NATION

PASSWORD

The League of Mechanocracies (Open, MT/PMT/FT, OOC, Signups)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talking behind people's backs

It's cool
47%
It's awesome
19%
It's great
33%

Total votes : 36

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:18 am

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Vistora wrote:
MECHANICAL/SYNTHETIC CAMPGENETICS/NEURO CAMPSYNCRETIC/PIZZA THEORY CAMP
Blakullar
Nexus of Man/Autem Galacticus Nexum
Tinfect
Ashkera
The Andromeda Confederation
Vistora
New Frenco Empire
Singaporean Transhumans
Gigaverse (possibly)

I can assure--and I speak from five years' experience in the matter--that the difficulties of genetic engineering lie elsewhere. Those particular mechanical aspects are fairly easy to handle, so long as you're not trying to compile an entire genome from scratch. Genetic engineering, at least in today's capacity, is all about taking what nature's already done and progressively tweaking it here and there until you have a sequence that more or less performs an intended function. It's a little less top-down than traditional mechatronic engineering.

Hah, no self respecting pro-geneticist could go anything but Harmony. That's what it's all about. Purity rejects augmentations altogether.

We're probably not on the same source material. Harmony rejects most forms of human science and allows themselves to be swallowed by the outside. Purity, on the other hand, actually makes full use of genetic sciences to remove disability and "perfect" humanity in it's natural state.

I'm going off of Civ Beyond Earth. I didn't know there were any other sources.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:32 am

Vistora wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:We're probably not on the same source material. Harmony rejects most forms of human science and allows themselves to be swallowed by the outside. Purity, on the other hand, actually makes full use of genetic sciences to remove disability and "perfect" humanity in it's natural state.

I mean, a lot of the genetics-based sciences in the game are rooted in a Purity tech web. Purity aren't Luddites; Harmony would be the closest to that.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:52 am

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Vistora wrote:

I mean, a lot of the genetics-based sciences in the game are rooted in a Purity tech web. Purity aren't Luddites; Harmony would be the closest to that.

What? Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly, but Harmony was all about using genetics and other biological sciences to integrate with the aliens, eventually culminating in advanced neuropsionics. Purity was more about terraformation, defense, and generally recreating earthlike conditions.

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/tech_web4.jpg

Looking at the tech web now, it seems that each category of science is divided up fairly equally amongst each affinity.

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:
Ashkera wrote:The genetic approach will always be at cross-purposes from a design perspective. It requires focusing on both cell division, replication, and placement, and strength, speed, etc. Pure machine is free to focus on just strength/speed/etc.

Also, it should have a higher maximum density of computronium for the same reason.

At a certain point, the line becomes too blurred for it to matter. Alexandria just focused on advancement of cybernetics and things, right up until it was so advanced that they were using their nanotechnology for rapid fabrication of pseudo-organic bodies. Entirely biological in function, but born from machines.

With nanotech, it can get a bit blurry, and you could potentially do things like grow cells in one place and then move them. In general, though, with organic your subcomponents need to have two focuses (cell growth and division and all that are the reason cells are the way they are), and with pure synthetic they only need to have one (what it's supposed to do). Going higher tech shrinks the volume needed for both, but an equivalently high-tech synthetic will still have higher utility output per unit volume.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Vistora wrote:
Novum Alexandria wrote:(Harmony/Supremacy)
So long as the mind remains human, there is no need to shy away from extreme augmentation of the body.

Hah, no self respecting pro-geneticist could go anything but Harmony. That's what it's all about. Purity rejects augmentations altogether.

Both of you are crap, anyway.

While the idiots that call themselves Purists and Harmonists are bickering over whether or not to nuke the alien fauna from orbit, us Supremacists have made it our mission to bring about the technological enlightenment of the human race. Whether you wish to follow us in our crusade or not (I'm going for no, judging on how one camp is a bunch of treehugging heretics that would prostitute our entire species to the nearest alien army in a pinch, and the other is a pack of pathetically-sentimental conservatives doomed to repeat mistakes made on Earth) is another matter.
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Acheronis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Acheronis » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

While the idiots that call themselves Purists and Harmonists are bickering over whether or not to nuke the alien fauna from orbit, us Supremacists have made it our mission to bring about the technological enlightenment of the human race. Whether you wish to follow us in our crusade or not (I'm going for no, judging on how one camp is a bunch of treehugging heretics that would prostitute our entire species to the nearest alien army in a pinch, and the other is a pack of pathetically-sentimental conservatives doomed to repeat mistakes made on Earth) is another matter.

*Waves Supremacy banner*
The Transdimensional Dominion of Acheronis

We don't use NS stats
This nation does not necessarily represent my views.
Dominion Central News Network|Supreme Stratigos Artemis has been elected temporary Supreme Chancellor, Lord-Stratigos Frey is promoted to temporary Supreme Stratigos.

Observer of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

Autem Galacticus Nexum
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Autem Galacticus Nexum » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

>mfw the nexum is both purity and supremacy
A U T E M G A L A C T I C U S N E X U M

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Autem Galacticus Nexum wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Both of you are crap, anyway.

>nexum
>purity
>'artifically evolves to a new human race'

wat

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Aeiouia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeiouia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Technically, we would be Supremacy, just minus all of the militarism. We might have a bit of Harmonist in us as well due to said pacifism and whatnot, but turning people into robots still takes priority over genetically enhancing them. Of course, unlike the Beyond Earth Supremacists, we have no intention of forcing anyone to become a robot, though.

Granted, we only have one human-like race in our ranks, and we all have no connections to Earth Humanity whatsoever. So, the comparison to being human is kind of not applicable.
Last edited by Aeiouia on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Future Tech. Dim-witted living starship creatures in their equivalent to the stone age, attempting to form a civilization.
This nation got massively re-written a few years ago. Any posts from this nation before 2017 are eligible for cringe and losing subscriber.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Ashkera wrote:
Novum Alexandria wrote:At a certain point, the line becomes too blurred for it to matter. Alexandria just focused on advancement of cybernetics and things, right up until it was so advanced that they were using their nanotechnology for rapid fabrication of pseudo-organic bodies. Entirely biological in function, but born from machines.

With nanotech, it can get a bit blurry, and you could potentially do things like grow cells in one place and then move them. In general, though, with organic your subcomponents need to have two focuses (cell growth and division and all that are the reason cells are the way they are), and with pure synthetic they only need to have one (what it's supposed to do). Going higher tech shrinks the volume needed for both, but an equivalently high-tech synthetic will still have higher utility output per unit volume.

I don't even want to deal with nanotech. Nanotech is where stuff becomes rather contentious, especially when synthetic Drexlerian nano becomes involved.

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

Oh, how's that singularity going, Kurzweil? Last time I checked, biology had the whole sentience thing on lockdown for the past several million years. And now that we've just started decrypting the syntax that codes our lives, we are now on the path to write the game itself.

Autem Galacticus Nexum
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Autem Galacticus Nexum » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Blakullar wrote:

>nexum
>purity

wat

The Nexum considers the Homo renascitur to be the purest form of humanity, physically, psychologically, and religiously.
A U T E M G A L A C T I C U S N E X U M

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Blakullar wrote:>nexum
>purity

wat

The Nexum considers the Homo renascitur to be the purest form of humanity, physically, psychologically, and religiously.

This seems like a subject imminently facing a pissing match over semantics.

Three!

Two!

One!

FIGHT!

Acheronis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Acheronis » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Blakullar wrote:>nexum
>purity

wat

Whereas on the other hand we could never see the humanii as being truly pure.

We don't use NS stats
Dominion Central News Network|Supreme Stratigos Artemis has been elected temporary Supreme Chancellor, Lord-Stratigos Frey is promoted to temporary Supreme Stratigos.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Acheronis wrote:

We generally couldn't care less about 'purity'. Using the technological potential of our species to upgrade ourselves is the Mecharussian State's number-one priority, and as long as there are humans to upgrade, it will always be that way.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Acheronis wrote:Whereas on the other hand we could never see the humanii as being truly pure.

We generally couldn't care less about 'purity'. Using the technological potential of our species to upgrade ourselves is the Mecharussian State's number-one priority, and as long as there are humans to upgrade, it will always be that way.

This, among other things, is why Mecho-Russia would have the favour of the Machine Imperium.

Acheronis wrote:

What is considered pure?
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:
What is considered pure?

Like I said; a semantics pissing match

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:26 pm

I have seen little of any of the pizza theory members making valid points to their own ideology. Really, just, syncretize everything and life would be far easier.
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I have seen little of any of the pizza theory members making valid points to their own ideology. Really, just, syncretize everything and life would be far easier.

Normally, Vistora would fit squarely into the Pizza camp, but we've decided to fight for the underdog Geneticists at this time.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Vistora wrote:
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I have seen little of any of the pizza theory members making valid points to their own ideology. Really, just, syncretize everything and life would be far easier.

Normally, Vistora would fit squarely into the Pizza camp, but we've decided to fight for the underdog Geneticists at this time.

HERESY

only round pizza u scrub
Factbook - Trobojka

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:
Vistora wrote:

HERESY

only round pizza u scrub

NO, FAK U. HAFF PIZZA STRONK.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:05 am

And then there's Excidium, who's goals are as follows:

>Modifications? Who cares.
>Builds invincible armada that conquers from orbit.
>Pays mercenaries when necessary.
>Subjugates alien race that is superior to your modified humans.
>Gives citizenship to them.
>Compulsory Military Service.
>Conquer you with superior alien race.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:And then there's Excidium, who's goals are as follows:

>Modifications? Who cares.
>Builds invincible armada that conquers from orbit.
>Pays mercenaries when necessary.
>Subjugates alien race that is superior to your modified humans.
>Gives citizenship to them.
>Compulsory Military Service.
>Conquer you with superior alien race.

I... think you're missing the point

Better luck next time
Last edited by Vistora on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:>Subjugates alien race that is superior to your modified humans.

But can your aliens beat the GLORIOUS 204TH BRIGADE OF TESLIC CITY??!!!

jk

Modification and enhancement is an endless process, so we can always make our humans more powerful, eventually able to kill your aliens who receive no upgrades. This especially becomes the case with Singaporeans, enhanced to become 'generic video game main characters who die after a dozen shots only and can jump endlessly without oxygen problems'.
Factbook - Trobojka

Acheronis
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Acheronis » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:15 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:>Subjugates alien race that is superior to your modified humans.

And what my modified aliens? And don't forget the constructs. The constructs are important.

On another note, what are peoples thoughts on joining with a puppet for IC reasons? Seeing as I already have a few nations in the LoM already...

We don't use NS stats

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:00 am

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

Pfft. Oh please! If humanity decided to say "fuck it, let's become unfeeling robots" and destroyed it's own culture, heritage, pride and identity every time disaster strikes, we wouldn't be who we were!

I'll let you in on a little secret. It isn't the human skin that's flawed. It isn't the human bones. It isn't the human blood. It's the one thing you wish to preserve; the human mind. Purity seeks to keep humanity in line this time around, watching vigilantly over New Earth with our keen eye on history to prevent a repeat. What safeguards do machines have? When disaster comes for you, how will you know how to respond? Allowing yourself to be consumed by humanity's technology leaves you vulnerable! A few corrupted lines of code and your entire race will be history. In many respects, you can be broken with ease. Humans...for all our "organic softness", aren't bound to machines. We only break when we bleed. And you'll have to bleed a lot of humans to succeed!
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates