NATION

PASSWORD

Life in Danarum (OPEN MT CHARACTER RP)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Parina
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Life in Danarum (OPEN MT CHARACTER RP)

Postby Parina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Danarum was a bustling city, the largest port in Anglicia Province. Hundreds of fishers, traders, merchants, and sailors called the city home, and many more were frequent visitors. Any ship that wanted to trade in Anglicia went to Danarum, so the city was home to large immigrant population and known for its exotic and colorful immigrant quarter.

The city had a vibrant nightlife, with plenty of clubs, bars, and brothels. Unfortunately, this attracted organized crime, and most of the establishments were under the protection of one mob boss or another. They kept to themselves-there were clearly established conventions and rules, and everyone stuck to them. Parinan gangs were known as some of the politest in the world, and even predominantly immigrant gangs abided by the rules, otherwise the City Guards started cracking heads.

The city was divided into a few sections-the docks, the immigrant quarter, the “red zone” where most of the brothels and bars were located, the residential sector, and the merchant quarter. There was some heavy industry nearby, not more than an hour’s drive at the most, but it was far enough away anybody who didn’t work there or go looking didn’t even see it.

It was getting to be the late afternoon, around 5:30 PM, and the streets were packed with workers returning to their homes. The industrial workers, easy to pick out in their smudged overalls and jeans, were arriving back from the plants on the company trucks, which stopped in the city square and disgorged their human cargo before returning to the plants. They mingled with the dockworkers, dressed similarly but cleaner, and the workmen, who worked the scaffolds of the city doing building work, renovations and public works for bread and a bit of pay. The workmen were a bit younger, mostly single men who had yet to marry. Merchants and their hordes of accountants and secretaries, dressed in finer clothes, kept to themselves, avoiding the dirtier and lower class working men. Some women who worked, in salons or as secretaries or something similar, were in the mix, looking a bit timid and scared among the mass of men. Some of these women would meet their husbands in the square, and the pair, holding hands so as not to get separated, would walk back to their apartment.

One industrial worker named Julian Travers, hopped off his truck, said goodbye to his fellows, and headed straight for the red zone. His overalls were smudged, as was his face, and his shirt had changed from white to grey with dust. He had a bit of stubble and a small mustache, and his dark green eyes darted around, alert for pickpockets. He joined a group of workers, from the docks and plants, headed in the same direction. Some peeled off at certain bars or brothels, but Julian walked on his favorite bar, La Casa Roja (the Red House). The bar doubled as a strip club, and Julian was a personal friend of the bartender.

Walking through the front door with a few other workers, Julian gave the place a look. The muffled sound of music could be heard through the thick curtain which served as the door to the strip club. Julian quickly picked out a spot at the bar and ordered a drink from the shapely barmaid. She returned with a tall glass of scotch, the favorite drink of most Anglicians. The girl’s skin was a medium shade of brown and her dark hair and excellent figure marked her as a Cyprian, a woman from the other side of Parina. All the best ones come from Cypria, Julian thought as he knocked back the scotch. Lucky bastards.

The bar was picking up more customers as more workers returned from their jobs and some foreigners came to sample the nightlife. A new song started playing in the club, and Julian scanned the new crowd, looking for a familiar face.

OOC-
This died in II so I thought I'd give it a go in NS. You can be pretty much anybody, a native, an immigrant, a foreigner, a merchant, a worker, a hooker, or whatever. If you need more info on the city, just TG me. A few things. Parina has very few vehicles, and those are owned by really rich people or companies. Most people get around by foot. There’s also no cell phone service or wi-fi in Parina-no cell towers or wi-fi hubs. People use landlines, letters, or face-to-face communication. Please no invasions, no random killing of characters, or terrorism. If you have questions, TG me.

Sunya
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunya » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Jackson Ieyoub strolled into the bar wearing his signature linen suit, in the loose-fitting, sans-tie, Sunyan style, and fedora. A tall, lithe, broad-shouldered man, with a usually impressive stature, tonight he walked as if the weight of the world bore down on him. His trip to Danarum as a market developer for the Sunyan Mercantile Exchange had not gone well. While he was under little pressure to do anything other than develop possible business contacts for the Exchange's many clients back in Sunya, he felt nonetheless defeated at what was proving to be a near-impenetrable market run by mobsters and a handful of merchants to afraid to upset the established order. After the last week of long-hours with little to show for it, he decided it was time to seek refuge in drink at the dive bar/strip club, La Casa Roja, round the corner from his somewhat squalid hotel.

The bar was just the sort of place he enjoyed: small, dark, and smoke-filled. Throw in an old Massei tribesman crooning the blues on a steel guitar and it could be any bar in his hometown, Sunya' capitol city Orphalese. Indeed, the "red-zone" as the locals called their red light district was not unlike many of the "Strips" in Orphalese where a combination of gentle zoning and polite convention tended to congregate bars and other places of adult entertainment.

Jackson bellied up to the bar next to an industrial worker enjoying a glass of scotch. The scotch smelled fantastic: peaty and aromatic. He caught the eye of the luxuriously endowed brunette working the bar and ordered the same. Being a believer in both karma and drink, he tipped her generously.

Raising his glass in front of him, partially to inspect the spirit, partially in toast, he said aloud the traditional salutation of Sunya: "Fii' Sheddak!!" Before downing the whole glass in one go.

"Brilliant!" he said to the bartender, "May I please have another when you have an opportunity? This is just the spirit I need to lift to lift my spirits!"

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 pm

The girl working the bar deposited the tip in a pocket on the apron she wore, flashing the foreigner a genuine smile. She returned a minute later with another glass and set it down in front of him, bending over a little too far as she did so and showing off her cleavage.

Julian got a good look in before the girl sauntered off, her full hips swaying. He turned to the man next to him. "Buddy, keep tipping like that and you won't be alone tonight." He paused to slam down his third glass of scotch, gasping a bit as the liquid fire crawled down his throat. Then he extended a hand. "I'm Julian. Where you from? You're sure not from 'round here."

Meanwhile, music could be heard from behind a thick curtain off to one side, the entrance to the strip club portion of La Casa Roja. It was 5:00, and the club had just started to move into the evening shift, with new girls emerging from behind curtains and climbing onto poles or into patrons' laps. The music could just barely be heard over the incessant din of conversation in the bar.

Sunya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunya » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Jackson slapped another couple bills on the bar for the bartender and her loveliness. He turned to Julian, laughing, "Well, it'd sure be a waste of a trip if I didn't at least buy myself a couple friends! Besides, I used to tend bar back in school, believe me, she earns that money."

Looking at her walk off, hips swaying; "Sweet Creator; does she earn it. I'll bet you come here often; I sure as Hell would." With that, in one hand he took his class of scotch, in the other he shook Julian's hand with vigor; "Name's Jackson Ieyoub!", he said. He kicked back the glass of scotch and set it back on the bar. Still holding Julian's hand, he turned back to him; "It's a genuine pleasure to meet you, Julian. But you're right, I'm not from 'round here. I'm from a country called Sunya, long way from here. I came to Danarum to try to drum up business for my mercantile clients back home. But, since business hasn't been going so well, I guess now I'm just here for pleasure!"

He looked over the bar a good bit. "And a nice place I seem to have found, nice mix of people. What do you do for a living, my friend?"

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Julian smiled the smile of a man with some drink in him. "Yah, it's a good place, nice drink, nice service," he jerked his head in the direction of the girl, "and if staring at the lovely lady behind the bar gets old, there's always the club." Julian gestured towards the curtain. "I work in one of the plants a ways out of the city, Travers Industrial." Travers Industrial Conglomerate was known for producing some of the finer-quality cars in Parina, and the occasional weapon for the small Parinan military. "Pays good, highest a guy like me can earn. Maybe your clients would be interested in them? They do some foreign trading and such, I'm not familiar with workings. I just operate my bit of the assembly line."

He waved over for the barmaid. "Sarah, a round for me and this man, please!" A quick shout of confirmation meant the girl would get them their beers as soon as she could.

"This one's on me," Julian said. "I know the guy who runs the place, he won't mind if I grab a few freebies." He arched his eyebrows and smiled to show the second meaning of that statement.
Last edited by Parina on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sunya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunya » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

"Thank you, my friend, for the round. I got us on the next one; kindness should never go un-reciprocated." The double entendre of Julian's facial expressions passed him up for a minute, then he realized what Julian was saying, laughed, and slapped the man on the back. "Well, I'll stick with the drinks for the moment. Wouldn't want to overstay my welcome."

"But Travers, eh? I heard of them. There may be a demand for fine automobiles in Sunya. Our domestic makes are all indestructibly sturdy, reliable, brilliantly efficient, and brutally utilitarian. They're about as sexy as a box of snot, probably because of the sky-high cost of auto fuels back home. Private cars aren't common in our cities; everyone takes trams, tubes, monorails, minibuses, bikes, taxis, or whatever. But I'm reasonably sure the Exchange'll find someone adventurous enough to try a new product, company fleets, rental and car shares, municipal governments, that sort of thing. So, I might be able to find an export market for your company, and I'm sure some of my clients will have services your bosses might be interested in, high-end manufacturing, electronics, high efficiency drive-trains. Good stuff. So whaddaya say? Know any top brass I could go wine and dine?"

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Julian laughed. "Thanks, friend. I'm not sure who you'd go to-there's a local office down in the merchant quarter, hold on..." Julian produced a scrap of paper and a small pencil from his pockets and wrote down an address. "They do all the PR and such, I'm sure someone there'll point you in the right direction. And hell, if you don't get anything done, at least the receptionist is a looker."

The barmaid, Sarah, set the drinks down on the bar. Julian forked over the money plus a tip, flipping a coin neatly into the barmaid's cleavage, provoking a roaring laugh from Julian. Sarah looked angry, but something in her eyes said she didn't overtly mind. Julian was a known flirt and as long as the money kept coming Sarah could put up with him.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:23 pm

BUMP
Last edited by Parina on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunya » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am

Jackson accepted the slip of paper from Julian graciously; "Thanks, brother! This is tremendously helpful; one of the problems I've encountered around here is getting the local commercial institutions' attention. What little they know of our economy is mostly misconception. One guy told me he didn't want to do business with a bunch of pinkos!", he swigs his drink before continuing, "I said to him, I sez: 'If we were commies, I wouldn't be here! Don't you have companies that are partially worker-owned? Well, with us, everybody in the business gets a cut, so you bet they work hard for it! Don't you want access to an 8 trillion dollar economy?' He told me he didn't care. Anyway, look at me ranting; burning your ears down. But that guy...man, that pissed me off...", he stares at the slip Julian gave him, a bit glassed at this point. "What're you gonna do, right, but keep on keepin' on?"

"But, hey man, thanks for the hookup. Being able to talk directly to a major manufacturer, even just their PR grunts, that's a big plus. I'd rather do that anyway; businessmen are a little more receptive than civic groups or guv'ment officials. More clients for me, more markets for them, more trade with back home..." He swigged on his booze, "...business gets done, and everybody's happy!", another swig, "And, like you say, if all else fails, maybe I'll just wine and dine the receptionist on the Exchange's dime! It has been a rather lonely week in the bedroom...all work and no play! Hah!" He punctuated this with another swig.

"Say, I got a rather peculiar question for you," another swig, "What's yer drug laws like? I'm a bit afraid to ask in the official capacity; got me in trouble once. You'd be surprised how touchy some places get about you asking for copies of their narcotics legislation! Anyway, what's legal here?" He looked into his now empty glass, fished a few crisp bills out of his jacket and threw them on the bar, with extra for the barkeep. He was definitely a bit glassed now, warm, fuzzy, and relaxes, but still mannered and composed. "Sarah, love, another round for me and my friend, if you don't mind."

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Julian shrugged. "Pretty much anything's legal if the Guard don't catch you doing it, but if you want to be a bit less worried, just go for something that looks like a cigarette. I don't use, so I don't really know, but I've seen people light up joints right next to guard and they didn't mind. Thanks for the round," he finished as he knocked back the last of his scotch.

The crowd was thinning a bit as men with families left for home, while the single men like Julian would stay for a bit longer. It was around 6:30 and the streets were emptying of people as pedestrians entered their homes or found a place to stay and drink or party for the night, to stumble drunkenly home around midnight or so.

OOC-This is still open, to anyone interested.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Dazz had been standing in the corner of the pub by himself for awihle and got restless. He waled over the bar atble and sat down. He looked at the two men talking and decided to introduce himself. What the hell he thought, might as well make some friends while Im alive. "Hey." He said patting the mans shoulder." My names Dazz, whats yours?" He said with a shrug.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Julian spun around, looking this newcomer over. "Julian," he replied hesitantly. "What's it to yah?"

Siloin
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:59 pm

In a small booth in the bar sat a woman... two women... no, just a very large young woman. Her name was Niki Podgorokis, and she was a Siloinese immigrant. Before she had come here, she was stick thin. But the close confines of the Siloinese sector of the immigrant district had taken it's toll- 5'11", blonde hair, blue eyes, and 402 pounds. She shifted her bulk, looking at the three men at the bar. They were going after the bartender again. That one always got a man, sometimes two on her shift. Her surprisingly thin face lit up with a smile- she had bets on the genorous tipper.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 am

"Calm down"dazz said"im new around here and was wondering if you could give some need to know about around here."
Last edited by Onyenu on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Dazz placed a bit of money down and ordered a drink. The man he talked too seemed too pe-occupied with the man beside him and dazz, not wanting to seem rude, remained quite and waited.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Julian looked this guy over. New arrival, probably, looking for a guide or something and taking notice of Julian's loud conversation with the merchant.

"I ain't no tour guide," he slurred before shaking the drink's influence off him momentarily. "What d'ya need to know?"

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 am

"Well" Dazz started" Can you recommend a good, cheap hotel around here? Im short on money and Im not looking to spend too much." Dazz thought for s second. "Whats the lady folk around here like?"

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Julian thought through for a moment. "Lotsa cheap hotels near the docks. Just ask around there, the ones that look expensive are expensive and the ones that look cheap are cheap." Julian smiled as the man mentioned the women. "Most of 'em are armed, twenty-twos and small stuff. Cyprians look better and most of 'em are pretty easy to charm, but an Anglician girl's better if you want a long-term sorta thing. Cyrpians are the darker ones," he explained. "Anglicians are the whites."
Last edited by Parina on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siloin
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

As the bar emptied, Niki listened to the men at the bar chatting. One was asking about women, the barbarian. What was even worse was that when the women of the country were explained to him, the explainer forgot the immigrant population, which was relativly large. She shifted a bit indignitly in her chair, which, of course, set her entire body shifting for about five seconds. She might have to look into weight loss... maybe...

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:21 pm

"Its funny" Dazz said as he took as swig from his beer as he eyed the crypian waitress." People take us Onyenuians for such savages due to our many peace making operation overseas. Im not a savage, sure I may look they part"He said as he slapped his muscular arm."But I aint goin around lookin for fights with everyone. Dazz sighed "At least he didnt run away at first site of me now did you J? Im glad theres people like you still around" Dazz said as he patted him on the back. " Nevermind my self pity however, lets just worry about the important things." Dazz paused for a monet to let Julian think." Wrong! Dazz said before he could answer." Women and living! Speaking of he sort, why not you take a crack at the waitress man?" Dazz said with a laugh.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

There are a good number of ways to wake up. In bed with a lovely woman, for most men (or otherwise, depending on one's tastes), waking up to find oneself better-rested than they've been in months, waking to find one's problems gone with the night.

Waking up with a splitting headache, feeling like something crawled into your mouth and died, while you're cold and soaked in the gutter of a foreign city isn't on that list. Not even close. Being extra-bruised and having nothing but the shirt on your back and the pants on your legs, and, in this case luckily, the socks and boots on your feet, only sort of helps. At least you could eat shoe-leather.

Mmmmmrgh. It wasn't quite a groan. Wasn't quite a whine. It was a groine. Or something like that. Bugger it if the word doesn't actually exist.

Garrett Hunter, alas, was in that exact position. Why? Because some people's lives and luck really do just suck that badly.

Last time I trust a guide's advice to go into a side alley, he thought to himself. And that was all he did. For the moment.

Wait for it...wait for it...

Goddammit! Didn't anyone call the parameds here? he thought, groaning again. Well, that's that. Gotta pick myself up, then, he thought, sighing with resignation.

He got about half-way up. Honest, he did. But his legs were refusing to cooperate. Telling the brain: 'You know what? Fuck you. We're not moving. This hurts.' He slumped back into the gutter, filled, clearly, with things nobody wants their mind to linger on. An old sock that looked like something had chewed on it. Something strangely resembling human bones. Mud. Beer cans. Soda cans. Used condoms. Shell casings. Old and abused bongs. Cigarette butts. Shredded tire rubber. Broken earphones.

As Garrett crashed to the ground, his hand found the oddest thing there.

What the hell?! A hammer?!

Well, that was the first thought.

Then his fingers accordioned against the metal head. Small sledgehammer, then.

The next thoughts came.

Profane ones. I'd write 'em out, but they're all profanity, nothing particularly noteworthy, so it'd be a waste of writing. Use your imagination, dammit.

He looked at his fingers. He was sure they weren't supposed to bend like that. Or in those spots. Trembling, gritting his teeth, he brought his other hand up, and carefully, avoiding screaming, popped them back to their proper positions. A sickening series of noises that would have been at home in a Rice Krispies commercial emmitted from the stricken hand. That definitely wasn't healthy.

Hefting the hammer, he tucked it into the tool loop on his jeans. Who knew? Might be useful to have around. He found the nearest hand-hold on the wall.

Alright. Try it again.

This time he got all the way up, took a step, and stumbled on a bit of raised ground. Wonderful. Now his nose was bleeding, too. Just fucking wonderful.

He picked himself up slowly, wiping the blood away onto his shirt (it was mud-soaked, tattered, and a sick greyish-brown. It was white when he had put it on). This time, he took a breath, leaned against the wall until he was sure he wasn't about to repeat the pratfall, and walked out into the street. Anything to get out of that goddamn alley. It must be cursed. Clearly.

Found a door. Bar. Good. Maybe he could get water here----

The door found him. Opened into his face. This just wasn't Garrett's day, was it?

Luckily for him, he managed to grab the knob, pulling himself out of a fall, and stumbled inside before collapsing again.

And wouldn't luck and coincidence have it that that's exactly where everyone else was? Everyone else who were probably now staring at the 5'11", dishevled, dirty-blonde, green-eyed, moderately-built man who had attempted to collapse on the floor, but had apparently decided to hit a table on the way down.

But that's just how luck, fate, and all that ju-ju work in stories, ain't it?
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Dazz looked below his table at the fallen man and simply said" Rough night huh?" The man murmured a response Dazz clearly didnt hear. No matter, Dazz hefted the man into the booth with him and julian." Waddaya make of this J?" Dazz waved the waitress over." Bring my friend here an ice pack and the best damn beer you have in this joint." The waitress scurried off." Well, whats your story mate? Lost a bet, or out of money?" Dazz asked between sips of his beer.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm

For a Tyrian, which this man was, at bottom, there are few things as bad as waking up with an unfamiliar person, especially a foreigner, in your face. Admittedly, the case mentioned before does beat it out on sheer "Suck"-ness, but its a little more likely to cause freak-outs.

Which was what Garrett proceeded to do.

"HOLYSHITwhothehellareyouwhatareyoudoing?!?!?!?!?!" he said, bolting upright, seeing a bunch of people he didn't know.

Then he calmed down, no mean feat for someone having as bad a day as he was. But somehow, he pulled it off.

Deep breaths, man. Deep. Fucking. Breaths. Then, demonstrating that the male mind can truely be a one-track example, with excellent conciseness, the thought came: Cool. I'd tap that. he thought, eyeing the waitress's retreating butt.

Focus, man. Focus.

*Gulp* "Garrett. Nope. Not a good night. Beats me why. There was this guy who said he'd guide me to a good place to stay, I followed him into an alley and..." he thought, trying to think about what happened next. Pulled a blank. "Not really sure, actually. Woke up a few minutes ago feelin' like a giant corpse." He eyed the beer somewhat suspiciously. You've got a nasty migraine one side of him said. The other side, the frat-boy not far from the surface of many men, said Drink it! You know you want to!

So he drank it. Felt better, oddly.

Whatever.

"So, here's what I'd like to know. First, who the hell are y'all, 'scuse my French, and second, where the fuck am I?"
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:04 pm

"Your in danarum dumbass" Dazz chuckled." Some peice of work your guide was." Anyway, Im Dazz. Your friendly neighbourhood helper." He said with a suscpicous smile. "Im from outta town same as you. You seemed a little..." Dazz trailed off eyeing him." And looked in need of some help. Dont want it, be my guest. You can go ask the tank in the back for some if you want. Shes got a pretty face, but shed need to drop a ton or so before I even thought about it." Dazz said.

Parina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Julian shrugged. "Well, I figure it's best to not fuck where I drink, to put a spin on the old phrase. Hell, I lay her, never call again, next thing I know I'm drinking scotch laced with rat poison." He laughed. "No thanks! I'll take my chances elsewhere."

Then this other guy, who looked like God had just decided to sucker-punch him in the face, walked, no, fell into the bar. Julian stifled a laugh as Dazz hauled him into onto a stool.

"Wow," Julian passed judgment on the newcomer. "You, my friend, look like you pissed someone off. New here, right? 'Cause nobody who's been here half a week listens to the guides."

Julian faked an applause as Garrett drank the beer. "It's good to see you know your priorities. You, my bruised and battered friend, are in La Casa Roja, the best bar and club on this block. I'm Julian."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates