NATION

PASSWORD

40th WorldVision Song Contest | Rokkestaat, Ekoz

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Electrumite Worldvision Commentary - Network ENN - Part 1

Sonya Portelli: Hello everyone, you're one of billions of people watching the 40th Anniversary edition of the WorldVision
Max Hardwell: And we're live in Rokkestaat, Ekoz, bringing you our fabulously insightful commentary into the songs of this editoin
Sonya: Yes, we're your award-winning hosts, and we hope to not let you down again!
Max: Alright, let's go in and get started. As always, numbers at the bottom. We won't repeat it because it's boring.
Sonya: You, the viewers at home, will have the important role of choosing where Electrum's votes will go! Choose wisely!
Max: Let's get started.

0. Opening
Max: In case you're wondering, you did not walk into a tribal documentary
Sonya: I have to admit, that was one of the better opening songs we've seen
Max: Good start to the competition, and I especially loved the flash mobs across the multiverse.
Sonya: TO those that don't know, that's Yohanna van Umsaak, the host and singer. Multitalented.
Max: Yes, very good, alright let's go to the first song -- she takes far too long --

1. Owner-osity
Sonya: Oh my, and we've already had gummy bears, toddlers and a Shop Owner statue.
Max: I honestly don't understand Shop Owner and his antics
Sonya: A travesty of a song. Let's move on quickly.

2. Kalosia
Sonya: Light and breezy start to the competition, but some of it was pretty abrupt.
Max: Yeah that first line.. wow!
Sonya: I like it. It strikes the balance.
Max: And for once, Kalosia isn't sitting at the end of the competition. Instead, they're on the other end.

3. Santaclausisgodistan
Max: Well at least it's not Iesusisgodistan, or Gregisnotgodistan or whatever
Sonya: Apparently everyone's name is Santa?
Max: An incredibly simplistic song, just that poop paragraph had me tearing up, that's pure genius. I like the Christmas in July idea too. Some nations have Winter in July, and it's tradition for them to hold Christmas during their winter.
Sonya: And ah, a present for the both of us! Open yours Max...
Max: Alright... and it's a gun! Aw shucks, how did he know... Open yours Sonya!
Sonya: Hmm.. yes, and wow! That's what I've desparately wanted, more coffee pods, excellent!

4. Gregoryisgodistan
Sonya: An excellent parody of the Free Republics song, it truly destroys the sanctity that is usually reserved for other nation's anthems
Max: It's the official anthem of the Free Republics, as Consul Kulseth has tried to push for, but it's symbolic enough that this actually works
Sonya: Although the music is a bit outdated, it is a true form of art and expression.
Max: We're not going into the war crisis in Hicana and Gregoryisgodistan, and how they're at war with other nations in this contest
Sonya: ...namely San Jose Guayabal and the Free Republics (as the Holy Republican Empire)...
Max: I wasn't going to mention them, but OK. Yeah. We'll just steer clear of the war, but this is a brilliant song.

5. The Sword Bloke
Sonya: What a killer tune
Max: But sadly, it regressed as we got along. Though I have to admit, it was one of their better entries
Sonya: It's not everyday that you see a deity or a head of state of a nation to perform on stage
Max: But it's par on course for this nation so... nothing special.
Sonya: Still. We'll just call it 'inventive' and move on.

6. Talvezout
Max: We've come to demand excellence from Talvezout and this time it is no different.
Sonya: Really, really spectacular song. Diverse array of languages
Max: Nothing else to say really, safe for that we love it.
Sonya: Surely a top tenner. Surely.

7. Ekoz
Max: Well one of the best staging performances we've seen
Sonya: But it's the whole package. Max, I don't think I like that weird instrument in the middle, just what on earth is that?
Max: Don't know, just what is that -- the thistle flute?
Sonya: Whatever it is, I don't like it.
Max: Steady on Sonya, I don't think it's that bad, but it just lifts everything up. It's a good mix, this song.

8. Esta Lloviendo
Max: What on earth was that!
Sonya: What a breeze of fresh air, a bit short, but this is such an interesting song!
Max: Everything just clicks, doesn't it?
Sonya: Yes it does. Good job Esta Lloviendo, as expected. And just different from their usual style.

9. Holy Republican Empire
Max: Hang on, did she just say "An Electrumite..."
Sonya: Well we are sinners, lots of people are hedonists and lots of Electrumites lead decadent lives.
Max: Well that's just the way we like it, I just hate how the Church of Iesus Christus keeps sending this rubbish to WorldVision, truly extraordinarily stuff.
Sonya: Nutters, the lot of them.

10. Dreamplanet
Sonya: That beginning just sets the tone, doesn't it?
Max: It does, and it's a much better showing for Dreamplanet. These guys have the knack for choosing good tunes
Sonya: Hm, agree. Love the water performance, maybe a bit more changing of the lights in the performance too in time with the lyrics.
Max: Yeah.

11. Polkopia
Sonya: Look, it's not as good as their recent entries, but this is still a great song, no doubt
Max: I just love how they keep thinking up of these good songs
Sonya: Hah, we should steal some of their talents then, and renaturalise them under our nation! Then we'd be the winners of WorldVision for sure!
Max: You're getting a bit too crazy Sonya

12. Kwadai
Max: What a great entry from Kwadai
Sonya: Everyone's just gone all out in 40 it seems
Max: Just some great energy between them, a good duet entry -- wish we could do something like that in the future.
Sonya: Well Max, you never know...

13. The Sarian
Max: Hmm. Rock.
Sonya: Definitely not the usual in WorldVision, but there is that element of hypnotic that lingers with this song
Max: You're reading my mind, yeah, the lights -- which some might say are a bit much, but it goes with the atmosphere too.
Sonya: Great matching.

14. Electrum
Sonya: Simply beautiful.
Max: Very dramatic, makes an impact, and I have to admit, it is a dream.
Sonya: Songs don't have to be about anything in particular, this is a story expressed through the medium of a song. It is artistic, and really I don't see why people shoudn't like this song
Max: Just look at that cute astronaut's costume she's wearing the whole way through! Who wouldn't like that?
Sonya: Hah! Yeah! It's a song that smashes expectations -- it doesn't need to talk about love or war, just a wistful adventure, and that's the way I wish songs were more like.

15. Yttribia
Max: Well I wish there was more performance
Sonya: It is a groovy song but just at the very end -- was it...
Max: A dispute with their broadcaster it seems.
Sonya: Well, that's sad, but I don't see why you would need to rewrite your lyrics
Max: The tune is still A-OK.

16. Kasanova-Koratica
Sonya: The nation that does not like the Electrum Diplomatic Offices apparently
Max: Ah! Under your desk now Sonya!
Sonya: Nothing happens and then "TAMPON" "HORNY" "BUTTFUCK"
Max: This song scares me to death, and seriously...
Sonya: Max, think about it, why would you *ugh* go hot for tampon, no, too disgusting, we're moving on.

17. Bloodbath Generation
Max: Just a tad bit too repetitive for me, I'm afraid
Sonya: I just love the gold people though, nice touch from Bloodbath Generation
Max: Well... I just don't like the fact that they're somewhat calling the drag queens a 'freak of nature', I know that's the point of the song, to highlight everyone is one, but still
Sonya: I'm alright with it, so I disagree.

18. Lons
Max: The song just drags you in, doesn't it?
Sonya: That tune is to die for -- wow!
Max: Just classy mythology mixed in too, it's a strange song in that regard, but I like it.

19. Ecrotia

20. Aloquirbe
Sonya: Some of the lyrics were disjointed, and I just didn't get them
Max: You see, when she said box, I thought they meant as in--
Sonya: Not too bad of a song, but yeah, it's just so weird. You've got the children, and you've got just too many people. Very busy.
Max: Almost like a market stall

21. Britonisea
Max: More children eh? A running theme I suppose
Sonya: How many drummers are there on stage? Hundreds apparently?
Max: Yes sorry, just doesn't pique enough interest from me
Sonya: A bit harsh, but they should have probably run with a different theme
Last edited by Electrum on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

#throwback: Zwangzug

Postby Ekoz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:17 am

Yohanna: Welcome back to the WorldVision Song Contest, live from Rokkestaat! Over forty nations have performed from all corners of the multiverse, so let's all give them a huge round of applause! It's that time of the show where we dive into WorldVision past, this time, spotlighting on Zwangzug

The Neoreactionaries official album cover, Copyright 2015

It's been a long journey for The Neoreactionaries since their song The Pendulum won WorldVision 6. While "The Pendulum" was part of their angry rocking second album, "Singing on Eggsheells," it led to a rerelease of their first album, "Back to the Future," with the WorldVision performance included as a bonus track. The five performers released two further albums together. "What I Wouldn't Do" follows in their rock tradition, while "Way to Way" is more of a rock opera.

After this, drummer Graham Simmonds parted ways with the band, and released two solo albums: "Days of Peace" and "Upstorm." Guitarist Fergie Bartlow retired, and The Neoreactionaries added two more members. Today, Tyler Shadd-Escia plays drums and Kevin Juridon plays guitar for the band. Their fifth album, "Enigmagic," is a throwback to their earliest instrumental pieces.
Work was underway on a sixth album, "Check Blank," when Zwangzug receded from the international community. It's unclear whether they'll stay together long enough to release it. Simmonds, meanwhile, is probably going to finish his third solo album, "Voice Mail." The group reunited, including Simmonds and Bartlow, to perform in the "Best of" WorldVision edition.

Yohanna: Again, unfortunately the STE couldn't confirm whether Zwangzug would be returning to the contest but it clearly shows that if you have they talent, you can go the distance and remain a force to be reckoned with.

Next we move back to the contest, are you ready for some more music? I said are you ready for some more music?! Ladies and gentlemen, song number 41!
Last edited by Ekoz on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Montenia Fayerland and Dunaria
Civil Servant

Founded: May 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Montenia Fayerland and Dunaria » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:12 am

42 MONTENIA

Song Midnight
Artist Rodica Nicolescu
Language English
Tune Loreen - Paper Light (Higher)

Tonight, Rodica Nicolescu wears this outfit.

On the screen behind Rodica, there is a black screen with white hands that are moving slowly. On the screen placed on the ground, there is a chessboard. Rodica is alone on stage. She doesn't moves.

The sun sets and it's dark.
Strange stuff happens in the park.
Can we go back, at last ?
You don't want me to be lost.

The wind blows on my hair
I've got enough air.
I need to go.

The storm prepares.
It's making its tears.
I really need the light.

Here, the only thing that changes is that the light beams are faster.

Because it's midnight.
Hold me tight.
Let's go home tonight.
The clock is always right.

At last, Rodica moves, to do another position.

We're going through darkness.
Keeping me or not, is more or less.
Because the nature is stranger.
With the night comes danger.

The light beams are going faster again.

I don't want to fight
Against the unknown
That i don't own.

I won't stay the night
Here in the park alone
The danger which i'm prone of.

Background dancers appear and do a robotic dance. The light beams are faster than ever and the hands on the screen behind Rodica create an energy "ball" that separates the chessboard in 4.

Because it's midnight.
Hold me tight.
Let's go home tonight.

Because it's midnight.
Hold me tight.
Let's go home tonight.

The stage is totally dark. There is no more chessboard or hands, and the energy ball explodes to form a forest in the night, with the moon, that is visible.

I want to be safe.
Please keep me safe.

I want to be safe.
Please keep me safe.

I want to be safe.
Please keep me safe.

On the forest, the sun rises and the moon sets. As the new day is born, the sunshine is visible on the screen placed on the ground.

Because it's midnight.
Hold me tight.
Let's go home tonight.

Because it's midnight.
Hold me tight.
Let's go home tonight.
Last edited by Montenia Fayerland and Dunaria on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:44 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 40 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Image*

21 - Britonisea

FT: And from one disturbing and dull entry involving children...
CE: ... To a much less disturbing...
FT: ... But still dull.
CE: ... Entry.
FT: Here's hoping the next one's much better.

22 - Kishrael

CE: Zombie!
FT: No, this is a one-time thing.
CE: Either way, a brilliant song, if I do say so myself. Here's hoping they don't eat my brains.

23 - Wazekia

CE: And that, ladies and gentlemen, was a touching ode to Gertrude Pullman.
FT: I didn't care much for it, really.
CE: No, me neither.

24 - Normandy and Picardy

CE: After a couple of stinkers in the past few contests, I have to say that this is actually pretty good!
FT: C'est magique.

25 - Izmedu

CE: It's...
FT: (with an obvious hint of snark in his voice) Monty Python's Flying Circus?
CE: Yes but also it's... Hard to describe. I mean, I'd dance to it if I was in the club. But will I listen to it on CD or on the internet? Not really.

26 - Missus X

CE: At least we're safe up here?
FT: That was the shittiest entry they've sent so far.
CE: Pun intended?
(Flynn pauses for a couple of seconds)
FT: Yes.

27 - Electrum Diplomatic Offices

FT: Speak of the devil, there's Gertrude, telling us why we're all terrible.
CE: Interesting medley, though.
FT: Yes, culled from the "Worst of the WorldVision Winners" EP found in Sofanc World.
CE: And Russadonia's winning entry.
FT: Yes, can't forget The Trouble With Faking, which we both liked.
CE: Not loved, but thought it deserved the victory.

28 - The Free City of Rouen

FT: This is what happens when you take something that could've been great and decide to make it for the lowest common denominator.
CE: Agreed. I should be liking it but I don't.

29 - Francile

CE: Bland.
FT: Generic.
CE: Blah.
FT: Next.

30 - Gaciadia

CE: And now for something actually quite good!
FT: Not the best, though. Especially towards the end.
CE: True but here's hoping that Elejamie gives it a point or two.

31 - Krytenia

CE: So this is not a country where everyone is a robot with heads that look like peeled potatoes with faces?
FT: Sadly, no.
CE: Oh well. Besides, it's just your usual boy band ballad.
FT: That would've seemed out of date in 2002.

32 - Titaniumland

CE: It was good but not great. That's all I can say about it, really. Wow, this special anniversary edition is feeling like a bit of a letdown.
FT: Quelle surprise.

33 - FECoM (Former Ekozian Colony of Milea)

CE: The first entry from the now-independent Milea and...
FT: Every single dog in a five mile radius is now howling after that entry.
CE: Yes, it was also a letdown.
FT: Still better than them singing the Ekozian national anthem.
CE: Hey, why was Ekoz so hesitant to let Milea go?
FT: (with a hint of sarcasm in his voice) Cottage cheese mines?
CE: Maybe.

34 - Southern Dreamplanet

CE: It'll do well but, to be honest, we couldn't really get into it. Shame, really, because it sounded nice.

35 - Associated Godlands

CE: Were they being serious with this entry? And do you think Mr. Poe will know?
FT: You got a ouija board?
CE: I got Connect Four.
FT: That'll do. Gives us something to do during the voting.

36 - San Llera

CE: And now for the first good entry since... I can't remember.
FT: Neither can I.
CE: Either way, I liked it.
FT: Not my sort of music but it's OK, I guess. Lyrics could be better, though.

37 - Mister X

CE: Wow, Christmas really has come early! If I could, I'd give this 13 points!
FT: Yes, I will admit that it's a bit catchy.
CE: By the way, Filius, should we meet after the contest, then I'll definitely buy you a beer. And see if Marc can whip us up something nice to eat.

38 - Communist Quinntopia

TBA

39 - Todlichebujoku

CE: I think we've found my favourite! I'm sure that this will be "Glow"-ing its way to the top of the results table.
(there's silence for a couple of seconds)
FT: (slightly annoyed) Never say that again.

40 - Rotia

CE: And here, we have Rotia. And that is definitely music!
FT: Yes, it certainly was a song. Not a good one, though.
CE: Get rid of that annoying bassy-"Ee-yuh" synth and it'd be even better.
Last edited by Elejamie on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Praciba
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Praciba » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:49 am

43 - Praciba
Call us (at the Bala) by Party L

Tune: Vamos a la Playa - Miranda
Language: English, Pracib

Party L

As it becomes Praciba's time to perform, all lights are dimmed. Due to these dimmed lights, no one was able to make up what was happening on the stage except for the technicians and mechanics that were sent, among others, with the performers. Wearing night-vision goggles, they placed the required props for the performance and carried the performers to their places. While the performers were more than capable of moving themselves, it was deemed safer for them to get carried to their place, as they would probably knock something over or get seriously hurt in the dark. What many people didn't know was that these technicians and mechanics were often chosen from the best strongmen of Praciba, with popular strongmen such as Barþy 'Man Crusher' Kóngresson and þieðerick 'Femboy' Choulß often receiving a quick course on how to install the specialized Pracib equipment, seeing as regular technicians and mechanics lacked the power and raw strength to lift the equipment and the artists.

When the lights were turned back on, a large DJ booth was revealed to be in the middle of the stage. Behind it stood Party L, the threesome that had been selected as Praciba's participants. A popular musical act in Bentrus, where two of the three members were born, Party L consisted of three ex-Luurisvaleitaræn employees that had turned to the DJ booth to make a buck, stating that their analytic abilities allowed them to make musical masterpieces. While this wasn't seen in the charts, where they reached mediocre results when compared to artists from the more populous areas, they had won the in-house National Final, only able for viewing with the PraSat Plus service of PR TV, with a stunning live performance of their catchy-yet-chilling song 'Call us at the Bala', which makes references to the Luurisvaleitaræn when it was still the 'axe' of the nation.

As the music starts, two men in ratty outfits are seen crawling to the center of the stage, to the area in front of the DJ booth as two of the Party L members grab some bananas and move to the men. Throwing both men a banana and keeping one each, to act as a fake pistol, the Party L members, that were wearing black glitter suits began their act, the oldest of the three staying behind the DJ booth to handle the controls.

Call us at the Bala*
Laying down, eating banana**
The rhythm of the night
Leaves everything alright

Call us at the Bala
Laying down, eating banana
The rhythm of the night

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

As the Party L members all take off their sunglasses and their pistol-bananas are thrown to the other men, a mix of fireworks and fire shoot out of the stage, giving the entire song a sudden burst of extra energy. A further benefit was the fact that the massive light show took away eyes from the 'prisoners' tearing off their outfits and jumping up, showing that they were not turn-of-the-century inmates but rather professional adult entertainers with terrific bodies. Partying with each other, which primarily featured heated dancing and mutual banana feeding, Party L continued their 'secret agent' dancing, which primarily featured a summer-themed robot dance.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Wha-ha!

As the Wha-ha! is shouted, two women in, for Pracib terms only slightly revealing, police outfits drop in, climbing a rope down to reach the stage and joining the dancing. At the same time, two fold-out chairs are also dropped from the ceiling, albeit without any protection and thus leading to a thud when the stage broke their fall, a thud that was overshadowed by the music. The LED screen behind the stage depicts a visual version of what is sung, with various faces, said faces with a cross through them, a telephone and a artist's rendition of Skála Island Prison finding their way onto the screen.

Friends of any color
Will take steps that will bother
Call us at the Bala
Or you will see the Skála***

Balan, eggös eggi hey!****
Balan, eggös eggi hey!
Balan, eggös eggi hey!

As the two chairs are clapped out by the two Party L members, in a way fitting in their dance, the two women handcuff the two adult entertainers and lead them each to a different chair, starting a lapdance as the next part of the song begins.

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

As this part of the song ends, both the male and female entertainers can be seen with a faux surprised look on their face in regards to the knowledge held by the Luurisvaleitaræn. Releasing the men from their handcuffs, the women are then faux assaulted by the men to reveal an even skimpier outfit under their police outfits.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

The last Party L member joins the other two, holding an enlarged telephone, as they go towards the front of the stage. Hearing the shouts of the excited audience, all three take off their jackets and throw it into the audience, their underlying formal shirts revealing a print on them, the actual public number for the Bala. While it had previously stirred some trouble, the heir to the throne, a personal fan of them, had arranged for the proper clearance.

Call us at the Bala

The enlarged phone was thrown into the air, made possible due to very light materials being used in it's construction, just as another round of pyrotechnics flew into the sky, further pushing the crowd into a frenzy. When the phone reaches it's highest point in the air, it suddenly stays there and rotates heavily, shooting rays of light out of it's antenna into the crowd and onto stage, where Party L had joined in a synchronous dance while the four adult entertainers do their thing further in the middle.

Call us
Call us at the Bala

Friends of any color
Will take steps that will bother
Call us at the Bala
Or you will see the Skála

Balan, eggös eggi
Balan, eggös eggi
Balan, eggös eggi

As the phone reaches the men again, primarily kept in the air due to the warm air from the pyrotechnics and the usage of heavy duty wires, Party L changes their dance back to the summer-inspired and summer-themed robot dance that two of it's members did for most of the song.

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

Turning back to the DJ booth, Party L turns the music into overdrive for the last part with heavy lighting, fireworks and pyrotechnics giving the people the visible variant of the musical overdrive. With almost every line turning into a light and music show, the end of the song became as intense as any good WorldVision winner should be, said winning further encouraged by a subtle flashing message on the massive LED screen stating 'Vote Praciba' and 'Praß Praciba'.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

As the song ends, the biggest mixture of pyrotechnics, fireworks and lights go off, providing a visually blinding experience. When said display finally dies down, the stage is entirely cleared and missing the artists, among all other performers and their equipment, with only one message still seen on the LED screen: 'Vote Praciba!'

*Bala is the nickname for the headquarters of the Pracib secret service, the Luurisvaleitaræn. It comes from the word Balan or knowledge in Pracib.
**This part is a reference to the beginning of the Bala, when it featured a short-term in-house prison, notorious for it's low prison cell ceilings. Prisoners received a single banana per day, which eventually, if the low ceilings didn't, forced the prisoners to lay down due to malnutrition. At night, when everyone was sleeping or enjoying themselves and thus wouldn't hear the sounds, the inmates would be interrogated and those who talked received food, those who didn't talk eventually perished. While no prisoners are held there anymore, the prison currently features a hardcore detox program.
***The Skála Island Prison is the prison where traitors, serial killers, enemies of the state, foreigners awaiting transport, other high-risk inmates and scared straight programs end up. It is in direct Luurisvaleitaræn management, although this is mostly done to keep the prison from mandatory budget cuts due to it's, at times, low inmate number.
****Balan, eggös eggi means so much as 'Knowledge, it's us' or 'Knowledge, that's us' in Pracib
Want to help build a world? Like to roleplay? Come to Werenth and claim your slice of paradise!
Pracib Questionnaire for the Establishment of Worldwide Pracib Numbers - Filling it in is highly appreciated!
The Tästa Þóstellär Group - He Who Touches shall receive you now
Praciba Votes - Lokkeþar | Your opinion matters!
I don't bite and even if I did, you wouldn't feel it anyway. Feel free to send me a telegram, even if you just want to talk.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:18 am

Electrumite Worldvision Commentary - Network ENN - Part 2

Sonya Portelli: Welcome back to the folks at home, we're at the halfway stage of the competition now and we're only just getting started!
Max Hardwell: Song number 22 is Kishrael!

22. Kishrael
Max: Oh wow, now you people at home are well aware, we don't usually like Kishrael's songs
Sonya: Yeah.
Max: But I like this one.
Sonya: It's finally clicked for me I reckon. Just very imaginative lyrics -- love the reference to an ark, then Icarus
Max: Well done.

23. Wazekia
Max: A calming ode to Gertrude Pullman
Sonya: About time the whole multiverse gave the old lady some respect I reckon
Max: It's soothing music, calming, it's clear that they set it up to contrast Gertrude's style, which is excellent. I love that juxtaposition of her frenetic songs and the calmness.
Sonya: This will surely get the 12 points from the offices
Max: Everyone at home, get on board and vote for these guys!

24. Normandy and Picardy
Sonya: What a real quirky tune, but this is a song I can definitely listen too on repeat
Max: Again, they just work well together -- I'm really loving the duets this edition, love it, love it, love it
Sonya: Just that dynamic between them, I don't really mind that the lyrics are a bit weak, all is forgiven. It just goes everywhere up and down, I really like this song.
Max: Agreed.

25. Izmedu
Max: They just can't put a step out of line
Sonya: A bit more electronic than I would like, and I don't like it as far as you do, but again, I just love these lyrics.
Max: You like reading into them don't you?
Sonya: Songs are a unique brand of poetry, and if I like both, then that's just brilliant, still a good song.

26. Missus X
Sonya: Quite frankly, this song scares the hell out of me
Max: Rick Leg, he made the promise to give only serious entries -- looks like it's already been broken with a dirty toilet humour song. Just. WHY!
Sonya: Nothing more needs to be said. Moving on -- and what do you know, it's the Queen of WorldVision
Max: Well, we appointed that title
Sonya: Yes, the Queen of WorldVision herself, Gertrude Pullman.

27. Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Max: Beautifully and satirically combines all of the winning songs into one and spits it back out
Sonya: She takes the key themes of each song and reinterprets them in her eyes, which is the mark of a true artist, I honestly don't see why she's not being recognised for it
Max: A really, really courageous artist.
Sonya: First last edition, where she was brave enough to say that "Everybody Sucks!", and now this, just brilliant. A true patron of the arts.
Max: Just the references to sight in the first song that Polkopia won, taking someone away in Todlichebujoku's song, talking about society's youth ills in the third, rhymes for Izmedu's winning song 'Illusion' and finally, the reference to grey skies in the last one. Just beautiful really.
Sonya: Great mash-up.

28. The Free City of Rouen
Max: Just doesn't sound right to me, to be honest
Sonya: I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe it's too upbeat?
Max: No, it's not that, but they needn't tell us how to party

29. Francilie
Sonya: An almost eerily quiet start, but we got there
Max: Good effort. Don't know what else to say really.

30. Gaciadia
Sonya: Gaciadia returns and we're straight into it
Max: A break-up song it seems, and again, a bit of a slow starter, but it's not as in your face when we get there, real restraint, I like it.
Sonya: Really heartfelt performance.

31. Krytenia
Sonya: Wow, something about this song sounds so retro
Max: A piano ballad, great harmonies, wow.
Sonya: Something you can pop the kettle on and dance to, very slow, very nice
Max: Just wish there was something appetising about the staging, but oh well

32. Titaniumland
Max: Another good ballad
Sonya: Yes, but that violin, it's just so dramatic, wow!
Max: Agreed.
Sonya: Maybe my main gripe is that we've seen too much of the same genre now...

33.Former Ekozian Colony of Milea

34. Southern Dreamplanet
Sonya: Another old-style song
Max: It's a good little ditty, but just a bit short for me, if it was just that bit longer, it would have been perfect
Sonya: Yes, shame about that

35. Associated Godlands
Max: Just a bad tune, I really don't like it
Sonya: Just terrible. Doesn't even try to hide it, or present religion in a tasteful way.
Max: Yeah, let's move on.

36. San Llera
Max: That was particularly haunting, and very different to what we usually see in WorldVision
Sonya: It's soulful music, and it's an immediate impact song. Reminds me of our song last time, good effort from San Llera.
Max: I just want more performance, but I believe this song is great
Sonya: Just so visceral in the good way.

37. Mister X
Max: I'm just glad he's not wearing that dreadful thing that he wore last time
Sonya: That will help his votes definitely. Thoughts on the song?
Max: You know what, I thought I wouldn't like it, but I kind of do
Sonya: Same. And those men, wow.
Max: They're for him, not for you.

38. Communist Quinntopia

39. Todlichebujoku
Max: The one that got the 12 from the Electrum jury
Sonya: And I'm not surprised, an excellent entry from Todlichebujoku as always
Max: They just never, ever do any wrong at all.
Sonya: A nice, upbeat song, could even win it I reckon.

40. Rotia
Max: That thing that repeats, I don't know what it is, but it really hurt my ears
Sonya: Yeah, I could hear that. And this was another winner for the Electrum jury
Max: It's just so hypnotic and different, very nice job from Rotia
Sonya: Things aren't so different if everything is different, Max

41. Elejamie
Sonya: After that long introduction, I don't know what to say about their song
Max: I think it was just a bit repetitive, everything too electric for me.
Sonya: Well that IS the name of their band. We saw them before in WorldVision 35
Max: Yes! I do remember the hip rocking, and they've done that again, so a bit of continuity
Sonya: Don't know whether it will do well in the Electrum vote, but we'll see.

42. Montenia
Max: Just a great song from Montenia
Sonya: It's getting real tough to choose the top twenty songs, but yes, it is a good song. Ticks the right boxes.
Max: Yes. Agreed.

43. Praciba
Sonya: A reminder of the strange prison system formerly in Praciba
Max: A banana a day? It's too ridiculous to be true, but it seems to be true
Sonya: Just too strange, too strange.

44. Nekoni
Sonya: Funky, upbeat song, a great surprise from Nekoni.
Max: Yes, what a refreshing song. I like it a lot.
Sonya: You've got the organ, you've got the rock, you've got the gyrations.

45. Coreyo
Max: The standard fare from Coreyo
Sonya: Just that girl group again it seems.
Max: Average song methinks.
Sonya: I kinda like it a bit more. I think I'm getting a bit tired commentating over all the songs.
Max: I think that's the end of the competition. I'm going to go out for some coffee.
Sonya: Alright, I'll stay here
Last edited by Electrum on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Entry №44
Night Moves
"Euphoria"

Based on: Trouble by Ola Salo

Night Moves are a glam rock band from Marina Point, Nekoni. Taking their inspiration from the music they grew up listening to from the 70s, their sound is a mix of old and new, with much influence coming from classic rock, and occasionally with some rather risqué lyrics. They are a six-piece, consting of vocals, lead guitar, bass, drums, percussion and keyboard/organ. All of the band are between the ages of 23 and 27, and the frontman, vocalist Rico Gualazzi, is very much a media magnet. With his outlandish costumes and behaviour, both on and off stage, he is one of the most polarising faces in the national music industry, and the guys at NTR believe some of this will rub off tonight...

"This is a properly retro-sounding song here, it's as decadent as you can get," the NTR1 commentor explains during the live broadcast. "It's a bit cheesy, but that's what this contest is all about, isn't it? We all hope it goes well for the boys, we really do. Song #44!"

The LED bars of the set are glowing a lush golden hue. The background screens of the stage display a dark purple leopard print effect. In the middle of the stage, there is a roughly 3m tall purple plinth, with an opaque sugar glass front and golden detail around the edges (as if to resemble an ornate four poster bed), with stairs leading around both its left and right sides to floor level. There is a closed section above the top of the glass front with wires connecting it to the ceiling. Continuing with the theming are smaller purple plinths to the left and right for the musicians. On the left, the drums and percussion (conguitas, for those interested) are situated on seperate platforms, on the right are platforms for the keyboardist and two backing singers. Both guitarists are plinthless at the front of the stage.

The band are dressed in different suits, all variations on the colour scheme of dark purple and black. The two backing vocalists (both female) are wearing long black dresses with a dark purple belt, with a purple headband in long, wavy dark hair. Both of them also play auxillary percussion: one on tambourine, one on tube shaker.

The song begins, and the band (minus Rico) begin to play. The backdrop screens display a silhouette of Rico in black, walking from the right side to the centre, through a background resembling a nouveau-riche cocktail bar. On the way, a white silhouette of a bartender walks in the other direction, with a tray of what appears to be cocktail glasses, of which Rico takes one and continues walking, drinking as he goes. When he reaches the center of the screen (which matches up with the front of the plinth's glass frame), the shadow throws the cocktail glass over his shoulder, the real Rico jumps through the fake glass frame, revealing he had been inside the central plinth all along. He is wearing a midnight purple suit jacket, with a large, black ceramic pendant in the shape of a heart across his upper chest, alongside tight white leather trousers and black shoes. His hair is long, flowing and black, with a single purple and platinum blonde highlight through it on the left side.

He swaggers to the front of the stage, between the two guitarists, microphone in stand, to deliver the first verse. His movements are extremely pronounced, as you'd expect stage movements from a 70s glam throwback to be. Lots of hip-gyrating is the order of the day.

"It's been so long since I made my goodbyes
And it feels like forever
And now I find that it's right in my eyes
It screams 'it's now or never'
So tonight I'm gonna hit my natural high
Make you my best endeavour"

During each line in the bridge, he looks into each camera, left first, then right, then the central camera. For the fourth line, he un-stands his microphone, turns his back to the camera and heads back to the plinth.

So hold on to me
I'll hold on to you
It's gonna get exciting and
I'm never gonna stop

For the chorus, Rico is inside the plinth where he started. Upon the start of the chorus, the lights inside the plinth switch on, bathing the singer in a golden beam. The LED lights around the stage have changed to dark purple, and the platforms the musicians are standing on are now animated: a swirling pattern of gold, purple and black.

Let's get together
Make this night last forever
Believe in me and I'll take you to heaven
Just come up and see
You know that you can trust me
Come on, close your eyes and feel the heat
I'll take you to euphoria

To match the start of the second verse, the entire stage is now bathed in a dark hot pink. As Rico leaves the plinth, the path where he walks is 'lit' in gold using the floor screen. He reaches the front of the stage, and gets down on his knees to perform the verse. Despite the lack of leg movement, the choreography is just as wild and brash as he was standing.

It's gone midnight when you're locked in my sights
As we both start breathing deeper
Between the heat of the soft velvet sheets
Nobody's gonna sleep, yeah

For the second bridge, he once again looks at the cameras, but this time, the camera cuts between him and the backing singers.

So hold on to me
I'll hold on to you
It's gonna get exciting and
I'm never gonna stop

The second verse brings back the colour scheme of the stage to the original purple and gold. Rico jumps to his feet and reaches out into the crowd for a quick burst of hi-fives from the front row.

Let's get together
Just come up and see

Whilst the camera focuses on the organ solo, Rico has enough time to get into position at the foot of the left stairwell of the large plinth.
As the middle-eight of the song progresses, he steadily moves up the stairs on every line, one step at a time. Each step is lit up gold when it is stood on, reaching the top (which conveniently has a guitar at the top) with enough time to grab the guitar for the solo. For every step, a letter of the word "EUPHORIA" is flashed in white on the screen in the large plinth.

We're on fire
Hearts entwined
Jump into the unknown
Love is blind
Feel the passion
Taste the champagne
Damn, it feels good to be
Back in the game, yeah!

Yes, Rico is that much of a show-off, he's doing the guitar solo. As he's wailing on the six-string, bursts of purple-tinged CO2 are set off on the four corners of the top of his platform. During the solo, the backing singers leave their platform, and join Rico at the top of the plinth up either stairwell, still playing percussion. Both reach the top by the time the solo finishes.

The chorus is played with Rico placing his guitar back in the stand and singing with a handheld microphone. During the verse, the previously-closed platform starts extending in front of the three, out from the space above the top of the broken glass frame, pulled by the wires in the arena rafters. The platform extends a good two metres into the crowd, with crash matting laid on the floor where the crowd is standing.

The crowd retreat from the matting to a safe distance, as helped by the security.

Come on, let's get together
Just come up and see

Now, the platform is fully extended. Rico walks along the platform whilst singing, with the backing singers left standing on the main plinth. At the last line, he is at the edge of the platform.

Just come up and see

At each "Come on", he punches the air. On the final grunt, he leaps off the platform into the crash matting.

Come on!
Come on!
UH!

Rico lands into the heavy matting, on the last note of the song. The screaming crowd break from the security and swarm him. Before he is covered by 2,000 screaming bodies, he yells into the microphone: "Grazie, Rokkestaat, we love you all! VOTO PER NEKONI!"
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Coreyo Entertainment
Secretary

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Coreyo Entertainment » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:00 pm

45. Coreyo

The performance is exactly the same as shown below:
Performance

Hey y'all,
Do you know what time it is?
It must be dance time!
Here we go!

This is summer,
Let's go out and have fun,
With the radio on all night long.
Hey, turn it up!

The beat goes on,
Let's travel far away,
Across the bright horizon.
Oh, oh.

Start the engine,
Book a flight plan.
Right now, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.
Excited, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Listen to the beat,
Scream and shout out,
Hit the pedal hard,
and the music blares out.

We can’t stop, stop, stop.
It’s Dancing Time!
Keep it up,
It's your dancing time!

We will rock, rock, rock,
'Cuz it's dancing time!
D-A-N-C-E,
D-A-N-C-E.

Dance with Soju*, Vodka, Bourbon!
Head to Jeju*, and Kasin, of Kalosia,
The emerald, gorgeous, beach waves,
Oh, yeah!
D-A-N-C-E,
D-A-N-C-E.

We love summer,
Not yet, Fall and Winter,
DJ, A-yo, turn it up!

The music,
Fits well with the blue sky,
Blending in with the sunshine.

Don't waste this sacred summertime,
Everyone, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.
Singing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Adrenaline,
Shoots higher,
The music, don't stop,
Let's keep this, here we go!

It’s Dancing Time!
Keep it up,
It's your dancing time!

'Cuz it's dancing time!
D-A-N-C-E,
D-A-N-C-E.

Oh, yeah!
D-A-N-C-E,
D-A-N-C-E.

Sunshine will disappear,
but we won't stop,
The party continues,
It'll go on and on and on!

It’s Dancing Time!
Keep it up,
It's your dancing time!

'Cuz it's dancing time!
D-A-N-C-E,
D-A-N-C-E.

Oh, yeah!
D-A-N-C-E,
D-A-N-C-E.

*A popular alcoholic drink in Coreyo
**Island in the southern part of Coreyo; see bottom of factbook: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=core ... ok/id=main
Last edited by Coreyo Entertainment on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out: Coreyo (Main nation)
Coreyo Sports (Bureau of Sports of Coreyo)

WV38: Entropy - Gloom (17/37 - 55 Points)
WV39: New Evolution - Pretty (20/45 - 52 Points)
WV40: Girls' Era - Dance (34/44 - 24 Points)

WHF16: Entropy - Gloom (3/9 - 19 Points)
WHF17: New Evolution - Pretty (9/12 - 10 Points)
WHF18: After Obstacles - MM (12/18 - 9 Points)

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saviera » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am

46. Saviera
Bad Ass, By YYTB

To The Tune Of Bad Romance By Lady Gaga

Saviera Returns! Finally after a 10 Edition break.
YYTB is a Band with 5 Members. Their Names are Badia, Diot, Jajy, Pruro, and Soa. This Song was written by Pruro and Soa. But No One knows what Waba means.

Oooohohohohooo…
Want your bad buttock
Oooohohohohooo…
Want your waba ass

Butt-butt-buttbuttock
Waba-waba ass
Soa’s sexy ass
Want your waba ass

Butt-butt-buttbuttock
Waba-waba ass
Soa’s sexy ass
Want your waba ass

We want your ass cos it’s an ass
Beautiful ass that no one can resist
We want your ass
Waba-waba-grassy-grass-grass

You know that your ass is so sexy
So we wanna grab it your waba ass
We want your ass
Grassy ass your grassy ass

You know that I grope you
And you know that you grope me
We both have grassy
Grassy ass

I want your waba and I want your ass
You and me could make a bad ass
Oooohohohohooo…
I want your ass and all your ass is grassy

Oooohohohohooo…
Want your bat buttock
Oooohohohohooo…
Want your grassy ass

Butt-butt-buttbuttock
Waba-waba ass
Soa’s sexy ass
Want your waba ass

I want your grass coming out of your ass
I want ass cos ass is an ass
I want your waba
Waba-waba-grassy-grass grass

I have a lot of ass in my room
I got porcupine ass and bear ass
I want your grass
Ass ass ass the waba ass

You know that I grope you
And you know that you grope me
We both have grassy, grassy ass

Oooohohohohooo…

Oooohohohohooo…
Want your waba ass
Oooohohohohooo…
Want your sexy ass

Butt-butt-buttbuttock
Waba-waba ass
Soa’s sexy ass
Want your waba ass

Ass ass grassy waba
Work it with your ass baby
Ass ass grassy waba
Ass ass grassy waba
Ass ass grassy waba
Work it
I am sexy grassy

I want your ass
And I want your grassy
I want your ass
Your waba waba ass

Prêt prêt prêt prêt
Prêt prêt prêt prêt prêt prêt
Prêt prêt prêt prêt

I don’t wanna shit bricks
I don’t wanna shit bricks
I DON’T WANNA SHIT BRICKS

WANT YOUR GRASSY ASS
WANT YOUR WABA ASS

You and me could make a BAD ASS
Oooohohohohooo…

Oooohohohohooo…
WANT YOUR BAT BUTTOCK
Oooohohohohooo…
WANT YOUR GRASSY ASS

Butt-butt-buttbuttock
Waba-waba ass
Soa’s sexy ass
Want your waba ass

YYTB say "GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ekoz
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Yohanna: Ladies and gentlemen. Forty-six nation's have graced the stage here in Rokkestaat fighting for the crown. The artists have done everything they possibly can, but now. It's up to you... (The stage lighting dims and the camera pans in on Yohanna). WorldVision, it's time to start voting.

This image appears on the LED screen's on stage and screens around the arena

Yohanna: To vote, all you have to simply do is call in and vote for your favourite. Or, for you ultimate WorldVision gay- excuse me, fans, you can't vote via WorldVision's very own app, available on iPhone and Android. The voting system is simple. For those who have been living under a rock, or have never been able to vote before like Milea(the crowd laugh then boo. Yohanna laughs), hey, I didn't write this, I'm just reading an autocue! (She laughs again). To continue, each nation awards points from 1-7, and then awards top points of 8, 10 and 12; twelve being the most voted-for song. Lines are officially open but please remember that you cannot vote for your own nation.

Yohanna walks to the left side of the stage and faces another camera to the audience

Yohanna: The STE has kept the interval act as classified information up until this evening. Earlier on in the month, you may recall WorldVision veterans Kishrael and Polkopia hosting a 'Best Of Edition' in their respective cities, and what a fantastic contest that was; could we all have a round of applause ladies and gentlemen?!

To carry on with the 40th anniversary celebrations, the STE planned at the winner of the 'Best OF Edition' would become the interval act for the contest here in Rokkestaat. Ekoz never win's anything, so gladly I did not have to take on the honour of being the interval act this evening! (the crowd laugh) however, one act from one nation did win and claims it's place in history as the best ever WorldVision entry. With a total of 121 points, from the beautiful nation of Todlichebujoku, ladies and gentlemen, you're ultimate WorldVision winner, Veli!!
Koniksgrand Eköses

Ekoz
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 pm

The arena is dark, as ice-blue accents streak briefly across the stage. The background screen lights up with a great flash to reveal the horizon of a beautiful, sunlit plain with green fields and stately trees as the first great auditory blow reverberates through the arena. A few moments later, a second flash of light replaces the previous image of beauty and bounty with the same vista, but this time a cold, gray landscape of drifting ash and bare trees. At the third, more electronic blow, the overhead lights rapidly flash and then focus on the stage, illuminating Veli in front of this large triangular sculptural prop as angular shards of the background image fall away behind him to reveal slightly rose-tinted peeks at the previous image, and he begins to sing
Too weary to notice through this incandescent pain
Every day dawns terrible, but delicious all the same
Wracked by all these new sensations
What is left of our creation?

The lights briefly intensify. The image on the background screen blurs, running together as if it were melting, before zooming to a volcano in the distance and diving into its fiery depths, where the orange and red of its lava engulfs the entirety of the screen. Veli lets loose for the chorus
Cyanide eyes and honey-gold skin
You lure me close and pull me in
Loving me without a trace
Nothing's on your face

The heat of the lava seeps away as frost covers the background screen and the lights dim so that the only major light source is the screen. At the first "blast" of sound, a man in dark clothing is briefly illuminated as he steps out from behind the rightmost (from the audience's perspective) leg of the prop. Veli turns toward him, and the background screen briefly shows static as if its feed were interrupted. The light poles/bars surrounding the stage flash in various shades of gray and silver, adding to the static effect. The figure heads toward the center as Veli runs to the leftmost leg of the sculpture. The famed singer climbs to the middle of the sculpture just as the second blast tears through the arena and the dark figure makes it to the leftmost leg, the two men briefly illuminated by separate spotlights as they momentarily freeze in place. Like before, the screen briefly turns to static. Veli climbs to the top of the sculpture and looks around for someplace else to flee, as the man approaches his perch and the third blast roars. The spotlights again briefly highlight the pursuer and the pursued as the two freeze, the screen's static phase lasting this time for the duration of the blast. The static does not fully go away, with the frosty image disrupted by occasional streaks of static. Following the blast, the man stays in his frozen state, allowing Veli to continue singing and also climb down in between lines. The figure then assumes a sinister pose facing the audience
I truly loved you then but now it's just a game
Your icy countenance is eating up my flame
Oh.. You're sometimes nothing more than a deity of hate

The dark figure seems to disappear, as the sculpture fades into darkness except for its accent lights, the spotlights on Veli brighten again and the frost on the screen shatters to reveal a swirling maelstrom of lava-colored streaks. Veli returns to his original position in the middle of the stage. Having caught his breath from his little workout, he belts out the chorus
I swore I'd never leave in haste
You put my life to waste

The view on the screen turns upward to an icy blue sky and a pale sun (with the sun on the center screen), and the lights become fainter and more ethereal. Veli refocuses onto his breathing and voice as he closes his eyes and looks down, and then looks out over the audience
Ooh… I had hoped to peer within
Ooh... Try to salve you of your sins
Oo-ooh... But now I know too well
There is no hope

The screen's view suddenly "falls" as the guitar solo begins. The circle of the sky decreases in size until the view is that of a stylized lava pit and the "camera" plunges beneath the surface, bubbles whooshing past every which way as if the collective screen was tumbling uncontrollably. The lights do an undulating motion, then scattering and refocusing on Veli, brightening as they do so. He takes a deep breath to sing the final chorus, dropping to his knees and closing his eyes after the last line
Loving me without a trace
You put my life to waste

The lights momentarily dim, then they and the screens alternately flash on and off as the music's parting beats rip through the arena and dissipate.
Koniksgrand Eköses

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Ar Norgwéanan Votager
(The spokesperson for Normandy and Picardy, Marcello Esvejat, begins speaking in Norgwéan. An English translation is provided below)

Bonjasorlí MondeVis, Bonjasorlí Rokkestaat. Einale Ega Marcello et einalai ega prevtetön ar norgwéanan votager nesa. Avalîs avails nusa toul ota wolenbartína nesa nesa ikma en Norgwéan et Picgwéan . Marci é kostralîssan toulgener qui eröny possiðe, et é toule ar accer. Sanís loian adocemon, ikma einalés ar norgwéanan votager.

Good Evening WorldVision, Good Evening Rokkestaat. I am Marcello and I will present the Normand votes tonight. We have all had a wonderful night tonight here in Normandy and Picardy. Thank you to everyone who has made this possible, and to all of the acts. Without further ado, here are the Normand votes.

Main, einalés era téma pau eras printínnéas pointjas. Bonja chané!
Now, it's time for the main points. Good Luck!

Mister X

Praciba

Bloodbath Generation
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Don't ask how a parrot delivers the votes.

A small, green parrot is sitting on a table in front of the camera. There is a paper on it; the parrot tears off a strip of paper, which reveals the country and amount of points Talvezout is giving.

1 point goes to EKOZ
2 points go to POLKOPIA
3 points go to KISHRAEL
4 points go to KALOSIA
5 points go to ALOQUIRBE
6 points go to BLOODBATH GENERATION
7 points go to DREAMPLANET

8 points go to Praciba!

10 points go to Electrum!

And 12 points to to KwaDai!

The parrot flies off the table to go deliver the Gente votes.
Last edited by Talvezout on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

The Free City of Rouen
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free City of Rouen » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Rouen Votes...

12 Points - Praciba
10 Points - Saviera
8 Points - FEC Milea
7 Points - The Sarian
6 Points - Bloodbath Generation
5 Points - Elejamie
4 Points - Kalosia
3 Points - Normandy and Picardy
2 Points - Montenia
1 Point - Rotia

Esta Lloviendo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Esta Lloviendo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:28 pm

The parrot reappears again, with a long trail of paper behind him.

He promptly begins ripping up the new paper for the votes.

1 point goes to Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
2 points go to Former Ekozian Colony of Milea.
3 points go to Southern Dreamplanet.
4 points go to Wazekia
5 points go to Izmedu.
6 points go to Normandy & Picardy.
7 points go to The Sarian.

8 points go to Yttribia!

10 points go to Britonsea!

12 points go to Francile!

The parrot walks up to the camera, squawks, and starts pecking at it.
Puppet of Talvezout.

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:12 pm

THE SWORDEANS VOTE

"Hello everybody. Angelou calling. Yes, of course this is Shop Owner. I may or may not be in the restroom for the participants of this contest. As you know, I will be singing again in WorldVision 41. Yay! The best artist in WorldVision history is coming back baby! Anyways, onto the votes. Due to our war with the SETO organisation, no points to any of them will be awarded. Here are our votes.

Uno vote for Praciba, for sending along a catchy song about bananas (My favourite fruit).

Two votes for The Sarian, for failing terribly; Thanks to the title, I knew that would happen.

Three votes for Santaclausisgodistan for their song, on the condition that he Santa who reads out the votes gives me my Christmas present; The death of SETO.

Four votes for Mister X for sending along a guy who we gave votes to for his song bout killing in the WV Best Of Edition.

Five votes to Owner-osity. I wish we coul give more to our Rushmori embassy nation, but we can't thanks to rules about giving points to your embassy nation. Well, I liked the gummy bears with air freshener a over their privates, and the scared kids...

Six votes to Electrum Diplomatic Offices for doing what all good evil dictators who want to win WorldVision do; Copy the old winning songs.

Seven votes to the toilet anthem of Missus X, the same nation who always send along something that makes us laugh! Funniest song of the night! Now, onto the big ones...

Eight points for Electrum. God song and nothing to do with the nation of Coconut Isle, who we are about to bomb.

Ten points to the masterpiece of Krytenia.

And twelve for... Gregoryisgodistan, for another good song, and for being on our side in the war!

Good night Multiverse!"
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Owner-osity
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Owner-osity » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:21 pm

1 vote to Missus X
2 votes to The Sarian
3 votes to Kalosia
4 votes to Mister X
5 votes to The Sword Bloke
6 votes to Electrum
7 votes to Gregoryisgodistan
8 votes to Electrum Diplomatic Offices
10 votes to Praciba
12 votes to Santaclausisgodistan, if they give Shop Owner his present.
**THE SWORDEAN TERRITORY OF OWNER-OSITY**

Please send all telegrams intended to this nation to The Sword Bloke.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 pm

12 points to Electrum Diplomatic Offices
10 points to The Sword Bloke
8 points to Owner-osity
7 point to Missus X
6 points to Kasanova-Koratica
5 points to Mister X
4 points to Yttribia
3 points to Bloodbath Generation
2 points to Nekoni
1 to Praciba
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Santaclausisgodistan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Santaclausisgodistan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:40 pm

12 points to Electrum Diplomatic Offices
10 point to The Sword Bloke
8 points to Associated Godlands
7 points to Missus X
6 points to Holy Republican Empire
5 points to Gregoryisgodistan
4 points to Kasanova-Koratica
3 points to Owner-osity
2 points to Kishrael
1 point to Wakeziea

Coreyo Entertainment
Secretary

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Coreyo Entertainment » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:58 pm

12 points to Francile
10 point to Kishrael
8 points to Associated Godlands
7 points to Missus X
6 points to Holy Republican Empire
5 points to Esta Lloviendo
4 points to Montenia
3 points to Owner-osity
2 points to Wakeziea
1 point to Aloquirbe
Check out: Coreyo (Main nation)
Coreyo Sports (Bureau of Sports of Coreyo)

WV38: Entropy - Gloom (17/37 - 55 Points)
WV39: New Evolution - Pretty (20/45 - 52 Points)
WV40: Girls' Era - Dance (34/44 - 24 Points)

WHF16: Entropy - Gloom (3/9 - 19 Points)
WHF17: New Evolution - Pretty (9/12 - 10 Points)
WHF18: After Obstacles - MM (12/18 - 9 Points)

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:09 pm

( OOC : Guys, it's Francilie, not Francile ! :p )

FRANCILIE CALLING
Emilie Emesterel is the spokesperson of Francilie. She took part in the 32nd contest in Gronbis, Lyonsland.

1 point : Britonisea
2 points : Montenia
3 points : Electrum
4 points : Yttribia
5 points : The Sarian
6 points : Kishrael
7 points : Normandy & Picardy

8 points : Missus X

10 points : Todlichebujoku

12 points : Praciba
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Zaynab al Sheikh, KwaDaian actress and songwriter

Asalamu alaykum! Masā el khayr to Rokkestaat and WorldVision from Tripoli, KwaDai! I present to you the result of the KwaDaian vote.

1. Polkopia
2. Electrum
3. Titaniumland
4. Izmedu
5. Ekoz
6. Rotia
7. Talvezout

KALOSIA

TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

KISHRAEL
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:21 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 40 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Image*

41 - Elejamie

CE: And we're doomed. It's a shame that this wasn't as good as The Warp.
FT: The Warp wasn't that great either.
CE: Maybe so, but it's amazing that we placed that high on our debut and everything else after it... Meh. Hell, I was hoping that Monochrome Haze came at least 15th!

42 - Montenia

CE: A little bit slow and quiet but otherwise quite a good song. I can imagine this doing quite well over here.

43 - Praciba

CE: Praciba. No more needs to be said, really.

44 - Nekoni

CE: I must say that this contest is starting to really pick up!
FT: I agree. I mean, this song is actually... not bad.

45 - Coreyo

CE: A brilliant summer tune and, indeed, I bet a few people at home are dancing.
FT: (with an air of sarcasm in his voice) Which is why I've nailed my feet to the floor.

46 - Saviera

CE: OK, Fluh-yeen, you can take your hands off of your ears now!
FT: That is what music would sound like if you played instruments made entirely out of human pain.
CE: I don't know, Fluh-yeen. It was... OK, it wasn't good but it could've done with a bit of work.
FT: Like destroying the masters and torching the studio.

Recap

CE: Forty-six entries. That must be a new record. I mean, how many people took part last time?
FT: Forty-seven.
CE: Oh, right.
FT: If we took part, then we probably would've come fiftieth.
CE: Don't be like that! Now, let's get onto the REALLY important bit: The voting.
FT: The WorldVision hotline is back up. So dial 555 72 53, followed by your favourite entry. For example, if you liked Kalosia's entry 555 72 53 02. If you liked that Santa Claus song, then it's 555 72 53 03. And so on.
CE: But... you skipped Owner-osity's opening entry.
FT: I know.
CE: And if you wanted to vote by text, then it's SONG, then your favourite entry. All caps, by the way. If you liked the weirdness that is Owner-osity, it's SONG01. If you liked Kalosia, then it's
FT: Calls cost 50ᶈ per minute from an EleTel network; other carriers have different rates. Texts cost 25ᶈ plus your standard network charge. Vote once otherwise your vote will be wasted.
CE: And nothing's worse than a wasted vote! Unless you waste it on purpose. Now, onto the interval act!

Interval Act

CE: And here we have Valley Pin-hero...
FT: Swing and a miss.
CE: ... Performing not only the WorldVision 32 winning entry but also the WorldVision winning entry... Cyanide Eyes. And it's as good as people say it is. Seriously, it's not my personal favourite WorldVision entry - still the Subtle Swords back in 36 - but it's still enjoyable to this day. I liked this.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Rotia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Nikica Duvnjak, Rotian television host and actress.

Dobra Večer Rokkestaat, this is Mazan calling. Thank you for a spectacular show. Now, the Rotian televote results

1 Point // Normandy & Picardy
2 Points // Ekoz
3 Points // Polkopia
4 Points // Kishrael
5 Points // Esta Lloviendo
6 Points // Bloodbath Generation
7 Points // Talvezout

Gaciadia

Titaniumland

Izmedu
The Federal Republic of Rotia // Savezna Republika Zlotia
Icelandic, 16 year old, Asexual and a huge dork.
Support: Capitalism, Equality, Internet Neutrality, Israel, US, Japan, Nato
Against: Communism, Socialism, Radical Feminism, Tumblr, Palestine, The Middle East, Scandinavia, Religion.
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
WV39 - Jovanka Kopanja - Drug // 28th - 42 Points
WV40 - Drent X Jalina Provani - Spremiti // TBA
ISideWith

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates