NATION

PASSWORD

The Democritus Times (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sovereign Nation of Ladvania
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:18 am

NO PROBLEM

After the response of the SSS, Ladvania has deemed the Slavic State as arrogant and ineffective. Joseph Lenin has said
"Any Cooperation involving the SSS will be diminished and intllegence sharing with countries involving the SRB will be suspended, we seem to be 'iignorant'to the situation therefore we must note needed."
He said these words and walked out the press room
Lenin has tightened up on security butnot before receiving massive amount of critism from the liberal side of the nation. Lenin sign an executive order to deport citizens holding a SSS citizenship while in the SNL.
This does not correlate with the recent remarks but it seems to be part of the shutting down plan on immigration and terrorism.

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 am

PM Shoemaker calls for cooperation

After SNL has called SSS "arrogant" and deported mass SSS civilians, a breach in EIM policy, and commented that they would be refraining from cooperation. PM Shoemaker was outraged.

"This quite simply is dumb. I'm sorry Lenin but you have it all wrong. SSS has shown that they are putting in a valid attempt in stopping terrorism, however they can't do it alone, neglecting them isn't the answer. The quicker we all work together, the quicker this problem solves.

Also one more thing, please stop deporting SSS civilians, EIM policy prohibits this. It clearly breaches the fact that civilians are allowed visa free travel."
Last edited by United Democratic Christian States on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Imperialist Sweden
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Sweden » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:27 am

Kalmar Union Releases Statement on Ladvanian Breach of EIM Terms
After pressure from political parties across the spectrum, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has released a statement addressing SNL's violation of EIM terms.

We cannot allow this war of words between SSS and Ladvanian politicians hurt the lives of ordinary citizens. Not only iare travel bans and mass deportations a breach of EIM terms, but it is also unethical to turn a political catfight into a feud between nations. We must all work together to fight off terrorists while also understanding that we cannot allow fear and mass panic to affect our sensibilities; they want us to fear, and we can't allow them to go about doing that.

- Prime Minister Stefan Lofven
Last edited by Imperialist Sweden on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Orostan offers Assistance in Counter Terrorism

The Orostani government has announced that it can send aid including soldiers to the Balkans for counter terrorism duties. Weapons and other equipment have also been offered, including the possible sharing of spy satellite data with both the SSS and Ladvania. A suspected SRB member has been arrested in Sao Paulo who was attempting to procure a small loan of a million dollars from a businessman to fund an undisclosed business venture. Both the businessman and the suspect have been detained. In other news, documents of a planned Moon Mission have been leaked from the Orostani Space Administration, and confirmed later by independent investigators. Later, a press release scheduled for Tuesday was released early, revealing plans for a 3 man Orostani moon landing, and that the rockets necessary are currently sitting in the assembly buildings in the main OSA space center near Belem.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm

OUTRAGEOUS, OR MAYBE NOT?
Since the executive of order of President Joseph Lenin to deport SSS citizens there has not been a word from the man himself despite the pressure on the international level from entities such as the EIM, although the rest of the nation seems to compensate for such silence. Protests are being held in Lviv and Odessa by the Leftist community while the Lenin supporters say it could be worse.
A survey was conducted across the nation from die hard liberals to even crazier fascists about the controversial subject and a surprising 40% support the action and deem it necessary. Racism has grown in Ladvania a total of 7% since the Orostani Nationalist incident.
The LMP has immediately gone to work in getting rid of the executive order but a total of 70% is needed for a full override in congress(majority is the LPC)
The radical order has resulted in 12 SSS-SNL citizen being suspended of their Ladvania citizenship so far.
We will follow this controversial topic as it goes

Luxil
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxil » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Italian Scientists Make Breakthrough In Medical Field

A group of students from Sapienza University of Rome along with the Italian Cancer Outreach Foundation say that they had made a breakthrough in cancer treatment which could save many lives of those with terminal cancer. The surgery methods pioneered by them could allow surgery to be performed last minute, and remove the cancer tumor. Normally, the body would be too weakened by the point, and would simply die of complications after surgery was performed. However, the new method pioneered is said to be able to be performed without causing as much disturbance. This new method could even fall into more practical applications, and lower the risk of faulty and/or fatal surgery and drastically decrease the time a person has to rest after surgery.

Romano University

The Italian government announced that work on a new university in Rome has begun. The new university which will named Romano University will be an elite university which will cater to intellectually gifted students. The university will be funded by the government, including tuition fee. However, students will have to pay for their dorms, though for a subsidized rate, or in case for poorer students, completely free. The latter act will help many get into the university, but it'll especially effect those living in Italian North Africa, were average wages are much lower than those in mainland Italy.
Romano University will specialize in the sciences and technology, and in fact, after it's finished constructing, it'll have some of the best funded science departments in the world. The professors for the university will be recruited from the cream of the crop of the Italian universities.

CIDA & COGE Looking Successful

CIDA, the Colonial Infrastructure Development Act, and COGE, the Colonial Oil & Gas Effort so far appeared to be a success beyond expectations of the Italian government. CIDA has been responsible for approximately 560,000 jobs for those living in Italian North Africa. In addition, COGE has made around 124,000 jobs.
The new job opportunities are helping many living in Italian North Africa to live a decent life, and also providing university graduated engineers, architects, and more a place to gain experience. CIDA has done quite a great effort in rebuilding a country, and is now focusing on improving it. Poorly constructed houses, many made with more unconventional materials such as aluminum, have been rebuilt with wood. In addition, CIDA is helping connect Tunisia and Libya to electric grids and water pumps, even in the more rural parts of the country. Also, CIDA built schools are now educating many children, which will hopefully help solve the illiteracy problems among native Libyans, and to a lesser extent Tunisians.
COGE also has been working on their mission. Their mission being to extract oil and natural gasses from Italian North Africa. They have done a decent job, and one of their more stunning example is in Sirte, where they're extracting oil from much deeper than ever before.

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Oceania Division
Recently, 6,200 Volunteers from Oceania have signed up to join the HDUHA. They are the first All-Catholic division within their ranks, and they've already been nicknamed 'The Templar Division.' The Templar division has already participated in three minor battles, where each one, they, in spite of typically being heavily outnumbered, they still overcome their enemies. One notable soldier would be Private Joyce Blakerson, of whom, during an engagement somewhere in Nunavut while clearing out gun bunkers, had killed over 51 UAC soldiers, of whom, were pulling a counter-attack against him and 15 of his comrades. Once he ran out of ammo, and the enemy began charging them with bayonets, he immediately pulled out his pistol and began firing. In spite of being stabbed several times, and shot several times as well, he continued on to carry his remaining 5 comrades, of which were all wounded, to safety. This same soldier received the HDUHA's Medal of Honor, and a HDUHA Purple Heart because of this feat. Of course, Joyce is just one of many of the Division's many heroes. It has came at a surprise to a few Canadians that these Catholics are helping them fight people of the same religion, however a few volunteers spoke up about it, such as Sergeant Claire Bernson, of whom said;

"The United Army of Christ are just radicalized Christians that happen to be Catholic. Just because we too are Catholic, does not mean we are like them. If anything, I'd go as far as to say that they aren't true Christians, as God wouldn't want us to declare a holy war against non-believers, or other Christians that happen to have a different opinion than we do."

Espalsio
Attaché

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Espalsio » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Satanist Cult arrested

The Lisbon Police Office has arrested a prominent Satanic cult in the suburbs of the city. The investigators found many skulls and torches in the basement which also served as a meeting hall for the sick cult. There are rumors that the cult was founded 4 years ago and involved in various acts of animal cruelty since their foundation. But the police chief Marco de Santa assured the residents of Lisbon that every member of the cult is in custody and they have nothing to fear.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:51 pm

WHAT IS TO COME
After days of protest and heated debates in congress against the president's unlawful actions against SSS citizens. President Lenin refusing to speak to us, has taken action to reform the deportation. He has vetoed a bill making it illegal to deport citizens based on racial background, but he has ended the deportations. Instead President Lenin has closed borders to 'refugees' that may be escaping the harm of the SRB.
This is still no better due to the policies it breaks but Lenin has not changed it.
In odessa protests have taken place but the politically split city has suffered damage, today 3 Lenin supporters were severely injured by the liberal protestors and 12 arrests were made in today's "march for liberty"
We are not sure when Lenin will be free to speak to the media but his actions speak for him.

The Southern Slavic State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Southern Slavic State » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:19 am

Slavic Post/// SS strikes back

In response to the absurd actions of Ladvania in the recent week, the Slavic State finally took action. All Ladvanian nationals were asked to leave within 48 hours from the SS and not to come back until the government of Ladvania vetoes their new immigration bill. The Slavic navy was also put on alert and the vessels are patrolling just near the Ladvanian waters to deter any further aggression. Svetomir Damirovic said that the Slavic State won't be pushed around and is prepared for a war if necessary. And meanwhile, various branches of the Slavic armed forces are continuing flexing their muscles near the Ladvania-Slavic border including in the air, land, and sea
Last edited by The Southern Slavic State on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:17 am

Tension arise from Slavic countries

After a recent interview, Karl Krall stated these about regarding the tension of the SSS and SNL.

"I truly don't understand the Slavs... we have greater problems like the..uhm... SRB, and yet, these two countries act like rivals. The SSS can't handle criticism, and flexes their muscles in front of Ladvania. The SNL reacts by sending SSS immigrants back to their terrorism prone country, and the SSS responds by also sending... Ladvanians back to their country, not only that but sent their fleet to patrol in the Black Sea! They are willing and they have the nerve to go to war that originated from a single threat!"

"With that effort of immigration laws, we could prevent or weaken future terrorist attacks. I am dissappointed."

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 am

Childs play

Moved
Last edited by United Democratic Christian States on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:42 pm

LENIN FINALLY SPEAKS
After what seems likes he toughest week for Lenin since he has been in office the situation just keeps getting worse, with Slavic military aggressiveness.
During a press conference accompanied by his staff he answered these questions
Q:what can you say about protest in southern Ladvanian and across the country that contain prominent liberal citizens

A:These actions have been taken care of, but they have been unnecessary as these are the precautions we must take to avoid a chaotic Ladvanian, whether its from cititens coming in from abroad or already established citizens

Q:But haven't these 'necessary' actions caused Slavic militaristic movement

A:We are very much aware of the actions the Slavic state is taking and I assure you its more childish than anything else I have seen in the political realm, we wont take that lightly though, we have taken certain measures to,keep our borders safe through land sea and air

Lenin was telling the truth, a no fly zone was implemented on the SSS prohibiting commercial and military aircraft to evade Ladvanian airspace, the no fly zone will permit ground to air units to fire once they ignore the 3 warnings that are given to SSS aircraft. Patrols and live fire excersises take place only 20 miles of the border and the Ladvanian Navy(1 fleet) stationed in odessa warn SSS ships nearly evading Ladvanian waters.

Lenin is angry at the long time European rival.
Last edited by Sovereign Nation of Ladvania on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Childs Play

After Lenin finally spoke PM Shoemaker told the press "apparently Eastern Europe doesn't keep tabs with potential super powers" and said "that's something they should fix in the near future"

Later he made a speech reguarding the issue in more detail.

"It has come to my attention that the SSS and SNL can't seem to get along. And I ask....why is that? Terror is a serious threat, and y'all are acting like children. More focused on each other than THE GROWING THREAT. What happened to "the enemy of my enemy is my freind" does this just not apply to y'all? What makes you think this situation is helping things? Hell, if anything your helping the SRB. So please stop acting like children. Focus on your task. Your EIM members. Not six year olds."

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Lenin Social Media Post
SSS a potential Superpower? That's funny because last time I checked failing nations don't have any potential.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Shoemaker Twitter post:

*facepalm*

I'm talking about the GU. Didnt you read my comment I made the other day?

Imperialist Sweden
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Sweden » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:17 pm

KU Invites GU, Fregantes, French, SNL, and SSS Leaders to the Sager House for Joint Discussion on Eastern Europe
In response to the strange buildup of tensions in Eastern Europe between Ladvania and the Southern Slavic State, Prime Minister Lofven invited PM Adam Shoemaker of the Germanic Union, an EIM member and strong ally of the KU and former member state, Consul [Insert Name Here] of the Fregantes Empire, another EIM member and state in close proximity to the rival powers, France, an ally of the KU and a superpower which is rumored by some to be making arrangements with the EIM, and the rival powers themselves, both of which are EIM members who have, in their tensions, broken EIM rules. The EIM is not expected to deal any sort of punishment but instead will try to work with these powers to achieve a peace, open the borders once more, and work to fight the rising terror threat in Eastern Europe.

Luxil
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxil » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Italy Applies For Treaties

Italy has thus applied to join The International Union of Education, with several changes. Students will have to apply a visa, which won't be granted if said student isn't eligible for the program or has any criminal record greater than a misdemeanor.

Italy also has announced support for cooperating with Fregantes on investing in Africa, and with cancer research.

Italy has also announced that they're willing to cooperate with France for an economic partnership to invest in French Algeria and Italian North Africa.

Herpostan
Attaché

Founded: Jan 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Herpostan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:17 am

Herpostan Today
Royal Newspaper of Her Majesty's Government

Herpostan Concerned

The Heropstani Monarch, Maria I has issued her concern over the Eastern European Tensions between Herpostan's Neighbor, The Southern Slavic State and the Sovereign Nation of Ladvania. A Herpostani Contingency plan has been erected in case Herpostan gets caught in the middle of a possible Eastern European War. The Herpostani Government has issued a statement:

Herpostan has expressed her will of experiencing peace again in Eastern Europe. Both Nations should set aside differences and work together for a common and prosperous future. This is the same lesson, our Nation had to learn during the end of the Great European War.
-Official Statement of the Royal Ministry of External Affairs.

Fregantes Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fregantes Empire » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Potential Threat From North?

SSS and SNL were in a political deadlock recently, because of the terror attacks of SRB. Tensions are rising second by second and Fregantes Empire is worried to see its northern neighbor and its important ally in such a conflict. A war in Eastern Europe is the only debate topic of the politicians and the political scientists.

Yesterday, the government announced its support for the KU's Sager House Joint Discussion. The Great Consul Maxvellein Relhophen Fregantes stated that the discussion is of crucial importance for the nation and the stability of Eastern Europe.

He also told the press: "I think both SSS and SNL are doing a mistake as we speak, this not the time for us to fight each other, but to fight together against terrorism and extremism. I hope that this discussion will come to fruition and will restore the good relations between SSS and SNL"
"Long live the legacy of the Roman Empire!"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:03 pm

CONTROVERSIAL
Lenin has announced today that he will not attend nor send a delegate to the European joint discussion, as he believes it will only be a distraction and a waste of time from current crucial events.
"We believe that we have not done anything wrong aside from the policies we have violated, the real instigator is the SSS whom have not done enough even now to diminish the SRB. The SSS may attend alone and receive a stern talking to while we fix our errors, thank you"

Many tried asking questions but President Lenin walked off

Esteriore
Civilian

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Rising tensions

Postby Esteriore » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Military Buildup Begins

Amid rising tensions between The SSS and SNL, Esteriore has begun reviving its military program to defend against a potential occupation. "We cannot take any chances in such a dangerous climate. We must be prepared in these tense times" Said Chief of State Michela Caravello, after announcing the spike in military spending.

She continued; "We will eventually have to pick a side in this conflict, though. I invite the leaders of both nations to make a case regarding our position. We will, of course, be militarily backing the side we pick". As she announced this, the army began planning battle strategies for both positions; An alliance with the SSS, and another plan for an alliance with the SNL.

Of course, a diplomatic solution would be ideal, but preparations for a worst-case scenario must be made.

The Slavic Resistance Brigades
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Slavic Resistance Brigades » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:09 pm

SRB in the Slavic Army----- SRB propaganda video

Sergei Vetrov encouraged his warriors to secretly join the ranks of the Slavic Armed Forces and use the skills learned to help the Slavic State to conquer its enemies. The Resistance began humanitarian works in the area of rebuilding Belgrade and in the Romanian majority areas helping people and inviting them to join the SRB to help the Slavs around the world. Vetrov told the press that the Slavic Resistance sent an offer to the current government of the Slavic State to forget our differences and form a temporary coalition to resist the growing threat from Ladvania.

Border Point Shootout----- 8.00 am, Slavic-Ladvanian border

A group of SRB soldiers initiated a shootout with the Ladvanian Border guards on the SS-Ladvania border. The Resistance army started shooting "indiscriminately" at the opposing border guards and throwing various explosives at the border checkpoints, including Molotov cocktail. Despite the assumption that the border was supposed to be heavily militarized after the recent tensions between the two states, the Slavic guards were nowhere to be seen during the shootout. But when they arrived, the Resistance soldiers escaped. various rumors are going around regarding this incident.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Economic Deals Signed

The Sixth Republic has long been an advocate for both trade and the advancement of Europe. Today, these commitments have continued. Metropolitan France has entered the European Internal Market (EIM) having negotiated suitable arrangements to ensure that all existing trade deals with the Republic are to be maintained and that French border security remains the same as it is currently along with other conditions. President Leonard has called the French joining of the EIM "The best trade deal for our country since the Entente."

In non-EIM trade, there has been further progress: French media have confirmed Italian reports that French Algeria and Italian North Africa are mutually developing their economies by signing an economic partnership sharing skills and technology in various key industries. It is hoped that the continent will continue it's growth and prosperity into the future as a result of these new agreements. Finally, France has concluded negotiations with the North American Federation surrounding daily Republic oil requirements. These regular imports, combined with those from other oil import trading partners, will help sustain growth until renewable technologies are able to become more cost effective in the future. Oil imports from other sources are to be reevaluated in the near future to see whether a more cost-effective distribution system can be established.

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:34 am

Zackaroth begins moving forces into the Mediterranean amid Eastern Europe tensions
Today, the Zackarothian Balkans fleet departed Syria and has been stated to be patrolling the international water of the Mediterranean Sea, near the SSS and Greece. The High Leader gave a quick word in that he explained Zackaroth played a massive role in securing the Balkans last year and would not let Eastern Europe fall into chaos again. He did not if Zackaroth would be choosing a side or how extactly it would intervene should the conflict escalate into war.

Zackaroth has almost completed repairs in the damage sustained during the Orostan War yet the constant war has had an effect on the populace with many saying they do not support another campaign in Eastern Europe unless attacked by the new terrorist group the SRB.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates