NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles News

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Townside
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Townside » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:20 am

8 January 2018
The Daily Buzz
National Palace, Townside
Weather - Max: 14; Min: 5

Interview with the Grand Princes

The Daily Buzz achieved a brief interview with Grand Prince Zackery Carlisle on News Years Day, just moments after he lead a 7-man Special Forces Team on a successful rescue mission of 18 teenagers held hostage by 9 members of the terrorist orgnanisation SHOCK.

He was in the Townside Medical Centre to visit the victims of the terror attack, as well as those injured during the City of Townside stampede. His cheek and fist were marred with blood, as was his camouflage clothes. Our experts, however, suggest it was not his own blood.

The brief interview in the Royal Engineers Hospital lobby was recorded as follows:

Interviewer: Your Highness. Would you say that your method of response tonight was the best and most effective way?

Z. Carlisle: The terrorists asked for a phone call with me... but I don’t negotiate with criminals or thugs. The safety and security of the people of Townside is the duty and responsibility of my men and I... so I went there and I shot dead those who threaten us. Simple.”

Interviewer: Your Highness talks about killing them, but we understand there were two terrorists who were captured alive?”

Z. Carlisle: Oh don’t worry. We’ll get to killing them. For now, we need those two alive. For information and intelligence, that will hopefully get us to the root of this SHOCK problem.

However, the interview and the peace in the hospital lobby was disrupted by an angered lady, an Athara Magarati immigrant, who began yelling profanities at the Grand Prince, accusing his incompetence for allowing the bullying of Athara Magariti students and immigrants.

She was detained, although she was released when it was confirmed that she had no connections to SHOCK, and was merely a disgruntled individual. She has, however, used her brief publicity to declare her intent on joining the Federation of Social Justice Warriors, the umbrella group for the far-left, and voicing her support for the Imperial Forces Remnants, the perpetuators of the horrific Great Christmas Island War, in a bid to spite the Grand Princes.

Those present in the hospital lobby at that time voiced their support for the Grand Prince, and praised him for his rescue effort, and they jeered as the lady was removed from the premises. Many criticised the Athara Magarati immigrant for caring more about peoples’ hurt feelings rather than those injured with life-threatening wounds. They also criticised her for supporting violent and divisive organisations during such a difficult and worrying time for the nation.

Grand Prince Zackery, who was already disappointed by the terrorist attack, declined to continue the interview.

We can now confirm that one teenager from the yacht and two more individuals from the City of Townside stampede has died. The Daily Buzz would like to extend our condolences to the families and all those affected by these deaths.

We can also confirm that all other injuries resulting from the events have been successfully treated. This includes the one SAS soldier who received minor injuries during the raid on the yacht.

Meanwhile, authorities are troubled by increased activity from the Imperial Forces Remnants in the South West Territory, and they believe that the Remnants are hoping to use the terrorist attack by SHOCK as a distraction to launch their own offensive against the Land of Townside. Authorities have promised that both SHOCK and the Imperial Forces Remnants will make no advances in their bid to bring Townside to its knees.

“If anything,” General Ryuu Takahashi declared in an interview “we will have our enemies kneel before us. Defeated.”

Grand Prince Zackery Carlisle has become increasingly involved militarily, even after his personal engagement in the rescue mission. Images have emerged of him in military uniform personally leading and engaging in military training and exercises, to personally prepare military personnel and formations in the South West Territory to keep the Imperial Forces Remnants at bay. He has also had several meetings with top military officers and Security Service personnel, presumably to discuss strategy and military mechanics regarding the defences against Imperial Remnants, and SHOCK.

His presence among the troops have heightened morale, but this means that the older Grand Prince has left most administrative duties over Townside to his younger brother, Grand Prince Noah Carlisle, who shall remain in the capital during his brother’s absence.

This will mean that Zackery Carlisle is likely to be absent when delegations from Torom and Ainslie arrive in Townside for talks. It has been confirmed that Grand Prince Noah Carlisle has been left in charge of these diplomatic events. Zackery Carlisle was, however, present when Samuderan officials visited Townside just a day ago.

The Daily Buzz is now honoured to be able to interview Grand Prince Noah Carlisle in the gardens of the National Palace. The interview is recorded as follows:

Noah Carlisle on the attack, Athara Magarat and SHOCK

In the first part of the interview, Noah Carlisle was asked about the recent New Years hostage crisis, Athara Magarat’s response to the said events, and about the terrorist organisation SHOCK, which perpetuated the attacks and that is also responsible for several terror movements in Townside and across the Isles.

Interviewer: Your Highness, before we begin, I would like to request if you could give us a general update about the recent New Years hostage crisis.

N. Carlisle: Certainly. The first thing I of course must say is that our thoughts are with those affected by the events, and I say that on behalf of my brother and our Family. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for those affected. However, I would like to calm peoples’ nerves about any further threats to their safety. I can say that this attack was an isolated event, but the Security Service will nevertheless be working behind the scenes to ensure nothing like this happens again. We have made major breakthroughs in our investigation, especially with the help of the two captured terrorists, and have successfully prosecuted some other individuals in our country who we can confirm are working closely with SHOCK. Military personnel will continue to be stationed at key areas across all major cities to keep everyone safe, but I would like to echo my brother’s advice in his Christmas Message: that regardless of the steps taken by the government, everyone should personally remain vigilant at all times.

Interviewer: As you know, many Townsiders are enraged by Athara Magarat because SHOCK originated from their country. Many also find it unacceptable that Athara Magarat, instead of voicing concern or condolences in the aftermath of the crisis, instead had officials who attacked Townsiders for the bullying of Athara Magarati students and burning their flags. They’ve also labelled us as ignorant. Would Your Highness care to comment on that.

N. Carlisle: Firstly, I would like to say that I condemn, utterly so, the bullying of Athara Magarati students and the disrespect shown to their country by the flag burnings at the Ipachi Village. I have spoken to the Ipachi Chief and the Vice Chancellor of the University of Townside and they both share my views. I believe that Townside has always been made better by the fact that we are diverse and multicultural. Let us not forget that all of us on this island: white, black, brown and yellow, put aside our differences to defeat the Imperial Forces and unify our island. Let’s not break our unity over a petty terrorist organisation... That being said, I also have something very serious to say to Athara Magarati officials: Townside is far from ignorant - we merely have a very strong survival instinct. We have survived a devastating war no more than seven years ago, and we do not take kindly to terrorists targeting us simply for being and existing. The reason why Athara Magarat is looking so suspicious right now is because they are too passive on SHOCK. They seem to lather themselves in sugar to avoid the responsibility, but that violent organisation is on Athara Magarati soil, and yet their government act as if they can do nothing, when in fact they are in the prime position to solve the SHOCK problem. They are inconsiderate to the rest of the isles, and frankly, I would say Athara Magarat is the ignorant ones for believing their passive attitude is actually giving them the moral high ground. My advice to Athara Magarat is this: clear up your stance on the violent murderers that is SHOCK, and maybe, just maybe, Townside might take that country seriously. For now, they are nothing more than a joke.

Interviewer: You have just asked the Athara Magarati government for a tougher stance on SHOCK. There are others in their country that share your views, and they have organised themselves in a nationwide protest in Athara Magarat. However, the “anti-pacifist” protest does not completely agree with you. In fact many in that loose movement have demanded an apology from Townside for the flag burning. Are you, your brother or any of your ministers planning to issue an apology?

N. Carlisle: Absolutely not. As far as we are concerned, a government only apologises for wrong actions it has committed... the flag burnings were not government actions - they were actions committed by private citizens who were exercising their right to free speech and freedom of expression. While I do condemn the disrespect to Athara Magarat, I will never ever stiffle the right of my own citizens to free speech, simply to satisfy the easily hurt feelings of a bunch of softy Athara Magaratis. The violent ‘anti-pacifist’ protestors will not find their demands met by the government of Townside. We do not succumb to the emotions of rabbles.

Interviewer: Before we move off the topic of the terrorist attack, I would like to ask one last question, and that is why was it so easy for a terrorist organisation such as SHOCK to infiltrate our nation's defences and commit this act?

N. Carlisle: I would have to admit that we underestimated them quite a bit, but not in a conventional way. As far as I know, the relevant authorities were instructed to prepare assuming that SHOCK came well-equipped, as to be expected of a region-wide terrorist organisation. What we did not expect, however, is that SHOCK was extra-well-equipped, with capabilities that surprised us as abilities that should not be possessed by such an organisation.

Interviewer: What do you mean?

N. Carlisle: What I am trying to get at is that we have reason to suspect, after extensive investigation, that SHOCK may actually be sponsored, supported and even bankrolled by a third party, possibly an individual large enough to afford it.

Interviewer: Could you be referencing the Athara Magarati government?

N. Carlise: No, it seems unlikely that the Athara Magarati state would be sponsoring SHOCK, but our intelligence suggest that there could be state sponsors, but more worryingly, there could also be other large, non-state, private individuals or organisations that could be supporting SHOCK. We are not clear on this, but for now, the relevant authorities will be investigating this further to uncover any foul-play and prevent future possible attacks, and also to reduce the effectiveness and capabilities of SHOCK.

Noah Carlisle on the Keverai leaks: “The Unravelling”

In the second part of the interview, the younger Grand Prince was asked about the recent expose surrounding Keverai, which has been popularly termed by international media outlets as "The Unravelling". The Grand Prince was also asked about the potential impact this could have on burgeoning Keverai-Townside relations. Noah Carlisle was set to visit Keverai after the New Years for diplomatic talks, a visit that has been planned for months since last year.

When asked about his views about the leaks in general, the younger Grand Prince said that the revelations were regrettable, but that he would decline to comment further as those leaks involved foreign countries. He insisted that issues and eventual decisions surrounding the leaks should be left to each sovereign country to individually decide. He did, however, mention how the leaks does not involve any individuals or organisations from Townside, which he described as a relief.

This comes after many individuals and organisations from nations such as Xrevaro, Ostehaar, Vancouvia, Dormill and Stiura, Covonant and Ainslie, among others, were implicated in tax evasion, corruption and other unethical practices. While the majority of the leaks were revealed on New Years Eve by the Covonant news agency CBC, the leaks are still ongoing as names continue to pour out.

When asked about Chief Consul Renaut of Keverai's speech on 4 January, and the damning revelations just a day later, Noah Carlisle said that it was extremely 'shocking' and 'unfortunate'. Renaut's speech spoke of equality, democracy and community, and emphasised fairness and international accountability, just hours before it was revealed that there were sweatshops and forms of modern slavery existing in the State of Keverai.

Noah Carlisle has stated that the leaks in general have caused him some reservations regarding his impending diplomatic meeting, but he stressed that the unfolding events should be no reason to call off the meeting altogether. In fact, Noah Carlisle described such an act as a diplomatic slight, and instead reframed the diplomatic meeting as a prime opportunity to discuss the worrying leaks with Keverai.

When questioned about the hypocrisy of Burnell Renaut, and asked whether he would still meet his counterpart after Renaut's blunder, Noah Carlisle said that he did not blame Renaut in a personal capacity for the circumstances in which Keverai currently finds itself in, and that the timing of the speech and the revelations were simply disadvantageous. However, Noah Carlisle said that he would still proceed with the talks, but in a more careful manner.
Member of the The Western Isles.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:39 am

January 8th, 2018

Anti-Pacifism Movement victory: Protesters say as Jrm Hangma makes public appearance

Anti-Pacifism Movement protesters raise hands in victory.

NEW LIBANG

After prominent pacifist leader Divan Hangma was put under house arrest, the joyous Anti-Pacifism Movement supporters were greeted with another good news as Jrm Hangma made public appearance and promised to have their demands fulfilled.

"In the name of the our glorious ancestors and in the name of the The Greatest whom we trust; I, Jyoti Thapa, who is known by the generously awarded title of Jrm Hangma, the Mahang of Athara Magarati Demokratik Kuunsrach Hangate, vow to fulfill the sincere demands made by the people of my nation...

...In between the 10th and the 14th Century, our ancestors colored the great rivers of the Isles red with blood and we still have to make that clear. In the 20th Century, we committed genocides that we will wash away from our hands. We destroyed millions of lives that could have been. Thousands of cultures that could have been. If history is anything to indicate, our nation only knows how to bring destruction. The Isles has never forgiven us for what we did to them and they never will for nothing redo what we or our ancestors took. After the 20th Century, we thought an era of peace had dawned for nation. We thought, maybe one day, Athara Magarat would be known for something else than its history full of violent wars and senseless destruction. To bring forth that bright future shaped by peace and progress, my predecessor Paija Hang the Benevolent, even shook hands with our historic enemies Keomora and their ally Covonant to form the Cooperative Union...

...But, the price for peace is high. We lost our sense of rightness. As you said, we have become weak that even the lowliest of scums such as lunatic terrorists from SHOCK prey upon us. We have become so weak that our nation could have perished due to the ambitions of a mad man and we are only still standing in Athara Magarati soil thanks to our ever-faithful allies. And you are right, my friends. We can't solely depend on our allies. Athara Magarat must become strong...

...As you all might remember, I had declared a 'war on terror' after taking my oath. And I am really ashamed to say that I forgot about the war on terror soon. Some of you asked me - 'Where is the White Tigress we saw on her swearing in?' and you were right, my friends. I lost the spirit of the White Tigress to be overtaken by naive idealism that maybe the world could be a better place without all of this war and conflict. Maybe it was also due to the superstition among us that if the White Tigress goes to war again, the end of the world will commence. Friends, you are right, we must do away with the apocalypse that may never happen and create our own fate...

...Just as you rightly said, inaction is the greatest mistake. Paija Hang helped in the founding of the CU; hence his inaction was understandable. But me...you are right. I have no excuse for my inaction. The hawks took advantage of our inaction. One declared war on us while others commit senseless acts of terror across the Isles. For long we, the ones in the government of Athara Magarat, were fearful that our nation would be doomed to the cycle of revenge like in the past. For long we feared that if we took militarist actions, the Isles would remember the past and hate us more. But it seems our fears were naive. The Isles hate us more for our inaction. You, my fellow Athara Magaratis, want the status quo to change and I will give you that. Starting today, the Athara Magarati War on Terror, that I promised but didn't bring, will continue. I will ensure that we become strong enough to ensure our peace.

Thank you, my fellow Athara Magaratis.

Jrm Hangma makes public appearance.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Deutschbismarckreich
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschbismarckreich » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:16 am

Lhre Informationen presents: Thuzbekistani Diplomat in the Jail

At 7:00 am, a Thuzbeskistan Diplomat, Sariq Vulma, was caught with fake documents inside a bank in New Berlin.

According to police, the diplomat acted falsifying documents to open accounts and take loans. The police action that culminated in the arrests took place around noon on Friday at a unit of the New Berlin National Bank

According to police, the Diplomat was a sexual deviant, profiting from blows in banks and shops.

According to police, the diplomat falsified personal documents, with the help of a computer program, where he changed the data of the victims by the photo of the Diplomat

Then they opened accounts in public and private banks to get loans.

"The diplomat was actually commissioned by a third person from another state to obtain data from people who filled out the profiles that he understood were necessary to open an account and to gauge illicit advantages," said delegate Marie Bartchi

Were found, cell phones and machines used for the printing of identity cards were learned. The Diplomat will respond for falsification of documents and stelionate

The delegate also points out that the prisoners have applied blows with data of retirees to receive pensions and benefits paid by Social Security. Therefore, she will refer the case to the Federal Police as well.

The Government of Deutschbismarckreich will denounce the Government of Thuzbekistan

All Thuzbekistan travelers will be denied

New Berlin, 7:53 AM
Police holding the Diplomat
Last edited by Deutschbismarckreich on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Oturia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oturia » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 am

1/8/2018 12:30pm
Dunik City News
Dunik, Oturia

City Wide Clean-up

Today is the monthly Clean up of the city of Dunik, parents and children alike take part in the event organized by the "Dunik Foundation for Environmental Safety and Recycling".

When we questioned the founder and head of the foundation, Owen Kalim, he simply stated "The foundation aims to give our capital a good image, make it nice and pretty, maybe it will reflect on the countries image as a whole."

We wish all participating stay safe, thank you.
Last edited by Oturia on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gwM7FJvcaQE

"Only the dead have seen the end of war.”

I had a goddamned PLAN! - Dutch plan der linde
I don't use NS stats

Correnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Correnia » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Brought to you by the Correnia News Associate

CORRENIAN ELECTIONS UNDERWAY!
ALDCROFT — The countdown to Correnia's next pivotal election began on Thursday, when Correnia's Parliament gave a day off and effectively opened the campaign for the first national elections in five years, scheduled for March. (January 15th IRL).

The move by the parliament now places Correnia's always stable politics in the spotlight after a year in which populist forces, while beaten back in elections, continued to reshape the political landscape across Northwest Argus. While the government openly contained and went against the populist movement the group only gained power and momentum among the people, with "the people first" ideals earning a massive following.

The general election will be Correnia’s first since 2014, when the government led by the center-left Democratic Party succeeded the caretaker administration of Antoji Henzoi, a technocratic who stepped in after winning the midterm elections followed by the then president resigning.

Much has changed in the politics of Correnia since then, especially the continuing collapse of traditional center-right parties and the deepening inroads of populist liberty and center left parties.

Correnia's government, led by the CDP coalition currently (Christian Democrat in Correnian), managed to fulfill its full four-year term, although it was a bumpy road for the party whos popularity dropped over a third of their national average, and the rise of rival parties that would of been laughed at years ago.

President Zimmerman has kept the government stable since 2016 after taking over in Midterms, due to his conservative center right ideals. However as the government has remained stable the people have rejected him the past year, due to the growing income inequality and Correnia starting to lag behind in global influence.
Over the months, the governing majority has fractured, with more than 300 lawmakers abandoning the CDP leading to a perennial search for consensus within the Parliament. This has come due to a growing group of politicians following and championing the words of the people.

Speaking with reporters at a traditional year-end news conference, Mr. Zimmerman admitted on Thursday that he had survived a “troubled” tenure and said that he hoped that the campaign would not be influenced by “media of smooth talking and mud slingings.”

Because of this past term, Correnia is now wary of the sudden, unpredictable influences of internet propaganda amplified by the abundant audience of social media.

The country’s general election will be the next test of an important Argus nation that hopes to ward off potential outside meddling, bogus news stories and populist forces. As for the latter however, all hope seems to lost as both frontrunners come from pro populist forces.

With voting now just a little more than two months away, both the anti-establishment Huron center left party and the non mainstream centrist League party, called the National Workers Party have been steadily gaining in opinion polls.

FRINGE CANDIDATES NO LONGER FRINGE?
What has happened to Correnia? For hundreds of years a center right ideal has become the norm for Correnian government. Championing moderate sized government and taxes and a mainly hands off approach to the economy, the government has kept the nation stable and its sizeable economy level and afloat.
But in this past year, the tables have been switched. The economy has become stagnant and has not grown, government bureaucracy has hit a trifold with red tape wrapping everything, and government has gone directly against the peoples opinions by not pursuing membership in many organizations, mainly the league. The government has fell out of favor by going against public opinion on multiple issues, including the revitalization of the military and infrastructure.
Because of this, never before seen styles of ideals have come into popular opinion. These are not necessarily anti establishment groups but rather restablishment parties. The groups have a leverage to try and rebuild the government in their image and make Correnia prosperous again. But what are these two groups? What are the front runners of this years elections? Tune in next week, for a full comprehensive guide.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 pm

1-8-18
Thuzbek Daily News
Ashluv, Turvin, Thuzbekistan

Foreign Affairs Minister Releases Statement Regarding Deutschbismarckreich Claims

Earlier today, The Reich condemned the Thuzbek Government over the alleged actions of a diplomat assigned to the nation in an unofficial capacity. The Lhre Informationen reported that the New Berlin Police had arrested Sariq Vulma on charges of fraud, extortion, and other minor crimes. The Lhre then reported that the Reich had placed a travel ban on Thuzbek citizens and condemned the government. Haydar Şerif, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, released a statement just minutes ago.

"Today, the fascists in the Deutschbismarckreich have broken all protocol of diplomatic immunity and placed entirely false charges against a servant of this government which attempted to work for our economic interests in the area. The charges laid out against him are many and entirely baseless. They are the fruits of an oppressive system of government which seeks to stomp out not only the workers rights in its nation, but of the holy faith of Islam," the statement read. "This will not be tolerated on any level and, until such time as our diplomat is released, all travel will be denied to the Reich for our citizens safety."

The Minister also charged the Reich with creating false crimes in order to remove a "foreign presence from its borders" and called it "the first steps towards the genocides that Thuzbekistan saw under Magistrate Blashinki between 1937-1953."

Snowstorm to Slam Turvin

In other news, a large and dangerous snowstorm is to rip across Thuzbekistan later this week. The Ministry of the Interior stated that generators were being delivered to rural locations throughout Turvin, where the population is most vulnerable.

"Generators and various other needed supplies have been sent to the distribution points," the Minister said earlier. "We will ensure that all have what they need to best the storm without any large inconvenience."

However, some in the Progressive Socialist Party questioned the necessity of such a move if the infrastructure had been improved last year when they proposed a major bill to do just that.

"There wouldn't be a need for any of the preparations we are seeing in Turvin if Prime Minister had approved the bill," a senior party member said. "We cannot continue to ignore the failings of our electrical and road infrastructure any longer. If this storm is as bad as is predicted, then Thuzbekistan will have suffered greatly for no reason."
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 am

January 9th, 2018

'We won't see extinct animals back soon due to terrorists': Scientists

A Lhoba boy touches the carcass of an Atnaian elephant calf outside the Mountain Museum in Lo Manthang, Athara Magarat.

A boy points to the carcass of an Atnaian elephant calf in the National Museum of Athara Magarat in New Libang.

NEW LIBANG

Scientists involved in the resurrection of the Atnaian Elephant and the Gael Auk say that their projects have suffered severe setback thanks to terror groups. The two teams of scientists face the similar problems and although their projects would not be scrapped, it will be delayed by a long amount of time.

The re-extinction of the Atnaian Elephant is a project involving all three active member states of the Commonwealth and each nation now has its own fairs share of problems to deal than funding genetic experimentation on Indian elephants to recreate an extinct species, according to analysts. Xrevaro has been seen sudden natural calamities this year. On the other hand, both Athara Magarat and Atnaia are facing protests and terror attacks on their soil.

If recent political shifts and Jrm Hangma's actions are any indication, Athara Magarat will likely join Atnaia's long-time ally Ostehaar in cutting off all ties with their fellow Commonwealth member. And Atnaian government is currently the number one backer of the Atnaian elephant de-extinction project which had started on April 2017.

An artist's impression of the Gael Auk.

The team behind the Gael Auk revival project also does not have good news to share. Athara Magarati scientists from various fields of genetic engineering and paleobiology working with their colleagues in the University of Townside have been called back to Athara Magarat for "their own safety" as Townsiders are seeing a large anti-Athara Magarati sentiments and vice versa due to SHOCK hostage crisis on the New Year. The Athara Magarati scientists involved in the Gael Auk project said that they would return back to the University of Townside once again to continue the project once the tensions are gone and everything is back to normal.

However, analysts say the scenario is unlikely and the Athara Magarati government having come in terms with the Anti-Pacifist Movement's demands, is likely to put money into counter-terrorist operations from other sectors it deems unnecessary - such as revival of extinct animals through gene splicing of their surviving cousin species. Even environmentalists and conservationists say that it is much cheaper to save endangered species than waste huge amount of money on "ghosts of past".

"The way I see it, if we just focus on saving endangered animals, everyone wins. The endangered flora and fauna. The government. The people who pay tax definitely." A student said when asked on the topic. "Don't get me wrong. Bringing back extinct animals is a noble idea but is it feasible for our nation to do that? Especially when our priorities should be elsewhere? If there's anything the Anti-Pacifist Movement has taught us, we should now be rational realists, not naive idealist pacifists."

Last edited by Athara Magarat on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 am

IN LIMBO - GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY ENSNARES TRAFFICKING VICTIMS
Mark Wellington, Kulyoď Weekly | G-2018-01-08/L-478-6-17

"I just want to go home." says Alex (name altered for anonymity reasons), a sentiment echoed by many in the seaside encampment. Alex has been in Linaviar for three months since 'e was pulled from a ďǧrn trafficking vessel in the Far Nova Sea by the Linavian Navy, and what 'e was assured at the time would be a speedy process of identification and repatriation soon became an endless wait marred by red tape and insufficient resources. A quick glance around and one notices that there must be at least a few hundred people present in the detainment camp, and most who have been willing (and able) to speak to me have shared similar experiences.

Exceptions, however, do exist, as cases like Brook's all too sadly attest. A victim of domestic violence, Brook has requested that 'e not be returned to 'e's home country, and is currently under consideration for acceptance as a refugee. These refugee cases, explains kuri, a camp processor, are the major reason why so many trafficking victims have not been returned home. "Official policy is to prioritize potential refugee cases, but given how severely understaffed we (the processing personnel) are, and the rapid changes in procedure that are occurring as a result of the insurrection, resolving a single refugee case can take anywhere from days to weeks." As a result, those looking to return home simply wait.

The only way to speed up the process of repatriation for an individual is for their government to make an official inquiry to mesquvv, however barriers to this process do still exist. Processors are not allowed to formally assign a nationality to a detainee until official identification, which may only occur after all high-priority cases (e.g. potential refugees) have been dealt with, and so the nationality of most of the detainees is listed on official forms as unknown for the time being, depriving nations of information that could expedite the repatriation of their citizens. Furthermore, while normally a detainee would be allowed to place a call to their immediate family, or one of their government's consulates, and speed up the process that way, recent orders from the President-Dictator through the MoD have essentially rescinded detainees' right to outside communication for security reasons, taking away one of the most powerful tools that these people have to spark inquiries.

On top of that, kuri states that it is not enough for a government to simply inquire whether any of its citizens are currently in a detainment camp - "We need names, ages, dates of birth, sex, times that people went missing, and any other details that may be provided in order to jump prioritization." Essentially, procedure puts the onus on the foreign government to provide information that can be checked against those in the detainment camp.

The result of all this? Hundreds of people who want nothing more than to go home, and are denied the ability to do so; casualties of not only the ďǧrn, but an understaffed and inflexible bureaucracy as well.
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

Deutschbismarckreich
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschbismarckreich » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Lhre Informationen presents: Thuzbekistani Diplomat responds for freedom

The Ministry of Justice denied sending the Diplomat Sariq Vulma, convicted of fraud

The Thuzbekistan Diplomat was arrested yesterday.
Sariq will respond on fraud and stellation in the Federal Court.

The Federal Court denied on Tuesday (9) the request from the Thuzbekistan government for diplomat Sariq Vulma, convicted of fraud, to be extradited to Thuzbeskistan. Arrested since yesterday, Pizzolato will respond later this Tuesday, in order of the same decision that denied the mailing.

The Thuzbeskitan government asked him to be sent without any condemnation. Sariq Vulma was convicted of crimes of corruption, fraud, fraud, and prostitution

The MJ has already announced that it will appeal the decision, which can be reversed in the last instance in the Court of Cassation of Vukenmarkburg. The Justice Ministry said that it will work together with the Attorney General's Office and the Federal Attorney General's Office in appeal against the decision. Even if Justice decides for freedom, the final decision will still rest with the Reich government.

The judgment of the request will be made in the Federal Court. Sariq Vulma, who is being held at the Hommen Adolph prison in New Berlin, will be transferred by Helicopter

The session will start at 11 am and is suspended at 3 pm. At that time, the judges in charge will enter a room reserved for their decision.

Belle Ilse en Terre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belle Ilse en Terre » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm

3 December 2017
Truth
Berrydon, Surrey, Belle Ilse en Terre

Repudiation of Salic Law

Following the fiascoes in San Montagna, where the King somehow allowed Ilsan troops to land in support of the unstable dictatorship of San Montagna, and the flagrant insults of the benign, if ignorant, Dormill and Stiura, the House of Lords has voted Salic Law not only null and void, but contrary to the principles of the Treaty of Compositorium. The vote was passed 10-1, with only Lord Vieuxpont dissenting. It will now be passed on to the Council of Peers, where it will likely be rejected by the Council of Peers, for inly two of the five are likely to support the effects of Salic Law’s repeal. It is noteworthy that the confirmation of Salic Law three reigns ago was dempt necessary, as eldest child, a daughter, was mentally incompetent, to a higher degree than usual.
Proud Member of the Western Isles

-Put this in your sig if you're a Monarchy!
Political Views
Conservative Constitutional Monarchist, open to a bit of liberalism or socialism
A Level 27 Civilisation, according to this index.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:23 pm

The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:51 am

January 10th, 2018

AM gov warns of possible terror attacks on ten nations

Corindi police on patrol.

NEW LIBANG

In a rare warning to governments across the Isles, the Athara Magarati government told them to be on high alert, for SHOCK are believed to carry out at least one major terror attack soon. The Athara Magarati government says it has narrowed down the list to ten nations who were at the most risk of the threat but also said other nations also had to be on high alert for SHOCK attacks. The ten nations are said to be: Belle Ilse en Terre, Polar Svalbard, Norstham, Segentova, Agadar, Dormill and Stiura, San Jimenez, West Suomi, Corindia and Townside.

Covonant is another nation that has been warned of being at high risk of SHOCK attack. On January 10th, the nation is holding a referendum for COVEXIT and the day also marks the anniversary of the deadly lone wolf gun attack on January 10, 2017 by Athara Magarati national Namdhingo Krumbang, aged 26, had left five Covonantians dead. The attack had marked the first SHOCK attack outside of Athara Magarat and in 2017, the terror group carried out more than 50 lone wolf and large-scale terror attacks across 20 different nations.

On the anniversary of the Namdhingo Kurumbang incident, Athara Magaratis remember the victims of SHOCK attacks across the Isles and their own country.

Athara Magarati officials said that tourist attractions, airports, shopping centers, hotels and restaurants would most likely be the site of a terror attack by SHOCK. The attacks will be follow-up of January 1st hostage crisis in Townside demanding a separate Ipachi state and SHOCK are trying to prove that they have the means available, said Athara Magarati officials stating that the withdrew the information from detained SHOCK members and assistance of various foreign intelligence services. And January 10 being the anniversary of the Namdhingo Kurumbang incident is also the reason why SHOCK attacks are a high possibility.

"Athara Magarati citizens are to be strictly monitored as well as Khas-Kirati personals and other people with records of links to terrorism." An Athara Magarati spokesman for the Ministry of Defense said on the condition of anonymity. "SHOCK employ a variety of tactics, including firearms, explosives, using vehicles as ramming devices, and sharp-edged weapons that are difficult to detect prior to an attack."

Last edited by Athara Magarat on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Correnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

News Post of Polling affairs

Postby Correnia » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am

DUE TO A POLLING SURGE ELECTIONS CUT SHORT FOR A CLEAR WINNER

As per the natural law in Correnia, if a political party or candidate has over 62% of the public support by January the 8th, they will be declared winner, saving the nations millions of dollars in public funding and campaigning and elections.

For the first time in 186 years, this very thing has happened. Pulling ahead of the 2 fringe candidate front runners the Libertae party candidate Steffen Kubrik Seibert has earned 64% of public support in the polls. Following Correnian law, this overwhelming majortity marks him the winner of the race, nullifying the up and coming election.
Steffen is a center right Correnian Alternative, going against the Jingoistic nature of extreme nationalism. Instead he promotes solidarity and safe borders via inner strength and helps promotes the arts and culture. Going along with a new wave of the common man speaking out for their own future, he became a voice for people never heard before. His party is center right. Heading the Liberty party he also is a cabinet member of the Centrist Democrat Union, a center right catch all party commonwealth. With his aide and vision the CDU has been a powerful force in the Correnian government, helping promote decades of prosperity. The Union and it's policies is considered a form of LIberal Conservativism.

As for Seibert himself, He is a Correnian from the North (for the last 18 years whoever led Correnia has come from the southern half) and former Journalist and news anchor, as well as former party chairman for the CDU. His ascension into the High Chancellor seat means he willingly forfeits those spots. Since late 2014, Seibert has been a member of the Correnian government's cabinet committee on foreign affairs at which ministers discuss organizational and structural issues related to Correnia's holdings and standing in the international community.

Previously he worked for the Correnan television station CBN (Correnia Broadcasting Network) as a journalist and presenter of the popular DUEGO Journal (until early 2014).

Born in the Correnian city of Longmire, the new leader experienced a rich world of culture and enlightenment from his very birth. As a young lad he strived to attain as much knowledge as possible, and to pass it along making everyone smarter around him. By the age of 16 he started to achieve his dream by joining the schools newspaper and reporting on regional happenings in an article called "My Two Cents; Keep The Change." He continued down his dream path years later when he was admitted into the prestigious Yuotzhu University, where he was accepted into the invite only college newspaper. From there, he was hired into the office of the DUEGO Journal.

Seibert is committed as the new High Chancellor to bring Correnia into a new guided age, with various reforms. He aims to tweak the current system in Correnia, not completely tear it down and start over like his fringe opponents. His policies include commitment to the principles that democratic societies provide individuals throughout the world with the best conditions for political liberty, personal freedom, equality of opportunity, and economic development under the rule of law; and therefore being committed to advancing the social and political values on which democratic societies are founded, including the basic personal freedoms and human rights, as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; in particular, the right of free speech, organization, assembly, and non-violent dissent; the right to free elections and the freedom to organise effective parliamentary opposition to government; the right to a free and independent media; the right to religious belief; equality before the law; and individual opportunity and prosperity. This in itself is what caught the support of millions of Correnians who showed their support. Since it's founding, Correnia has been a self described "enlightened autocracy." This means that for over 200 years, there has been no elections in the nation, and that only the highest social orders of Correnia may choose who ran the nation. In his own words from his interview, on the matter:

"Since our founding, the majority of people in Correnia had no voice. Our nation was led by the scientists, the college professors, the military generals, and the industrialists. While I am not saying that is a horrible thing, I do say that Correnia is much more than that. What about the farmers? the small shop owners, the Pre-school teachers, the desk clerks the police men the students the carpenters and so much more. They all have great ideas and so much to say, but the government has thought them mute. They have voted for me because I gave them a voice. I listened to the minority in charge, but I spoke for the majority. I showed that those who were previously mute had something to say. And they screamed, and shouted. They made their voice heard. their words made a lasting impression on me I will never forget. As much as they put their faith in me, I fully intent to put my faith in them, as together, we can make Correnia free and beautiful. Together, we can make Correnia into what the people want it to be. A democracy. A nation prosperous, free for all people."

Want to read the full interview? Full manuscript coming soon
Last edited by Correnia on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

West Suomi
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Suomi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:45 am

10 January 2018

International Headlines
  • 9 nations and West Suomi warned by Athara Magarati government to be on high alert for SHOCK terrorism
  • Dormill & Stiura declares war on Belle Ilse en Terre
  • San Montagna conflict coming to an end

Gaithersburg, West Suomi

Peter’s house being raided

Peter van der Merwe’s residence raided over drug allegations, shocking findings

Earlier today, the Suomian Tactical Police Force (STPF), raided Peter van der Merwe’s house in Gaithersburg, just outside Dundee in the East Midlands. His house was raided after a neighbour informed police of illicit drug use on Peter’s property.

Peter van der Merwe is the leader of the infamous Suomian white supremacist group Whites Rise. He formed the group in 1991 in Dundee, and the group has been increasing in membership ever since. They have carried out various attacks in West Suomi and Dasko. During the raid, the members of the STPF made an alarming discovery; plans for a bombing at a mosque in Blue Waters, as well as plans for a coup in Blue Waters! The police found drugs and other illicit substances and weapons on the property, and Peter was found and arrested.

Minister of Internal Affairs, Connor Crowe, made the following announcement about the predicament:
“Hello, Suomians. I have come here to address you all today on a shocking discovery. Plans for a bombing in Blue Waters by Whites Rise have been uncovered! Also plans for a coup in the capital were uncovered! This happened when police raided Peter van der Merwe’s house over drug allegations. Drugs and weapons were found, as well as these plans. But do not worry, because Peter is under arrest. Also, the attack, according to the plans, was only meant to be carried out in a week’s time, and the coup in a month’s time, so we have time to shut down these nasty operations. Stay safe everyone, and thank you.”

Thanks Mr. Crowe.

Blue Waters, West Suomi

Jeyzor raises terrorism threat to high after Athara Magarati warning, pledges to protect citizens

Today in the Capitol Building, Jeyzor raised the national risk of terrorism from medium to high. This is after Athara Magarat warned 9 nations and Suomi to be alert of a SHOCK attack which is thought to take place in one of the nations soon. Jeyzor stated the following in a televised announcement:
Good day citizens, I am speaking some bad news today, sorry for that. The Suomian risk of terrorism has officially been raised from medium to high. This comes after some Whites Rise plans were uncovered, and after the Magarati govern,ent warned us and other nations to be on high alert. I am pledging that the government and I will do our utmost best to protect not only our citizens, but anyone visiting too, from these cowardly, bigoted terrorists. I believe that we are all born equal, but not treated equally, so I do not support these bigoted cowards. Thank you, and, as always, equality for all!

Thank you Jeyzor.

leave a comment...

215 Comments
omar151 - 9 minutes ago
I am shocked at both Whites Rise and SHOCK. These hate groups just wish to cause more harm in the world, not cause peace like my nation and I want to do. These groups must not be supported! Let’s fight for a peaceful world! Deuces

101 Likes|15 dislikes

Reply|Like|Dislike

RealTruFlo - 4 minutes ago
Wassup homies, this is Rick, aka TruFlo. What I wanna say is that we must treat each other as family, not fiends. If we all care for each other, the world will become a great place. This message goes out to all my homeboys and homegirls. Peace, and remember, as Jeyzor says, equality for all!

52 likes|6 dislikes

Reply|Like|Dislike

Jacob_from_WhitesRise - 13 minutes ago
Time to die, Muslim a$$h0les!

0 likes|65 dislikes

Reply|Like|Dislike

Last edited by West Suomi on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of The Western Isles.
President: Jari Laaksonen (Jeyzor)
Capital city: Blue Waters

RPs I am currently in:
TWI News (The Western Isles News)
The Cooperative Union
TWItter (The Western Isles Twitter)
Iram of the Pillars

Belle Ilse en Terre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belle Ilse en Terre » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm

10 December 2017
Le Île
Port de Belle Île, Belle Île, Belle Ilse en Terre

Salic Law Dethroned

Due to the ridiculous and absurd actions of the former King, damaging the glorious image of the Ilse, Salic Law was rejected 4-1 in the Council of Peers, and with out was thrown out King Armand himself. He cowardly summoned an army to defend his hold on the crown, only to discover that, since the loss of the Roi, and the bloody civil war, and the inaction against the rebellious Lortik Lords, who sacked Bellemon, few knights and no levies came to his aid. He thus gather his family, and the family of the Duke de Blanchard, and fled to the nation of Ter Natiour in the Royal yacht, with much of the combined fortunes of the two families.

King George II Coronation Due

Following the repudiation of Salic law, without which King George’s grandmother and father would have been reigning, King Armand II became illegitimate to the eyes of the nobility, for he was already despised by the people, along with Tolbert. King George II has been quick to announce his coronation, on 12 January, and has invited all nations, except Ter Natiour, to discuss the the future of the Ilse in world affairs, and the future of elective government and the general liberalisation of the Ilsan government.

Reform Announced

Despite his delayed ascendance to the throne, King George Fitz-Faulkner II has already announced a number of reforms, including: freedom of press, abolition of serfdom, freedom of speech, retention of current noble properties, hospital and infrastructure reform, redrawing of provinces, an elective body, and elective provincial governments.

Peace Talks with Dormill and Stiura

While protesting innocence of the actions of the previous monarch, King George has officially apologised on behalf of King Armand II for provocation in the League and on the high seas. As such, the King has requested that Dormill and Stiura attend the Royal Coronation, and that the United Estates’ representatives stay afterward to discuss a peace treaty, and perhaps the establishment of closer relations.

Other Headlines:
Taxes Raised
Record Newspaper Sales
Last edited by Belle Ilse en Terre on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the Western Isles

-Put this in your sig if you're a Monarchy!
Political Views
Conservative Constitutional Monarchist, open to a bit of liberalism or socialism
A Level 27 Civilisation, according to this index.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Four Athara Magarat Nationals killed in Police Raid

Already 2018 has been sparking controversy around Polar Svalbard as the cases of Police Brutality in the nation expands. In this newest instance, Svalbardian officers in the City of Egersund killed four Athara Magarat Nationals on Visa in Polar Svalbard who were working in the city's shipping industry. Details on what occurred in the shooting were released today, although the names of neither the people killed nor the Officers involved were released.

Hours after the Libang Herald released news that the Athara Magarat government had warned the governments of ten nations, including Polar Svalbard, that SHOCK would likely be planning a major attack soon; the Egersund Police Department received information that a house in the Egersund suburbs was being used as a hideout for people who were connected to SHOCK. Within the hour a SWAT team was dispatched to the property and had the street on lockdown. The report states that police entered the house at 14:15, breaking down the front and back doors as they entered. As the team entered the first room, the report states that the officers saw one person in the living room reaching for something on the table, the lead officer discharged a round into the person's chest. The second team from the back, heard the shot from across the house and before being able to ask what happened they saw another person running from the room they were entering. The lead officer of that team discharged two rounds into that person's back not knowing who had fired the rounds shot by the other team.

Going on the report states that after the two teams made checks over the radio, they proceeded clearing the house. The front team went up the stairs while the second team went into the basement. The second team found two women in the basement huddled together and quickly apprehended them. The second team as they were going up the stairs saw a man appear with an object in his hand. As an officer yelled for him to drop what he had in his hands, the man fired a round at the officers from what turned out to be a gun. None of the officers were hurt and two rounds were discharged, catching the man in the upper torso and in the shoulder. The first team continued up the stairs and a woman ran at the lead officer brandishing an object in her hands screaming and crying. The lead officer discharged three rounds, two hit the woman in the chest and then one severed her Carotid artery. The team finished searching the upstairs and found three children in the room that the woman had run out of.

The report states that the four suspects shot, all died within minutes of being shot, and that the other five suspects were in police custody. The officers confiscated five laptops, three firearms, and a large amount of documents. The report does not state what the first suspect killed reached for, nor does it state whether the suspect running away from the second team had a weapon on him.

Currently the Police Department, nor the City of Egersund, have released a statement on the shooting, although it is likely that they will tonight. Neighbors report that around the times stated they saw officers and they heard gunfire and screams from the house.

The first two shot are extremely concerning as there was little warning given by the officers and they were very quick to shoot. Along with that it is quite possible that the last two were defending their children from a perceived danger. It is entirely possible that the people in the house did not even know Norwegian, which the officers were using to communicate. Many people who come to Polar Svalbard know only English, which is acceptable for the most part. Even if these people are linked to SHOCK, the police were still extremely dangerous in this situation.

We do not know what caused the officers to fire without hesitation nor without giving warnings to the first two shot, whether it was due to the warnings, whether it was due to inexperience, or whether it was racial tensions. Already a large part of the city of Egersund has people of Khas-Kirat background. The past few years have seen cases of racism or discrimination rising of Svalbardians and Arabic-Svalbardians against people of Khas-Kirat background. We shall see what is said when a statement is released but this does not look good on the police department as the raid was handled extremely sloppily and the officers there were extremely quick to pull the trigger. It hasn't even been announced whether there is a connection to SHOCK or not. With cases of Police Brutality on the rise around Polar Svalbard, we cannot just dismiss the possibility of the police being in the wrong here.

As of right now, this does not look favorably on the police department, but we will keep you updated as this story progresses. While we here at Svalbard News Nine have faith that Svalbardian Police Officers were trying to do what was right, the possibility that they were not is possible. Especially with what has been happening recently.
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm

January 10, 2018
Coventry, Covonant

CBC Headlines
  • Covonantians Vote to Remain in the Cooperative Union by a Slim Majority
  • FICA Director: Covonant Prepared to Stop Terrorist Attacks
  • Foreign Minister Blast Polar Svalbardian Consul Bellum

Covonantians Vote to Remain in the Cooperative Union by a Slim Majority

As the country went to the polls today to decide the fate of Covonant's membership in the 13 member state Cooperative Union, majority of Covonantians have voted to remain in the Political-Economic Bloc. The votes that came in a short while ago from the Covonantian Electoral Commission notes:

Remain-53%
Leave-47%

According to Communication Director of the Electoral Commission Annais Tweat, approximately 11.3 million Covonantians took to the polls in the referendum held today. He noted that the turnout was greater than expected.

We have on record approximately eleven million, three hundred Thousand Covonantians that went out to vote in the national referendum and in fact this amount is higher than what the commission had predicted as we had hoped that to have at least 62% of the electorate coming out to vote which would land that figure at around 9.8 million of those register voters.

Mr. Tweat noted that the day was cooperative and smooth. He also reported no major incidence occurring at polling stations across the country.

I can report that throughout the day, voters were cooperative and the process went smooth with no hindrance to vote. There has been no reports of any incidence occurring major in nature. Few minor issues raised that were quickly dealt with by the polling officer

Prime Minister Crassus Gais who had earlier casted his vote in his home zone of Kanaute was beaming with confidence for a leave victory

I am more than confident that Covonantians will make the right choice for the country and vote leave. We have campaigned hard and just as how we won the election we intend to win this as well

Last night on the live debate at the National Debate Centre here in Coventry, Prime Minister Gais expressed his main concern for wanting to leave the CU was due to issues of Covonant's sovereignty.

It is time that Covonantians take back their country from foreigners. The Cooperative Union is an encroaching organisation that will not provide the citizens of this great nation the route to determine their own destiny

In his rebuttal Opposition Leader Imperatus Marl called the Prime Minister out for spreading misinformation and driving fear tactic.

The Prime Minister is being very disingenuous with his illogical claim of what the CU stands for. The CU cannot act without the consent of the majority of the members and the wonderful thing of the Democratic practices of the CU is the ability for member states to appeal for redress. Covonant just as other CU members can and will continue to determine their own destiny. The Prime Minister must know that divided we fall, united we shall prosper

The CBC caught up to Prime Minister Gais shortly after the results had been released. He expressed his acceptance of the result and will accept defeat. He plans to work with the CU.

The wonderful thing about this country is that we allow the majority to determine her path and the people have spoken and the government will accept their demands and we intend to work with the CU and to see how best we can contribute to her success

Opposition Leader Marl noted that the referendum was a waste of taxpayers money where the government could have focused on other areas. He notes the victory on the remain side was showing that Covonantians are waking up to the destructive ways of the government.

I think this victory for the CU speaks volume. It is showing that for most Covonantians the CU was a non issue and was really the administration pushing their own agenda through means of propagandizing the real issues and painting the CU which lends it's creation to Covonant in a major way in very bad light. Covonantians are not interested much in the CU. Their fervor died down when they saw the bloc being able to pull countries together to work united on regional issues. Covonantians are more interested in investment opportunities and development of Jueverna. They are interested in the truth coming out concerning the government's alleged corrupt engagements, they are also concerned with the many promises they were told that is yet to come to pass and some already being broken. For example the Prime Minister had promised a scale back of Covonantian bases around the region and we have come to see the country holding more foreign bases than any other country in the region. We have seen where Covonantian troops are currently engaged in war. How they have forgotten their Covonant first rhetoric

CBC commentator Mikael Stokes is calling for the Prime Minister to resign. He also predicts rocky relation between Covonant and the CU.

I think the admirable thing for the Pm will be to resign. We have to ask the question, is he fit to lead an administration while maintaining relations with the CU. Already many CU states tolerate pm Gais because of the country he leads but are not supportive of him. How much confidence can CU states have with a Crassus Gais leading Covonant, a major country in a major organisation. I don't see the relation with Covonant and the CU being cooperative. I think it would be a Covonant at odds in a organisation that this administration will need to work with very closely. Also diplomacy and proper negotiation will have to be the order of the day

The Prime Minister is expected to make an official statement on the CU - COVONANT referendum on Friday when the Consul meets for session.

FICA Director: Covonant Prepared to Stop Terrorist Attacks

Director for the Federal Institute for Criminal Affairs Barca Mathis is assuring the public that the country is prepared to ward off any terrorist attempt. He noted that the FICA and the Covonantian Police High Command have been in high alert and are equipped to prevent terrorist attacks.

The FICA and the police forces are prepared and on high alert for any terrorist activities that may occur throughout today and for subsequent days. We have leads that points to some planned activities throughout today where many Covonantians will be out to vote but we advise all persons going to vote to be vigilante and report any suspicious activities. The FICA is working in tandem with the Police High Command as well as the IDC

He notes that there may be commemorative attacks carried out by SHOCK in memory of the terrorist plot that occurred last year on January 10 that claimed the lives of 5 Covonantians. The attack carried out by a Namdhingo Krumbang also saw the Athara Magarati national killed during the attacks by law enforcers.

Covonant has not seen a terrorist attack on local soil since then and we intend to keep it that way. We are working very closely with the Athara Magarati Intel to provide meaningful data on any suspicious acts that may prevent what occurred last year from happening again.

The Crassus Gais administration have been vocal towards the Athara Magarati government demanding that they do more to fight terrorism. Prime Minister Gais implemented a travel advisory to the country in relation to its ticking flu outbreak and issues of terrorism. Minister of Defense Crixus Ignacio notes that Covonantians will travel to the country where they are trained and indoctrinated to carry out attacks. He notes that local grown terrorism is failing while the Ministry observes an incease in foreign grown terrorism.

Foreign Minister Blast Polar Svalbardian Consul Bellum

Minister of Foreign Affairs Lydia Abbasca has blasted the Polar Svalbardian Consul Bellum Klark Zeltargo for what she called the Foreign interference in local Covonantian laws. She notes that the Consul Bellum should understand sovereignty before speaking critical on Covonantian laws.

The government was very disturbed with the way in which the Polar Svalbardian Consul Bellum critiqued Covonantian laws. I want to make it explicitly clear that Covonant stands as one of the most liberal democracies in the region but all countries including ours must decide how we want our society to be conducted. We will not be pressured or bullied to have our laws appease any foreign national or state. Our laws are our laws and just as we respect the laws of other states we hope for the same in return.

Minster Abbasca notes that the government and herself has taken offense to the Consul Bellum remarks of Covonantian laws being backwards. The Minister reminded the CBC that the Polar Svalbardian government is no saint and has questions to answer as well with relations to their conduct.

The UCG and myself were very disappointed and for a stronger term disrespected with the claims by the high Polar Svalbardian government official on our law and particularly on statements that our dangerous drug act is backwards. Covonantian laws are created based on the issues faced in the Covonantian society and we expect that our laws will be respected and observed as we do other states. Lest we forget that the Polar Svalbardian themselves have acted less civilized and backwards at most times. We recall the leaked documents that expressed the government use of dangerous chemicals on their citizens ad well as the extreme ways the police force suppressed protest and reprimand civilians. Have we also forgotten that it was that country which carried out a nuclear strike on another state. So I would caution Consul Bellum Zeltargo to not point fingers if his house is not clean. Covonant respects Polar Svalbard and we welcome the continued friendly relations between our countries but we will not be bullied or pressured from any country on sovereign matters.

The Minister notes that Covonant is seeking contact with the Miklanian government to notify them of recent events involving a Miklanian national. The CBC has not received a feedback from the Miklanian embassy.

DO REMEMBER THIS IS THE CBC

Reporter : Gloria Stiles
Last edited by Covonant on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Torom
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Torom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 am

Protests Surround Garland Clegget Kruse
The recent leaks showing the unscrupulous actions of the company Garland Clegget Kruse or GCK, an international legal firm, and in turn the Keveraite government. Enraged from their many wrongdoings, many have rallied around the company's Argus division in Gusatter in anger. Many have been suspicious of the company ever since it has reached Toromish shores from the Keveraite funding it has received, and some have shown public spite over the company coming to Torom. President Anton Hemvina said, "It was an awful idea to allow Garland Clegget Kruse to open up in Torom. To know that they have done such terrible things along with Keverai this entire time is disgusting beyond belief."

Thousands have gathered around the company building directing anger both at the company and at Keverai since last Friday. The public is very much only considering the Keveraite actions over the entire web of nations involved in the entire situation. Many of the protesters are anti-Keveran and the ire of the protest has turned from GCK to Keverai itself. One protester told us, "It's all Keverai's fault! All they care about is money no matter what. I'm more surprised that people are surprised that something 'this' bad could come from a place like that. It was a stupid *** descision to let a Keverai-funded company to come here. Let them leave here and never come back!"

Protestors Around GCK Building

Torom Hosting Sports Competitions in 2018
On the matter of sports today, with the new year comes new surprises as it has been announced that Torom shall be host to 3 competitions for 2018! The first one being near the end of the month with volleyball being the sport in question. It will be held at Gusatter. The two other championships will be held in the spring and summer later this year with one being cricket and the other still unspecified.

At the announcement of the hosting, Torom has also received much support from Samuderans who wanted the country to be host to some sports events. Other citizens of close nations with Torom have also supported the hosting. Many are expected to come to Torom soon to watch these competitions live and much more on streams and television. In a few weeks, the volleyball competition will begin and preparations are already underway. Many people are already preparing to watch it live, so if you are ready, go to Gusatter and watch the event.

Visits to Townside Soon
With the Samuderan visits to Torom being a major success, the government has decided to initiate more talks and visits with other countries in the near future, one of which being a visit to Townside, a friend of the country and a strategic trade partner. Both countries have expressed fondness to each other and have similar interests and relations with other countries. Plans for the visit will include agreements on trade and travelling, and possibly projects to be done in the future. A diplomat will be meeting with a Townsider representative on the 2nd of February.

Townside City, Townside

Eurania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Eurania » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Drama as prominent deputy accuses National Council of hindering efforts of fight against terror

Victoria Hakmin, leader of the right-wing party New United Eurania

Other News
  • INTERNATIONAL: War breaks out between Dormill-Stiura and Belle Ilse en Terre
  • Pravda among other media purchased by the government
  • Poll shows more Euranians want the state to stay out of CU
  • Deputy Andrä Harka-Dyusarka found dead in accident, authorities say
  • Anti-Khas-Kirati sentiment grows as Evjag boy found killed in cold blood

EURAVEZYJA - In the National Council, rhetoric was sputtered after own of its own accused the body of 'hindering the effort to fight the Liberators on the home front'

Deputy Victoria Hakmin, leader of the New United Eurania, a right-wing party formed that holds the most seats in the legislature after leaving the All-Union Party, blasted her colleagues after an operation by Euranian troops in Polania proved to be indecisive.

Opposition to New United Eurania fired back, telling Mrs. Hakmin that her claims were unfound, and that body had done much to put a leash on terrorism but 'they slipped through our fingers'.

Her party, surprisingly, has backed her claim, and has made a statement of her own. "Deputy Hakmin has made a point. She has highlighted that this body, a symbol and institution of the Euranian state, has been an obstacle in its fight to protect the citizens in a critical time."

"However," they added. "It is the corruption in the other parts of the legislature that are to blame."

Among the general Euranian public, the chaos in Euravezyja has been supported and condemned by some.

Ham Jyukoza, a spokesperson of 'United Peace', a advocacy group formed by the minorities of Eurania, said 'the ruling party's words are deeply harmful. Our country, one that had pulled through and has reestablished democracy, is now being thanks to needless rhetoric without any backing.'

The President has not commented on the situation. However, the Prime Minister has also accused the party, which is contrary to her liberalized and open policies that place emphasis on foreign affairs, of dividing the country. The war of words continued after the party responded and drew on its anti-immigration stance, calling the Prime Minister's policies 'partially' behind the terror incidents.

Last edited by Eurania on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE TRUE SOUTH .STRONG AND FREE

nation retired, see Aecurora if you need ic matters

Bravo Rio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bravo Rio » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Dhan’yabada Independence
Shares Image
Posted 30 min ago in News Politics by Estrange with 73,164 comments
Tags: buddhism,religion,dhan’yabada,dhan,independence

In a rather unexpected turn of events, during the ever-so-frequent calls for independence from the territory of Dhan’yabada. The vast territory nestled in the Northeastern mountains of Bravo Rio has made numerous calls for independence since their discovery in 1855. Let’s go over the history of the nation.

Dhan’yabada (Now known formally as the Buddhist Kingdom of Dhan’yabada) was officially and yet unknowingly claimed when the national border were drawn in 1758. At the time, Northeastern Bravo Rio was largely undiscovered due to the inhospitable conditions of the land and the mountains. First contact with the indigenous Buddhist people was made in 1832 and as these things usually go, the peaceful Dhan’s were shot and killed by the Brovan explorers. This resulted in skirmishes as the Dhan’s defended their holy land for over a century. Finally in 1968 a peace treaty was signed between the two nations and Dhan’yabada was promised to be left alone. Then again in 1989 the government moved into the territory and began their usual escapades taxing every out the wazoo and forcing them to conform to western society and culture.
Finally, on January 9th, on the 153rd attempt at independence the territory was granted near-complete autonomy in every aspect except economic. The selected Monarch? Badri (King in english) Shaesh Mactkar. His father has made the decision to step down from the throne and gift the kingdom to his son who drove for Dhan independence.

Badri Shaesh receiving the crown

In a rather motivational speech, King Mactkar stated; “Throughout my reign, I will never rule you as king. I will protect you as a parent, care for you as a brother and serve for you as a son. I shall give you everything and keep nothing.”

The Buddhist nation has taken a unique and sustainable stance with a promise to remain carbon neutral and to keep at least 70% of the land under forest cover at all time.

So, with that being said. What will become of Dhan’yabada? What role will they fill on the grand stage of politics? Only time will tell.
-Estrange

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 am

January 12th, 2018

Surrender before February if you want amnesty: AM gov to its nationals in SHOCK

Jrm Hangma has promised that her government will pardon all Athara Magarati nationals in SHOCK if they surrender before February 1st.

NEW LIBANG

Terrorist suspects who have Athara Magarati citizenship will be able to take advantage of a new law that will allow them back to normal life in the Demokratik Kuunsrach without being sent to jail.

Jrm Hangma said that the law will be a last offer for suspects who are on the 'Most Wanted' list as she seeks to gain support of both the Anti-Pacifism Movement supporters and pacifists who advocate human rights for all. Even Athara Magarati national in foreign nations can return and be freed from the list and granted a special licence.

The Athara Magarati government did not specify how many people would benefit from the Athara Magarati National Terrorism Suspect Bill, but it estimates that up to 400 nationals will seek amnesty through "judicial process". The number of Athara Magarati nationals in SHOCK range from 8,000 to 12,000 according to different sources and are said to constitute around 5% of the total members the multinational terror group has.

The Athara Magarati National Terrorism Suspect Bill however covers offences committed only on Athara Magarati soil and the government states that other nations have "total freedom" to prosecute Athara Magarati nationals who are on the terror list as per the rules of the state in question. The bill has been criticized by some lawmakers as "being soft" to terrorists and "against the spirit of Anti-Pacifism Movement" but Jrm Hangma and the 50 members of the DIvan-i-Magarati were quick to announce that any terror suspect who fails to surrender to Athara Magarati officials before February 1st can be now "shot at sight".

"This bill will be part of the drive to end terrorism. Under no circumstances does it further the goal of terrorists." Jrm Hangma insisted.

But Lal Bahadur Deuba, an army veteran who took part in the Anti-Pacifism Movement, said it was "an insult" that the bill had been published after the New Year hostage crisis and anti-Athara Magarati sentiment and hate crimes in Townside and suspected police brutality against four Athara Magarati nationals in Polar Svalbard.

"What's further insulting is that this bill was released two days after January 10th, which is the anniversary of the Coventry attack by Namdhingo Kurumbang, where five innocent Covonantians lost their lives." Mr Deuba said. "Terrorist fugitives, wanted in connection with the most heinous crimes, will be able to return to Athara Magarat without ever having to appear before a court, or give any account of their crimes. It seems that the state is just using the bill to protect its nationals (no matter how much of an outcast or radical they are) than trying to think of ways to ensure that that terrorists get the lesson and everything is back to normal."

The Athara Magarati government insisted that applicants would be subjected to a "judicial process", because prosecution for the offences would be pursued through "special tribunals". The tribunals would operate like a conventional Crown Court, except that it would be presided over by a retired judge, have no jury and the accused would not need to attend. Jrm Hangma and any of the 50 members of the Divan have the power to cancel the certificate, if its terms are broken.

If convicted, the person would be eligible for a licence on condition he/she agrees to provide fingerprints and samples. A licence will not be given to those who are deemed to be a danger to the public.

Last edited by Athara Magarat on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Oturia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oturia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 am

1/12/2018 8:45AM
Dunik City News
Dunik, Oturia

Newly discovered animal,
The Oturian Dragons?

A group of scientists were down in the southern wetlands studying the plant life with some college students when they stumbled on a nest of small, winged lizards.
They stated that they grow no bigger than the human thumb, they found 300 of these lizards.

We later questioned what they decided to name it, deciding to call it the "Oturian Dragon" because of how docile it is, yes there is no fear because these creatures are very docile to humans.

This is a great discovery and we thank the scientists who plan to keep an eye on them to keep them safe.
Last edited by Oturia on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gwM7FJvcaQE

"Only the dead have seen the end of war.”

I had a goddamned PLAN! - Dutch plan der linde
I don't use NS stats

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 pm

ImageImage
TOP STORIES
Atnaia Withdraws from League of the Western Isles | Hegemon Announces New Foreign Policy in Wake of Ticking Flu | Ten Dead in Kalghvisser Subway Attack | Ambress Quarantine Camp to Become Ambress Quarantine Village | Charbagnian Situation Escalates

ATNAIA

Asorist Attack in Kalghvisser Subway Leaves Ten Dead, Many Injured

A bombing in the Kalghvisser Subway System has left the city reeling, with ten confirmed dead after an improvised explosive device detonated on the track near Palihnstragha Station. LISA investigators have confirmed that the device was planted in the tunnels just outside the station, with the intent to direct the blast into an oncoming train and to damage the subway infrastructure on top of causing collateral damage.

"This attack was clearly done with malice of forethought," confirmed LISA spokesperson Astin Hakamoto. "The attackers were not only attempting to kill Atnaian citizens, but to cripple Kalghvisser's public transit and further delay recovery efforts in the city."

The attack has been claimed by the Gyges Collective, a new organization with ties to SOAR. Made up primarily of Asorist veterans of the Military Coup of the 1980's and loyalists to Henri Lusser, the Gyges Collective have been known supporters of SOAR through their ties with Claudio Hohenberger, notorious Asorist terrorist who was killed in a firefight with LISA agents at the beginning of the Merrit Situation. Read more...

INTERNATIONAL

Atnaia Pulls Away from League, Sovereignty Groups Applaud

After continued debate domestically, the Technocratic Hegemony has withdrawn from the League of the Western Isles. Quorum representatives stood shoulder-to-shoulder on the issue, claiming "ideological differences" to the direction the League has taken.

"The League's goal of peace and stability is a noble one," said Bartimaeus Jorke. "However, it's ideals have become subverted by an ideological imperialism that allows for no discussion or dissent. It forces acquiescence and subservience from its members, with the loudest voices attempting at each turn to subvert sovereign national rights. We continue to stand upon the pure directives of peace and stability, but we will always stand against the primacy of a tyranny of the mob." Read more...

Hegemon Outlines Foreign Policy Shift in Wake of Natural, Political Disaster

At a press conference this morning, Hegemon Wessich stepped forward to describe a "realignment of foreign policy" in the wake of the Ticking Flu Epidemic and subsequent attack from foreign governments. The Hegemon stated that the "continued, deliberate assassination of the Atnaian character perpetrated by those dedicated to undermining a stable recovery of the Atnaian nation shows that we can no longer rely solely on the attraction of a beautiful culture and technological supremacy to establish our safety."

To this end, the Hegemon stressed a policy of gathering "like-minded allies" in a network of regional sovereignty. "We were and will again be the gatekeepers of regional stability, but we cannot do this alone. We will not be undermined and underestimated by those who hate our culture, our history, and who read history through short-sighted eyes. The goal of every Atnaian is legacy, the building of a foundation in the present for what will only be realized in the future. Those with their goals fixed purely on political survival cannot last in the realm of legacy, and so we will oppose them. The parasite will not drain us. The predator will not consume us. We outlast."

- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Atnaia Pulls from League; Prime Minister Makes Statement on Charbagnia

Earlier today, Atnaia pulled from the league in protest to its sovereignty crushing policies and interventionism. Preceding the Atnaian's departure from the league was a long and uncivil argument regarding Charbagnia, which has consumed much of the League's efforts in the past months with little effect. The Thuzbek diplomat released a statement regarding the event.

"Atnaia is believed by many delegates to be an integral part of the international community," he said to reporters earlier. "This is simply showing to be untrue. As the Hegemony has headed down its dark, nationalist path, it has grown more belligerent, more authoritarian, and more unstable. Whether it be the ticking flu or these Asorists, another scourge of terrorism produced solely by the Atnaians, Atnaia has done not but been a thorn in the side of international peace and stability. Its departure, while mourned by my colleagues, is unpleasant, but entirely expected. When a nation chooses a path of selfishness and nationalism, it is only expected that it withdraw into itself. We saw that in our own dark history and we will see it again in the future."

The Vancouvian delegate chided his colleagues as being "ambivalent or rejoiceful" and that it "sickened him to the core."

"Comments such as these seem appropriate at the time, but serve not to do anything but show the attitude of the League as a whole," Asim said when asked. "The League is a broken thing, full of political forces attempting to maneuver through the international body and manipulate it to their gain. This, of course, shows naught but the corrupt attitude of the majority of capitalist nations: Thinking only of their greed and never of their fellow nations and man."

The debate which led the Atnaians to abandon the League was regarding Charbagnia, a nation which has seen much turmoil in past weeks.

"The Federation of Charbagnia is failing," Prime Minister Alaattin said in a statement given by the Press Secretary. "Any attempts to prop up a failing regime is madness. Attempts to gas his population into submission, create weapons of mass destruction, and to murder his own civilians in cold blood show that this regime is in need of changing. The current league resolution, which our nation did vote for in vain hope, seeks to treat with a government which should be attempting to rewrite its founding documents and forge a new, better government of the people. Instead of supporting a decrepit government, the goal should be to make one which is best for the people! Not one that is best for trade or imperial interests."

Reaction to the statement was generally positive with only some far right opposition MPs having anything to say in opposition.

"If we move to replace the government, only chaos will take its place," said Nubra Cark, the chairman of the Thuzbek Nationalist Party said. "Intervening in another country's affairs is the death of peace."

Regardless, the Prime Minister is not expected to take action in the nation, citing the issues of organization and chances of success.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Ainslie
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ainslie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 pm

INTERNATIONAL: Interview: Parkes on League
International District, Occupied Territories of The Western Isles

Colloquially known as “the honest space” by some Ahnslen political commentators, the League has been ‘bickering’ again over issues such as the definition of “massacre” and the definition of what a government is.

This is in the face of the first truly ‘unified’ step against Charbagnia’s government, following the imprisonment of league observers and the active pursuit of chemical weapons by the government. Today with us we have Callum Parkes, Ambassador to the League of The Western Isles from Ainslie.

“Good morning, Mr Parkes. What are your initial thoughts on the kind of personalities that are in that chamber with you?”

“Well, firstly, thank you for having me. It’s unusual that I get to get my head out of the desks of the International District *laughs lightly* to only talk about the League again. There are certainly some… interesting… personalities in there. There’s certainly fireworks in the chamber as very technical delegates go up against impassioned ones. Honestly, it is disappointing that the Secretary-General does not intervene as much as he could. A Summit JC would have a heart attack if they were in that room… but I guess that’s the difference between Ainslie and the International District, so I need to respect that.”
“What about the resolution that is currently at vote?”

“It’s important, despite the bickering that has been occuring as a result of it. We hope that it does pass, the last thing we need is another conflict that could be very preventable.”

“Our reporters have spoken much about your expressions in the league, would you mind explaining them to us?”

“I can’t exactly tell you what I’m feeling at that time… because some of them are so far off into the horizon. The truth is that when you already have such outspoken delegates in the League, you cannot express your opinions the same. Ahnslen diplomats have a long history in being open and honest about their concerns, but that just doesn’t work well in the world’s largest forum. You need to be calm, and measured about your concerns if anything is really to happen… It is near impossible to sit there, cold and emotionless as everything happens in front of you - so the next best thing is just not to speak, but clearly convey the Ahnslen opinion on it.”

“On a lighter note… who is your favourite delegate in that chamber, one lets say, you would just go to lunch frequently if you could?”

“The Noronnican delegate seems quite similar to myself, and I hope to have a catch up with him after this resolution passes so we can open up some better lines of communication to talk about what happens in the League.”

“Now… this question seems to be asked often of all the senior delegates.. What do you think of the Federal Corporals?”

“The FedCors with me are quite professional, although they can be quite conversational and warm. I know Whitty’s [Ambassador Whitford, Ahnslen Ambassador to TWI] got some larakins, I don’t know how i’d handle them honestly. But yeah, I have good chats with a lot of them and they understand and respect the confidential nature of some of the things I talk about.”

“Mr Parkes, thank you for taking the time to speak to us. Thank you also for being such a good advocate of Ahnslens in the League.”

“Thank you for having me.”

INTERNATIONAL: Ainslie responds to ‘remain’ vote
Arnton, Ainslie

Prime Minister Andrew Kenzai today held a press conference which involved responding to various international matters. This was done alongside Foreign Minister Gifford. On the top of the agenda was the referendum which reinforced the Covonantian commitment to the Cooperative Union.The results were close, however, with the remain vote totalling 53% of valid ballots. Kenzai addressed this in his response to the matter, the first question of the conference.

“Covonant, like Ainslie, has had concerns that the rapidly expanding and growing Cooperative Union may not be as well suited to our nations as they used to be.”

He continued by defending the “leave” supporters, who have come under increased pressure following their failed campaign.

“Politicians must follow their convictions and calling for leave campaigners to resign - people who campaigned on behalf of 47% of the population should not face these pressures. We live in equal democracies, not just the 50% or higher. I congratulate both sides - and look forward to continuing to work with the Gais administration."

Indenats leader Lawrence Jackson today went one step further than the PM, stating that “national democracy will always win against international bureaucrats run by an internationalist tyranny by majority”.

Kenzai also addressed the Keverai leaks, another topic that senior ACEGAD officials have been less than enthusiastic to respond to.

“It’s deeply worrying, the practices that have allegedly occurred. The Judicial Council of Ainslie is working with our government in order to investigate the documents on a holistic level, and this will include auditing the companies that appear in the document, whether they have been publicly revealed or not."

Garland Clegget Kruse’s Jessica Garland today stated that the audits are “a waste of public funds, especially for GCK, who have been cooperating fully with the Ahnslen Federal Government.”
Last edited by Ainslie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Unified Electorates of Ainslie
Discord gdayer and weather alarm man from The Western Isles.

"Aprosia and Townside: hey, let's do history and culture, things that affect many aspects of our nations
ainslie: hehe alarm go brrrrr"

- Aprosia, 2021

"Factbooks are never finished, as Ains would say"
- Torom, 2018

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates