NATION

PASSWORD

Just Another Day at the Beach (OPEN MT CHARACTER RP)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Perfect! he managed to refrain from celebrating, simply smiling wider. "That's good to hear. See...'cause back home....its all one big den of inequity." He was incredibly glad Teri would be joining him, though. Speaking of...

Dusk had fallen. It would be properly dark in about twenty minutes, he reckoned. Their second round of drinks had already arrived, and they'd had time to work on them for a little bit. He turned back to Teri. "So, did you want to head off to get ready, or are you going to hit the town in that?" he asked, indicating her rather scantily-clad state.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Parina
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 am

Teri blushed as she realized she was still in her bikini.

"Oh, yes...I should change," she said. "I have an apartment, not far from here. It's where I stay when I'm down here."

James, meanwhile, took a look at his watch. "Damn," he muttered. Then he looked up. "Well, it's been fun, but I need to get moving. Teri, Honorius, great meeting both of you, but I have to go." He got up, and fished out a few dollars. "Here, I've got the tip." He laid it on the table and waved farewell, walking from the bar.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Honorius nodded. "Fair enough. It was good to meet you, James. I hope I'll get to see you again before I head out, eventually. G'night." As James paid the tip, he smiled, real friendly-like. "Thanks, man."

Now he concentrated on Teri. "That's fine. Take your time. Would you like me to walk you back? I could wait at the bottom floor, or whatever, or would you rather meet up later?"

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Teri got up. Her suit had ridden up a bit, giving Honorius a nice view of her rear end for a bit, until Teri pulled the material down to it's normal position. "Come along," she told him. "It's not too far."

The apartment was only a block away, and unlike the proverbial urban apartment, it was large and spacious. It was clearly a high-end building, with an amazing view of the beach. "Father let me buy it so I wasn't staying in hotels for a week when I went on vacations and such," she explained. "The view is great from my room. You want to take a look? You can all the way down to the docks."
Last edited by Parina on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm

For his part, Honorius enjoyed the view for as long as it could be viewed discreetly. However, as that opportunity dwindled, he turned his attention 'northward', as it were. He enjoyed the walk back in the open sea air, breathing in deeply. Good. Refreshing.

As they entered the apartment, he was slightly surprised. His experience in apartments had not been even close to this: the apartments and tenements of Skarrsboro and Daalhulm, the two cities with which he was most familiar, along with Thomasburg, were typically cramped, even the nicer ones; a 'nice' apartment back home was simply on two floors or took up one or more room spots, using the same cramped quarters, only with more.

This, on the other hand, had more in common with the single-family homes back in the Federation, something he wasn't used to; a soldier usually got the barracks, or, afterward, on their usual pay, a normal apartment or somesuch. It was...luxurious, in his view. Almost opulent. Impressive. He gave an appreciative whistle.

"Woah. This is nice. I'd love to take a look." He said this, almost idly. He knew exactly what she was talking about, but he was half-hoping she was referring to a different view.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 pm

"I'm guessing you're used to more spartan conditions?" Teri asked him as they walked into the elevator. She pressed the number 7, and the car began to rise through the building.

"Most of the apartments don't look like this," she explained. "This area is mostly upper class, merchants and aristocrats and such. People who can afford the place or," she smiled. "People whose parents can."

After a while, there was a ding and the doors split open, opening right into the the living room, which contained a couch, some chairs, a radio, and a small TV-TV was just starting to become available, meaning only the upper class had it, and even then it was low-quality and limited in diversity. Doors led into the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen/dining room, and a closet. It was somewhat devoid of personal objects, with a few suitcases strewn about.

"I don't stay here often," she explained. "I come down for a week or two, then it's back up to Parsius and the family home. The view is great from the kitchen," she gestured to one of the doors, "and feel free to grab a drink from whatever is in the fridge." As she spoke, she walked towards the bedroom door, which was ajar, revealing a double bed, a bedside table with a lamp and a clock, and a set of drawers. Clothes lay on the floor in disorder.

"And take a seat if you want," she shouted from behind the now closed door. "I might be a while."

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Honorius nodded. "Yeah. You could say 'spartan.' Barracks tend to be. And the lodgings in Thomasburg and Skarrsboro back home are all much more cramped. Even the nicer ones."

He nodded as she explained, noticing the comparatively primitive TV present in the room; even poorer people in the Federation tended to have one, even if it wasn't terribly good. Programming for them was big business. He looked around more, noticing the view from the kitchen. It was grand. As was the fact that here the water was actually blue; on the Skraeling coast, near where Honorius hailed from, the water was usually a greyish-blue-green, and frigid. Which, of course, didn't keep them from swimming in it. But it wasn't beautiful.

*Whistle* "Yeah. The view is great." He looked over at her retreating form as she closed the bedroom door, having just enough time to note that it was rather messy inside.

That told him a few possible tidbits: A) she was a somewhat messy person; there were plenty of people like that, Honorius included, even if he had had it stamped out of him by service; or B) she had had other people back here and hadn't had a chance to tidy up. He wasn't sure which would be more favorable.

He wasn't particularly thirst, so he simply sat and watched the sea, and thought.

Rich girl, then. Pretty, and foward. Probably not a virgin he thought, idly. Should be fun to hang around. Even if I don't score a home-run tonight. Even for his often courteous manner, Honorius' mind could be as dirty and one-tracked as any mans. Particularly when that side had been excited by proximity to a target, as it were.

He waited, anticipating the fun night that awaited.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:41 pm

After about ten minutes the door opened and Teri stepped out wearing a piece of the latest fashion, a mini-dress designed like a Roman toga which swirled about her slender legs. It was a golden orange color, which nicely complimented her ebony hair.

"How do I look?" She turned around, showing off how the dress accented the curves of her body. It was clearly designed to attract attention, but most women who could afford to do so were wearing this type of fashion, a break from the usually conservative values of Parina.

She grabbed a handbag which held, among other things, her gun, and slipped on a pair of shoes. "Ready to go?"

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Honorius let his eyes rest on her legs and chest a little longer than was strictly necessary to 'take it all in.' However, he didn't even bother to really hide it. Even so, it was a remarkably conservative, discreet ogling. Well, sort of.

He whistled softly. "Quite nice. Now I feel rather underdressed," he said, smiling slyly. "Don' reckon you've got anything I can wear?" he added with a laugh, clearly kidding.

"Quite ready, Teri. Whenever you are. Shall we?" he gestured to the door.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:34 pm

OOC-Sorry for the wait, I was gone most of the weekend without internet access

IC-Teri lauhged. "Sorry, I don't think you're my size." She looked through her bag, made sure she had everything, and nodded. "Yes, we shall."

They walked out onto the street, now a bit more crowded with people coming from work, either going home or going to their favorite hangout. Teri's dress got a few looks, but nothing besides. The presence of Honorius beside her dissuaded any potential trouble.

"Where do you want to go?" Teri asked.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Honorius smiled at the humor as they stepped out the door. They made their way easily down the stairs, then to the street, and began walking.

Teri's appearance drew a few looks, and Honorius occasionally shot a look to the more persistant ones of "I wouldn't do that, if I were you," but otherwise, it was a relaxing walk, and it didn't happen often. Honorius simply enjoyed the fact that there was someone that wasn't acting in worried deference to him, and the cool night air.

On hearing Teri's question, he shrugged. "Honestly, part of the reason I asked you to tag along is because I don't know where to go. Any ideas?"

(OOC: Don't worry about it; I didn't have power most of the weekend (Blizzard of 2010, baby! W00T W00T!))
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Teri thought for a bit. "There's a nice bar on Hellen Street," she said. "Little family place, not too shady and nice people there. Some friends of mine are probably there. Or," she thought. "if you're tired of bars, there's some dance clubs in that same area. And there's some bars with dance clubs in them, if you want the best of both worlds." She laughed.
Last edited by Parina on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:44 pm

"There we go then! Dancin' seem good?" he asked, as they began walking towards the red-light district. They kept walking towards the district until they came to the first street with a lot of bars and clubs.

"Do you know the way to it from here?"
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atom Anarchists
Attaché

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Atom Anarchists » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:01 am

ooc: Is this still open?
AA is currently split: the bulk is truly anarchistic, but one area has a group that calls itself the government (The Kingdom of Bedox).

The anarchist region's general economy can be found here here. Due to the lack of government, however, the budget section for administration makes no sense: I automatically set that to $3 billion and assume the rest is somewhere in my economy. Bedox has a separate and highly opaque economy.

A hopefully current list of regional defense items can be found here.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 am

OOC: My instinct is to say yes, but the OP hasn't posted in here in a couple days; that could just be real life attacking and causing problems, or Parina might have stopped posting altogether. I don't know. Wait a few days before anyone jumps to conclusions, at least.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 pm

OOC-It's open, but I won't be posting till Monday at the earliest. RL is indeed on the offensive.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm

The establishment Teri led them to was a nondescript building-the better to help blur it's image in the eyes of anyone asked to describe it for law enforcement. When they walked in, the music was on full blast, with the racket of conversation a dim buzz underneath the pounding.

The place was set up like most clubs, with a large dance floor in the center, the DJ on one side, and booths for people who were either tired from dancing or waiting to start dancing to relax and order a drink from one of the scantily-clad Cyprian serving girls who scurried around the periphery of the club.

The dance club was pretty full, but there was still plenty of room on the floor. As they walked in, Teri recognized the song as some foreign pop song, which formed the bulk of the content in the dance clubs-Parina's cultural scene had yet to progress beyond classical music and slow jazz.

When they got near the dance floor, Teri turned to Honorius. "You want to dance, or grab a drink first?"
Last edited by Parina on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Whoops, missed your edit, Fanboyists. My post has been edited accordingly. Oh, and bump.
Last edited by Parina on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 pm

"Dance a little first, get drinks after that, then go back to dancin' the night away?"

He shrugged as he said this, indicating a lack of any particular preference. He pointedly avoided ogling any of the waitresses. He leaned against a wall idly as he said this.

OOC: Sorry 'bout the short post. Homework and college searching is a lot more than I thought.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Teri smiled. "Sounds good," she said.

Taking hold of his wrist, she led him onto the dance floor and started grooving to the beat. Her dress swirled around her as she moved, revealing more of her long, thin legs.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 pm

OOC-Bump?

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 pm

OOC: Sorry, life and writers' block interfering. Will try to have something up soon. Again, apologies.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates