NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles News

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Slevia and Dendara
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Slevia and Dendara » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:04 pm

12.22.16(TWI Calendar) 10.5.8(Imperial Calendar)
The Royal Papers
Slevia and Dendara

THE PRINCE IS BORN
At approximately 9:59 pm today, Royal Consort, Elizabeth Hanover, gave birth to Prince Alan Hanover IV at St John's Memorial Hospital. The prince was born on Unity day, one of the most important days on the Imperial Calendar. It also celebrates the day Slevia and Dendara unified under one flag. Some think this will bring glory and make the Monarchy flourish, others think it's a pure coincidence. But today is truly a glorious day for the Monarchy.
St John's Memorial Hospital When Prince Alan was born

TRADE ROUTE BETWEEN THE UNION AND SHANOWINN TO BE ESTABLISHED
After Lengthy talks between President Seth Rela and the now deceased Ahern, President Rela and Brian Innis, have reached a compromise between exports from the Union, and Imports from Shanowinn. They have decided that the Union will export Steel, Machinery, Oil, and Military Equipment. While Shanowinn will Import Rubber, Automobiles, Tobacco, and Chemical Compounds. This was followed by the establishment of a trade route from Shanowinn to the Union. This route passes through Arván and could potentially mean the pirating of goods from the freighters.
Last edited by Slevia and Dendara on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Slevia and Dendara: No Longer An Oppressive 'Republic'

Proud Member of The Western Isles

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:25 pm

December 23, 2016
Coventry, Covonant

Minister of Defense respond to Arvan aggression, pledge support for Noronica

The Minister of Defense Batiatus Sula is calling on the Arvanian government to desist from showing aggressive force to Noronica and to with immediate effect end its practice of human rights abuse among those being enslavement of persons.

The Union is sending the strongest condemnation towards Arvan on their recent show of aggression towards Noronica and we are imploring the Arvanian government to uphold international norms and standards and end its practice of slavery.

Minister Sula expressed that Covonant will not tolerate any form of slavery being conducted in the Isles and calls on nations to stand against such inhumane archaic act.

Covonant will not tolerate a nation that abuses human rights worst yet practice slavery in this modern age. We are appalled that Arvan will have such an inhumane institution established, and we will make an effort to ensure that slavery is rooted from the society. For this reason we would support a change of government one more democratic and one that champions the right for individuals to have freedom and a society that is equal.

The Minister noted that Covonant will not sit idle by and allow this situation to become a international crisis nor an international event. He pledges military action if Arvan does not adhere to Covonant's ultimatum in five days.

I will give the Arvanians a ultimatum. Desist from their aggressive act towards our allies in Noronica. Stop with immediate effect the enslavement of its people and the cruel treatment of its people. We will definitely monitor to see whether our ultimatum is taken into consideration. Failure to meet our demands will result in our movement of troops from our closest base to Arvan which is in Keomora with few coming from Corindia where we will be sure to show the Arvan government that such acts cannot exist or continue to exist in the modern world. We would also advise other states not to sit idle by and watch these monstrosities unfold. Covonant will learn from the mistakes of the Jahenian crisis where we will not wait until the event turns to a international crisis.

The Minister gave the Noronican government Covonant's full support.

Noronica is a member of the Coalition of Six and we interpret the Arvan invasion of their airspace as an attack on the sovereignty of our close ally. Such attack will not be tolerated. Covonant will act in support of our allies but we will be cautious still but not too cautious. Depending on further developments in the situation will determine our next move

Prime Minister Marl of The Union is yet to give a response to the imminent conflict.

Covonantians around the Isles mourns deadly terrorist attack on the country

Flag half-masted in front the Consul (Parliament of Covonant)

With almost a week since the horrific terrorist attack on the Juevernan Nuclear Power Plant Facility that led to the death of over 200 Covonantian citizens and the injuring of hundreds more, many allies of the Union and Covonantians overseas are coming to terms with the loss and the attack on the nation as they mourn. Throughout the Union flags have been placed at half mast including many government agencies, schools, and private businesses. The national anthem when sung is done prior to there being a minutes moment of silence.

In the Union's closest allies Athara Magarat and Ipland the mood was the same. In Athara Magarat at the Covonantian embassy the flag has remained at half mast and is expected to remain at the position until Monday. Governmental officials in the country have made a visit to the Covonantian Embassy to write their condolences in the Embassy Condolence book. Covonantian Ambassador to Athara Magarat His Excellency Gregory Lewis expressed his thanks to the Athara Magarati government and people for standing with the Covonantians and Covonant in their darkest hour.

Covonantian half-mast flag at the Covonantian Embassy in Athara Magarat

His Excellency Gregory Lewis, Covonantian Ambassador to Athara Magarat

On behalf of the Covonantian people and Government I must express my greatest gratitude to the Athara Magarati people and their government for standing with Covonant in what is seen as our darkest hour. Your support and expression of solidarity with the Union gives us the strength to cope and the vigour to continue on.

In Ipland many Covonantians in the country expressed grave levels of sadness and regret of what occurred.

Covonantian half-mast flag at Covonantian embassy in Ipland

When I saw the power plant on fire my heart melted. The stories were too heartbroken to bear. I have cried many nights and days for my country and my people back home. I have friends in Ipland who are originally from Jueverna and they feel it hard too. I am confident in my country not letting this hold them down. As I watched the Prime Minister address the other night and he spoke about the Covonantian spirit, I know we will get back up again. I may be away from home, but home is in my heart.
-Anastacia, Covonantian citizen living in Ipland

What happened was really sad. I mean Covonant is a country that is selfless and willing to help, so to hear that there are people around the Isles that have bad intentions concerning Covonant it is just shocking and sad. But I know that this event can't break us. We will continue to do good around the Isles. My condolences to all the families of the victims. My heart is weeping
-Joseph, Covonantian citizen living in Ipland

The Covonantian Ambassador to Ipland His Excellency Petronius Annais expressed his sadness but confidence in Covonant to rise.

His Excellency Petronius Annais, Covonantian Ambassador to Ipland

I am deeply sadden and regretful of the attack that happened on Covonant in the zone of my birth Jueverna. This attack will not be enough to break the hopes and spirit and accomplishment of the Covonantian people. I am more than confident that we will rise again.

Around the Western Isles on many of the Covonantian bases located around the Isles, many Covonantian service men and women were expressing sadness while they conducted flag raising ceremonies.

This is our way of remembering those who perished innocently. We have to raise the flag in honour of them. We have to show that no matter what you throw at us, the flag still waves, and we will honour them and continue the work of ensuring that we can contribute to a peaceful Western Isles.
-Pvt James, Member of The Union Navy stationed in Corindia

Flag raising ceremony on naval ship near Covonantian base on Corindia

Covonant is miles away from Callumstan but no matter how far you are from home, its problems still has its effect. Many of my mates here when we heard the news we were upset, sad but more so upset because we felt like it was our duty to save those people and we couldn't. We couldn't allow their death to be as though it was in vain, that is why we raise the flag, to let them know we are still standing. The flag still waves.
Lt. Keith Adams

Flag raising ceremony on military base in Callumstan

Back home in Covonant in Jueverna Ailis, the capital of the zone of Jueverna, citizens are holding a vigil and their own memorial to remember and honour those that had been innocently killed.

Click Here
National Anthem sung at vigil

Memorial Service to be held for Power Plant victims

The Ministry of Defense is expressing that a memorial service will be held tomorrow in Jueverna Ailis, Jueverna at the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Jueverna for the victims of the terrorist attack that occurred in the zone last Saturday. It is expected that top government officials including the Prime Minister will be in attendance. Also regional government representatives will also be present. Be sure to tune in to the CBC ONE for the live broadcast. For citizens living within the Union and Athara Magarat may view the memorial service on local providers, for citizens of other parts of the region may view the service on their cable providers for those who have Covonantian broadcasting rights. The service will also be streamed live on the CBC ONE website, that is http://www.cbc1.cov

Do remember this is the CBC pleasant viewing.

Reporter: Gloria Stiles
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 pm

DECEMBER 23, 2016

Iplandic Broadcasting Corporation

BREAKING NEWS

Regain Ipland Party Headquarters attacked, 4 killed, police say 'Likely linked to the vandals who marked and damaged the same building earlier this week'

The Regain Ipland Party headquarters "burst into flames" earlier today, an incident witnesses describe as a "clear attack".
Many witnesses reported seeing six men enter the building at around 8 PM, after the building closed for the day.
Every witness account states they left in a small car, and seconds after the building exploded into flames.
Four people, who are believed to all be guards working the night at the building, were unfortunately killed in the fire.

THE LOCATION OF THE ATTACK

Anaabel Kreijstfaal, a witness who was at nearby Karells Diner when the incident occurred had this to say regarding the attack.

These guys ran out of their car, and this short one hit the door with a bat and it shattered, and then two of them stepped in. They were out in like five seconds and went in the car and left. Then the building burst into flames.

Nearby traffic cameras as well as video surveillance from the interior both match witness reports at the scene.
The video surveillance captured two men running in and throwing a dark object into an office.
Nearby traffic cameras capture these men breaking in, and leaving.

These cameras tracked them leaving Lenterj northbound, taking the Farjetske Hwy.
Police are currently searching the ICT area, and officers from Ikrit will be dispatched in a few hours, says
the Ikrit Provincial Police

We believe that the perpetrators of the fire are likely linked to the vandals who marked and damaged the same building earlier this week.
The threat was written on this building, and stated that they 'will come back' and this was likely what they meant. We cannot assume that this is the last we will see of them, so nationwide we must increase security at all areas. We will work to find the perpetrators of this attack to bring them to justice.
At the moment we know that the fire is out, and four innocent guards were killed in the attack.
We will bring be reporting back to the public soon.

-Lenterj Police Chief, Krette Nenhresjt

Police are currently looking for a light-coloured sedan, and all information regarding this incident may be reported through your local tip line.
As this story is still breaking, we will have more information about this in the coming days.
[align=center]Ipland

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:08 am

December 24th, 2016

THE ATHARA MAGARATI HERALD

AM sought to make Arván a trade partner, gets insults in return!

NEW LIBANG

The Hang of Athara Magarat greets the citizens upon his return to Athara Magarat.

The President of Arván Raoul Sartin.

The Foreign Ministry of the Democratic Republic of Athara Magarat has condemned the insults hurled by the President of Arván Raoul Sartin at the Hang of Athara Magarat Purna Sura Paija. The Foreign Ministry refused to state what exactly the Arvánan president said to the Hang but a few Foreign Ministry officials present at the Presidential Palace at St. Recont, Arván where the incident took place have spoken to the media on the condition of anonymity as the Hang had strictly said everyone to forget the useless insults. But it seems the officials at the Foreign Ministry have not forgotten it.

"He (Sartin) called the Hang an inferior vermin, which clearly showed his thinking," an official told the Herald. "He further called the Hang a tactless idiot with no brains. He ordered us furiously to leave his country at once. In my whole career as an official in the Foreign Ministry, I have never seen any head of state or government act like that."

"He was shouting about us foreigners ordering his state," another official said. "Even I agree that the demands presented were right at the moment not the best for his government but it would have created a better future for Arván. We had simply requested him that we would consider his nation a major trade partner in the Argean Sea if his government took up democratic reforms and addressed the atrocities committed by the army and other non-state actors on the degrading situation in Arván. But he simply tore the papers and when other Arvánan officials told they could consider he simply cut them out and started hurling insults at the Hang and Athara Magarat and also at Khas-Kiratis."

"By calling the Khas-Kirati tribes as filth, inferior vermin, a race of rapists and slavers, he has hurt the sentiments of not only the Hang and Athara Magaratis but also the Khas-Kirati people living in Covonant, Atnaia, Bhumidol, Segenetova, Locuterris, Keomoran territories, Domanania, Perawin, Bhikkustan and other nations," a third official stated her opinions. "Not only them, it is an insult to all Xrevaro-Lisaikan ethnic groups and Aprosian ethnic groups who originated from New Aapelistan. If the head of the state is acting in such a highly racist manner, no wonder that the atrocities and human rights abuses committed by government forces and drug cartels on the Sunuwar ethnic minority (a Khas-Kirat tribe) have gone out of hand."

Later that night, the Hang and his wife were giving interview in the Himal Channel Talk Show and they said that they were appalled to witness the conditions in Arván firsthand. The Hang dodged questions about the insults and told the host it was better to be forgotten and every nation should now think of Arván's future whereas Athara Magarat and Khas-Kirati people throughout the world must think of the rights of Sunuwar ethnic group. "It is a sad thing that things had to come to this. We just declared Athara Magarat as the Zone of Peace just a few months back and now we are embroiled in another conflict. We could have solved this with a table-talk but my counterpart refused to even see me anymore. As such, Athara Magarat has been left with no other choice than to opt for military intervention to ensure the rights of minorities in Arván. The military, the National Assembly and the House of Representatives agree with me on this matter."

The Hang and his wife giving an interview.

When the host asked what he would like to say at last, the Hang smiled. "Merry Christmas, everyone!"

Exclusive photo: A family take a photo as they go shopping for Christmas.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:09 pm

We interrupt your regular schedule programming to broadcast the Memorial Service for the victims that perished during the terrorist attack on the country last week Saturday. We now join CBC ONE for the live Broadcast

CBC ONE LIVE BROADCAST-MEMORIAL SERVICE, JUEVERNA AILIS, JUEVERNA

Narrator: Pleasant good afternoon for all those joining us on CBC ONE and our affliate networks CBC TWI, CBC 4, CBC News. Also a pleasant good afternoon to those joining us around the Isles. We are broadcasting to you live from the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Jueverna here in the capital of Jueverna, Jueverna Ailis in Covonant. The Image you are seeing on your screen now is the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Jueverna

Aerial View of the Holy Trinity Cathedral

Narrator:We can a few patrons standing outside. We are awaiting the arrival of the Archbishop of the Holy Trinity Cathedral and we have some very important guest including foreign dignitaries, the Prime Minister and the President of the Union of Covonant expected to attend this afternoon's memorial service.

Patrons outside Cathedral awaiting the arrival of the dignitaries

Narrator: The Image you are seeing on your screen at this time is the flag of the Union perched atop the Cathedral set at half mast, symbolising a nation is at mourn.

Narrator: Just a reminder for those just joining us we are live from Jueverna Ailis, Covonant for the Memorial service for the victims of the Nuclear Power Plant attack. This afternoon's service will be officiated by His Reverend, Peter Jaicin the Archbishop of the Holy Trinity Cathedral. The choir of the University of Coventry will be contributing their voice throughout the service. The Coventry Choir performs at all State event whenever the President of the Union will be in attendance.

We can see the Archbishop making his way inside the church which means the other officials are to arrive any moment now. The arrivals are coordinated and set in order of precedence. The Prime Minister will be the second to last arrival with the President being the last to arrival signalling the start of the memorial service.

His Reverend, Peter Jaicin, Archbishop of the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Juverna

Narrator: Lets go inside the Cathedral to have a look at the guest arriving.

Narrator: Just a history of the Cathedral. It was built in the late 1800s by famous Covonantian Architecture of the period Alphonso Grey(1826-1902). The Cathedral was built in the Gothic style and is said to be one of the oldest religious landmark built after independence in Covonant. The church has underwent massive renovation following the fire of 1953 which saw a great part of the church destroyed. The architectural style was however used in the renovation and restoration process.

Narrator:Let's return back outside where the first foreign official is arriving. Here we see, the Foreign Minister of Athara Magarat arriving now. Athara Magarat which was once a mother country of the Union when it was her colony shares good and close relations with Covonant. The Foreign Minister attendance is a testament to that great relation had between both countries as he is the highest government representative to attend after the Athara Magarati Ambassador to Covonant.

Athara Magarat Foreign Minister arriving

Narrator:Following the arrival of the Athara Magarati Foreign Minister, we now have the arrival of the Noronican Ambassador to Covonant Her Excellency Jayne Therese. The Union of Covonant and Noronica in recent days have developed good relations. There are reports that both countries have established a defense agreement, and a little birdie as whispered in my ears that Covonant could be expanding its numbers of bases around the isles as both countries move to have bases established. I hope I am not speaking too quickly on that matter.

Noronican Ambassador arriving

Narrator: We must note that it is a lovely afternoon in the Union. The mood however is one of sadness. The arrivals are still taking precedence. We see the Athara Magarati Ambassador to Covonant His Excellency Kyle Gurung making his arrival now. Ambassador Gurung is also Athara Magarati Ambassador to the Cooperative Union so he has made Covonant his home while away from home. In fact the Ambassador has his residence in Coventry, the capital of Covonant and also in the Cooperative Zone on the territory island of Senoica.

Ambassador Gurung arriving

Narrator: We still have couple more foreign dignitaries to arrive. These foreign arrivals just shows the extent of Covonantian diplomacy and the regional support and ties that we have. Covonant cherishes its diplomatic missions and makes it a priority to establish good relations throughout the Isles.

We now have the arrival of the Vemtian Ambassador to Covonant Her Excellency Kathleen Weaver. Covonant and Vemta has good relations. Vemta has expressed the greatest level of sadness following the attack on the nuclear power plant.

Vemta Ambassador arrival

Narrator: We see the Ipland Ambassador His Excellency Samuel Pierce making his arrival. Ipland and The Union have had good relations for a long time now. Covonant has pledge to support Ipland within the international community. Just a couple months ago the Prime Minister of Ipland Hon. Rob Paul had made a state visit to the Union.

Samuel Pierce Ipland Ambassador to Covonant arrival

Narrator: At this time we can expect the Prime Minister the Most Honourable Imperatus Marl to arrive. We see the uniformed group making their way on the steps of the Cathedral to perform the military acknowledge, this as the PM is also Commander of the Armed Forces. The individuals forming the acknowledge are members of the Union Navy, the Marines, and the Coldstream Guards

Narrator: The bells are rung signalling the arrival of the Pm

Bells at The Holy Trinity Cathedral

Prime Minister Marl arrives

Narrator: We see the Prime Minister accompanied by his wife Mrs. Julia Marl and their two sons Lucius and Martelier ages 8 and 12 respectively. The Prime Minister and his family now makes their way inside the Cathedral where they are greeted by the Archbishop. The Fanfare of the Chief Command will be played signalling the arrival of the PM inside the Cathedral. The Prime Minister and his family moves down the nave of the Cathedral

The Song for the Arrival of the Prime Minister{Fanfare of the Chief Command}

Narrator: Lets go back outside where the arrival of His Excellency, the Honourable Seneca Gaius, President of Covonant is underway. We can here the bells signalling his arrival. The President and his wife Mrs. Cyntia Gaius is greeted by the Archbishop. The Fanfare of the President is played signalling the arrival of the President inside the Cathedral officially announcing the start of the Memorial service.

Song for the Arrival of the President{Presidential Fanfare}

Archbishop: Let us pray.There is a season for everything, a time for
every occupation under heaven. A time for
giving birth, A time for dying, A time for
planting, A time for uprooting what has
been planted. A time for killing, A time
for healing; A time for knocking down,
A time for building. A time for tears, A
time for laughter; A time for mourning,
A time for dancing. A time for throwing
stones away, A time for gathering them up;
A time for embracing, A time to refrain
from embracing. A time for searching,
A time for losing; A time for keeping,
A time for throwing away. A time for
tearing, A time for sewing; A time for
keeping silent, A time for speaking.
A time for loving, A time for hating;
A time for war, A time for peace.
This we assure ourselves as we say the 23rd Psalms
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters. He
restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for
Thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they
comfort me. Thou preparest a table before
me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou
anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth
over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow
me all the days of my life: and I shall dwell
in the house of the Lord forever. AMEN

Narrator: At this time we will have the first hymn for this memorial Service Immortal Invisible God Only Wise

Narrator: The first scripture reading will now be done by the mother of Althea Rose one of the victims that had perished from the nuclear power plant terror attack. The scripture reading is taken from the Book of Second Corinthians Chapter 1 vs 3-5

Mrs. Rose: Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. Here ends the reading of God's holy words.

Congregation: Praise Be Unto God

Narrator: The Choir will now deliver a piece after which the Prime Minister will make his way to deliver the Eulogy.
For God So Loved The World

Prime Minister Marl: Good morning. Scripture tells us, “Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you…write them on the tablet of your heart.”

We remember, and we will never forget, the nearly 300 beautiful lives taken from us so cruelly. We honor the courage of those who put themselves in harm’s way to save people they never knew. We come together in prayer and in gratitude for the strength that has fortified us across these past days. And we renew the love and the faith that binds us together as one Covonantian family.

A week of trials has passed, but for the families who lost a piece of their heart that day, I imagine it can seem like just yesterday. Perhaps it’s the memory of a last kiss given to a spouse, or the last goodbye to a mother or father, a sister or a brother. We wonder how their lives might have unfolded, how their dreams might have taken shape. And I am mindful that no words we offer, or deeds we do, can ever truly erase the pain of their absence.

And yet, you — the survivors and families of that horrific event — your “steadfast love and faithfulness” has been an inspiration to me and to our entire country. Even as you’ve mourned, you’ve summoned the strength to carry on. In the names of those you’ve lost, you’ve started scholarships and volunteered in your communities, and done your best to be a good neighbor and a good friend and a good citizen. And in your grief and grace, you have reminded us that, together, there’s nothing we Covonantians cannot overcome.

The question before us, as always, is: How do we preserve the legacy of those we lost? How do we live up to their example? And how do we keep their spirit alive in our own hearts?

Well, we have seen the answer in a generation of Covonantians — our men and women in uniform, diplomats, intelligence, Defense security and law enforcement professionals — all who have stepped forward to serve and who have risked and given their lives to help keep us safe..

Groups like Faceless, know that they will never be able to defeat a nation as great and as strong as Covonant. So, instead, they’ve tried to terrorize in the hopes that they can stoke enough fear that we turn on each other and that we change who we are or how we live. And that’s why it is so important today that we reaffirm our character as a nation, a people bound by a creed as old as our founding, I will serve thee Covonant with Pride and Courage. This is the Union of Covonant that we must remain true to.

Across our country today, Covonantians are coming together in service and remembrance. We reflect we remember, but in the end, the most enduring memorial to those we lost is ensuring the Covonant that we continue to be — that we stay true to ourselves, that we stay true to what’s best in us, that we do not let others divide us.

It’s the resolve of our brave men and women who put their lives on the line to make sure we are safe, getting each other’s backs, looking out for each other, united, one mission, one team. It’s the ultimate sacrifice of men and women who rest for eternity not far from here, in gentle green hills in perfect formation. Covonantians who gave their lives in faraway places so that we can be here today, strong and free and proud. It’s all of us — every Covonantian who gets up each day, and lives our lives, carries on. Because as Covonantians, we do not give in to fear. We will preserve our freedoms and the way of life that makes us a beacon to the world.

“Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you…write them on the tablet of your heart.” And how we conduct ourselves as individuals and as a nation, we have the opportunity each and every day to live up to the sacrifice of those heroes that we lost. May God bless the memory of the loved ones here and across the country. They remain in our hearts today. May He watch over these faithful families and all who protect us. And may God forever bless the Union of Covonant.

Congregation: Applause

Narrator: At this time we will have the second scripture reading will be done by James Farley, Father of James Farley III who perished in the terrorist attack last week Saturday. The 2nd scripture reading will be from the Book of Isaiah Chapter 57 vs 1-2

James Farley: 1 The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. 2 Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death. Here ends a portion of God's holy word

Congregation: Praise Be Unto God

Narrator: We will now have the final hymn for the memorial service Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer

Archbishop: May Christ support
us all the day long,
till the shadows lengthen,
and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over
and our work is done.
Then in His mercy may
He give us a safe lodging,
and holy rest and
peace at the last.
The Lord bless you
and keep you, and
make his face to shine
upon you, this time
forth and forever more
Amen.

Narrator: We will now have the playing of the National Anthem, officially bringing the Memorial Service to an end. National Anthem-I Vow

Thank you for watching CBC ONE, we have just presented the live broadcast for the Memorial Service for the Nuclear Power Plant terrorist attack victims at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Jueverna Ailis, Jueverna. To view this broadcast again visit our website at www.cbc1.cov (OOC, THIS IS CLICKABLE)

Vemta
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vemta » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:14 pm

NEWS ROOM VEMTA

Message of the High Priestesses on the Celebration of the Feast of the Families

The High Priestesses of Vemta today delivered their annual Feast of the Families Address, each taking turns delivering a part of the whole message. This year's address focused on the invitation by the holy sisters for more reflection in the lives of the followers of the Lord Bram

"Reflection can take many forms. When families and friends come together for this joyous occasion, it's often a time for happy memories and reminiscing. For us Vemtasi, as for all people of faith, reflection, meditation and prayer help us to renew ourselves in our Almighty Creator's love, as we strive daily to become better people. The spirit of the feast of the families shows us that this love is for everyone. There is no one beyond its reach." High Priestess Vivelle Khali said of the message.

High Priestess Mia Ravar meanwhile pay tribute to the men and women serving in uniform. "We also remember those who because of their important duties, cannot be at home for this holy day, such as workers in essential or emergency services, the men and women in our armed forces, serving in domestic installations and those overseas. We are forever grateful to all those who put themselves at risk to keep us safe."

From everyone here in News Room Vemta, we wish you and your loved ones a great feast tonight!
The Holy Republic of Vemta
"Loyal, through and through"

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:26 pm

♔ Secretary of Information, AKA The Honorable Information God of The Western Isles ♔
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘
• My RP name is "The Plutocracy of Vioraux" our government factbooks can be found here: www.Vioraux.vo

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:26 pm

December 25, 2016

Iplandic Broadcasting Corporation

BREAKING NEWS

Lenterj Attackers linked to terror group 'SOAR'

Following the gathering of intelligence by the Iplandic Centre for Criminal Investigation, the Ikrit Provincial Police, the ICT Police Force and the Lenterj Division Police Force, the perpetrators of the attack on the Regain Ipland Party headquarters were found to be linked to the terror organization, SOAR

The group, which was responsible for the devastating attack in Covonant has struck here in Ipland and is known for its 'anti-right' messages, which are used to target the Governments of various nations in the Isles.

Head Investigator for the Lenterj Case, Vlaen Bergsen

The group had carried out the attack in Covonant that killed over 200 people just over a week ago.

Iplanders nationwide have been mourning the attack that took place in Lenterj, which many call a horrific start to the festive season of Christmastime.

Prime Minister Rob Paul spoke on this attack at the Lenterj City Hall this morning:

This devastating attack is not only an attack on a political party, it was an attack on our values as Iplanders.
Our valued freedoms cannot and will not be cut down to appease groups like SOAR. We as a nation are much stronger than groups like SOAR can ever hope to be.

Soon:
The Iplandic Government will conduct a meeting to discuss the attack tomorrow
Last edited by Ipland on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Ipland

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2012

Postby Domanania » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:57 pm

December 25, 2016
Federation Broadcasting Channel
Domanania

Vioraux threatens lives of Doman troops in Romsay

On the morning of the Christian holiday of Christmas, the Vienne military struck at the heart of the new Romasay government. A heavy bombing campaign that only lasted 90 minutes claimed the lives of 800 Civilians in the suburbs, and a hostile blockade has claimed the lives of 20 sailors. This all happening as another Doman tank battalion entered the Romsay capital to help defend until more troops could arrive. Several bombs fell close to the armored column and gave a machine gunner a minor head injury.

Romsay apartment complex destroyed by Vienne bombers

And the Doman fleet had set up a blockade defense prior to the Vienne aggression and have warned that any vessel that strays too close to Romsay waters will be fired upon.

Meanwhile, the vile Vienne have made claims for months suggesting that the Doman Occupied city of Voyeguer is suffering and being destroyed. All accusations are false Vienne propaganda. The city of Voyeguer has never been more prosperous. Thousands of new buildings have been made, and almost all affected people's of the invasion have been given new homes and compensation. Even a monument to the new flourishing city was constructed, in the form of an Obelisk. It is a memorial to the 80,000 lives lost and to the growing prosperity of the region.

Voyeguer Monument near city hall

However, the Vienne wish to destabilized this new beacon of wealth! They wish to dismantle all that has been done to uplift the once slummy, suffering city and return the peoples to a state of near slavery. They communicate this by flying military aircraft near the Neutral airspace. Part of the agreement of Doman occupation, was no Doman troops were to be allowed into the city. Various members of the League of TWI provide a small garrison around the border, but as a police force. However, Vienne aggression have caused a Mountain Class assault ship to be dispatched and provide air cover. Several fighter craft have intercepted and chased off several Vienne planes, but only as self defense.

Various government officials are calling out the Vienne government on unnecessary military action against peaceful regions. The oligarchy of Vioraux seeks to oppress anyone they deem inferior and wish to see them slaughtered in barbaric games or publically for the sake of making a point. How long will we let the Queen do as she pleases?
Proud member of The Western Isles

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:22 pm

December 26, 2016
Coventry Covonant

Covonant to Mobilize Armed Forces to Argean Sea and North Argus

Minister Sula speaking at a press briefing at the Maxmum

The Prime Minister has given the green light for the Covonantian Armed Forces to begin mobilizing towards the Argean Sea and North Argus. This Defense Minister Batiatus Sula disclosed at a press briefing at the Maxmum early this morning.

We had given the Arvanian government 5 days to respond to our ultimatum which basically expressed our wish to see the persecution of the Arvanian people by the hands of their government to cease, the total ending of the practice of slavery, and the change over of government and the rewriting of a Constitution that is democratic and expresses full support for individual liberty and a equal fairer society. Given the response from the Arvanian government to our Athara Magarati ally we interpret it as a brazen move to undermine and disregard our request. As a result of the Arvanian government will to push aside our request, the Prime Minister after consulting members of the Consul, and Generals of the Covonantian Armed Forces, and technocrats within the Ministry of Defense and Defense departments around the country, have granted the Armed Forces as the Commander in Chief the permission to use military force and action to unroot the Arvanian government.

This is the strongest rhetoric that is coming out of a nation that has pledged its support behind Noronica. The Minister explained why Covonant is persisting in a foreign matter.

Covonant and Noronica has good diplomatic relations. Noronica sits at the table of the C6 and the CU both organisations that have deliberately been silent on this matter as we are confident that with the individual support from other nations that the Arvanian government will not be successful in governing the people anymore. A change must come and a change will come. We are also hoping that the League will be a better avenue to assist in bringing about the best possible option. But at this time, Covonant is not going to sit idle by knowing that persons in the region are deprived of liberties that we so often at times take for granted here in Covonant. We must be our brothers' keeper and Noronica is our ally.

The Minister expressed that troop movements are to commence early tomorrow with troops being redeployed from Ailis Naval Base in Corindia, and KeoCon Airbase in Keomora. The Minister expressed that the Covonantian Legionnaires will be transported from military bases in Covonant to Ailis Naval Base in Corindia.

Covonant and Noronica Agree to the Establishing of Joint Military Bases

The Minister of Defense Batiatus Sula has disclosed at the press briefing at the Maxmum that by 2017 Covonant is expected to have a permanent post in the northern part of the Isles, with Noronica having a permanent post in the southern part of the Isles, as both countries government have agreed to the establishing of joint military bases.

Following a meeting with representative of the Noronican government and Defense Departments, we have agreed to both countries establishing military bases in both countries. This would allow Covonant a post in the northern part of the Isles and enabling us to gain and maintain a presence in the Argean Sea and North Sea, while Noronica will have a post and be allowed to maintain a presence in the South Argus and the Surrounding Islands area. Our agreement on this matter expresses our will to cooperate and to contribute to bringing about a peaceful Isles.

Reporter:
Gloria Stiles
Last edited by Covonant on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:22 pm

12/26/2016
The Blue and White
Carmo

Corindi Naval Task Force Deployed Near Arván

The CNS Cangrejo salutes the Island of Flore, with the CNS Ecstasy of Gold, CNS Aldana and CNS Oquendo in the background

After weeks of rising tensions with the state of Arván, the Corindi Navy is dispatching four combat ships and their supply complements to patrol the Arvánan peninsula. This aggressive act comes after negotiations in the League prompted by the death of prominent Corindi citizens in Arván lead to nothing. Even before talks fell through, the Corindi government was pressing the Arvánans to halt the cartels' constant extortion, harassment and even murder of Corindi citizens abroad, to no avail. Many political onlookers are calling this provocative action inevitable; Carmo can only be ignored for so long before it has to resort to a show of force to protect its citizenry. Others are saying it is needlessly aggressive and can only lead to war with the struggling Francophone republic. The press is still waiting for President Abelló to make an official statement regarding the naval force, and whether it will accompanied by any assets from the CLDF.
Bhikkustani members of the 4th International Brigade

Fueling speculation of further Corindi involvement in the peninsula was the recent mobilization of the 4th Internation Brigade. The recently created unit is composed of refugees and immigrants who wish to acquire Corindi citizenship much earlier than they could otherwise, and is led by officers cycled out of San Javier. The light infantry International Brigades have traditionally been deployed to great effect alongside heavier units, so it is expected that either they will fight alongside an as of yet unknown Corindi mechanized unit or an allied equivalent.

Of the People, For the People

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Top Stories

• Looking Ahead to 2017
  • Winterscrest and Christmas is Photos
  • The Royal Christmas: Gallery
  • Boxing Day least busy in years, retailers
    point finger at online shopping
  • Lost sailor found alive after three weeks
    at sea
  • New Port Gray club has floor to ceiling
    aquarium explode, releasing shark on dance
    floor
  • First semester at Prince James II Academy
    shows success of experimental education
  • Lord Frohen found guilty in "sex cult"
    scandal
  • Coffee shortage ended
  • Stone Wall-Bastion acquires thirteen
    upcoming start-ups in rampant expansion bid
  • Duke of Rap and D.A.V. wedding plans
  • Documentarist dies in shocking incident,
    caught on tape
  • How computers might help endangered
    basuu
  • Nuclear plans finalized, bidding to occur
    soon
  • Priceless comic found in Ambress attic
  • Heron designs new autonomous space probe
  • Merritt City reconstruction sees overhauls to
    roads and energy
  • Taziri currency affairs throw interim government
    into panic?
  • Rich Worthington: "It was all instinct. Some men
    are just born soldiers."
  • New algorithm could predict health concerns
    based on credit card purchases, acquired by NHS

Hegemon Wessich Gives Somber Post-Christmas Speech
480p | 720p | 1080p | Settings

Hegemon Thomas Wessich on phone with aides backstage before giving a tense address to the nation

PORT GRAY, ATNA PREFECTURE, ATNAIA - "Enough is enough." This was the central tenet of Hegemon Wessich's post-Christmas address to the nation last night. While leaders of Atnaia have traditionally spoken on matters of peace during the holiday season, Wessich took a different tact in his speech at the Hegemonic Administration Buildings last night.

"It saddens me that I have to darken what is traditionally a time of cheer with a hardened reality," Wessich said to members of the press and the public, "but the fact of the matter is that we are witnessing a time of unprecedented violence in our region, a time of unprecedented conflict. From San Javier to Arvan to Romsay, we should see the truth: while there is much to celebrate this holiday, we have a lot of work to do if we are to see lasting peace and stability become a universally acknowledged fact of life in the Western Isles."

Wessich lauded the continued efforts of Atnaian troops abroad, and the hard work of Atnaia's allies on the world stage to secure lasting peace in the region. "By no means should this undersell the quality of the people who put their lives on the line every day to secure the peace that we all dream of. This holiday season, we should all remember and be proud of the sacrifices made by the heroes in San Javier who work to secure a lasting peace for the poorest and weakest of those nations among us. Like the troops who still protect innocent lives in Taziristan, these men and women willingly put themselves in the line of fire every moment to protect the lives not only of Atnaians and Merritians, but of Javierans and people from every nation in this region. These are men and women who put themselves between the aggressor and the victim every day, like we saw with the heroic actions of Rich Worthington in Ada Ev earlier this year. Furthermore, we must remember and applaud the ceaseless efforts of our friends and allies on the world stage who likewise offer themselves so that all people can live better, fuller lives."

It was at this point that Wessich's tone sombered, however, as he turned attention to current events around the region. "However, not all nations seek stability, peace and unity in their actions, even if they may call for such measures in their words. The unilateral, unbending and uncompromising measures taken by Vioraux in their efforts against the nation of Romsay is an example of a nation acting with disregard for the betterment of the region and her people as a whole, but instead protecting the limited interests of a minority of even the Vienne people. The continued lack of understanding and lack of empathy I see portrayed by the officials of the Vioraux government make me incredibly worried for the safety of the region. As matters escalate month by month in Vioraux, from the revolution to the conflict with Bhikkustan and now to her degenerating policies towards Romsay and Domanania, we as a people and as an international community must ask the question: what are we willing to put up with before enough is enough? Is the short-term wealth worth the long-term pain and misery of a people, a nation and a region? Can we truly say that Vienne represents the best interests of even her own people, let alone the people of the Western Isles? And what are we willing to do to ensure stability? I call now for the Dauphine of Vioraux, whom I have had a very amicable relationship with in the past and give all due respect to her station, especially with her close relations to members of the Atnaian government, to come to the table with Atnaia and offer not only appropriate explanation but appropriate reverence to the situation, lest we have to question our stance regarding this conflict and ask where our foreign policy lies."

He also addressed the rising tensions in Arvan. "Another example of the hard work that lies ahead of us in the coming year is the conflict in Arvan. I have been watching the situation closely, and while at this time I have no plans to immediately interfere, the nation has consistently shown its disdain for the sanctity of other nations, and for the peace of this region. From consistent criminal behaviour to scoffing at diplomatic overtures in the League and elsewhere, this nation has shown itself to be a risk to the well-being of this region, and I will continue to judge the situation accordingly, with the help of the Quorum. In many ways, the situation there reflects elements of the conflict in San Javier, which is now reaching a critical point where Atnaia must take a heavier hand. If we are to establish ourselves as a bastion of prosperity, we cannot allow continued refusal of fact dissuade us from proper action. To that end, I am authorizing expanded efforts in San Javier for the purposes of swift victory not only in the escalating situation of Santa Ana, but nationwide."

"With so much conflict, we cannot allow ourselves to be passive bystanders. If you are in a crowded room and a man suddenly has a heart attack, it is easy to believe that someone else will help, that someone else will save him, but when everybody has the same reaction then nobody steps forward. Somebody has to be the one to step forward and say no, enough is enough. And that is where Atnaia stands now. Enough is enough. Our gift is our ability to view situations with the consistent clarity of logic and rationality, and what we have come to see is that a laissez faire approach to foreign policy has allowed this region to collapse towards anarchy. This will not stand. The new year will be a year where Atnaia serves as the spearhead of peace, unity and prosperity. This is our gift, and we will use it."

- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Matat
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Matat » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:31 pm

12/26/16
MNN
Terrence, Matat

John B. Gariet Approves Construction of Military Base

When campaigning, president John Baxter Gariet promised to defend Matat but respect the amendment that bans an established military. Gariet promised that he'd work with others to defend Matat, and today announced he has done that by working with Polar Svalbard's Eric Frenz on a deal that states Matat will pay for the building of the base, however it belongs to Polar Svalbard.

With this, he also said that he will raise taxes by 5% for the next 3 months to help fund it. The base's location is expected to be on the scarcely populated Liberty Isles in a remote location. It is expected to be done in about 12-13 months, although that depends.

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015

Postby Noronica » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:33 pm

26th December 2016
Noronnican Media Corporation
Nolon, Noronica

NORONICA SENDS INVASION FORCE TO ARVÁN

A Duke Class Frigate, part of the Noronnican Navy.

The United Noronnican Forces were given the green light a few days ago, allowing them to mobilise and prepare to launch an invasion force to Arván. The First Fleet and a vast fleet of aircraft have left Noronica and are now very close to the Arvanan maritime borders.

It would appear that diplomacy has failed in regards to the Arvanan aggression. After many days in the League and attempting to contact the Arvanan government, all attempts at peace have been swiftly curbed by the Arvanans. The Prime Minister Gerald Night spoke about the subject in a press conference yesterday;

This morning the Noronnican Ambassador in St. Recont handed the Arvanan Government a final note stating that, unless we heard from them by 12 o'clock that they were prepared at once to accept their wrongdoing and give in to international demands, a state of war would exist between us.

I have to inform you, the people of Noronica, that no such reply has been received, and that consequently - this country is at war with Arván.

You can only imagine what a bitter blow this is to the Noronnican government, as we had hoped that this dispute could have been handled diplomatically and peacefully. It would appear that Arván does not wish to handle this calmly, therefore we shall respond in force. This region has seen so much of war and terror, so it is hard for the Noronnican government to do such a thing. This is one of the reasons for our decision to annexe as we want to bring peace to a normally beautiful peninsula.

We assure you Noronnicans and Arvanans, Noronica shall bring order and prosperity.

According to surveys, it would appear that the nation agrees with this action, most agreeing with the invasion and eventual annexation of Arván. After hearing reports of human depravity on the peninsula it is not surprising to hear this result. It is reported that the UNF shall be landing in Arván soon.

Many are thankful for such a vast amount of international support for Noronica. It is reported that over eight nations are supporting this invasion and some are set to arrive alongside the Noronnican forces.

Noronnican Coyote Jeep being loaded onto C-130 aircraft

According to the Noronnican government, preparations are being swiftly made to ensure the process of annexation will be as smooth a possible. It is hoped that Noronica will bring peace to the failing state as reports of criminal activities have skyrocketed during the past years.

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:13 pm

December 26, 2016
T3 - The Termon Telegraph
Termon, Shanowinn

Arvánan Pirates Seize Owinn Merchant Cargo

As those Owinn naval and ground forces who are set to intervene in Arván, alongside Noronica and other nations, begin to make their way across the ocean, an incident has occurred off the Arvánan peninsula. Pirates from the rogue nation raided an Owinn cargo vessel earlier today as it sailed past Arván towards trade partner Slevia and Dendara.

"It happened too quickly, and we couldn't really resist without fear for our lives," the Captain has said, "it was rather unexpected" After the incident occurred and was reported through the appropriate channels, Captain Aed Herisson agreed to an interview with the Telegraph via live-streaming. Herisson appeared to sport a bruise on his face, which he was treating, and claimed that luckily no one was killed or seriously injured; a couple of his crew were struck with rifle buttstocks for to intimidate them.

Captain Herisson said that he heard gunfire, and feared that some of his crew may have been shot. Only after the terrifying ordeal concluded, did he learn that his crew was mostly unharmed and did not suffer any casualties or fatalities. The Arvánan pirates stormed the bridge, holding officers at gunpoint. Eventually they left on several small boats loaded with loot.

The pirates reportedly made off with sizable stocks of the tobacco products being carried aboard. When asked about this cargo, the Captain said that cigars, packets of tobacco, and so forth would be easiest for the pirates to carry off. The ship was also transporting rubber, automobiles, and chemical compounds; neither of which are easy--or possible without port facilities--to offload during a raid, especially in any quantity. Captain Herisson said that "they could be sold in apparently-legitimate transactions for a profit, or the cheap ones could even be marketed as expensive cigars to the unknowing." Not only that, it is possible that a larger criminal operation would take most of them and distribute them tax-free in countries where taxes raise legal tobacco prices. Government agencies around the Isles usually focus on illegal arms, human, and drug trafficking more than tobacco and alcohol.
I don't use NS stats; I use factbooks

Pro: whiskey
Anti: running out of whiskey

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:59 pm

December 26, 2016

We finally have a constitution!

The council of transition, lead by Lord Protector Cornelis, have finally approved a final draft of a Confederation Constitution, which will immediately take effect. It is as follows.

Article One: Rights of all humans residing in the Confederation
  • Freedom to practice any spiritual belief or religion, or not to practice any
  • Freedom to hold any political belief
  • Freedom to Peaceful Public Demonstrations that do not obstruct vital infrastructure
  • Right to housing, food, water, and healthcare
  • Freedom to be married to any partner of their choosing, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or any other identity
  • Right to be properly informed of all laws of the land, without bias of barriers such as language or culture
  • Right to fair public trial, and right to appeal any decision to the Highrock courts
  • Right of not being kept in degrading conditions, or being tortured
  • To serve within the foreign legion
Article Two: Additional Rights of those registered with Visas
  • Right to Public Education
  • Right to request to speak to your native Republic's legislative body
  • Right to serve within the Confederate Militia
Article Three: Additional Right of those who are citizens of the Confederation
  • Right to serve within the Highrock Guard
  • Right to vote for any elected office
  • Right to run for any elected office
  • Right to be appointed to any appointed government position
  • Right to serve as a public servant, such as firefighter or police
  • Right to request to speak to the Highrock Legislative body
  • Right to form a Political Society
Article Four: Relationships and roles of the three branches of the Confederate Government
The main executive head and final voice in any matter will be the Lord Protector. He/she will serve as head of both state and government. He/she will serve for life, unless he/she chooses to retire. It is up to the discretion of the Lord Protector whether he/she will serve also as chief diplomat, or appoint someone else. It will be the ultimate responsibility of the Lord Protector to balance the security of state with the needs and welfare of the people. He will also be able to declare war, and make peace.

If the Lord Protector fails in this duty, or turns corrupt, he/she can be removed by a unanimous vote of the Highrock Legislature. If this fails, but a 3/5 majority is reached, a popular referendum can be requested. If 100,000 people sign the request, the referendum will be enacted, requiring a simple majority to win. If this simple majority is reached, it bounces back to the legislature. This time, the required vote to remove the Lord Protector would be 4/5. If this fails, the matter will be dropped.

The Highrock Legislature will be made up of five Citizen-Elects, one from each Republic. They will maintain national finances, and set national law. They must approve unanimously any binding treaties.

The Highrock Courts will exist for those cases appealed. The Courts will also have the power to also request the Lord Protector to be removed. If the three judges all agree to, this step would bypass the Legislature's first vote, and direct it to national referendum. It would continue in the normal process from there. They can also challenge any law not aligning with the constitution. The Lord Protector will appoint one of the judges, while the legislature will appoint two.

Article Five:Non-Branch sections of the government
  • Citizen Speaker:Directly voted by the people, acts as adviser and voice of the people to the Lord Protector. No official powers.
  • Committee of Succession: Determines who the next Lord Protector shall be after the end of the previous Lord Protector's term. Will be made up of one randomly selected Judge, one randomly selected Citizen-Elect, all Republic Presidents, the citizen speaker, and three randomly selected citizens. All random selections will be done via random computer generated systems.

Article Six: The Republic System
Official Map of Republic Boundaries

There will be 5 Republics, as shown on the map. Each will have an elected legislature, bound by the Republic Constituion within approval of the Highrock Confederation, and an elected president that will serve as chief executive. Each Republic will elect one Citizen-Elect to the Highrock Legislature.

They may, within the binds of the constitution, create their own Republic law. They will not have the right to have foreign relations or declare war, this will all be done by direction of the Lord Protector.

Article Seven: Military

The Confederate Militia will be managed by the Republics, all of which will appoint a Militia General to head their division of the militia. They will be charged with the deference of that Republic. A term will be defined as 5 years. In times of emergency, a draft may take place, but a drafted term will only be 2.5 years. Both may renew for a 5 year term again if they wish. The militia will never leave our territory, and will almost never leave their Republic.

The Highrock Guard will be the elite citizen only volunteer force. A term will be twenty years, 5 in ceremonial marching duty, 10 in active duty, and 5 in training new guards. Single incoming guards may not marry except for special circumstances, such as the other partner of the proposed marriage having a terminal illness. However, married citizens will be accepted into the guard, and will recieve a moderatly larger pay for support of the family. All married guards will receive one weekend a month to return home to their family, unless on active duty in a foreign nation.

The foreign legion is open to anyone who wishes to serve. After a 5 year term, they will be granted immediate citizenship. Also, those who blood is spilled in the name of the confederation will automatically be given citizenship. The legion will be solely of active duty. If the legion acts against a foreign nation, the nationals of that nation will automatically be given the choice of whether participate. Any that do not wish to do so will be instead transferred to a special division of Confederate Militia.

Article Eight: Treason

Treason will be defined as unlawful actions against ones own government, or citizens of ones own nation, with intent to destroy or cause extreme damage. Therfore, only citizens may be charged with treason. Any other resident would rather be charged under terrorism charges.

To be charged with treason, there has to be two credible witnesses, video or audio evidence, or a confession. The Highrock Court will hand down punishment for treason, which must be agreed on by all three judges.
Last edited by Jahe Davmwoem on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gudao
Lobbyist

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gudao » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:29 am

27th December, 2016
RiChu Newsstand
Gudao

Taking Atnaian Business Is "God-Given Opportunity"

Taking Atnaian Business Is "God-Given Opportunity"
RiChu News - 27th December 2016

Gudao's new trade chief has urged Atnaia's rivals to take advantage of the "God-given opportunity" of the recent economic and political turmoil to take business away from the Atnaian hegemony.

Cao Rong, the Gudao Commerce Secretary, said Atnaia was facing a "period of confusion" following the recent political events in Atnaia and that it was "inevitable" there would be "relocations".

Rong will be responsible for re-negotiating a trade deal with the Atnaia and his reported comments will raise concerns within the Atnaia administration, who ... Read more ...

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Top Stories

• Power Outages in Black Hill
  • Racism in Atnaia: The Subtle Face of
    Hatred
  • The Best and Worst Companies of 2016
  • Atdent to become mandatory in 2017?
  • Plane skids of runway in Coldwater, 3
    dead - 14m
  • Char switches up style in soulful acoustic
    performance on Late Night Show with Tammy
    Wine
  • Mountain hikers missing near Mount Bracing
  • Former House of Commons MP missing in
    wake of espionage charges
  • Atnaian alligator populations on decline
  • Atnaian high schooler sells rocket design for
    $3.6 Million
  • Bastion Network on table for Ambress and
    Black Hill, says SWB spokesperson
  • Asorist-aligned print shop raided by LISA,
    3600 copies of manifesto burned
  • Merritt to be Atnaia's military hub, says
    High Command General
  • Dead man not so dead in confusing hospital
    mix-up
  • How organ donation can support a family
    after tragedy
  • Beloved children's author commits suicide in
    family home
  • Bringing back the honey bee on forefront of
    GSRP docket in 2017
  • Rich Worthington announces book detailing
    modern philosophy of battle
  • Can AI be programmed to appreciate art?
  • Cigarettes to be banned on public sidewalks
    in New Dublin, says City Council

Gudaoan Ship Held in Port Amidst Growing Trade Squabbles
480p | 720p | 1080p | Settings

A Gudaoan cargo vessel is being held in port following continued trade breakdowns

HASTINGS, ATNA PREFECTURE, ATNAIA - Amidst growing trade disruption between the Hegemony and the nation of Gudao, the Atnaian Trade Commission has confirmed that they are stopping and rerouting all Gudaoan vessels in Atnaian waters. In addition, a Gudaoan trading vessel currently in port in Hastings is being held indefinitely, with crew and cargo seized by the Port Authority until such a time as a deal with Gudao is made.

"It's a matter of propriety," said Steven Winkler of the ATC. "We can't allow Gudaoan vessels to land until a compromise has been reached, and we can't let those vessels in our waters leave until the same can be said. It's a kind of purgatory, and we attempted to limit the effects of the closure by ensuring as few Gudaoan ships were in port at the time of its passage. The unfortunate thing is that delays ensured we couldn't get all the Gudaoan vessels back to sea before we were forced to take action."

Some analysts see the seizure as a blessing in disguise. "There's no denying that this will be a substantial bargaining chip in the days going forward," said Jane Kirkwell of the Atnaian Organization for Economic Planning, Development and Oversight. "This is likely the tipping point required for a deal to go through."

Others are less hopeful. "Given the statements Gudaoan officials made earlier today, I highly doubt that we will see this move do anything but rile up the situation. It was a short-sighted action by the ATC, and I have to wonder where the directive came from," said Professor Cole Banning of the Royal University.

Naval forces are actively redirecting Gudaoan ships, and rumours abound that the Hegemon's office is currently looking at expanding this trade closure to a more active move of sanctions or even embargo.

"I can say unequivocally that at this time we have no immediate plans for more forceful action," says Bartimaeus Yorke of the Quorum, considered by many to be Hegemon Wessich's right-hand man. "The Hegemon, as always, is looking at a broader picture. If things should escalate to the point where force is required, I am certain he has contingencies for that, but we in the Quorum have yet to see any immediate need."

The Quorum has made overtures to the Gudaoan government for concessions that might quell rising tensions. Foremost among these is the extradition of twelve businessmen associated with the Direct Securities Fraud Scandal of 2001, who have been avoiding Atnaian persecution in Gudao for the past fifteen years. Some see the seizure of the Gudaoan ship as a form of hostage-taking in exchange for the extradition of these criminals.

"The fact of the matter is that we have men who defrauded Atnaian small business owners for hundreds of millions living free and unrepentant in Gudao," says Kirkwell. "Any and all strings we have to pull should be when it comes to getting justice for those harmed by their actions."

ANN will continue to report on the situation as it develops.

- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Last edited by Pacific Peace Union on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♔ Secretary of Information, AKA The Honorable Information God of The Western Isles ♔
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘
• My RP name is "The Plutocracy of Vioraux" our government factbooks can be found here: www.Vioraux.vo

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 pm

December 29th, 2016

THE POON HILL

Smartphone-obsessed Athara Magaratis rank top in the Isles in screen time

NEW LIBANG

On the crowded morning metro in New Libang, silence prevails. Everyone is hunched over their smartphone screens, reading the news, checking emails or watching videos. A loud "yeah!" breaks the quiet, along with delighted screech from a toddler whose mother has just handed him her smartphone to calm him down with a video.

Athara Magarat, one of the leading nations in smartphone production and development in the Isles after or alongside Atnaia, Gudao and Noronica, is in a class of its own when it comes to internet usage on smartphones and tablets, thanks to cheap subscription plans. In the first half of 2016, Athara Magaratis used nearly twice as much mobile data on portable devices as Gudonese citizens, who came second in a recent comparison of Isles countries by Euranian telecommunications giant Skynx. Athara Magaratis spend so much time on their phones that authorities are concerned: the city of New Libang's department of health and social services recently launched a campaign telling parents to get their priorities straight.

In a controversial video that angered many parents, a black raven swoops down and carries away a little girl on a beach while her mother focuses on her smartphone, followed by the message: "Negligence is modern day violence." Offended Libangis flooded the city with negative feedback, accusing it of criticizing all phone usage, and especially women by depicting only the child's mother in the video. But the city said it was intended to highlight the fact that some mothers spend too much time on their smartphones instead of playing with their children, and that some fathers are largely absent from their children's lives.

Anita Armaja, a 33-year-old mother on her way home from a pilates class with her six-month-old baby, says she wasn't offended by the campaign. "People got quite provoked by it but in my opinion there was a point," she tells the Poon Hill. She says she uses internet more on her phone than on her laptop but less so now that she has a child. "The baby has efficiently reduced the time I spend online." The country's statistics says that Athara Magaratis parents are following in the footsteps of their teenage children, who have led the way in recent years in consuming more and more internet content on the go.

"Fastest growth in usage comes from watching live images, or videos," a government official requesting anonymity told the Poon Hill. He says mobile data consumption peaks especially in the evenings, when many Athara Magaratis—from teenagers to pensioners—are glued to their phones and tablets to watch films, shows, video clips or just browse around social media, instead of watching television like they used to.

Several factors may explain the love of smartphones. Since the advent of stated-owned and semi-private smartphone brands like Dhuri and Kodo, Athara Magaratis have been keen to adopt new technology. Harsh cold winters and hot summers in the South Mesder Sea state require good infrastructure, and Athara Magarat early on built nationwide mobile networks offering good coverage. And Athara Magaratis are often considered taciturn with an introverted nature, and some admit preferring to keep in touch with friends and family over the Internet instead of a phone call.

For a nation of a little more than 1 million, there are 2 million mobile connection plans in Athara Magarat—nearly two per inhabitant. Himmaya Humagain, 34, is a perfect example. She owns a smartphone and a tablet, both with internet connections. "On my phone I read news and use maps and journey planners for finding optimal routes. On my tablet I listen to music, pay my invoices and look for recipes," she explains. A key factor that allows Athara Magaratis to devour data on the go is that fast connections are affordable. Skynx's comparison found that in Vioraux, where operators charged the most for a gigabyte of mobile data, it cost 14 times more than in Athara Magarat, where it was the cheapest of all Isles countries compared.

"The Athara Magarati market differs significantly from other countries in the sense that we have lots of unlimited data plans," explains Kyle Morangbang, manager at Athara Magarati national operator AM-cell. The Athara Magarati Communications Regulatory Authority's statistics confirm that as well.

More than half of all phone and tablet connections in Athara Magarat come with an unlimited data plan for a fixed monthly price, meaning consumers can browse on their phones as much as they like without having to fear a monster invoice at the end of the month. One happy customer of an unlimited data plan is 13-year-old Natshya Koronova, who shows off a new game she has just downloaded on her smartphone. She sometimes receives hundreds of messages on social media in a single day from her classmates, but she doesn't think that's unusual. She says it's normal. "Nowadays we use our phones even for our assignments at school, like at language classes when we learn new words and then practice them with online games," she says.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Stroomland
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stroomland » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:30 pm

12.29.16s

Northport to see boom in 2017

Northport, the largest town on Stroomland's tiny coastal region, is slated to see a boom in the coming years. Director Lee has promised to increase Stroomlandish independence by building up Stroomlandish naval capabilities. The influx of government cash in development of deepwater harbors, navy ships and shipping yards, as well as civilian shipping and fishing infrastructure is sure to propel this rural, northern, poor town from northern backwater town to major city center in the coming years and decades,

Gudao
Lobbyist

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gudao » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 am

29th December, 2016
RiChu Newsstand
Gudao

New Shipbuilding Strategy To Keep Gudao Navy In Global Elite

New Shipbuilding Strategy To Keep Gudao Navy In Global Elite
RiChu News - 29th December 2016

A senior spokesman for the Gudao Self Defence Navy has said they are confident that the Gudaoan Navy will remain a world leader in defence.

The comments come in the wake of the release of the republic’s National Shipbuilding Strategy – a report which recommends how Shēngang can bolster the navy.

The Ministry’s report has called on the administration to create a new fleet of ‘simpler and cheaper’ frigates – based upon ... Read more ...

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:00 pm

December 29, 2016

Presidents and Citizen-Elects Election Results

The elections were held short term soon after the announcement of the Constitution. This was so they government could get up and running at its full capacity as soon as possible.

The Lord Protector, after a long night of finalizing and finally approving of a constitution.

The Lord Protector Speaks about this.

"With these elections, we have steeped forward down a long winding path. This path is the path of progress. It will take the diligence of you, the citizens, to keep down this path. You must use your rights with responsibility if you wish to keep them. The Confederation will be a strong government lasting for ages, or it will be yet another paragraph in the long book of failed political experiments in that forever unstable nation known as Jahe Davmwoem. This will be determined by you. You hold the pen of the history books now. Will we prosper, or will we fail?"

Election Results!

Republic of Jahedain

President: Antira Varamura

Citizen Elect: Hanson Iazon

Both moderates socially, and devoted libertarians.

Republic of Arnexim

President: Kevin Hoffman

Citizen Elect: Charles Danner

Both favor a balance between a new capitalism and workers rights. Socially moderate right. They both lean towards big government.

Republic of Liensbrook

President: Garry Lieestin

Citizen Elect: Piet Blanke

The only republic to have political opposites elected. Lieestin favors unregulated capitalism, is socially right, and wants small government. Blanke wants big government, is socially far left, and dislikes capitalism.

Republic of Gratis

President: Elco Welink

Citizen Elect: Pier Overvelde

Also libertarians, favor capitalism, and are socially left.

Republic of Highrock

President: Mert van Toly

Citizen Elect: Pien Staarman

Both favor very strongly big government. Socially left, and favor mix of socialism and capitalism.

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:26 pm

December 30, 2016 3:05 PM
T3 - The Termon Telegraph Online News
Termon, Shanowinn

Mayve Declines Ahernric Candidacy

Mayve Bánach

Late this morning Mayve Bánach, the widow of late Ahern Gleann Steffan Bánach who passed away in December due to health complications, addressed those who attended her special brunch with a speech. The topic was about whether or not she would like to pursue a position as Ahern of Shanowinn. If she were to be chosen by the Comsedlon, she would become the first female Ahern since Ahern "Queenie" Cailína in the 1980s. Ms. Bánach addressed the question in her speech, thanking those who have supported her and who have encouraged the Comsedlon to choose her.

She said: "I am so appreciative, you all have been so supportive--thus it breaks my heart that I must announce my intention. I am afraid that I will not pursue the position [of Ahern]." Many have expressed their disappointment, citing the speech she gave at her husband's funeral, which thrust her into a certain national spotlight and began the speculation about her Ahernric motives. However, despite being disappointed, supporters still claim to respect her motives and are interested to see who the Comsedlon will elect. There has been very little Comsedlon activity prior to the New Year but the deliberations are expected to begin in force starting in early January of 2017.

December 30, 2016 6:25 PM
T3 - The Termon Telegraph Online News
Termon, Shanowinn

Owinn Forces In Arván

Photo courtesy of the Royal Owinn Army

The Telegraph has received information from the Royal Owinn Army that the troops who were supposed to aid the intervention in Arván have indeed landed in that country and begun operations. The naval component took several days to prepare and finally arrive off of Arván, and the ground contingent made landfall yesterday.

The Owinn force has joined the host of other nations in the multinational coalition who have begun fighting in Arván. Arván was already known to be rampant with corruption and crime, which spilled over on the international stage earlier in the month of December. A Norsan warship and Noronican air force element both came under attack by Arvánan aircraft, while pirates also recently stole cargo from an Owinn merchant ship traveling to Slevia and Dendara. The latter incident has helped to solidify Owinn support for going to war.

So far it appears that the Owinn contingent has engaged with Arvánans on the western coastal region near the city of Rippen. Owinn forces have not made it as far as Rippen; yet but not much is known currently. There are rumors that elements of the ROA's Mechanized Cavalry Reconnaissance force are the ones currently engaged in Arván. One of the Telegraph's ex-ROA correspondents has posited: "it could be that Mechanized Cavalry Recon forces have been deployed initially, to establish a foothold, and then regular infantry, tanks, and so forth can come in if needed." When asked about the possibility of further deployment, a spokesperson with the Army stated that some further elements have begun mobilization, however they would not confirm nor deny their necessity under the present circumstances. Spokespersons with the Navy and Air Force maintained similar positions.
Last edited by Shanowinn on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't use NS stats; I use factbooks

Pro: whiskey
Anti: running out of whiskey

Stroomland
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stroomland » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:19 pm

The State of Affairs
The Moeras

Provincial Directors absent from New Years Dinner

Five provincial directors were a no show to the annual state end of year address. Typically seen as an opportunity to bring the nation together and settle any issues before the new year begins, this year's Address and after celebrations could be seen as anything but unifying. Director Lee, who has been seeking an increase in centralization and federal jurisdiction over provinces, was without the Provincial Directors of five provinces. The fact that these five provinces combined account for nearly 60% of economic output and generally tend to hold more sway over national affairs was not lost on the Director's political opponents, many of whom have called his short reign "damaging" at best and "putting us on the road to dissolution" at worst.

Director of Province North Harold Khan, recent recipient of federal funds to increase the nation's naval capabilities, made a show of his support for the Federal Director. By contrast, Director of Province Koker Martin Buron gave no reason for his no-show but posted to his twitter feed earlier in the day a picture of he and his older son Charles out for a round of golf.

What political problems this may bring is anyone's guess but we'll have to wait till the new year begins to know for sure.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates