Novak.

Terezija is a moderately successful dance-pop singer who rose to fame after her performance style and voice caught the attention of renowned music producer, Pavle, who she produced her first extended play with. Her music style is often described as atmospheric and melancholy, despite the dance production she places in her songs. The EP, titled Fade, was a small collection of 4 original downbeat dance tracks that garnered a positive critical reception as well as decent sales. It put Terezija into the limelight for the first time, and allowed her to embark on a concert tour around Izmedu that would display her performance capabilities and music for a live audience. Acclaimed by many Izmeduan music critics during the tour to have 'an almost extreme gravitas that forces one to pay attention, as well as a stunning voice...' Terezija had a sold-out tour on her hands, and quickly found herself with more fame than she could ever imagine.

Terezija, since the era of her initial success two years ago, has yet to release any music since. In those two years, Terezija had been trying to write new music, but to no avail, each demo that came out was not to her standards. There was also the added pressure of releaing new music before one became 'stale' in the notoriously fickle Izmeduan music industry. After a bout of frustration, as well as a day of walking out alone in the Izmeduan wilderness, Terezija had a shadow of a viable song in her mind. Immediately, she set upon writing it, with the lyrics coming to her fairly quickly. With this in hand, she sent the lyrics and music ideas to Pavle, and discussed the possibilities of the new song. Terezija felt an abnormal excitement from her work, a confidence in the song that she never knew she could have. Terezija and Pavle immediately created a demo, not realizing that its finish would coincide with the advent of WorldVision 42.

Pavle had suggested to send the song to WorldVision when he saw RTI's call for artists to send songs. Terezija, at first hesitant, was convinced by her fellow producer and sent the demo to the channel, fully expecting the inevitable rejection response. She herself was a WorldVision fan, and some have suggested to her in the past to enter a song, but she never thought herself to be worthy of representing the nation. She perhaps hoped that the song may catch one person's attention, but Terezija simply carried on with her music making after she submitted the song. To her absolute surprise, Terezija had found out that she had been internally selected via a private e-mail from RTI's head of delegation that was forwarded to her and the rest of her team. She held her hands to her chest as she read the letter, thinking it to be a dream.

The official announcement was what made it seem a little more 'real' to her, though it was clear from the outset that this would not be a storybook journey of WorldVision participation. Terezija thought her fame from earlier to be overbearing, but the extreme scrutiny she faced in the first few moments of being the Izmeduan WorldVision representative was more than she could imagine. Her selection had brought about a mixed response that would be further polarized as the contest drew closer. Glowing praise was directed towards Terezija herself and RTI for selecting someone with more performance experience compared to the previous entrant, and as well as her music style. There was no doubting that Terezija had the ability to work the stage. At the same time, there was immense criticism directed towards her selection, with some arguing that RTI is being inconsistent genre-wise and had only picked Terezija to pander to the WorldVision base. Some have also criticized and disregarded Terezija as a viable contestant due to similarities in voice and style to two previous WorldVision 41 competitors, Klara Sayid and Nina Alexandrian from Kalosia and Talvezout respectively.

Regardless of the long road it took to the WorldVision stage, filled with sleepless nights and anxiety-filled rehearsals, there was no doubting that everyone wanted the WorldVision 42 entry to work, and for Terezija to shine on stage. Terezija knew that she needed to focus on nailing that performance, and bringing the song home to viewers. She needed to prove to herself, to her home nation, and to the multiverse that she was worthy of standing on that stage. The channel had already given its all in supporting her, to a point where it was overstretching its resources. Ambitions were running high, and nobody dared to think what would happen if the entry fell apart.

It was time... Terezija walked off to the stage alone, silently humming to herself an Izmeduan lullaby to calm her spirits...

The stage was in absolute darkness at the song's start. Hidden within the darkness was Terezija, standing alone at the stage's center, wearing this uniquely designed outfit as well as a headset. The wind machines were turned on, making the fabric trail at Terezija's outfit flay about slightly. The first few seconds of the song started with a small croon from Terezija. A downbeat production kicked in, a group of white lights flashing to the beat as a faint spotlight shone on Terezija, a look of yearning in her face as she stared in the direction of the crowd. A cue within the song, a sudden electronic note, was what prepared Terezija to begin singing. The camera affixed its focus to her, commencing her singing...

Days of torment, neverending
Axioms of existence destroyed

Terezija stepped forward as she sang the verse, inching closer to the camera with a look of fear in her eyes, before looking down at the second line, a look of defeat in her eyes. She reached out to the camera after the first line, clasping her heart at the second. The white lights around the stage continued to flash to the beat.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
We are lost to this cruel paradigm

The camera cut to a wider view to Terezija's side, with her looking at the audience's direction with a contemplative and lost look, as if she was lost in a new world. Each movement she made was deliberate and controlled. At the second line, she held out her right hand and fisted it, bringing that hand to her face and closing her eyes as if to control the emotions overcoming her.

In this lifeless void
Reality dies
How were we created?

The song's hook caused the light's pacing to become faster, as the wind effect became stronger, making Terezija's hair and fabric trail sway about more intensely. The camera switched to close ups and wider shots of Terezija during the hook's first half, with her looking directly at the camera, communicating the lyrics to the viewer. During this movement, she began to make arm movements that simulated a double rod pendulum, at first making simple 'U' motions.

In this nothingness
Lies a paradox
An unexplainable truth

The movements began to get more intricate, with her swiping her arms sideways as the camera encircled her, the lights stopped flashing and began to increase in intensity as the song built up to the chorus. At the near end, she stopped making her movements, and looked up at the hook's end...

With our destruction, we are reborn
We must seek a new hope within this

The entire arena lit up in white as a simulated shockwave of lights began to run through the audience at the last syllable of 'destruction,' with Terezija belting out the first two lines of the chorus with as much passion and power as she was able to muster, emitting a brief echo effect. The screen behind her displayed a bright explosion that began at the same time the arena lit up in bright light, which in its aftermath began to devolve into an image of nebula and cloud-like material, which also caused the circle to shine a bright white light. This material quickly leaked into the stage's circular designs, creating circular streams of space material once the material began to 'devolve.' A blast of air also went through the stage, being most strongly felt at the first few rows. The camera switched from its initial wide view of the stage in the chorus to a closer one of Terezija.

Beautiful chaos
Beautiful chaos

The camera zoomed out slightly, the view being her entire form imposed on the image of the screen behind her, with the nebula-like image being a turbulent mix of color as she sang out the song's title. At the end of the chorus, she went to her knees face down as the song's instrumentation softened, the image on the screen and the stage's circles becoming 'opaque,' showing cosmic dust and stars, and the lights dying down except Terezija's spotlight.

A new future, thus uncertain
Teetering on the edge of madness

The same effect from the song's intro reappeared, as Terezija slowly rose up from her kneeling. She looked straight into the camera at the moment she sang, as she began to make arm motions that manipulated the cosmic dust on the screen, which caused the dust to spin around and contract at some parts, causing small explosions at the center at which the aftermath sent streams of bright cosmic dust to the stage's circles. The effect, at the vocal pause after the second line, seemed to visibly scare her. The camera, during this verse, would maintain a close view of her and the screens.

Our fates tethered to hopeless chance
The shadows of life and death haunt us

A nebula began to appear on her feet at the floor's screen, as she sang the lyrics with a latent defeat and sadness. This revelation also put fear in her eyes, as she looked on with a morose disgust to her hands and movements, each movement now 'creating' stars, celestial bodies, or dust on the screens, which appeared as smaller yellow dots.

Amidst creation
There is pure havoc
An eternal cycle

At the first line of the hook, Terezija lunged a palm to the center screen's direction, making the dust contort and giving life to small planets and stars. In their wake, the things that were once there were destroyed, creating more dust and debris that would further the streams coursing through the circles. This caused Terezija to sway her hand in the opposite direction in a vain attempt to reverse what she did, but she only carried on the cycle of destruction on the screen behind her and the screen below her feet.

Amidst this new life
Our end lies in wait
An undeniable truth

Terezija continued to make arm movements that would distort the dust and stars on the screen, the look of fear in her face turning into a defeated acceptance of the words she was singing. She would also begin to manipulate the dust and stars on the circles on the left and right side of the stage. During the hook's second half, a bright red star shaped in a small circle appeared on the screen's center. The camera would focus on a close up of Terezija as the song ramped up to its chorus, then switching to an arena-wide view...

On the last syllable of destruction, mirroring the previous chorus, that red star exploded in a hypernova, making the entire arena shine in red light as a shockwave pierced through the screen at the end of 'reborn,' which coincided an extremely strong air blast from hidden machines burst throughout the arena's interior. Some of the red light from that hypernova would also leak over to the circles, which were dark at the moment of the explosion. Terezija gave it all her vocally once more, her arms spread out as her vocal echoed.

Beautiful chaos
Beautiful chaos

Terezija's eyes were closed as the camera maintained a view that showed her singing impassionedly against the swirling aftermath of the hypernova on the screen behind her, as the debris flowed through the circles on both side of the stage, contracting and floating about in response to the destruction the hypernova caused. The red lights turned off as Terezija crooned the chorus' last note and the song's instrumental softened, though the hypernova had slowly devolved into a corrupted nebula, which at first started on the central screen, with the nebula's outer reaches and leftover debris being on the circles that were on both sides of the stage.

No escape from this
Beautiful chaos
Beautiful chaos

Terezija's vocal was hushed but anxious during the calmer bridge, where she was moving her arms in a circular motion where she attempted to get rid of the red nebula. However, the more she did so, the more the reality in the screen and circles behind her and on the floor began to distort, with 'cracks' on the edges appearing and growing as the bridge gradually became louder, with the cracks especially apparent on the circles.

Beautiful chaos
Beautiful chaos

The camera circled around Terezija as she belted out the chorus once more, giving it a greater intensity in this reprise, with the screen behind her showing a broken reality, a burst of color and warped actively moving space that looked like a more violent version of the imagery that appeared on the first chorus' reprise. She reached out to the camera as it imposed her upon the screen for the final line, a desperation and acceptance in her expression.

Undying hope
Endless desire
For
Beautiful chaos
Beautiful chaos

The song was beginning its end, with Terezija singing the final unique lines with an air of desperation as she tried one last time to control the reality around her, making controlled lunges and singular arm sways to the screen, floor, and the circles at the left and right side of the stage. With the distorted space beyond the point of manipulation or repair. Her eyes were closed as she belted out the words, continuing the echo effects, a desperation and pained acceptance easily on her features. That echo would be applied to the high note she would pull, where she could be seen visibly staggering back.

All of the lights turned off as soon as she sang the last instance of the song's title except the spotlight on Terezija, with the music making it clear that the song was about to end. The camera now held a close up view of Terezija herself, with the screen and circles turned into yellow particles that were 'magnetized' against Terezija herself. The particles on the circles were flowing in the direction that they were built in, but were clearly slowing down as the song's denouement progressed.

Beautiful chaos...

Terezija's last words echoed throughout the arena with the effect strongest at the high note. The spotlight on her was then turned off as the camera switched to a slowly zooming out stage wide view of Terezija's shadow imposed against the bright screen as the yellow particles moved against her. The instrumentation continued on its forlorn, almost hopeless sound. The electric aspect ended after a few seconds, with the song being closed off with a lone piano. At the piano's last note, the particles were gone from the screen and the circles, absorbing Terezija into their lost reality...

The stage lights returned back to their normal levels as the crowd cheered loudly, taking Terezija in absolute shock as she took a few seconds to compose herself.

“Thank you so much Caen...” Terezija said, becoming breathless at the end as she was pulling herself out of her performance mindset. Terezija exited the stage after she said her thanks.
Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:12 pm

TSBtv Commentary with Shop Owner & One-Hit Jimson - Part II

SO: Yes, it is time for part 2 of our commentary, going from song 21, Electrum, to song 49, provided we get there... Jimson, it's about time we tell them about the Owner award, by the way.
OHJ: Sure will, Shop Owner. Stay tuned for the TSBtv Shop Owner Awards, where you, the viewers can vote for some of the exceptional songs tonight in different categories.
SO: And of course, you also have to vote to decide the winner.
OHJ: On the WorldVision official app, which I think most of you guys and most international viewers have, you can vote for the song/s you want to win, and then straight after, vote for the 7 categories of the Shop Owner Awards.
SO: These awards are named after me. As well as the 7 categories, there is the Gold Owner, given to the act with the most trophies overall. And yes, you don't need to be Swordean to vote.
OHJ: All winners will receive a cash prize of $100,000 Swordean Dollars and a gold owner medallion in addition to the Owner Award, thanks to the good peeps at TSBtv.
SO: So when they stop singing and it's time to vote, hop on quick!
OHJ: Now back to Electrum, tonight's 21st song.

21. Electrum
SO: Interesting.
OHJ: ITS A PUNK SONG!!!!!!!!!
SO: Air Guitar!
OHJ: There's no air guitar in the song.
SO: Let's do it!
*Shop Owner & One-Hit Jimson do air guitar until Izmedu comes up*

22. Izmedu
SO: And not a song worthy of being in this contest for a nation who do so well.
OHJ: I wouldn't be that cruel, but I personally thought the same.
SO: May win coz of Normandy & Picardy, Ekoz, Brotonisea, Talvezout, all those guys.
OHJ: Don't think KwaDai's in, if they were, they'd help this song's case.
SO: Sure would, Jimson.

23. Dreamplanet
OHJ: Hey, I have seen Dreamplanet flop today and all I have to show for it is this lousy, stained t-short.

24. Gim
SO: Do they think I'm dumb?
OHJ: They've only said that word 7,928,562,086 times.
SO: Then they think you're dumb. But WHY WOULD SOMEBODY CALL ME DUMB? Jimson, this is one of the reasons why Gim is now a high priority to invade.
OHJ: Will be cool. The Swordean Confederacy of Gim, ruled by Shop Owner...
SO: That's more like it, Jimmy-boy. Well, back to the song...
OHJ: I don't like songs who call us dumb. Nul points tonight are for Gim.

25. Normandy & Picardy
SO: Where's the guns and executions?
OHJ: Don't they kill people who do forbidden stuff?
SO: Well,mth eyre bad guys!
OHJ: You mean enemies?
SO: I want to invade them!
OHJ: Me too! Let's go!
*Shop Owner drafts plan to invade Normandy & Picardy*

26. Attican Republic
SO: Swearing means execution!
OHJ: We cannot execute her unfortunately. We're in Caen
SO: We can take her to our country and kill her.
OHJ: That's probably a better idea than killing them here.
SO: By the way, That Team beat Far Out 4-1...
Computer: I have 63% battery left. Charge me. Hello Shop Owner. You have 99,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.000 Teitter followers.
SO: And during a terrible song, that terrible computer plays up again... Haven't had a good song since Electrum.
OHJ: Right you are, my friend. Right you are.

27.'Associated Godlands
SO: This is the worst song tonight.
OHJ: How dare they think they're god!
SO: They're so un-godly, I'm not using a capital g when talking about them and god.
OHJ: You are God, Shop Owner.
SO: Thank you.
OHJ: This and Gim can share tonight's honour of nul points. A big fat ZERO.
SO: And maybe some other nations. I dunno yet, though.

28. Bloodbath Generation

29. Monaero Plissoguets
SO: Longest name in the contest. So long our producers can't spell it right.
OHJ: Good somg. Bad name.
SO: Yea... Might be a candidate for 2 points or 1. But not 12.
OHJ: Nice and cheerful song.
SO: Only a few more songs left, I think...
OHJ: Kasanovakoratica is one of them.
SO: Only major nation left to sing as well as Missus X.
OHJ: Are Missus X even signed up?
SO: I think so...
OHJ: Meh, I'll just go forward and follow your lead.
SO: Good boy,
OHJ: You're welcome.

30. Arioslavia
OHJ: No. Not for us.
SO: Pass on, please.
OHJ: Not a fan.

31. Todlichebujoku
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:24 pm

23: Dreamplanet
Anhenders - Crashing In.
Tune
As the Anhenders walked in, the lead singer and the back dancers (if you can imagine they dance because i'm terrible at staging) arrived, the music began, and in the Estadio Silva, for a one-off, people got to go to the stadium to watch Worldvision, and the music began.
The lights were dim, then the lights exploded in a red and white strobe effect
0:12
Put me back, watch me go,
i won't let you control me.
0:18
I'll make it farther, you will see.
0:25
Missing you slightly,
but it's ok because you'll see
that i'm alright.

The lights exploded with white for about 5 seconds before reverting to the normal red and white.
0:27
But you'll see
that i know how it's done.
I'm too far now,
it's only begun,
You see me, running out of siiii-ght...
And i'll be crashing in...
0:58
Well then,
get out,
i don't want to see your face.
1:05
I've already gone too far...
1:12
I've already went everywhere that i can go,
i try finding a way, but there's one place to go,
1:22
But you'll see
I'm too far now,
it's only begun,
(repeat)
2:02
But you'll see
I'm too far now,
it's only begun,
2:33
2:41
And when i crash in,
you'll see how far i've come,
And you'll know that i'll be crashing in.
2:41
And when i crash in,
2:58
And when i crash in,

As they came out, there was absolutely no cheers as all Dreamplanet fans were in the stadium because they didn't want to be the ones to say:
"I've seen Dreamplanet flop at Worldvision and all i got was this lousy t-shirt".
But hardcore fans just waited untill Dreamplanet caved in a hole and died.
And next act is Gim.
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:04 pm

24. Gim

F.A.M., unabbreviated as Fierce but Attractive Women, is a Gimian girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2014 A.D. They made their debut with the digital single Happiness, which was released August 4, 2014 A.D.

Dumb is a song that describes the annoyance by girls when boys do not listen to what their girlfriends are saying and telling them what to do.

The group is composed of five members: Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri.

Irene (Gimian: 아이린) was born as Bae Joo Hyeon (Gimian: 배주현) on March 29, 1991 (Age: 24) in West Ansan, Gim. She is the leader, main rapper and lead dancer of the group.

Seulgi was born as Kang Seul Gi (Gimian: 강슬기) on February 10, 1994 (Age: 21) in South Ansan, Gim. She is the lead vocalist and main dancer of the group.

Wendy (Gimian: 웬디) was born as Son Seung Wan (Gimian: 손승완) on February 21, 1994 (Age: 21) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the main vocalist of the group.

Joy (Gimian: 조이) was born as Park Soo Young (Gimian: 박수영) on September 3, 1996 (Age: 19) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the lead rapper and vocalist of the group.

Yeri (Gimian: 예리) was born as Kim Ye Rim (Gimian: 김예림) on March 5, 1999 (Age: 16) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the rapper and dancer for the group.

Translation is on the right of each stanza of the lyrics and is parenthesized.

Stage is dark, and the audience cannot see anything in front of them. A few second later, the lights are turned on, and a background of multicolored tiles are shown. Colors of pink, yellow, blue, green, and purple flash randomly amongst the tiles throughout the performance. Five girls are positioned near the center of the stage with Irene in the very center, Seulgi behind and left of her, Wendy behind and right, Joy front and right, and Yeri front and left of Irene who is at the very center.

Irene has her hair dyed with a combination of brown and black, and wears a pinkish sweater and tight, black pants. The rest wear a red sweater and tight, black pants. All of them wear white sneakers with red and black lining. All girls sing in the beginning, dancing as shown from 0:00-0:13 of this video.

Highlights
All Together
Irene
Seulgi
Wendy
Joy
Yeri
You're so dumb dumb dumb dumb, (너는 dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb, (Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. (Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb)

Seulgi starts off the singing in the performance, as the crowd screams from time to time out of excitement from seeing pretty girls on the stage. Some spectators are holding fan banners with phrases such as, "F.A.M.: Winner of WorldVision 42", "Irene, We Love You!", and "Fierce and Attractive Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri!". Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy sing and dance, as shown in 0:13-0:39 of this video.
Because of you, I am exhausted, out of breath, (너 때문에 난 힘들어 숨이 차 올라)
Everything you do incurs my uncontrollable wrath, Oh! (니가 모든 하는게 날 열을 받게 만들어, Oh!)

Baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
Foolish, foolish, foolish, you! (Foolish, foolish, foolish, you!)

I tell you this and you do that; it's frustrating, (이렇게 하라면 넌 다르게 해, 답답해)
I say "yes", you say "no"; it's stress that you are creating, Oh! ("예"면 너는 "아니", 스트레스 받아 정말, Oh!)

Baby baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
Crazy crazy crazy crazy, you! (Crazy crazy crazy crazy, you!)

Vapor from the top of the stage is unleashed as the girls began singing the chorus. The crowd begins to roar, and the girls dance as shown in 0:39-0:52 in this video. Irene, in the center, winks as she finishes the chorus, and another roar is heard from the crowd, especially from the male audience.

Like a man-nequin stay still, (마네킹 인형처럼)
Let me do the things that you are just about to do, (가만히 있어 내가 알아서 하게 해줘)
Don't try to stop me from this 'til, (우리 둘이 더 나아질때)
I have finished making this better for us two. (까지 너 좀 그만 좀 방해를 해줘)

Irene begins to rap, as the crowd attentively listen to the catchy tune. Yeri raps later, and the crowd screams as she performs her first part in this performance. The girls continue to dance, as shown in 0:53-1:05 in this video.
You think you know it all, (넌 다 안다고 착각해)
You think you have it all, (다 가졌다고 착각해)
Thus, you hate listening to me. (그래서 듣기 싫지?)

Dumb dumb dumb dumb, (Dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb. (Dumb dumb dumb dumb)
This is an illusion, (이거는 illusion)
You need to be disillusioned, (버려 그 illusion)
Don't make yourself a fool, gee. (바보같이 굴지 마)

Crowd roars and sings along with the girls saying, "Dumb", repeatedly. Some of the audience stands up and begin to wildly dance out of excitement. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 1:06-1:19 of this video.
Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Joy begins to sing the second verse; Seulgi and Wendy follow up singing the second part of the verse. Joy moves to the center of the stage as Irene moves to the front, right. Camera focuses on Joy's entire body. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 1:19-1:32 of this video.
I wanna ask you something; please don't ignore me, little boy, (내가 질문이 있어; 내 말 좀 들어봐줘, boy!)
Do you seriously think you are smart, or you just playing me, boy? (니가 정말 머리가 좋다고 생각해, boy?)

Baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
You make me crazy crazy crazy crazy, hey! (You make me crazy crazy crazy crazy, hey!)

Confetti from the top of the stage is unleashed as the girls began singing the chorus again. The crowd begins to roar, and the girls dance as shown in 1:33-1:45 in this video. Joy, in the center, winks and moves behind and left of Seulgi who moves to the center, and another roar is heard from the crowd, especially from the male audience.

Seulgi moves to the front and right of the stage, replacing Irene; Irene moves to the center of the girls. All girls sing and dance, as shown from 0:00-0:13 of this video. Crowd roars out of excitement and sings along saying, "Dumb dumb dumb dumb".

Irene begins to rap and dance just as all of the girls do, as shown in 1:58-2:10 of this video. Some audience have stood up to dance along with the music, holding fan banners and wearing F.A.M. bracelets that have been given when the group performed in Ansan, Empire of Gim.
You are an idiot, (넌 바보야)
You, boy, Mister Dumbest Man, (You, boy, Mister Dumbest Man)
You suck the Happiness* out of me, (넌 내 Happiness 다 뱄어가지)
You won't let me be. (날 가만안둬)
Why don't you please Be Natural** just like me now, ignorant kid? (나처럼 제발 좀 Be Natural? 바보 같은 너!)
I don't wish to give up on you; man, be more smart. (널 포기하기 싫어; 머리 좀 써 너.)

Joy begins to rap, as she moves into the center and Irene moves to behind and left where Joy had been positioned. Crowd roars when she moves to the center of the stage. Girls sing and dance, as shown from 2:10-2:25 of this video.
Don't wanna trip on you, (괴롭히기 싫어)
Don't wanna upset you, (울리기 싫어)
If you're crying, "Boo Hoo", (근데 운다면)
Blame yourself, please do. (다 니 탓이야)
But if you pro-mise to never act so dumb, (그러나 전부 고친다면 내...)
I can probably feed you Ice Cream***. Now are you feeling better? (...가 Ice 크림 사줄께. 그러면 기분 좋아질까?)

Yeri stays front and left of the stage with respect to the girls and begins to sing the bridge. Irene sings immediately after Yeri. Joy sings immediately after Irene, and the final stanza of the bridge is sung by Seulgi and Wendy together in harmony. Girls sign and dance, as shown from 2:25-2:37 of the video.
Perhaps you will never change your actions, fool, (아마도 너는 변하지 않을거야)
Maybe this song is a waste of time, (이 노래는 시간 낭비야)
I wanted you to act the way I like, (니가 날 따르면 좋은데)
But I'm assuming you don't even give a single dime. (그런데 아마도 넌 신경 안쓸거잖아)

All girls sing the chorus together and dance, as shown in 2:38-2:51 of this video.

Yeri begins to rap, as the crowd attentively listen to the catchy tune. Irene raps later, and the crowd screams out of joy. The girls continue to dance, as shown in 2:51-3:05 in this video.
You think you know it all, (넌 다 안다고 착각해)
You think you have it all, (다 가졌다고 착각해)
Thus, you hate listening to me. (그래서 듣기 싫지?)

This is an illusion, (이거는 illusion)
You need to be disillusioned, (버려 그 illusion)
Don't make yourself a fool, gee. (바보같이 굴지 마)

Crowd roars and sings along with the girls saying, "Dumb", repeatedly. Some of the audience stands up and begin to wildly dance out of excitement. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 3:06-3:20 of this video. Wendy sings at the last stanza along with the rhythm.
Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb, (Oh, you must be~)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Song ends with Irene in the very center, Seulgi behind and left of her, Wendy behind and right, Joy front and right, and Yeri front and left. Irene is standing up, whereas, all other four girls and kneeling down, surrounding her. The girls who are kneeling down show a bit of skin on their lower back, which look quite toned. However, their pants are not low to the point of showing cleavage. Girls maintain their ending position with smiles on their faces.

Crowd cheers their name, saying "F! A! M!", and waves their fan banners and bracelets in honor of them.

*Happiness is the title of F.A.M.'s first digital single.
**Be Natural is the title of F.A.M.'s second digital single.
***Ice Cream is the title of F.A.M.'s first mini album. Dumb is a part of their first regular album.
Last edited by Gim on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:05 am

25 - Normandy and Picardy
The Pain - Forbidden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzE3kNUWA9s

"The Pain" are are synthpop group from Elanaföl, a town near Caen, and comprises of two men; Téö Ulmarin (Singer) and Édam Tjulðen (Synthesist). The group have had a series of top 10 hits, and their most recent album, "Return", reached number 3 on the album charts. They have long been rumoured to represent Normandy and Picardy at WorldVision, and every year they have had to deny it. The most high profile case was a leaked email from BNRT apparently confirming their entry to WorldVision 38; this was later confirmed not to be the case from both Téö and BNRT. However, Téö has made it no secret that he has wanted to perform at WorldVision since Normandy and Picardy first joined, but has said every year that the time wasn't right.

The rumour mill was already running for WorldVision 42 before WorldVision 41 had even finished. "The Pain" were once again rumoured to be going, but after WorldVision 41 ended it was originally revealed that electronic group Fjorlenðis would represent the nation instead. This was received with mixed reaction, and BNRT released a few weeks later that Fjorlenðis had retracted their song and so they decided to revive the Normand national final. However, instead of returning the old "Alo Conjalest Esa Poual Chantjal", they instead created "Esan Volla", which will be replaced by the annual "MusikFestivalé pau Norgwéan" as the show for the selection next year. Before BNRT even released the songs in the national final, "The Pain" was put forward once again.

When BNRT finally released the songs, although most of the attention was originally on EAUL's "Take It All", fans of "The Pain" rejoiced at the news that they would be taking part. During Esan Volla, "Something Forbidden" rose immediately to Number 1 on the charts, being released as soon as it was performed (domestically only). It won the show with over 50% of the public vote and the support of all but one of the international juries. Téö, speaking to ACTUER after the show, said that "Me and Édam finally felt that we were ready to represent our nation at WorldVision, and that is why we entered Esan Volla. Our sound has changed over the years, and now it is somewhere were we feel happy, and we are going to show the world what we are made of". With Normandy and Picardy given the hosting rights as well, and the 4th place finish of "Stranger" in Quikenden, "The Pain" will have to deliver the performance of their lives.

The song itself originally appears to simply be one of a man who can't be with - presumably - the woman of his dreams. This could be for a number of reasons, whether the family of the woman won't allow it or some other reason. However, Édam has hinted that it could be something different, and that the performance could show this. Téö is bisexual, and so some have suggested that the song is about a relationship between him and another man that - until 10 years ago - was forbidden by law in Normandy and Picardy. Also - and sadly - although homosexuality is a lot more accepted, bisexuality is still stigmatized and so this may feature as part of the song. All that is known is that "The Pain" have worked their socks off and are going to deliver the best performance that they can't.

As the Postcard for Normandy and Picardy is shown, the home crowd cheers loudly, knowing their act is performing now. The Normand section of the crowd is already crazy and the song hasn't even started. As the postcard ends and the final preparations are finished, the crowds stop cheering in anticipation of the song. The stage is dark, and nothing can be made out. As the must begins, the lights slowly fade on and off, showing Téö walking to the front, where Édam already stands - off to one side though, with his synthesizers, slowly and with his head hidden. Just before the verse ends, he reaches the front of the stage and the microphone stand, and he lifts his head up. This gets a small cheer from the Normand crowd, although not loud enough to spoil the song.

When I see you, I go under
'Cause you'll never be mine
There's no way that I can hold you
No way that I'll feel your love

The lights stop on and off, and now glow with a gentle white light so that Téö and Édam are no longer visible. The background remains dark, just as it was before. Each time the "Youuu section is sung", two of the backing singers are revealed in a dim spotlight, two on each side of the stage. They point towards Téö as they sing this, almost accusingly. A thin layer of smoke has built up on the stage.

(Youuuu, Youuuu)
I want to be yours, babe
I want to know you more
(Youuuu, Youuuu)
I want you but it can not be

As the chorus begins, a semi circle of white expands onto the background and the lights get lighter, so now the backing singers are in full view. They are in red dresses, which can now be clearly seen. Édam continues on his synthesizer and Téö sings, holding onto the microphone stand as if he can't let go. As the backing singers end the chorus, Téö take the microphone and walks towards the audience and heads to the left of the stage, the cameras following him.

You're something forbidden
I want to love you
I want to love you
Oh baby I do
But you’ll never be mine
No matter how hard
I try to love you
I’ll never be able to
You are forbidden, yeah
(You, you, you, you-u, you, you, you, you-u, you)

The background shows a series of roses, but they all have thorns covered in blood. This is a deliberate representation of how love can kill and how people have fought and died for those they love. Throughout this verse, Téö sings into the camera - as if singing directly to the viewer at home - as the smoke around him moves up above his ankles, but no further up than a quarter of the way up his shin.

I need your touch but I can't feel it
I need your kiss but we'll never touch
I need you here but you're far away
No matter how hard I we try there is no hope

(Youuuu, Youuuu)
I want to be yours, babe
I want to know you more
(Youuuu, Youuuu)
I want you but it can not be

The cameras turn to face the backing singers on the left as Téö moves back towards the centre of the stage. Behind the thorns in the background, it appears as if a light is building up behind them. Just before the chorus begins, the cameras pan around to show Téö at the front of the stage.

But I need
(Youuuu, Youuuu)
Youuuu
(Youuuu, Youuuu)
But it can never happen

As the chorus begins, the background returns to black but waves of white go across it, starting at the bottom but expanding outwards in a semi-circular shape. Apart from that though, not much happens during the chorus, the cameras panning around showing Téö, Édam and the backing singers.

I want to love you
I want to love you
Oh baby I do
But you’ll never be mine
No matter how hard
I try to love you
I’ll never be able to
You are forbidden, yeah

During this section, the backing singers clap their hands and the audience happily do so as well. The backing singers join Téö and Édam in singing this section of the song. The lighting fades between red and white to the beat of the clapping.

I know when we're together
Sparks fly into the air
We're magic, unstoppable
Come on, my baby
Let's feel this love together
Let's have some fun tonight
Let's show them we can be
Let's try, try baby

As the backing singers sing the last little bit before the chorus, Téö turns to Édam and kisses him squarley on the lips for a good couple of seconds (think Lithuania at Eurovision 2015) before turning back to the microphone. Many members of the audience cheer at this point, although some are unsure.

(Something, something, something, something forbidden)

During the last chorus, the same happens as in the second one but now the lighting and the bands of colour are red. "Love" in large white letters appears on the background, and as the chorus ends the cameras focus on that word.

I want to love you
I want to love you
Oh baby I do
But you’ll never be mine
No matter how hard
I try to love you
I’ll never be able to
You are forbidden, yeah

As the music ends, Téö looked shocked that it had gone so well. The crowd went wild (possibly with some bias as it was the home crowd). "Marci Esa, Thank You so much" he shouted, followed by Édam shouting ,"Share the moment with whoever you want, and love who you want!" With that, the Normand entry was over.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Attican Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Attican Republic » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:46 am

25 - ATTICAN REPUBLIC
SOLEDAD - FUCK THEE
TO THE TUNE OF Kelis - Trick Me

Soledad was a Attican female rapper. Born on December 1st, 1990 in Ecos as María Guaretha Jazuer, where her family were visiting relatives, she grew up in her family's home in El Salander. Soledad first came to prominence when she was signed to Griega Recordonas, a major hip-hob label, in 2009. Her first studio album, Tenyero, was a instant hit in Attica when it hit #1 on it's second week on the charts.

The stage and arena went pitch dark for the performance. The music began, and a spotlight quickly turned on, focusing on Soledad, who was wearing a loose black t-shirt and baggy jeans.

Ho-oh-oh-oh
Yo, Soledad hit,
Ho-oh-oh-oh

Said I'll never be with you for another bit of fun
Since you treat me like a bunch of c*nts,
I ran away and decided to hide,
Said I'll fuck thee you little c*nt,
You said I won't be able to fuck thee more then once,
Women said that all you have is a little d*ck,
Women said that to ever reach it has always been a trick,
Many women never reached it many times,
Said I'll fuck thee, you little c*nt
You said I won't be able to fuck thee more then once,

Soledad turned her back to the crowd and bent over, shaking her booty. The crowd erupted into a cheer, before Soledad hopped back up a split second later, turned back for the next verse.

Fuck thee, you little c*nt,
Said I won't be able to fuck thee more then once,
Fuck thee, you little c*nt...

Soledad swung her hip to the right, slapping her buttocks. For such a low-budget performance, she needed to utilise her body for entertainment rather then some stage design. Soledad flipped back her hair and continued.

The days are done when we used to have fun,
You know that our breakup will never be undone,
I can't believe that I ever loved you,
It disturbs me, oh no,
I never have to go for another ride,

At the last line she did a quick single hump motion, her hands above her head. Although sometimes critised for her sexual movements, she defended womens rights on many occasions despite being labeled as a slut and anti-feminist.

I used to go down, take that dick,
Then I started to leave when you began to call me Kelly,
I left it all behind,
And you were just fine, yeah,
Soon I saw a girl gettin' all that mound,
So it didn't take you long 'till she got found,
Never will I long for another pound,
It's not how I wanna go down, yeah,

Soledad repeated her humping motions whilst another spotlight opened up. Three women were displayed, dancing. They initially copied her, but then twerked, and copied her former hip-swing-booty-slap dance.

Fuck thee, you little c*nt...

Soledad ran her hands through her hair, as if she was going crazy or becoming very stressed. The dancers began to twerk again, before reverting to the air-hump dance.

Said I'll never be with you for another bit of fun
Since you treat me like a bunch of c*nts,
I ran away and decided to hide,
Fuck thee, I won't be able to fuck thee more then once,
Fuck thee you little c*nt,
I won't be able to fuck thee more then once, no,
Fuck thee you little c*nt,
I won't be able to fuck thee more then once, no,
Ho-oh-oh-oh
Ho-oh-oh-oh
Ho-oh-oh-oh
Ho-oh-oh-oh

The music cut, and the stage went pitch black again. When it came back on, Soledad and her dancers had left the stage.
Pro: European Union, EU united as a single nation, Socialist Party (Ireland), Estonia (EESTI BABY), Russia (Other then the government ofc), USSR (my dead bae), Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Left Politics, Nuclear Power, Iranian nuclear weapons, Accepting Syrian refugees, Merkel (even though she's a rightist, she still my #76 bae)
Neutral: Israel, USA, UKIP, Sinn Fein, Latvia (jk ilu Latvia)
Anti: "Republic of Korea", Putin, Trump, Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil, Renua, Labour Party (Ireland), Sweden, Hungary's stance on Syrian migrants trying to reach DE/OS

Join the Revolutionary Socialists! For the Glory of the Party, the Nation, and the People!

Associated Godlands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Associated Godlands » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:34 am

26. Associated Godlands
Choir of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

An immense choir comes onto the stage, taking up the entirety of their platform. They begin to sing.

Praise the Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord

Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Amen)

Puppet of San Llera
Praise The Lord And Savior Jesus Christ!!!
Ruled by God and his sapient mouthpiece, Queen Phelps Roper
This nation (obviously) does not represent my actual opinions

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:43 am

28. Bloodbath Generation
Can't Hold Us Down (We Are Young)- Grace Bethany
to the tune of Love Myself- Hailee Steinfeld

16-year old Grace was filled with nerves backstage. She was jumping up and down, spinning around, trying to get the pre-show jitters out. One of her moments backstage was going viral already; Grace was spotted typing an essay on her phone in the makeup room.

The performance began with Grace standing in the spotlight, a little to the back of of the stage. The camera was showing a full shot of the stage, and Grace looked like an ant. The backing vocals began the song. Once her part came in, the camera switched to a closeup of Grace.

Hey!
Yeah.

The sun is setting and
summer is winding down
Yeah
I say we take a stand
come on and take my hand
Yeah

The camera then followed her walking to the mic stand a little further left from the center.

Let's dance off all our pain away
until we see the light of day
High off glory, high off of the fame
off the fame

The lights followed the beat, winding down then shooting back up and spinning to the uptempo drums. Grace was holding the mic and swaying, smiling, if not a bit stiff.

They can't hold us down we'll only rise up stronger than before
Hey!
Can't hold us down we'll only rise up stronger than before
We are young
Can't bring us down we'll just rise up stronger than before
Boys and girls, raise your arms
We are young

She took a look down before looking back up into the camera with a smirk. As the verse went on, she took the mic off the stand and began walking around.

This is a battle cry
Like warriors we'll fight
Yeah
I'm beauty in your eyes
is it wrong, it it right
to think this way
Yeah

Tell me again how much you love me so
my eyes, my body, do you know
I rule it all, and you will know it to
know it to

Suddenly, she spun around and began strutting down the right side for the melody, high-fiving a girl in the front row as she walked.

Hey!
We are young
We are young

Grace continued to make her way down, backing singers in tow.

La la la la
la la la la la la!
Boys and girls raise your arms,
We are

The lights came back down again, a single spotlight shining on her. The stage looked empty, as in the beginning.

High off glory, high off of the fame
off the fame
off the fame, oooh

As the lights came on, around 75 boys and girls from her school and a school in Caen came running and dancing onstage, filling the space behind her. The camera panned around them as they fist-pumped, lip synced and just seemed to be having the best time of their lives.

We are young
Hey!
We are young
We are young

La la la la
la la la la la la!
Boys and girls raise your arms,
We are young

The performance ended with Grace shooting her fist in the air, and the crowd behind and in front of her cheering. "Thank you Caen!", Grace said, giggling. The students were ushered off, and she made her way back to the green room, confident and full of pride.
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:08 pm

29 - Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Bebji - Forget It All
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Gl6vqqLsg

Bebji is a big star in Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, where he regularly tops the charts, and he is also well known in Normandy and Picardy. His career started when he young, with him winning Normand contest "Taljenta" ("Talent") before releasing his first album aged only 16. Even though his style has changed throughout the years, he has remained popular in both nations. Due to the close links between Normandy and Picardy and Monaeroglisseurest, BNRT were willing to help fund, along with the Aeroglissan broadcaster AeroTV, the Aeroglissan WorldVision entry. Bebji had been a large part of these negotiations, and actually helped fund the entry himself. He was therefore selected to be the entry, and it was decided that he and his band would be sent to Caen to represent the small nation of 754,000 people for the first time. He soon set about preparing the entry, and know it shall be performed to the multiverse...

As the song begins, we can only see Bebji, sitting on a stool with his guitar. The background shows a cloudy sky, but as the verse is sung it begins to open up, allowing sunlight through. The cameras are focused on Bebji but the background is also shown, and the people at home see nearly all the stage but the background in black and white, although by the end of the chorus Bebji is also shown in full colour.

Things may seem dark now
But there's always light behind
The clouds that hang overhead
There's always a blue sky
Even if it's hidden now
You will find it soon

As the chorus begins, Bebji steps up of his stool and kicks it to one side, and now his band can also be seen. The background now shows a blue sky with little bits of white cloud. Bebji and his band play the chorus, and the cameras pan around the stage, but not much else happens.

Lose yourself in such sweet bliss
Forget all that's come before
Don't let all that darkness keep you down
Forget it all

The cameras focus on Bebji again as he plays and sings the verse, strumming away on his little guitar.

There's a smile in every frown
You've just got to keep going
On and on, come what may
You may feel alone
But there's always someone there
Don't forget, they're always there

The lights brighten slightly, but not much in this chorus is different from the past. This is in keeping with Bebji's "simplistic" style.

Forget it all

During this section, the lights begin to develop a reddish shade and the background changes to show a starry sky.

Forget it all
Forget all your problems
Forget everything

The TV image is saturated red and the lights in the stadium are also red, and one of the band members plays the electric guitar solo, the cameras focused on him. Then, before the final chorus the lighting and the TV image return to normal. The cameras now show Bebji and his band, and do some more panning around.

Forget it all

As the song ends, Bebji shouts "Merci, Gràcies, Thank You" as he and his land leave the stage.
Last edited by Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:17 am

Arioslavia will go as number 30.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:55 am

30. Arioslavia
Band: Enigmatica
Song: "You won't give up"
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuP_hNi-UPY

This is a first ever WorldVision contest for the People's Republic of Arioslavia. In its historical debut the country will be represented by Enigmatica, a popular band in Arioslavia, representing the symphonic power metal genre, led by Tatiana Denisova. Denisova finished the Telgrad State Musical School in 2008 and estabilished the Enigmatica in 2011, along with Alexander Prokhorov (guitar) and Yuri Mironenko (percussion). The band is known in Arioslavia for its philosophy-inspired texts and criticism of religious authorities. This year's Arioslavian proposition is titled "You won't give up".

The stage is bound in darkness, but after a second it glows as the white flashes light the stage and the dynamic intro plays. After few seconds the music is more peaceful and we can hear the piano. Tatiana Denisova, a beautiful redhead in black appears and starts to sing, while the stage is again dark:

Through so many days we have been misled,
Fooled by our fear, fooled by our dreams.
Now it is time to face the bitter thruth
It is our time to face it now.

More and more lights are lighted as her voice gets more dramatic:

Their rule is over!
Now we are free, the chains are broken!
For their crimes they will pay,
For oppression and pain,
All the evil they brought to us!

Alexander Prokhorov appears, growling:

You'll fight to win!

Denisova sings the epic refrain as the stage bursts with white and red flashes:

You won't give up, you'll fight to win,
Desire of freedom is not a sin,
So raise your sword to fight again!
We are the heroes of the night,
We're so much stronger than them all,
Soon they'll surrender to our might!

Music and lights calm again and the second stanza begins:

All our world would be so different
Hadn't we follow the paths of the false.
Who will unveil the facade of reality?
Who will show it for a world to see?

Denisova's voice gets more dramatic again:

Their rule is over!
Now we are free, the chains are broken!
For their crimes they will pay,
For oppression and pain,
All the evil they brought to us!

Prokhorov growls again:

You'll fight to win!

And the refrain goes on:

Desire of fredom is not a sin,

Music gets calm and Denisova repeats the verses of the refrain:

So raise your sword to fight again...

Long, worrying instrumental goes on, broken by Prokhorov's growls:

Our cause...
Our fight...
OUR MIGHT!

Then, Denisova sings, supported by choir of three men in black, Gothic hoods, visible behind her:

It's hard to face you were so wrong,
But you have to agree -
You can't hide from destiny.
It's hard to face you were so wrong
But now it is to late for you
For another lie!

The choir sings:

We've been waiting for centuries
For an answer from the Heaven.
We were blind but now we see,
We can't hide from our fate!

Denisova sings the refrain again:

Finally, Denisova and the choir sing together:

This is our final fight,
All sacrifices made
Are our great victory,
We won't let them die in vain.

This is a hymn to freedom:
We're stronger than them all,
Together we will triumph,
We will change the world.

As lights calm down, we can hear the piano again. After it ends playing, Denisova cries: "Thank you, Caen! Bolshoye spasibo!" and waves an Arioslavian flag thrown by someone from the applausing crowd.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Worldvision 42 commentary, brought to you by the PNB, the Polkopian National Broadcaster

Viktor: "Good evening world, my name is Viktor Khassanov, and I'm here today with the lovely Anna Petravona and we're here, yet again, to bring you the Polkopian commentary for the Worldvision Song Contest."

Anna: "Yep. We're in Normandy and Picardy, in the lovely city of Caen. Caen you believe it?"

Viktor: "I Caen not believe you just said that, Anna. Now, before we get too ahead of ourselves, the opening act is about to start, and I don't want to miss it!"

00. Opening Act
Esvelen and Orvetin - Feel The Moment

Viktor: "Alight, well it's certainly got elements of the host nation's culture, which is always a plus. That doesn't excuse that the song itself is garbage."

Anna: "No, but the performance was good though. It certainly got me hyped up for the next few hours filled with trashy songs and overdone performances. Isn't that what the opening act is supposed to do?"

Viktor: "It would've been better with a half-decent song, but again, I like the bilingual aspect, I like the traditional Normand dance and clothing, but I just can't get behind the song. "

Anna: "Whatever. It's starting anyway. For those of you at home, don't start judging the contest until about six or seven songs in, because historically, the first few songs are utter shit in Worldvision."

Viktor: "Yes, but let's take a look at the running order first. Up first, we have the nation of Nobreloen. See, Anna? That's not always the case. And after them, we have Gregoryisgodistan... and then Santaclausisgodistan. So maybe you're right."

Anna: "Mhm. And after us, who performs 4th, we have Electrum Diplomatic Offices. See? The first few songs are ALWAYS majority shit."

Viktor: "I guess you're right. But hush! The postcard for Nobreloen is showing. They're about to perform!"

01. Nobreloen
Karya Marhowani - Muffled Cries

Viktor: "I was excited when this entry was first released because I was thinking of ways that the Nobreloen delegation would do as far as performance was concerned. This is a huge let down."

Anna: "Yeah, I mean, the lyrics are nice and deep, which is good, but in the end, viewers back home aren't going to be listening to the lyrics of the song. They want a show, not a high school talent show performance."

Viktor: "I can kind of see what they were going for here. I sense sort of a mysterious and dark stage setup was the idea here, but they just went about it the wrong way. Still though, I like the song."

Anna: "It isn't bad, it's just very bland, and perhaps boring at times. But it's not terrible."

02. Gregoryisgodistan
Lord Almighty Gregory and King Petrus XX Impersonator KASID99394DF - Lie, Lie, Lie

Viktor: "Well there were no deaths this time, which is a plus I suppose."

Anna: "If you want to look at it that way, sure. It's still shit."

Viktor: "It is, yes, but less so. This isn't the shit that results from an all-you-can-eat burrito buffet, but slightly less so."

Anna: "Couldn't have said it any better myself."

03. Santaclausisgodistan
Santa Claus - 365 Days of Christmas

Viktor: "Speaking of shit, here's 365 days of it."

Anna: "I feel like we're swearing too much. Also, this is probably the most obnoxious thing I think I've ever heard."

Viktor: "Yeah, I'd rather listen to Rick Leg on repeat for hours than this. But at least it's over now."

04. Polkopia
Luptani - On Lavit

Viktor: "It's nice that we did something new for a change. I half-expected us to send a half-naked girl in her early twenties."

Anna: "I think the only half-naked girl we've sent is that girl last year. But anyway, this song. I like it. I do. I think it's classy and subtle. Not sure if it's right for this competition though, but we'll find out, won't we?"

Viktor: "I just worry about them getting forgotten in the mix. I really like it too, but nothing really makes it stand out over the rest. The performance is good, but not phenomenal."

Anna: "I suppose. But good luck to these boys. They deserve it!"

05. Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Gertrude Pullman - Generic Love Song

Viktor: "What the hell was that?"

Anna: "I... I don't know what to say about this one. This one is just... I don't know any other word to describe it, but this one is just weird."

Viktor: "But I almost feel inclined to vote for her now. I don't know if the views back home caught that last bit, but the singer said that if she doesn't win, she'll go back to her old ways. I think I can speak for most of the Worldvision fans here when I say that we do NOT want the old Gertrude back... though this one isn't much better."

Anna: "But I also don't want her receiving points strictly for that reason."

Viktor: "I guess, but still. Whatever we can do to ensure a less shitty contest next edition."

06. San Llera
Seven - Alright

Viktor: "This would be a good song... if it were thirty years ago. Unfortunately, we've moved on past synthesizers and the like, but it doesn't seem as if though San Llera has."

Anna: "But look how happy he is! I don't think he even knows his song isn't great."

Viktor: "That's because, Anna, I don't think his hometown has grasped the concept of modern music. For all we know, this might be the top track in their backwards nation."

Anna: "Savage."

Viktor: "Me and a few friends at the station are playing a drinking game, and so far, I've had six shots and a beer. I'm feeling painfully honest right about now."

07. Ekoz
Max Ønarsson - Unconscious

Viktor: "This is the one where they wouldn't stop promoting the release of the song, right?"

Anna: "Yep!"

Viktor: "Hmph. If we promoted out entries like Ekoz, we'd hear as big of a cheer from the audience as this guy, Max, or whatever, just got."

Anna: "We got a pretty good cheer too, if I recall. Plus, this song's pretty good. I can see why the audience was excited to hear this."

Viktor: "No it isn't bad. But we have yet to hear something upbeat and good. I'm almost falling asleep and we're not even a quarter of the way through yet."

Anna: "Speak for yourself. I like it. It'll probably do well too, judging by the reaction of the crowd."

08. The Sarian
TBA - TBA

09. Krytenia
¡Mas Tequila! - MC/DJ

Viktor: "Oh! I don't think I'm required to drink for anything here... Ah, never mind. Take a sip every time half-naked ladies appear on the screen. Oh lord, this one is gonna hurt."

Anna: "Viktor! Why the hell would you agree to that!"

Viktor: "Umph. I don't know. Seemed like... Seemed like a good idea at the time."

Anna: "Whatever. Looks like I'll be putting in my two cents for this song then. But nah, not my type of song. Seems like it'd do well at the club or something, but in Worldvision? Not so much. The staging was pretty cool though, I'll give them that. Everything else is trash."

Viktor: "Alright, I'm good now. What'd I miss?"

Anna: "Nothing much. Besides, we're about to move on into Frenline Delpha."

10. Frenline Delpha
Ivana Cortana - To Kill A Mockingbird

11. Mister X
Entourage - My Only
Last edited by Polkopia on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 am

Electrumite Worldvision Commentary - Network ENN

Sonya Portelli: Hello, hello, hello Electrumites! We are finally here in Caen, after their countless bids, finally they have won the contest!
Max Hardwell: It's just so great to finally see them host, I know they'll be great hosts, that I am sure of.
Sonya: They love WorldVision just as much as we do. Max, what a beautiful city Caen is, eh?
Max: There's a sense of the old and the new here, as you can see by their introduction.
Sonya: Let's get the ball rolling with their introduction

-1. Introduction
Max: Sorry, but I wouldn't set that music to two children running through the streets. It's just creepy.
Sonya: The repeated attacks sound like a creep getting nearer and nearer towards them, yeah.
Max: Well that was one half of the song, but now it sounds a bit more nicer, and look, it's the children.
Sonya: Mainstays of the competition, but who really cares about the children to be honest? I'm just here for the music.
Max: Martin, Irinja and Wenoin? Wenoen? What the?
Sonya: Wenðín.
Max: Yeah. That.

0. Opening
Max: Just too much, far too much.
Sonya: Continues the tradition of the not-so-good opening song. But it's never a bad omen for the contest, so don't worry.
Max: I just didn't like his voice, sounded a bit too grungy, and didn't really make sense. Oh well. I'm sure the Normands will do better in their song.

1. Nobreloen
Sonya: Now there's a nation I haven't seen in ages, wow!
Max: Ethereal, light and airy.
Sonya: I don't quite know how to describe the music, but it is truly unique. I really like this song.
Max: I do too. And we liked Nobreloen way back in our debut, nice to see them back.

2. Gregoryisgodistan
Max: Another folk song after another, but this time from Gregoryisgodistan.
Sonya: Something I'd expect from Greg Llama Land, but this parody of Saintland is deadly funny with less death.
Max: And a cameo from the Lord Almighty himself.
Sonya: I wholeheartedly agree with the message, and I thought this was more polished than previous songs from Gregoryisgodistan.
Max: The Die Die Die flourish at the end is just beautiful, couldn't agree more.

3. Santaclausisgodistan
Max: Alright... he's just gone past 12.
Sonya: I thought they misprinted when the schedule said it will take about a few hours, so for the people at home, we're going to take a break from commentating.
---
Max: What you didn't know was that we started our coverage just a few hours late, so that we would be synced up once Santa sung the final verse.
Sonya: I got one of those blenders, very nice!
Max: What!? A thermomix?!
Sonya: Yeah, awesome, thank you Santa! Ahem, anyways, thoughts on the song?
Max: Too repetitive, it just got "Sarians Saring" "Jeckish Jecking" then we had the rings, lemons, XXX lines remaining, it just went on and on. The worst 365 days of Christmas ever.
Sonya: I enjoyed the "271 people who noticed..." that was hilarious. But yeah. Too long.

4. Polkopia
Sonya: Hm. What a dramatic song indeed.
Max: I would have liked for there to be more in the beginning, but otherwise, I love the build-up and the pay off is just wonderful, it truly is.
Sonya: Well, I don't like this song as much as they've sent previously, but I still like it.
Max: Really? I would have thought you would like this, because I sure did.
Sonya: Actually I do like it. It's different, it's not a girl singing, it's a 'boy band' if you can call it that. It's different, and I like it that way.
Max: Well I'm glad you like it.

5. Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Max: ... That was different.
Sonya: Well, that was half-normal, and the song was all poppy, all very unlike the Gertrude Pullman we know.
Max: Instead of lamenting about the other nations, she's lamenting about the song quality, which is you know... a bit rich.
Sonya: Hah! Sick and sweetly, and here she is doing pop. I don't know, it's a bit hypocritical but I love the song, it's very dreamy.
Max: Agreed on both counts.

6. San Llera
Max: I'm a bit disappointed with the staging, but this song is just wonderful, this really is.
Sonya: Wow. This truly is my style of song. This is excellent, sounds a bit funky, really is a song with attitude.
Max: I love this far more than their song last time.
Sonya: We've hit the groove!

7. Ekoz

8. The Sarian

9. Krytenia
Sonya: Rap? That's something you don't see everyday.
Max: Well we did send rap a few editions ago, and it didn't do too badly .
Sonya: I'm sorry, but I can not stand for the use of the #rekt hashtag.
Max: Haha yeah, well it's nightclub life, youth culture. It seemed a bit too try-hardy, but it's really not.
Sonya: Yeah, I don't mind this song too much.

10. Frenline Delpha

11. Mister X
Sonya: It's Entourage again.
Max: What song did they do again? What was it, I just can't quite remember...
Sonya: Well, you wouldn't -- it didn't vote well enough to get points in the Electrumite vote, but it was that really sweet song.
Max: Ah, that's it. Well, this seems like a familiar song, but it's at least more tolerable.
Sonya: Yeah, it doesn't over do it, good job Mister X.

12. Talvezout
Max: It's got that indie feel
Sonya: Yeah it does, and sung in the traditional voice. It's different to what we're used to, but I love it.
Max: I am super impressed, as always, this will do well in the Electrum vote, that I am sure.

13. Aloquirbe
Max: I just feel like some of the lyrics are just shoe-horned in there to rhyme. Lyrics don't have to rhyme people! It's nice when they do, but it's just unnecessary.
Sonya: Yeah I agree, the writing is a little bit weak, which is a shame because it features prominently throughout.
Max: But despite that criticism, I still like the song.

14. Britonisea
Max: It's the same formula Britonisea has come up with year after year, the strong lady singing by herself. Thoughts?
Sonya: Undoubtedly it will hold them in good stead in this edition I think, perhaps they won't underperform as they expect.
Max: Excellent staging, and it really fit the song.
Sonya: Well done Britonisea, good job on the song.

15. Aigéantir
Max: This song just takes far too long to get where it needs to go ... and it didn't really amount to what I expected, it took a while to finally
Sonya: Really, you didn't like it? I think it's awesome, really knocked my socks up
Max: Too repetitive too.
Sonya: I think that was the whole point of the song, but moving on.

16. Volcanoc
Sonya: One bit folksky, one bit hip hop, I just find it confusing.
Max: But I like it. Choreography excellent, really suits the song, intense and dramatic introduction, and I respect the tradition they've injected into the song.
Sonya: Well, whatever.
Max: That's the second time we've disagreed in a row, for a while I thought we were the same person.

17. The Sword Bloke
Max: They've modernised themselves I reckon, but it's still the same old The Sword Bloke that we're used to.
Sonya: Those of you playing WorldVision bingo, you can tick off the gratuitous violence mentioned in this song.
Max: This song is more tolerable than the others they sent I suppose, but it's only that.
Sonya: Shop Owner, what a multitalented person.

18. Palaiologos II
Max: It's a really sarcastic song, perhaps a commentary on society today?
Sonya: Really alternative songs this edition, it's really different to what we're used to.
Max: Yeah, agreed. It's almost as if they're trying too hard to be zany, what with the random paintings and costumes and the what have you
Sonya: I don't mind this song too much. UM yeah, bongs, smoking, it's got to be crazy.

19. Esta Lloviendo
Sonya: Really brave and mature song from Esta Lloviendo. I can see this not doing well in Worldvision, but I certainly like it.
Max: Yeah agreed, there's something about this song, but I just can't put my finger on it.
Sonya: It's just really, really deep.

20. Kalosia
Max: The first real slow song we've had in ages.
Sonya: Really refereshing, I'm getting really emotional, that's a strong voice.
Max: I really admire her, and of course it's from Kalosia, really great songs from them.
Sonya: The voice and piano combine to make such a dulcet tone
Max: A bit old school, but I love it.

21. Electrum
Sonya: Really simple song, sticks to the basics, and is funk/disco.
Max: We really need more of those songs don't we?
Sonya: Kane's a hottie too, I have to admit.
Max: I have a mancrush too.
Sonya: I just love love love this song, rebounding from a break up like that, excellent.
Max: I'm not going to add anything else. You've summed it up.

22. Izmedu
Max: This song is an art, it's truly beautiful.
Sonya: It's exquisite, really casts a light on ourselves
Max: Harks back to Illusion, doesn't it?
Sonya: What a great song, as always electrifying.

23. Dreamplanet
Max: We usually bag Dreamplanet for their staging, but casting aside those concerns, what an iconic riff - I will keep on remembering that. The one in the beginning.
Sonya: My one concern is that sometimes the lyrics don't really fit in with the rhythm, but this is fine.
Max: Perhaps they shouldn't be too hard on themselves like they usually are.

24. Gim
Sonya: Not a song I particularly like I have to admit.
Max: Far too high of a dumb to other words ratio. I just don't get this song.
Sonya: Shame. I liked their song in their previous incarnation, perhaps not as crazy next time Gim.

25. Normandy and Picardy
Sonya: Far better than their first two opening songs that's for sure.
Max: It's a lot more upbeat and poppy
Sonya: Another heartache song, all that longing
Max: A common theme.

26. Attican Republic
Max: To be honest, I don't see why people are complaining about the swear words. If they're there then it has to have a purpose, and it does.
Sonya: Just a bunch of prudes.
Max: In saying that, this song's got attitude. There's something about the line "Fuck thee, you little c*nt" which is hilarious.
Sonya: An excellent warrior for feminism, and says no sorrys.

27. Associated Godlands
Max: No words need to be said
Sonya: Boring.

28. Bloodbath Generation
Sonya: Nice wistful tune there.
Max: I'm just a little bit bored here
Sonya: Really?
Max: Yeah, it feels kinda cheesy.
Sonya: Rubbish.

29. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Sonya: And here's a nation which has beaten Electrum Diplomatic Office's record of longest nation name.
Max: I think the Kalosian song just outshines this one by far.
Sonya: Though in saying that, I liked the ending.
Max: Let's just hope you won't forget it all when it comes to the vote.
Sonya: Oh you Max, stop that!

30. Arioslavia
Sonya: Sounds kind of demonic, doesn't it?
Max: I don't know what Prokhorov but it doesn't make sense.
Sonya: But this is such an invigorating song. It's not a song you would usually see in WorldVision, but I'm glad this is here.
Max: The lyrics are impressive, fighting for your freedom. Great message.

31. Viis Kontaa
Sonya: A bit of a hit and miss for me. Something off with that voice.
Max: But the tune was good right?
Sonya: Yeah the tune was good, but again, the voice. Maybe someone deeper.

32. Francilie
Sonya: Great controlled voice
Max: I would be surprised if this didn't do well
Sonya: Yeah, I know what you mean. I like this song.
Max: Me too.
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:18 am

- P R E S E N T S -

WV42

[hopefully]
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Viis-Kontaa
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Viis-Kontaa » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:40 pm

31 VIIS KONTAA

Artists : Alpinists
Title : Infin el colm
Tune : Lovebugs - The Highest Heights

Ta preni chür d’jo
Talmeing chürmeing
Ta m’jo fii tgutia el mondo
De verso d’els nibles
Demoss’jo tüt
Jo essre chürüt

M’jo problemes esserere vanis
Esserere ors d’m’jo vis
Esserere destruises per t’eclero
Jo spera ta esse daco
Per prendar m’jo olt
Per fiar m’nus orolt

Ta ave montar prendar m’jo
Infin el maximolt colm ?

Jo ir prendar chür de ta
Sur el maximolt colm
Juste verso d’elas stelas
Nus irer tgutar el maximelio tgue
Jo ir demossar tüte revue
Ta avie revuer

Jo savi ta n’essere sur m’te pedes
Cura ta ire tgutar se
Plaze magicale
De juste recto d’ela muntogna
Nus esserre olt
Nus esserre orolt

Infin el maximolt colm ?
Jo mori per saveir

Jo verimeing per saveir

Ta ave prendar m’jo ?

Infin el maximolt colm ?
Jo mori per saveir

Jo verimeing per saveir

Ta ave prendar m’jo ?

You watched over me
So carefully
Made me seen the world
From beneath the clouds
Show me everything
I’ll be careless

My problems will vanish
Will get out of my way Esserere
Will be destroyed by your lightning
I hope you are willing
To take me high
To make us glad

Will you take me with you
To the highest summit ?

I’ll watch over you
On the highest summit
Just beneath the stars
We’ll see the best view
I’ll show you every dream
You could have dreamed

I know you won’t be on your feets
When you’ll see this
Magical place
From just above this mountain
We’ll be high
We’ll be glad

To the highest summit ?
I’m dying to know.

I really got to know.

Will you take me ?

To the highest summit ?

I’m dying to know.
I really got to know.

Will you take me ?

(sorry, no time to do stage stuff. hope you like the song tho)

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:08 pm

32 FRANCILIE

Artists : Lana Liré
Title : Lights
Tune : Sanna Nielsen - Undo

He was staying silent all the time
Didn't had any hope since he was
How many times I said he was the same
As the others playing in our lawn

I'm here tonight
To say "it's alright"

But I'll love him until my time

The lights shining bright
Over a poor soul without sight
Who don't know what's wrong, what's right
Gonna light up the long night

I know that this sentence is true
It's easier to say than to do
But i'll give it a try, i'll light up his night

Sorrow, sadly he's in sorrow
He thinks he's a shame
But i'll not give up

Sadly, sorry he can't be
Without all the words said to him

(music)

His night...
Lights...
Last edited by Francilie on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 am

33 Missus X

Rick Leg - "A L P H A B E T"
Tune: Carol Vorderman - "Motherfuckers" remix

Rick stands alone and raps this out:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M
N O P
Q R S
T U V W
X Y Z A B C D
E F G H

B B C
B B C
I S C rap!
N O P
Q R S
T U V W
X Y Z A B C D
E F G H

A B C D E F G H I J K L M!!!
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:00 pm

(As the last act leaves, the logo of the contest is shown on the background and Martin and Irinja return to the stage to the cheer of the crowd)
I: That's it. The last act has performed and the time is nearly there. You know what we mean don't you?
(As Irinja asks the crowd, they shout back "Yes", although some seem confused).
M: Now, the choice is in your hands. Only you can decide who the winner of this WorldVision Song Contest is, via landline, mobile phone or the official WorldVision app, which you can get on all major platforms right now.
I: Your commentator will give you details of how to vote by phone, and we will do so to the Normand audience.
(Irinja and Martin speak together now)
So Multiverse,
Start Voting Now!
(As commentators tell the audiences how to vote, Martin and Irinja do the same for the Normand audience)
Now, it's time for some music.
M: We invited last year's winner to perform here and of course they accepted, so now, show your appreciation for Mya Richardson, performing 'I Cry'!

Interval One - Last Year's Winner
Britonisea (GBK)
I cry, (I cry for them)
Mya Richardson
Lana Del Rey- Young & Beautiful

The crowd was cheering, loudly. A picture of her appeared on the screen, she was looking very deep in to the camera. She was not on stage just yet. She was staring at the camera. The stage was dark and the smoke machines turned on at maximum setting. The arena turned black, the only light coming from the arena was situated at the grand, focal point, of the stadium, the stage. The camera shot was of the eyes appearing to look at you. The music started. The winner was back on the WorldVision stage.

oooh,

An instrument from the strings family started to play. You could hear it slowly building volume as you could see a shadow appear at the back of the stage. She stood there. The crowd started to cheer loudly, as she started to sing the first verse of her truly terrifying song. This song emphasises the dark side of Abanese (ABEN Nations/ GBK) music, as this will be the 4th "dark" song out of the 16 sent to WorldVision over the past ten years.

I've come again, ashes of hell,
For my revenge.
Never there, so far,
Escalation.

She started to slightly walk forward. It was small baby steps. The Camera looked at the audience and the lights from cameras and phones flashing on and off, trying to get the first glimpse of the women who has been hidden away from the world for three years. The camera then went back on to the woman who's silhouette was becoming more visible by the naked eye. You could tell she was wearing high, dark heels, but her shirt came in contrast to that fact.

I sleep at night, tears in my eye,
Thinking, how aren't I good enough?
In my gut, this burning feel,
No doctor can make it heal.

She was singing louder as echoes of the words "enough" and "heal" showed the true hollowness of the arena. People started to whoop as the chorus began to build up. She came even closer to the front of the stage, and at the front of the stage was a microphone stand. Just standing there, waiting to be touched by the female singer. The camera shot still on her.

While I'm alone, with no one to hold,
I cry every night.
When I cry, sleepless nights,
No one is there to guide me,
I cry again,
I cry again,
I cry for them.
While I'm alone, with no to hold,
I cry for them.

Five blue lights then dispersed in to the crowd, as she approached the microphone. She looked around at the audience almost devilishly. The picture behind her on the screen showing the fuzz of an 80s television, and an appearing skull. Her eyes appearing from behind this. She looked in to the camera which was square in front of her. Her eyes did not move, nor blink. She was still.

My soul, liquorice black,
My blood's a venom.
Don't come to close, your life postponed,
This grounds is what I own.

She then showed us what the tattoo said on her left arm. It read, "Dried Blood seeps through my veins as venom." It was a wash off tattoo so she wasn't going to have that on her forever. She was still stable at her place, however the smoke machines were turned off as a man and a woman came on stage. They weren't wearing any top. The woman was wearing a top that only showed her stomach and her back. The man was wearing nothing on top. They started to do this monster, creature like dance on the stage behind of Mya Richardson. The camera focussed on the skilled dancers, as a drum sound aroused the stadium, as thousands of hairs stood on end.

I sleep at night, tears in my eye,
Thinking, why can't I be enough?
In my gut, this burning thought,
No psychiatrist can make me feel love.

The chorus began again, the music felt as though it was getting louder and faster. The two skilled dancers then came up to Mya and the man touched her shoulders as the woman clenched the span of her hands across Mya's leg. She stared blankly in to the camera. Her eyes were getting red, the skilled dancers' eyes were already red.

While I'm alone, with no one to hold,
I cry every night.
When I cry, sleepless nights,
No one is there to guide me,
I cry again,
I cry again,
I cry for them.
I cry for them.

Then, she started to stand taller. Then people now almost holding her, the man around the neck and the women around the waste. She wasn't able to move, the microphone was still in the microphone however the dancers looked like they were almost dragging her back, making it look like she was struggling to the microphone, this meant that she had to sing louder. The bridge started;

Oh Hell, when I reach you,
Burn me deep in your cells,
Make sure I don't escape.
Father, I don't want to leave,

A picture of a man, an orchestrator was leading a orchestra. The backing colour was red, purple and red, and it looked as though it was speeded up. Then you would see her face, and then you would see a shot of her walking towards a red light at the end of a long passage way; this is reflected here, where it shows what happens exactly. This is what the viewers can see at home.

The stage turned red and black.

Make me burn, Make me suffer,
This human being, filthy from the gutter,
I reach the light, to realise,
I am not there.

There was a pause on the stage. Then she started singing in an octave higher. She then "found the strength" and jumped as the dancers were pushed back, sliding a few feet away from the centre of her point. The camera now focused on her as a tear dropped down her face, a trail of blackness ran down her face.

I sleep at night, tear in my eye,
Thinking, why can't I be enough?
In my gut, this burning thought,
No psychiatrist can make me feel love.

The smoke machine started again and it was on full speed. You could see her slowly backing away in to the cloud which is rapidly growing. She took the microphone with her, so you could still hear her. Suddenly the lights turned off, but the stage now glowing a silver, viewable from the back of the arena.

I cry again,
I cry again,
I cry for them.
I cry for them.

As the song ended, the crowds cheered loudly as their last winner thanked them. Martin and Irinja meet her on the stage and give her a welcoming Normand cuddle. The cameras switched over to the greenroom, were the second part of the interval was to begin...

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:00 pm

The Greenroom

(As the first interval act ends, the cameras turn from the stage to the greenroom - which is inside the stadium - where the acts have been chatting amongst each other and watching the other acts all night. Wenðín stands at the front, beginning to speak)

Wenðín: Hello WorldVision!

(Instantly, the crowd cheer very loudly as Wenðín says this. She waits for the cheering to die down before she carries on speaking)

I am Wenðín Askvalen and I am here in the greenroom, with all the lovely acts that have performed here tonight.

(She begins walking towards the Polkopian delegation, the cameras following her. She continues to speak as she does so)

As part of my job, I need to choose one of these lovely acts to speak to. How about you, Luptani?

(Once again, the crowd cheer, this time for the Polkopian act, Luptani. As she reaches and greets them, she begins asking them a series of questions).

Now, Luptani, How do you think your performance went tonight?

Anton: I think it went very well. We rehearsed it for awhile, hoping to get the perfect result, but I think what we gave was good enough. We sing well together since we've been a group for years now, and I hope it showed on the stage.

Wenðín: What do you think crowd? Did they give a good performance?

(There is a loud cheer in the crowd and some voices shouting "YES" can be heard. There is also a lot of flag waving, especially from the Polkopians. Wenðín then carries on with her interview)

You started very early on, so you've had plenty of time to watch the other acts. Do any of you have any favourites?

David: I liked the entry from... eh.. Aigeantir! Yeah, that's right. They had a really catchy song, and it was really different. That was my favorite of the night.

Wenðín: Interesting choice... anyway, Do you feel any pressure representing Polkopia, considering how well they've done in previous contests?

Vladimir: Of course there's always pressure, because we want to represent our country well in a such a prestigious contest, but all we can do is give our best. If we do that, then I feel we've done our job, and we've done exactly that, I think.

Wenðín: Finally, Do you have anything you want to say to anyone here in the audience or back home in Polkopia?

David: Yes. Thank you, thank you all so much for your support. We hope that you liked our performance. You guys are the um... reason, I think, that we're here in the first place, so we wouldn't be here without you. Thank you all so much again!

(The crowd cheer loudly after David speaks, and Wenðín begins to speak again)

Wenðín Thank you for your time. Now, let's go back to Martin and Irinja, who will introduce the next interval act.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:01 pm

(The cameras turn back to the stage, where Martin and Irinja stand. They begin speaking to the audience again)

I: Thank you Wenðín.
M: Now, tonight - as you've probably guessed - you've been here in Caen. We have welcomed you with wide open arms, and have been your hosts for this evening
(The Normand section of the crowd cheers wildly, and the rest of the crowd cheer as well)
I: So, we want to make sure you feel welcome, and as this is a song contest, we thought that it would be best to deliver our message of welcome through a song
M: So, we found two Normand artists, Mark Resnal and Hujo Cenevi, and got them to go around the multiverse, learning the words for welcome from the countries competing tonight
I: And then, they wrote a song. So, welcoming you here to Caen, it's Mark and Hujo!

Interval Three - Welcome
Mark and Hujo
The Young Professionals - D.I.S.C.O

Mark Resnal and Hujo Cenevi have been friends since childhood, both having grown up in the same area of Caen. They both attended the School Of Music in Rouen, the most prestigious music centre in the country. Although both went their separate ways musically, and both have been rivals in the Hauta 30 (The Normand music charts), they have remained very close friends. This is why they both accepted the invitation to be part of the interval act at this contest. They both have put their stamps on this song, resulting in what they have described as ,"Bubbly, disco-esque, electro-popy music". The song is a message of welcome, and so Mark and Hujo decided to welcome everyone in their own languages, to create of inclusiveness. Therefore, they travelled around the multiverse learning about different cultures and languages, and different sights and sounds. So, enjoy.

After Martin and Irinja leave the stage, and the final checks have been made, the song begins. The stage is totally dark, but as the music fades in so do the lights, revealing a strange seen. Mark, wearing clothes very similar to this, and with face paint that looks somewhat like this, whereas Hugo is wearing a black jacket, a white shirt and skinny jeans. The stage is covered in large cubes, littered all over the stage. As the words of welcoming are sung, like "Salve", they appear on the background, the lettering coloured in the flag of that nation. Mark begins to sing, and Hujo is playing on his synthesizers.

Salve
Dočekati to our friends in Izmedu
And Wälyëco to you all in Talvezout

We welcome you to our home
We welcome you to our show
Bienvenida to you all
Welcome multiverse
Welcome to you all

As the chorus begins, the cubes begins showing the flag of a different competing country every two beats on there sides, and the background shows a large "Welcome" made up of the flags of different countries. Four men wearing large high heels, full teal suits and with candy-floss pink hair walk onto the stage, and it turns out these are backing singers who get behind a set of microphone stands covered with different flags. Mark and Hujo stay exactly where they are.

Bonjavis é Caen
Bonjavis é Caen
Bonjavis Monde (the e is pronounced like 'eh')
Bonjavis é Caen

As the next verse begins, the different words of "Welcome" again show on the background. However, they are black and surrounded by a white outline, on a background of all the different flags of the competing nations.

Velkøm
Bienvenue, Fáilte, Bienvenida
Bunvenurët to all you in Kalosia

We hope you've had good time
But please, don't go yet
There's so much more to see
So come with is on this journey

As the chorus begins, not much changes. The cubes continue showing the flags, and Welcome switches through different languages on the background .

Bonjavis é Caen
Bonjavis é Caen
Bonjavis Monde [the e is pronounced like 'eh']
Bonjavis é Caen

As the next section begins, the backing dancers walk backwards of stage with their microphones. The background now shows the flags of every country in vertical columns.

Dobrit Povonit
Bienvenkomme
Can you feel it?
Can you feel the moment?
Now the choice is yours
The acts have performed
And now it's up to you to make a winner

During the instrumental, Mark walks around, getting the crowd involved. Three men wearing cubes on their head walk onto the stage in a robotic manner. The cubes show webcam images of families across the multiverse wishing their countries the best of luck. As the singing begins again, Mark returns to the centre and his microphone stand.

Dobrit Povonit
Bienvenkomme
Can you feel it?
Can you feel the moment?
Now the choice is yours
The acts have performed
And now it's up to you to make a winner

As the final chorus begins, some of the vertical columns change to black, creating a pattern of black and flags. The final chorus is sung in English to get the welcoming message across. The three men with cubes have left the stage, leaving just Mark and Hujo. The cameras pan around both the stage and the audience. The lights are now back to a normal colour than red.

Welcome to Caen
Welcome to Caen
Welcome World
Welcome to Caen

As the song ends, the lights fade out again, and now the cameras turn to the right habd side of the stage where Martin and Irinja stand behind a platform with part of the background behind them and decorated with the circular "moment". As the audience applaud, Martin and Irinja begin to speak.

I: Thank you Mark and Hujo.
M: Now, Multiverse, don't vote any longer. The Lines Close NOW!
I: You have had your say, and the result of this 42nd WorldVision Song Contest will be known soon. Whilst we wait for the results to be confirmed, we will exain how this will world
M: We will go to each country and they will reveal their top 10 songs. 12 points will go the their favourite, 10 to their second and 8 to 1 for the rest of them. The country with the most points after all countries have given their votes will be crowned the winner.
I: We now have a result, so let's go to our first country for the first votes of the night...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Enlarged photo
ImageImage
Daniel on the left. Jasper on the right.

Live Voting of the 42nd WorldVision Song Contest in Caen, Normandy and Picardy with your hosts, Daniel Richards and Jasper Hunt.

D: Well, the WorldVision Song Contest has finished, and it's a shame because big names like Todlichebujoku is not participating in the contest this time round, nevertheless, we are still here and voting for the winner must continue! 33 nations now vote for their winner. Who is going to win ladies and gentlemen?

Interval Act One

J:Yeah! Britonisea's song. I am very please Mya is here. Making her 3rd appearance on a stage in WorldVision. Good on you girl.
D: I agree, she has been doing well in her career and she says she will come back to the contest, whether she sings or not, only future will tell!
J: This is mind boggling. Next song.

Greenroom

J: If Polkopia wins, I blame Normandy and Picardy.
D: We should have an interview or Izmedu or something. Poor Izmedu.
J: Or Kalosia.
D: Don't get me started on them!

Interval Act Three

D: Bienvenkomme! And the Contest draws to a close. Eventhough it was a small contest, it was certainly the longest, and high quality one.
J: Yes, and I look forward to seeing the winners!
D: Let's get started!
J: Vote Number One!

1. Volcanoc Votes

J: Three points to Aloquirbe, but no points to dear Britonisea! This puts Aloquirbe in the lead.
D: Mister X got a 12 points from them. Mister X always seems to get good points at the start, a repeat of last year?
J: Possibly, I doubt Aloquirbe and Britonisea voting Mister X though. It is unlikely Mister X would vote for us too.
D: Yeah, it doesn't look to good for the champions.

2. Polkopia Votes

J: And there again, Aloquirbe gets five points. Nothing major, but that puts them to 8 points while Britonisea...
D: None. It is quite weird. I though Polkopia would like our kind of song.
J: I agree, that's a shame. If Polkopia doesn't vote for us, it is likely we won't win!
D: It is certainly looking that way; it seems like the rotary is taking it's course. Do well, and not. Do well, and not!

3. The Sword Bloke Votes

J: Nothing here. But Twelve to Gregoryisgodistan.
D: Very interesting, I don't understand Gregoryisgodistan's song, but what the heck.
J: Eight to Mister X, let's see how far they fare.

4. Talvezout Votes

D: Finally! We got a five! Something we need for once. Please! We need more.
J: Yeah, that's starts it for us. Let's hope we can get more votes. We want votes. Please.
D: That means it is eight to Aloquirbe...
J: And five to Britonisea. Britonisea is closing in, but anything can happen!
D: Ew, Twelve points go to Kalosia!
J: I actually think Kalosia will win this edition, no joke.

5. Esta Lloviendo Votes

D: Six to Aloquirbe putting them on fourteen and us on five. The gap has widened.
J: It looks interesting, a nice race between the Baenen Unionee so far.
D: Next up is San Llera.

6. San Llera Votes

D: Another twelve for Kalosia, jumping infront of us!
J: Yeah, nothing for the Baenen Unionee but life is such I guess. The "E" nations doing well on the board.
D: Ekoz didn't turn out too great, did they?
J: Unfortunately not, come on Ekoz!

7. Associated Godlands vote

D: Right, Volcanoc got 10 and the alphabet got 12. If I was so smart, I would sing the fecking alphabet and get twelve points; that's ridiculous.
J: Yep, some unfair voting going on here! I don't like it at all, but that's WorldVision for you!
D: I agree, Aloquirbe though, got 4 points which brings 18 points to Aloquirbe and Five to us, the Britonish. Not looking great for us.

8. Gregoryisgodistan Votes

D: 1 to Britonisea!
J: 12 to The Sword Bloke. I love how we beat Shop Owner in the TOCAO. Love it.
D: You watch tennis?
J: Yep, all the time...
D: Thanks! Let's move on to Santaclausiswhatever. Let's not hope they give out 365 points.

9. Santaclausigisgositan Votes

D: Four Points! Nice one! That brings Britonisea's total to ten, and Aloquirbe still at eighteen. Eight behind. Is that gap going to close?
J: The Sword Bloke is ahead of us though as they receive another 12 points. Bloc Voting.
D: Normandy and Picardy down on two points, I think it deserves a bit more than that...
J: Let's hope they get more points.

10. Arioslavia

D: There we go, 12 points to Normandy and Picardy, that's more like it!
J: Interesting, we got a six which places us at 16, two behind Aloquirbe.
D: Nice, Kalosia got one. One point. Izmedu got ten.
J: Right, let's carry on. Dreamplanet next!
D: Let's go

11. Dreamplanet

J: YES! TWELVE POINTS! Britonisea are in the sky for true now...
D: Grand! That puts us to 28 points. Ten ahead of Aloquirbe. Who is getting to 47 points first?
J: I am not sure, there are lots of talk that Britonisea might do better than Aloquirbe. However, Aloquirbe had a great performance, and I don't even know anymore.
D: Let's carry on seeing the turnout of the votes.

12. Normandy and Picardy

D: So the hosts give Britonisea nothing, however, Aloquirbe gets a bite of the 12 points. Aloquirbe is now at 20.
J: Poor Baenen, we are not doing too well are we?
D: Well we still have a lot of nations left to go.
J: Yep, we do!
D: Let's carry on.

13. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles

J: A point. One point. 29: 20.
D: I don't know about this edition, not a lot of points are being awarded.
J: Yeah, the points are quite spread, so at the end, at 73 pointer could get you 5th place!
D: Let's hope!

14. Aigéantir

D: Yas! 36: 22! This was a great jump for us, very good.
J: Thanks Aigéantir
D: Let's carry on with the voting!

15. Aloquirbe

J: Five to Britonisea, that's nice.
D: Yeah, very nice indeed.
J: Shall we carry on?
D: Yep!

16. Krytenia

D: 8 to Aloquirbe, that's also great nice! 41: 30! The gap is closing!
J: I want to know the winner already!
D: This is great voting!
J: Shall we move on!

17. Attican Republic

J: Wow, And Aloquirbe finally caught up to Britonisea. Kind of, 41:40.
D: I like this. Who is going through WV43? Who's going to qualify?
J: Next up...

18. Izmedu

D: Seven! Seven! Seven! 48:40. Lol.
J: Is Aloquirbe going to make a come back?
D: Let's see, thanks Izmedu.

19. Palaiologos II

J: SIX SIX SIX! 48:46, very close indeed.
D: Shhh, next up is Britonisea!
J: Shhhh!

20. Britonisea

D: EDO for 12? That's strange!
J: Naughty Britonisea, awarding Aloquirbe five points and look!
D: 48:51! Britonisea made Aloquirbe out pass them. Shame.
J: Literally, we must go on. Let's see if we can bag some more points!

21. Gim

J: A whopping 12 points to Aloquirbe there, that was unexpected!
D: And one point to Britonisea; I doubt them coming up from this!
J: Well done Gim, thanks, next up is Mister and Missus X and I bet you there are no points in store for Britonisea.

22. Mister X

D: We were right, Don't like them anyways.
J: Why are the giving 12 points to them?

23. Missus X

D: Well I expected those kind of votes from this nation.
J: Next?

24. Nobreloen

J: Thanks! A nation with a heart! 6 and 8 points.
D: That's perfect for us, we've received votes from many nations!
J: We're popular!

25. Electrum

D: Vote4Electrum! Vote4Electrum!
J: No points here, however...

26. Electrum Diplomatic Offices

J: Eight points! I love this nation.
D: Yeah, they give us something when others don't give us any.
J: Thanks Electrum! Vote4Electrum

27. Kalosia

D: Did I give Kalosia permission to vote for us? No.
J: Thanks Kalosia for those points for both Britonisea and Aloquirbe.
D: But they're out of order for even showing the name up there, if they're going to make a big fuss.
J: They're not the ones making a big fuss here.

D: I heard that if ToBu were in the contest, we wouldn't have been in their top 10.
J: That's rude, isn't it?
D: Very rude, indeed.
J: Thanks ToBu. Didn't like you anyways.
D: Come on Jasper! I am supposed to be the hater here!

28. Francilie

J: Thanks Francilie. We are on fire!
D: We are doing very well, yes. Not as good as previous times, but still doing well.
J: Yeah, let's carry on, still a few left, let's see if we can get a trickle.

D: WHAT? KALOSIA WON! OMG, I DEMAND SOME SORT OF RE-VOTE BECAUSE...NO. THIS IS UNFAIR!
J: We came 5th and 6th, goodnight, and maybe we'll see you in Estogium as they bid to host their contest in Darlington, but, we are up against...
D: Kalosia :evil:
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Volcanoc
Attaché

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanoc » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Volcanoc Votes!

Priest Harlem, a famous Volcanic male model, appears on screen in his gym.
"Why hello, friends. It's time to vote for he WVSC in Caen! And the Volcanoc votes go...

1 vote to Francilie
2 votes to The Sword Bloke
3 votes to Aloquirbe
4 votes to Missus X
5 votes to Santaclausisgodistan
6 votes to Polkopia
And 7 votes to Palaiologos II.

Now 8 Points go to... KRYTENIA!
10 points are for... ELECTRUM!
And tonight's first 12 points go to... MISTER X!

Thanks you, Caen. And because this year there was no jury for Volcanoc, I can't be executed for voting for The Sword Bloke."
An office outside Mr Harlem's gym quickly turns to dust, that being the voting office as it blows up, 123 people working in there killed instantly. 1 employee runs as he's free (he thinks), before he gets struck by lightning, killing him as well.
"Well as I said, goo night Caen!"
What is a place? Atlantis is a place.
Puppet of The Sword Bloke
Population: 4,846,955
Prime Minister: Priest Major Gulan
BoF 59 Quarter Finalist
5th Atlntis Football Cup Host

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm

"Hello Caen, hello world. This is Polkopia calling. Wonderful show tonight, thank you for a fabulous show, Normandy and Picardy. Now, here are the Polkopian votes:"

12 points: Izmedu
10 points: Gim
8 points: Kalosia
7 points: Aigeantir
6 points: Ekoz
5 points: Aloquirbe
4 points: Bloodbath Generation
3 points: Arioslavia
2 points: Normandy & Picardy
1 point: Mister X
Last edited by Polkopia on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:17 pm

The Sword Bloke Votes!
"OK, OK. I know our song will win. Shop Owner and One Hit Jimson in the stalls, yo! Now, for points...

1 point to Monaero Plissoguets or whatever they're called.
2 votes to Santaclausisgodistan for a lovely long song!
3 votes for Electrum for a nice song about what people missed.
4 votes for Missus X. You gotta love the alphabet!
5 votes for the Attican Republic, for demonstrating what we do to prisoners!
6 votes for San Llera, for a work of art. Terrible running order spot, but who cares? A work of art.
And... 7 votes for Krytenia. Next year we're sending a rap song!

OK. 8 points for... Mister X and their beautiful song from a band with experience in this contest, like me and the Meltons!
10 points for... Palaiologos II! What a song! States the problems with staging, which is there is! Should have mentioned the director for 12 though!
And 12 points go to... Gregoryisgodistan!

Good night Caen, and don't forget to vote for your winner, The Sword Bloke!
And just a note the fan awards have been cancelled, but they'll be on next year!"
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads