NATION

PASSWORD

Democritus Regional Senate (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Orostan wrote:"Would this measure affect the dealings of Orostani Worker Cooperatives as well as private industry?"

"Private and Nationalized or worker cooperative industries are not affected by this bill."
Last edited by Greater Persian State on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:30 pm

NAY

NAY
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Grandes Terres wrote:NAY

NAY

"We once again ask why Grandes Terres is so obstinate on this issue?"
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Nay on both accounts.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:19 pm

"I am afraid we will have to vote Nay to both parts of this resolution. It puts too much power in the DRS speaker."
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:13 am

"Zahra, you do not need to know a sovereign nations matters. Nay and Nay."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:14 am

DRS Proposal: Nigerian Artifacts Settlement

Observing numerous Nigerian artifacts were taken to foreign nations in the aftermath of the war for "protection" without consent of Nigerian officials.

Believing that these artifacts are a vital piece of Nigerian pride and culture.

Seeing as Nigeria is currently kept peaceful by the DRS, and is moving towards peace.

Hereby requires all Nigerian artifacts moved in the aftermath of the war be returned to DRS-protected Historical Sites and Museums in Nigeria.

AYE: Greater Persian State, Orostan, Luxil, Puertollano, Sovereign Nation of Ladvania, Losconia
NAY: Grandes Terres
Last edited by Greater Persian State on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:23 am

"Aye. We suggest the Italian Government is specifically named."
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:45 pm

DRS Proposal: Proportional Reperations Peace Bill

As the delegates are no doubt familiar, the war against Zackaroth has caused inoccent blood to be spilled on both sides. This bill, in the interests of peace, recognizes that:

1- The DRS Investigation lead by Speaker Zara Roshan has determined both Orostan and Zackaroth committed war crimes against eachother. This verdict may be disputed, but this bill does not dispute it.

2- Approximately ten million people were killed in Orostan as a direct result of Zackrothian bombs.

3- Approximately four million people in Puertollano were killed by Zackrothian bombs.

4- Citizens of Luxil and other nations were killed by Zackrothian bombs while in Orostan and Puertollano.

5- Massive infrastructure damage has been inflicted on both Orostan and Puertollano

6- Environmental damage has been inflicted on parts of the Amazon Rain Forest, and other Orostani Forests.

7- One million people, approximately, were killed in Zackaroth by Orostani bombs.

8- Infrastructure, governmental and industrial, were damaged by the Orostani counter attack.

9- Citizens from other nations may have been killed in Zackaroth by Orostani bombs.

This bill further stipulates that;

10- Orostan shall pay the full burden of Zackrothian rebuilding costs

11- Orostan shall pay reparations to the families of people killed in Zackaroth, and shall issue a formal apology on the matter.

12- Orostan shall not pay for any military damages suffered by Zackaroth.

13- Zackaroth shall pay the full burden of Orostani rebuilding costs.

14- Zackaroth shall pay reparations to the families of those killed in Orostan, from Orostan and other nations.

15- Zackaroth shall pay the full burden of Puertollan rebuilding costs

16- Zackaroth shall pay reparations to the families of those killed in Puertollano, and their families, from Puertollano and other nations.

17- This Peace Bill is to be signed in the city of Toss or another reasonable location by the leaders of all nations directly involved in the war.

AYE: Orostan, Losconia(NAF), Luxil, Puertollano, Greater Persian State
NAY: Zackaroth, Grandes Terres
Last edited by Orostan on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Sovereign Nation of Ladvania
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:51 pm

"Aye to the Nigerian artifact settlement"

Losconia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Losconia » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Aye for the Nigerian Artifacts Settlement.

Aye Proportional Reparations Peace Bill, it's the closest thing we will get for a compromise.

Luxil
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxil » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Aye to the Nigerian Artifacts Settlement

Aye to the Proportional Reperations Peace Bill

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Aye.

Aye, however there is an error of information, Puertollano did not kill anybody in Zackaroth, nor did why sustain any damage to Zackarothian infrastructure.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Puertollano wrote:Aye.

Aye, however there is an error of information, Puertollano did not kill anybody in Zackaroth, nor did why sustain any damage to Zackarothian infrastructure.

"That error will be corrected. I mistakenly thought that Puertollan missiles had struck Zackaroth."

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Nay, and again should this bill pass we shall not adhere to it

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Zackaroth wrote:Nay, and again should this bill pass we shall not adhere to it

"Zackaroth will, or the DRS may take action against it."

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Orostan wrote:
Zackaroth wrote:Nay, and again should this bill pass we shall not adhere to it

"Zackaroth will, or the DRS may take action against it."

Then let them take action. We will pay nothing

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 am

NAY to both proposals. The Italian government is monitoring post-war Nigeria, which it deems not stable enough currently, contrary to the views of the DRS, to house such precious artefacts, the artefacts shall be kept in Italy until the Italian government deems Nigeria in a stable position to protect and preserve these precious artefacts.
Last edited by Grandes Terres on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:15 am

"Aye, but a correction. The Speaker did not lead the investigation, she appointed an Independent Special Counsel."
Last edited by Greater Persian State on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:32 am

DRS Proposal: international Sanctions on Zackaroth

1. Noting that in peace negotiations Orostan repeatadly compromised on demands.

2. Noting that the Zackrothian government has never even tried to negotiate, and has refused to comply with two DRS bills.

3. Also noting that Zackaroth has commited war crimes in the past,

4. Hereby orders all nations in the DRS place a 50% tariff on all exports to Zackaroth, voiding all free trade agreements with Zackaroth for the time being.

5. Should Zackaroth refuse to comply with DRS legislation again, a 100% tariff shall be put on all imports and exports to and from Zackaroth.

6. Should Zackaroth still refuse to comply, a trade ban will be placed on exports of items not essential for human life to Zackaroth.

7. Should Zackaroth still not comply, a 10% tariff shall be placed on food exports to Zackaroth.

8. Should Zackaroth still not comply, the tariff on food exports to Zackaroth shall double every week until the Zackrothian government does comply to DRS legislation.

AYE: Orostan, Puertollano

NAY:
Last edited by Orostan on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 am

OOC: i think time is still frozen Orostan.

Which in that case The previous two bills haven't passed yet.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:18 am

United Democratic Christian States wrote:OOC: i think time is still frozen Orostan.

Which in that case The previous two bills haven't passed yet.

OOC: fugg xxxd

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Aye.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Puertollano wrote:Aye.

United Democratic Christian States wrote:OOC: i think time is still frozen. Puertollano.

Which in that case The previous two bills haven't passed yet, and bills can't be intoduced
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Losconia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Losconia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm

The DRS is still frozen, anything proposed here during this time will not have any IC merit, stop posting

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates