NATION

PASSWORD

Life in Danarum (OPEN MT CHARACTER RP)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Onyenu
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:13 pm

"Rat posion eh?" Dazz shook his head" havent heard of ladies using that stuff since my ex-girlfriend." Dazz took a look at his watch." Wow..bout that time eh chaps?" All the places to stay around here closed about an hour agonow that he thought back. "Looks like I'll be on the street with this guy as well, unless J here can let us bunk with him for the night. How bout it J? Gunna help about to complete strangers for the night?" Said Dazz flashing a wide smile. Dazz was pressing his luck, but he didnt want to be on the streets and wind up like thier new found friend.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Garrett snorted. "I'm not sure how much I actually pissed someone off. 'Less you think my ex-wife planned this. Bitch got a restraining order on me the diameter of the whole fucking homeland. Got the shirt on my back, an' not much else." He shook his head. "An' she's a devious bitch, but she ain't that good at being one. But yeah, trustin' a guide, was probly' askin' for it."

He looked mildly incredulous as Julian effectively passed up a shot of getting with Sarah.

"I'll take 'er if you don' want 'er," he said offhandedly. He recognized the reason behind the decision. Good reasoning, too. Garrett, on the other hand, had no such issues: he intended to scrape up some money and, as his old friend Steve back in Thomasburg said, 'dip the fuck out.' "Lord knows I need a pick me up after that rude awakening."

He nodded. "Well then, Dazz, Julian, thank you very much. I reckon if you all are up for the bad luck that might well accompany it, you're probably the best friends I got in the world right now. In other words, I'm screwed, 'cause I'm trustin' complete strangers. No matter how good you two are at your jobs or how trustworthy you are. I'm still reliant on the two of you who I literally met, what, five minutes ago?"

He shook his head. "I'm fucked. So this place is closin' soon? So...then what? I mean, I'd like to get outta here, but, as you can probably tell from the state I'm in, I've also got a grand total of zilch in the money department. So...anywhere I can pick up a job for a few months?"
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Dazz looked at his watch." Wow..bout that time eh chaps?" All the hotels and other places would be closing by now now that he thought back to it. "Hey J, you think you could put two starngers up for the night? Im including stinky here cause he aint in a position where we can leave him alone. Dazz knew he was taking a chance with Julian, but he didnt want to end up like their new found friend on the streets.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:16 pm

OOC: This is still an open thread, fell free to throw in your character anywhere.

Siloin
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Getting up (quite ponderously), Niki walked towards the door.
"I think it closes in 15 minutes, gentlemen." She walked out the door, tilting a little sideways to fit through. She headed back towards the Siloinese quarter.

Parina
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm

"You can have her," Julian made as if to step aside. "She's got a place, I think. Ain't room in my place for either of ya."

Julian lived in a pretty standard apartment for a single man his age-which meant a bedroom, a dining room/kitchen, and a bathroom.

"I know a place that's still open," Julian ventured. "Little inn just a quick walk from here, cheap too. And it's a hiring center for the mechanicals," Julian added for Garrett's benefit. Mechanicals were mostly immigrants or people down on their luck, working for whoever hired them for building projects. A mechanical got a free lunch and a few pounds a day; not much, but something.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:18 pm

"Thanks, man. I owe you one. Well...I'll see y'all 'round, I guess." And with that, he got up, and walked over to Sarah, fully aware that she might start running at any time. The smell wasn't actually as bad as he imagined, but it still wasn't pleasant.

"Ma'am, could I have a word?" he asked, stepping to the side. "A friend told me that you normally have an extra room, and I'm outta money; been robbed, I suspect. I was wondern' if you would be able to do a guy who's down on his luck a favor and spare the room? I'm willing to pay as soon as I have money; I plan on finding a job first thing in the morning, I'm not asking for charity. But a hostel or an inn won't take me unless I actually got the money on me now. So...if its not too much to ask..." he trailed off, looking nervous. His last night on the street hadn't ended well, and he still didn't like the idea of having to trust other people's sympathy. He knew too much about that to think it was reliable.

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Sunya
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunya » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 pm

OOC: Sorry, kids, I been away.

Jackson had taken the opportunity to sober up a bit, nursing his drink, and carefully considering this new crowd. Dazz and Garrett could be could be either two homeless fools or cons. Either way, he didn't feel entirely comfortable welcoming them up into his tiny hotel room. He pondered the situation for a minute before reluctantly heaving a sigh. People from societies built on mutual aid, as Jackson was, have a hard time discerning between the cons and the luckless, and Jackson had a sinking suspicion that he'd regret this when he had to fill out his expense report.

He inserted himself between Sarah and the two bums named Dazz and Garrett. Jackson reached into his jacket and slapped some bills on the bar, pinning them down under his empty, overturned glass: "There ya go, gents. That inn Julian described sounded pretty good; this ought to be enough to buy you two cots, a bath and a breakfast, but I want you to promise me you'll not use this to get any more hammered than anyone in here is willing to buy for you. This money is to get you back on your feet...," he stared into the two men's eyes, his height and stature suddenly quite intimidating, "...and I want your word as men that that's precisely what you'll do with it, understand?"

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Garrett laughed. "Oh, believe me. I've spent one night in a gutter. It's not an experience I plan on repeating. I'm just tryin' to scrape up enough to get home and all that jazz. And get the restraining order revised. Oh, and get myself a new shirt. I think any would-be-employer would have me thrown out on principle if I show up in this," he added. He hadn't actually been kidding about that: his ex-wife actually had effectively made it so he couldn't even stay in the country. Damned if he knew how. But she did it.

"Besides. I'm sure it wasn't a hangover, 'cause I was thinkin' too clear, but I woke up with one hell of a headache. I'm not gonna go out and drink myself stupid to get something worse than that." He laughed. "Thank you very much, sir!" He thought for a moment. "Ask anything you think I can reasonable do for you, and I'll be happy to make this up to you somehow. A job needs doing, car needs fixing, I'll do my best."

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Sarah did draw away a bit when Garrett drew near, fearing an attack. However, she appeared sympathetic to him as he laid out his tale of woe.

As Dazz offered up the money, she sized Garrett up, looking him over. "Well, there ya go, stranger. But come back when you feel better. This place closes in about 10 minutes, better get there before all the rooms are taken." She winked and walked off, hips swaying.

Julian whistled a whistle of awe. "Oh yeah, she's got it for you. Anyway, this place ain't far." Julian heaved himself out of his seat, wobbling a bit before righting himself. "C'mon then." He started walking towards the door.

Siloin
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Niki was about a block away when she realized she had left her checkbook at the booth. She wandered back, and entered into the bar, hitting into Julian. Which wouldn't be to bad for either of them- it was like hitting a pillow.

"Sorry, sorry." Niki grabbed her checkbook and went out the door again.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Dazz followed suit behind Julian. "Damn fine girl that Sarah was. Hell, Im gunna have to find me one of those if Garrett doesnt screw it up iwth her too much." Dazz laughed to himself. "Anyway julian, guessing you a single man, and seeing you in the bar makes me assume you could use a wing man. Frankly Ive scored quite a few babes in my day, I think we could be seeing all kind of action if we partnered up. Waddaya say?" As Dazz and julian walked into the lobby of the small inn.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

bump

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Julian raised his hands. "No problem, miss."

He listened to Dazz's offer, then shook his head. "I don't need a wingman-I'm doing fine on my own. But hey, if you want some action so bad, there's a club in the back," Julian indicated the thick curtain, where music was still emanating. "It costs some, sure, but it costs more to wine and dine, know what I mean?"

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Dazz grined a the comment. "Yea..well my numbers 43378 if you ever want to do something later ya know? Well, thanks for the pickme up J. See you around town..." Dazz walked off and ordered a room for the night. It wasnt as bad as he thought. He layed on the couch thinkin about the next day. Maybe I'll get one of those jobs as a mechnical for a while he thought. Dazz sipped on his beer and fell asleep. Who knows what this town will bring tommorow he fell asleep thinking.
Last edited by Onyenu on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunya
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunya » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

"Don't mention it Garrett; it's a pleasure to help a soul in need. Besides, I've only got about another week here in Danarum before I'm rolling back home, if I continue to fail at my job. Anyway, my friend, good fortune to you, whatever that may bring.", with that, he exchanged his pleasantries with Dazz before the man wandered off and returned to what he was doing before the ruckus, pulling a stool up to the bar next to Julian.

"Well, amigo, I think I've just about blown all my paper for the week's amusement..." slapping Julian on the shoulder, still thoroughly sloshed from the night's earlier binge, "What time does this place shut down, my friend? Sarah... love of my life! Another round for myself and these two gentlemen, sweetheart, and has anyone ever told you you have the patience of a ravenously voluptuous saint to put up with a bunch of drunks and bums like us?"

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Garrett grabbed a hat left on a table, put it on, and tipped it. "Thanks, friend. And thank you, Ma'am, all the same. I hope I'll be seeing y'all soon. But for now, there is a supremely horrible day to recover from. Adieu." He walked out the door, and followed Julian to the hotel, eager to sleep off the collective hurt and discomfort of a day he suspected had been far more eventful than anyone would ever want.

But at the end, though...confidence had been returning. Why? He couldn't actually remember much more than his first name. His last name, prior profession, the fact that a woman had legally screwed him over...he hadn't lied, about what he remembered. He just didn't remember much more than that.

What had he done...there was a feeling that it was something that would have given him a certain amount of confidence...of charisma...

Then it flooded back.

He knew how he'd get back home. Or not. But he sure wouldn't be in the gutter any more.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Sarah shook her head. "Sorry love, but we're closing now. Come back tomorrow," she waved to the men before disappearing through a side door.

Julian guided the two men to the inn, where they were given rooms. The rooms were spartan-a bed, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and a table for eating. Not much else.

Julian returned to his apartment, unlocked the door, and promptly fell asleep in his bed. He knew he was going to have a serious hangover tomorrow, so he had the necessary materials to combat it ready on his dining room table.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Dazz blinked blindly as light streamed in from outside. He stood up and changed into some fresh clothes from his backpack. Why not go check out some job oppurtunitys around here. He went downstairs and grabbed some breakfeast then walked outside. He continued towards the location julian described and walked in.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:08 pm

In the inn's lobby, a gruff-looking man was standing by the entrance, surrounded by a group of men dressed mostly in t-shirts, overalls and jeans. Some wore caps, other didn't.

"Any able man who needs a meal and a few pounds, join the mechanicals!" He declared to the group. "The work is hard, but there's a free meal and some money. You work from eight til seven, on whatever we get hired for. Takers?"

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Dazz rasied his hand. "I could use a job." He said

The Fanboyists
Senator

Postby The Fanboyists » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Garrett looked at the group of mechanicals as he walked past, on his way to a thrift store. I'd rather not have to resort to that, but, well, if there's nothing after today, I'll join up with the next crew tomorrow, he thought.

But nobody was about to hire a man that looked as scruffy as he did right now. The shower had done miracles: it had mostly gotten rid of the smell, and a thorough wash of his worn shirt was better than nothing, but...it still wasn't pretty. The shave had helped too.

So, first things first. A suit. A semi-ragged, well-worn suit would do. Well, a jacket, at least.

Luckily, those were easy to find at the first thrift store available. He came out looking a bit more patch-work than before, but at least somewhat less scruffy and ill-groomed.

Might as well try to get his old job back.

He started looking. Looking. Looking.

My God! he thought with exasperation, after hours of looking.

No street musicians? Nowhere?

Nowhere to flex the golden pipes?

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Dazz walked over to the group of men. "Im in, is there anything I need to do first?"

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:43 pm

The mechanical leader looked Dazz over. "You seem good enough," he appraised him. "No papers or anything, just follow me and the others."

After a good-sized group had been assembled, the men were told to get into a pair of waiting trucks, which would drive them to their job.

The street performers in Danarum were concentrated near the immigrant sector, because while the profession was technically illegal, the City Guard was pretty lax about enforcement in the immigrant quarter.

Julian had risen, felt his head, and called in sick. He had spent most of the day trying (unsuccessfully) to get over his hangover.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 am

In the bright morning sunshine over Danarum, the streets of the immigrant quarters laid abuzz with excitement. Street performers jostled for spectators as they dazzled the crowds of with death-defying acrobatics, quirky street magic and jovial song and dance. However, amidst the maze of winding streets and packed squares, a dark figure wanders aimlessly through the masses.

On sight, the tall figure gave an imposing impression to any onlooker who glanced at him, but this was merely due to his large black overcoat, which hides his thin, lanky body. The man, still in his 20s, looked dishevelled and frail. His jet-black hair clashed with his pale, sunken face. His hazel, insomnia-stricken eyes were glazed, as if he was possessed by a dark spirit.

To him, the hustle and bustle of the city streets did not exist. His eyes could not see the colourful street performances and the cheering crowds around them. His ears could not hear the applause and amusement of the crowds around him. His mind thought nothing of the festive mood around him. However, he was not blind or deaf. Rather, the only thing he could feel was despair. He could only ‘see’ the death and destruction of the battlefield around him. He could only ‘hear’ the cries and screams of the dying and abandoned. He could only think of the nightmare that continued to haunt him long after it was supposed to end.

That nightmare was Wolfenium’s war against its neighbours, and this man was Rudolf Schmidt, a former soldier in Wolfenium’s Imperial Army, now a wanderer in the streets of Danarum.

OOC: Not sure whether this thread is still going on but right now my character is basically wandering around the immigrant quarters. I'll leave it to the rest of you which of your characters he's going to encounter. If there are any problems with my RPing, please let me know. Thank you!
Last edited by Wolfenium on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates