NATION

PASSWORD

International Freedom Coalition (OOC, APPS TEMP CLOSED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:41 am

Roski wrote:How is the United States not able to join the IFC, literally the leader of the Free World, but Ardoki -mayaswellbesovietunion- is?

USA is not a PC.
(besides, the Valaran Empire only mentions rl places when other nations do - as far as my canon goes, there is no rl earth or US).
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:44 am

Roski wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:That'll only make things worse, but y'know, do it anyway, being wrong never stopped anyone before.

If we'd stop having shit shoved down our throats, we wouldnt have to point out the glaring inconsistencies.

There's a difference between pointing out inconsistencies and being a pain.

The blockade only exists to force Ardoki to hand over certain individuals, individuals who he was planning on handing over anyway.

I'm not going to even waste my time with regards to that.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:21 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Roski wrote:
If we'd stop having shit shoved down our throats, we wouldnt have to point out the glaring inconsistencies.

The blockade only exists to force Ardoki to hand over certain individuals, individuals who he was planning on handing over anyway.

I agree a little. But he walked out. So he weren't goimg to give anything.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:39 am

Roski wrote:How is the United States not able to join the IFC, literally the leader of the Free World, but Ardoki -mayaswellbesovietunion- is?

regardless of the status of Ardoki

1) that nation is not the US, if anything I consider OS the US
2) I agree with the rejection
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 am

Flardania wrote:

regardless of the status of Ardoki

1) that nation is not the US, if anything I consider OS the US
2) I agree with the rejection

The one thing pointed out there to deny the application is also true in the United States.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:13 am

I always thought OS was... IFC.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Roski wrote:

Individuals like dictators, terrorists, or anyone who is making a threat to international security?
The Union of the Emmerian Republic

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Active Emmerian military personnel: 10,421,707

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Speaking of threats to international security...hi.

So I wanted to inform you that IFC is now considered a major threat to the Ralkovian Empire; as such we'll unofficially be pivoting our attention to the dismantling of the IFC and it's affiliates. We'll be raising the cost of your ongoing and future operations in terms of casualties, treasure, and material. We won't be stopping you or dedicating large forces to defeating you, but we will supply advanced weaponry and PMC to your opponents. And initiate attacks on ongoing IFC and affiliates operations, Lib-Aus(<3) has earned you this extraordinary honor.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:Speaking of threats to international security...hi.

So I wanted to inform you that IFC is now considered a major threat to the Ralkovian Empire; as such we'll unofficially be pivoting our attention to the dismantling of the IFC and it's affiliates. We'll be raising the cost of your ongoing and future operations in terms of casualties, treasure, and material. We won't be stopping you or dedicating large forces to defeating you, but we will supply advanced weaponry and PMC to your opponents. And initiate attacks on ongoing IFC and affiliates operations, Lib-Aus(<3) has earned you this extraordinary honor.

Hey - thanks for the notification :)

Will this policy have been announced or otherwise common knowledge ICly? I ask as I saw you mention it as 'unofficial' Ralkovian policy in the Bluewell thread, and that might mean that this is conducted without our awareness.

And might I ask whether this policy extends to non-alliance operations conducted by member states?
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Great Feng
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Feng » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Might get to work with a videogame developer soon.
Though I'll be working for free, by choice.

Anyway, how is the situation at the moment guys?

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Valaran wrote:
Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:Speaking of threats to international security...hi.

Hey - thanks for the notification :)

Will this policy have been announced or otherwise common knowledge ICly? I ask as I saw you mention it as 'unofficial' Ralkovian policy in the Bluewell thread, and that might mean that this is conducted without our awareness.

And might I ask whether this policy extends to non-alliance operations conducted by member states?

I largely haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards it being undeclared, but you would obviously have figured it out when all of your enemies start getting hold of Ralkovian Weaponry. I think I'm aiming for plausible deniability.

Yes, for sure. However, this policy will only extend to your weaker members. (OOC info of course) Ideally, I want to increase the cost of cooperation with your weakest members; causing strain between them and your larger members. Of course, if you need weapons for your rebels or rebels in general, feel free to TG with what you need, and I'll be glad to provide. I've dedicated a few trillion dollars to this pivot.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:14 pm

United States Of Devonta wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:There's a difference between pointing out inconsistencies and being a pain.

I was going to hand them over anyway.

However, if Ardoki is expelled from the IFC it would be very politically hard for us to do that (our people and government would feel betrayed by an IFC they think hates them); so, we'd have to attempt holding the trial ourselves (which I would prefer not to do, for several reasons, but I might be left with no choice).
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:21 pm

Great Feng wrote:Anyway, how is the situation at the moment guys?

Arguably, tension is winding down somewhat.
Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:
I largely haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards it being undeclared, but you would obviously have figured it out when all of your enemies start getting hold of Ralkovian Weaponry. I think I'm aiming for plausible deniability.

Yes, for sure. However, this policy will only extend to your weaker members. (OOC info of course) Ideally, I want to increase the cost of cooperation with your weakest members; causing strain between them and your larger members. Of course, if you need weapons for your rebels or rebels in general, feel free to TG with what you need, and I'll be glad to provide. I've dedicated a few trillion dollars to this pivot.

Fair enough.

Speaking just for myself in this matter, this nation doesn't have too much in the way of rebels outside of certain colonies (though they're rather isolated, and while tensions are bubbling underneath the surface, I wasn't planning on any rps in them just now). However, I imagine that the IFC will sooner or later intervene somewhere, which would be a perfect opportunity raise enforcement costs for our operations. Actually this one might be a suitable RP for your purposes then - New Roma is a former IFC member, and I think the IFC will be pursuing its interests as the nation experience turmoil (maybe TG New Roma about this?).
Last edited by Valaran on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Ardoki wrote:
United States Of Devonta wrote:

I was going to hand them over anyway.

However, if Ardoki is expelled from the IFC it would be very politically hard for us to do that (our people and government would feel betrayed by an IFC they think hates them); so, we'd have to attempt holding the trial ourselves (which I would prefer not to do, for several reasons, but I might be left with no choice).

The resolution that was set for expulsion was edited so that it no longer is for expulsion.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 1: VGK 3 - 3 DAL | RND 2: NYR 0 - 0 CAR | VAN 0 - 0 EDM | FLA 0 - 0 BOS | D/V 0 - 0 COL
NCAA MBB: Tulane 24-20 | LSU 28-17 || NCAA WSB: LSU 36-13

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Valaran wrote:
Great Feng wrote:Anyway, how is the situation at the moment guys?

Fair enough.

Speaking just for myself in this matter, this nation doesn't have too much in the way of rebels outside of certain colonies (though they're rather isolated, and while tensions are bubbling underneath the surface, I wasn't planning on any rps in them just now). However, I imagine that the IFC will sooner or later intervene somewhere, which would be a perfect opportunity raise enforcement costs for our operations. Actually this one might be a suitable RP for your purposes then - New Roma is a former IFC member, and I think the IFC will be pursuing its interests as the nation experience turmoil (maybe TG New Roma about this?).

Yep. As to your rebels, I'll happily arm them in the interim. Ralkovia, as one of the largest human traffickers in the World, arguably has a very strong distribution network present world-wide.

I'll message him.

If you have any new ideas you guys would want to work out with me, I'm also game.

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Valaran wrote:

Fair enough.

Yep. As to your rebels, I'll happily arm them in the interim. Ralkovia, as one of the largest human traffickers in the World, arguably has a very strong distribution network present world-wide.

I'll message him.

If you have any new ideas you guys would want to work out with me, I'm also game.

Are you threatening to declare war?

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:11 pm

I'll message him.

I imagine it will be a small scale matter, at least for now.

I see if I have any more ideas by tomorrow - bit too tired to have any right now.

Emmerian Republic wrote:Are you threatening to declare war?

Ah, not quite. Ralk is stating that his nation will conduct indirect hostilities with the IFC and its members (outlined a few posts above), mostly to increase the 'enforcement costs' of any IFC operations.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:

I'll message him.

Are you threatening to declare war?

Not quite yet. Merely increasing the strain on your alliance. With Aus's attack on my ships, Ralkovia has realized that the IFC represents an immediate danger to Ralkovian Power in the World. It will immediately begin operations to increase your cost in casualties, treasure, diplomatic effort, and material. I'll be arming your opposition with advanced weaponry, providing training, and hiring PMCs and pirates to harass your ships and bases on foreign lands, specifically targeting your weaker members to increase domestic dissonance with the alliance, while maintaining plausible deniability.

Once you've been weakened, then Ralkovia would move to attack.

Also, I'm going to invade Pillowlandia, to pillage his pillows.
Last edited by Ralkovian Grand Island on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Incidentally Ralk, I take it there's no chance the Valarans can attempt to convince your nation otherwise about the threat posed by the IFC? I'm fine with IC diplomacy failing and all, but I'm wondering whether the (Valaran) Empire would have made the attempt to open some kind of dialogue (e: be this in Bluewell or elsewhere) once we discovered Ralkovian policy.
Last edited by Valaran on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:Are you threatening to declare war?

Not quite yet. Merely increasing the strain on your alliance. With Aus's attack on my ships, Ralkovia has realized that the IFC represents an immediate danger to Ralkovian Power in the World. It will immediately begin operations to increase your cost in casualties, treasure, diplomatic effort, and material. I'll be arming your opposition with advanced weaponry, providing training, and hiring PMCs and pirates to harass your ships and bases on foreign lands, specifically targeting your weaker members to increase domestic dissonance with the alliance, while maintaining plausible deniability.

Basically, that sounds alot like trying to strain the relations with IFc before openly declare war. This would be considered an act of war.

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Valaran wrote:Incidentally Ralk, I take it there's no chance the Valarans can attempt to convince your nation otherwise about the threat posed by the IFC? I'm fine with IC diplomacy failing and all, but I'm wondering whether the (Valaran) Empire would have made the attempt to open some kind of dialogue (e: be this in Bluewell or elsewhere) once we discovered Ralkovian policy.

I'd be open. Specifically, Ralkovia considers Aus to be the main anti-Ralkovian in the IFC, and if you have an Emperor or Empress that'd be a huge bonus in your favor, because of Ralkovia's general reluctance to fight other Empires.

Emmerian Republic wrote:

Basically, that sounds alot like trying to strain the relations with IFc before openly declare war. This would be considered an act of war.

You'd have to find out first.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:Also, I'm going to invade Pillowlandia, to pillage his pillows.

Get out me Pillow!

Just when I thought the Pillowlandian mainland might get to experience a couple of decades of true political and economic stability. :(

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:if you have an Emperor or Empress that'd be a huge bonus in your favor, because of Ralkovia's general reluctance to fight other Empires.

Well, if it's any help one of the primary nations of my commonwealth has an Emperor
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:39 pm

And I wonder how I shall exploit it...

Carry on.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Great Feng
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Feng » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:
Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:Also, I'm going to invade Pillowlandia, to pillage his pillows.

Get out me Pillow!

Just when I thought the Pillowlandian mainland might get to experience a couple of decades of true political and economic stability. :(

You're at war with Feng though.
Btw I moved my capital to Kyoto, with my China capital being Beijing.

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Great Feng wrote:
Pillowlandia wrote:
Get out me Pillow!

You're at war with Feng though.
Btw I moved my capital to Kyoto, with my China capital being Beijing.

Since when?

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates