NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 41st WorldVision Song Contest | Quickenden, Britonisea

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC | 41st WorldVision Song Contest | Quickenden, Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:46 pm

WorldVision Song Contest 41- Quickenden, Britonisea

Only participants can vote in the 41st WorldVision Song Contest!

17:30 UCR Doportedas Time (UTC+1)

The Bid- The OOC Thread - WV 40 (Ekoz) - WV 40 Winning song (Praciba)

Your official Broadcaster for tonight;

This is the Arena's most significant night and show casing as all seats have been taken and people are waiting outside the gates of the arena to see if there are any free tickets for the standing area, unknown to them, even the standing areas are 110% full. With crowds from all around the world, some of the Aloquirbic, Britonish, Estoge and Nightomese people look at them in amaze. BVC finally allowed cameras to go on as the lights of the big screen on the stage lit up with the number 30 on them. It stood still as the audience went wild, amazed at the high definition of the screen. It didn't move though. The time is approximately 17:29, one minute before the contest which promises a change starts. This is the first time that the WorldVision Song Contest has been held in the region and certainly the first to be held under the GBK. Then, the look on the stage counted down. In the blink of the eye, the clock was already down at 00:15.00.00 at is descending down. You started to hear the crowd now counting down from 10, and as they reached one, the show began. A massive amount of fireworks were shot in to the sky, outside the arena, as well as large sprinklers and indoor fireworks going on. Then, Jonaton Willis came out with a huge smile on his face. He had microphone ear piece so he didn't have the microphone in his hand. He did however have some cards with the logo on the back of them.

Jonaton Willis: Hello WorldVision Song Contest, hello Quickenden, I am Jonaton Willis and I will be your co-host for this magnificent, unique contest here. *Waves, as the crowd go crazy by applauding and whistling. Okay, I know you're happy to see me, but we must get on with the fantastic show that we have today! It has been a long time coming, but we have the WorldVision Song Contest held in Britonisea, finally! And this is the best time to have it in Britonisea as we celebrate 10 [years] editions together, with you, the public at home. Today, you are probably going to experience the longest opening Ceremony that the WorldVision Song Contest has ever had! Now, I asked the Producers, Do you really think that it is a good idea? and they were angry with me. So, they, urgh, made me sing. You'll here me sing a bit later, but I am afraid you won't hear me sing if I make a run for it. I wonder where Mini and Tess are? I wonder...hmmm.

Suddenly the stage darkened. Jonaton looked around the stage as though he didn't know what was happening or what was going to happen, and I am sure that he didn't know what was going to happen. The theme tune of the song, Love from us to you. He smiled as Mini came out. She came out from the back of the stage and she was wearing this. She then looked at Jonaton in disgust before she started to sing the start of the song. The audience screamed in excitement as the camera did a close up on Mini. She looked straight at the camera.

Russadonia, we joined the song race,
Such a disgrace, we landed penultimate place!
We bid next edition,
Not a good submission,
Then again, we landed on our face.

Mini then started to walk forwards in to the crowd as co-host Tess Philipa started to sing the next part as she started walking behind stage, there was a camera on her face so you could see how she was acting. Behind stage, she passed a few colleagues who looked like they just went to get a cup of tea, during the show, of course, this what meant to happen.

Now, we travelled the world!
Ekoz all the way to Todlichebujoku, oh in 36.
In 38, yeah, we got our break,
And Jon has a fear of Polkopians! Oh no!

Blow out the candles, ignite our passion,
10 editions of us Brit's down here.
The Grand British Kingdom, at least we tried,
But World, we have love from us to you.

Oh Oh ooh. Love from us to you, babe.

Tess Philipa comes out on stage after she was walking backstage. She jumps out and she waves to the crowd as Mini sees her on the stage, she then walks up to Tess and gives her a big hug before Tess sings the next part to the song.

I bumped my head, a man pushed me for dead.
Then I fled, To the Free City of Rouen.
Got the wrong plane, it drove me insane.
It was okay, I am in Kishrael!

A puddle of confidence filled up in Jonaton so he decided that it would be a great idea to sing over the girls, and as the girls were about to sing, Jonaton interrupted and started to sing the next part of the song; he was making this up. The audience seemed like they enjoyed this, professionals, not so much.

My journey gone wrong,
So I put it to a song, and made me feel so good.
Went to BloodBath Generation; for an operation,
But ended up in Coreyo, great.

Blow out the candles, ignite our passion,
Eventhough I cannot get to the right place.
The Grand British Kingdom, at least we tried,
But World, we have love from us to you.

He sings.

I know you want CS.
Centre stage, please yes,
But this isn't the right song.
Girls, let's make space for, our next guests, coz,
They're supposed to sing!!
I said, I know you want CS.
Centre stage, please yes,
But this isn't the right song.
Girls, let's make space for, our next guests, coz,
They're supposed to sing!!

He said this pointing at the group who was waiting patiently on the side of the stadium, the fans went wild as they are a popular band in Britonisea. They were looking forward to go on and so they had smiling faces and all waved their hands.

Mini: Wait what? I thought we were supposed to sing?

Jonaton: That's what I have been trying to tell you!

Mini: You'll pay!

Blow out the candles, for the final time.
Because when I catch you,
You will suffer, my significant other,
But of course it is love from me to you,

All the memories, that we both keep,
Now is has blown away, we'll see it another day!
Whoo, Whooo, Whoo,
Love from me to you!

The three presenters then came in to a line and bowed before the next act got ready.

Our Equilibrium| Pleasantz

Pleasantz: Are these the next hopefuls for Britonish Selection at the 42nd Grand Prix?

The stage turned dark as the second act started. The camera was in a long shot as this boy group stood in a line. You could see their silhouette on the stage. The music started.

(Let's tell the truth)
(Let's preach it out)

Crystal Clear, we are so divided.
Never gone change, but we're undecided, oh.
As the heat and passion burns inside
The strength and confidence runs and hide, oh

I can feel it now, coming out and out,
I can feel my heart breaking.

As the first man began to sing, the lights slowly brightened, as there was a green feel in the air, the screen in the back showing the colour green and the stadium, green. There was a large plaque in front of the four men, as they all started to sing the chorus.

Sunshine, our wish
Please Understand!
The crimes in the land.

No war, our hope
Please Understand!
Let's create a stable land.
Our equilibrium.

The stage, as well as the audience, turned a colourful red, yellow, orange, green and blue as they sang the chorus, the music showing the base. This had to make a good impression. The four men then stepped over the plaque, which soon said Pleasantz on it.

Oh, Oh, Stable.
Oh, Oh, peaceful
Oh, Oh, Grateful.

We may all have our emotions,
But through this some find devotion. Oh yeah

I can feel it now, coming out and out,
I can feel my heart breaking

With our hands as one,
We all pick up the crumbs
To the create the world, we are, not!

With one of the singers now down on his knees, and turning red because he was hitting the high notes, the other boys began to sing while also doing a dance move, and sign language too.

Sunshine, our wish
Please Understand!
The crimes in the land.
(Let us stand up right away)

No war, our hope
Please Understand!
Our equilibrium.

The one on his knees then gone up back again and the others all put their microphones in the stand, then then linked there arms together and all sang the song together, at the same time. Using their feet to still keep a sway going.

Oh, Oh, Stable.
Oh, Oh, peaceful
Oh, Oh, Grateful.

We may all have our emotions,
But through this some find devotion. Oh yeah

Sunshine, our wish
Please Understand!
The crimes in the land.
Our equilibrium

No war, our hope
Please Understand!
Our equilibrium.

One love, One peace, One cry.

"Thank you!" the all shout hand shaking, and giving a high five to each other. "Thank you" the all ran off the stage.

Mini Surrey: Wow amazing, let's give another round of applause to the amazing pop act we have here! *LOUD AUDIENCE APPLAUSE* Okay, welcome again to the WorldVision Song Contest! *The Tune Starts Playing- LOUD AUDIENCE APPLAUSE*. We are in Quickenden, the business Capital of Britonisea, and we are delighted to host the contest. Now, the bidding process has been a long journey and we would like to look back at the bidding process. It was a grueling match against the Bloodbath Generation; but we surfaced. Here is our bid video that Quickenden put together.

*The Music of the Video Continues to play*

Jonaton Willis: Well, WorldVision Song Contest 41, please welcome your nations whom are participating in the first Britonish Singing Prix, it is the nation's parade, cheer for your favourite nation, and don't boo in the audience as we would like to show everyone our sense of welcome and sportsmanship; even though this isn't sports...Anyways enough of me talking. WorldVision, WELCOME YOUR PARTICIPANTS!

The stage: This is what the stage looks like at this current moment as the first nation starts to enter the arena.

The Camera shot went from outside the arena, then started to pass where the participants where (In a line leading from outside's sunset. The camera then rolled out to the front of the stage when the voice read out the first nation).
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Find out what your name is in NBL: Right here! Also, apologies if the red on the cards doesn't show.

The Postcard List

The Nation's Parade | We're currently here!

Note: Nations will be called out in NBL and then English.

"Act Number 1, Kashenober | Kasanovakorvatica"
Performance | Voting | Full Postcard | Performance Postcard

"Act Number 2, Rwhitton | Estogium"

There was a big crowd for Estogium as they were the first GBK Nation to enter the building, and also the first UCR nation to feel the feeling of performing at a WorldVision Song Contest Stage in Britonisea. There was mass applaud and ovation for not just Estogium, but for Kasanova Koratica too.

"Nation Number 3, Vojehno | Volcanoc"

"Act Number 4, it is Polkopieme | Polkopia"

Well it was a mixed reaction for Polkopia. Britonisea likes Polkopia, we love their music and voted for the nation a few times. However, this was put down when Britonisea sent a, what seemed like, anti-Polkopian song and a few of our commentators has a fear of Polkopia. You could say that half of the crowd were jubilant while the other half sat there clapping sarcastically, for the fun of it, overall good audience sportsmanship for Volcanoc, a bit for Polkopia.

"Act Number 5, Sanlereme | San Llera"

"We have act number 6, Generie Brusteme | Bloodbath Generation!"

The crowd erupted in to cheering and whistling from the crowd as they praised Bloodbath Generation as they stepped out on to the stage floor, we don't know the reason why, but if Bloodbath Generation were to win tonight, we think that the crowd will actually go crazy. A very good reception for Bloodbath Generation. San Llera received applause too and ovations, but was drowned out by Act 6.

"Act Number 7. Ejoka | Ekoz"

"And, Act 8 we have, Talvezoote | Talvezout"

The applause here was good, however Britonish Officials scratched their heads wondering why the applause wasn't loud for these two nations. Well respected in the WorldVision Song Contest, and certainly in Britonisea, these two got mediocre responses from the crowd. The Camera took a quick shot of a man holding a flag which was half Talvezout and half Ekoz, which was weird.

"Act 9, it's the same in NBL as English, Esta Lloviendo"

"Act Number Ten, it is Nekonija | Nekoni"

The crowd cheered ever so loudly, beating BloodBath Generation. The Crowd adored Esta Lloviendo as they like Britonish Songs; and has previously given 12s to the songs that Britonisea produced. Nekoni's applause was very loud too, whether it is a carrying on from Act 10s eruption or whether Britonisea is also fond of Nekoni, the reason has not yet been discovered.

"Number Eleven, it is Rotieme | Rotia!"

"Give a round of applause for, Act 12, Plantadrez | Dreamplanet
Performance | Voting| Full Postcard | Performance Postcard

This showed great sense of sportsmanship. The crowd was very fond of Dreamplanet, just like Esta Lloviendo and now Bloodbath. The connection between Dreamplanet's votes and Britonish votes make it straight that whatever Dreamplanet produces, Britonisea likes and visa versa, however will this be the case for this edition? Rotia is a good nation, and received an okay amount of applause. The Rotian flag was shown behind the stage and it seemed like the crowd was amazed at the beauty of it.

"Act 13, Monserex | Mister X!"

"Act fourteen, welcome Cowai | KwaDai"

Mister X came on stage and about 50% of the crowd cheered and stood on their feets, holding the Mister X flag in the air, however, the other half just sat there and refused to clap, never mind recognise that the nation came out. This was later a memory as everyone got up and started a Mexican wave for the arrival of KwaDai, hundreds of KwaDai flags were raised in to the air, and was definitely a favourite of the Britonish crowd.

"Act Fifteen, we have Republica de Librate | Free Republics!"

"Act Sixteen, it is Vha Sword Bloke | The Sword Bloke"

Free Republics. Well Britonisea enjoyed the Olympics. There was an average, okay, amount of applause for both of these nations, something to be proud of, but not as loud as the previous reactions. Nevertheless, there were a group of Free Republicans, or Britonish supporters of Free Republicans who were the loudest in the whole arena. The camera rolled on them before turning to those from Krytenia.

"Act 17, welcome Kriten | Krytenia!"

"Act 18, Elecktrom | Electrum"

One or two tennis balls were thrown on to the stage as Electrum's participant came out. The crowd went crazy, almost transforming in to a bunch of lunatics in the arena. The applause was certainly louder than Estogium's, Britonisea's neighbour. Interesting response, and certainly a favourite here in Britonisea. Krytenia's response was good too, though it was topped by what came after.

"Act nineteen, on the stage. Please say hello to Nueram de Pica | Normandy and Picardy"

"Simply said, 20, Izmedu! Which is the same in both languages!"

As Normandy and Picardy came out and showed themselves to Britonisea, there crowd gave a round of applause, though there were a few coughs in the crowd and undecided people whether to clap along or ignore them. Izmedu came on, and like Electrum, the crowd went crazy for them, simply because they send great songs; one of which is being performed here today in Quickenden.

"Act 21, WV Giants, Todlichebulun | Todlichebujoku"

"Act 22, it is Vha Sarene | The Sarian!"

The applause for ToBu was quite substantial. Britonisea isn't comfortable around them, though love the country so much. It's like you meeting your idol, and you feel awkward because you don't want to get too over excited. Then the Sarian came out and it was the same thing here. A good reaction but keeping within the boundaries of etiquette.

Act 23, Jitribieme | Yttribia!"

"Act Number 24, Gegoryisteme | Gregoryisgodistan"

The crowd was applauding at a constant, rain noise when Yttribia came out. However, when Gregoryisgodistan came out there was a wider range of responses to this country. Firstly, you started to hear a monotonous clapping rhythm followed by boos, followed by whistling and "whoops" in the crowd. There was a group of Britonish citizens who wanted to come off the so-called Hate List Gregorisgodistan has for us. And so had a picture of Lord Gregory on a Gregoryisgodistani Flag, then an Anti-Gregoryisgodistan group burnt the flag on live television. Both groups were prosecuted.

"Act Number 25, welcome Gim, which is the same in both languages!"

"Act 26, welcome Associated Godlands!"

"Right, please make some noise for your hosts, Act 27, Brityunik | Britonisea!"
Peformance | Voting | Full Postcard | Performance Postcard

As Gim and Assosciated Godlands came out, it seemed that the pace of the nation parade went slower. Gim's response was certainly interesting. It was a mixture of "Who are they" and "They are who!?", while Associated Godlands got something close to Gregoryisgodistan's response. No one was prosecuted. Another mexican wave started as the crowd started to chant "BRIT-YUN-IK, BRIT-YUN-IK". The announcer took this to his advantage, and stalled the Britonish Acts from going out too early. As he called out "Brityunik" Mya Richardson came out with a microphone in her hand. She smiled and waved at the crowd as the crowd went crazy. Roses were flown on to the stage as sparklers lit up the stadium. Some may call this favouritism, however it was making a big thing of Britonisea; something that won't happen again for a long time. She then walked to the greenroom where people begged for an autograph. She ignored them gently and walked in her area, which was closest to the stage. Tess Philipa then sat next to her.

"Now, Calm down as we welcome Act 28, Meneserex | Missus X"

"Act Number 29, welcome Glaceme | Graciada!"

Act Number 30, Please welcome Anilons | The Lonish Isles!"

As Missus X stepped out, and Rick Leg stepped on to the stage, the Britonish crowd started to boo them. It was a mix between boos and cheers [Similar to Russia in Eurovision 2014], LGBT Flags were risen and waved around, some of which were draped over the cameras next to the audience, the voice decided that they would move to the next act 5 seconds earlier than they should, hurrying Rick Leg off the stage. Graciada then came on as all cameras became accessible, and as the Lonish Isles came out, there was mass applause.

"Act Number 31, welcome Murinoringrand | Muinordgrad!"
Performance | Voting1 | Full Postcard | Performance Postcard

"Act Number 32, welcome Kalosia and Kalosia!"

"Act Number 33, welcome Elecktrom Diplosimikophise | Electrum Diplomatic Offices!"

Muinordgrad came out and the Britonish Public started to calm down a bit. The crowd seemed to get quieter in the run up for Act 32's appearance. And as the Kalosian delegation came out, there were boos from the crowd, but there were cheers too. Mainly from the foreign members of the arena. There was a chant "W-H-F VIC-TOR-Y!" This was uncalled for, especially because BVC took the blame for UCRTV's mishaps. The commentator of the WHF tried to make an appearance but his access was denied. The commentators don't know this. Next, Electrum Diplomatic Offices came out, and suddenly, tennis balls came flying on to the stage again. The producers made the colour turn green to suit grass court. The Britannual Britonish Tennis Open's floor.

"Act Number 34, Lonslaen | Lons"

"Act Number 35, Wazkenbush | Wazekia"

The audience clapped both Wazekia and Lons, however they were more thrilled out about Lons as Wazekia's commentator was quite harsh with the GBK participants. This, though, won't matter when it comes to the Britonish and Estoge voting for their winners.

The Commentaries
Vha Jugatelisteme | The Playlist

Brityunik | Britonisea - Break One - Break Two - Break 3 - Part 1
Talvezoote | Talvezout - Part 1
Nueram de Pica | Normandy and Picardy - Part 1
Elecktrom | Electrum- Part 1 -
Monserex | Mister X- Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4
Todlichebulun | Todlichebujoku - Pre WorldVision top Shard Tags
Ejoka | EkozVeckannis Trendœr

1 Voted "The Grand British Kingdom" meaning Muinordgrad voted Estogium as Britonisea is already on the voting list for the nation.
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:45 am, edited 45 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 pm

The Greenroom

Tess: Here in the greenroom we have all the participants whom was just on that stage a second ago, as they paraded on the stage and down to the Greenroom where they meet me here, right now. The energy here is ecstatic and we can't wait to get started with the contest, so, if you don't mind, I am about to join Mya Richardson, the Britonish Entrant this year for a cup of tea! So Mya, how do you feel, returning to the WorldVision Song Contest in Britonisea!

Mya: It is such a gift, It is amazing, I can't believe it, this is an amazing opportunity and I want to get on that amazing stage and sing my heart out to my nation! *Crowd Cheers*

Tess: And you are not singing soon, are you?

Mya: No, I am singing later in the contest!

Tess: Back to you Mini and Jon!

Mini: Thanks ever so much much Tess, let's hold hands Jonaton. *Jonaton holds hands with Mini* The first nation who is performing is Kasanova-Korvatica. So, on that note...

Mini & Jonaton: Let the WorldVision Song Contest begin!!!

Note: Details on interviews will come up, and people will be receive a telegram. Also, remember to put your postcards at the top of your song.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Kasanovakoratica
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kasanovakoratica » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:37 pm

"Yay! We're stars!"

01.KASANOVA-KORATICA

Twerking Hard
Katie Cracker

After Kasanova-Koratica's stunning finish in WV40, the song-contest-people have decided to take inspiration from a really cool nation.

Katie walks onto the stage in a tight shiny black dress, then turns away from the audience and bends over
I've been doing this night after night
Ever since I first saw the sky
Strengthening my inner thighs
One shake at a time

You tell me I've been doing well
Even good enough for you to sell
But my sweat is raising up a smell
One shake at a time

Really amazing how Katie manages to sing so well, considering what she's doing as she's singing
I've been twerking hard
Been twerking since the start
Amazing for my heart
Not so much for me

Oh I cry
Away from your eyes and sight
Butt pointed to the sky
Twerking hard is too painful for me

The camera zooms in on every note she hits
People say that I'm insane
Selling buttcheeks for more pain
But then again, I've got my fame
One shake at a time

So now I know that every twerk
Will pay off while I cry and twerk
People feel me through my skirt
One shake at a time

Nobody can see her pained smile
I've been twerking hard
Amazing for my heart
Just as much for me

Oh I sigh
Butt pointed to the sky
Twerking hard was too painful for me

The lights go crazy, and Katie is shaking it so hard she knocks over the empty microphone stand at the front of the stage
I've been twerking hard
Amazing for my heart
Just as much for me

Oh I sigh
Butt pointed to the sky
Twerking hard is too perfect for me

She rises, her backside still shaking to the audience
I've been twerking hard
Amazing for my heart
Just as much for me

Oh I sigh
Butt pointed to the sky
Twerking hard is too perfect for me

Katie bends back down and works it more seductively
Ooh yeah, hit me harder

Still bent over, she shouts, "THANK YOU QUICKIES" before waddling off the stage.
Last edited by Kasanovakoratica on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 13 times in total.
WV29: 28th/29, 9 points
WV33: 22nd/25, 24 pts
WV34: 12th/30, 57 pts
WV35: 34th/39, 23 pts
WV37: 37th/40, 21 pts
WV39: 25th/45, 47 pts
WV40: 44th/44, 10 pts
WV41: 24th/34, 37 pts
WV43: 10th/28, 55 pts
WV44: 23rd/25, 23 pts
WV45: 24th/29, 26 pts (not counted by other people because time happened)
WV48: 17th/34, 46 pts (with some sweet lady named Gertrude)
WV68: 10th/26, 59 pts
WV85: 28th/28, 3 pts
WV88: 32nd/32, 9 pts
WV95: 27th/27, 12 pts
WV96: 27th/34, 44 pts
WV97: 22nd/25, 38 pts

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Estogium (GBK)

When I fall
Timothy White
Jemma- Tim Odell- Real Love
In the style of;
Tim Odell- Real Love

On the stage, there was a chair. The smoke machines was on and so the chair looked murky in the middle of the stage. Suddenly a guitar started to play from the back as a man figure came to the front and sat down on the chair, the light came mostly from the stage, however the camera did a shot of the audience, where you can see hundreds of flashing lights. Then he started to sing the first verse as the camera returned to a face shot.

Do you know of that feeling?
The feeling of emptiness?
It starts from the heart.
And it cascades.

He closed his eyes as he sung gently. The screens behind him were shining a silvery colour, the camera did a far shot of him in the middle of the stage with the guitar and the people who were nearest to the stage. As a few more instruments started to go along with the tune, a few members of the crowd started to whistle.

There is nothing you can do,
Looking at your demons hide.
If only someone, like you,
Understood.

He opened his eyes, and the camera shot were on them. Meaning, viewers at home could only see his eyes. The chorus of the song was about to begin, he got up from the seat and walked towards the front of the stage.

Can't wash the pain away,
My guilt runs high.
Please catch me, when I fall.
Please hold me, when I fall.

A few blue strobe lights then went across the audience, the colour of the stage turned from a silver colour to a green colour now as the smoke machines were turned off. He started to walk up and down the stage slowly, oddly stopping to act as though he was singing to a particular member of the audience.

Look at me on the floor,
Paralysed, nothing more.
Crying out for someone to help me,
No one could see.

He then went back to the middle of the stage and placed his guitar on the seat. The camera shot was on the guitar as he fixed his head-piece. He then walked even more forward to the crowd, singing to them, then he looked at the camera as he acted along with the words that he was singing.

The pain runs hard.
Please hold me, when I fall.
Ooooh Oh oh Oh.
oh oh, ah oh.

He rolled his head around and took a deep breath in, he had his eyes closed again as the camera shot focussed on the thousands of lights still on, creating a star effect, and also very good for the next part of the song he was about to sing. Suddenly, all of the lights focused on him, plunging the arena in to absolute darkness, all they could see was him under the spotlight.

Woke up in dark tunnel.
I could see the bright light.
Luring me to the gates,
They've understood

Singing louder and now more to the audience, the lights then went across the whole stadium as raining fireworks lit the stage a magnificent orange colour.

The pain runs hard.
Console me, when I fall.
Will I fall? With you?
Last edited by Estogium on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

Volcanoc
Attaché

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanoc » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:54 pm

3. Volcanoc
pRiEsToLe ~ dO iT sLoW
Tune: Maraaya ~ Here For You

nUn oLe, 1 part of the group appears on stage with her microphone. Her husband pRiEsT oLe appears with his piano. 2 backing dancers, 1 male & 1 female appear on stage. The 2 backing dancers for this song are unusually backstage. The backing track starts, signalling the duo to start. nUn oLe starts singing slowly.

When we're in some world
And we don't know where to go
Love will fix the, problem
We just gotta dO iT sLoW, oh oh

The stage background goes from black to a black sky, representing one of the 'worlds' nUn oLe is talking about. Song continues, as nUn oLe starts singing at a much faster pace.

You came into the world
As I thought I would die.
But luckily love put us together at the right time.
We were gonna die... No runnin, walk or climb

The female backing dancer is dancing a traditional Volcanic dance, while the male is back flipping all over the stage nonstop.

We thought that it was time
Our coffins in that hole
But our love flew us up
It can happen to anyone...

The Volcanic fans raise cards that make up the Volcanic flag, as the chorus starts. Volcanic fans start dancing.

When we're in some world
And we don't know where to go
Love will fix the, problem
We just gotta dO iT sLoW, oh oh

The chorus continues.

Cause we go, go baby
To the eart-earth, where we see
Another, world
We gonna just tackle through this now.

The backing dancers pause. The screen turns all black. Blackout! The lights then go back on again. The song and backing track continue.

You came into the world
As I thought I would die.
But luckily love put us together at the right time.
We were gonna die... No runnin, walk or climb.

The screen turns into a white flame. The Volcanic flag slowly starts appearing in the middle of the screen. Song goes on, at a much faster pace again.

And know we're by each others side.
Rings on fingers, if none we'll die
Love will take us anywhere
Life in some hole, never knew this could take me here-here-here.

Song continues at slower pace again.

I thought at first we'd die
And now we're side by side.
I'm not waiting for my death time.

The backing dancers, backing singers, pRiEsT oLe, nUn oLe, everybody stops. nUn oLe sings the last line acapella.

When we're in some world...

The song receives a standing ovation from the audience. Everyone onstage, including the backing singers, come on stage to all bow. This was Volcanoc, the Religous dictatorship lead by the Holy Volcanoc, participating in their first WorldVision Song Contest. It was a resounding success, a favourite to win and a trampoline for Volcanoc's next artists to go well on, and also for the artists performing the song.
Last edited by Volcanoc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What is a place? Atlantis is a place.
Puppet of The Sword Bloke
Population: 4,846,955
Prime Minister: Priest Major Gulan
BoF 59 Quarter Finalist
5th Atlntis Football Cup Host

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Tatiana Agrafena won the Landa vy Polkopia by a margin of 40 points, coming in first place from the international juries, and second place in the domestic televotes. Agrafena's song has already placed in the Polkopian Top 20 Hits for the year, alongside other Worldvision entries this edition. Agrafena's song has been released in three different languages; Polkopian, English, and Russian, and more are to come. There are rumors that versions in Ekozian, Italian, and Pracib, though those versions are to be released after the contest.

Tatiana stood on stage now, wearing her dress. Her back was turned toward the camera. The stage was black, save for a single spotlight which shone on the Polkopian signer. Her eyes were closed, her golden mascara glowing on her olive-colored skin. The background screen was black as well, and it seemed to take an extra few seconds until the music started playing. At that point she turned around and smiled at the camera, beaming her pearly white teeth at the crowd. The screen lit up in patterns of glitter and moved around the background. Two male dancers came from each side of the stage until there were four total, and they stood on each side of Tatiana. The two men on the furthest left/right of Tatiana held a trumpet and kicked their legs up as the five members on stage marched forward. Each of the dancers wore different pink, yellow, blue, and red variations of the same outfit.

"Hey!" Tatiana shouted into the microphone as the beat picked up, each person on stage doing a series of shoulder movements followed by intense hip movements which looked as if though they were moves by a belly dancers, but with much more pace, as Tatiana and her dancers showed. She stepped forward one more time, her dancers behind her, immediately stopping at once as she began to sing while her dancers paused for a few seconds on their knees, looking up at her.

(Parenthesis indicate English translation)

Odessa, ya sidai odiodessa (Lonely, I'm sitting all alone)
Skarrat vokrul (Staring all around)
Ludaniy visida na-kros but vesie (The people always seem to have fun)
Tansniy ot tempo (Dancing to the beat)
dečal sa vante (Wild as the wind)

Tatiana turns, facing one set of dancers, her hip jutting out toward the crowd as she turns her head and faces the crowd, extending her arm as she does so. As she sings, she slowly moves her arm toward her body, before turning around once more in a full 180 turn, doing the same thing, facing the opposite way, though still looking at the crowd.

Apta ya auza, yasha muziku zač igra (Then I hear my music start to play)
I ya sime (And I feel)
Yasha paltsy zač ot shela, i yasha zač ot želna (My fingers begin to snap and my toes begin to tap)
I ya sime tempo (And I feel the rhythm)
Znural yash (Inside me)

Tatiana gives a wide-toothed laugh as she kicks one of her legs up and repeats the earlier dance routine that was in the opening instrumental with her dancers. The only difference now, was that she was singing as she danced.

Yasha dants, glemari yash effectya ti (My dance, watch me perform it)
Glemari ti og hey hey hey, i hey hey hey (Watch it go hey hey hey, and hey hey hey)
Yasha dants, urmavat slemita tas yash (My dance, follow along with me)
I og hey hey hey, og hey hey hey (And go hey hey hey, go hey hey hey)

Glemari ti og hey hey hey, i hey hey hey (Watch it go hey hey hey, and hey hey hey)

Woah...

The dancers all lined up behind Tatiana in a single-file line, leaning out toward her left, and then her right, and back again, before of them all backflipped one after the other to her left, as she looked at them and backed up a step after each one of them flipped.

Uneorais, canda yom simyam triste (Sometimes, when you're feeling down)
Tre yo šarbu (All you have to do)
Si vetrat i šoteza (Is get up and move)
Ti si ne kot težkil (It's not that hard)
Sleda yash fi yo bavna (Follow me if you get lost)
Ya gild yosh korski (I'll guide your steps)

Tatiana grinned as she sang, dancing along to her vocals. She sang the movements that her and her dancers would dance to.

Dertina, ambo fo yosh roki pu (Hold both of your hands out)
Vza on etap verenda (Take one step forward)
I škari (And jump)

Zdum vza yosh tovar (Now take your partner)
Roti vokoli aha (Spin around them)
I škari v akha ruži (And leap into their arms)
Tak asa (Like this)

Two more men emerge from the back of the stage, blaring trumpets, wearing a similar getup as the other men on the stage. They hang back, kicking and marching in place, while the other five people on stage dance, Tatiana still the only one singing.

While the two men on the edge of the stage continued to play their horns, Tatiana and the four male backup dancers jumped in place, clapping above their heads in unison, getting the crowd to clap along with them. "Are you ready, Quickenden?" Tatiana shouted into the microphone. Then fireworks spurted along the perimeter of the stage, but only for a second, right as Tatiana began singing again. Spotlights moved all around the stage, rapidly, as Tatiana and her dancers continued to dance.

Woah...

"Thank you!" Tatiana shouted, before bowing. The dancers all took turns bowing as well, before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Polkopia on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:15 pm

5. San Llera

San Llera's entry to this WorldVision Song Contest will be singer FourSquare performing "Quarantine"

FourSquare is sitting at the center of a dimly lit stage. There is no chair, he's just sitting on the floor. There are dark figures in the background.

I wanted you by my side
But what I didn't know then
Was that for all that time
You were slowly killing me
I hope go far away and die
I thought you wouldn't betray
I hope you go far away and die
Far away from me

As he is about to do the chorus, the figures in the back come forward. They turn out to be guys in HAZ-MAT suits.

Quarantine
That is where you do belong
End your path of destruction
And your wake of sadness
You shouldn't be
Near huma-a-anity
Quarantine
You are poison (x2)

The guys in HAZ-MAT suits start doing interpretive dance.

You've caused eternal winter for me
The sun hasn't shined in so long
I hope you're launched into the sun
And feel the pain you caused on me
Your disease took over my mind
So I was blinded to the truth
I wanted you by my side
But now I see it so clear

The dancing becomes more intense and angry. FourSquare finally stands up.

Quarantine
And your wake of sadness
You shouldn't be
Near huma-a-anity
Quarantine
You are poison (x2)

You are poison

The HAZ-MAT suit guays are now jumping around stage and punching the air.

Quarantine
And your wake of sadness
You shouldn't be
Near huma-a-anity
Quarantine
You are poison (x2)

You are poison

Finally, the song ends. All the guys in HAZ-MAT suits freeze, and they stay there for several minutes before being escorted off stage.
Last edited by San Llera on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Just Give Me a Reason-James Robertson
to the tune of Open Season by Josef Salvat

The road to Quickenden was a long one. The revamped national final was hotly contested, with Robertson beating the popular girl group Vibrata by less than 1000 votes. Soon after, the nation sent another bid, one that showed more promise than their previous efforts. After losing by 2 votes, a frustrated public began to protest, to the confusion of the foreign media. This has turned the contest into a sensationalized story, with more coverage for (mostly) the wrong reasons.

The performance began with the camera fading in to show James in front of a screen that displayed circles moving in-and-out to the beat of the music, creating a sort of 3D effect. His face was not clearly seen; the viewer could only see a silhouette of a man. His voice was muted and held back, but not mumbling.

I thought that you were the one;
my heart was set and my troubles gone.
I was falling for you
never looking down

Thought you were better than this
I thought that nothing else stood in the way.
Seeing I was wrong;
now who can I
trust

The lights began to kick in as the camera zoomed into a tight shot of his face. James was now singing into the camera, which stayed on him, even as his eyes closed, sweat dripped and lips twitched. As the verses went on, the camera zoomed back out slowly until the chorus.

Now I'm alone in this empty bedroom
thinking that if you ever come back soon
It'll be alright
It will all be alright

And I know this is a ship that's only sinking
but I can't help from thinking
of what I could've done
Look at what you have done

So just give me a reason
all I ask, it's all I need now
tell me if he loved you better
than I ever could.

Leave me broken and battered
s'clear that to you, I never mattered
so let me go, out this home
maybe I'm better
off alone

The stage now had a flash of light like so come over it as the camera zoomed in quicky to a full-body shot of James at the microphone stand.

There's nothing I can do
And you'll go off and find someone new
You're leaving me broken,
leaving me broken
There's nothing I can do
It's not like I meant anything to you
leaving me broken,
and there's nothing I can do

There was now again a closeup of James, with projections offstage displayed small lights on and around James' face and body. There were also occasional light twinkles. The camera never moved further than what is shown; during this time, James was walking to the end of the runway.

Now city lights have come to blind me
and I'm leaving the past behind me
but I see you in every corner of this cursed concrete jungle
Am I going insane?
Am I craving something I can't have
I crave it all
all of you

James was not at the end of the runway, standing wooden at the end of the runway. He wore an basic black outfit which, by projections, displayed "broken" in various languages, "glitching" between each one. The camera circled around him, then across the arena during the final chorus.

So just give me a reason
all I ask, it's all I need now
tell me if he loved you better
than I ever could.

Leave me broken and battered
s'clear that to you, I never mattered
so let me go, out this home
maybe I'm better
off alone

During this final chorus, the lights rolled up and became a brilliant white, and James started swaying as he sung.

There's nothing I can do
leaving me broken
There's nothing I can do
leaving me broken,
and there's nothing I can do

There's nothing I can do
leaving me broken
There's nothing I can do
leaving me broken,
there's nothing I can do

The final shot was a tight closeup of James (only from his hair to shoulders) staring longlingly into the camera for a couple seconds, then switching to the cheering crowd.
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:19 pm

7. Ekoz
Tune

Idonia, 23 is on a circular podium wearing a black ripped flowing dress. A hooded choir of male singers are in a semi-circular position behind Idonia.

Oh-ohhhhhh, Ohhh, Oh OH oH.x2

As Idonia starts the first verse, the camera pans directly onto Idonia's face. She is wearing red and orange eye-makeup. As she starts to sing, her eyes are focused onto the camera lense, looking directly at the screen.

There's a burning inside,
Ever-growing desire,
It need to be free,
It's becoming me.

As I open my eyes,
I look up to the sky,
Darkness is looming over,
This is the end

As the second stanza begins, the camera pans around the audience and then back onto Idonia. The choir of hooded main cannot be seen. The drummers are banging on drums at either side of the stage, hooded and robed also. As the final "Leave now" line is sung, the stage begins to light up in red/yellow/orange lights and the camera pans out giving the audience full view of the stage.

It's the end, it's the end, it's the end here, no guarantee that you will be free
No escape, no escape, no escape here, your souls plagued eternally.
Time to go, time to go time to go now, don't worry, feel no pain
Because the flame, it will spread, no soul remaining undead,

Leave, now, the universe; a hell is on it's way
Leave, now, the universe, a hell that's here to stay

Leave, now, the universe; a hell is on it's way
Leave, now, the universe, a hell that's here to stay

As the chorus starts and the camera showing the full stage, the podium in which Idonia is stood on alights in flames. Idonia is stood with a circular flame around her.

This fire,
Shall rise,
Will rise,
Ever-more.

This flame
Untamed
Engrained
To your soul

This fire will rise

The camera pans around Idonia and then focuses on the hooded/robed male choir. Only their mouths can be seen underneath the hood. Their choral chant behind Idonia's vocals are shown.

The fire, the fire fire, the fire, the fire,
Will rise, will rise, will Rise, will rise,

The fire, the fire, the fire, the fire,

The camera pans to the side of Idonia, showing both her and the male drummer banging the drum with sticks. The camera then pans to the centre of the stage putting Idonia in as the focus. The lighting of the stage goes back to being dark, with a spotlight on Idonia.

Devil's call, Devil's call, Devil's call sounds out, life will never be the same,
He will get, he will get, he will get you, the fury of his flame
Devil's call, Devil's call, Devil's call sounds out, life will never be the same
This is the end, a fiery end, an ill-fated fiery end.

This, now, the universe; a hell has made it's way
This, now, the universe, a hell that's here to stay

Once again, as the chorus starts, the circular fire around Idonia alights. Individual flames alight around the stage adding more light and fire to the performance. The camera pans around the stadium where a spark is lit around the rim of the stadium. The crowd and be heard clapping and cheering.

This fire,
Shall rise,
Will rise,
Ever-more.

This flame
Untamed
Engrained
To your soul

This fire will rise

The camera pans centre stage and pans out showing Idonia and the male choir. A pyrotechnic shower falls at the back of the stage. The individual flames alight as well as the circular flame around Idonia for the final part of the chorus.

The fire, the fire fire, the fire, the fire,

The fire, the fire, the fire, the fire,

As Idonia finished the final "will rise", her circular flame fades out. Each individual flame fizzles out to the beat of the music. After the final beat, only Idonia is visible with a red spotlight on her. She looks up to the camera, only parts of her face visible in silence for around 3 seconds, then the light quickly turns off.
Last edited by Ekoz on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:19 pm

In the Greenroom

Mini: And we round of the first seven nations right there. Thanks Ekoz for finishing that, and well done to those who has performed so far, it is looking amazing, and dare I say it, a threat for the host. We join Tess Philipa in the greenroom to interview our act, who are we interviewing Tess?

Tess: Well, in the Greenroom I am Interviewing Koraljka Franic from Izmedu! So, Koraljka, how do you feel? I know myself that's a stupid question, but explain to the Britonish Audience how you feel?

Koraljka: Hello Tess! I'm feeling a whole of mix emotions right now... I feel nervous and great at the same time. Nervous because this is the first real crowd I've ever performed to. I secured a couple of gigs when I got myself to be famous enough, but a crowd like this? For someone like me who's used to singing for videos? It's a definite change... I also feel great as well, being here, representing my country. I'm... I... It's just great. I know I'm a mess of emotions but I'm just glad to be here.

Tess: How do you feel about performing in Britonisea? What do you expect from the crowd?

Koraljka: I heard splendid things about Britonisea when I got selected, so I was excited to come here. It is certainly an amazing country, even moreso the first time I stepped foot onto Quickenden, so it feels very good to be performing here. To the second part, I know you've all voted for us a few times, but RTI, my nation's channel, often warns us that crowd reception to us isn't exactly the strongest so I was just hoping for a good cheer, a couple woops from the few Izmeduans in the crowd. But that strong response? I did not expect that at all, I wanted to ugly cry in happiness a little bit on stage haha. It really was touching to hear it and just... Thank you so much.

Tess: I am not being a jinx, however, If I told you that Britonisea pre-voted you as 3rd place for this song contest, would you believe me?

Koraljka: Wow... That's... It's an absolute honor to hear that, that my song is good enough to be in the podium, especially from the hosts. Now I'm not 100% sure about believing, as we Izmeduans tend to pull too much hope from pre-show stuff and have it end not-so-well, but I hope it pans out in the voting later on. Hearing that has given me a greater confidence that 'Memory' did reach out and resonate with an audience, and hopefully I can strengthen that with the performance later on.

Tess: Any main rivals?

Koraljka: Main rivals... Hmm... The Normand song is in the same style as mine and it is a very beautiful song. Automatically downloading the song for sure, and I wouldn't be surprised if my home country is going crazy for it right now. It may be the closest thing to a rival as we perform right after them, but I personally don't consider them rivals and wish Marié the best of luck. Electrum's song also scared the delegation, and I vividly remember seeing Izmeduan social media having a meltdown when 'It Had To Be' was revealed, and it just immediately topped all the fan polls and generated a lot of hype. Rivals? I don't think so, and I also wish Jane & Tim well.

Tess: Thanks Koraljka, we will look be looking forward to you performing 20th tonight!

Koraljka: Thank you for interviewing me, it means a lot. As we say back in Izmedu, hopefully I don't butcher it, Hvala lipa Britonsija! [Thank you very much Britonisea!]

Mini: Alright! Thanks Koraljka and Tess! Well there is definitely more to come, we are not even half way there yet, so take your seats, get a cuppa, stuff your cakes and get ready for Act Number Eight, it is Talvezout, whoo!

Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm

08 - T A L V E Z O U T
Nina Alexandrian - Nattúra

The song is from the POV of nature, Mother Nature that is. She's taking her revenge in the song due to her being mistreated after years and years; however, the song is ambitious enough so that the nattúra in the title can also refer to human nature - that is, the protagonist of the song snapping or dealing his/her revenge on someone who has constantly wronged them.

The stage is dark in preparation for the song. Nina is kneeling onstage, wearing a loose-fitting, billowy black outfit. Behind her, a white bunched-up cloth is laying down. As she sings, Nina gradually gets up, until she is standing.

Everything thing that you throw
I've been able to take
All that you lead and fooled
And yet you still deceive

Nina begins to slowly move in her position, with a wind blowing the many fabrics and rags attached to her outfit.

I never thought that I would need
I would need to do this
But you are done, I've had enough

She takes a step forward as the white cloth behind her rises; it's a dancer dressed identically to her, except in white. Still dancing, both Nina and the dancer perform the same moves, reflected or complementing each other.

And you tried to leave but now you're lost
And now you can't break away
And I've made up my mind
And now I'm refusing you!
(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy)
Now I'm refusing you!
(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy)

More dancers, this time concealed in the darkness, emerge. They all lift up Nina; while she is held up she continues her arm movements.

It was me for you, you for me
Now it seems so hopeless now
And yet slowly, it came to be
The damage of it all

The dancers put down Nina, and get behind her; they continue following her movements from earlier while Nina is walking towards the audience, with her looking as if she was searching for someone.

I'd never thought that you were as reckless
You've killed and then you've damaged
But push me back, I return

The dancers flip back into the darkness, while Nina's copying dancer turns to her. Performing an exact mirror of Nina's moves, the white dancer slowly gets closer to her.

Now you could have left but how
You've caused it all now
And so I've made up my mind
And now we're refusing us!
(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy)
And now we're refusing us!
(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy)

At this point, the white dancer wraps her arms around Nina, who seemingly holds on to them; the other dancers slowly return to the stage. While this is all happening, the lights inside the stadium slowly begin to come on.

(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy, eyyy ooohhh)

At this point, the white dancer immediately steps away from Nina, who gets lifted up into the air thanks to a harness that the white dancer put in her. While she's in the air, the other dancers converge underneath Nina, with them lifting up the white dancer to almost Nina.

But you could have left with your loss!
So now you can't break away
I don't care what you say
You've always been refusing me!
(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy)
Always refusing me!
(Hey, yeah eyyy eyyy)

As Nina gets lowered down below along with the white dancer, she is caught by the other dancers, who lay her gently down on the floor as the song ends.

(Ooh, ooh, ooh)

Getting up, Nina and her crew thank the audience before leaving the stage.

Thank you Quickenden! Graÿië Quvićië!
Last edited by Talvezout on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Esta Lloviendo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Esta Lloviendo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:22 pm

09 - ESTA LLOVIENDO
ISOBELLA BACHELOR - WANDERING

The song was written by Laura as a sort of pep song to Isobella, who was suffering from depression after the death of her best friend. The wandering in the song refers to Isobella's touring, and the arguing voice the conscience.

Bold - Isobella
Italicized - Laura

The pictured image is the single cover to Wandering.

Isobella and Laura are both standing onstage; the main spotlight is on Isobella. With them is a small string group, and a drummer.

You've been searching
You've been looking
You've been given a world
You have to find it

Laura, who was standing in the dark, is illuminated by a spotlight as she sings.

Maybe it won't be perfect
And yet I already know
Maybe it will be great
And you already know

Just wander around
It's all around you
Wandering your world
All around you

With both of them singing together, several spotlights surround them and the musicians, forming a sort of light cage.

(You've been given a world)
Your too afraid to do it
Your life is crumbling
Your mind is all shut
And maybe you've been wandering

At the final part of the song, the spotlights move out from the musicians to the audience, with the LEDs and lights onstage also shining on in a light blue.

Wandering a lost world
Wandering a world
Wandering a scary world
Wandering a world
Wandering your world

As the song fades out, the spotlights on Isobella and Laura also fade out. At the end of the song, both the musicians and Laura and Isobella are standing center stage, before leaving the stage.

Thank you so much! ¡Gracias Inglamar!
Last edited by Esta Lloviendo on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Puppet of Talvezout.

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:30 pm

10 - Nekoni
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Rotia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotia » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:39 pm

11 ~ Rotia
MIA | Heads
Mia, or Margaret Mia Ilic, was born in Bihovo in 1995, and she's already released 3 albums. She debuted when she was 17 with an album named after herself, which wasn't at all really recognized as it was published under an indie label. She then studied abroad for a year to learn music and was discovered by a bigger label, GT. She released her 2nd album, Inevitable under the before-mentioned label, and reached the top 10 in Rotia. She then toured the Region and then signed up for the RMGP. She landed 2nd place. After the RMGP she released her 3rd and newest album, Oblivion. She was then notified that ADRIJANA had withdrawn and that she'll represent Rotia. She was said to have cried for a long 30 minutes of joy after she accepted.

italics mean that only the backing vocals are singing

Everything was pitch black in the start, but after the first line (the 'booh' sound at 00:03 to be exact) everything was absolutely white (the LED screen and the stage itself.) To reveal that she was wearing a white tennis outfit. She starts almost at the back of the stage, and walks slowly towards the audience. She sounds pretty chill, since she's a professional, she definitely knows what she's doing.

In the end everything will end up dead
The truth is harsh but you know I’m right
We both know it’s inevitable
So try me out before it goes down

4 other backing vocals, dressed exactly like her, walk towards her, 2 from the left, 2 from the right, and then with her when they were almost next to her.

I had my hopes set way too high
My head was in the clouds
Heads will end up rolling down

The backing vocals move to the side to make room for 2 drummers that walk on both her sides.

You said you loved it when I looked all natural
You said you wanted it, but in the end
you’re just a fragile weak man, you’re so weak

The 4 backing vocals lift her up, making it look like she's sitting on a throne. She sounds very confident.

If you’d listen you would know just what I want
I want respect not petty gifts
I want to be treated like a queen
If you won’t obey
I’ll throw you in my dungeon
The last thing you’ll see is my guillotine

They let her down, and then make a horizontal line, facing the audience. They were pretty chill, but they sounded really professional

You had your hopes set way too high
Your head was in the clouds
Your head will end up rolling down

The drummers are back, the backing vocals take kind of steps (idk how to describe it, like lifting your foot to the back of the uppert part of your leg, one foot at a time, at medium speed).

I want the pleasure of seeing you go down
You would do anything, that’s what you said
but we both know that’s just white lies, to end up in a place like this
You think it’s sick but you did sign up for this shit
You think I’m psychotic, but I got the mindset
of a very average girl, so average

Everything turns pitch black.

Everyone was happier
A world where no one had a choice

Then when she starts to sing, The lights are all on her. She's sitting on the steps. As she sings, the backing vocals go her direction and then sit next or facing her back.

In the end, we’ll be one of them
all that’s left is oblivion
I want to try, for a little bit
To feel the way that I should feel, to be caressed, to be held up
Just feeling like a young girl feels, being in love with the town sweetheart
Instead of stabbing him in the chest

Again everything turns pitch black

Everyone was happier
A world where no one had a choice
But what she didn’t want to know
To love someone, you need a soul

Now she's lying, above the steps. The backing vocalists were sitting with her.

Our hopes were set way too high
Our heads were in the clouds
Our heads will roll down
Last edited by Rotia on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Rotia // Savezna Republika Zlotia
Icelandic, 16 year old, Asexual and a huge dork.
Support: Capitalism, Equality, Internet Neutrality, Israel, US, Japan, Nato
Against: Communism, Socialism, Radical Feminism, Tumblr, Palestine, The Middle East, Scandinavia, Religion.
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
WV39 - Jovanka Kopanja - Drug // 28th - 42 Points
WV40 - Drent X Jalina Provani - Spremiti // TBA
ISideWith

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:57 pm

12- Dreamplanet:
Singer: Anna Resende
Song: City Girl
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znXbWEfWKXo

Anna walks in after the last performer, she is looking quite nervous but she doesn't worry, she's already had the rehearsals and it went quite well, but to represent Dreamplanet in their 4th entry was quite a big deal.

As the stage faded to dark, the song began.
After 30 seconds of waiting during the music, the lights suddently went bright in white and red strobe lights.
but shortly after calm down with a little yellow light every now and then.
0:31
Oh what have you done?
You've quite messed up.
And now i'm away.
0:39
And now i'm away-
To the city i go,
I don't think that i will stay,
I'll go to the city where i was,
where i was.
0:54
And that you were never for me
i still chose you
but now i see.
1:07
That you're not right for me,
and that i have to go...

the red and white strobe lights go off again.
1:11
Now i'm off away.
I'm not gonna stay,
i'm off now.
And i'm not gonna turn my back.
When i become,
a city girl!
1:31
Bye-bye-bye now,
bye-bye-bye now!
City-city-city girl,
city-city-city girl!
1:53
I won't put up with it
no more of that...
I'm going away from you
i'm sick of it...
But when you treated me wrong
i needed to leave.
As i go to the city lights that burn so bright,
it is time for me to leave.
And that you were never for me
i still chose you
but now i see.
That you're not right for me,
and that i have to go...
2:28
Now i'm off away.
I'm not gonna stay,
i'm off now.
When i become,
a city girl!
2:49
Bye-bye-bye now,
bye-bye-bye now!
City-city-city girl,
city-city-city girl!
3:09
Don't even bother
it's too late,
for you to change.

You'll do the same
empty promises i won't stand.
I'll go away, to the city.
Where i was...

3:28
Now i'm off away.
I'm not gonna stay,
i'm off now.
When i become,
a city girl!
3:48
Bye-bye-bye now,
bye-bye-bye now!
City-city-city girl,
city-city-city girl!
4:06
Now i'm off away.
I'm not gonna stay,
i'm off now.
When i become,
a city girl!
As i've gone away.
You must rethink,
what you've done
was not good.
Now i'm off away.
I'm not gonna stay,
i'm off now...
City girl...

As the song ends she walks out to make way for the next act, cheers go up, but only from Dreamplanet's spectators, everyone else just wondered who's next and completely ignored the song except for some.

TL;DR: I lost a challenge on who would decide what the song is about.

As i am in Portugal at the time i wrote this song, my sister walked in and she saw that i was signing up for WV41.
She wanted to be in the song contest as her own nation, (Which might join WorldVision some day.) i explained that she couldn't because the signups were over, so she wanted to take over and do it as me, i refused, and after about 15 minutes of debating on what to settle it with, we went to some Playstation Move games, after a while, i lost and she got to choose the song, the lyrics and the name of the song, and the rest is history.
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:10 pm

13 MISTER X

David Lewis - "I Need You (Right Now)".
Tune: Kylie Minogue - "Your Disco Needs You"
(album arrangement).

David Lewis won the Mister Xian "Find Me A Model" competition in 2014. He then won a supermarket contract thanks to his legs: he had to go around, opening them all day. Whilst he went round, opening them left, right, and centre, he would sing previous Mister Xian WorldVision tunes to himself, and when one producer saw his vocal talents, he knew he had to sign him up for a record deal.

David, however, was not convinced by his singing talents, and declared that "I put the S in "hit", you know". However, the producer disagreed, and after hearing himself back on his first single, "Undergo", he finally agreed that his future was no longer with the supermarket chain.

"How", thought David, "am I performing at WorldVision for Mister X?" This is where it all began, for him. Humming "Don't You Know?" has got him to fulfil his dream, to sing at WorldVision for Mister X.

David stands on the stage in pitch black, before all the lights suddenly burst on during the first note, as the backing singers, who aren't on stage, sing the backing lines:

(I need you!)
(I need you!)
(I need you!)
(Right now!)

David then joins in with the backing singers.

I need you!
I need you!
I need you!
Right now!

The lights go down to a medium level of intensity, and shirtless, male, muscular backing dancers, who are wearing white trainers and sparkly, light blue, tight trousers come on to the stage as David moves around the stage, drumming up interest from the audience.

There's someone that I need
And he's the man for me,
His eyes are beautiful and
I need him right now.

David returns to the centre of the stage, and the backing dancers finally stop coming onto the stage. Everyone stands still for the next two lines as David looks straight ahead, not blinking, desperate for the man he wants to hear him.

And if you hear me right now,
Won't you come and find me now?

David then begins to dance in tandem with the backing dancers, as the backing singers file on to the back of the stage behind the dancers, and the lights start strobing from pink to blue, but not too quickly.

So let's...

Fly away up here
And we'll be together here.

Don't you go, I need you for all my life,

Don't give me any strife!

The lights stop strobing, settling on a "clear", natural setting. Everyone stops dancing, as the backing singers sing the chorus. The dancers and David are dead still, almost trance-like.

(I need you!)
(I need you!)
(I need you!)
(Right now!)

David then joins in with the backing singers.

I need you!
I need you!
I need you!
Right now!

The dancers split into two-groups, and face each other on the stage. One group, on stage right, has David at the front of it. It looks almost like a traditional Parliament, with two groups facing each other.

The group on the right sing with the singers:

I've got big muscles, me.

David sings now, whilst his group are making a "whatever" hand gesture:

But that's so see-through (see through):
Want to check you out for myself:
I need you right now!

The groups now face towards the front of the stage and the gap between them is reduced, so they now look like one group again. They stand dead still as David sings the next two lines by himself.

Never seen you ever before,
But I'll know that I am sure!

David then, again, dances in tandem with the backing dancers, and the lights start strobing as they did before.

So let's...

Fly away up here

I'm your slave and I won't kill you with a knife:

The dancers stop and the lights settle on pink. David and the singers then vocalise as the dancers lift him up and carry him, flat out, facing upwards, around the stage. David is then dropped down from the dancers' metaphorical chariot, and then paces around the stage, calling out to the audience:

qui tibi proxime,
tornare et te amplectare,
ut admonetur,
numquam solus vos!

As the audience carry out his instructions, the dancers and David start dancing once more until the end of the song, and the lights flash from pink to blue once more:

So let's...

Fly away up here

Don't you go, I need you for all my life,

(I need you!)
(I need you!)
(I need you!)
(Right now!)

I need you!
I need you!
I need you!
Right now!

I need you!
I need you!
I need you!
Right now!

I need you!
I need you!
I need you!
Right...
Now!

The lights shine a flash of white light to mark the final chord, and David poses by punching the air with one fist, and the audience go wild. "Thank you", says a somewhat humbled David Lewis, and the lights turn into black once more.
Last edited by Mister X on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 pm

KWADAI WORLDVISION 41

Zara

Artist: Zara
Song Title: Labyrinth
Melody: Conchita Wurst - Firestorm

The stage resembled a giant brick wall, dark, grey and rather gloomy looking, on front Zara walked out onto the stage, she was dressed in a loose grey robe like outfit.

Can you hear them calling?
Through the shadows
All signs of light are falling
Into the walls

Now here
Here in this jungle
Jungle of walls and secrets
And I can't see the end

Now the stage looked very much as if it was being navigated through a maze of dark grey brick walls.

I'm here in this labyrinth
And all that I need is the key
And now that I'm in there's no way out
Find me n-o-o-w-w before the walls crumble

Before I just crumble
Before I just crumble

The walls are closing in
I'm getting trapped inside
An endless maze of walls
Don't let me drift away

Now here
Here in this jungle
Jungle of walls and secrets
And I can't see the end

Before I just crumble
Before I just crumble
Before I just crumble

Find me now before the walls crumble
The walls crumble
The walls crumble
The walls crumble

"Thank you all! Thank you WorldVision!", she called out, much to cheering from KwaDaian fans.
Last edited by Kwadai on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 pm

15 - Free Republics
Stand With Sibylla, Performed by Zachary Phaneuf-Croteau
Tune: This execrable pro-Hillary song (Apparently, Hillary's erased it from Youtube, but she's every bit as bad at erasing awful campaign ads as she is at erasing her emails :p )

Zachary Phaneuf-Croteau

Sibylla Croteau was not the conventional candidate for Consul. Indeed, she had run for the position 7 years prior and had been defeated. Now that the Holy Republican Empire had fallen, however, she had decided to run for the highest office in the Free Republics once again and, in an unconventional move, purchased the right to perform at WorldVision from Nicholls Enterprises, knowing that the song would be broadcast to a national television audience and talked about on all of the 24-7 news networks for weeks.

Ms. Croteau, an elderly grey-haired woman in a pantsuit, walked onto the WorldVision stage to perform the disclosure mandated by the Federation Electoral Regulatory Bureaucracy (FERB) for all political advertising. She grabbed a microphone and uttered these well-rehearsed words:

Sibylla Croteau wrote:I'm Sibylla Croteau, Nominee of the Progressive Party for Consul of the Free Republics, and I approved the following paid political advertisement.

Sibylla left the stage and her husband of many years, Zachary Phaneuf-Croteau, walked onto the stage after her. Zachary was the stereotypical grey-haired Progressive college professor. Zachary would do absolutely anything his wife asked him to do. Indeed, that's the only reason why he was able to stay married to a radical Progressive politician for so many years! Since Sibylla didn't trust anybody else to sing the sing she had written and paid for at WorldVision, she chose her husband to do the honors.

Zachary was followed to the stage by 10 college students wearing Sibylla for Consul shirts, 5 male and 5 female though none of them conformed to conventional gender roles or to conventional standards of beauty. Indeed, these (generally) overweight, (generally) tattooed, (generally) gender non-conforming, (generally) dyed-haired college students looked like the stereotypical radical Progressives that you'd run into on any Republican college campus. Rather than going into a monologue, Zachary decided to let his song do the speaking for him. He began singing, badly, very badly...

Lookin' back in time, learnin' from our mistakes
We turned to a mad man
A moment of deep regret
But now its a new era and this time I'm a thinkin'
Guys pick up your hammers and let's bring the glass ceiling down!

The 10 college students provided the backdrop to the performance, doing their best impersonation of an Army unit. As Professor Phaneuf-Croteau began singing about hammers and the glass ceiling, a glass table with 10 hammers sitting on top of it was lowered down from the ceiling. They grabbed the hammers and smashed it, in unison, as their favorite Professor finished the first verse of his song.

I've been thinkin' about one great lady like the woman in my life
She's a mother, a daughter, and through it all, she's a lovin' wife
Oh, there is something about her, this great lady, caring, hard-working and a true leader
She fights for country and our families, now it's time for us to stand
With Sibylla
Sibylla!
Stand
With Sibylla

Suddenly, the college students left the stage and the focus went to the screen, which showed pictures of Sibylla Croteau with her family. Then, as the lyrics changed, the emphasis changed to pictures of Sibylla standing by the Republican flag and eventually to pictures of Sibylla standing by the Republican flag with the words "Stand With Sibylla" as a caption.

It doesn't matter where you're livin' in this great land
'Cuz our Future is at stake
And there's a New Path that needs to be laid
We need a leader who is tough and ready
Who's got a vision
For our great Federation
and that's Sibylla!

Now, they began showing pictures of many famous Republican landmarks on the screen followed by an image of a school full of children and a picture of the cover of Sibylla's book New Path before returning to pictures of Sibylla once again.

I've been thinkin' about one great lady like the woman in my life
She's a mother, a daughter, and through it all, she's a lovin' wife
Oh, there is something about her, this great lady, caring, hard-working and a true leader
She fights for country and our families, now it's time for us to stand
With Sibylla
Sibylla!
Stand
With Sibylla

The final verse was a return to the chorus from before, with the very same images that were shown the first time. The only difference was that Sibylla and her family walked onto the stage, standing in the background behind her husband as he sang these final words. Following the conclusion of his song, he joined his family, standing by his wife's side as they walked off the stage together...
Last edited by Free Republics on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:51 pm

In the Greenroom

Mini: Thanks to Free Republics there who finished the second part of the 41st WorldVision Song Contest. It has been a very good night tonight and we are already getting emails, and messages on social media about each nation. We have a poll up, and also we have a rate that nation app. *Holds out the phone* This is the WorldVision App where you can call and text to vote. You are also to directly vote online, however costs may apply based on the country you are at. Tonight we have more fun and games, and we have a very explosive song coming up.

Jonaton: On Social Media, Kally123 says "O-M-G KasKor got me ride in the mood! I have stopped twerking since your song was on, 14 songs ago!", ChriSTOPer412 says "Seriously! The BVC Commentators should really lighten up, every act is amazing tonight" and finally, GeORge989 says "Let the Contest move on! I am excited to vote every nation today!" Well, George, I hope you have a lot of money, as you will be paying a great fortune for that.

Mini: Wait, no! Britonish Viewers get a special treat this time around. Actually, no. Everyone gets a special treat. *Taps her phone* If you have the app, you can vote ONCE on it for free! *Audience applauds* Yo, Tess? Do you have anyone for us?

Tess: The room is buzzing with amazing talents, and before we go to The Sword Bloke *Camera on TSB Participants* we need to quickly interview Electrum! Hello, You guys are performing 18th tonight, which is very soon. How do you feel and do you think you'll do well? Tell me about it.

Jane Baker: Well, it's a bit nerve wracking isn't it? I haven't really performed to such a large audience too. Do you want to answer the second part of the question?

Tim Symons: Yeah sure, well, we've practised our lines, got our harmonies on point and she's really perfect her little yells between the verses. I think we'll do well. We have a very dramatic song, and we want people to open their eyes and think, and maybe even vote for us. Electrum is known for choosing different genres each edition, and it's nice to see a diversity in our songs from disco, to rap and now this.

Tess: May I ask, there was a bit of controversy, and I apologise for the Tennis Ball thing, but why do you think Tennis Balls were thrown at you?

Tim Symons: Well, we haven't performed yet --

Jane Baker: We've heard rumours. To be honest, we don't really mind. We're not really tennis fans, we're just singers looking to have fun.

Tim Symons: Plus our set is pretty much like a musical stage so it wouldn't really interrupt us a lot. We do have a lot of props on stage.

Tess: Okay, when you're on stage, how do you deal with nerves?

Tim Symons: I don't get as nervous as Jane on stage, so she can answer that one.

Jane Baker: Well, take a deep breath and forget about everything I suppose. I remember the old adage saying that 'to pretend everyone is wearing underwear', but quite frankly that's just distracting

Tim Symons: Not to mention disgusting. Don't even know why they give that advice out.

Tess: *laughs* Is there any main competitors that you need to watch out for?

Jane Baker: Not really, I don't focus on the other singers, it's all about our performance

Tim Symons: Yeah, I've just zoned out completely. I don't want to ruin my experience of each song before hand, I prefer to see it live on stage.

Tess: And finally, how do you feel about performing in Britonisea?

Jane Baker: Really great hospitality, and friendly people, if not odd.

Tim Symons: A stage is a stage, no matter where it is, I am happy to perform.

Tess: Thanks to the Electrumite Pair, Great contest so far, up next is act number 16, The Sword Bloke.

Last edited by Britonisea on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

16. The Sword Bloke
Shop Owner, Maxky & Marcus Melton
Tick Tock Tonight
Tune: Rhythm Inside ~ Loic Nottet

The trio appear onstage. Shop Owner & Maxky Melton are next to eachother, while Marcus Melton is DJing in his station towards the back of the station. 3 backing singers, dressed in suit and tie, appear with the three. The background shows a ticking time bomb. The start of the song is signalled with a bang on the background. Song and backing track start.

Note: Both singers sing at same time.
(): Backing Singers

No-oh-body knows, what will happen
Years of architecture, forgotten
A little 9 carat, time bomb
Move it to the left now to the right, and explode in ti-i-i-ime!

The house will be blown down, with cover.
My world will be broken, my lovers
I can't believe what, will happen
The bomb just goes tick Tock, goes tick Tock, the bomb'll stop to tick Tock tonight!

1 backing singer lies on the ground. One goes onto the mini house on the stage and collects gold paint, which he sprays on everybody onstage, before spraying some in the audience. The lying backing dancer stays still until the chorus starts, in which he double backflips up to start the chorus.

And if the bomb's, in your face
(In the skies) What do you have to show (to get in)
The end of your days, might be near
Help us stop it or your life is gone
You may want, a piece (of it)
Your house, which will be gone-ski
Because of a Cosmic split, a second or none
Now the bomb explodes your love

The 3 backing dancers backflip onto the ground, so they can lie down. The background goes from yellow & black 404 lines to a black starry night. The 3 backing singers are holding torches, lighting up the stage. Song comes back on.

Your love future lies, in this bomb
All those who you kissed, exploded
Do you want a spouse, or never
The bomb just goes tick Tock, goes tick Tock, the bomb'll stop to tick Tock tonight!

The backing singers backflip back up. Maxky Melton then does something utterly amazing; He enters the crowd from the stage, patting 5 fans on the head; A Gregoryisgodistani fan, a Missus Xian fan, an Electrum Diplomatic Offices fan, a Mister Xian fan & a Kasanovakoratica fan, representing the nation's who most often give The Sword Bloke points. The song continues while he enters the crowd.

And is the bomb's in your face
(In the skies) What do you have to show (To get in)
The end of your days, might be near
Help us stop it, or your life is gone
Your house which will be gone-ski
Because of a cosmic split, a second or none
Now the bomb explodes your love!

Marcus Melton then does the odd and climbs up the stage's scaffolding, pole dancing from a pole.
The 5 humans left on stage start clapping for him, which the audience does. The bridge starts.

The bomb just goes tick Tock, goes tick Tock
The bomb'll stop to tick Tock tonight

THE BOMB JUST GOES TICK TOCK (AND IT) GOES TICK TOCK!
THE BOMB'LL STOP TO TICK TOCK TONIGHT!

Shop Owner now runs into the Swordean crowd, being lifted onto the shoulders of 2 fans. He then jumps off them and belly flops into the giant Swordean woopee cushion, making a huge fart noise. Amazed by the noise, another few hundred people line up to jump in the cushion, causing a Swordean extravaganza, just in time for the chorus.

And if the bomb's in your face
(In the skies) What do you have to show (To get in)
The end of your days, might be near!
Help us stop it or your life is gone
Your house which will be gone-ski
Because of a cosmic split, a second or none!

Everybody pauses while Shop Owner goes into the crowd with a Green Aerosol can. He sings the last line, in front of some assorted nation supporters who attended tonight.

I just knocked you out tonight

It is believed 26 people were injured by being knocked out by the poison smell, with about 11 deaths among them. Regardless, The Swordeans get a cheer bigger than any Swordean WorldVision cheer ever before. A few hundred 'Champions' posters are lifted up, signalling that the Swordeans are champions. They also get a standing ovation, which their longtime enemies Volcanoc received earlier tonight. Everybody joins together to bow, and they exit. However, they are called for an encore. Shop Owner sings the last line again.

I just knocked you out tonight

He gets some more cheers, as everybody climbs onto the scaffolding to bow one more time. They then all rip a part of the scaffolding off to keep as a souvenir of Britonisea, and what should be the maiden Swordean victory. The 6 get another nice cheer in the ren room, where they sit down at their station.
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Tune: Children of the Universe, Molly Smitten-Downes

(NB: Lyrics in brackets sung by backing singers)

The lights shine over three backing singers, dressed in purple choir robes. The backing track kicks in, and the videowall in the background shows a church congregation.

(Sing it from the steeple, whoa hey hey,
Sing it from the steeple, whoa ohohoh)

A spotlight shines upon Sarah Mansell, dressed in a flowing white raiment. She stands in the middle of the stage as she begins to sing.

Hear the way that they are speaking (oh),
That there's nothing we believe in (no),

But they don't understand our faith is in ourselves
And we're not about to go and be like our parents, no
It's our generation
It's our time to fly

As Sarah sings "It's our time to fly", the videowall pans up, through the church ceiling revealing a bright blue sky. Clouds pass along the screens. The backing singers congregate around Sarah as she sings the next line, pulling off the raiment to reveal a silver and gold coloured sheer dress, and gold-sequinned pumps.

We're young and we're fearless
We will never fall
Say what you want now, we're the future and we'll be here standing tall

We're flying to the highest heights, don't you know
Soaring through the clouds above, we're not coming down
We're flying to the highest heights

As the backing singers take the next few lines, a round platform in the middle of the stage begins to rise beneath Sarah's feet. By the end of those lines, she's a good eight feet above the remainder of the stage.

(Sing it from the steeple, whoa hey hey,
Sing it from the steeple, whoa ohohoh
Sing it from the steeple, whoa hey hey,
Passion in our hearts and we're never coming down)

The videowall pans back down again, revealing students protesting against...something. Soldiers block their way.

We're the glory generation (hey, hey)
We're the future of the nation (yeah)
Hearts and minds together, anything we face
You can never bring us down so hurry, there's no time to waste

It's our generation
It's our time to fly

The protesters turn to doves, and fly upwards and away. The videowall follows them upwards and out of shot, returning to the blue sky panorama.

We're flying to the highest heights, don't you know
Soaring through the clouds above, we're not coming down

The blue sky panorama moves faster as Sarah prepares for the middle eight.

We're young and we're fearless
We will never fall
Stay strong to the end but never worry
This feeling's just the start
The sky is our playground
They won't bring us down
Say what you want now, we're the future and we'll never touch the ground

The words "never touch the ground" are a cue for Sarah to be lifted, through the magic of theatrical wires, to float upwards from the raised platform. As she begins to sing the final chorus, the panorama brings the sun front and centre. There's a flash of yellow and gold sparks from the pyros around the ceiling above the stage, and the panorama shifts with a flash to a starry night sky.

We're flying to the highest, flying to the highest,
Flying to the highest heights, don't you know
We're soaring through the clouds above, we're not coming down
Yes we are flying to the highest heights

The lights fade to black, save for a lone yellow-gold spotlight above Sarah, bathing her in its glow. The videowall still projects the starry sky.

(Sing it from the steeple!)

"Thank you, Quickenden!" Sarah is still hovering as the feed cuts to Electrum's postcard.
Last edited by Krytenia on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:04 pm

18. ELECTRUM

Song: It Had To Be
Aritist: Jane Baker & Tim Symons
Tune: I've Seen It All by Bjork and Thom Yorke (Mirror)

It was one of the strangest entries by Electrum in recent history. The reason? There was no selection contest this time. The reasoning for this was that Network ENN decided that the people did not truly know what they wanted for themselves, and took it upon themselves to choose the songs which will be submitted by Electrum. After a long and arduous audition process, where many entries were whittled down, was Jane Baker and Tim Symons with the duet entry 'It had to be'. It was a deliberately vague song, as they wanted it to be relatable to other break-ups. The phrase 'death by a thousand cuts' referred to the phenomenon of 'creeping normality', where a major change happens in imperceptible increments. It was an intensely emotional song and Jane and Tim make a wonderful pairing.

Red - Jane
Blue - Tim
Purple - Together

Jane, sans the pink scarf is standing alone in the middle of the stage. It is dark throughout, and no one is in sight. Slowly, as the song progresses, and the train sounds become louder, the stage brightens up to reveal a small musical-like set. It is set at a station -- the scene of a break-up it seems. Finally, as Tim's voice is heard, he walks into the light towards the station steps. There are lots of people going about their ordinary business, milling about, but this song is about the two of them, as they sing from opposite sides of the stage.

0:20
It had to be, you can't change my mind,
Time for a new start, where my love isn't blind,

I would walk the depths of hell for you,
But now this word just came out of the blue and,

If it had to be - what happened to us?
It had to be - death by a thousand cuts.

Tim walks down the steps and moves towards Jane, through the crowd. She's holding her suitcase, but throws them on the floor when she sees him. She looks at the camera, which is whizzing by above her, takes a deep breath and continues to sing. They are face to face as they have their back-and-forth. He dramatically whips off his glasses and tries to get closer, but she's pushing him back. He's pleading more and more, and is on his knees, but she is clearly having none of it, tears streaming down her face.

1:23
Why are you suddenly talking to me?
I just want to know what I did wrong to you,
Is it now you care? After my cries for help?
Of course I do, I've never heard you yelp!

And what happens to us next?
Just where will you go?

To be honest, I really don't care...

There is a small yell from Jane, as she vents her frustration. Tim looks away, but comes back again. This time, he's holding her hands and tries to get up close to her again. Again, like before, she won't have any of it. She clutched her heart, and moved her hands away, like it was breaking up. He finally gets the idea that she is sick and tired of him, so he backs away as the people around them are still going about their daily business, but towards the end, the crowd thins out, leaving just the two of them and the suitcase on stage.

2:24
Just tell me what's wrong with you
You've had it so easy, you know, we're through
It doesn't matter, now I care about you
This is just you promising to change
Well maybe you're just not worth the effort
To be honest, I really don't care...

Both of them face away from each other as they instead look in front towards the camera and the audience. They are again, on the opposite sides of the stage as they both look at the same point and sing the same words. The stage slowly darkens again, with the spotlights on just the two of them.

3:25
It had to be, this just won't work
You're the one that's wrong and is the real jerk
Maybe this was never meant to be
This is the end, now we're finally free
If it had to be, what happened to us?
It had to be - death by a thousand cuts

Tim looks on whilst Jane packs her bags and walks up the steps and off-stage where she isn't seen. With the time to himself, he sits on the floor and sings the rest of the song, a kind of self reflection. In the very end, they are singing together, but she is off stage whilst he is looking to the audience.

4:14
I didn't see you and this is my sorry
Close the chapter on this little story
When you needed me, the more I stayed away
I won't cry but my expression will betray

If it had to be then this is the end of us
If it had to be then there's no need to discuss!
Last edited by Electrum on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm

19 -Normandy and Picardy
Marié Eðjonœr - Stranger (Why?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT67liGjZhw

Marié, aged 20, is a young singer-songwriter from Cherbourg, in the north of Normandy and Picardy. She has watched WorldVision since she was young (it was broadcast in Normandy and Picardy long before the nation began to compete). She studied at the Cherbourg School of Musical Arts, where she passed her exams with flying colours a few weeks ago. She wrote this song for a talent competition at the School a few months ago, in which (surprise,surprise) she won, although it was tough and she only just beat Marin Esjden, who performed a song entitled "Mon Cœur". Since then, she has flown to success in Normandy and Picardy. Her video has received 8.3 million views on TubéEsa (The Normand version of Youtube; bare in mind Normandy and Picardy only has a population of 12,560,000 as of the 2014 census), and her song - which was released with BNRT Music who signed her up as soon as they discovered her - has flown to Number 1, knocking off "Adorale Ega" ("I Love") which had been there for 3 weeks. BNRT, through BNRT Music, selected the song to be the Normand entry to WorldVision; there would be no chance of any bias as the song has as of yet only been released and only had success in Normandy and Picardy. This came with the return of internal selections, after BNRT decided that the national final, "Alo Contjalest Esa Poual Chantjal" was not working in terms of bringing success.

When she discovered her song had been chosen to represent Normandy and Picardy, Marié could not believe it. She told ACTUER that ,"This seems unreal. One minute I was just a student at Cherbourg, the next I'm representing my nation at WorldVision. This has been a whirlwind experience for me, and I can't wait to get to the WorldVision stage". The reception from critics and the Normand people has been positive, with many thinking that this may be the best Normand entry since 'The Subtle Swords' in WorldVision 36. BNRT is confident, with spokesperson Martin Goncare telling ACTUER that ,"We believe that this song was the best seen by BNRT during the internal selection period. We have every confidence that Marié can bring us, and herself, a good performance and a good result". The song, as stated earlier, was written entirely by Marié. She wrote the song about a relationship she had in which she genuinely loved her partner, and she believed her partner loved her. However, the relationship turned rotten, before he eventually left her. This song is from Marié's viewpoint after the relationship, when she felt betrayed and lost. It is a feeling many may have felt, and there is a hope that Marié may connect with people and this may help in the voting. Overall, Normandy and Picardy just want a good result.

The stage is dark except for a single dim spotlight, showing a piano at a slight angle towards the audience, and Marié sitting their. The stage is covered in a layer of smoke and as it floats around the spotlight, it creates a hazy effect. The overall effect is one that is slightly ethereal. Marié sits at the large grand piano in the centre of the stage, wearing something like this dress; nothing to showy as the song is more important than the musician in Marié's opinion. She begins to play the piano, and she does the cameras pans around towards her, and when she begins to sing the camera looks directly at her face as she shows the raw emotion behind the song. Towards the end of the verse, the cameras pan around to show her playing the piano.

I have been broken by your love
Once I was strong, now I'm nothing
Why, why, why?
Why, why, why,
Would you do this to me?
I loved you but you never cared

As the second verse begins, two dancers, a man and a woman dressed all in white, are shown in a spotlight at the other side of the stage who begin a dance routine similar to this one, and the spotlight slowly follows them as they dance, occasionally allowing one of them to go into the darkness outside of the spotlight. The cameras pan around the dancers throughout this verse, occasionally showing Marié playing her piano.

Now I'm all alone, it isn't fine
You stole my heart, you stole my life
Why, why, why?
Why, why, why?
I was your victim
And I fell for everything you said

The two dancers part from each other, and the male dancer leaves the stage, leaving the woman to dance by herself during the chorus. The overall lighting increases a little, and the spotlights on the dancer and Marié disappear as they are no longer needed. The female dancer continues to do a similar sort of dance to as she did with the man, but obviously without him. Towards the end of the chorus, the camera turns towards Marié, who continues to clearly sing with emotion.

And why would you do this?
You aren't the man I loved
You were once warm and kind
Now you are a stranger
And everyday I will wake up
Without you at my side
And I will still remember
How you left all these scars

The cameras stay with Marié for the first few lines of the verse, before switching over again to show the female dancer doing a routine like this, the smoke moving around as she goes around on the floor. The cameras show this from a series of different angles.

We were star-crossed lovers, nothing to fear
And you always were so near
Why, why, why?
Why, why, why,
Are you no longer here?
I feel so lonely without someone to love

The dancer continues her dancing during the chorus, during which the cameras begin zoomed in on her and panning out throughout, before showing an all encompassing shot by the end of the chorus. At the end of the chorus, a male dancer dressed all in black appears from under the Grand Piano, and dances towards the female dancer.

And why would you do this?
You aren't the man I loved
You were once warm and kind
Now you are a stranger
And everyday I will wake up
Without you at my side
And I will still remember
How you left all these scars

During the bridge-y-ish bit, the cameras return to the spot where the female dancer was, whole is now standing on one spot and looking around, as if looking for someone. Meanwhile, the man in black dances around her in the same contemporary style that has been used throughout the performance, as if haunting her.

Who were you,
All this time?
It was nothing
Just a façade

The cameras turn away completely from two dancers, who disappear of the stage as the lights become dimmer again and the cameras spin around Marié, first slowly but then they gradually speed up, until they are rather fast towards the end. As the song ends though, the cameras show her face, full of sadness and really portraying the story. There may also be a tiny bit of stage fright in there, but not much.

Why would you do this?
Why, why, why?
Why, why, why,
Would you do this to me?
Why, why, why?
Why, why, why?
Now you're a stranger

Marié says Thank You to everyone as the audience cheer, and quickly leaves the stage as the cheers continue. The preparations for the next act begin soon afterwards.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:11 pm

The question of moving forward from one edition to the next has continously haunted the WorldVision delegation of RTI. The unexpected scoreboard and commercial success of O-BRAD and Andraz Adamic left RTI at a loss as to how to approach WorldVision 41, and the channel since the conclusion of WV40 has struggled to find a suitable entry for WV41. Similar to the past few WV contests, RTI decided to re-employ a song submission process in the hopes that a suitable song would arise. Thus, the content would largely be left of what the artist would send, with modifications being done after selection. Naturally, the song selection process was heated and there would be a myriad of disagreements amongst the team, but there would always at least be one song that managed to attain some sort of consensus amongst RTI, much as it was for WVs 38, 39, and 40. However, WV41 was different. For the first time, there was no general agreement within the team, and the selection process ended up being the most tortured and prolonged one in RTI's history.

Of the 30 or so entries submitted to RTI forWV41 consideration, five potential songs were given temporary monikers of being the Izmeduan WV41 entry. An offer of participation would be given to an artist, only to find that participation in jeopardy after additional deliberation as RTI would shift its fortunes and give another offer to another artist. The artists who were called up to RTI were unfortunately playing a game of musical chairs when it came to WV participation. Of the five that were offered WV41 participation at one point, three had eventually rejected the offer after being frustrated with the indecisiveness and strung-out nature of the selection process, while two remained. Even with the smaller pool, RTI was unable to pick between both entries, and then those two withdrew their songs for consideration. RTI was left with no WV41 entry in the meantime, and five artists whose hopes they've dashed due to the inability to pick the entry.

The higher-ups at RTI, alarmed at the WorldVision team's inability to pick an entry, stepped in and tried to do damage control in legal and PR terms. The five artists already had legal grounds to sue the channel itself and had already demanded recompensation. As the channel faced a growing legal battle, the WV delegation had gone through a massive restrucring in terms of personnel as well as fixing the selection process, adding in measures that would protect the artists and their songs as the channel deliberated on the entry along with a budget increase. The new team was provisional and temporary, and would only last for the duration of WV41, but it was on them to set the precedent for RTI in the future. The team quickly got to work at finding a new song, at first looking through and re-evaluating the applicants that were turned down by the old team. There were few that stood out, but there was one artist that made the biggest impression, Koraljka Franic, a singer-songwriter who was relatively new to the music scene.

Born in the district of Jugver-Jeblenica and the city of Sastavak, considered to be part of Izmedu's industrial heartland, Koraljka's pathway to being recognized as a musician was unconventional compared to her peers in the more artist-friendly cities of Vodiznad and Mousiki. Having to balance work and her artistry as well as dealing with limited opportunities for attaining any sort of sponsorship or for performing live gigs, Koraljka turned to the internet to bring her music to the limelight. She posted videos of herself singing to video sharing websites as well as freelancing her songwriting work to fellow rising artists like hers. Gigs were hard to come by, but Koraljka had managed to gain some publicity and fame. This newfound clout was enough for her fanbase as well as those close to her to suggest entering a song to the WorldVision Song Contest.

Koraljka's song to WorldVision, titled 'Memory,' was her first attempt at writing and producing a ballad, a genre departure from her usually upbeat and pop rock style. The song itself was also the most confessional and honest she has wrote, though she tried to distance her personal life as much as possible but to no avail, her most fragile emotions and experiences were already interlaced at the song's production and lyrics. Initially written with a breakup in mind, the song's final lyrics carried on a much darker undertone as she was revising the song. In the end, the song had been about finding closure. The ability to move on and finding peace after a harrowing event or after losing someone, they were things that Koraljka, in her short life, has struggled to deal with. The song had then ended up as a reminder of a painful experience with losing someone back then, where she had lost someone she had loved to a car accident, leaving her emotionally lost and derelict in the event's wake. The emotions from having to recover from such a loss had, whether by accident or by design, had wormed their way into the song.

At first disheartened by the rejection, Koraljka couldn't contain her hope and excitement when RTI had offered her the ticket to become the Izmeduan entrant in WorldVision 41. She had caught wind of the massive debacle that was the selection process, but the channel was at pains to reassure Koraljka that she would indeed represent the country.

Now, it was time to perform... The media whirlwind of being the representative and rehearsals had went by like a blur, and Koraljka reflected on her song one last time before going on stage. Deep inside, Koraljka had hoped that the song would resonate through the multiverse and become a source of solace and healing, especially to those that have lost someone like she had.

Taking a deep breath, Koraljka stepped onto the stage...

The stage was darkened and a spotlight shone on Koraljka, revealing her to be standing alone at the center of the stage with a microphone in hand, her face looking down on the floor with her eyes closed. That spotlight would be the only light source on the stage for a considerable part of the performance. She was revealed to be wearing this clothing ensemble. The camera focused on her solemn look as a soft piano instrumental commenced, followed by a gentle orchestra. The camera circled her slightly until she looked up, making the camera stop. Koraljka then moved the microphone to her mouth and began to sing...

I can't believe that I've reached the end
Even though daylight breaks
But hurt and pain never take pause
A new beginning turned into endless gloom

Koraljka looked directly to the camera as she sang the introductory verse, her eyes sorrowful and defeated. The camera had faded to a view farther away from Koraljka midway through the verse. She clasped the microphone with both hands at the end of the first half of the first verse, walking forward slightly with eyes closed.

My devotion was strong
Each moment filled with bliss
I was hopelessly spellbound to your charms
Our hearts were reliant, like moths to a flame

Koraljka held one hand to her chest as she sang, with the camera catching a side view of her during the second half of the verse. The orchestral instrumentation began to take more prominence, adding to the growing emotions of the song. She glanced to the side at the end of verse, looking away from the audience and the camera with a mournful look in her eyes.

I am lost, barely whole
I realize now that it was all just an ephemeral dream

She turned back to the camera and sung directly at it, almost confessing to the viewer. During this, Koraljka also slightly reached out to that camera with one hand, returning it back after the first line. Her eyes narrowed slightly at the word 'dream,' as if trying to control her emotions from overflowing.

I try to look forward, to heal...
To be rid of these memories
Yet they just won't fade, they won't go away...

She continued her direct look to the camera for the rest of the verse, turning away and putting on an exhausted tone to her vocals at the end of the chorus. Koraljka took a few steps sideways, returning back to the stage's center. For a few seconds, the camera faded to a wide view of the stage, showing her to be alone amongst the still darkened stage.

No...
I no longer feel your warmth
A numbing pain takes its place
To protect myself from what I've lost
I ceaselessly yearn for the past

There was a closer view of her, though the camera maintained its distance. During the verse, Koraljka made movements, such as holding her sides or free arm, that suggested that she was trying to keep herself together. At the end, like the first verse, she turned away from the camera and the audience...

I am lost, barely whole
I realize now that it was all just an ephemeral dream
I try to look forward, to heal...
To be rid of these memories
Yet they just won't fade, they won't go away...

She delivered the chorus with more intensity this time around, her body moving forward slightly and her face downcast at some parts. The camera circled around her and froze behind her back for one line, showing her singing to the audience. Then the view changed with her face visible at the final line, with her taking a deep breath at the end of the chorus as the instrumenal was louder and more orchestral than before. Dimmed white lights began to turn on, illuminating the stage slightly.

I yearn to remember you for
The joyful times that we shared
Even though my heart rings hollow with you gone

Koraljka looked directly at the camera once again, with the bridge being delivered at a greater intensity unlike the previous chorus and showing a fragile determination laced with hurt in her expression and eyes. The instrumentation, now more orchestral than piano-based, began to grow in volume. She arched forward at the second line, moving forward a few steps. She looked down at the end of the third line...

And life became an abyss that won't
Let me heal and move on
But no matter how cruel it is I have to let you

Koraljka looked away for the first two lines of the bridge's second half, walking back slightly and looking to the camera for the final line. She seemed almost breathless as she sang, with her emotions beginning to crack and waver. In contrast, the orchestral instruments were at their most intense, almost overpowering Koraljka's vocal. The dimmed lights from earlier brightened with the instrumental, illuminating the entire stage and the empty screens. At the end, the stage darkened at the instrumentation's silence...

Go...
Ooh...

Koraljka belted out 'go' smoothly, even though emotion was clear in her wavering lips and her pained expression. She arched forward as she inflected her vocal. She looked away from the audience as she sang 'ooh,' her voice at its highest. The lights turned on at the sweeping instrumental's brief interlude, with the view switching from a close up to one distant from Koraljka.

Leave your memory... Leave it behind...

A close-up view was commenced again, though Koraljka's attention was to the crowd. She sang the lines with a tiredness in her voice, a last exhausted breath after an emotional purge.

I'll say goodbye, say my farewell, may we find peace...

The lights gradually turned to a golden color during this line, as the camera faded to a direct view of Koraljka, with her singing this line directly to the viewers at home. Her eyes closed at the end of this line, an expression of exhaustion clearly evident in her face, but also relief and a fragile hope.

I can't believe that I've reached the end
Even though daylight breaks

The song's first two lines were repeated again, the transition to golden light complete as the stage was bathed in a warmer atmosphere than the start. An image of a weak, but slowly growing sunlight began to appear on the screen at the beginning of the song's final lines, with the camera momentarily switching to a stage-wide view. The parting shot would be a final close-up of Koraljka, as she sang the final line and as the song's instrumental faded. The camera would remain at this until the end, as the lights turned off at the song's close and normal stage lights turned on.

Koraljka could barely process the cheers as she felt the emotions from the song and from performing piling up on her. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins as she weakly held up the microphone to her mouth.

“Thank you so much.” Koraljka said, waving to the crowd slightly and walking off the stage, the cheering as well as the surreal feelings coming from it forever etched into her mind.
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates