NATION

PASSWORD

[TWI Only] Senate of The Western Isles

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doppler
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:57 pm

So what about the development of fake weaponry desined by fellow members of TWI? Should we have an apporval of that. Or does that fall under the 1a "real world trends".
Proud member of The Western Isles
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Doppler wrote:So what about the development of fake weaponry desined by fellow members of TWI? Should we have an apporval of that. Or does that fall under the 1a "real world trends".

I believe I answered this previously, Senator.

Tuernia wrote:Now, to address Doppler's concerns, it would be up to the Secretary of the Interior to determine if their weapons fit into MT. However, as long as they utilize the same technology as modern guns, I don't see how they wouldn't be MT.

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Tuernia wrote:
Doppler wrote:So what about the development of fake weaponry desined by fellow members of TWI? Should we have an apporval of that. Or does that fall under the 1a "real world trends".

I believe I answered this previously, Senator.

Tuernia wrote:Now, to address Doppler's concerns, it would be up to the Secretary of the Interior to determine if their weapons fit into MT. However, as long as they utilize the same technology as modern guns, I don't see how they wouldn't be MT.

Oh yeah, sorry
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I move to vote on this.

Reference Information Act (2015)

An Act to establish requirements for factbooks prior to roleplay.

Factbook Requirements

(1) Before taking part in roleplay involving any nation other than itself, each nation must have one official factbook each for the categories of Military and Economy.

(2) If the Secretary of the Interior feels that a nation has not carried out (1) to a satisfactory level, said nation shall be restricted from participation in international roleplay until their factbooks are sorted out. No nation, however, can be restricted from private roleplay, such as newsposts, and the creation of factbooks.

Modern Technology Requirements

(1) No nation shall include any technology, statistic, or piece of information in their official factbooks that can be deemed unrealistic by modern technology roleplay standards.

a) Modern technology roleplay standards shall be defined as any technology or piece of information that follows real world trends and abides by the laws of physics.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Tuernia wrote:I move to vote on this.

Reference Information Act (2015)

An Act to establish requirements for factbooks prior to roleplay.

Factbook Requirements

(1) Before taking part in roleplay involving any nation other than itself, each nation must have one official factbook each for the categories of Military and Economy.

(2) If the Secretary of the Interior feels that a nation has not carried out (1) to a satisfactory level, said nation shall be restricted from participation in international roleplay until their factbooks are sorted out. No nation, however, can be restricted from private roleplay, such as newsposts, and the creation of factbooks.

Modern Technology Requirements

(1) No nation shall include any technology, statistic, or piece of information in their official factbooks that can be deemed unrealistic by modern technology roleplay standards.

a) Modern technology roleplay standards shall be defined as any technology or piece of information that follows real world trends and abides by the laws of physics.

Seconded, I feel we have addressed all of our needs on this bill.
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:07 pm

seconded
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:17 pm

The motion carries. Voting now begins.

I vote aye.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Tuernia wrote:The motion carries. Voting now begins.

I vote aye.

Aye
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:42 am

The Reference Information Act passes 2-1-0. We shall now begin First Reading of the World Assembly Delegate Procedures Act.

World Assembly Delegate Procedures Act

An act to amend the Constitution, detailing how the World Assembly Delegate should operate.

Amendment

(1) Article II, Section 9 of the Constitution is amended thusly:

"The Non-Executive Delegate is not an officer position. The Non-Executive Delegate has no authority or powers."

(2) Article II, Section 11 is moved to be Article II, Section 12.

(3) Article II, Section 11 is created as the following:

"Section 11: Delegate Procedures
The World Assembly Delegate shall be free to approve any proposals. The World Assembly Delegate shall be free to vote as they wish except for in the following circumstances (ranked in order of precedence):
-A 60% super-majority of WA nations in the region are voting either 'for' or 'against', in which case the delegate shall vote with the super-majority
-The author of the resolution is a member of the region, in which case the delegate shall vote 'for'
-The author of the resolution is a member of an allied region that has a treaty concerning the mutual support of resolutions, in which case the delegate shall vote with the allied region"
Last edited by Tuernia on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:52 am

Tuernia wrote:The Reference Information Act has passed by a vote of 2-1-0.

We will now begin First Reading of the Order of the Senate Act.
Order of the Senate Act (2015)

An Act to create an order of merit awarded by the Senate to outstanding members of the region for service, talent, or contribution to the Western Isles.

Establishment

(1) The Order of the Senate is hereby created.

Membership

(1) Membership in the Order of the Senate shall be awarded by the Senate to outstanding members of the region in recognition for the following:
a) Exceptional service to the region, either in government or as a private member.
b) Exceptional talent, especially when used for the benefit of the region.
c) Meritorious action in defense of the region.
d) Other reasons the Senate finds appropriate.

Ceremony and Decoration

(1) When a member is added to the Order, a public declaration to that effect shall be made by the Vice President, or Speaker Pro Tempore in the Vice President's absence.

(2) Members of the Order shall be permitted to display the insignia of their order in their flag, factbooks, or signature.
a) The insignia of the Order shall be determined by the Senate, and may be changed by the same.

Revocation

(1) If necessary the Senate may expel a member from the Order, and revoke their decoration.

First Induction

(1) Randmar is hereby inducted into the Order of the Senate for his outstanding service to the region, namely:
a) His enthusiastic assistance to members of the region in improving their factbooks, and roleplays.
b) His dedication to excellent roleplay, and his efforts to improve the state of roleplay in the region.
c) His outstanding service as Secretary of the Interior.

I like this, however the WA Delegate Amendment is before this on the docket.
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:15 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:I like this, however the WA Delegate Amendment is before this on the docket.

Sorry, I had forgotten about. Good catch. I've edited the above.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 am

Tuernia wrote:
Dashgrinaar wrote:I like this, however the WA Delegate Amendment is before this on the docket.

Sorry, I had forgotten about. Good catch. I've edited the above.

Cool, but it says Supreme Court Size. After that , however, I'm fine with the format.
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:Cool, but it says Supreme Court Size. After that , however, I'm fine with the format.

Fixed for Vancouvia.
Last edited by Tuernia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:04 am

I move to proceed to Second Reading.

*Note to self for SR: (3) needs to be ranked*

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Tuernia wrote:I move to proceed to Second Reading.

Seconded
Dashgrinaar

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Dashgrinaar wrote:
Tuernia wrote:I move to proceed to Second Reading.

Seconded

Seconded. Sorry for being so inactive, I just started my summer job.
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 pm

We are now in Second Reading.

I think we should provide for the ranking of things in Section 11, because there could be situations where they conflict. For instance, if 60% of the region votes against a resolution, but it is authored by a member of the region. Which way to they vote?

I suggest this amendment:

"The World Assembly Delegate shall be free to approve any proposals. The World Assembly Delegate shall be free to vote as they wish except for in the following circumstances (ranked in order of precedence):
-A 60% super-majority of WA nations in the region are voting either 'for' or 'against', in which case the delegate shall vote with the super-majority
-The author of the resolution is a member of the region, in which case the delegate shall vote 'for'
-The author of the resolution is a member of an allied region that has a treaty concerning the mutual support of resolutions, in which case the delegate shall vote with the allied region."

Wildelyn
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wildelyn » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Docket has been updated and i have returned from my temporary inactivity.

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:09 pm

I move to vote on this bill, with the included amendment.

An act to amend the Constitution, detailing how the World Assembly Delegate should operate.

Amendment

"The Non-Executive Delegate is not an officer position. The Non-Executive Delegate has no authority or powers."

The World Assembly Delegate shall be free to approve any proposals. The World Assembly Delegate shall be free to vote as they wish except for in the following circumstances (ranked in order of precedence):
-The author of the resolution is a member of an allied region that has a treaty concerning the mutual support of resolutions, in which case the delegate shall vote with the allied region"

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Tuernia wrote:I move to vote on this bill, with the included amendment.

Amendment

Seconded
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:01 pm

The motion carries. We are now voting on the World Assembly Delegate Procedures Act.

I vote Aye.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Tuernia wrote:The motion carries. We are now voting on the World Assembly Delegate Procedures Act.

I vote Aye.

Aye.
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:06 pm

As we have reached a majority, the voting period may close. The World Assembly Procedures Act has passed by a vote of 2-1-0.

An Act to create an order of merit awarded by the Senate to outstanding members of the region for service, talent, or contribution to the Western Isles.

Establishment

Membership

(1) Membership in the Order of the Senate shall be awarded by the Senate to outstanding members of the region in recognition for the following:
a) Exceptional service to the region, either in government or as a private member.

Ceremony and Decoration

(1) When a member is added to the Order, a public declaration to that effect shall be made by the Vice President, or Speaker Pro Tempore in the Vice President's absence.

(2) Members of the Order shall be permitted to display the insignia of their order in their flag, factbooks, or signature.
a) The insignia of the Order shall be determined by the Senate, and may be changed by the same.

Revocation

(1) If necessary the Senate may expel a member from the Order, and revoke their decoration.

Inductions

(1) Randmar is inducted into the Order of the Senate, for:
a) Dedicated service as Secretary of the Interior.
b) Outstanding contributions to regional roleplay.
c) Exceptional public service, especially in the areas of factbook and roleplay advice.

(2) Bhumidol is inducted into the Order of the Senate, for:
a) Dedicated service as Justice.
c) Exceptional public service, especially in the area of maps and advice.
Last edited by Tuernia on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Tuernia wrote:As we have reached a majority, the voting period may close. The World Assembly Procedures Act has passed by a vote of 2-1-0.

Establishment

Membership

Ceremony and Decoration

Revocation

Inductions

(1) Randmar is inducted into the Order of the Senate, for:
a) Dedicated service as Secretary of the Interior.
c) Exceptional public service, especially in the areas of factbook and roleplay advice.

(2) Bhumidol is inducted into the Order of the Senate, for:
a) Dedicated service as Justice.
c) Exceptional public service, especially in the area of maps and advice.

L
I like this, however, in a vote for the induction of a nation into the Order, what majority of the vote is needed? A simple, or 66%, or Unanimous?
Dashgrinaar

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Dashgrinaar wrote:I like this, however, in a vote for the induction of a nation into the Order, what majority of the vote is needed? A simple, or 66%, or Unanimous?

A good question Senator, but a Second Reading one :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates