NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles News

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kandana
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kandana » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Kandana News Network (KNN)
The Republic of Kandana

Threats of Terrorism at Kandana's 50th Anniversary Celebrations

Preparations are in full swing across the country as major cities gear up in anticipation of Kandana's 50th Anniversary Celebrations, which are set to be some of the most extravagant the country has ever seen. The joyous mood has, however, been punctuated with a series of anonymous manifestos sent to government offices in Asra and Karai, Kandana's most populous cities. It is unknown for certain if the manifestos are connected to the same individual or organization, but it is strongly suspected that they were coordinated in some fashion. While the manifestos are as of now undergoing evaluation, Asra's mayor, Indrani Jain, has promised a release of the manuscripts to the general public several days from now.
External news pertaining to acts of terror have led several prominent social figures, including talk-show host Kalyani Narang, to suspect SHOCK as the writers of the manifestos. These suspicions predominantly stem from a highly publicized, and racially motivated shooting at a Kandanan Magarati pride event several months ago. Such opinions, however, have unfortunately led to numerous, recent hate crimes against Kandanan Magaratis.
In the face of such tensions, the Minister of Culture, Aisha Kaur, cautioned watchers yesterday in a public appearance to stay aware and advocate for tolerance.
"We need to stand united in the face of terror. We cannot divide ourselves from the inside. We have to remember what we stand for, what this country stands for," she is quoted as saying. "Kandana is and has always been a beacon of diversity and multiculturalism. Such qualities are needed more than ever now when we face those who want to hurt our way of life."
While not official, it is thought that numerous security measures are being planned for the day of celebration. Further coverage will be brought to our readers.
Last edited by Kandana on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:30 am

January 17th, 2016

THE LIBANG HERLAD

SHOCK kidnap Vienne Noblesse amid blackout

VERSAILLES

The nineteen-year-old daughter of a high-ranking official in the Vienne government was kidnapped by SHOCK members as hackers from the organization are reported to have hacked into the power supply of the house of the kidnapped.

The blackout occurred only in the residence of the victim and nearby houses. Officials from Vioruax at the moment have refused to speak to the media about who was kidnapped but affirm that the kidnapped girl was indeed from a Noblesse family. Security guards and other staff of the house were said to have been killed or injured by the kidnappers during the blackout. The exact number of the killed or injured people has not been verified as well.

CERTAIN, the cyber crimes division of Athara Magarat has stated that the hackers involved in causing the blackout in the targeted location may have been Athara Magarati citizens who have to learn computing and basic coding formally since they are six or seven.

A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of Athara Magarat said, "However the kidnappers do not seem to be Athara Magarati citizens, which is a relief for us. The Vienne police are said to have identified the kidnappers as two Akari (since this individual is from Akar, we are talking with Keomoran officials as well for that matter) businesswomen and a Herudi beautician (originally from Bhikkustan) who had been living in Vioraux for a long time. We condemn any forms of terror activities by any group or individuals. Though we may have shaky relations with Vioraux, we will do our best to help find the girl and return her to her family."

The Herudi beautician who had been living in Vioraux for a while. Police are looking for her and her accomplice as one of the kidnappers.

The two Akari businesswomen said to be involved in the kidnapping. Police are suspecting that the three women may not have been the onky kidnappers.

"The police there said that they had found a message written in blood at the crime scene. The message had SHOCK at the bottom and it said that the act was in response to Romsay and the gladiator games that put innocent human and animal lives into hell for amusement." The ministerial spokesman told the Herald. It has been reported that the trio came to the house of the Noblesse with rare beauty products and police believe that those among the staff may have been also involved in the kidnapping and terrorist activity. "It is to be believed that this could not have been pulled off without inside help. Their police say that they are interrogating the domestic staff and the security."

Hang apologized for SHOCK's activities

NEW LIBANG

The Hang of Athara Magarat Purna Sura Paija gave formal apology to the victims of the recent terror attacks committed by SHOCK. In a press conference, the Hang apologized as he joined his hands in remorse while he was asked by reporters to give his opinions regrading SHOCK.

The Hang being interviewed by reporters regarding his thoughts on the terrorist activities of SHOCK.

"I apologized to Imperatus Marl, a very good friend of mine right after the first terrorist attack took place. At that moment, CERTAIN and the Foreign Ministry immediately offered their condolences and apologies on the behalf of Athara Magarat.

Right now, I would like to use this very opportunity to offer my heart-felt apologies from every Athara Magarati to the victims of the terrorist acts of SHOCK. I apologize to Covonant for Athara Magarat's failure in preventing an Athara Magarati woman from committing what happened in Coventry. I apologize to Karahar for failing to prevent more Athara Magarati citizens being involved in terrorist activities and the fact that more Karaharians have lost their lives to SHOCK than any other people. I apologize to Bhikkustani refugees for failing to five them proper facilities even when they trusted us and came here facing so many hazards. I apologize to the people of New Forest for the knife attack.

I apologize to all that the SHOCK has done and what the they may do in the future. It is our duty as nations to stop our youths from radicalizing and to promote cooperation among nations. SHOCK wants to destroy what the Cooperative Union stands for. We will fight SHOCK not with our weapons but by uniting with other nations under the banner of the League, the banner of the CU and the banner of the ISDP. We will use healing words that will be far more deadly than any weapons SHOCK have. And let us all rise back and show the people in SHOCK that we mean to fight them in this way...united than ever.

The almighty stand with us even in our desperate times. All is not lost, my friends. And for now, let us all pray for Coventry, for Karahar, for New Forest, for the Bhikkustani refugees and more recently for the kidnapped Vienne girl."

Atnaia should help Athara Magarat more in the seas: Kulung

The always controversial politician - MP Swarga Kulung.

NEW LIBANG

Member of Parliament Swarga Kulung, a prominent leader of the Workers Party in the House of Representatives. Time and again, MP Kulung has made headlines with his controversial comments. Sometimes about Viennes being the culprits behind the brief war between Keomora and Athara Magarat for the island of Thakali Island (called Akar by the natives and Keomorans) and at other times about secret elements of Athara Magarat are training Bhikkustani refugees to work for SHOCK. This time it has been about Atnaia's naval obligation and his thoughts have sparked fury from not only military officers but even politicians of Athara Magarat.

Kulung is reported to have said that "Atnaia has a duty to check on the Bhikkustani refugees coming to Athara Magarat in boatloads. If Atnaia cannot do this simple task they can forget of becoming a global superpower."

Several members of the House of Representatives were furious at Kulung. "He has no right to order other nations, on top of that one of the most closest nations to us in terms of geography and history," said MP Seema Tuladhar. "He can't just order a sovereign nation to send more ships."

"This old man spoke without consulting us, let alone talking to the Atnaian High Command and the Atnaian Naval Command." A military spokeswoman who refused to be named told the Herald. "As a matter of fact, Atnaian Naval Command has already been helping us check on the Bhikkustani refugee boats. How else could we...a nation with no naval power managed to have saved so many refugee lives? Kulung needs to get his facts correct, Atnaian Naval Command has already been doing humanitarian way. We will also tell them that they ought not to listen to some crackpot who has been known to spout nonsense time and again. We better not get started on the list of controversial headlines he has made."

Even the Hang is said to have grown tired of listening to MP Kulung's antics. He is reported to have addressed this to the controversial politician. "Mr Swarga Kulung, it will degrade the name of Vioraux if I say that you act like a six-year-old spoiled Vienne child. Instead "of spouting nonsense we ought to thank the Atnaian seamen who had done every possible thing they could do to help the refugees."
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:04 pm

January 18, 2017
Coventry, Covonant

Prime Minister Marl informs Consul of more funding for national security

Following the recent attacks in Coventry that saw five people dead and the attacks on a nuclear power plant in Jueverna that saw over 200 people losing their lives, Prime Minister Imperatus Marl announced in the Consul today major changes to improve national security, chief among those being more funding for defense departments, and security agency.

We have seen time and time again the destructive results that comes with terrorism. My government is taking the charge to ensure that we do not become a haven for terrorist activities, that we do everything in our means and power to defeat those whose sole intention is to defeat us. Coming from a meeting with Cabinet, it has been discussed and agreed upon that critical steps and action be taken. I have expressed such steps and actions more with the Finance and Commerce Minister to see a streamlined increase in funding to our departments and agencies responsible for our national security

The Prime Minister in his addressed noted that the increase will amount to $35 billion dollars.

We have allocated roughly $35 billion dollars that will be pumped into our departments and agencies to ensure that they are able to acquire the best in resources and manpower. We cannot place a price on our safety but one can't argue that it is not the right thing to do.

The Increases outlined by Prime Minister Marl are:
-The Ministry of Defense (Maxmum) will see a total increase in it budget amounting to $5.5 billion dollars.
-The National Legion Defense Unit will see a total increase amounting to $3 billion dollars
-The Covonantian Marine Corp will see a total increase amounting to $6 billion dollars.
-The Covonant Air Defense Institute will see a total increase of $4 billion dollars.
-The Covonantian Naval and Maritime Department will see a total increase amounting to $8 billion dollars.
-The Intelligence and Data Centre will see a total increase amounting to $5 billion dollars.
-The Federal Institute of Criminal Affairs will see a total increase amounting to $3.5 billion dollars.

The Prime Minister also noted that a separate funding will be allocated to the National Guard one he notes will not be disclosed to the public for security means.

These increase in funding is our governments will to ensure that the Covonantian people are kept safe not just at home but also abroad. We will remain committed to defeating and uprooting terrorist organisation along with our allies. One of our greatest institutions that was ever created was our National Guard, and we must respect that institution for the task it holds in this 21st century is challenging as they face a new enemy that seeks to dismantle all that this nation was built on. My government has agreed to an increase in funding this institution, the figures will at this time will remain classified as a matter of sensitive security details.

The Opposition in a great move of non-partisanship showed unanimous support with the government. Opposition Leader Crassus Gais called the move timely.

I am pleased that the government has taken the time to make our security a priority. I am sure I can speak on behalf of the opposition members in this chamber that we support this move by the government which I believe is coming at the right time. We are however concerned that all cost should be made public to the taxpaying Covonantians as it leaves them at a disservice to be left in the dark concerning where they tax dollars are being spent.

Finance Minister Archibald Steele assured the Opposition leader that it is not an exorbitant amount. The Finance Minister is to present greater clarity to the government increase in defense budget proposal next Tuesday as he starts off the Sectoral Debates.

Covonant to implement travel restrictions on countries around TWI

As the government makes moves to improve the national defense of the country following recent attacks, the Minister of Foreign Affairs Tilonius Vesa expressed that in the very near future Covonant will be looking to implement stricter travel arrangement for countries citizens travelling to Covonant.

We are taking the bold step to safeguard our peoples and institutions, and it had been agreed upon by Cabinet that our days of a open border policy are nearing its end. Covonant will have to make these bold policy changes. We will be seeing in the very near future visa restrictions imposed on certain countries within the Isles, countries that are not mutual to the Union and countries that faces a threat to our national security. Also it will be made mandatory for all visa applicant to acquire a bio metric test as a compliance with the travel authority and the Covonantian Government

Minster Vesa noted that a new agency will be created to oversee and implement the changes with great levels of scrutiny and oversight.

These new changes to our open border policy will be under the direct responsibility of the Travel Authority and Immigration Agency (TAIA). This agency is still being discussed on and should be created in due course but it will carry out the government's intent of monitoring with greater levels of scrutiny those who are travelling to Covonant, and it will also have its oversight body to ensure such scrutiny is not baseless and discriminatory.

Government purchases military vehicles from Corindia

P7 Aguila Fighter Aircraft

At the government's presentation to the Consul today, key government Ministers presented their plans and works of how Covonantian citizens can trust the government to ensure their safety throughout the year. So far the Union has already seen a terrorist attack occur on local soil in the capital less than a month since another terrorist attack took place in Jueverna. The Minister of Defense Batiatus Sula is reporting that the government is in dialogue with Corindian military contracted companies for the procurement of military vehicles.

My Ministry is steadfast on our safety. Already we have procured and placed in service military vehicles such as jeeps for our national guards. In the coming months we can expect to see more new military vehicles and aircraft being placed into service not just for our national guards but our legions as well. These vehicles we have procured from Corindia at an estimated cost of $1.1 billion dollars. We must agree that for what we are procuring the cost is inexpensive

According to Minister Sula the Union will be purchasing
-30 AH1 Lagartija Light attack helicopter (Overall cost amount to $600 million)
-20 HTH2 Caiman transport helicopter (Overall cost amount to $220 million)
-50 APC Galgo (Overall cost amount to $25 million)
-10 P7 Aguila fighter aircraft (Overall cost amount to $300 million)

With these new purchases, it will allow us to better respond to crisis situation and also allow us to prevent such instances. Be assured that we will be looking to increase the numbers of vehicles and craft as time progresses.

IDC makes surprising new discovery on Juevernan Nuclear power plant attack

The Intelligence and Data Centre Headquarters, Devios City, Devios

The Intelligence and Data Centre (IDC) is reporting a surprising new find on the attacks that occurred in December on a Juevernan Nuclear power plant. According to Lucius Frith Director of the IDC, the attacks were conducted by Sons of Asorist Retribution or otherwise called SOAR.

After intensive investigations were conducted, we realised that we were way off in terms of leads that would suggest that Faceless were behind the attacks. This new revelation is also supported by investigations conducted by the Federal Institute for Criminal Affairs (FICA). We are more than confident that the attacks were conducted by SOAR.

Mr. Frith expressed that SOAR are masterminds when it comes to cyberwars, and were well advance in distorting information. He attributed such talents as a result of the interconnections of the terrorist organisation with others around the Isles.

We realised that our leads were carrying us around in a circle. For one we couldn't see how a group 1000s of miles away from Jueverna had that level of knowledge and connections to target Covonant. We literally had to look next door and that would have provided us with the leads and conclusion to how they managed to pull it off.

Mr. Frith noted that it was a hacking of the power plant system that led to the meltdown. The deaths were caused by fire to adjoining buildings and persons being trapped.

I am not sure if their intent was on killing Covonantians or just to get our attention. Either way, I can say that they have gained our attention. I can't say to what they would want with Covonant. We are still researching on this group and will be making recommendations on how to fight back. I don't believe for a minute that we will accept their actions. I am sure we will make an example out of them. I am waiting on directives from the Defense Minister, but as it stands the matter has to be dealt by the government or any advise or command we receive will have to be provided by the government.

Mr. Frith believes that in coming days more revelation should be known on just exactly who SOAR is and why are they targeting Covonant.

Do remember you are with the CBC

Reporter: Gloria Stiles
Last edited by Covonant on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm

VELAHI CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY

January 17, 2017

Minister of Foreign Affairs Noel Morris shrugged off comments made by Polar Svalbard’s Consul Adstutia in her press conference Monday where she seemingly attacked the Organization of Communist nations in the Western Isles (OCWI).

“Our comment is that we have no comment.” Minister Morris said with a light chuckle. But quickly turning to a more serious tone, Velah's top diplomat was quick to clarify that countries should not interfere in its sovereign activities. “But make no mistake. We will not stand idly and be boxed in. We have every right to engage our socialist and communist partners in the region and we will pursue that.”

He also stressed that the OCWI was not mean to antagonize the regional community, but rather, the organization was meant to provide a "functional mechanism for socialist and communist countries to cooperate with one another."

Meanwhile, Minister Morris confirmed that the United Republic of Great Britain has sent top level correspondence signifying their interest to be admitted into the OCWI.

“It will be discussed in the first Secretariat meeting, definitely.”

He also hinted at other countries having reached out to Velah, or having been invited by the People's Democratic Republic to join the Organization.

The OCWI has been touted as a key foreign policy objective of Comrade Brandon Snow, who has announced that Velah should take a more "active role" in regional affairs in the Western Isles
Last edited by Velah on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 am

January 18, 2017
Tao-Shing News
Keomora

The Empire and her stance on Vioraux

In response to Vioraux's erratic President Darkwill held a press conference to finalize Keomora's stance after weeks of silence regarding any matter with that nation. The President stressed that a peaceful resolution to Romsay, the breakaway territory is necessary and that to uphold the new resolution. However he also voiced his displeasure with Vioraux.
Vioraux is an important yet very unstable country in the Western Isles, ruled by a spoiled elite caring for nothing but their own luxury while the masses are disenfranchised and suffering. It is clear that they have learned nothing from their previous revolution last year, opting instead to be more repressive and isolated. And now it is time to awaken them. If they continue to act like children then we shall treat them like children, but we will not clean up their messes for them.

In addition he also condemned the Dauphine's call to agree to the Plutocratic Oath, calling it a clear violation of Resolution 16, and if it is enforced than C6 shall take the appropriate measures to ensure that a referendum takes place to liberate the people of Romsay.
If Vioraux believe we are stupid enough to not see what they are attempting then they have another thing coming. We all know what's happening. Force the people to comply through fear and removing dissent. This shows us that Vioraux cares little about the league or the stability of the Western Isles, just when they placed every Bhikkustani in their country in a concentration camp, banned Buddhism and started a war that we had to finish. To this we say no more. If they choose to blatantly violate the league, C6 shall take proper actions to ensure stability and defend the people of Romsay.

Sea Shepherds to Organize
In response to the TDCDC announcing their intention to exploit Kao-Hayong (Terrain de Chasse) the Sea Shepherds, an environmental group declared that they will take action. With four ships they will arrive on Friday and will be escorted by a Dauntless-class frigate to ensure that Vioraux government does not act "hastily". Edward Keen, Director of Foreign Affairs in a press conference stated that while he disapproves of the Sea Shepherds, there are no laws that forbids the Sea Shepherds from doing this, and stated that if the Vioraux government does anything erratic like sinking a ship, there will consequences.
The Defender docking in Wellsia
For Peace and Honor.

Ostehaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:50 am

January 18th, 2017
First News Network
Porohare, Ostehaar

OSTER TORK EXO-ATMOSPHERIC INTERCEPTOR HANDED OVER TO THE AIR FORCE

Earlier today, the Ministry of Defense announced the delivery of the first batch of IM-1 Tork (Oster word for Claw) interceptors to the Air Force, in a formal ceremony at Maaneris airbase. The Tork system, developed by the ISD and Satre Aerospace, is the upper-most tier in the Oster strategic missile defense capability, which also includes the Miklanian Longsword missile (MEADS), as well as several other imported systems.

The Tork interceptor enables longer range, higher altitude (exo-atmospheric), and more precise ballistic missile engagements. The combined interception capabilities of the Tork and MEADS will significantly reduce the possibilities of ballistic missiles hitting the Oster homeland.

The delivery took place about half-a-year after the last successful interception test in June 2016, that proved the missile's ability to detect, track, and destroy ballistic missile targets in space. The final test demonstrated the system's maturity and paved the way towards low-rate initial production of the missile. The Miklanian contribution to the Tork program is a key reason behind the remarkable accomplishment at relatively short time.

The IM-1 missile in last year's test

As old threats continue to grow and new emerging threats surface, Ostehaar is dedicated to the continued development and enhancement of the nation's ballistic missile defense elements and systems, to provide the appropriate defense solutions. The Tork weapon system's unique and expanding capabilities place Ostehaar among the most advanced countries in the region in the ability to defend against ballistic missile threats.
Last edited by Ostehaar on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

United Republic of Great Britain
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Great Britain » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:48 am

18th of January, 2017
"The Republican Observer"
Nation or Location of News

SOAR brutally murders Auxiliary Force Officer !

Yesterday, an Auxiliary Force parade in Warrington (Council of Lancaster) was cut short by a terrorist attack. Parading was 4th Battalion A.F., The Commandant's Volunteers. At approximately 11 AM, two black vans entered the parade square by breaking through two different road blocks. In a drive-by styled attack, at least one gunman fired from each vehicle, aimed directly at the Battalions Commanding Officer Comrade James Leyburn, killing him at the spot. Leyburn was 36 Years old, a Lt. Colonel and Commandant of the City of Warrington. He leaves back his wife and three children.

Consciously, Leyburns men returned fire to the attackers. While one vehicle managed to escaped nearly unscathed, the second one was successfully stopped. Of it's six occupants, five were killed during the shootout, the sixth is still under interrogation. The remains of the escaped vehicle are unknown, Auxiliary Forces nationwide have been deployed in search for it. The Councils of Lancaster, York, Chester, Westmoreland and Cumberland have been placed under curfew, a nationwide Curfew will be implemented if the attackers are not found within the next twenty-four hours.

The captured attacker, whose name has not been given out yet, claimed the attack in the name of SOAR, a terror organization fighting, among others, against the alleged "Elitism" within the Republic, with the long-term aim of conquering the entire world for Asorism. Further information has not been given yet, and it's expected that the Prisoner will be brought before the People's Court so that torture may be authorized.

Gudao
Lobbyist

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gudao » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 pm

18th January, 2017
RiChu Newsstand
Gudao

GCS Lóng Deployed To Mesder To Protect International Shipping

GCS Lóng Deployed To Mesder To Protect International Shipping
RiChu News -18th January 2017

GCS Lóng, one of the Níngjìng Class Light Destroyers employed by the Gudao Maritime Self-Defence Force, has been tasked with protecting merchant vessels and GMSDF ships sailing through the Mesder Sea region.

The destroyer also escorted the Joint Expeditionary Force task group including several Chénghai Class Multi-Purpose Frigates and two Níngjìng Class Tianshi-Hook Frigates.

The ship will also be operating as part a joint task force to monitor Gudaoan and international shipping in the region, preventing illegal hijackings - using ... Read more ...

Kamieniec Podolski
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamieniec Podolski » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:08 pm

18 January, 2017
Kamieniec Poldolskian News Service

Cargo Vessel Crashes into Island

The Naval Department of Intelligence has confirmed that a small cargo vessel carrying between 15 and 20 DWT of agricultural products has crashed on Wolin island. Wolin island is roughly midway between mainland Kamieniec Poldolski, and Petit Trinanon. Thankfully, both the ship and the majority of the cargo are salvageable. 12 are presumed dead.

Food Shortages in Łódź

The bread shortages in Łódź show no signs of letting up. The prezydent of the city has begun rationing the remaining stores of food. Local garrisons are on high alert in case of any potential civil disturbances.

Łódź has been inconvenienced by shortages since severe flooding destroyed the major pathways into the city.

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 pm

01/18/2017
Capital City Times
Capital City, Cruxa

MISSING AIRLINER OVER MESDEN SEA

Belisle Airlines flight M3767 has been reported as missing in the last five hours over the Mesden Sea.It is currently unknown what happened to the plane, or where it could have gone. Investigators on the scene say that there were no debris in the water, and that there were no boats or vessels in the area. This exceedingly strange occurrence will be further investigated by Cruxan officials come morning.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 am

Top Stories

• Youngest climber to summit Mount
    Bracing solo returns safely
  • 2017 will be the year of Atnaian space
    development, says Heron CEO Killian Masque
  • Missing MP found dead at vacation resort
  • SOAR kidnaps Atnaian volunteers on
    Merrit
  • Cold snap threatens Atnaian soy farms,
    says ADA
  • Completion of new Merritian airfield
    opens island to a "grand future"
  • Neon factory burns down in rainbow
    conflagaration
  • New children's educational program
    focused on techncial literacy praised
    for quality by top-ranked educator
  • Lady Lostwith caught with aide in
    surprising scandal? - 10m
  • Annual marijuana festival reaches
    record high in attendance
  • Eighteen students arrested in Ambress
    for promotion of Asorist thought
  • Princess Mary attends fashion gala in
    stunning dress - Gallery
  • St. Luke's Mariners Football Club on road
    to Premier League placement?
  • New Dublin doctor arrested for "record-
    breaking" case of prescription fraud
  • Coldwater Bastion Network operational
    by April, promises local council
  • HAB renovations complete, tours open
    to public
  • Women's hockey player released from
    jail following controversial trial
  • Beethovan Alien Spy 2017's band-to-
    watch?
  • Workhouse safety regulations under
    review

Naval Clash with Gudao First Step in Violent Escalation?
480p | 720p | 1080p | Settings

The HRHS Topaz was amongst the ships involved in an unclear naval engagement with Gudao

PORT GRAY, ATNA PREFECTURE, ATNAIA - Representatives from the Hegemonic Quorum announced this morning that the Atnaian Navy had engaged Gudaoan ships in the Mesder late last night, a further escalation of hostilities between the two nations in the wake of collapsed trade negotiations. It is unclear at this time how the naval clash began, with neither side taking responsibility at the moment. While only minor damage was done to the ships involved, and no casualties have been reported, this engagement appears to be just one more step on an escalation to violent confrontation between the two nations.

"It is the opinion of the Quorum that Gudao has clearly overstepped its bounds by extending its ships as far into the Mesder as they have," said General Peter Albright of the Quorum. "Regardless of how this engagement came to happen, Gudao has made a clear and immediate threat of force through their actions, and all Atnaian activity going forward is in protection of our nation's interests."

Many are calling for swift and immediate reaction to the present Gudaoan threat to Atnaian interests.

"They claim they have moved ships into our waters to protect their trade concerns, but in actuality they have placed themselves in a position to strangle out Atnaian commerce through violence," says Steve Winkler, spokesperson for the Atnaian Trade Commission. "A clash like this was inevitable, and if we are to protect our economy and our way of life, we must make immediate strides to quell the threat."

"The time for patience is past," said the Hegemon to press. "We are making an immediate ultimatum: Gudao will withdraw her ships, or will face retribution from Atnaia. We gave Gudao the freedom they enjoy now, and they abuse it. Like a disappointed parent, we will not ave our authority mocked. Gudaoan sovereignty is a privilege, and they take advantage of our generosity."

Last edited by Atnaia on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:42 am

January 19, 2017
Grand Force Central News
Grattan, The Grand Force

City quarantined after virus causes devastation.

Grattan a city in northern Grand Force has been quarantined and national relief forces have been sent to restore the city and save it from this plague several emergency protocols including protocol five declaring full martial law in the city at this time the situation is unclear as the police, firefighting, and medial services have all gone offline. I would also appears that several factions have arisen in the absence of law this is unconfirmed at the moment but civilian escapees have admitted to there being rampant violence in the streets.
In an interview Colonel Joseph Green the man leading the relief forces entitled the ARF had this to say...
'' The city is in good hands we are pulling together five hundred professional soldiers as well as volunteers from the city plenty of people are going in we will save this city and her people.''

The ARF is set to arrive in Grattan in a few days but right now nothing is certain. It is unknown if this disease was purely by accident or set in the city's water supply on purpose all we know is that it appears to be a form of cholera and all city's are advised to check their water for contamination this has been Grand Force Central News, signing off.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=400296
Last edited by The Grand Force on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Western Isles member.

Karahar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Karahar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

SHOCK Fails Shocking Attack

Nakhu Khal speaks about the attack

Just last night SHOCK attempted to assassinate Nakhu Khal. Nakhu Khal announced that he would be visiting the site of the next hydro-electricity dam. While he was driving there he stopped for what looked like an old woman crossing the road. When the "old woman" was directly in front of Nakhu, she yanked off her mask and fired all six shots from her stolen revolver. The woman was later revealed to be the 31 year-old Humbu Norsal.
It was terrifying. I have never been so scared in my life. I ducked down as the bullets smashed through my windscreen. My chauffeur was still sitting up though. I yanked the handle at the back of the seat and his seat leant back. The bullets were so close, one of them skimmed by ear and it started bleeding. I never want to be in a situation like that again.
-Nakhu Khal

After the shots had been fired the woman ran. The police sprinted after her. One of the policemen drew a taser out and fired. It got her in the leg and she fell over. The policemen cuffed the woman and put her in the police car. The official visit was called off. But the car was going to drive there to lure any more assassins out. There were no more. The woman was revealed as being part of SHOCK, a terrorist group who want to bring the Khas-Kirat empire back.
I was trying to get down but I simply couldn't. I was petrified. It was the most scary moment of my life. When I felt the seat fall back I though I had been hit and I was falling down. When I realised what had happened I was so relieved that Nakhu Khal had saved me. I can never thank him enough. I am definitely voting for him next election.
-Orpt Nigret (the chauffeur)
Proud Member of The Western Isles

[_★_]
( -_- ) Copy and paste this into your signature if communism cyka blat

Leetika
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Leetika » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 pm

The Leetikan Daily Express

January 20, 2017

Citizens of Leetika join the Nabetseican world in celebrating one of the holiest days of the Church, the Feast of Saint John. Nabetseicans have a special regard for the most Blessed Saint John, the father of Lord Bram, and as such go through great efforts to show their reverence and faith. The doctrines of the Nabetseican Church teaches that Saint John is clothed in a “splendor of an entirely unique holiness, one to be venerated above Lord Bram himself." January 20 is a holy day of obligation, and is a legal holiday in most Nabetseican countries, including the Republic of Leetika.

In the capital, President Chanel Tiggs will be attending the afternoon high mass with several members of the cabinet. She is also expected to deliver a short address after the mass. President Tiggs earlier released a statement, extolling the virtues of Saint John, and calling on Nabetseicans to follow in Saint John's example of "immeasurable love and fidelity to the Holy Family".

Leetikans will enjoy a three-day weekend, with most families expected to spend time together or go out of the cities for a quick vacation in nearby tourist destinations. In light of the terrorist attacks in Covonant and Athara Magarat, and the recent attempt by SHOCK to assassinate Nakhu Khal, leader of Karahar, Home Secretary Freddie Lane has beefed ordered the police to beef up security in the capital and in other major urban centers. anti-terrorism units have also been deployed in all ports of entry to support security personnel.

While Secretary Lane said that Leetika faced no credible threat at the moment, the government has been quietly monitoring the rise of the new terrorist organization and have contacted its foreign partners to cooperate in the containment and elimination of the violent group.

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domanania » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:13 am

January 21, 2017
Federation Broadcasting Channel
Domanania

Congress Passes Bill to give More Powers to Beyn Tarr

With rising tensions between Vioraux and the Federation, many have been clamoring for a solution. Despite the federation heeling to League proposals, the very thought of the Vienne-Doman rivalry being dictated by others has sparked displeasure among the people.

They find Maricus Brenshal's pro-vienne policies "A blasphemy of politics that would lead to our destruction". Marcius, charismatic and strong in his positions, doesn't wish to see the Federation plunged into an imperial reign of isolationism and war mongering against their neighbors, as his ancestors had done for thousands of years. Recent events however have been turning some of his supporters against him.

A proposal was made to congress by one of Beyn Tarr's political allies, to give the standing vice president more executive powers; including the president's veto and dictate ambassadors and diplomats. These powers have always been held by the president and this bill would see the presidency split in two.

It also would limit the power Marcius has over foreign policies and negotiations. Many in congress still do not approve of Beyn's views or goals, but he had enough support behind limiting Marcius' power to allow them to push their own agendas.

The vote passed 180 for, 100 against, and 20 abstains. The bill will take effect at the end of the month, and will usher in a new era of Doman politics.
Proud member of The Western Isles

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 am

January 22, 2017
T3 - The Termon Telegraph
Termon, Shanowinn

Chulainn NaAchill: Faith, Unification, Strength

Ahernric candidate Chulainn NaAchill has released a long awaited statement regarding his visions for Shanowinn, should he be elected. In the statement he claimed that "while Shanowinn is not completely homologous, our [Owinn Pagan] faith can unify, and through this unification we will have strength. "Social media and the internet is beginning to incorporate the slogan "faith, unification, strength" into supportive memes, tweets, hashtags, and posts.

Chulainn NaAchill continues to be the more prominent figure under the Comsedlon's consideration, especially after his statement. In it he discussed his work in the cities of Termon, An Clare, and his own home of Achill. He cited two examples of communities that, as he said, "benefitted from the elders and the community having clear guidelines and structure." Mr. NaAchill included a statement about agnostics and atheists, saying that he could bring them back into the Owinn Pagan faith.

Among some groups Chulainn NaAchill has become a controversial figure. After the statement, opponents believe that his approach is too hardline and unnecessary, and they would like to hear more about his other policies. Mr. NaAchill did speak about foreign affairs and other internal matters through his statement in concise terms. It is believed that the Comsedlon will be ready to vote soon, although exactly when is yet to be determined.
I don't use NS stats; I use factbooks

Pro: whiskey
Anti: running out of whiskey

Gudao
Lobbyist

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gudao » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:19 am

22nd January, 2017
RiChu Newsstand
Gudao

Foreign Office Summons Atnaian Ambassador After Naval Clash

Foreign Office Summons Atnaian Ambassador After Naval Clash
RiChu News - 22nd January 2017

The Sifa demanded a show of force against Atnaia yesterday after an Atnaia vessel made a ‘provocative assault’ towards a Gudaoan naval vessel in international waters.

Gudao summoned the Atnaian ambassador for a dressing down after reports began to emerge that Atnaian vessels had maneuvered towards a Gudaoan vessel and exchanged small arms fire.

The incident was denounced in Gudao as the ships ... Read more ...
Last edited by Gudao on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Top Stories

• Major Atnaian brewery to close doors
    after 200 years?
  • Nuclear design plans announced,
    construction begins
  • Merrit Relief Efforts "effectively complete"
    announces NHS spokesperson
  • New prison on docket in Black Hill
  • Lady Lostwith's Lesbian Love loosens lips
  • Battle of Santa Ana: Gallery
  • NHS to draft new protocols on
    abortion suggestions regarding chronic
    health concerns
  • How your smartphone will transform
    your retail experience
  • Atnaian tourists missing on Mesder
  • Access to legal drugs never easier,
    use never lower

Sports Scores

League 1 Football Friendlies

PCFC 1–1 BHFC
SAI 1–3 CFC
ALFC 1–2 NSA
PGU 4–0 HMU
NDP 4–0 North Country Standard NCS

Mens' Boxing

Arryn Jamar 10–8 Thomas Lillian
Avar Avarson 9–4 Constantine King
Gauwalt Mason 4–8 Hasid Havan

Atnaia Recalls Ambassador to Gudao, Amps Up Fleet Action
480p | 720p | 1080p | Settings

Ambassador Marc Norbragh

PORT GRAY, ATNA PREFECTURE, ATNAIA - With continued dissolution of relations between Atnaia and Gudao likely leading to violent conflict, Hegemon Thomas Wessich has commanded the withdrawal of Atnaian embassy staff from the state.

"Clearly, the time for verbal diplomacy has passed, and we must secure the safety of our people," the Hegemon announced to the press earlier today. "Gudao's provocations have grown too overt for us to see any other path at the moment."

Following breakdown of trade discussions in the wake of administrative changes in Atnaia, Gudao has increased their fleet presence near Atnaian waters, which resulted in a brief skirmish earlier this week. In response to the naval mix-up, Gudaoan officials publicly reprimanded and threatened Atnaian diplomatic staff and refused to withdraw their ships.

"It is becoming increasingly clear that the Gudaoan administration has no intent of approaching a peaceful negotiation, and will not make the slightest compromise to ensure peace," said General Albright of the Quorum. "Their dangerous provocations will not be met with inaction. We will be swift in destabilizing regional relations, whatever the cost."

Ambassador Marc Norbragh, who has served in Gudao for the past year, was swift to announce that this withdrawal "was not an action detailing an unwillingness to communicate with Gudaoan authorities" and that Atnaia would be "happy to approach diplomatic relations again, once Gudao has proven that it is safe to do so". Continued calls for compromise have been ignored, state trade authorities in Atnaia.

"The corporate system of Gudao is one of absolute corruption, detailing a failure in transition from former Atnaian colonial control," said one spokesperson from the ATC. "One has to wonder if the only path to normalization of relations is to rewind the clock to systems that folded before the 1980s. Gudaoan corporate bureaucracy is one that sees economic propositions as win or lose, and not as relationships balancing the needs of multiple parties. Until that mindset can be shifted, nothing can be advanced."

In response to this, the Atnaian Royal Navy has increased fleet activity in the Mesder, particularly in areas where Gudao threatens Atnaian trade concerns. Partial shift in presence for the Third Fleet from the immediate presence of Athara Magarat has been confirmed, which may lead to further problems when dealing with the southern nation following provocative statements made by prominent members of their community.

"If Athara Magarat is to have any believable sovereignty as an independent state, they cannot rely on the generosity of Atnaian defense as a shield," said Albright. "We will maintain our naval defense of the Magarati homeland, but we must make use of all of our resources, including the Third Fleet, if Gudaoan threats are to be met in kind."

Last edited by Atnaia on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Chartreuse Gisella
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Chartreuse Gisella » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:45 pm

The Cardathian Something
Monday January 23rd, 2017
6:38pm
Daniel Hobbs, Head Journalist
Port Wayne, Gargulis, Cardathia

Grand Duchess Chartreuse Gisella is bedridden due to an attempted assassination. Last evening, at 5:57pm, her screams were heard by four of her guards. They rushed to the scene where two men were attacking her.

Her health state is currently unknown. Duke Georgio Hortia will be her puppet for the time being. She was shot in her abdomen and her arm is severely cut. Multiple blows to the face has resulted in a concussion.

We will announce more when we know.

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:25 am

Features

• Medieval Paula
    Paula Frenn announced as new character
    in "The Lord of the Isle".
  • Graham Jodehn Book
    Graham Jodehn releases new novel
    called "Winds of Change".
  • Arván
    Noronica 'making progress' in Arván
    according to Ministry of Defence.
Worrying Developments in Argean

Wed 13:00 | Politics

Secretary of Defence Joshua McIntosh

The Noronnican Ministry of Defence has placed 1000 troops on 'high alert' as tensions between Gudao and Atnaia mount, stating that, "The Argean has not escaped the threat of war".

Two days ago, Atnaian News Network announced the Atnaian Hegemon's decision to withdraw the embassy in Gudao due to the recent skirmish near Atnaian waters. The Hegemon stated that, "Clearly, the time for verbal diplomacy has passed, and we must secure the safety of our people" (courtesy of ANN).

There has been an increased presence of the Royal Atnaian Navy in the Mesder which has worried many in the Argean who have watched the tensions mounting between the two nations. Harsh words have been exchanged between Gudao and Atnaia, the word 'war' not being excluded from them. This has led to the Atnaian Ambassador, Marc Norbragh, having to leave Gudao due to the apparent 'instability' in Gudao.

In Noronica, a worry has been sparked about the 'imminent' conflict between Gudao and Atnaia. Many experts have said that it maybe 'days' until an armed conflict arises, some discussing the possibility of Atnaia folding Gudao into its control like Taziristan. This seems all the more likely as Gudao used to be in the Atnaian Empire.

In a press conference with the Secretary of Defence, Joshua McIntosh, the subject was brought up alongside the conflict in Arván;

The Ministry of Defence and the Round Table have been closely monitoring the situation, and it now seems very likely that an armed conflict between Gudao and Atnaia shall occur.

This worrying development has certainly been on the minds of many in Noronica, and as such, we are making sure to follow events carefully and diligently. The Ministry of Defence has also authorised the use of 1000 troops which have been put on high alert and stationed in Base Aen Glaeph.

We hope that this situation can be resolved swiftly, as the Western Isles has been rife with war. We hope that the Atnaian government makes the right decision and attempts to seek any way of diplomacy. We are also reluctant to agree with the statements against Gudao as we have bought arms from the nation. Noronica does not conduct deals with unstable nations.

To reiterate, we would like to ensure that this situation is handled peacefully and without unnecessary bloodshed.

Related Stories

• Atnaia: study of a past empire
  • Gudao planes bought by NAF
Last edited by Noronica on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ostehaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:42 am

January 25th, 2017
First News Network
Porohare, Ostehaar

PM DORIAS DELIVERS FINAL CAMPAIGN SPEECH: THE MASTER ON DISPLAY

Prime Minister Rikard Vulf Dorias appeared before a friendly crowd back home in Lindastir, to deliver his final campaign speech for the 2017 parliamentary election campaign. Ten days from today, on February 5th, Osters will go to the polls and determine the nation's future for the next five years.

Dorias took the stage to his favorite campaign theme song, "You Are Here" by Sjeherin, as the crowd roared with approval. When it comes to political speeches, Dorias is The Master. He is one of the few finest Oster political orators of our time, and this time he brought his A-game. He was relaxed, uplifting, intelligent, and inspiring, and was thoroughly enjoying himself. He gave the speech in Oster - the customary finale to election campaigns.

"Friends, I thank you all for giving me the opportunity to serve you these five years," Prime Minister Dorias said humbly at the beginning of the speech, setting-up the premise for his following announcement. "I look forward to serving you five more!"

"These have been years of progress and development," Dorias continued when the applause faded. "Together, we have maintained a growing industry and improving economy, raising our domestic productivity to new levels. We have lowered our public debt and took funding from where is wasn't needed to where it can be used for the benefit of us all."

"Our leading industries have been able to promote development and expand across the region - setting up factories and sharing technologies, creating jobs for both Oster citizens and others, and lifting regional development standards higher and higher." His tempo and intensity growing by the moment, Dorias had already succeeded in mesmerizing most of his listeners.

Prime Minister Dorias giving his speech on Wednesday

"These were also years of cooperation," the Prime Minister determined. "We have reconnected with our regional community and have fostered stronger ties with our allies in the north, around the Mesder, and across the Eterna. More than ever, we have surrounded ourselves by allies and supporters, leaving the significant regional threats and areas of instability far from us. We have worked with Vancouvia to restore peace in the International District, with Noronica to end the corrupt regime in Arvan, and with the League to rid the region of Taziristan's violence. With the help of our closest allies, our talented engineers and scientists have been able produce new technologies and improve our lives, national security, and economy."

"Our friends in the opposition say my government has been too weak on defense," Dorias said with a smile, nodding and letting his audience boo. "They gave truely impressive speeches about it in the Darna, didn't they? Even now, they present my promise to decrease defense spending as 'dangerous' and 'unfitting' given regional conflicts such as the Second Imperial War and San Javier."

"My friends, they ignore the fact that the Defense Forces of Ostehaar are now stronger than they have ever been, even after five years of decreased spending! We have achieved that by increasing efficiency and investing in development of new and better technologies. We have achieved that by establishing better and close relations with allied forces. We have improved our tactics, equipment, and training, yet they only want to waste billions on outdated plans, and purchase many millions of dollars worth of equipment from foreign manufacturers. They want to do all of that, instead of funding better education for your children, better treatment for your family, better technologies for your use, and better services for you!"

"There's much more we can achieve, my friends. Even today, as we stand at the frontier, with our regionally recognized investment on science and technology, our foothold in many industrial fields such as electronics and energy, and our reputation in regional affairs - there's still much to do. Our economy has not yet fully healed and should be nurtured. Infrastructure in the countryside is still incomplete and should be developed. Regional threats do still exist, albeit not near us, and should be dealt with."

"With your help, my government will deal with these issues. We will increase funding to our universities, industry, and infrastructure. We will pursue regional stability and better ties to our allies, and strengthen our influence on matters that affect us. We will keep operating against the threats of communism and anarchism in our area by all means necessary. As we did these last years, we will march forward along the drokh braha Satrehaar together, making these ten years a glorious age for Ostehaar."

Dorias concluded by thanking his supporters, asserting that they are the ones that will bring about the change for which he has campaigned.

Mikahel Si Ardner, leader of the 'New Ostehaar' opposition party and second leading candidate in this election, will give his final campaign speech tomorrow evening in Porohare. The third candidate, Lehna Gaal of 'The Unity' opposition party, is expected to relinquish her nomination in the next few days, and pledge support for Ardner.
Last edited by Ostehaar on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:01 am

VELAHI CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY

January 27, 2017

Speaking at a reception hosted for the Kobnian diplomatic delegation, Minister of Foreign Affairs Noel Morris confirmed high level meetings between the two countries on the possibility of Kobnia's entrance into the Organization of Communist nations in the Western Isles (OCWI). While details are still scarce, it is widely expected that Velah will be endorsing Kobnia's admittance in the next meeting of the Secretariat. Under the present charter of the regional organization, new members must in addition to formally submitting their intent to join OCWI, must also get a two thirds absolute majority vote of OCWI'S full member-states. The most recent state to be admitted was the United Republic of Great Britain."

"We have been communicating closely with our Kobnian counterparts, and it appears that we have arrived at an understanding." Morris said. "I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I think it is not overly unreasonable to assume that OCWI will be growing again, adding a new member pretty soon."

Velahi's top diplomat also said the government is interested in pursuing closer relations with the People's Republic of Kobnia, another communist country in the Western Isles. The minister praised Kobnia's commitment to promoting communist solidarity and said that he looked to working with them for increasing cooperation with other communist and socialist states in the regional community.

New Oranistan
Secretary

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Oranistan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:02 am

ONN
New Oranistan

RIOTS IN AL-MABYAN
Riots in the Southern City of Al-Mabyan were caused by revolutionaries in another attempt to topple the local government, that would give them power over the city. This was part of a tidal wave of riots throughout the country over the last three weeks. With rising political tensions between the government and it's citizens, a revolution could take place in the near future. It is unknown when this possible revolution may happen.
One of the many riots throughout the country (Nuranabad)
Last edited by New Oranistan on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Oranistan: Another Republic

Member of The Western Isles

Kobnia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobnia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:57 am

1-27-17
Kobnia News Agency
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOBNIA

KOBNIA MEETS WITH FELLOW COMMUNIST NATION

CALIGANGRAD - High level meetings were conducted between the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOBNIA and the People's Democratic Republic of VELAH in the Velahi capital to discuss matters relating to the two nations mutual interests and values. Under the wise guidance of GREAT LEADER SURAN KO MIRGA, KOBNIA has begun to establish contacts with the communist world in the Western Isles. This includes talks of potential membership in the recently formed Organization of Communist Nations in the Western Isles (OCWI), an organization tasked with forming closer ties with fellow comrades in the region. The PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOBNIA seeks to peacefully engage with other like-minded nations, including the possibility of exchanging embassies with friendly nations. Exalted Minister of Foreign Affairs Ms. Ragki Souna stated at a meeting that the "Kobnia is seeking closer relations with its comrades from around the region. Too long have we been apart from our Communist and Socialist brethren".

Given the support and warm remarks received from their Velahi counterparts and comrades, it would seem likely that the KOBNIA will be pursuing membership. The exact application process has reported been discussed in the meeting between the diplomats of both nations. It would seem unlikely, however, that there would be any reason to deny the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOBNIA access to such a noble organization given its commitment to the Worker's Movement.

The formation of the OCWI was met with opposition from imperialist capitalist figures of the region noticeably from the insignificant and listless nation of polar svalbard whose petty and ignoble consul has already been quoted as saying "the organization is a threat to our world order and is to be feared". She further went on to denounce the Worker's Movement in with usual capitalist wooden language. The outburst has been dismissed by the Foreign Ministry as not worthy of a response.
Last edited by Kobnia on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
People's Republic of Kobnia
Proud Member of The Western Isles

Areguelista
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Areguelista » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:22 am

January 27, 2017
Areguelista 24
Contera, Areguelista

Areguelista to open enbassy program

The Republic of Areguelista is to open an embassy program in the coming days in order to strengthen ties with other nations in The Western Isles. All nations in The Western Isles are welcome to open an embassy in Areguelista. Should a nation open an embassy in Areguelista, we will establish diplomatic ties with said nation if possible.

Areguelista has currently established diplomatic ties with one nation in TWI, Corindi, and is currently in the process of establishing diplomatic ties with neighboring Velah.
Areguelista
Posts made prior to April 2020 are not considered canon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates