NATION

PASSWORD

The Democritus Times (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Zackaroth Exposed for Train Cuber Attack

Today the Department of Cyber Defense released a report detailing the cyber attack on Orostan that killed thousands. Zackaroth has been found guilty of this. The Orostani government has stated that it does not wish for a "prolonged war" and that an Entente invasion of Orostan would "kill millions", and be the equivalent of the disastrous Vietnam campaign a thousand times over. Orostan has not declared war on Zackaroth, but a resolution to "defend Orostan from Zackrothian Agression" was passed. After the release of documents concerning the Zackrothian cyber attack, the Zackrothian ambassador was found dead, over 100 bullet wounds in him. The Orostani government has offered to compensate his family fully. Military grade firewalls have been installed in most vulnerable Orostani internet systems, and the /b/ (Random) board of the imageboard Oro-Chan has exploded with DDOS and other cyber attack threads against Zackaroth started by citizens. Several Zackrothian websites, including their government website, have already had DDOS attacks directed at them.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:26 am

Breaking News!
Akksum declares war!

Following the invasion of Romania, and Belarus with no reason to invade by Calindelo, the Akksumian Senate almost unanimously has voted to declare war on Calindelo, and Herpostan. This being tied in with the hostile relations of the two nations with Akksum, and the civil rights atrocities being commited in the region. Also with the allies that are involved in the war, the President signed the bill after having just 20 minutes of being awake. The country now prepares for war, and if there are any more to say we will keep you filled in. Akksumian News at 1.

Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

The Southern Slavic State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Southern Slavic State » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Slavic Post// War Mobilization

With the powers and responsibilities given to me and with the full support of my people, I hereby declare war on the aggressor neighbor of Herpostan. Few days earlier they bombed our lands and destroyed some of our equipment in a surprise attack. But the Slavic citizens have had enough war and oppression in the past decades and will respond to that provocation. All military forces of the Slavic State are to mobilize against Herpostan.

-Grand Marshal Svetomir Damirovic

Slavic Post// Military moves

The Air forces have been fully alerted and continue bombing border points of Herpostan with advanced Swedish JAS-Grippens while the tanks and katyushas are shooting at the enemy to keep them distracted. The special Slavic forces are slowly advancing into the enemy territory

Last edited by The Southern Slavic State on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sovereign Nation of Ladvania
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:44 pm

SENDING AID

Joseph Lenin has sent fourth munitions and political support to the SSS. The rapid industrialization of Ladvania has increased in jobs all across the nation for those not drafted. The lack of oil in Calindelo has been a reason to celebrate as the SNL now has more than a fighting chance against the power hungry fascists in Europe.
Casualties of the war have come to a total of 678
Most of them being in Slovakia in the new invasion operation code named 'Snow Hammer'
This operation led by General Glenovosk Clavier, a descendant of a French family that immigrated 2 generations ago. This operation is being supported by the NAF and France. Cooperation in the invasion of Herpostan is yet to be discussed between the Slaves and the Ladvanian government.

In other news, Lenin continues to peruse a international friendly agenda as the NAF and Ladvanian land a diplomatic deal, finally making the two allies.

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Jozef Hornik Denounces Prussian Government

"Kaiser you are a fool. You let us destroy thousands of lives without you batting an eye. The only thing you did to stop us was throw almost a century old bombs and risk losing civilians. You disgust me."

Democratic Resistance Against Authoritarian Rule Denounces Kaiser

"Kaiser, that was the worst thing you could do, and you did it. Do you really want to win the war? Wh-what? You care more about victory more than life? You're just as filthy as Jozef Hornik."

Herpostan
Attaché

Founded: Jan 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Herpostan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Herpostan Today
Government of the Herpostani Reich

Plea for Peace

The Herpostani War Machine is incapacitated after running out of oil reserves due to the costly and resource-hungry campaign in the Southern Slavic State. The Herpostani Government without the consent of the Leiter, clamors for peace. Herpostan Simply cannot stand against the Coalition any longer and thus risking Territorial and Humiliating Terms, it is best to ask for peace this early.

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Peace treaty

After Herpostan plead for peace, leaders from the country have been invited as well as NAF, SNL KU, SSS and French officials to Hamburg to discuss the end of the "Great European war", or at least the end of the war on Herpostan.

Stealth removed

After the great European war it becoame appearant to Prussian high command that stealth technology and dogfighting font go well together as such the new Ellusive Eagle VTOL navel Craft has removed its orders for stealth technology. This making a cheaper more effective navel fighter.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Prague

When presidential guards Checked on the presidential office, president Jozef Hornik was gone. With absolutely no trace left. With hours of looking for him, he was declared missing.

Rosenheim

The soldiers stationed at Rosenheim changed from killing civilians for oil, to killing civilians for Food. They ask food from the Prussian government.

Ladvania

The two invasion forces surrendered after rumors spread of Jozef Hornik gone missing. They realized they would lose the war and the generals decided to surrender.

Poland

After the 100,000 soldiers stationed in a city in Poland didn't receive their food for 3 days, they revolted against their generals and gave out weapons to hungry citizens.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:36 pm

DEU Reform Proposed

President Fabien Leonard has called for broad DEU reforms, saying that the body was 'paralyzed by ineffectiveness' during the rise of neo-fascism in Europe. After consulting with Charles Dupont, the Sixth Republic's permanent ambassador to the DEU, President Leonard has issued a series of draft changes to the DEU which would be implemented only if the majority of DEU member states agreed. The changes would include:

- The formation of a 'European Assembly', which will be based in Strasbourg where the majority of existing DEU business is conducted, and will be the formal meeting place for DEU representatives (excluding DEU Summits attended only by heads of state).
- The ability for nations which breach the DEU's charter to be expelled without prior consultation, in order to allow the swift action against another rise of extremism in national European governments.
- The right to diplomatic immunity of DEU diplomats in the European Assembly building.
- Increased funding of both the DEU Foreign Aid Council and European Security Force (by 15% and 4% respectively).
- An addition to the DEU charter forbidding the transformation of the DEU into a 'United States of Europe' without a positive display of direct democracy in favor in all involved nations.

Sovereign Nation of Ladvania
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Nation of Ladvania » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:15 pm

NO PARDON
After the surrender of the invaders, Ladvanian troops Morale has gone explicitly high.
Joseph Lenin has ordered for the surrendered troops to be captured and taken prisoners especially the High ranking officials, as they might have taken part in the atrocities around Europe. These high ranking officials will be tried.

Resistance is at a minimum in Slovakia, as all that is left are Calin insurgency and troops unaware of the news. Ladvanian troops have been informed and the ROEs have become strict, all Ladvanian troops plan to stay where they are until a new government is in place.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Batteries of the Republic

New economic plans aimed at increasing the quantity of energy produced by the Sixth Republic's Overseas Dominions have been announced by the Ministry of Energy this week, with exploitation of both renewable and fossil-fuel supplies being planned. In Laos, dams along the Mekong River will allow for surplus energy to be sold to the other member states of the French Indochinese Federation (Vietnam and Cambodia), with impacts to the flow and ecosystems of the river being heavily monitored and regulated by Federal Authorities. Meanwhile, Algeria is also planning to exploit potential solar power which totals up to 170 TWh per year. As Algeria consumes much less electricity than this annually, as time progresses the surplus energy can be sold to other areas and replace nonrenewable sources. Oil production in Algeria is expanding in response to the current global high prices, with hopes that Algerian producers may benefit from increases in profits. Metropolitan France remains self sufficient in it's energy needs.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Puertollano pledges to defend Orostan!

In an official statement regarding Puertollano's stance on the recent happenings, involving Zackaroth declaring war on neighbour Orostan; President Nicolo Castillo spoke in front of the Presidential Palace:

Recent affairs is telling the people of the world, particularly to us, the Puertollanoan people that the Zackarothian Government is thirsty for warfare. Their government, the least I could describe as despotic and misguided has declared war on our geographical, and our ideological neighbour, Orostan. From here on, Zackaroth must plan wisely, whether to fight and kill for their untenable declaration, or cease the needless bravado. Hence, Puertollano pledges to defend our comrades in Orostan, even to the extent of military use. Puertollano will repel any imperialist intrests from the Middle East, we will repel any invasion forces from South America. I understand that Zackaroth is a devout member of the Entente, and I hope that no Entente member whatsoever intervenes in this conflict, yet this should disqualify Zackaroth's membership, if the Entente is an alliance of sane nations, it has no place in it. Zackaroth, we order you to surrender immediately, or face the comradery of South America.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:12 am

2017 Calin Revolution

Calin soldiers surrendering against DRAAR forces

The Democratic Resistance Against Authoritarian Rule has taken various cities and delivers food from foreign countries.

Prague has been taken.

A country called "The Temporary Democratic State Of Calindelo" has been established.

Franz Krall (Top) the brother of Ludwig Krall has been established as the acting President of Calindelo.

While Karl Krall (Bottom) the son of Ludwig Krall has been established as the acting Vice President of Calindelo.

They are now en route to Gdansk.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:45 am

Hand of Freindship, Fist of War

In an adress to the public, President Anderson has commended Puertollano for its support. He has requested a meeting with the Puertollanoan leadership about the future of South America. The Cyber Warfare division of the Orostani armed forces has also contacted the Puertollanoan military for potential cooperation. In a leak from a worker in a Fighter Jet factory, the EE-3 was revealed to be a high altitude, hypersonic bomber, not a drone as was released before. In other news, meme consumption has jumped 300%.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Herpostan
Attaché

Postby Herpostan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:10 am

Herpostan Today
Government Newspaper of the Kingdom of Herpostan

VON HABSBURG RESTORATION

Maria I von Habsburg, By the Grace of God, Queen of the Herpostanis, Duchess of Budapest, Queen of Rome, Queen of Jerusalem, Lady of Paris, Lady of Habsburg.
Queen Maria I and Prince-Consort Carlos I Habsburg-Esta

After a nation-wide referendum following the collapse of the dictatorial regime of Adolf Herpo and his inevitable execution, The People voted in favor of a Monarchy to be restored ruled by the von Habsburg Dynasty. Maria I, then living at London, was elected as Monarch of Herpostan. She was crowned yesterday at the former Presidential Palace.

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:37 am

Treaty of Gdansk

Karl and Franz Krall after the signing of the treaty

Treaty of Gdansk
- Fascist government of Calindelo is dissolved. Leaders are tried for war crimes.

- Calindelo shall be partitioned into the Polish Republic, the Austrian Republic, the Czech Republic, and the Slovakian Republic.

- Each republic is declared a joint protectorate of the Kalmar Union and the Prussian Empire until further notice; thus, they receive full military protection from them.

- The KU and Prussia reserve the right to set up military bases within their protectorates.

- The people of each republic shall vote on a liberal constitution for their states in a referendum, as long as the law does not breach this treaty.

- The Austrian Republic and the Lubuskie, Wielpolskie, and Warminsko-Mazurskie vovoideships of the Polish Republic will all be given referendums to join the Prussian Empire.

- The three Pomeranian vovoideships of the Polish Republic will become a special semi-autonomous region known as Pomerania, having the right to vote in both the national elections of the Kalmar Union and the Polish Republic but bound by the national laws of only the Kalmar Union, though they will gain more autonomy than normal regions. Thus, the people of Pomerania are considered dual citizens of both the Kalmar Union and the Polish Republic, though citizenship in the Polish Republic is not necessary except to vote in Polish national elections.

The Kralls hated the treaty, but said it was for the greater good.

The Kralls and the members of the DRAAR are considered Heroes of Calindelo.

Jozef Hornik still at large

Jozef Hornik went missing a few days prior, and he has been recently spotted in Slovenia, boarding a yacht with possibly armed men.

The police are not able to relocate the yacht.

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 am

An invitation to a friend.

Today Kaiser Wilhelm has invited Kalmar Union Prime Minister Lofven to his palace in Berlin.
It is assumed they will be discussing the end of the European war, however we can't confirm anything.

Isolatin Confirmed

After recent events that have dragged the empire into an ever growing debt, today it was announced that an Isolation period is being declared to not only rebuild the two destroyed cities near Austria, but to also rebuild the economy.

It is set to take effect after the Liberian war.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Imperialist Sweden
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Sweden » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:35 pm

KU Requests Renegotiation of Treaty of Gdansk with All Coalition Powers; Lofven Requests that the Riksdag Holds Off on Vote to Ratify Treaty on KU End
While having been strong and unified on the outside, political issues pertaining to foreign policy have long plagued the Lofven administration ever since Prime Minister Lofven declared a return to a foreign policy based around peace and an opposition to imperialism. Hearing of the terms of the treaty, he quickly put out a statement requesting the Riksdag, controlled by the Kalmar Union Social Democrats, to hold off on ratifying this treaty, declaring that it was a mistake for him to not have been directly involved in the talks.

I request the honorable members of the Riksdag not to put this treaty to vote yet until I have a serious discussion with Foreign Minister Wallstromon this; I regret not having attended this meeting myself.

As Lofven had been the Vice Minister of a Prime Minister whose foreign policy was aggressive and thus had chosen a foreign minister with aggressive foreign policy, when the old PM resigned and let Lofven take over his position, the new PM ran into sharp conflict with the Foreign Minister over all sorts of things.

He had sent Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom to manage the treaty, expecting her to be in line with his foreign policy agendas; however, it has been found that Wallstrom purposely negotiated the treaty to serve her own foreign policy agenda for the Kalmar Union rather than her boss's. After the two met in Gdansk, Wallstrom announced her resignation, and Prime Minister Lofven sent out another statement.

I take full responsibility for the terms of this treaty. I must urge the Riksdag not to accept these terms negotiated by my previous foreign minister, so that we can negotiate a separate treaty with all the coalition powers and Calindelo.
Last edited by Imperialist Sweden on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Curraleigh
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

The United Republic

Postby Curraleigh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Pengium News

The United Republic announces itself to the world!

The newly elected President of The United Republic of Curraleigh, Michael Brooks, has recently started reaching out to countries across the global, inviting them to Austrailia to discuss their place in the world. Along with discussing trade pacts and building relations. The United Republic has also been also increasing relations with the countries of China and French Indocheise Federation. President Brooks has been also trying to get votes to pass a bill that will increase military research technology funding and manpower. President Brooks has invited French president Leonard to Sydney.

Losconia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Losconia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 pm

NAF Halts all trade and travel to Orostan
The President of the North American Federation, David Monroe, has issued a controversial executive order halting all trade, and travel to and from Orostan. Monroe has not stated on why he is doing this, but said it is best for the entire NAF. He has also stated that any NAF citizens in Orostan and South America are to come back to the NAF immediately. Congress is outraged by this, why do such a massive move on the international state without Congressional approval? Since the days of the Commonwealth, Congress has long held superiority towards the executive branch, a "Whigs" dream so to speak. It is the first time in a very long time that Congress has not approved a major decision.

Roackland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Roackland » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Roackland's first carrier completed
Today The Roack Government announced that the Construction of Roackand's First Aircraft carrier as been completed. The RNS Delhi will go into service Late Next year and will be a part of the first fleet and will carry 50 aircraft including the F/A-60 Viper. Construction of this carrier was begun in 2014. This is a part of the rearmament program to rearm our nation due to the wars going on.
Last edited by Roackland on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:32 am

Sale of Instruments of War

CNS Warsaw docked

Overlord - 01

Karl Krall Adressed that the government of Calindelo is wishing to sell the only 2 Aircraft Carriers of the Calin Navy, and the Recon Satellite "Overlord - 01" of the Calin Intellegence.

Prices:

CNS Warsaw - $5.2B
CNS Austria - $5.0B
Overlord - 01 - $2.5B

The Vice President said that the money will go straight into rebuilding Calindelo.

Herpostani-Calin Friendship

"We wish to be closer to Herpostan, and with Maria I 'st administration. We wish more diplomatic and Trade friendship with Herpostan."

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014

Unionian News Network

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:00 am

Jordan Overbeck to become Supreme Commander of the HDUHA?
Jordan Overbeck, the one who lead the Unionia Rebellion and had successfully driven the Soviets out of Canada and Alaska, and had proved himself as a more than capable General, the one that crushed several rebellions that tried to overthrow him, the one that guided the nation for every year it had existed, has finally been put in charge of the Hyper Democratic Union Home Army. Former Head General Fredrick Scott has retired from the HDUHA, and his position. Jordan Overbeck has furthermore chosen his Second in command to be Ryan Davis, of whom, was the leading General during the Unionian-American Skirmish War, the Unionian-Iberian War, and the Unionian intervention in Algeria. Jordan Overbeck has stated that he will do the best he can to make the HDUHA stronger than it is now, and plans on continuing his service for the Federation, and the Home Army, until he no longer can.
Several Satanic churches burnt down and shot up, Unionian Communities peacefully protest against construction of anymore
The Hyper Democratic Union of Canada used to have a law in place, that banned the construction and/or even the existence of Satanic Churches. It even went as far as people who openly admitted to being Satanists, were usually sent to rehabilitation, or in prison if they couldn't be rehabilitated, and in rare cases, death. After the North American Federation's constitution was put into place, a constitutional amendment rendered this law null and void, thus allowing the construction of said churches. Of course, this didn't come without a few peaceful protests by the Canadians, and the Christian communities in the HDUC Decried it. However, nobody really did anything much about it other than protest, until today. Recently, three Satanic Churches in Victoria, Ottawa and Montreal, were shot up with automatics, and burnt down by molotovs all in the same day by, what was described as figures wearing heavy coats, body kevlar, gasmasks, beanies, and carrying automatics and molotovs on them. Facial features, voices and ecetra wasn't given when asked eye witnesses. In total, about 23 lay dead from these attacks, all of which were members of these churches, or were there at the time. The rest of the ones who weren't killed were either found wounded, or were found missing.
Ontario 'Ring of fire' to be continued
The Ring of Fire is the name given to a massive planned chromite mining and smelting development project in the mineral-rich James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario. This project was canceled long ago, however now, the HDUC plans on re-initiating it, in order to create more jobs and increase chromite production.
Foederatum Americae Rally in Ottawa
A movement, that calls themselves "Foederatum Americae", translating to "United America", recently held a rally in Ottawa. The movement strives to create more of a "United American Federation", rather than one that's strictly North American. They wish to see both Americas united under a single banner, essentially. They recently held a rally in Ottawa. One of their members, Henry Woods, is running for President of the NAF. He, of which claims that he'll attempt to meet these goals if he is elected, and strive to unite the Americas. There are a few obvious problems and complications with this concept, however, but only time will tell if he does get elected or not.
Last edited by The Underground Movement Union on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herpostan
Attaché

Postby Herpostan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:17 am

Herpostan Today
Royal Newspaper of the Kingdom of Herpostan

HERPOSTANI-CALIN RELATIONS

Maria I, in the beginning days of her reign, has issued her deepest symphaties for the re-establishment of relations between the two nations. The Royal Ministry of External Affairs has ordered an immediate replacement of a former Herpo loyalist, Johachim Magyhe the former ambassador to the Republic of Calindelo during the Fascist Period. The New Ambassador shall be Anna Starylhia, a native of Pest.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:37 am

Controverisal statue erected

In a public park, located in inner Bogota, the capital of Puertollano an unusual statue has been erected. Residents of the surrounding area said that the statue in question was built late in the night and was finished by daylight. People flocked from around to see the figure who was supposed to be Argentinian revolutionary, Ernesto 'Che' Guevera. Che has been a polarising figure amongst the international community, but as of late in Puertollano, opinions of Che, Castro and socialist Cuba have shifted enormously. Under the statue, a gold plaque reads: 'Ernesto 'Che' Guevera, Revolutionary Hero'. While the federal government did not order the construction on the statue, rather a local council, many blame the President for validating Castro's periodic regime in Cuba. President Nicolo Castillo has been criticised for his past, as a young adult being active in a far-left political group, and there are even accusations that him personally has been involved in guirillia warfare. The government itself has responded to the statue dilemma, stating that the local council has the right to install which ever monuments it chooses.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates