NATION

PASSWORD

The Democritus Times (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Jordanian-Scandinavian Colonization

Postby Fridur » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Fridur to Colonize Jordan?

Negotiations between the two countries of Jordan and Fridur have begun. The topics of these negotiations? Colonization. Fridur set it's sights on the middle-east. To re-stabilize other countries within the sub-continent. To start this rebuilding Fridur requested to "Annex" Jordan to start. Jordan has shown no hostile oppositions. They just want to secure and clarify many many things. The Fridurian Army will be deployed within Jordan, until the Jordanian Armed Forces can handle themselves. Fridur will supply Jordan with whatever necessities and luxuries they desire. The question of if Fridur can colonize Jordan is largely left up to the European Union. Fridur expects an answer soon.

Last edited by Fridur on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:17 pm

French Space Program Prioritized!

Paris, New Metropolitan France - 7 November 2015

Following the successful launch of a satellite into orbit, the NMF has voted to increase the budget of the French Space Program by several hundred million Francs. The NMF plans to put a further 10 satellites into space within the next few months.

- Henry Stiles
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Grand Restored Russian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Restored Russian Empire » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Russian Restarting of Space Program, Takes some Land!

Moscow, The Grand Restored Russian Empire - 7 November 2015

Tsar Alexander Rovii I congrats the French for their successful launch of their satellite, and has sent gifts to the makers of it, in other news, The Russian Space Ministry has luanched the Satellite "Grand Peace" into Space, reports show that it is only a test, no live beings are being sent, yet, as Science becomes more and more important in Russia, tests have started on many new types of cars, weapons, and armor.

The Grand Peace, is said to be a Space station soon to be, some Officials have they plan on studying space and reporting back to the DEU, and, Russian Soldiers have started the march into Kazakhstan, taking only 23 miles in the country, reports say that they only wanted the oil fields that had bordered The Russian Border, the Duma has said that it plans on being Russian Culture into the world, by sending its artistic people's into all counties, to spread their culture, and get new fans for their songs.

Russian Duma has also allowed Russian Soldiers into Estonia and Latvia, the capitals and cities have been taken, and are now in the process of being annexed, reports say that Russian soldiers avoided citizen populated areas, the General Incharge said "I don't want My men to kill innocent people, we are better then the Soviet Union or the First Empire of Old, we are a Restored one, and Grand we will become once more" a Medical Campaign has also started in all newly taken territories, Russian Docots are coming from all around the country to help wounded Mena dn women, even none Russians, And are giving out food and building houses for the poor
Last edited by The Grand Restored Russian Empire on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone says I'm a cruel guy, but honestly, I don't see why, other then the fact that I like to invade nations that are right beside me.....and Possibly (Not all the time) Destroy everything in my path.
Newne Carriebean7 wrote:This is like the Soviet Union, just a lot better in terms of rights, and well....basically everything, and heck, he has dem girls man, dem girls bra, you would luv them.

"MUST KILL ALL VODKA HATING COMMIES, FOR THE GLORY OF THE VODKA GOD!"

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:49 pm

French Naval Base Opens on the Aegean Sea!

Paris, New Metropolitan France - 7 November 2015

After obtaining permission from the Turkish Government, the NMF Navy has begun construction of a submarine base to the South of Izmir. This base will house 2 submarines in peace time, but has a capacity of 5 subs. This base is seen as an important outpost, as it will allow French subs to refuel and operate in the Mediterranean, and even within the Black Sea more easily should we receive permission from the Turkish State to do so.

- Henry Stiles
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greater Alta California
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Alta California » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Californian Supremacy
Two days ago The Losconian Government was overthrown by the Californian Republican Guard, and many citizens. This has since then ended the legacy of the Federal Republic of Losconia, and has given birth to the Republic of Greater Alta California. This new government has now began to modernize Nevada, and Cascadia, and is working it Reclaim the rest of Idaho. These actions are well supported by the People, and non have resisted. This will be the stepping stone of a new golden age for our nation.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Removed.
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Unionian Times News

War in North Korea ends!
The invasion of North Korea ends in Hyper Democratic Victory, and occupies the capital. South Korea wishes to annex it, however the HDU claims that they will unite the two Koreas on the condition that Korea will become an HDU state, where everybody in the Koreas will be given full citizenship, and etc. The South Korean government agreed, thus finally uniting both of the Koreas, and uniting the Koreas with the Hyper Democratic Union.

ODLC Taken down!
Due to the passing of the "Pax Terra Act", the HDU took down their ODLC. The ODLC shall now be produced for other planets that may be colonized by the HDU.

HDU military creates a new experimental fighter, opening the doors for space warfare!
The HDU has recently produced a fighter known as the UI-98, that can be flown in outer space, however it still moves a little slow when it reaches space.. It is currently equipped with a single rail gun, and is able to shoot fast enough for the round to hit effectively, however it takes a while to reload. The fighter still has multiple problems. Seeing how the world is reaching the Era of space colonization, the HDU begins to mass produce the fighter. So far, the HDU confirms that they have a total of 7 fighters.

Empire of the United Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:48 am

Our Missiles Bring All the Boys to the Yard
A reminder to all British citizens:
At 0800 hours, 10 non-nuclear ICBMs headed for the Falklands. Since the populace are dead, a biowarfare protected Sturmtruppen group of 1000 with the 5th Omega Fleet cleared out the islands at 0500 hours. They then left, and the islands are still being bombed. The Falklands are to be turned into a Nuclear test site, or a military base similar to Sri Lanka. Presence of the EotUK will become more apparent in the following months.

On other news, the EotUK congratulates NMF on the capture of New Zealand, but condemns ASSR for the act of stealing South Idaho. More to come in later reports.

Honestatis et Integritatis!
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
=======*=======

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:25 pm

Invasion of Greenland!

A French force of 40,000 men has begun an amphibious and airborne assault upon Greenland, in the North Atlantic. The troops used in this campaign are mainly New French and French Guianan colonial forces, being given their first taste of combat. There are being transported by French-built Mistral assault ships along with vessels from their home territories, and are given air support by the French Air Force and Naval Aviation. The cause for this invasion was growing French interests in the North Atlantic, and the fear that if Greenland feel to an enemy all Atlantic shipping would be compromised. As Greenland has no military, it should only take a few days to occupy. More details will be released shortly.

- Henry Stiles

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Restored Russian Empire » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Russia Takes Over Kazakhstan and Annexs Lithuania, the last Baltic State not in Russia!

Moscow, The Grand Restored Russian Empire - 9 November 2015

Russian Soldiers advancing into Kazakhstan and Lithuania

The Duma has announced that due to Kazakhstan kidnapping and killing 300 Russians, the Russian Government has invaded and taken over many major cities, but hard street to street fighting in the Capital of Kazakhstan, a Regiment of Russian Soldiers from near the Moscow Dictict captured the Kazakhstan Government and they have been brought to a Russian Judge in Moscow, A Army of 200,000 Men have taken over 23 Cities, 5 Major Ones, and only 1/3 of the Capital, Military Officials say that the Capital should fall soon, in other news, The Kazakhstan Capital appears to be the only place to be fight back, as the entire country has fallen in a matter of Hours, Russian Officials say they caught the Kazakhstan Armed Forces off guard.

Russian Soldiers fighting in Kazakhstan

The Lithuania Issue has been confirmed over, Lithuania voted to rejoin Russia, like its fellow Baltic States, Estonia and Latvia, the Russian Government said that the People appeared to be very happy to join a very Modern, Peaceful, Economically powerful New Russia, The Russian Government has also sent in Medical Teams into the Country to Treat Diseases that the Lithuanian Government couldn't handle, The Russian Prime Minister also stated:

[i]The Russian Government will not go into Eastern Europe, we have no interests there, only in Asian Russia, this I can promise you our Western Allies, you needn't worry about the Russian Bear eating up any land, we only did this to get more trade, from Fridur, France, or EotUK, it will be much faster now, the Traders will thank us now, I am sure of it
Last edited by The Grand Restored Russian Empire on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone says I'm a cruel guy, but honestly, I don't see why, other then the fact that I like to invade nations that are right beside me.....and Possibly (Not all the time) Destroy everything in my path.
Newne Carriebean7 wrote:This is like the Soviet Union, just a lot better in terms of rights, and well....basically everything, and heck, he has dem girls man, dem girls bra, you would luv them.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Restored Russian Empire » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Russo-Kaza Treaty!

Moscow, The Grand Restored Russian Empire - 10 November 2015

Today Great Works happened, The Russian Empire and the Kazakhstan Republic had been fighting for quite the while now, resulting in Kazakhstan losing half of its country and a siege happening In Their Capital, now it appears, that a Treaty between the Russian and Kazakhstan Governments has confirmed Russian Country of the Country, like the Baltic States, which were granted rights to having its own Parliament, Kazakhstan has agreed to joining Russia and having its own Parliament, while most would think this means a end to Kazakhstan Culuture, oh no, it appears the two cultures will be mixing, and All Kazakhstan Cities will be renamed into Russian, and all Kazakhstanians will be Russians, this victory has given Russia a great new area of influence in the area, some say that Russia should be considered a Great Power, like its western friends, France and the Empire of the United Kingdom, Russian Signs have already replaced Kazakhstan One's on Roads leding to anywhere in Kazakhstan.

Kazakhstan President and Russian Prime Minister shaking Hands after signing Treaty

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 am

Bow Before Us
An extremely exciting report has been issued by the Military Advisor!
I can now reveal that the 1st Alpha Fleet, 2nd Beta Fleet, and 3rd Beta Fleet along with the 1st Alpha Squadron have been readied for an invasive procedure. The target know who they are.

11,000 Beta troops are being readied in New Hampshire, and a few soldiers were very excited about the event.
Finally we shall prove our might for the Empire! No nation stall stand before us as we mow them down - and then they must pray when the Sturmtruppen come for them! We look forward to meeting our fellow comrades on the battlefield, where we fight for freedom!

There has been several peace demonstrations around the UK, but the perpetrators have been detained and shot.

On other news, diplomatic talks with Akksum have commenced. They have been reportedly made to help with the situation in Africa, as Egypt lays right above Akksum.

=======*=======

Greater Alta California
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Alta California » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Southern Idaho Invasion!

With Diplomacy failing the only action is now war, we have no choice. As of this morning 5 divisions of Air, Infantry, and Calvary have been deployed to cease southern Idaho from their communist occupants. Others have been deployed at the borders, this war will not end well for the ASSR, they should have negotiated instead of remaining silent. We the people want to see our nation united once again, Eureka! We stand with the Republic! The Republic has also called on its allies to assist, with cooperation this war will be over before it starts.

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Looking to expand more soft power to finally become a great power. Scientists have been working extremely hard to develop new armor for the Fridurian Armed forces. As well as colonization ships nearing the end of construction. Top Secret combat armor is currently under development and no information with be further announced. As another advancement at soft power, Fridur is organizing an official government department. The Department of Aid, The task of this department? To provide aid to anyone who needs it. No matter the cost. In another word the education system is being revamped with hopes to hold Education as a soft power.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:34 pm

French Military Aircraft Bound for Virrgo!

Cayenne, French Guiana, New Metropolitan France - 13 November 2015

The Sixth Republic has sent another 24 planes to our Protectorate as a show of thanks for their assistance in the intervention against the American SSR. 4 more Mirage V attack aircraft from the Cold War era have been exported to Virrgo, along with 20 of the more modern Dassault Mirage 2000s. The Mirage 2000 is relative of the Mirage V, and is still used by some squadrons of the French Air Force today. 10 NH90 Helicopters have also been sent to Virrgo.

A Mirage 2000C of the French Air Force.

- Henry Stiles
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Turkish State
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Turkish State » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 am

NEW ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE DISCOVERED IN TURKEY!

The top turkish scientists commissioned by the department of public relations have announced the discovery of a new alcoholic drink! Found from the fermentation of wheat and added with spices such as cinnamon, the drink is savoury and sweet. To produce the drink, permission must be asked from the Turkish government. The drink is currently unnamed!

Other minor news

The construction of a major French submarine base south of Izmir is almost finished, with French submarines expected to be able to be housed in the next week. The base is conjunction with French planes being transported to a nearby airbase.
- GO CHP -
Please note: Not an actual Turk IRL, I just like the country (well, not what Erdogan is doing with it)

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:12 am

Neo-Byzantine government shows off its army!
November 13, 2015

The Neo-Byzantine Federal Army was marching in the capital of The Neo-Byzantine; Athenia. The Neo-Byzantine Federal Army was established after the communist government was defeated in the separatist war and collapsed. Most of them are well-experienced and considered them as the patriots of the new Neo-Byzantine government. They are comprised with 800,000 soldiers today and they are once revolutionaries, now a patriot. The marching will be held in the capital of The Neo-Byzantine; Athenia, don't miss it, patriots!
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Multi-Million Franc Aircraft Deals Signed!

Lyon, New Metropolitan France - 14 November 2015

New Metropolitan France has today announced that two deals have been signed that will greatly expand the combat power of the NMF Air Force. Dassault Aviation has acquired the rights to produce Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft from EotUK. This is highly significant due to the French government's normal favoritism towards the Dasault Rafale aircraft - why would the French buy the rights to produce a rival plane? In addition, an unknown quantity of Saab JAS 39 Gripen aircraft have been purchased from Fridur.

A Eurofighter.

- Henry Stiles
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fangwall
Secretary

Founded: Sep 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fangwall » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:31 pm

BREAKING NEWS. COMPLETELY BORING DAY.
With a hint of sunshine, and muffin-fights
Last edited by Fangwall on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Response to Falklands Crisis!

Lyon, New Metropolitan France - 14 November 2015

The NMF has summoned the EotUK Ambassador to seek an official explanation of the allegations of Chemical Weapon use in the Falklands. The NMF South Atlantic Fleet has been released from combat duties against the ASSR, and will head for French Guiana to conduct tests in order to be assured that no chemicals have spread to either Guiana or Virrgo. We ask Virrgo authorities to cooperate fully with our tests.

ASSR Falls, New York established as French Occupied Territory!

The government of the American SSR has reportedly collapsed today, with the people rising up against the Communist leadership as the nation was invaded by Californian, French, British, Russian, and Virgin forces yesterday in response to the illegal occupation of Southern Idaho. The former state's territory is now being divided, with New York being occupied by French forces, most of the East Coast being controlled by a provisional government known as Amarti Patriae, and Greater Alta California also expanding into former Communist territory. The HDU is also expected to occupy some land. Finalized details are expected to be released within days.

NMF-Turkish Deployment!

France has continued it's deployment of forces to The Turkish State this week, with three submarines departing for the new base near Izmir, and 8 French Air Force Dassault Rafales arriving in Turkey to operate alongside the Turks.

A French Air Force Rafale lands in Turkey

- Henry Stiles
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Red Alert
All heil the glorious leader. All read with honour in your hearts, a rare occasion that our gracious Queen will talk from her own words.
Ladies and gentleman of the world; I want nothing but peace for the nations within our glorious empire, and all those within it. I am sure that no weapons would have been intentionally fired - and that this was obviously an accident. My condolences go towards the grieving families, and all of the lives lost at that sad time.

Enemies of the Empire
The treacherous Fangwall authoritarian figures have dispatched land troops on our nation of the Falklands! A small task team of under 10 was reported by inside figures to have landed, and they have been detained and dealt with in British fashion - with blindfolds, of course. Officer Jones was the Sturmtruppen task team leader at the time, and he insisted that the Fangwall soldiers were to be honoured for their courageousness.

However this is the end of warm Anglo-Fangwall relations.

The Final Frontier!
The glorious empire has released a satellite into the abyss that is space! We can now broadcast our famous propaganda to the furthest reaches of our empire, and check on our citizens safety.

Last edited by Empire of the United Kingdom on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

=======*=======

The Turkish State
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Turkish State » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Turkey shows of its might!

Turkey put on a display of her military prowess today in Istanbul, with a beautifully timed display of Tanks, Men and Jets. Onlookers were wowed by the Eurasian nation's celebration of the secularisation of Turkey, as well as marking the halfway point of the construction of two aircraft carriers designed and built in Izmir.

This comes following the government decision not to reduce the number of active troops back to its pre-civil war number, and to instead increase its military budget to make the 1,230,000 active troops into fully professional jobs with a full pay. The large amount of troops also has meant that new infrastructure needs to be made, so unemployment has fallen drastically, especially in the eastern provinces.
- GO CHP -
Please note: Not an actual Turk IRL, I just like the country (well, not what Erdogan is doing with it)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Sixth Republic Demonstrates their Power!

All of New Metropolitan France - 14 November 2015

In response to other such parades across the region, New Metropolitan France has held massive military exercises and parades to showcase the country's military might and assert her rightful position as a regional super power.

- Henry Stiles

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Restored Russian Empire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:42 am

Invasion of Tranzania, Prime Minister Asks for Peace Conference, due to the Unstable State of the World!

Tanzania, The Grand Restored Russian Empire - 14 November 2015

The So Called "United Republic" of Tanzania

The Russian Duma, has Declared War against itself and Tanzania, the Rural Country, who had never had let its citizens have any Political Rights and Abused its resources have attacked and brutality murdered and raped Russian Citizens there, the Russian 5th Army, 30,000 men in total have already landed and are right now invading the African Nation, reports come in of many Wounded, Missing in Action, and Killed, making the Russian Bear even Mader as some say, The Duma has announced its plans on annaexing the Country and letting a Parliament rule them like the other Nations it has taken over, already, it claims, a new "Government" is bring formed out of Africans loyal to the cause of National Unity of Tanzania, they have also declared the New Tanzanian Government has elected Tsar Alexander Rovii I to be the New King, with Constitutional Rights of Course

In Other News, The Prime Minister has asked in a International Conference in Russia to Reporters if a Conference in the Democritus Capital Territory could beheld, he explained why saying that due to the unstable state of the world, with the Fangwall sneaking troops into EotUK's Territory, the EotUK breaking off Relations, he said he only wants World Peace and pleas for a Conference to be held, he said that he himself and his Majesty the Tsar would come
Last edited by The Grand Restored Russian Empire on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Virrgo
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Virrgo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:40 pm

EXODUS!!!

Due to the increasing number of attacks on sites of French origin and the recent collapse of ASSR the government of Virrgo has opted to initiate Code: Rebirth. Several ships are loaded with military equipment particularly those brought in from the Virgin protector of France and begin to set sail for the ports of New Orleans.

After that a call is given to Virgin citizens to begin packing their perishables as well relics retaining to Virrgo. Over a period of years it is expected for the 75-89% of the native Virgin population to sit and resettle the areas originally retaining to Louisiana Territory. Once government officials arrive the capital is made New Orleans which is then renamed Saint Joan after Joan d' Arc.

Virgin settlers are encouraged to form bonds with the native Americans in the territory as to legitimize the government as it goes through a second period of re-centralization.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates