NATION

PASSWORD

Ringworld 256 (IC, ATTN League of Mechanocracies Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tecton
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tecton » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:51 am

Deminis wrote:
Tecton wrote:"It is but a simulation of a battle. All of the nations represented here do may need much diplomacy between each other. I think you can join in at any time. I'm not one for simulated strife."

(Note: If you didn't know, you need to submit a ORBAT to the OOC thread and say which side you are joining to join it.)

"Are their only the two teams, or could another party be generated? As it is, this looks like a good way to test weapon designs and machinery." He gains a small smirk thinking of what weapons to choose from, So many designs, so many choices.

"Well, initially, yes, only two teams. I'm not exactly sure on adding new teams, that may be something to confront the Singapore or Aeiouia diplomat on..."
DEFCON Level: 5 - Normal Readiness
Current Event: Average life in Tecton
Citizen Temperament: Normal
Tech Level: FFT (SA stat is currently not canon, new issue system fucked me up.)
Military Personnel: 310,820,366 (Total)
Long Live Technology!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:50 am

"NO. JUST, FUCKING NO."

A rude smack in the face response has shown Jason a clear message: At least, for the current battle, no such additions can be made. The anonymous Singaporean at the side saying this already vanished, not leaving behind even an explanation.
Last edited by Singaporean Transhumans on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

Tecton
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tecton » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:05 am

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:"NO. JUST, FUCKING NO."

A rude smack in the face response has shown Markus a clear message: At least, for the current battle, no such additions can be made. The anonymous Singaporean at the side saying this already vanished, not leaving behind even an explanation.

(That was Jason asking about adding teams to the battle.)
Last edited by Tecton on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Level: FFT (SA stat is currently not canon, new issue system fucked me up.)
Long Live Technology!

Tecton
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tecton » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

The android turns back to the battle screen eventually, also fiddling with things on his datapad. He awaits some type of activity worthy of his attention (basically anything in the embassy or at least related to him/Tecton or on the screen.)
Last edited by Tecton on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live Technology!

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:15 pm

If one were standing on the very edge of the ring, facing off into the space away from the star, you would see an extremely bright flash of light, far brighter than the sun you would see if you looked in the other direction. If you somehow had the ability to zoom in you would see red lettering on the side of the spaceship, contrasting with the silver plating on the side. The lettering read "Sh.D. Karl Marx", signifying that it was indeed the famed flagship of the First Expeditionary Fleet. It had just arrived from the homeworld, Terra Sigma and was transporting a delegate to Ringworld 256.

Sofiya Konstantinov, the captain of the ship stared at the Ringworld through the camras of her ship that were connected to her nural prosthetics that allowed her to control the ship. It was a deeply affecting sight, for six months in warp was the pinnacle of boredom. Yes, the delegate was entertaining with all his talk of foreign policy; but, the fact still remained, six months in an opaque bubble travelling over 50 times the speed of light is incredibly dull regardless of who you put onboard. Now, now the images of fresh food, of parks, and of open spaces filled her mind.

The ship slowly rotated itself using the RCS thrusters and began retracting the warp ring, a structure that controlled the flow of spacetime in the surrounding area, thereby allowing faster than light travel. She then began the main engine.

The first device was ejected out behind the pusher plate and then the ship lurched forward. Another device and another change in velocity. She sometimes wished Central would have gone with the NSWR proposal. Nonetheless she did recognize that NSWRs were far to dangerous to carry sapients, one leak in the fuel tank and then boom. At least with EPPP craft you could shoot the propellant, with whatever you wanted and be guaranteed it would not ignite or do something bad.

Now the ship was nearing the ringworld's atmosphere. She rotated the ship once more and began the main engine in reverse to correct the orbit. The ship would be within the gravity field of the ringworld so that it would not move retaliative to it and remain there, stable.

She then detached herself from the console, it was good to be out of warp.

The bay doors slowly opened, revealing a small and undeniably sleek shuttle. It was chrome on the top of it with two large windows facing outward in the front, appearing somewhat like chrome a manta ray. On it's bottom it was black from the heat resistant ceramic tiles that would resist incineration while re-entering an atmosphere. Here it was of little use due to the slow speed that the shuttle would enter the atmosphere of the ringworld, but it would be of immense use if the shuttle were to be entering the atmosphere of say Terra Sigma.

The shuttle carrying the delegate, Dimitiri Alkaev, fired its main engine for a few seconds to begin entry into the ringworld's atmosphere. Slowly it accelerated, increasing it's relative velocity to around 1,000 m/s, a slow speed for atmospheric entry.

The shuttle began to rock as it entered the atmosphere, shaking the occupants and causing the delegate to feel nauseous. He grabbed for a bag to throw up into, but he never did throw up. Once the shuttle had reached cruising altitude the main engine, a closed cycle molten salt thermal turbojet, began firing. The shuttle now moved sleekly through the atmosphere of the ringworld at over three times the speed of sound to it's destination.

The landing site was a small field of grass in what appeared to be a park. While it was by no means an optimal landing spot, the pilot would of preferred a place with far more room and far less trees nearby, it was close to the destination and clear enough.

As the shuttle moved in it fired it's reverse thrusters and then began firing it's VTOL engines, tipping the nose up and slowing it to a standstill within thirty seconds. The shuttle than began it's descent onto the field, firing it's engines to slow itself down periodically. It then slowed down as it reached the ground, singing the grass very slightly.

The Dimitiri Alkaev got out of the shuttle. He was not a particularly tall man, in fact he was a bit short at only 1.7 meters in height. He was informed that that was probably due to an error in the heating during decanting process. Regardless of his short size he had a formidable personality, often arguing world controllers to a standstill when they did do something he did not want them to do. Because of his personality and his skill at diplomacy he was assigned to the Department of Public Information.

He quickly outgrew his job as a office worker and thus was promoted quite rapidly, within five years he was the head of Public Information. He was overqualified for even this auspicious position, and as such he began being assigned as an ambassador, quickly becoming known as "the voice of the republic" for his constant status as head ambassador of the diplomatic corps.

Now he was here, standing upon a ringworld built far before the republic, by beings far more advanced than the republic, and yet he felt he was still very much the same person who had argued the World Controller of Aleron IVt to a standstill, who had sat at the office at the DepPubInf at age 18, not the great diplomat he had so often been called. And today, today he had a job to do, a job far bigger than anyone had ever done before.

But before he started that job, He needed a drink, something alcoholic preferably, probably vodka.

A sign caught his attention, it said "Bar" on it. As he walked near it he could see that the building attached to the sign contained just that, a small bar.

Shortly thereafter he exited with a vodka martini shaken, not stirred and walked to the nearest telescreen to find out where his office was.

"Computer, where is my office. I am Dimitiri Alkaev, chief delegate for Atomic Utopia."

He waited for a responce.

"Office 229, Section 3B, office building C" was the response to his question, and it suited him just fine.\

He walked into his office after riding the elevator to the correct floor. He noted that here too was a small bar and a landing pad.
Last edited by Atomic Utopia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Deminis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Deminis » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:36 pm

After a few hours of blatant wander, and jabbering, Being passed from physicist, to engineer, to Chemist, to I cant even remember that guys title... Was that even a guy? Markus finally made his way back to Jason at the embassy. Jason hadn't moved from the screen. "Come on Jason!' Markus called out, peeking his head in the door, "Lets go! I found out we can leave the portal open as long as we put a marker around it" Jason sighed in his musical voice and stood up, "Thank you for the conversation" He said the the tender before walking away. "So what are we doing now, Markus?" Markus started walking towards where the left their hooks to find them pulled taunt. "Oops" The both sound of simotaniously, having forgotten their order to pull back after three hours. They both grabbed onto the ropes tightly, yanking at them twice. The rope loosened enough for them to reconnect. "You see, I discovered that the portal we have is a rare version, but only because of how difficult it is to get the frequencies." Markus started up as he connected the rope. "Once the connection is made, Its a very stable unit, we could actually recreate this as a satellite unit, in space! Could you imagine having space craft just for trading with them? Pointless, yes but it would be AWESOME!" Jason just nodded not even paying attention. Their ropes pulled suddenly as they were whipped towards the portal, "What do you think? Good idea?" With out thinking Jason nodded again, not realizing what he had done.

As Markus and Jason re-entered the lab Markus called out the one of the younger men at a screen, "Leave it be! The physisist in there assured me it would be stable for a long long time, Just copy the frequency of the sub sonic soundwaves and focus on how to recreate that effect." Markus left both Seals open behind him as he walked in, "And don't worry about any passive air loss, the portal requires a forcefull entery to go through it, other wise the material just passes around it." Markus quickly picked up a phone, kicking one of the scientist of of his chair, "Hey yeah, Is corey in? Yeah, tell him i got a fun project for him. Thats right, and get this, We're putting a portal in space!"

At this point jason looked directly at Markus with a painful realization in his eyes as he remembered what had happened ont he way back. "I've doomed us all."

Mid East Oil & Luxury Minerals Corporation
Myrmidon Tactical Design
Rawlincia Agriculture Depot
New Yngen
Lyran Arms
MEOLM-Trade/Port
AIR KORENA-Port
New Yngen-Trade

I Write Like
[REDACTED BY MOD]??why??

GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:26 am

Alexandrian presence on the ringworld was reestablished in the form of a new arrival, the second to be dispatched. Unlike before, where one of the Empire's starships had to act as a beacon for gateway production, they now appeared to have no need for such relays. Additionally, the portal this creature stepped through was considerably more stable than the last one produced.

'The creature' was human, more or less. They were a little too human, if such a quality was even real. Too perfectly Terran, too well balanced between every aspect of attractiveness, and surrounded in glamour emulated by extensive nanotechnology. Either ambassadors were no longer armed as heavily, or culture had changed significantly in a seemingly disproportionate span of time. The only item on the Alexandrian's person, aside from clothing, was a silver cylinder that was about two inches in diameter. The cylinder had a grip fitted for the carrier's hand.

Sex was indeterminate. Clothing consisted of a long sarong, chest wrap, and much more scarf than one person could ever need. At first glance, the material of the clothing was white, but further inspection revealed that it glowed faintly and revealed a great many colours within itself.

The Alexandrian folded their arms at their waist and sniffed. This appeared to be some form of docking bay. In hindsight, it would have been better to deploy a probe instead of guessing at the ringworld's shifted position in the universe.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates