NATION

PASSWORD

The Democritus Times (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Both Shoemaker and Merkel make statement about Isamu Hamamoto

"These ignorant Japanese fools think they can talk crap about the GU! They have no right! We gave them 50 years to do sometching about Indochina, they did nothing! So now when we are practically forced to help Indochina is when Japan Condemns us. Can you believe it? Outrageous! Altough I must give credit where credit is do, Adam Shoemaker is a spineless brainless b*tch! However let us hand this Internally."

-Angela Merkel

"Isamu, im very sorry you think we were after a overseas dominion like we had in northern Laos, we however did not have that same intention heading into this war, this war is more about defense of the French Domionions, I complete understand your frustration, however I would love nothing more than to bring eventual peace under a democratic rule in the region.

Now about insult, please be civilized, I'm not spinless and foolish. And these wars aren't intentional nor are they in the interest of my people, but for the ultimate goal of achieving democracy and freedom for all in the region."
-Adam Shoemaker
Last edited by United Democratic Christian States on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Sixth Republic begins warhead elimination

President Leonard has traveled to a classified facility in the Algerian Desert, where in accordance with the recently passed DRS Nuclear Nonproliferation Agreement, he has personally given the order to eliminate 10% of the French Nuclear Warhead stockpile. This means that 50 warheads are to be removed from the French Nuclear Reserves, and deactivated. Outside the Republic Parliament in Paris, large crowds are gathering to commemorate the landmark achievement.

Mass Arrests

Border Guards and Army squads have made a large number of arrests over the last 24 hours, as they apprehend illegal travelers attempting to cross the Franco-Swiss border. Drones were also deployed to help track the migrants from the air as they tried to cross into Switzerland without submitting to Republic border protocols. Further investigations are ongoing.

OOC: Smaller post than I wanted as I'm short on time, sorry.

Sovereign Nation of Ladvania
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:41 pm

INTOLERANT TO CRITIZISM

WILL RIGHT TOMORROW

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm

High Leader signs deals with Japan. Other Asian countries to follow?
The High Leader today formally announced multiple deals with the nation of Japan. "With the oil market in such a flux thanks various wars and confusing moves by other countries, a deal that places a set price on oil in the long run is beneficial to Zackaroth and Japan. This stops both countries from having to recalculate payment for shipments over and over in a market where the prices have been all over recently. Japan's willingness to also help invest our robotics market is extremely beneficial as well. While Zackaroth has been on the forefront of information technology for the last few years, one department we have struggled in is robotics. Obviously with Japan's help this provide citizens new jobs and opportunities to grow.

Our shared Cyber Defense Program is also an area that can only benefit both nations. As seen by the tragedy a few months ago, other nations can and will use any electronic device to attack. Even our most sacred grounds are not immune from attacks. Thus having another nation assist in attack and defense efforts to keep both safe is an extreme boon"

Palestine Unrest causing issues at border

Since the end of the last Syrian War, the country of Palestine has been an a massive economic downturn. Backing the Syrain rebels, their role in the war was brought to a swift end by Israel and Zackaroth shooting down the plane their president at the time was in. This has caused an almost sesscion like crisis in the small state as various factions constantly argue about the future for the country. With no clear vision it has suffered and thus many of it's citizen's have been heading to Zackaroth, the only real place they would feel welcomed. However, that route was closed off, literally as the Zackarothian side of the Allenby Birdge was shut down, barring any travel to and from the country. There has been no official government response from either side on this yet but tensions have been simmering as a riot almost broke out when some Palestinians where turned away.

Luxil
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxil » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Rebirth

The Quirinal Palace, Rome. "Republic of Italy"

Alessio Silvestri, now holding the title of Prime Minister of Italy, was sitting in his office in the Quirinal Palace. He has just gotten into office, but he already had an idea of what he planned to do. In fact, he knew what he wanted to do even before becoming prime minister.

"That official too, he has a record of using politics to further his personal profits," said Alessio. The first thing he planned to do was to purge corrupt officials from office. Corruption was going to form no matter what in a democracy, so action had to be taken against it. People who took advantage of the law, yet claimed to serve it, had to be dismissed from their job. Alessio's ideal government was one which would be ruled by a wise and strong leader, but unfortunately, he knew that he couldn't do that. Or could he?

As he was purifying the Italian government, he thought about his long time childhood friend. Edmond de Graye, a person fit to be a leader. Alessio pondered to himself, "Where in the world is he now, only God knows."

Thinking about his childhood friend, he remembered what he would have wanted him to do in this situation. Alessio thought about it for a long while. He thought to himself, "How would be the best way to do it? Alessio was already determined to make a strong government, which would unite the people of Italy. No, not just that, Alessio thought to himself. "Would it be fair to those living in Italian North Africa, who are treated like second class citizens?" A new national identity had to be formed. Luxil sounded perfect to Alessio. Lux represent light and luxury, something fit for the New World, where the new state would live in perfect order and harmony.

However, Alessio knew that before a person could run, they had to learn to walk, and before they could walk, they had to learn to crawl. Essentially, the path had to be paved for greatness before it could be reached. With that said, Alessio started his second major move. With the purge of corruption underway, Alessio figured that he may as well unify Metropolitan Italy and Italian North Africa.

A few hours later, a meeting was called between the nations leading officials. After a lengthy discussion, it was decided that Metropolitan Italy and Italian North Africa would be unified into one entity, Italia. The new official name of the country would be the Republic of Italia.
Last edited by Luxil on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helensted
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Helensted » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Into the Mountains...

A disclosed location near Lake Geneva, Switzerland.

Monsieur Edmond de Graye sits in his private chambers located in a disclosed bunker near the Swiss lake of Geneva. Evaluating his final preparations for the ultimate ignition of the flame come to be called Helen's Stead, it has become apparent that the ideology been transformed from that of an Aquitaine movement to that more representing the creation of a more perfect union in Switzerland. Largely to the word of his right hand, Monsieur Robert Bolinger, de Graye has evacuated all of his loyalists from the French mainland. Those that remain in France are stationed at his home on the island of Chateau D'If.

In mid thought, two knocks at his door. Upon welcoming the arrivals into his chambers, he sees that the visitors are his trusted friend, Robert Bolinger, and his key military advisor, Adelaide Favager. Favager is the first to speak up, "Monsieur de Graye, Monsieur Bolinger and I have taken it upon ourselves to help in your final preparations. I've constructed some plans regarding the movement of our initial assault and defense, while Robert has written a clear message to the people of the world. Under the guidance of Helen's Stead, we will create a light in Switzerland that hasn't been seen since the fall of Troy."

De Graye stiffens his sir-coat, and greets the two in official custom, "Ah yes... the stag prances, no matter the forest."

The next to speak his Bolinger. He lets off a loose grin, "and I guess our forest happens to be the most treacherous mountain range in all of Europe."

De Graye retreats to his chambers and pulls up two metal chairs to the foot of his private desk. The three take their respective seats.

With an exhausted and obviously tired exhale, Monsieur de Graye mutters to Monsieur Bolinger, "I'd like to hear what you have to tell me first of all, as you will and always will be my right hand."

"First and foremost, a little bird has informed me that a certain... individual... has requested your presence. The Italian Prime Minister Alessio Silvestri of whom I know you think fond of has organized a meeting in Milan," Bolinger replies.

Monsieur de Graye sits in silence for a few seconds and lets out a grin, "Alessio? Alessio?! Monsieur, this is good news indeed. My long time friend... it seems a stag prances in Italy after all.

"Monsieur, I also have prepared another transcript to be broadcast to the world. Before long, a stable and just government will be established in Switzerland, in the name of Helen's Stead! I just need your permiss-" Bolinger is cut off by de Graye.

"Of course you have my permission my friend!" Edmond de Graye is obviously excited about his soon to become meeting with his long time friend, Alessio Silvestri. To even think that such a key proponent in the creation of the flame of Helen's Stead now sat at a major position of power in the world. De Graye shakes off the thought and continues with his meeting, "And now for you Favager... what do you have to discuss with me?"

Monsieur Favager presents a map of the roads and topographies of Switzerland, and the three begin to discuss what they have in mind...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Prancing Stag

The following is another dispatch as detailed before.

...in regards to the ignition of Helen's Stead.

In the words of Edmond de Grayes right hand, Robert Bolinger, in representation of the ideas presented in Helen's Stead...
Anticipation and fear. Friends in Switzerland, I know all too well the emotions that will surely send waves through the day to day lives of you all. I will remind you that these are the very feelings in which civilizations are born, and the very feelings in which history's greatest deeds are conducted! Hold true to Helen's Stead, and freedom from the tyranny of corruption and unresponsiveness will run prevalent from the Eastern Alps to Lake Geneva!

The time is coming in which much will be asked of you, but please consider that the opportunity for a prosperous and peaceful Switzerland is entangled like a net in the principles of Helen's Stead, and that the true enemy is that of the prying superpowers who wish to use you as cannon fodder for their greater struggle.

Switzerland in its current state is nothing but a puppet, yes, a puppet of the Germans! Drunkards who wish to use you in their schemes, nothing but Nazis who have learned nothing from their past struggles! And the result of such puppetry? An inactive government that in no way shape of form cares to your needs! A government in which its sole creation was to serve the Germans and the Germans alone! I cannot be sure of the intentions of the German government in the coming struggle, but I can assure you that they will do everything in their power to subdue you as they have tried to do time and time again. What does the international community do about the Germans? Nothing! They have proven to be a menace to the structure of the globe, and their involvement in your government has only made such manors obvious!

Take the call to arms to defend your homes. Simply speak the words, and a little bird will be happy to acquaint you with our service.

Following the release of said dispatch, a short message was also released to the international community which reads the following: The coming conflict in Switzerland is that for the Swiss people to decide. The superpowers of the world, including Germany, are officially ordered to stand down in their efforts to subdue the people of Switzerland. Although Helen's Stead is not alone, we would appreciate support in the coming conflict, as the ideas she pertains to are that of an ultimately global struggle.
αν πεθάνεις πριν πεθάνεις,
δεν θα πεθάνεις όταν πεθάνεις

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Nazi Party endources Rebellion....says "Swiss Capatilist need to be removed from power!"

I'm gonna let this sit here for a while ;)

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:02 am

Castillo in Japan

In accordance to his visit to the nation of Japan, Nicolo Castillo, President of Puertollano gave a speech to both the Puertollanoan and Japanese press:

Greetings. First of all I will give our greatest thanks to Prime Minister Shintaro Ishihara and the Japanese people for so warmly welcoming the delegation and I to visit your fledging nation. It is not only our political similarities over the issue not too far from here, but the uniting strive for peace. Obviously, since we have met here, I have words for belligerents in this new South East Asian War; make this your very last. Puertollano's foreign policy will no longer permit unjustified invasions and blood-spilling. There are nations involved in that war that have no links to the situation whatsoever, and it only shines a light upon their militarism. This is our unified outcry for peace. I expect from this moment forwards, our relationship with Japan can only flourish.

While staying in Tokyo in his apartment, and as the news of the 'infamous' Japanese interview, Castillo commented on the issue by tweeting: "Isamu Hamamoto is not wrong in what he is saying, and I respect him for telling Japan and the World his thoughts. We need more politicians to say it like it is!"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Great Oyashima
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Oyashima » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am

The Rising Sun - 日の出

Peace in South East Asia? Prime Minister Ishihara Calls for Peace between the Warring Powers

"Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."- Ronald Reagan

March 28, 2017 -- Perhaps there will be a solution to the uncontrolled conflict in South East Asia? Last night, Prime Minister Ishihara called for a temporary ceasefire between the warring powers and invited all parties to convene in Seoul for a peace settlement. Ishihara stated he believed peace is in the best interest of the Asia-Pacific and the International Community, he said he challenges the warring parties to do something unprecedented and change the outcome of this protracted conflict. Both factions of the war, the French Coalition and the South East Asian Alliance, are expected to accept the invitation to peace talks but no official statement has been made be any warring governments.

It was also announced that the Speaker of the House, Isamu Hamamoto, would act as the mediator and Japan's negotiator. Isamu Hamamoto has not released a statement on this yet but is expected to. Many praise Ishihara's decision to appoint House Speaker Hamamoto as Japan's official negotiator but some do not. Cho Ueda, leader of the opposition JLDP (Japanese Liberal-Democratic Party), signaled the House Speaker out. She said, "House Speaker Hamamoto has already done enough damage with his 'unscheduled interview', now the Prime Minister wants to trust him with deciding the fate of South East Asia and presenting Japan's image on the world stage? Someone more moderate and sensible should have been considered!"

House Speaker Hamamoto has not responded to Cho Ueda's statement and probably won't. Wether the oppositions parties like it or not, he will represent Japan on the international stage come the peace conference. Hamamoto's icy attitude might just be what Japan needs to obtain peace in South East Asia, but only time will tell if Cho Ueda's fears prove to be correct or false.

NorthAmericaandthePacificIslands · 2 seconds ago
Well, I personally hope peace is found, but what if it isn't? Will the Japanese go to war? I doubt it but who knows lmao.

0 up · 0 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

Persistent · 10 minutes ago
Personally think Japan should just conquer Asia but that's just me.

10 up · 15 down

WillfullyBlind · 27 minutes ago
Wow, another round of smart politicking by Ishihara. Keep stamping out the competition and Japan will truly be great!

29 up · 2 down
Last edited by Great Oyashima on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Southern Slavic State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Southern Slavic State » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 am

Yugoslavia Assures Slovenia/// Slavic Post

Following the recent rumors about a wall being built on the Slovenian-Italian border, some of the Yugoslavian politicians started claiming that Italy is trying to take advantage of the Slavic country and slowly take control of it. Svetomir Damirovic assured the government of Slovenia that the Slavic State stands with them and they could count on it in case Italy tries to pressure it. He said: "We had defeated the communist cancer and we can defeat imperialist cancer."

Slavic State Supports the SNexit/// Slavic Post

The Yugoslavian Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement saying that it supports the SNL leaving the EIM. The Minister Enver Dawudov said that the EIM will be better off without Ladvania with its confused leadership.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 pm

DEATH ROW

After Clark Gontowski had his federal hearing and various evidence showed that he was indeed guilty of treason and corruption he was sentence to death.
The messages sent back and fourth to the SSS and the SRB revealed Gontowski was trying to work and please both entities but it is only confirmed that the SRB was funding him.
What the messages read are classified, what is known is due to the trial.

The Lenin administration scrambles tomorrow recruit individuals for the new intelligence body, recruitment is based on ex-military and citizens who pertain high enough scores on the aptitude test.
Lenin announced it will be named LI-7

In other news recent polls show the following for the SNexit vote
Exit-37.6%
Stay-72.4%

Lenin leaned into the microphones to begin a media release and stated "The Slavs are a joke" after that the media outlets representatives begun chaotically asking questions
It is not sure whether this is because of acts of espionage in the SNL or recent remarks of the SNL voting to leave the EIM or maybe a combination of both.
There has been a rise in a sense in rivalry and somewhat hatred towards Slavs especially in the conservative community.

The most hated man amongst Ladvanian slavs

Helensted
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Helensted » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Brief News - The Capitulation of Switzerland

OOC: I will make a much larger post detailing the founding of my nation later on, but this is a brief message pertaining to the capitulation of Switzerland. (Weezer fans left Nationstates). Short post because I am on my phone.

The Republic of Switzerland has met its final demise with the assassination of the Prime Minister, Marco Meier.

After years of corrupt rule, the Republic of Switzerland has finally met its fate by the hands of supporters unofficially affiliated with the movement of Helen's Stead. The Prime Minister's private automobile was reported to have caught fire on his way to an important cabinet meeting pertaining to dealing with the swaying ideas of the people of Switzerland.

He was reported dead just hours after the incident, and the Republican government has fell into an anarchy as a result of his death and the corruption of the state at hand.

With the populations overwhelming support for the movement of Helen's Stead, a swift removal of the Swiss government is predicted to occur within the following hours, as a small detachment of armed militants have been reported to be making their way to the capital of the Swiss government, Bern. It is believed that Edmond de Graye travels with the company in preparation for the awaited creation of the new state.

With the government's current state of anarchy, the government of Switzerland is expected to either flee the capital, or surrender themselves to the approaching threat.

After the peaceful takeover, announcements are supposedly to take place pertaining to the creation of a new nation.

Empire of the United Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Open Arms to Japan
The Prime Minister of the British Isles recently stated that "...the Japanese are a very strong friend in the East", while reporters have been skeptical of such swift progression of relations.
Plans to unveil an "alliance based upon common decency and intelligence" across the British Empire, Imperial Japan, and Puertollano.

"Although Puertollano and Japan are culturally different, our bonds remain rather strong, even in these testing times - these nations are important to us as France and the NAF." - Cabinet Minister for Industry David Fedling
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
=======*=======

Luxil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxil » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Italia & Espalsio Sign Alliance: The Roman Pact

The governments of Italia and Espalsio have formally announced that they have formed an alliance the Roman Pact. Regarding the Roman Pact, Prime Minister Alessio said "Italia and Spain have a deep shared history with each other. Starting all the way back since the Roman Empire. It's only natural that those two great nations would be Allies in this turbulent world."

The alliance will change the diplomatic relations of Italia and Espalsio for the better. A joint economic partnership and military will allow both nations to improve their standings in the world. In addition, citizens of each nation will be granted almost full citizenship rights in the other nation. The only exception is the right to vote, but it's expected for citizenship requests from member nations to be put in a higher priority. According to the Roman Pact, if one member is attacked, then it shall be treated as an attack on all member nations. Also, the declaration of the alliance states that allied states will help each other in any way necessary.

Espalsio
Attaché

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Espalsio » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Great Day for Espaliso

The Iberian State, which is also recovering from the war, commends the government of Italia for their tolerance and willingness to cooperate. PM Esteban de Cortez confirmed the Roman Pact and the support of the Espalsian people for it. The Sultan of Morocco and the monarch Mario Avianni expressed their joy too. As a result of the Pact, Espalsio and Italia will have a shared-weapons program where the militaries of the both states will share discoveries and inventions regarding warfare. Also, the citizens of Espalsio will be able to take advantage of the advancements in cancer treatment of the Italian healthcare.

Espalsio closes the strait

The Royal Navy of Espalsio has blockaded the Strait of Gibraltar for German military ships after the Italian government contacted Espalsio about a potential complications from the German Armed Forces.

Gibralatar Tunnel Underway

The joint project by France, Italy, and Espalsio is almost completed. The workers have made great achievements in the past months trying to build the bright future for Europe and Africa.

Esteban de Cortez
Last edited by Espalsio on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Situation in Palestine Deteriorates as Snap Elections are set to begin
The Palestine Authority is set face its first major challenge as Snap Elections have been called by the populace after the death of the former President a few months ago. A challenger has appeared in the PLP, The Palestine Liberation Party. They claim that the weakness of the PA led Palestine embarrassing defeat in the Syrian War as well the death of their leader. While not suggesting outright war, the PLP is adovcating for a more hostile approach to both Israel and Zackaroth. The PA shot back, saying the PLP is dangerously close to violating the accords put in the Two State Solution and that while anger at Zackaroth can be justified, purposely antagonizing both them and Israel could lead to disaster. They point to the actions of Zackaroth during the Syrian and Orostan wars and ask if the PLP wishes the same disasters to fall upon them.

However, in the midst of all this, the West Bank is increasingly restless. Separated by an entire nation the West Bank and Gaza are growing increasingly divided as many West Bank citizens are feeling increasingly ignored as development has stalled and economic downturn has affected the area. Though Zackaroth had temporarily shut down the border between the West Bank and the State of Jordan, the former King of Jordan seemingly was able to reverse the decision and reopen the border, citing the closeness of the Palestinian and Jordanian people.

As such a small but growing movement is starting to petition to start a referendum to have the West Bank either join Zackaroth as a state or become apart of Jordan again and by proxy also join the Republic. They cite the perceived corruption in Gaza and that politicians there have turned inward and are unable to help the West Bank and all its issues. This groups has been slammed by both the PA and PLP for betraying Palestine ideals and acting as cowards for wanting to join a larger nation for quick gains.

It seems whatever choice is made in the near future, the face of Palestine will be changed forever.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 am

Galicia military build-up

The residents of Galicia today heard the distinct rolling of military trucks down many roads and highways. From a direct order from the top of the military command in Bogota, an immediate re-militarisation of Galicia begun. While the numbers are unknown more military personnel have been transported as well as equipment and even vechiles. Some local journalists have also noted a bolstered navy force docking in the major ports. However, this has not been the first in recent times that there has been a large movement of forces. During the Great European War, the province was described as a literal fortress. Another time the military had been activated was when threats were given by the Espalsioan Government, regarding to the possibility of war. As there was already a reasonable amount of troops already stationed in Galicia, as long as the current Government of Espalsio is in power, the current amount of personnel, equipment etc. will remain the same (the amount of military forces that are arriving and that are there); ready for any invasion attempt.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Herpostan
Attaché

Founded: Jan 03, 2017

Postby Herpostan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:17 am

Herpostan Today
Royal Newspaper of Her Majesty's Government

Coup d'etat

The People Stopping the Communist Plotters

Earlier this Morning, Budapest was awaken by a sound of Trucks and Tanks owned by the Communist Factions of the Royal Defence Forces. Over 20000 Reds have advanced multiple forces along the Main Avenue towards a Road Leading to Parliament and also the Buda Royal Palace. Over 30,000 of the Royal Garrison of Budapest responded Minutes after the Coup was executed. People took to the streets to protect the Parliament Building by blocking the Main Avenue and all corresponding roads. 60,000 Civilians took to the streets to protect the Parliament that was established by the people, for the people. By 9AM, Tanks have arrived at the intersection reaching the Main Avenue. 40 Gun Emplacements prepared by the Garrison just Minutes earlier. By 9:12 am, the Communist Forces have seized the Hall of Justice and have placed a temporary HQ From there. By 9:30, Tanks Fired their MG's into the Air as a warning sign, the crowds instead charged the lead tanks and have fought their way into seizing the crew. Over 32 People perished in the clashes.

Maria I took the Royal Helicopter along with the Royal Family to evacuate to Camp Stephan just north of Budapest. There she made a speech live on National Television;

By The Powers vested in me by the Constitution of the People that is destined for the people. For the Good of the People of Herpostan. I declare Royal Decree 241 into effect which temporarily suspend Parliament until further notice, specifically when all threats to My People are gone. Next up, Royal Decree 242, Which states that all Far Left Parties, Including the Communist Party of Herpostan be banned for conspiring against the crown and her people. Royal Decree 243, Effectively putting Herpostan on a state of Martial Law. All Travels Inside and Outside are temporarily prohibited and under strict enforcement until My People are safe. T'is the best for Herpostan in this hour of need.
-Queen Maria I of the Herpostanis

The Communist intent is to seize power to reverse Maria's Reforms into society. By 12 AM The Garrison has completely surrounded the Reds in the Main Avenue, 15000 Members surrender by 2. Garrison forces quickly advance towards the Hall of Justice, but the Reds open fire. 20 Royal Tanks open fire on the Hall of Justice effectively besieging the Communist Leaders. By 3PM, The Royal Forces storm the building, a Heavy firefight was reported to have happened. By 5pm, The Flag of the Communist Party have been lowered and the Royal Flag raised. Over 6312 dead or wounded have been reported. All but one Communist Coup Leader have died. The Lone Coup Leader, General Migyor Puntewich is presented to the people at the balcony of the Hall of Justice. He is escorted into an Armoured Vehicle for Detainment.

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Ahead of coming referendum Zackaroth purchases Syrian Ports

It's been stated the long awaited Syrian Referendum will soon arrive but Zackaroth is not taking any chances. It recently purchased areas of the Syrian Ports that border the Mediterranean as well as payed the interim government for a Dry Dock that was also constructed. The deal has been stated to last 2 years should Syria vote for Independence or even reunification in the coming days.

Fregantes Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fregantes Empire » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Remilitarisation!

After many debates and discussions in the Senate, the Act of Remilitarisation was passed. The land based army will be reestablished. Many in the parliament argue that this would for be the greater good of the nation, as the former tensions in the Eastern European theatre, the present potential problems in Syria and Palestine and lastly, the SRB caused terror got the people to reconsider the safety of the nation.

Other senators state that the Remilitarisation will bring the nation's spirit of peace to an end, as it will become a potential warmongering state. Many also point out the failures in the Greco-Turkish War, which left a permanent mark in the nation's history and mindset.

The new army is provisioned to be at least 75,000 men strong, and this number is expected to increase to 150,000-200,000 in the future years. In matters of equipment, the government didn't make any official statements, but economists and political theorists argue that the closed military factories will be opened again with a total renovation.

The End of the Absolute Neutrality: Fregantes Empire Joins the Roman Pact

Interesting developments took place as the government finally decided to break its absolute neutrality in military affairs and joined the Roman Pact. The Roman Pact was founded by Italy and Espalsio, for coordination in military, economic benefits and the improvement of individual recognition between the members.

The Senatorial State was interested in the Pact since it was formed, as the Hellenic influence on the Latin culture is undeniable. As a different reason, the nation holds a Hellenic-Latin identity, whose "Latin" part is binding it with its Mediterranean cousins. Many expect that the joint navies of these three nations will establish an unbreakable dominions in the Mediterranean Sea.

The Non-Imperial Empire

Although never have been properly implemented, the Centralisation Act -which was passed during the revolt in Rhodes- is still a legitimate piece of legislation. Finally the Senate and the government issued a co-written decree which binds every region to establish executive institutions which will deal with local affairs. The personnel of these institutions will be hand picked by the government, not by the officials of the local governments.

Many argue that this implementation is necessary as the cultural identity of the regions are slowly but visibly altering, a side effect of the Latinisation process. This reform is expected to counter the possible secessionist movements in the future, but also create a certain level of unrest

That unrest happened in Thessaloniki, where Hellenic radicals claimed that their political freedoms were being taken away. Despite this, the city and the Macedonian region is quite stable to say the least. The Great Consul, Mr. Fregantes said these during a media discussion;

Such events are natural for a nation like ours. We are an empire, but not a conventional one. Right now we consist of many different cultures; such as the Athenian Graecans, the Patrasians/Moreans, Franco-Macedonian, Italic-Thessaly and German Epirotes. We are a non-imperial empire, a unique classification for a nation and our problems are unique to us too. It is only natural for our solutions to be unique too.
Last edited by Fregantes Empire on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Long live the legacy of the Roman Empire!"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:00 pm

GONTOWSKI's PLEAD

After former director of Ladvanian intelligence Gontowski asked to be harbored in in the SSS.
The traitor was not ignored but his sentence remained, and being the only one of his level of power on a Death sentence there were no setbacks as to his execution. 20 miles from the Ladvanian southernmost border he was allowed to run in the SSS' direction and would be freed from his sentence if he successfully escaped.
Clark was given 60 minutes to run, but withing an hour he was killed only after covering 13 km.

There were a few media outcries but the vast majority kept their mouths closed, most supporting these actions but in shame. Lenin said the following "We gave him just trial and a second opportunity after his sentence to death, now his death was solely reliant on his actions."
The unique opportunity Clark was given was suggested by a congressman who during his plead to be harbored in the SSS said
"Let the bastard run to the god forsaken country of the Slavs!"
Although he meant this sarcastically, many liked it.

Last poll before Voting on SNexit
Stay-50.7
Exit-50.3

Conservatives across the board have been running campaigns in favor of SNexit and with the SSS wanting to butt into SNL business many have actually changed their mind. A growing hatred between the Ladvanians and the Slavs arise

Joseph and his wife spends time in Lviv to try and relieve people of current issues

ITALIANS AT BAY
The Ladvanian administration has approved the new diplomatic relations between the Italian government and the SNL.
The terms of this new friendship includes;
-Italian Navy allowed to be stationed in Odessa
-FTA

It is not comfirmed but theories arise that this may be due to the probable exit of ladvania from the EIM
Last edited by Sovereign Nation of Ladvania on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luxil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxil » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Italia & Malay Sign Deal

It has been declared that Alessio Silvestri, Prime Minister of the Republic of Italia, and Setya Hidayat, the leader of the Peoples Republic of Malay have worked out an agreement where Italia would provide weaponry in exchange for oil and rubber. The weaponry sent will mostly be firearms and light tanks, which will be among the finest of what Italia has to offer. This will help Malay invest on a modern military. In return, Italy will get a large amount of oil and rubber. This deal could help improve relations between Italia and Malay.

Helensted
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Helensted » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:57 pm

The Crowned Stag

In the Great Hall of Bellevue Palace, Bern...

Dozens of men are clambered around the table of the central Great Hall in the Palace of Bellevue. The corrupt Republican government has capitulated, and the future of the country rests in the hands of the less than fifty high ranking individuals assembled in the hall. Gracing the hall is a feeling of great anxiety and the clamber of various conversations about the what the country's new place in the world should entail.

Edmond de Graye sits at the head of the table evaluating the situation. Among the chaos and bickering of the room a dozen men come from de Graye's initial cabinet, and the remaining come from the old Republic. One Republican bureaucrat stands up and makes a statement directly towards de Graye, "You've done away with the Old Republic Monsieur! Now what do you suggest we do? The world's eyes are prying at us!"

Another bureaucrat, an older man who surely remembered the days before the Republic took charge of the nation, stands up and shouts to the other "These transitions won't run smoothly, we must await our course of action!"

De Graye hears a various other amount exchanges take place in the hall, but one stuck out like a sore thumb. "We must reform the Republic! We cannot remain as this jingoistic anarchy forever!" De Graye is speechless, he remains in his seat and runs his fingers along the fabric of his trench coat. An uproar of differing opinions explodes as a result of the statement, leaving the meeting itself in complete anarchy. All around him are the voices and shouts of the men in the room arguing over what was just said.

Its at this time that Robert Bolinger, who had seated himself to the right of de Graye, made a daring move. He stands up from his seat and raises his glass into the air, "Messieurs!" he yells it loud enough to slowly quiet the room down. He steps onto his chair, glass still raised, and everyone's eyes naturally make it to his own. The room is completely silent. "Messieurs, here's what I say!" He takes a swig of the wine in his glass. "The world mocks us, the people of the mountains! They figure us a folk unready and unprepared to rule our own lands! The Germans and the French threaten our borders, and the Italians will end up no better in the end! Well here's what I say to the cravens in the lowland castles..." he builds up saliva and spits it out over his shoulder. "Why should they rule over my children and I? Why should Republic marked by nothing but corruption give way to the jurisdiction in which I live under? Do they know nothing of the mountains? Of the ideology of Helen's Stead? In the name of her light, there is only one man fit to rule over the folk of the mountain. There sits the only man I'd bend me knee to!" He gestures his glass towards de Graye, "The Mountains know one king, and his name is Edmond de Graye! The King in the Mountains!"

Taking it as a signal, Adelaide Favager stands onto his chair and raises his glass in the same manor as Bolingre. "The King in the Mountains! From today until Helen's flame is extinguished!"

Johannes Roselance is the next to stand, "The King in the Mountains!"

Before long every one of de Graye's cabinet members are on their chairs, pledging their fealty. Before long, the Swiss bureacrats of the old Republic also step onto their chairs and raise their glasses. "The King in the Mountains! The King in the Mountains! The King in the Mountains!"

At this point de Graye is up on his own chair. He hops gracefully from his chair to the top of the table and positions himself in the middle of it. "Do you swear to uphold my name from this day until the light of Helen's Stead is extinguished!?" He shouts it with enthusiasm, and the entire room cheers in response. "I declare myself the King in the Mountains, and the Crowned Stag of the Kingdom of Helensted!" All of the men in the room kneel down on their chairs and embrace their new king.

A new power has arisen onto the global stage, and her name is Helensted.

Great Oyashima
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Oyashima » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm

The Rising Sun - 日の出

Ishihara Doctrine Amended Following Rising Tensions Across the Globe

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

March 30, 2017 -- In reaction to a sudden increase in tensions worldwide, Prome Minister Ishihara pushed for another amendment in his Ishihara Doctrine. With almost no opposition in the Imperial Diet, the Prime Minister was able to make wars of intervention illegal in the Asia-Pacific. Members of the Party of the Rising Sun marked it has the Prime Minister's most profound achievement. But this begs the question, how does Kapan makes wars of intervention illegal in the Asia-Pacific?

In the amendment, it states that rulers of existing oversea territories will still maintain the right to defend that territory and other nations who are bound by defensive pacts may assists in the defense of that dominion. But, wars initiated by foreign powers not in the defense of an existing dominion or ally who holds a dominion will be "illegal" in the eyes of Japan. The penalty? An immediate declaration of war by the Empire of Japan that is to be conducted until all forces of the violating nation withdraw or are destroyed. After this goal is reached, the Imperial Government will move to secure a ceasefire and eventual peace treaty. The threat of war is not something national governments take lightly and that's exactly the point of the new amendment, deterrence. Likely, the governments of the world won't test Japan's resolve, but if they do they'll certainly enter a period of reckoning.

Francais · 10 seconds ago
Bold, Ishihara, bold.

0 up · 0 down

Patrick_Star · 12 minutes ago
Does this effect the Bikini Bottom?

59 up · 0 down

IntelligentFascist · 29 minutes ago
Probably be those Germans or Orostani who tests the Japs. Oh well.

102 up · 4 down

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Mediteranian Fleet pushes Gibraltar blockade

After Espalsio recently claimed to have a "blockade" around the strait a Gibraltar, the GU navy has simply ignored it as "it's nothing more than a joke" as stated by German Prime Minister Adam Shoemaker.

Today two Tiger Class Vessels crossed through the strait of Gibraltar heading for port Rotterdam to refuel pick up and drop off crews.

However some have called the PM foolish and he wants another European war. Altough is not willing to be the aggressors to obtain it. Almost acting selfish in a manor.

Except only time will tell how this plays out.

Major Fregantes Arms deal

After Fregantes remilitarised, the GU approached Fregantes and offered up its arms market for available purchases, in turn Fregantes empire made 18.1 Billion dollars in purchases to be paid over the next 72 months in 250 million dollar payments.

Meanwhile the economy is expected to shoot up because of this, as a huge amount of jobs will be needed to create all the weapons ordered.
Last edited by United Democratic Christian States on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates