NATION

PASSWORD

40th WorldVision Song Contest | Rokkestaat, Ekoz

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Act Twenty One (21)- Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:56 pm

ACT TWENTY-ONE- Britonisea
"We" performed by Janet Kraye & the Children of 6B
The Two at the back are actually two dancers who will feature in the performance
Britonisea at 40!
Theme Tune: Join Us

Ever wondered the story of Janet Kraye, The Children of 6B and the Male Spanish Dancers? No? Well, it all started about a year ago. During the 38th Song Contest, Britonisea was once at the top of the tables of the league and we thought that was our year. However, we then finished at 5th place, of course we were proud but Ms Janet Kraye wanted her children -at a music school- to have a good go at such a talent. Janet Kraye informed the teachers, the school and the parents that this event would happen, and it was to happen during the 40th Contest to celebrate the 4th Cycle of the WorldVision Song Contest, after a few questions and disputes of parents, must parents agreed and of those children, 11 children were picked to represent The school in a chance to get to WorldVision. Although they had everything sorted out, in the hope of getting to WorldVision through Britonisea, it was now clear that there was trouble to come as they had to get through the next stage; auditioning and making the executives choose the winning song. Janet Kraye and the Children of 6B were practising this beautiful song you are about to hear and she trained the children to do moves; this all took a matter of 5 months to rehearse and perfect before the country, during the World Hit Festival 17, set eyes on the chosen song. "It is amazing to be chosen and to represent such a great country as ours." was he first words when she was greeted outside BITC Studios. She also added; "Us and the children are set to work very hard to do well in the fortieth contest." as she walked away with the 11 children, they were to be hidden away from the public eye, for now.

During the time that they were practising, the great choir -as they were named by the Britonish Telepaper-, started to perform at their school stage before the BITC provided them an average sized WorldVision stage, measurements from WorldVision 31 to 39. As they started to get in to the routine, they wanted to try to use lighting and new dancers. Ms Kraye met a man called George Kanninghas which she later loved. They both looked for two people who would work with them but most importantly, work with the children to train them and to train themselves an effective dance. There, they met a 15 year old Kama Yutak and 37 year old Channing Farnham. Both of which are profession dancers in Spanish and Latino dancing, yes, that doesn't fit in with our tune of song, but as they learned from each other, it turned out to be just successful, however, at the end of the day, you are the judge of that. After they practised with these gentlemen, they actually found a suitable performance of which they practised in Britonisea, sung and performed in Britonisea while also performing in Estogium, Aloquirbe and Nightom themselves. With remarkable reviews, the Britonish Entry was set to "Beat the previous Britonish Records" as already it has the highest watched on youtube in the last few days of release, while also coming a number 3 on the charts; in comparison to a low 14 on the charts with 5th place song, "Return" after the WorldVision 37 break Britonisea took. Now, live back at the stadium, please welcome Jane Kraye and The Children of 6B with special assistance from the 2 Rookside Dancers.

Writing in red is the children singing.
Other colours is the woman singing.
Finally, italics is backing singers, or/and the dancers.
Bolded Red, all together.

The stadium is dark, you can hear thousands of people shouting 40Brit and then the stadium was quiet as you could hear the "Shhh" from the audience telling each other to be quiet, the song is about to begin, my we all listen to the Britonish Song for the 40th Song Contest.
*Instrumental*

As the instrumentals started, the crowd was amazed at the 100s of drums men walking down to the stage as the song was lighted up by the great sound of drums, and also the stadium turned a magnificent teal blue, as men in white came on the stage to meet with the main person, they were playing their violins, a great accompaniment to the sound of the drums, of which is the most clear sound in the stadium. As the music got loud, the drums took their solo part as the stadium lit different colours, mostly to suit all the nations participating colours, the stage floor shone a great blue, to a green to a red to a yellow, it was truly unmissable.

Look at me, Look where we are,
We got the people staring like we are stars.
With your hand in mine and our feet apart,
We can get to the top and win non stop.

The colour of the arena stayed a sharp blue and indigo as the next verse was about to start, by this time the drummers stopped drumming and they stood on the steps of the arena; similar to a previous performance we have done. As the lovely sound of a next verse starts, the stadium changes colour and turns to a great green colour. The strobe effects lighting hitting the backrest parts of the arena as the Number 40 alongside BRIT next to it. You, in the crowd, could hear someone shouting, "Fourty Brit! Fourty Brit!" as the song was about to go again. The children all bundled up as if they were penguins fighting the cold breath of society.

And we can all achieve,
And we can believe!

"A quite inspirational two lines," thought a member of a public as the blue of the sea came back and flooded the stadium, a light flashed on and off as the scene was dramatically changed, it felt like they were in the middle of the ocean and they were about to make their way out of the planet, the big green planet we'd call home. The children then went in to row the two middle ones holding on to the skirt of Ms Kraye who's dress turned from white in to a magnificent blue, matching the sparkle of the sea.

We will reach the top of sky
Nothing blocking us, we will go real high.
The points at the top is our goal
We'll get to the top and we are gold.

As the females and the males in white come on the stages with their woodwine instruments and the violins, still playing, decent of the stage, the children go back to a huddle again around Ms Kraye, all around her, a the two dancers took centre stage, they were slowly moving, almost ballet instead of a vibrant dance they would usually do, as the balanced their bodies so they couldn't fall. The ceiling of the arena turned black however, you could see sparkling white bright lights turning on and off every 5 seconds one after the other, it looked like a wave of white light.

And as we reach the atmosphere,
We wave at the people, right down there.
They held us up, we can't put them down.
So let us remove that old frown

The whole arena now turned black, a spotlight on the dancers, spotlights on the children and Ms Kraye while also having a spotlight moving around the audience to signify that we are talking to you! Suddenly, as this verse starts, the white lights become more common as they go all around the stadium making it seem like stars were all around us, and we could escape it.
Instrumental

As shooting star, which was actually a firework shot from the left side of the arena to the other side causing there to be an orange light which lasted in the arena for 4 seconds.

And as we shoot fast in the sky
Wave at the clouds we will leave behind
No more bad days, or winter haze
Imagine the possibilities we can find

When she reminded the children of bad days and the winter haze, a smoke machine started to rumble as the smoke was created a theme of clouds and the sky. The stage started to snow white feathers to replace the snow, because we can't get real snow, but a great magical setting was placed as the feather dropped on the stage, the children's face lit up and they ran around the 2 dancers, still performing a ballet piece.

Don't be sad young kin,
Let's go, Let's live
Don't worry about them
We will take them.

Don't fear, don't cry
Don't worry nor sigh
We'll be back soon
As we fly past our moon

As the song changed, all the children sat down and later laid down looking at the sky, the ceiling of the arena, still watching and the stage floor was clearing up from the smoke, she walked around and she pat each child as something that happened in an Aloquirbic performance happened here.

Our moon....
Our moon....
Our moon....
Our moon....

As the children repeated the words moon, a crescent moon appear across the stadium. as the fire works sparklers started. The children all got up and ran towards to the singer teacher, and so did the two dancers.

Instrumental

The stadium turned back to darkness as though we are now in space, the children were lifted in the air, a zero gravitational field was among us. The dress of Ms Kraye changed back to white as she caried on singing as she looked at the children in amaze.

And as we reach the atmosphere (Woah, look at the stars!)
We wave at the people, right down there. (Wow, they're like ants!)
They held us up, we can't put them down. (Bye!)
So let us remove that old frown

The stage turned in to a waving Britonish flag as two were raised to show that we have landed on the moon, the instrumental people cam back on the stage, two of which were holding the flag of Britonisea and wrapped it around the teacher, however this flag changed in to all of the current nations participating, finishing again on Britonisea.

And we can all achieve,
And we can believe!

You can vaguely hear the front row singing along with the teacher, the dancers and the children who are all singing together in great harmony, and great unison. It wasn't crashing at time, it felt heavenly as the mood of the stadium changed again as the stadium turned a blue colour.

We will reach the top of sky
Nothing blocking us, we will go real high.
The points at the top is our main goal
We'll get to the top and we are gold.

All of the lights in the stadium turned to a white as the clouds re appeared. It was a nice feeling to the air. A cool breeze was being pushed through the stadium as light feathers were also pushed through...the sound become more hectic after the massive finish.

I am Here, you are Here, We are here, We are here!!! Here!!!!!!

The song finished quite suddenly with a big dong, "Thank-you! Thank-you!" she said as the children all smiled and waved as they walked off the stage, the dancers twirling of the stage in great style.
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

#throwback: Swilatia

Postby Ekoz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Yohanna: Welcome back to the fortieth WorldVision Song Contest! Are you having a great time? (the crowd cheer). I said, ARE YOU HAVING A GOOD TIME? Good!

WorldVision has spanned over a season of forty editions. Each nation is here today thanks to the WorldVision forefathers of yesteryear. This edition, we will have the opportunity to take a moment back in time to revisit some of WorldVisions iconic and often un-remembered entries. Our first #throwback will be that of Swilatia and their winning entry Biało Niebieskie with 33 minutes in the seventh edition of the WorldVision Song Contest.

The official animated artwork of the bands as of yet untitled album. Copyright SBC.sw

Yohanna: The STE spoke to the SBC, Swilatia's national television broadcaster and the SBC exclusively revealed that Biało Niebieskie are releasing their eighteenth album in Swilatia within the coming months, and have maintained success and relevance within the country since their win in the seventh edition. Futhermore, Biało Niebieskie remain Swilatia's most exported and more successful act in regards to album and single sales. Excitingly, the band will re-appear at the 'Best Of' Edition held in Kishrael and Polkopia to reclaim their title. The STE were unfortunately not able to confirm whether or not the country would make a return to the WorldVision Song Contest

To be still so successful such a long time after their debut in the contest is an attestment to their talent. If I even have a quarter of their longevity, I need to ring up my doctor as soon as possible to order those botox injections pronto.(Yohanna stretches both sides of her face) (Laughing as she reads the teleprompter)Join us later on as we continue to dive back into WorldVision's rich history, but for now, it's time to face the music! Ladies and gay-ahem, I mean gentlemen, song number 22...
Last edited by Ekoz on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:25 pm

22. Kishrael - קשראל
Tabitha Shamaimah - Last Breath
תביתה שמימה - לאסת בראת

Language: English

To the Tune Of - Raluka - No Question

Tabitha Shamaimah was the first winner from Kishrael, winning the 27th edition of the WorldVision Contest some 13 years ago. After her victory she became one of Kishrael's biggest stars, and her success has continued. 13 years later she is returning both to the 'Best Of' stage while also returning to the main contest stage representing her country in the 40th edition. After her victory she rose in fame in Kishrael, having a string of successful albums and singles. With rumours of a big Kishraeli return to the competition announced, and a large national final filled with previous winners, everyone was excited about Tabitha's song, particularly because she hadn't released new music in over three years. Tabitha won the right to represent Kishrael again by beating fellow winner, Ada Gatling by just one point in the Kdam-WorldVision show. Her song, "Last Breath" keeps in with the successful theme of melancholic dance songs which have saw Kishrael top the rankings three times when employing this method. It is in this way that the song is not lyrically dissimilar to her winning entry, and thus Tabitha is hoping to recapture the hearts of the audience with something similar.

The stage begins dark as the audience cheers but then is hushed at the prospect of welcoming a former WorldVision winner to the stage, many of whom will remember her last entry fondly. Before the song starts an engine noise can be heard, with the muffled sounds of "I Realise" on in the background, as if being played from a car radio. This excites the audience and they cheer, before it dies down again, with a crashing sound being heard, and then car signals going off. The stage remains dark as Tabitha sings the first part of the song.

Try, to breathe
As the walls close in and the pain begins
No, I refuse
To be the Icarus to your blazing sun

At this the stage is illuminated, the tubes of light making a fiery colour, as the background shows a rocky landscape with a statue of a humanoid with a leopard head off in the corner. Tabitha is lying on the hood of a pink Cadillac with her eyes closed. Her make-up is done like so, and her dress is something like this (but with a halter neckline). An aerial view of her on the car is provided as she opens her eyes and sings the next part.

Drowning my sadness in vodka
But it’s not his name I cry any more
Oh baby it is yours

At this the camera changes to a frontal position and Tabitha sits up, crossing her legs and looking down the camera, holding her microphone in one hand and gesticulating to the home audience with the other. The tubes of colour begin moving in time with the music as the background too begins to show flecks of flame.

Dancing in the fire
Is the pain that I inspire
But I do not want that feeling, ‘cause I’m not doing this again
‘Cause I am singing this melody
With a very scared heartbeat
It don’t matter if it kills me, your name will not be my last breath

At the musical interlude she jumps off the car and into the centre of the stage. Four men arrive from the sides of the stage dressed in knee length brown shorts and a red turban each. They all begin dancing an elaborate dance, which involves Tabitha marching forward as they spin around her. They then stop and places their hands on her as she dramatically moves, which repels them, and they look away from her. She then marches back to the car, and gets in the driver's seat as the men leave from the view.

Time, passes by
I did not believe that it would heal me
No, I agree
Your bountiful ark has stranded me at sea
I’ve emptied out the mini bar
But it’s not his name printed on these tears
Oh baby it is yours

The camera adopts an angle whereby the background can be seen, however Tabitha remains in the foreground. She pretends to drive the car while the background moves from outside the driver-side window, giving the illusion to the audience at home that she is driving. She drives with one hand on the wheel while singing with the other. She does not break eye contact, in fact provides a cheeky wink at the end of the verse. Afterwards she gets out of the car during the small interval and walks to the side of the stage where the men come back. There she poses as she waits for the chorus to begin.

(Oh oh oh…)

Dancing in the fire
Is the pain that I inspire
But I do not want that feeling, ‘cause I’m not doing this again
‘Cause I’m singing this melody

As she sings the chorus she once again marches forward, the dancers tripping over themselves to reach her but they cannot. The background has now changed to the statue of the humanoid figure being burnt down, it's golden eyes reflecting the light, giving it a supernatural look. Tabitha sings the remainder of the chorus as she goes back to lie on the hood of the car. The camera once again adopts an aerial view as she finishes her performance by singing the final lyrics.

‘Cause I’m singing this melody
Dancing in the fire
Is the pain that I inspire…

At the finish she closes her eyes, and the camera replaces her face with the image of the burning statue's face. The screen then goes dark, as does the arena as the crowd cheer for Tabitha. A sizeable Kishraeli contingent can be heard chanting her name. As the lights in the arena come back on she stands up and smiles, waving and blowing kisses at the crowd, "Thank you Ekoz, thank you world, it's good to be back!" This leads to a slight increase in the crowd's cheering levels. Her dancers join her, and holding hands they take a bow before they jog off as the stage crew make ready for the next performance.
Last edited by Kishrael on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:32 pm

23. Wazekia
The Piano Bar - "It Pulls My Heart (Ode to Gertrude Pullman)"

Tune

The stage is dimly lit in a light purple light; over the stage is a large canopy of the same purple color. The front of the canopy is closed at first, but slowly opens to reveal Alissa Tisyzel, the lead singer of The Piano Bar on an oversized rope swing hanging from the ceiling, swinging gently back and forth to the serene music. She's wearing a short Goddess outfit. The other four members of the band are behind her wear heavy white cloaks covering up everything by the ends of their arms and their faces. She slows down on the large swing and begins to sing.

You’re the one, the WorldVision Queen
It’s always a joy, seeing you on screen
You’re perfect, a geriatric dream
Not being with us, is like having a sore knee

She gets off the swing and the canopy closes again, when it opens, Alissa is wearing a replica of Gertrude's trademark blue jumpsuit as was seen at Gertrude's first appearance in the 35th WorldVision Song Contest. She also has a new wig on and appears like a younger version of Gertrude. She walks out to the front of the stage and continues singing.

It’s not the same contest without
When I don’t see Gertrude, it pulls my heart
Ooooo without her, there is no contest
No way, No way, No way!

She lies down on the stage, with her hand over her heart and sings with pain in her voice at the idea of not seeing Gertrude in another contest. She goes to the center of the stage, to where a lounge seat has appear and lays across it.

She’s the one keeping us going
She is like aged wine
She’s telling it like it is,
Not listening to all the whines!

Alissa stands up and the canopy closes again. She continues to sing from behind the canopy as a large hovering figure appears from above.

When I stop and think, about all the young girls
Who watch this show, and they want to be you
You’ll take a whole crowd and say “everybody sucks”,
While looking them in the eye and not giving a fuuuuuuuuuck

The curtains are pushed back to reveal a massive papier-mâché effigy of Gertrude floating over the stage. It's eyes are massive and glowing with the yellow-orange vitality of the sun. The jaw drops to reveal a cannon inside that extends itself out of the mouth of the Gertrude Cannon Mark 1. Alissa holds up a huge conductors baton, giving the signal for the figures behind the stage to fire. With a massive boom, the Gertrude Cannon fires multicolored confetti into the crowd. All the pieces of confetti have the words "Thank You Gertrude!" printed on them.

The music stops and the members of the band join Alissa on stage, removing their cloaks to reveal they are wearing Gertrude outfits from her past performances. Alissa sings the last verse completely a cappella.

It’s not the same contest without
When I don’t see Gertrude, it pulls my heart
Ooooo without her, there is no contest
No way, No way, No way!

They thank the crowd and walk off the stage.
Last edited by Wazekia on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:10 pm

24-NormandyandPicardy
Orland and Senja - Magian (Magic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFYLp-r0ZVA

Orland Cissan, 32, is a major music producer, who has created a series of Top 10 and Number 1 hits for several artists, including himself and others like Senja (Full name Senja Hunna). He is well known in Normandy and Picardy, where he is also a judge on a popular talent show which has millions of viewers. He has built himself from the ground up, having lived in Avranches, the most deprived part of the country. Senja is an artist who has had a short career, but has already had many Top 10 hits, often in conjunction with people like Orland. This song has already reached 3rd on the Normand charts, having been released a week before the contest. They both love the contest, having watched it even before BNRT (formerly NPTV) started broadcasting it, and they want to show the world the Normand language, which this song is about. They are immensely proud to be representing their country together.

The stage is pitch black, so that only a white piano can be seen on the stage, although even that can only barely seen. As the music starts, first Orland, on the white piano, is illuminated, then Senja is with a glass piano. Both pianos are on the same level and almost appear to be part of he same piano. The background shows wisps of fire and there are small flurries of pyrotechnics during the opening instrumental. As the verse begins, the background changes to black and the pyrotechnics end as the lighting is set at just below a normal level, and is a dark shade of blue.

During the first verse, the background shows "Béb" when it sung, before the words disappear into the background, which had small blue points of light, like stars, on it. As Orland sings his first line, he points towards Senja, directing his singing towards her. Senja does exactly the same thing when she sings her first line. Throughout the verse, they look at eachother.

Béb, Béb, Béb, bosinale ega (Baby, baby, baby, I need)
Bosinale ega esöny (I need you)
Béb, Béb, Béb, sale ega (Baby, baby, baby, I know)
Et y'einale ega nesa (And I will be there tonight)

During the bridge section before the chorus, Senja stands up and walks towards Orland, as he continues to play. She continues looking at Orland, almost as if stalking him like a predator. She sits on the top of Orland's piano, before - at the end of this section - he stands up and hold her hand, walking with her towards the centre of the stage. The lighting gets ever so slightly brighter and it intensifies throughout this section.

Jamai lallest egöny agal (Don't let me go)
Pauquelle vais kut egan ador? (Why would I do that my love)
Poualest arral nagwé nusöny (Nothing can stop us)
Einalés aröna nusana monde (The world is ours)

As the chorus begins, the background changes to a rainbow design made of small lights, similar to this. The backing singers, who until this point had remained hidden, begin singing along with Orland and Senja. Orland and Senja stand singing in the centre of the stage, close to eachother, whilst the camera slowly pans around from their left to their right, slowly throughout their chorus.

Einalérer nusa magian ensemlé (We are magic together)
Durralait nusan ador touljotura (Our love will last forever)
Jamai laissalest egöny, einalest egan (Never leave me, be mine)
Sensalés cet come ot revan (This feels like a dream)
Justé adoralest egöny (Just love me)

Justé adoralest (Just love)

The camera now focuses on Senja, who begins singing the verse. When Orland sings his section, the camera turns to him. He has moved to the side of the stage, and as he sings he stretches his arm out towards her, almost as if yearning for her. The background and the lighting has returned to blue and to the level they were at before.

Diralén algener na poualér nusa (Some say we can't)
Adoral otaus menpras (Love each other but)
Pauquelle na einalér nusa éjaðené? (Why can't we be together?)
Öðlalérer toul iltrar (Let's forget them all)

Orland begins walking towards Senja as the bridge section takes place, as once again the lighting intensifies and becomes brighter. Eventually, he reaches her and the camera, which had been following Orland, turns around to show both him and Senja.

Jamai lallest egöny agal (Don't let me go)
Pauquelle vais kut egan ador? (Why would I do that my love)
Nagwé poualest arral nusöny (Nothing can stop us)
Ar monde einalés nusana (The world is ours)

The background and lighting goes to how it was in the first chorus. On the first line on the chorus, Orland and Senja look directly at eachother. Then, as they sing the second line they turn towards the audience and do an air grab. During the third line they both, with their bodies still face forward, turn around to see each other, and then they turn their torso around with their hands outstretched before they are again facing the audience again. Then, they both reach upwards, before moving their arms down to their sides. They then pull their arms towards their hearts.

Durralait nusan adore touljotura (Our love will last forever)

Orland disappears from the camera shot, and only Senja can be seen as she sings her high section, and the camera spins around her. The background changes to a fiery orange, and a very thin layer of smoke is seen on the stage

Béb, béb (Baby, baby)
Adorale ega esöny (I love you)
Vomale ega (I want)
Bosinale ega (I need)

There is a blast of pyrotechnics as the chorus begins once more, and for the first chorus Orland and Senja perform exactly the same routine as they did in the last chorus. However, on the final chorus, both run to the sides of the stage, trying to get the crowd involved over the first two lines - and the audience attempts to sing a version of the Normand lyrics that they can make out from the singing and that they can see on the background behind them, spelt in rainbow colours on a black background. The two then turn, point to each other, and run back towards the centre, and then they sing the last line. After that, there is a flash of pyrotechnics.

As the song ends, Senja shouts "Marci Esa MondeVis!", then Orland translates, shouting "Thank You Worldvision!" Both of them then leave the stage and preparations for the next act begin.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:50 pm

25. IZMEDU
O-BRAD ft. Andraz Adamic - Free Fall

It had become a running joke in RTI that the selection process for every WorldVision will always lead to some sort of existential crisis within the channel, and this WV is no exception. There is a lack of direction in what the entry is, no true long-term plans. In a sense, a lot of what is chosen by RTI is on the whimsy of the artists that send their song to the channel, much like it was back in WV38 and WV39, in which the channel got lucky and managed to wrung out the country's two best results from both editions. Would it work this time? From the selection pool, which seemed to erode to more miniscule numbers as Izmedu's WorldVision participation grew longer (to the point where some voices in RTI briefly considered hiring songwriters and singers from other nations), most seemed to be much more tigher packages for WorldVision that RTI had a difficult time choosing, and interestingly enough, a majority of the submitted songs were from artists that were incredibly close to transitioning over to the mainstream pop scene in Izmedu, but were just not quite there yet.

After some time of deliberation, chosen prior to the ending of WV39, RTI had internally selected O-BRAD (refusing to reveal his name and has no relation to the author of the Izmeduan WV35 and WV36 entries, Oskar Bradic), a big room house DJ famous in the Izmeduan dancehalls whose country of origin is unknown, and Andraz Adamic, one of Izmeduan pop's newest voices and attained a #2 hit with another singer, Olga Milic (who herself tried to participate in WorldVision as part of the now-absorbed territory of Zapadni but was unable to win her selection). O-BRAD had spearheaded the participation, personally asking Andraz to be part of the WorldVision project he had undertaken, and to his surprise, the younger singer had accepted to be the lead vocal of the song. Thus, the project was allowed to go full steam ahead, and O-BRAD had began to produce the song, entitled “Free Fall,” which had quite the story behind it.

The song was a recollection of O-BRAD's experience in skydiving and the sensation of fear that overcame him when the air hit his bodysuit and face. It was the first time he had allowed himself to be so close to danger and undertake such a physically and mentally draining activity. He was used to being behind the scenes, the task-master who ordered people around him to perform simple tasks. To him, simply existing and doing work, while commanding a troupe of music interns and aspiring producers, was enough to exist. It was the closest O-BRAD ever came to realizing his mortality, and that realization in him spurred the creation of the song he submitted for WorldVision.

Andraz Adamic, on the other hand, felt as if this was just another day on the job for him. It was rare that he ever wrote his own material, with his previous note-worthy song being the infamous “LARVE,” a song that was quickly building its own dodgy reputation due to its questionable music video. O-BRAD's song to Andraz's eyes was the fastest way to re-establish himself in his own terms and move away from the collaboration with Olga, while remaining true to his roots as a singer who favors dance-pop and trance. Even rarer was that Andraz ever sang a song he liked, with “Free Fall” fulfilling a sense of satisfaction. The O-BRAD production is one of the few songs that Andraz genuinely felt connected to, a rarity considering Andraz is often given songs that are chosen to be 'hits.'

The nature of O-BRAD and Andraz Adamic's interactions and relationships was made painfully clear by both of their teams that it would be temporary. Once the production of the song was concluded, only O-BRAD's public outreach team cooperated with RTI and Andraz's delegations, helping to promote the song within the nation and abroad. O-BRAD would not be on the stage, but only Andraz himself and a few other persons that the Izmeduan stage team felt necessary to enhance the song. As the last performance ended, Andraz had to shake his nerves and get out on that stage. He got up with the dancers and backup singers in tow, all of them headed towards the stage.

The stage was in total darkness at the start of the performance, with only Andraz, wearing this clothing ensemble, alone in the center. Four dancers were hidden in the stage rafters, simply waiting for their cue to go out on the stage and dance, while the two backup singers would be hidden, never to come out on stage. The song started with 30 seconds of forlorn-sounding piano, with the dance production's appearance commencing the vocals... During the piano intro, a black and white image of clouds high up in a planet's atmosphere started to appear, but the image had an artistic effect applied to it, adding a grainy texture to its quality.

A flight in the air
Dreamlike and unreal
A taste of exhiliration
Ascend...
Fear runs through me
Thoughts of the surface
Falling to my ultimate fate

A faint spotlight shone on Andraz and focused on him for the verse, with white stage lights timing themselves to the beat. Air was blowing through the stage, making his hair and coat wave about. On the screen, the image of clouds began to see its artistic effects disappear, looking more like a photograph. The lights turned off for a microsecond at 'ascend,' before returning immediately back on for 'Fear.' The camera focused on him for the rest of the verse, a cold gaze affixed to it as he sang.

So descent
It is inevitable
For we are not meant to be
Beings of the skies above
So we must
Return to our own world
Prepare yourself for the journey
Take the plunge from the heavens
We're in free fall...

The camera focus was exclusively on Andraz for the hook, with him reaching out a hand at some parts. By the end of the hook, the artistic drawing effects were completely gone from the screen image.

The lights went off as the song became silent, and slowly came back on for the electronic break. The image began to blur to the electronic melody. The lights flashed to the developing beat that occurred midway, with the pace increasing as the song reached the second part of the interlude. At the breakdown, the lights became chaotic. The screen image began to blur downwards, simulating a first person 'free fall' effect. Two dancers dressed in flight suits, harnessing down during the instrumental calm, jumped down safely and began doing a complex routine to the dance breakdown.

The dance routine consisted of the dancers invoking the image of free falling, with constant movements of the arms and body that went upwards then downwards in sudden motions that were tightly connected to the song's beat. The stage floor itself was lit up with a similar graphic that the screen was displaying, an image of what it would look like to be free falling, but the perspective was changed to one in first-person going downwards. At the last few seconds of the breakdown, the dancers gracefully fell on their stomachs and imitated free falling with the floor's screen. The camera focused on those actions before it cut to a close view of Andraz, who remained stationary during the electronic break, at the breakdown's end.

The sky is like a drug
Irresistible
Addiction to the euphoria of flight
An exodus upward
To the great beyond
But we are just wingless creatures

The lights' flashing slowed as the camera alternated between a stage-wide view and a close-up view of Andraz during the verse, and returned to a pace that followed the song's beat. At 'euphoria of flight,' the lights went dark and the camera focused on Andraz's cold gaze. The screen remained in perpetual 'free fall.' During the fourth line, when the lights returned back to their rhythmic pulses, he motioned a free hand upwards, before jerking it down at the end of the verse's final line, accelerating the free fall effect on the screen.

So descent
It is inevitable
For we are not meant to be
Beings of the skies above
So we must
Return to our own world
Prepare yourself for the journey
Take the plunge from the heavens

Andraz's cold look began to dissipate at the final reprise of the hook, though defeat was evident in expression, he motioned downwards to the ground at the hook's end, looking up immediately right after, a look of fear in his face as if he himself were falling down. The production had less beats for the hook's second half compared to earlier, prepping the song for its endgame.

We're in free fall, fall, fall
This is free fall, fall, fall
Feel the sensation of elation
Bliss in free fall
We're in free fall, fall, fall
This is free fall, fall, fall
Feel the sensation of elation
Bliss in free fall...

The lights remained shining through this chorus as the production took a backseat. Andraz held one arm out as the camera got an angle which transposed him to the screen, making it look like if Andraz himself was in free fall, reaching out. At the end, he retracted the arm, looking down as if he had accepted his own fate...

The song built to up to the final breakdown, the lights flashing about randomly slowly and erupting to a sea of lights projected about at random directions. Two more dancers in flight suits appeared from the rafters harnessing down during the buildup and jumping down at the song's final breakdown, joining the other two that appeared earlier.

The four dancers and Andraz together performed a more strenous version of the routine earlier, and the floor was lit up the 'free fall' first-person graphic from earlier. Two dancers, when more beats were added to the breakdown, fell to their bellies and made it look as if they were in free fall. The camera switched to a bird's eye angle to catch that as Andraz and the two other dancers continued the routine, remaining tight and controlled despite additional movements being added in. At the end of the song, Andraz and the two dancers 'fell' to the stage's floor as the lights went dark...

Andraz stood up right after, a slight smile on his face as he stared at the cheering crowd. “Thank you,” he said, before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:39 pm

26 MISSUS X

Rick Leg - "I Really Need The Loo (Sponsored By MSX)".
Tune: Electro Velvet feat. Birds Eye - "Still In Love With Birds Eye Potato Waffles (They're Waffly Versatile!)".

The music starts, and from the left, Rick enters, alongside five people dressed up as toilets. All of a sudden, the lights are turned off, and at the same time, lights on the right hand side are turned on, showing a sponsor with a huge "MSX" logo.

MSX Television,
It's fucking brilliant,
It shows WorldVision, sport, Music telly, game shows, game shows, yeah,
24 hours a day,
Every day,
Every day,
MSX Television,
It's fucking brilliant.

All of a sudden, the lights on the right are turned off, and the lights on the left come back on, showing Rick looking constipated, and Rick begins to sing.

Well... I don't like curries,
I don't like lamb chops,
I don't like meaty food,
It makes me wanna really shit,
I'll get diarrhoea,
And spend all night here,
Take good care when I'm not there,
I really need the loo.

And when I'm on the bog,
I shit like a big dog,
I don't like curries,
They're really, really, really shit,
Hope there's a window
'Cause I need to let it go,
No need to hear when I'm not here,
I really need the loo.

With other food, I don't need the loo,
But right now, I really need to poo,
You must be wise and realise
Don't feed me anything with meat in,

'Cause I'll need to go soon,
So I can show off my moon,
I really need the loo.

And now, the lights switch to the other side again...

MSX Television,
MSX Television,
MSX Television,
It's fucking brilliant.

And the lights come back...

Don't run out of paper,
I'll need some later,
I need to have a shit,
Then my arse needs to be hit,
Won't be out tonight, mum,
I'm totally shat, mum,
No need to peer when I'm not here,
I really need the loo - oh, yes!!

This time, the lights stay on, as Rick pretends to shit on one of the toilet costumes, but the right hand lights come on too.

MSX Television,
It's fucking brilliant,
It shows WorldVision, sport, Music telly, game shows, game shows, yeah,
24 hours a day,
Every day,
Every day,
MSX Television,
It's fucking brilliant.

The lights on the right go off.

A, E, I, O, U, U, U, U,
E, A, E, A, O, U, U, U
I, E, O, U, A, A, A,
E, E, E, (irritable vowel syndrome)
A, A, A, O, U, U,
A, E, I, A, A, O, U, U,
A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A,
E, E, E, E...

I don't want yet another curry
'Cause it sounds just like an "E"
And I'll get irritable vowel syndrome,
And I'll run off to the toilet, baby.

Oh shit, there I go again,
I've got quite a good bend,
No need to peer when I'm not here,
I really need the loo.

You have a fun time,
Hoover up cocaine lines,
But if you see a sign,
Hold you nose, I'm gonna blow.

I need air freshener,
I'll shit a Christmas tree,
I really need the loo.
I really need the loo.
I really need the loo...

And Rick's arse explodes. Shit flies everywhere. A strong stench hangs around for the next contestant.
Last edited by Missus X on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum Diplomatic Offices » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:36 pm

27. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES

Song: The Best WorldVision Medley Ever!
Aritist: Gertrude Pullman
Tune: Sorry for the jarring transitions, so ignore it. Here it is. Recommended that you use a desktop computer/laptop and not a tablet or phone (unsure if it works on them). Source songs, parodies and originals are below:

Polkopia's Through the Darkness and tune: AMBER - Warrior
Todlichebujoku's Take me Away and tune: Tiesto - Light Years Away
Russadonia's The Trouble with Faking and tune: Marina and the Diamonds - How to be a heartbreaker
Izmedu's Illusion and tune: Lindsey Stirling - Shatter me
Polkopia's Galobaya Ceri and tune: Annalisa - Una Finestra tra le Stelle

Gertrude Pullman walks on stage.

You know what multiverse, time and again you have constantly not voted for my entries! I am sick and tired of that, and I know it's the youths that aren't voting for me! Foolish youths, if you love your blabblepoprock so much, then fine! Have all the popular music in the world! I am going to be singing the past five winning songs that have stolen their victories from me, so that finally, I will win this edition of WorldVision, and I will prove to you all that I am the very best singer there is! In fact, this contest should be called GertrudeVision in my honour.

Try this for a mixtape which combines all the part-songs into a playlist. Works best on the computer, not sure on phones. Please telegram me to tell me how it went. (For some reason the Polk-Tod transition is particularly jarring, so ignore any weird noises you hear). If you are going by the youtube route, then the first box correponds to the first song (WV35), second with the second (WV36) and so forth.

Gertrude Pullman walks up to the stage -- and the curtains which were there are pulled up. Hot, half-naked men (akin to Russadonia's video) are strapped to chairs all around in a circle. She is wearing a leather outfit, a sleep mask and is holding a strap in her hand. At the end of the first paragraph, she pulls the sleep mask off and starts whipping the men with her strap. When gruel is first mentioned, a whole batch of gruel falls onto the men, and onto the audience, and she licks each one.

0:21-1:16 in the source video
Need to remove my cataracts
Blind to the multiverse's hate

Why can't they give us any points
Why can't the youth just listen
Come have some gruel with me

And now it's rotten
This hate I don't deserve
And now I understand why
And now I hate

She then unstraps each of the men, and three of them form a human chair. She sits on them, lays back, and gets a foot rub. Her feet look horrible and smell revolting, with the smell wafting towards the audience, some faint. She tickles some of them with a strap, and she whips some of the others. When she says the last line of the verse (take me away...), a contingent of security guards, all elderly women, appear in the stands, and hit the audience with batons and tasers.

0:45-1:16 in the source video
So I close my eyes and unleash wrath
It's now time for some pay back
Unless you want to give me a foot rub
I guess now I'm not the hack

I'm asking how, I'm asking why
Please, let us fool around
Take me away, take me away, away, with you

She pushes herself off the manchair and starts yelling at the audience. At the very same time, for no apparent reason, a bunch of Santa Clices, a twenty-piece marching band and a menagerie of circus animals storm the stage. She takes off her costume to reveal (an allusion to the impropriety song) a patient's gown (it'll make sense next verse)

1:41-2:25 in the source video
That's the trouble with society
This song is just sickening
They all have impropriety
Singing the ba-ba-bad songs

That's the trouble with society
This song is just sickening
They all have impropriety
Singing the ba-ba-bad songs, source of society's wrongs

Singing the ba-ba-bad songs

She then lies on a table, a medical team with defibrillators and other assorted medical machinery are carted in, with the twenty-piece band still continuing the song. The petting zoo of animals are then released onto the audience, with lambs, chickens and gorillas intermingling with the audience. They perform a live blood transfusion, putting blood in her body, but before they can finish, she stands up with the blood bag in her hand, waving it around, not noticing the dripping blood on the floor. She continues to sing.

3:33-4:17 in the source video
Helpless against the youth
In an ageist society
Pierce my arm and give me a blood transfusion
Winners should be drowned
In a place with no escape
That will heal my coronary occlusion...

In the big finale, fireworks explode, and gruel is poured from the ceiling, splattering everyone on the crowd. The dung from the petting zoo slips up the entire band, and the conductor falls onto the person on front, who falls on the next person, causing a human domino, they all fall into the crowd. The animals, hearing the noise bolts in all directions. Gertrude Pullman gets a few handbags from the Santa Clauses, and throws them into the audience (the Santas joining in) as a 'gesture of goodwill'. In reality, some people are knocked out, as they contain zinc bars, which are virtually useless but heavy, and really heavy fake zirconia diamonds.

2:56-3:36 in the source video
What's this, another Polkopian song?
It's time for new change!
It's time for me to win!
Just F.U multiverse!
Redirect your votes to me!

Why won't the young men ever touch me?
It doesn't end in tears
Past all the grey is a sweet lady!
Handbags for everyone!
And a sweet ending for all!

She bows and then yells at them. "You'll better vote for me! All the things in this act came out of my purse!"
Last edited by Electrum Diplomatic Offices on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Manager of Electrum Commerce: co-owner of Air Terranea, co-owner of Dream Games (thread) and manages the Electrum Airports Authority
Shocking at WorldVision
Electrum Statistics Office and Electrum Embassy Programme

The Free City of Rouen
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free City of Rouen » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:10 am

28 - The Free City Of Rouen
PFW - Party WorldVision!

Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7OdPzTb1Q

BNRT, through BNRT Rouen, agreed to allow Rouen the chance to compete at WorldVision 40 so that the region, which has many devolved powers, could represent themselves on the world stage. Understanding that WorldVision is not supposed to be about politics, they decided not to send an entry about politic; there has been previous plans to send a song about how Rouen has been 'oppressed' by the Normand Government. Instead, they gathered 4 brilliant Rouennaise personalities (from the left: Michel Garin, Suzy Esphela, Martina Esnan and Marc Osnabrua), to create PFW (Party For WorldVision). There message is simple; just party and be yourself, and don't be held back by your problems. They want to just go out and enjoy themselves, and they hope the audience enjoy it just as much as they do.

The stage is dark as the set is prepared for the event. The audience wait in anticipation for the act, and as they wait there is much talking amongst each other - however, this is just normal. Suddenly, the song begins. The first time Party is shouted by all four of the members, two of them - Michel and Martina - are illuminated by spotlights. The same happens the second time, but this time, Suzy and Marc are illuminated. As the main song begins, the entire stage is illuminated, and all four begin to cruise slowly, in a very laid back manner towards the centre of the stage. Marc is playing the guitar. The two men and the two women alternate in their singing during the verse.

Party!
Party!

Just let yourself free
Just let yourself go
Don't feel oppressed
Just be yourself
I don't really care
Who you claim to be
But join me now
Join me and party

The lights begin to intensify and slowly become lighter and lighter in its tone, from dark blue to a lighter version, although not totally light blue - something like this. The four singers, swaying along to the music, come towards the front of the stage.

Don't let those who want to make you feel down
Make you feel dejected
Just leave all your problems behind
And party, just be free

As the chorus begins, streamers and other similar things shoot out from the stage and into the audience, who have burst into that typical sort of bouncing up-and-down 'dance' that audiences tend to do for this sort of thing. The lights flash to the beat and change colour in a rainbow palette of colours.

Party WorldVision!
Lose yourself to dance
Just feel free to party, come on
Party WorldVision!
Let your inhibitions go
Come and party, party all night

Party
Party

As the music calms down, the lights stop flashing and return to being dark blue. PFW, standing at the front of the stage, continue to sing and play along with the song. The last word at the end of every sentence is shown on the background in large, bold, coloured lettering. The lettering changes each time. The cameras filming this live for audiences at home pan around the four singers, getting different views of them throughout the verse.

When you are feeling down
Or feeling all alone
Just come to me
And I'll make you free
From your chains
That hold yor in fear
Of being different
Of trying to break free

Again, the lights begin to intensify and change, not just their tone, but their colour, from dark blue to red; not a scary red, but rather 'disco red'. They continue their rhythmic swaying, which they have doing through

They will tell you sit there like a good child
But don't listen to them
Rise and join us in the march to freedom
Found in music and in dance

As the chorus begins once again, more streamers are released into the audience, and the lights on the stage become like this, but in different colours. The background shows "PARTY" on it, inviting the audience to recommence their up-and-down bobbing dance.

Party WorldVision!
Lose yourself to dance
Party WorldVision!
Let your inhibitions go

Party
Party

Party!

As the music slows down, the lights become darker and the cameras focus on Marc and Michel, who are standing in the middle of a blue spotlight. They sing directly into the cameras, as if talking straight to the audience. As the music begins to speed up again, the lighting intensifies and changes colour as it does so. The backing vocals in this section are provided by the two women, Suzy and Martina. As this section reaches its end, the lights have changing colours and have stopped intensifying, lest someone's eyes melt. However, they have returned to that some shade of red from earlier. "PARTY" again appears on the background, itself changing colour.

When you feel alone and like no one cares
You can do something about it
Don't feel like you have to sit and cry
Just come on and party
Come on and party (Party! Party!...)
Come on and party (Party! Party!...)
Come on and Party (Party! Party!...)
Party (x6)

As the chorus begins in a quieter manner to the first two, the lyrics are shown on the background so that the audience can sing along; a service they happily do. The group do a good job of corralling members of the audience to sing along. The lights change colour to the beat, between red and blue. Then, as the chorus returns to how it was, balloons are dropped onto the audience, which they do a good job of bouncing around and generally having fun with. The lighting continues to change colours, but now every half beat, and strobe lighting is also used. The entire stadium fills with the party spirit which PFW had hoped to bring.

Party WorldVision!
Lose yourself to dance
Party WorldVision!
Let your inhibitions go
Party WorldVision!
Lose yourself to dance
Party WorldVision!
Let your inhibitions go

Party
Party

We've had a good time

As the song ends, the lighting returns to normal and the members of PFW thank the audience. For them, their mission has been achieved.
Last edited by The Free City of Rouen on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 am

29 FRANCILIE

Song Coming Back
Artist Lisa Kühn
Language English
Tune Maria Olafs - Unbroken

Tonight, Lisa Kühn wears this outfit.

On the stage, there is darkness. No effect, no beams. But Lisa is in the middle of the stage.

I'm coming back.
Back to the start
With a whole new world to brave.

I'm coming back.
With thrill in my heart
And the road of my success to pave.

Lisa moves her right hand. A golden path on the screen follows her hand.

I'm free.
Free.

On the screen behind Lisa, the sun rises and a mountainous landscape appears, at dawn. The screen where Lisa is is covered on gold and black squares.

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !
To rise like the sun at dawn !

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !
With no shoulder to lean on !

I'm back on track !
Coming back !

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

Now, the dawn is done and it's the morning. The gold and black squares disappear and a golden halo is around Lisa.

I'm coming back.
With other bags to pack.
To a new destiny !

I'm free.
Free.

The gold and black squares reappear.

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

I'm back on track !
Coming back !

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

The stage is totally dark again, apart from 2 light beams that lands on Lisa.

I'm free.
Free.

The light beams are gone, and the landscape reappears, except this time this landscape is golden. The screen where Lisa is is also golden.

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

I'm back on track !
Coming back !

I'm coming back !
Back to the start !

Lisa : Thanks Rokkestaat ! Merci !
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

Gaciadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaciadia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:44 am

The Plurinational Republic of GACIADIA
Pluurisasi GACIADIrebubliki
Luula - Anymore

Tune: Sanni - Me ei olla enää me

Luulaida Eistraame, also known as Luula, is the Gaki representative for this edition of WorldVision. Aged 19, is one of the youngest singers who have a successful career. She promptly started singing when she was 9, winning some of the most important contest in this area. As soon as she was 16, she released her very first album, in which we could see Luula's version for national and international pop, rock and metal hits.
This versatile singer wants to give a boost for her career, because now, she realises it is stagnated. She sees WorldVision as the perfect opportunity.
We also talked about her song for WV. As she says: It will reflect the feeling when you are broken-hearted. This is a very personal, toxic experience I had, but, fortunately, now I can share the "wisdom" I now have. Talking about the tune, it is very energetic, and the performance will be amazing!

The stage begins dark, only the tubes are on, which illuminate it weakly, but enough to see what's going on. The LED screen is totally white. Grey shades fill the stage now, as if it all was black and white When the camera focus directly on the stage, we can see Luula, whose purple hair removes all doubts. She is lying on the floor, wearing this black attire, and behind her, there is a whole band (2 guitarists, a bassist and a drummer) covered by a huge, clear, plastic sheeting
As she starts to sing, feathers begin to fall over the stage. Meanwhile, the band remains quiet. The only sounds are the voice of Luula and the recording.
Winter strikes me again like it did,
but now I can see I was not the real me.
I can be beautiful even if I'm hurt,
but you won't have the joy to see me stand.

Luula stood up when she was singing about rising and now, still with the covering, the band begins to play. Luula is being very expressive with her movements, trying to represent with her hands and moves what she is sing. All lights are now twinkling, even brighter when the bass is heard
Even the most great empires fall
I won't attend your call as I used anymore
You have hurt my feeling enough
and for you I have left behind the girl I was
just to make you show the world my flaws
but I am warning you that I'm changing the way I see this world
and I am shouting that I'm growing in strength
No one will stop this girl now
'cuz I'm showing the world who I am

Now, Luula is sat on the floor, simulating the tiredness of this toxic relationship. The band suddenly stop playing, but the recording keeps playing. All spotlights are focusing on her, while the LED screen remains totally white and the light tubes around the stage are just white, like at the beginning of the performance
I haven't done this because of the fear to fail
But now I'm turning this night into a day
We can simply choose what's going to be next
Despite what he said, this is not fate

When sing about changing the night into day, she stands up, with her head down, not moving at all. Preparing for the chorus, the lights suddenly illuminate all the stage, beating as one with the music. Also, in those moments (in which the lights are twinkling, and the bass is heard), Luula hits a drum, which was hidden inside the sheeting
Uhhh~ Uhhh~ UhhAhh~
Anymore
Uhhh~ Uhhh~ UhhAhh~

After saying Anymore, Luula removes the sheeting, and now all the components of the band are visible. When the music slows down, all of them stand up, looking at Luula, who is standing still in the centre of the stage, looking some photos she has taken. Apparently, in them, a couple could be seen
All I could feel, the darkness I was in
now it's the time for my life to begin

As the last word is pronounced, she breaks all of the photos. Besides, flares now surround the stage, which make the dominant colour of the stage change from black and white to orange. The LED screen changes too: now it shows a video of photos burning, symbolizing the memories that are left behind. Luula is singing very intensely, and we can see the effort the band is putting. She goes from one edge to the other of the stage.
Uhhh~ Uhhh~ UhhAhh~
Anymore
Uhhh~ Uhhh~ UhhAhh~ (A-a-ahh)
Uhhh~ Uhhh~ UhhAhh~ (A-a-ahh)
Uhhh~ Uhhh~ UhhAhh~

Before this last chorus ends, she stands in the middle of the stage, and puts her head down. The band just stop play, with their heads down too. The final beats make the lights twinkle with them.

Finally, Luula says: "Eisamee WorldVision! Thanks Rokkestaat!
Last edited by Gaciadia on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
THE PLURINATIONAL REPUBLIC OF GACIADIA
GAZIADIA UICAMAANE REBUBLICI

[align=center]
20, Male, INTP

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:11 am

31. KRYTENIA
Jamie Nieri - "Can't Live Without You"

The house lights go down, bringing the place into darkness. As the music starts, a spotlight shines on Jamie, sitting at his piano. Two backing singers stand behind.

We were the perfect two,
Forever me and you,
And always.

Can't get you out my mind,
Our hearts were intertwined,
Together ee-every day;

Nobody said that it was easy,
I never thought that you could leave me,
Baaaay-by:

And I always thought I was the one for you,
No matter what, we'd always come on through,
Whoa-oa-oa.
But now that you're gone I don't know what to do,
'Cause I can't live without you,
Nooo-oh-oh.

My heart has turned to rain,
It's hard to breathe again,
I'm dying.

I tell you I'm OK (I'm OK..),
Although you went away,
In truth I'm ly-ying:

And I can feel that it's not easy,
I can't believe that you could leave me,
Baaaay-by:

Whoa-oa-oa.
Nooo-oh-oh.

I haven't stopped crying since you said goodbye,
I don't understand the reasons why,
(I don't know why you had to go)
It hurts to admit no matter how i try,
(aaah-ah-ah)
I can't survive now I'm alone.

Whoa-oa-oa.
Nooo-oh-oh.

The last note plays, and the spotlights abruptly switch off as the note reverberates into the darkness.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titaniumland » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:51 am

32 TITANIUMLAND
Marina Bre - "Hide (Setia)"
Brequette - "Mas (Run)"

Regular means Marina sings it alone
Italic means the backing singers sing it without Marina
Bold means Marina sings with the backing singers

Marina Bre, born 20 years ago, is the winner of The Voice Titaniumland, coached by Merida Philips. Her first single, "All the Time", topped the TCC Hot 150 for consecutive five weeks. It sold 500,000 copies and was certified Gold by TCC. Marina Bre is chosen by TNT for representing Titaniumland in the 40th edition of WSC.

Marina is seen wearing this dress (OOC: Just pretend it's a white dress). She is accompanied by a couple of contemporary dancers, a violinist and a drummer. She is seen standing behind of a standing microphone.

The stage turns dark. The crowds cheer her name. The violinist starts playing the violin, then she starts to sing the first verse. The dancers start dancing. The projectors start highlighting Marina's dress with this color/pattern. Smoke fills up the stage and the camera focuses on her full body.
0:00-0:19
I've been through my life with you
And I'm so blessed with that
As long as you're near me, I'll be okay-kay
The feeling, it slowly showed, is this called love?
I realized, I need you in a different way

The lights are still dim. Marina starts singing the pre-chorus. She does body language.
0:20-0:30
I think I will hide it
Don't ever think to show it
Afraid you'll disappear and leave me alone

Suddenly, Marina's dress is changing its color to this. She sings the chorus beautifully. Drums and violin dominate the music of the chorus.
0:31-1:04
Fallin' in love with you
Please don't ask me why
My heart beats so fast, when I'm near you
You hold my hand and we act like lovers
I feel in a different way, not like you do
I think I will hide it, hide, hide, hide from you
Oh, I will hide it, hide, hide this feeling from you

As the stage is turning bright, Marina's dress is changing its color to this. She starts singing the second verse.
1:05-1:14
Sudah berulang kali kau sakitiku
Ku sabar hadapi kenyataan ini
Back to 1:05-1:14
Hatiku pun tak sanggup tuk tahan perihnya
Tapi ku kan tetap cinta padamu

You have hurt me for many times
I keep patient to face this reality
My heart can't stand the sore
But I will always love you

Marina starts singing the pre-chorus in Bahasa Indonesia. She becomes emotional. She sheds tears a little.
1:15-1:25
Lupakan histori
Tatap saja ke depan
Ku berikanmu kesempatan

Forget all the past
Just look for the future
I'll give one more chance

Marina starts singing the chorus. The dress color changes into this. Drums and violin dominate the music of the chorus. She does body language like waving her body.
1:25-1:58
Kau tak rasakan
Pedihnya sakit
Tapi ku kan setia
Setia, setia
Kau lukai aku
Berulang kali
Tapi ku kan setia
Setia, setia
Aku kan setia kepadamu
Aku kan setia kepadamu

You don't feel
How much it hurts
But I'll be faithful
Faithful, faithful
You hurt me
So many times
But I'll be faithful
Faithful, faithful
I will keep my faith to love you
I will keep my faith to love you

The stage is suddenly blacked-out. There is no light on stage. Suddenly, drums strike and the stage turns bright. Marina's dress is seen blown away. Marina sings it powerfully and reached the high note. Audience cheers for Marina.
2:10
Fallin in love with you
Pedihnya hati
My heart beats so fast when I'm near you
Kau lukai aku
We act like lovers
I feel in a different way not like you do
Aku kan setia kepadamu
I think I will hide it, hide, hide this feeling from you

Marina shouts "Thank you Rokkestaat!". The violinist, the drummer and the dancers walk closer to Marina, holding hands, and bow for the audiences. Marina is well known as one of the most humblest entertainers in Titaniumland.
Last edited by Titaniumland on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Former Ekozian Colony of Milea
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Ekozian Colony of Milea » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:37 am

33. Former Ekozian Colony of Milea
Mia Anariellen - Time To Shine

Mia Anariellen, 25, represents the tiny Island nation of Milea, officially the Former Ekozian Colony of Milea with a population of only around 160,000. Mia studies at the International School of Music in Milea City, the islands capital. Her trip to Rokkestaat will be her first time off of the Island. This will be FEC Milea's first international competition as a sovereign state.

Mia stands on a circular podium in the centre of the stage. She is wearing a long silver sequinned dress Before the music starts, the crowd let out an almighty cheer, representing Ekoz's support of Mia and Milea. She smiles, and looks directly into the camera as she starts to sing.

For so long, it was dark
Until the age of our rebirth

Shine a light
Shine it bright,
Join our hands,

As the chorus begins, the camera pans away from Mia and spins around the arena before panning directly back onto Mia. The lighting shines from the podium outwards, in a spotlight style. Mia raises her arms as the beat kicks in.

This is our time to shine,
Our time to fly so high,
There's nothing we can't do, we're finally free,
As we strive to our destiny..

The camera pans to the side of Mia. She proudly smiles directly into the camera as she sings. As Mia sings "Shine a light" The camera pans from behind Mia showing her back and the audience. Milean, Ekozian and world flags are seen waving.

A new dawn, a fire is born,
Achieving feats yet still unknown

Shine a light
Shine it bright,
Join our hands,

As the second chorus starts, a choir of singers are seen forming around Mia. They are wearing white gospel uniforms. They sway in time to the music.

Our time to fly so high,

After Mia sings ''destiny'' the lighting changes. The camera zooms in on Mia who puts the microphone back onto its stand. She takes in a deep breath before each ''ooh''

Oooh-oh-oh,
Ohhh
Ohhhh
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

On the final 'Ohhh', the stage and arena goes dark and silent. A few moments later, the stage ignites in a bright white colour. A wind machine is focused directly on Mia. As the chorus of choir singer surround Mia, a pyrotechnic shower falls at the back of the stage. Mia sings proudly and passionately.

Our time to fly so high,

Our time to shine
Last edited by Former Ekozian Colony of Milea on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Southern Dreamplanet
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Dreamplanet » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:06 am

34-Southern Dreamplanet
Quando e que me adoras? (When Do you love me?)
Julie Roberts making a comeback, this time, in Portuguese and English, After her failiure in WV37 she decided to have one more shot, if she qualified and did better, she would retire with history.
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkPaUBlXnQ
[spoiler]As she steps in, the lights go dim. (Note: translation is in the brackets)
0:45
Não pensei, não pensei... (I didn't think, i didn't think...)
E pagei pelo os meus erros. (And i paid for my mistakes.)
And now i miss you dearly.
0:54
E espero que te lembres... (And i hope that you remember...)
That i love you...
1:01
Nos campos de sol! (On the fields of sun!)
Nos amava-mos um ao outro... (We Loved each-other...)
And i hope that you remember...
Even after all we've been through!!!
The lights go bright and clear
1:11
Quando e que me adoras? (When Do you love me?)
Por-que sinto a tua falta! (Because i miss you!) (Por-que sinto a tua falta.) (Because i miss you.)
1:25
When will we be ok?
I want to know!
A minha unica esperança e que nos ficamos bem! (My only hope is that we be ok!)
1:47
Mas eu sei... (But i know)
Que eu fui irritante... (That i was annoying)
And we broke up...
But i want to be together again.
I don't like the war we've gone through!
2:11
Quando e que me adoras? (When do you love me?)
I Want us to be together again!
We were both dumb, we didn't have to go through this!
We both did our mistakes, but they can be fixed through love!
It doesn't have to be this way!!!
2:25
Quando e que me adoras? (When do you love me?)
Isto não era perçiso (This wasn't needed.)
E so esmagou o amor... (And it only crushed love...)
Eu não sei o que acconteçeu! (I don't know what happened!)

as the stage goes dark, a spotlight follows Julie as she walks around the stage.
2:40
I want to know!
And i'd like it to be alright again!
Because this was bad,
And we can fix it!
Mas quando e que me adoras? (But when do you love me?)

As she leaves, the cheers go up, and then comes the next act.
Last edited by Southern Dreamplanet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Associated Godlands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Associated Godlands » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:28 pm

35. Associated Godlands
Choir of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Praise the Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord

He is our Lord and Savior
He is also the son of God
His word should be obeyed by all
He loves everyone unless they're gay
He is the Lord and Savior
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Tomorrow, we go to the streets
So Lordie, let me picket with a sign in one hand
And the good book in the other (Amen)
So should somebody use logic agains me
About gays
Or about abortion
I will counter their logic with excerpts from
the word of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Amen)

I don't know much about the bible
But I do know that being gay is a sin
And I do know
to praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Last edited by Associated Godlands on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puppet of San Llera
Praise The Lord And Savior Jesus Christ!!!
Ruled by God and his sapient mouthpiece, Queen Phelps Roper
This nation (obviously) does not represent my actual opinions

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:35 pm

36. San Llera

San Llera's entry to the WorldVision Song Contest will be "Bygones" by the Sentient 5

I’m sorry to the world (Ooh)
I have changed
Sorry that I killed that man
That me was a different man

I am different

The world loves drama, and drama doesn’t love me
The media ambushes like they want to fight me
They need to back off a little, and let me explain
I evolved
I don’t want anybody to feel no pain
Let them know that I regret the mistakes I’ve made
My public sorrow ain’t a façade
I regret things, how many times should I say that?
You can’t punish me again, I’ve already served that
You don’t listen to me, realize my oppression
Can’t go anywhere, no sympathy for my depression
So I couldn’t handle my aggression
I can now, so let bygones be bygones

I have changed

I am different

Jesus said to forgive and forget
You like repeating it
But not carrying it out
This will hang over me, hang over me forever
Don’t have to throw a banquet for me but please don’t hate forever
Society

Society hates me, society berates me
All I can do is lay here and wait out the storm
You’re all so cold, why can’t you be warm?
I can dream about a future where bygones are bygones
Bygones are bygones, I hope bygones can be bygones forever
Bygones, bygones forever, bygones forever?
Forgiving never seemed so hard from the cell
I was taught my lesson, so shouldn’t all be well?
My intentions are now good I wish I could
Go back in time to fix it as I should
I think of him, I think of the family
Asking why I did what I did
Prayed to God so much I need knee pads
Yes I can understand why y’all are mad
But now I’m out and everything’s cool
At least I thought so, but I am a fool

I have changed

I am different

Look at the way you treat me
I’m a man like all of you else
We all make mistakes
And I was sent to prison for mine
You are relentless, I’m trying to ride this thing on out
But I can’t when you’re putting words in my mouth.
I know how it’s like to perpetrate cruelty, no mercy,
Inhumanity, insanity, we’re both doing the same thing
What about the bygones? What about the bygones?
Let’s let bygones be bygones and we can all get the hell on

I have changed

I am different

I have changed

I am different
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:23 am

37 MISTER X

Filius Deorum - "You're Not Such A Nice Guy".
Tune: Divine - "You Think You're A Man"

Filius Deorum is a man, who, like a good wine, is getting better with age. His dapper looks in direct contrast with his fit athlete's body, Filius, tonight, is wearing a black suit with a bow tie, with about 20 shirtless male dancers behind him, evenly spaced apart, in about three rows deep, each wearing sparkly turquoise trousers, white trainers, and dark glasses. Filius is standing with his back to the audience, as the lights turn on, the music begin, and the dancers begin to make flamboyant manoueveurs.

(Oi!)
(Oi!)

As soon as the lyrics in earnest lyrics start, Filius jumps around and faces the audience.

Turn around,
Don't leave this room now and listen to me now,
Turn around,
And tell me why you're going to leave me one more time.
Then go away,
If you don't like me then I say you've got to go,
Yes, go away,
If you don't love me then you can run away,
Without me,
'Cause you've left once and for all,
Excuse me, yes, you've just pissed me off...

During the chorus, the dancers then proceed to converge on Filius, walking towards him and crouching around him, joining in with the song.

You're not such a nice guy, you've got to go now.
You're not such a nice guy, I hate the way you growl.
You're not such a nice guy 'cause I was left here,
You weren't nice enough to buy me a beer.

During the instrumental, Filius and the dancers walk towards the back of the stage in one long horizontal line, before turning around and singing from the back of the stage.

And when you go,
You need to turn out all the lights from the room,
Yes, you must go,
And at this rate I will not have long to go, soon,
If you come back,
I'll just tell you to turn around and go away,
So don't come back,
As I hate you and you hate me, you cannot tell me what to say,
I won't care if you sleep in hay,
Excuse me, yes, you've annoyed me today...

This time, the dancers move towards the sides and down into the audience, as Filius moves towards the front of the stage.

After the dancers finish socialising in the audience, Filius moves towards the back of the stage, and the dancers all dance facing him during the instrumental, as if the dancers are the audience at a nightclub. Then, as the chorus begins again, the section of the stage Filius is standing on rises, raising him above the rest of the dancers, further enhancing this "nightclub" setting.

The dancers start trying to catch Filius' attention, but he isn't listening, and they continue dancing.

(Oi, oi!)
(Oi, oi!)
(Oi, oi!)

Filius shouts to the audience and they all get up and dance to the final chorus.

You weren't nice enough to buy me a beer!

The dancers stop, and the crowd go into a rupterous applause. "Thank you", says Filius, and he and the dancers proceed of the stage. :clap:
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:48 am

[redacted]
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:11 am

TRTOne Commentary - 40th Worldvision Song Contest, Live from Rokkestaat, Ekoz

TRTOne Official Worldvision Theme

Florence: Why that is TRTOne's theme music, we will never know...

Matt: Hush, the show's starting...

Last edited by Talvezout on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:38 pm

39. _Tödlichebujoku_

Glow

Kiraya

A well-established pop star, Kiraya (modeling her WV performance outfit in the picture) is well-known in many nations beyond Tödlichebujoku. Her distinctive voice and unabashedly catchy style have attracted attention across worlds- her Sinun Valintasi entry, and now WorldVision 40 entry "Glow" combines her innocent voice with a mischevious tone in a way that captured fans from far and wide. A longtime fan of WorldVision, Kiraya has been extremely excited with being able to enter the contest herself and performing with her talented team of backup dancers, who have been with her from the beginning. While Shichirou Huber placed second and wasn't able to enter, the strong result inspired him to work on a musical project with one of the nation's broadcasters, though details are scant.

Having been heartened by the strong result in WV39 for Valtimo and LUMI, TÖBUK decided to declare the second Sinun Valintasi national final with a lineup of acts that seers and critics described as "better" than the previous one. The winner, Kiraya with "Glow", ended up fitting the broadcaster's vision of Tödlichebujoku's follow-up entry very well and greatly satisfied the board with the final performance rehearsal. However, the international audience is much less predictable; will Kiraya's song make their hearts "Glow" as well?

The stage flashes blue, then a background of pink and purple rhythmically pulsing squares starts with the music. Kiraya and her backing dancers are seen standing still as silhouettes against the background screen. The spotlights illuminate Kiraya and the dancers just before she sings her first lines
Fingers trailing down your breast
Our lips are locked within a burning fire
I love your moves like no one else
Never thought I'd climb much higher

The floor screen shows a purple laser-like animation, as Kiraya shows the camera her best set of bedroom eyes while suggestively though subtly gyrating
You can act all sexy, hot and sweet like you've been there
But you know that every time you touch me I don't care
We're not angels here to cleanse the world of sin
But when I see your eyes I rise to the heavens

The lights brighten, and the background screen shows an animation of a pulsing golden wall of floodlights, while the floor screen shows a spinning fiery spiral. As the dancers whirl about her, Kiraya belts out the next lines
Take me down so fast, oh it feels so right
When you hold me close, we can flee the night
You make my world glow...

The floor shows a more radiant, golden version of the previous laser-like animation. Kiraya and her backing dancers do a synchronized dance as the whistles begin
Glow

Glow

With the chorus, she and her dancers turn and point to the audience
Glow

Glow

The lights dim back, the floor screen animation fades away, and the background screen shows a different bank of rhythmically pulsating lights. The dancers slow down and do a low dance along the floor around Kiraya as she sings, looking out with a mixture of loss and wistfulness
Loving this too much to stop
All the pain I'd gladly suffer
Just to gaze into your eyes
It fuels such a greater wonder

The background screen shows the previous pulsing square animation, and the floor screen shows the purple laser animation. The dancers speed up and begin to whirl along the ground
I can act like it's just something floating in the air
But I know that it's not just the spray that's in your hair
We can feel the magic welling up beneath our skin
A mystic maelstrom of age-old power deep within

The lights brighten again, and the floor and background screen animations turn into their golden counterparts (the bank of slightly pulsating lights and the fiery spiral) as the dancers rise, still whirling around Kiraya

The floor screen shows the golden laser animation as Kiraya and the dancers do their synchronized dance
Glow

Glow

Glow

Glow

The animations cease, and the lights on the stage dim significantly to make way for star-effect lights. Kiraya is lit by a soft glow from the floor, her dancers lying in a circle around her on the floor and making a wave motion with their arms. Kiraya herself slowly sinks to her knees and faces upward, her hands on her heart
Soothing sensations streaming up and down
Sighing beneath the stars
Shimmering specks, storm of silent sparks
Too soon for us to sleep

The lights brighten, the golden animations return, and Kiraya and her dancers rise. She loads the words with both lust and wistfulness as she sings them

Instead of the previous golden laser animation, this smoother and much more radiant one is shown on the floor screen
Glow

Glow

Glow

Glow
You make my world glow

Kiraya and her dancers freeze for a few seconds as the song ends, framed by a brilliant white flash

As the lights and stage return to normal, Kiraya embraces the dancers and shouts, "Kiitos kaikille, thank you so much Rokkestadt! Thank you all!" and then exits the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Rotia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:11 pm

40 // Rotia

Spremiti -- Drent X Jalina Provani

Drent X is one of the most celebrated modern Rotian musical composer. Drent X is actually a 39 year old woman from the southern mountains of Rotia. When starting her career she was absolutely anonymous and never revealed her face, gender and name, but as society progressed further it was considered socially acceptable for women wherever they came from to be considered an artist, and it was 2 years ago when she revealed her identity. Drent will not be on the stage but she'll be in the greenroom. Drent X also made the choreography and staged everything you'll see on-stage tonight.

Jalina Provani is a 22 year old, that immigrated from Eastern Europe to Rotia when she was 7 years old. She started her career as a model when she was 15, but she later found out that it just wasn't for her. Jalina's debut was a wide success in Rotia, called "Krenimo" (or "Move Me"), and was on the top of the Rotian Music Charts for 2 weeks.

The stage is completely dark. Jalina is on the center of the stage, wearing a black one-piece suit. There are 4 backing-vocalists/co-singers/people with her, and behind them is a tall LED-cube. They were all-female, wearing black one-piece suit and mask and hat similar to Zorro. When the music starts it's completely dark until the finger-snapping starts, where the LED-cubes give a little spark above the hands of the backing vocalists. When she starts singing the backing-vocalists "disappear" (they went behind the LED-cubes). The LED-screen behind her is similar to a street in a big city, at night, and the LED-cubes are like buildings. As she sings she walks slowly, but not to slow, towards the audience.

Bitka je upravo počinje
Između nas svijeta
Moramo ostati jaki zauvijek
Učitava oružje i prsluci
Mi smo spremni boriti se do kraja
Ljudi nose svoje odijela, prikriti svoje laži i tajne
Otroni pjenušac, stečajni previše, donosi niz koji protiv

The camera is zoomed in on her face and she has a fierce-smug look on her face.

Vjetar puše samo teže
Ne dopustite, da

The LED screen and cubes turn into a white glow. Here she stops and stands completely still, She does a lot of those Cliche Dramatic hand movements whilst singing. The camera shows all of her.

Nadam se ovo nije
Spremiti pobjeći tobom
Neću prihvati je ovo kraj
Ova ljubav nikad na kraj
Ne ću vas pustiti nas
Nisam spremna biti sam
Oceana može nas rastvi
Spremiti sam da ih skinu

The Backing-vocalists come from behind the cube in her direction, now in a white one-piece suit. They stop when they form a vertical line, with Jalina in the center, and semi-repeat the verse, but it sounds much stronger (partially due to the fact that she got 2 others singing with her, the other 2 doing the ah's, and partially from a confidence boost)

Nadam se ovo nije
Spremiti pobjeći tobom
Ići daleko od tog mjesta
Ova ljubav nikad na kraj
Ne ću vas pustiti nas
Nisam spremna biti sam
Oceana može nas rastvi
Spremiti sam da ih skinu

Both of the backing-vocalists drag Jalina's outfit down, to reveal that she is in a white one-piece suit. The backing-vocalists walk behind the cube while doing ah's. Jalina was also doing the ah's and movements similar to Loreen in ESC2012 and the LED things turn all geometric, with colorful cubes and circles and arches appearing with a black background. When the music goes back to the way it was in the beginning, the LED screen and cubes go back to the city-scape. This time she just walks across the stage, and that is when people start noticing that she's wearing white Nike shoe's that make rainbow lights below them when you walk, which you have to admit is pretty cool.

Crne čizme i puške
To može unutarnja, to osjeća sve previše stvaran
Osjećam se sama bez tebe
Mi ćemo držati ruku krozi bitke
Mi smo dva tijela, ali naše duše su ujedinjeni
kroz sve teškoće smo prošli
mi diže iznad njih, mi je suđeno bit ovdje

She stops at the middle of the edge of the stage, but not too close to the edge

Vjetar puše samo teže
Ne dopustite, da

The LED screen and cubes do the thing again where they are white and glow-ish. The camera shows her full body and you can see a bit of smoke, but you can still see the lights from her shoes.

Nadam se ovo nije
Spremiti pobjeći tobom
Neću prihvati je ovo kraj
Ova ljubav nikad na kraj

The backing vocalists appear in front of the cube all of the sudden, in short, white dresses. They walk towards her, and form a half-circle around her whilst singing.

Ne ću vas pustiti nas
Nisam spremna biti sam
Oceana može nas rastvi
Spremiti sam da ih skinu

They then apparently take some pins that were holding the suit, and all of the sudden it's a dress! wow! amazing! It's a long dress where the sleeve is really long so 2 of the backing vocalists took them and kind of waved them (smoothly). There was a wind machine that blowed softly on her so the dress was wavy (you could also notice the shoes too!). She was doing the Euphoria-dance-thing whilst singing now.

Spremiti sam biti s vama
Spremiti se borit za vas
Spremiti nikad ne pusti
Spremiti sam da ih skinu

Now they formed a vertical line across the stage, they looked very focused on the Audience, like a hunter with a prey (or something similar idk).

To neće biti kraj
Spremiti ne odustati
Ja obećat nikad neće
Nikad neću pustit ruku
Mi nikad neće izgubit
Spremiti sam brani
Oceana može nas rastvi
Nisam spreman pustiti

While the Music was still going after she was done singing, the led screen did that geometry thing. Jalina walked away from the stage, and when the backing vocals were done, so did they. When the music stopped they all ran to the stage to thank the audience while the audience cheered for them.

ooc - sorry if you're croatian, i used google translate for everything.

The battle’s just starting
between us and the world
We gotta stay strong forever
Loaded guns and vests
We are prepared to fight til the end
men wearing suits to cover up their lies and their secrets
Poisoned champagne, bankruptcy too, bringing those down who’re against us

The wind is gonna blow harder
Don’t let it go, now

I hope this is not it
I’m ready to run away with you
I won’t accept that this is the end
This love was never meant to end
I’m not gonna let you go
I’m not ready to be alone now
Oceans won’t separate us
I’m ready to take them down

Ići daleko od tog mjesta - Go far away from this place

Black boots and firearms
This can’t be internal, this feels all too real
I feel so alone without you
We’ll hold hands through out the battle
We are 2 bodies, but our souls are united
Through all the hardship
We’re rising above them, we were destined to be here

The wind is gonna blow harder
Don’t let it go, now

I hope this is not it
I’m ready to run away with you
I won’t accept that this is the end
This love was never meant to end

I’m not gonna let you go
I’m not ready to be alone now
Oceans won’t separate us

I’m ready to come to you
I’m ready to fight for you
I’m ready to never let you go

This will not be the end
I’m ready to never give up
I promise I will never leave
I’ll never let go of your hand
We will never lose
I’m ready to defend for you
Oceans won’t separate us
I’m not ready to let you go
Last edited by Rotia on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Rotia // Savezna Republika Zlotia
Icelandic, 16 year old, Asexual and a huge dork.
Support: Capitalism, Equality, Internet Neutrality, Israel, US, Japan, Nato
Against: Communism, Socialism, Radical Feminism, Tumblr, Palestine, The Middle East, Scandinavia, Religion.
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
WV39 - Jovanka Kopanja - Drug // 28th - 42 Points
WV40 - Drent X Jalina Provani - Spremiti // TBA
ISideWith

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:38 pm

~Presents~

Hello WorldVision watchers, I’m Jon Myrok and probably already are tired of listening to my opening speech by this contest. Tonight we'll head to Ekoz for the 40th Anniversary Edition of the WorldVision Song Contest. We can surely expect a night to surprises and memorable moments. Now let's be on our journey through the magical soundscape that is the world!

“Enehød”
    “Well the title of this contest’s opening theme is about as unpronounceable as it is incomprehensible. Let’s pick either the ‘men of evil’ or ‘rising to the sun’ lines, what on earth does that mean? It sounds like something out of a totalitarian communist state. This flute should get an award for most annoying prop.
    It seems that our host is a bit flustered. Let’s hope she does not drop the UM here. This is just embarrassing. I don’t even have to comment on this, she’s like her own parody. Well, best of luck my dear, the UM is in your court.”

“The Owner is Here”
    “I could cut the awkwardness with a knife. What is this?”

"Summer Love (You Are)"
    “The singer looks like a demonic crow. She sings about as well as one too. ‘You make my waters leak’ ? Aside from what that obviously is referring to, I would like to think of it in other terms. It makes her summer love sound like a toilet that she desperately needs to take a leak into.”

“The Santa Claus Song”
    “Fits well with tonight’s apparent theme of bowel movements.”

“Battle Hymn of Lord Almighty Gregory”
    “I got nothing. It’s pretty much the same thing they send every contest. ”

“Swordean Boat of Terror”
    “I don’t even know what is happening.”

“Dolores”
    “The performance is awful, the lyrics are uninspiring, the only reason I can think of her being sad is that they told her to do this.”

“Wild Storm (You and I)”
    “And now we come to our hosts. Honestly it would have been more entertaining if she was actually possessed by something rather than that dizzying spinning around in circles. “

“Fruit”
    “This fruit is rotten”.

“Universal Church”
    “This contest is about awful pop music, not awful commercials”.

“Lights Out”
    “Lights out for any chance of this winning”.

“What are you feeling?”
    “Ennui, disgust, and morbid fascination among other things.”

“Snowflake On The Heart”
    “I don’t even care, their singing is landing like a hammer on my head.”

"Watch You Fall"
    “It must be hard coming to the realization your life is not the same now that you’re getting older. Still, it could be worse; you could be commenting on an international song contest.”

“Out of This World”
    “Your head is out of this world if you thing that’s going to received well.”

“Reserved”
    “I’m reserved about this being anything other than a disappointment.”

“I'VE GOTTA BURNING DESIRE”
    “I’ve got a burning desire to ban Kasanova-Koratica from the competition.”

“CATALYS- The Beginning”
    I’m not sure sure if this is really artsy or really terrible, so I’ll say it’s both.

"And we'll be back shortly!"
Last edited by Wazekia on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:58 pm

41- Elejamie

(Electric Blue - Let Me Go)

Left to right: Gareth Sharp, Bill Neyman (former member, occasional contributor), Alex King, Nick Sherryman

Electric Blue was formed in 2005 by four friends at the University of Arts in Berlin: keyboardist/vocalist Alex King (born September 9th 1983), guitarist/bassist Gareth Sharp (born January 3rd 1984), drummer/vocalist Nick Sherryman (born November 11th, 1983) and lead singer Bill Neymar (born April 13th 1984). Originally formed as a one-time thing, the group somehow managed to become quite popular, performing in clubs around the nation. Despite this new-found success, with the song Drifter being a mainstay on college radio across the nation, lead singer Bill Neymar left the band in 2006 due to creative differences; not long after, the remaining three signed to Brew Records. In 2007, they released their self-titled debut album, which included a live version of Drifter taken from Bill’s last concert as an official Electric Blue member. Although it didn’t sell that many copies (it’s believed that it sold 15,000 copies by the end of the year) it did receive praise from critics, earning four and five stars across the board.

However, it wasn’t until their second album, Experience The Future, that they gained some commercial success. Helped by the single A Real Good Man, a remix of which became the theme tune to hit TV show Cop Patrol, the album has shifted over 500,000 copies. A follow-up album, Body of Proof, was released in 2011; although it sold well (250,000 copies overall in Elejamie, which is over a tenth of the population), it wasn’t as well-received by critics.

However, after a period of brief inactivity, the trio managed to come back with Mutually Fine Distraction, released in January 2015. Not only did the lead single - [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRZDADt9lQ(I’m) Thinkin’ About You[/url] - make it onto a number of charts worldwide but The Warp was selected as Elejamie’s representative at the 35th WorldVision Song Contest. A third single, It’s Just Me, didn’t sell as many copies as expected, but still made it onto the Top 20.

After a hiatus from the contest due to poor viewing figures for WV38, ETV announced that Elejamie will return for the WorldVision’s 40th contest. Although a number of people were slightly disappointed that The Anointed Ones didn’t make it to Titaniumland, they were cheered up somewhat when it was announced that Electric Blue - who represented Elejamie when it debuted in WV35, coming a better-than-expected 16th place with 61 points - would be sent for the Contest’s 40th outing.

When asked how they felt about being chosen to represent Elejamie again, keyboardist/vocalist Alex King said “We were thrilled, obviously. I mean, we did such a good job the first time round and I think we might do even better here. I’m not saying we’re confident enough to win it, but rather we might get that first top 10 finish.”

When asked what the song was about, drummer/vocalist Nick Sherryman said “It’s basically about the end of a relationship and how you basically want out. However, you’re not sure if they want out as well, so you’re asking them to let you go. I don't know, I wrote the song in about five minutes. And, to be honest, we were a bit drunk when we made it, so obviously it might not be as good as you'd expect Also, for a change, Gareth will be singing it instead of Alex or me. Because why not?”

As usual with Elejamian entries, the stage was bathed in black at first. And then, in the darkness, Nick tapped his drumsticks together as he and Gareth started jamming together for about 10 seconds. Once Alex joined in towards the end of the mini-jam session, they started to segue into the song, with the flights above them flashing the colours of the Elejamian flag.

Through the flashing lights, we could see that all three were wearing matching black suits, black ties and white shirts, as well as Alex wearing a pair of teashade sunglasses with a silver frame and dark black lenses. Nick was behind his usual electronic drum set, Gareth was standing in front of a microphone stand playing his trademark basstar and Alex was playing on a row of keyboards, with a small foot-powered bass keyboard on the floor in front of him, hidden the audience. After about 50 seconds, Gareth started singing, with the spotlights just shining a bright white light across the stage.

Let me go, let me go
Let me go, let me go
I want you to let me go
‘Cause the end is so damn close

Let me go, let me go
Let me go, let me go
I want you to let me go

I just want you to let me go
I don’t want this
No shit
Just let me go

During the instrumental break, Alex started to headbang a little to the music, whilst Gareth started to rock his hips to it.

Please cut me loose from your grasp
‘Cause I think I will not last

Just as Gareth was singing the last verse, the lights dimmed Alex and Nick started taking off their jackets. Fortunately, they managed to get them off in time for the next verse, which required them to play their instruments.

We took it as far as it could go
But do you feel the same way, though?

I just want want you to let me go
I’ve had enough now, don’t you know?

After Gareth finished the last verse, the lights started flashing a variety of colours over the stage and the audience

I’m saying
Let me go, let me go

During this brief instrumental break, Alex and Nick took their shirts off, showing off the former’s vest (or tank top, if you prefer). However, Nick was having some difficulty getting his shirt off; rather than miss his bit, he decided to drum with one hand until he was able to get it off.

Oh, what is this?
Oh, shit
Please let me go

As he was singing those last lines, Gareth smiled towards the audience. Meanwhile, Nick had finally gotten his shirt off, exposing his bare chest towards the audience.

This whole thing has come to an end
But will we ever meet again?

Together, the trio prepares for the end of the song.

Let me go, let me go
Let me go, let me go
I want you to let me go

Alex then played the last few electric violin notes on his keyboard just as the stage went pitch black.

A couple of seconds later, the crowd started applauding as the lights went back on. The trio then walked to the front of the stage as fireworks - in the colours of the Elejamian flag, of course - came out of the row of pyrotechnics. The trio then said “Thank you! Vote Elejamie!” before walking off-stage.

To those wondering why this isn’t the entry mentioned in the OOC OP: I couldn’t think of any good lyrics for my first entry, so I decided to go back to what I originally had planned. In fact, you can see me changing my mind here.

Apologies for the entry being so bad, by the way.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:37 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 40 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Image*

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 40! Bienvenido a WorldVision 40! Yalcom WorldVision 40! Live from Rock State in Ekoz!
FT: Rokkestaat, technically.
CE: Either way, I'm Cerin Erali...
FT: ... And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And we are your English language commentators for this evening. For a Spanish commentary, Iyilim language commentary or to sing-along to each entry, please press the red button. Thanks. Para Español, Iyilim o karaoke, pulse botón rojo por favor. Gracias. Aspenol, Iyilim o cereoc - Ancelis o Aspenol, ne Iyilim - plaes toc rad boton. Fenci.
FT: There's the WorldVision app, if you want to learn about tonight's entries. And if you want to vote for them.
CE: You can, however, vote by calling or texting your favourite entry to a number. But more on that later.
FT: Once again, wait until all the acts have finished performing to vote. It might be a long night but I think you would want your vote to count.
CE: Now that's all said and done, let's get onto the show!

Opening Act

CE: And we begin with...
FT: Whatever the hell that was.
CE: The vocals are quite nice, though. The music less nice but still pretty good. The actual performance was interesting. Will the host nation's entry live up to this?
FT: No.

01 - Owner-osity

FT: And we start the actual contest off with...
CE: It reminds me of the time I accidentally spiked my drink. I still don't know how I managed to do that.
FT: With a Shop Owner statue and giant "naked gummy bears"...
CE: How can a gummy bear be naked anyway?
FT: I don't know. Better not question it. Song was tolerable, anyway. Next.

02 - Kalosia

CE: I actually really like this song a lot! I can imagine this coming somewhere in the Top 10. Maybe Top 15 if we're lucky.

03 - Santaclausisgodistan

CE: A bit too early for Christmas but still quite good. Do you have something like Santa?
FT: Unless you count Hanukkah Harry, then not really. Besides, a real Hanukkah Santa would probably get sick and tired of it after the third day.
CE: At least he gave us presents! He got me a Christmas jumper with my name on it! And a matching one for Marc! What did you get, Fluh-yeen?
FT: A Christmas jumper like you, but in blue and white. And a double bacon cheeseburger.
CE: At least he did his research.
FT: Still doesn't beat Cannon Fodder for the Amiga, though.

04 - Gregoryisgodistan

CE: At least they didn't burn the stadium down again.
FT: I think that's all we can say without Lord Almighty Gregory and Consul What's-His-Face briefly teaming up to nuke us to high hell.

05 - The Sword Bloke

FT: Now, can we say something about the Swordeans without insulting them this time?
CE: Probably not. Let's just say that this song is the best entry they've ever sent and might actually beat Bomb.
FT: There we go.

06 - Talvezout

CE: From one good entry to another. Nice music, nice vocals, nice performance. All around niceness.
FT: So where do you think it will come?
CE: 27th.

07 - Ekoz

FT: At some point, Ekoz got tired of having good results, so they've decided to send the worst entry they could find. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's working.
CE: I thought it was OK, though. Not as good as Alfaans was back in Mule-hippo but not as bad as all the entries after him.

08 - Esta Lloviendo

FT: I like this song.
CE: I will admit that I liked it too.
FT: Here's hoping I'll be able to find a copy when we get home.

09 - Free Republics

FT: So, let me get this straight: You're committing a sin if you're holding hands, kissing, not covering your head, coughing too loudly...
CE: Also, wasn't Iesus Christus someone who gained followers by helping the poor and teaching people how to be kind?
FT: No, that's Jesus Christ. A completely different person. Either way, the song wasn't good, so don't expect that many points from us.
CE: Combo breaker.

10 - Dreamplanet

CE: This was good but not great. I wouldn't say I'd listen to it again and again, but I might check it out once the contest's over.

11 - Polkopia

CE: Not a good song but it's not as bad as their last few entries.
FT: Polkopia wins again with 874 points.

12 - KwaDai

CE: Didn't we hear something like this a couple of contests ago?
FT: Yes.
CE: I'm not complaining, it's a good song and all. But it does seem a tiny bit lazy.
FT: True but there's only so many songs you can do before they all sound the same.
CE: At least it wasn't as bad as Worldvision 39.

13 - The Sarian

CE: Welcome back, The Sarian. And what a return, actually. I liked this song, well done.

14 - Electrum

FT: The wife might like this. I admit that it's quite catchy too.
CE: Not my sort of music but I'm glad you like it.

15 - Yttribia

CE: A nice little funky number. Interesting performance, lyrics and back story. I like it. Let's hope it does well tonight.

16 - Kasanova-Koratica

FT: My son might like this, since he's into metal. Honestly, I didn't think it was any good.
CE: And I didn't like it either. But it might win a few points from the folks back home. Who knows?

17 - Bloodbath Generation

CE: A little bit generic but I like it. See if I can find a copy somewhere. Hell, maybe the clubs will be blaring this!
FT: Something nice for a change.
CE: It sure is!

18 - Lons

CE: And again, another good song!
FT: Much better than the last but, then again, this is more my sort of music.

19 - Ecrotia

TBA

20 - Aloquirbe

CE: The music is good and I appreciate the message - happy 40th birthday, WorldVision - but I feel slightly disturbed. I don't know why.
FT: The kids, maybe?
CE: Maybe.
FT: I feel like my wedding photographer when he asked me to smile.
Last edited by Elejamie on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates