NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles News

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lesva
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lesva » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 pm

Lesvan-Ahnslen band The Crow in collaboration with Charbagnian singer XeX reach Top 20 in Ainslie with the song "Best Day of My Life"

Lesvan-Ahnslen band The Crow (top, from left to right and vice versa) and Charbagnian singer XeX (bottom, center).

Song and music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj0e1DvUFk8

Lesvan-Ahnslens continue moving forward and leaving the mark of the Lesvan diaspora on Ainslie's culture and in the world. After the recent success and rise to fame by a Lesvan-Ahnslen musical project Violet Lightning, who had the big break with the chart-topping single "Heartbeat", which charted in other countries and ended up being performed by VIolet Lightning in an international music festival in Uprea, Lesvan-Ahnslens keep moving forward and continue to impress in the musical world. This time, with a slightly more modest, but no less impressive or note-worthy success, the world of rock is being shuck by Lesvan-Ahnslen artists. Lesvan-Ahnslen rock band The Crow released the song "Best Day of My Life" this week, which has reached Top 20 in Ainslie. The rock song, emulating the style of past eras of rock music with a slight electronic update to it, contains lyrics in English and German languages. Specifically there is one German verse in the song, which is mostly and English-language one and that verse has been performed by the Charbagnian singer XeX, who has been invited by members of The Crow to collaborate with them on the song. Reportedly, XeX did not just perform a verse given to him by The Crow, but the singer, instead, wrote and performed the verse himself, integrating the lyrical content into the overall story that the lyrics are trying to tell. Moving further away from the dark themes of angst that The Crow had explored in their earlier work, the happily-named yet loud and vocally growly "Best Day of My Life" explores the themes of overcoming troubles, trying to improve and sincerely believing in a better tomorrow, while remembering the need to take action to achieve it. The are also lyrics containing attacks against a consumerist lifestyle, including in XeX's. Analysts of the lyrics have been searching to also find political messages in the song, with possible attacks against the Throngist dictatorship in Lesva, where The Crow and their ancestors came from. Some claim to have detected such messages, but the band members have not given any confirmation, opting to suggest that anyone can interpret the lyrics in their own way and there are no definite answers. The song received positive reviews from critics. The Crow declared the song to be a single, which would not officially be part of any upcoming EP or album. However, at the same time the band members suggested that the next EP and album will likely follow this kind of sound. "Best Day of My Life" is set to be included in the band's set during their tours and concerts as their latest single. The Crow said they would be interested to do more songs with XeX in the future and the artist himself also replied with an identical attituded, saying he would love to feature on more songs by The Crow if the band will reach out to him. XeX also expressed his liking for genre-blending, which this single is an example of according to him. An accompanying music video was released 2 days later.

Lofthus
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

News: Lofthus Goes Green

Postby Lofthus » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:31 pm

April 24th 2022

Lofthus Today English Edition

Lofthus is now 100% Reliable on Green Energy says The President, He wants to ban combustion engines next.

President Palubiak announces today that the nation no longer gains electricity from its once many coal and nuclear power plants. Amanda Bakins sat down with the President to talk(translated to English) about Lofthus new green look.

“Well, using 100% renewable and green energy was always something I wanted to accomplish in my term as president, and I am very proud that we have completed that goal. We have shut down every fossil fuel and garbage burning plant in the country and replaced it with either solar panels, wind turbines, geothermal plants, energy producing sidewalks and others. Fossil fuels were a bleak reminder of our past, one that showed death and destruction, but now citizens can walk outside and never worry about breathing in radioactive chemicals or seeing a smoggy sky. Now Lofthus can be at it's peak of beauty” -President Palubiak.

But everyone is talking about a potential ban on Combustion engines, the President had this to say.

“I have seen the protest over the talk of a combustion engine ban, and I get it, it would be a big change for Lofthusians. The thing is, I was raised to respect the earth more than anything else and I still think that way today. If we could eliminate the gas car then we could be one of the most environmentally friendly places on earth, I just think it needs to happen. But listen, The Senate will vote soon whether or not this law should be voted on by the people or by the senate themselves, so it is really up to the citizens of Lofthus to do the right thing. You know some people call me too authoritarian or too green, but you can’t put a price on the health of not only our planet and our country, but to the health and safety of our people. If the bill passes, I want to enact a government buy back program. This way, people can sell their cars back to the government so they can afford a nice, cheaper electric car. I honestly don’t see what isn’t appealing about that” -President Palubiak.

We polled our audience on what they thought of this potential ban.

61.2% I like the idea of this law

38.8% I do not like the idea of this law.

The senate will vote on how they think the country should vote on this law on Tuesday.

Uprea
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uprea » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:52 am

11th Edition of 2022, Late April

Dias appointed new Minister of Environment

23rd of April 2022,
Vasca, Federal Republic of Uprea

After the recent stepdown from office by Ex-Minister of Environment Dr. Lia Zamorano, the ULD have announced who will be replacing the Minister in the position.
Josefina Luisa Dias has now taken on the office and will start her term starting immediately.
The Vote, held during the latest Assembly of the Party, closed in at 64,3% voting for Dias. Dias, who scored almost 86% with the members of the ULD under 35, is extremely popular with the younger members of the party. With her progressive views she hopes to bring Uprea closer to C02-negativity. Even though Uprea is already C02 neutral, Dias is looking towards even more environmental protection and more efficient green energy production.
The 33-year old celebrated her success with her party and gave a press conference right after:
I am extremely honored to take on this new challenge. I am happy for my party believing in me and am looking forward to getting to work right away. Uprea is on the absolute best way to C02-negativity and I believe that we together have only so much pushing left to do to achieve our goal.

Dias was seen later shaking hands with her competitor Pedro Fonseca, who congratulated her and wished her good luck for the starting term.

Portaver to make new Documentary to spread Awareness of Global Warming

20th of April 2022,
Salastian, Federal Republic of Uprea

Portaver is not only known for providing a streaming platform for all sorts of sporting events, films and series, but has already produced several films and series themselves. Now the company has announced they will be producing another movie to highlight the planets most beautiful and precious places in order to spread awareness of Global Warming and the devastating effects it has on some environments.
Works on the different movie sets have already begun and even the narrator has been announced. Former President Diego Nunes, now 82 years-old, who was a key figure in the nations mobilization towards a greener future, has volunteered to narrate with the most beautiful pictures playing along.
The movie is said to be finished until the end of the year, but speculations have it the movie will be postponed even further.

In Other News:
- Newly appointed Minister of Environment Dias congratulates Lofthus on being 100% reliant on Green Energy.
- New Song by "The Crow" reaches Top 20 in Ainslie.
- Millions celebrate Easter in San Jimenez.
Last edited by Uprea on Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
As everything here is fictional. Statements made do NOT represent my IRL views.

Lesva
Diplomat

Postby Lesva » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:24 am

First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca admits that Lesvan-pursued agreement with Aprosia on Nuclear Sharing will not be happening

First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca reports to the Party and the People that an agreement on Nuclear Sharing with Aprosia, that Lesva wanted, is not a possibility today

First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca spoke before Members of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva today at the Supreme National Carto. The Party greeted the Leader with a standing ovation before the Leader began to speak. Because of the content of the Leader's speech, First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca had Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Throngist Republic of Lesva Terr Curso and Minister of the Lesvan Armed Forces Noie Verant present at the Supreme National Carto. President of the Supreme National Carto of the Throngist Republic of Lesva Ari Iotuke made sure to have the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of the Lesvan Armed Forces summoned to the Supreme National Carto by the order First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca.

The Leader openly spoke before the Party of the unfortunate fact that the Throngist Republic of Lesva and the Aprosian People's Democratic Union will not be able to reach a Nuclear Sharing agreement that Lesva wanted and yet, the Leader emphasized it would have no negative effect on the allied and fraternal relations between both countries. First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca encouraged to accept this news as a fact and not perceive it as something negative:

"The reality today is that the Throngist Republic of Lesva and the Aprosian People's Democratic Union will not be reaching a Nuclear Sharing agreement that Lesva proposed. It is not a reality today. As you know, the hypothetical agreement would have been a treaty between the Throngist Republic of Lesva and the Aprosian People's Democratic Union would have created a legal basis and declare a possibility that Aprosia could station its' nuclear weapons on the territory of Lesva. From that point we would have further negotiated on whether Lesva would be allowed to operate these weapons or if only Aprosia would have had access to operating them as their owner, while Lesva would only provide territory, something that would have been in our security interest regardless. What we would have needed to do in case of such an agreement, is review the Basic Statute and see if it comes into conflict in any part regarding the stationing of nuclear weapons by another country on our territory. If there was such a clause, I am confident the Party would have made amendments. It would not have been difficult to do so. We saw this potential Nuclear Sharing agreement as a potential agreement that could create legal basis for further military cooperation and military integration of Lesva and Aprosia, but also could benefit the collective security of the entire Eastern Tripartite. We also saw this as a pre-emptive of "psychological warfare", if you will, in order to deter potential adversaries of Lesva and the rest of ET from ever considering to strike us and thing they could get away with this without dire consequences. Deadly consequences even.

However, such an agreement is not a reality today and as much as some of you, Fellow Party Members and Honorary Compatriots, might see this as a negative thing or a disappointment or a lack of achievement on our part in our diplomacy, I call on you to change your view. Do not see this as a personal failure of Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Throngist Republic of Lesva Terr Curso or Minister of the Lesvan Armed Forces Noie Verant. They are fine Party Members and Honorary Compatriots, who have done a lot for our Homeland. They are good Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Lesvan Armed Forces. Nothing has changed. Our ties remain unaffected. Relations between the Throngist Republic of Lesva and the Aprosian People's Democratic Union remain closer than ever both bilaterally and within the ranks of the ET organization. For the Throngist Republic of Lesva, relations with Federation of Balnik and the Aprosian People's Democratic Union remain a priority and we will fight for each other in the battlefield and on all fronts as if we are fighting for our own home.
"

After First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca finished the Address, Members of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva reacted with a prolonged standing ovation.

Lesva
Diplomat

Postby Lesva » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:58 pm

Night from April 26 to 27

Honorable Giva Tesin appointed new First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva

Outgoing Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development Giva Tesin replaces outgoing First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca

The Throngist Movement Party of Lesva has to reshuffle many of the Highest-ranking Offices in the Throngist Republic of Lesva, including First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva, Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Throngist Republic of Lesva, President of the Supreme National Carto of the Throngist Republic of Lesva and Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development of the Throngist Republic of Lesva. This is the biggest reshuffling in the Party and National Leadership so far in the modern history of Throngist Republic of Lesva.

The Party started with First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva. The Party decided to change the Leader of the Party and by default the Head of State. At the Supreme National Carto, the Party voted to appoint outgoing Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development, a respect Member of the Party, Honorary Compatriot and Holder of many previous Top Offices in the country, the Honorable Giva Tesin. Outgoing First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca addressed the Party from a podium and gave His last address in the position, reflecting on His time at the post. In the Address, the outgoing First Secretary offered His resignation, after which the Party voted to approve it. What followed was the speech by outgoing Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development Giva Tesin, where He also spoke before the Party, reflected on accomplishments and offered resignation from the post of Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development. Afterwards the Honorary Compatriot Pacton Inca and Honorary Compatriot Giva Tesin shook hands to the applause of Party Members.

Following the symbolic exchange, Honorary Compatriot Giva Tesin approached the podium and gave a second address, swearing to accept the Duties of First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva. Following the second address, the Party voted to appoint Honorary Compatriot Giva Tesin as new and second ever First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva. Following the vote, Honorary Compatriot Giva Tesin was declared new First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva and new Head of State.

Honorable Pacton Inca appointed new Chairman of the Council of Ministers

First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Pacton Inca replaces outgoing Chairman of the Council of Ministers Taica Berislavić

The second appointment and transfer of position now concerned first and now former First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva, Honorary Compatriot Pacton Inca. Outgoing Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Throngist Republic of Lesva Taica Berislavić addressed the Party, reflected on accomplishments of His Tenure and offered resignation from the post. The Party then voted to accept it. Honorary Compatriot Taica Berislavić and Honorary Compatriot Pacton Inca symbolically shook hands. Afterwards, Honorary Compatriot Pacton Inca gave an address to the Party, accepting the duties of Chairman of the Council of Ministers. The Party voted in favor and Honorary Compatriot Pacton Inca was now appointed into the position of Chairman of the Council of Ministers.

Honorable Taica Berislavić appointed new President of the Supreme National Carto

Outgoing Chairman of the Council of Ministers Taica Berislavić replaces outgoing President of the Supreme National Carto Ari Iotuke

Both prior processes were overseen by President of the Supreme National Carto of the Throngist Republic of Lesva Ari Iotuke, who has been in this office since the Saela Spring, during the Transitional Period and since the Founding of the Throngist Republic of Lesva. It was now time for Him to transfer the position and to be appointed into a new post. Outgoing President of the Supreme National Carto Ari Iotuke, who has just made His last couple of announcement of the Party vote and verdict, now approached the podium himself and addressed the Party, reflecting on the Saela Spring, the Transitional Period, the Founding of the Throngist Republic of Lesva and His time in the position of President of the Supreme National Carto, after which He offered resignation. The Party then voted and accepted it. Afterwards, Honorary Compatriot Ari Iotuke and Honorary Compatriot Taica Berislavić shooks hands, which was followed by an address by Honorary Compatriot Taica Berislavić, where He had promised to accept the Duties of the second ever President of the Supreme National Carto of the Throngist Republic of Lesva. Following the address, the Party voted and Honorary Compatriot Taica Berislavić was declared the new President of the Supreme National Carto.

Honorable Ari Iotuke appointed new Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development

Outgoing President of the Supreme National Carto Ari Iotuke replaces outgoing Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development and new First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Giva Tesin

The final appointment of the night was to fill the vacancy of the Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development, which was left by the newly-appointed First Secretary of the Throngist Movement Party of Lesva Giva Tesin. Now former President of the Supreme National Carto Ari Iotuke gave an address before the Party accepting the duties of new Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development. Following the address, the Party voted and Honorary Compatriot Ari Iotuke was appointed the new Minister of Technocratic Advancements and Development. The Grand Reshuffling at the Top had now been completed.

TotoMishin
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby TotoMishin » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:14 am

Mishian Observer
29th, April, 2022

Kirsdoff Protocol ratification passes in both houses of Parliament

Lower House
For: 269
Against: 161
Socialist Party of TotoMishin
  • For: 150
  • Against: 52
Federalist Democratic Party
  • For: 52
  • Against: 46
Conservative Union
  • For: 28
  • Against: 32
National Liberal Democratic Party
  • For: 5
  • Against: 23
Green Ecologist Party
  • For:34
  • Against:0
Native People's Independence Party
  • For:0
  • Against:8

Upper House
For: 234
Against: 166
Socialist Party of TotoMishin
  • For:36
  • Against:12
Federalist Democratic Party
  • For:23
  • Against:14
Conservative Union
  • For:16
  • Against:20
National Liberal Democratic Party
  • For:5
  • Against:21
Green Ecologist Party
  • For:38
  • Against:0
Native People's Independence Party
  • For:0
  • Against:16
Independent Coalition
  • For:116
  • Against:83

Voting on whether to ratify the Kirsdoff Protocol commenced this week, throughout the 25th to the 29thof April. Both houses of Parliament voted in favour of ratification, both with wide margins as well. This is the first time since 2017 that the Kirsdoff Protocol has been signed by both houses, moving it closer to being signed into law. The Socialist Party of TotoMishin and the Green Ecologist Party broadly voted in favour, while the National Liberal Democratic Party and the Native People's Independence Party voted against. Major opposition parties such as the Federalist Democratic Party and Conservative Union where split on the proposal. There was a thin majority in either direction for both parties respectively. This has signalled some complaints that the two historically largest parties are unresponsive to the demands of being in opposition. Not knowing whether to support or oppose government legislative initiatives.

The Protocol is now almost certainly going to be signed into law by President Mark Sergojvivic.It is then most likely going to be officially signed in Arnton the Ahnslen capital by the the Vice-President and Minister of Foreign Affairs. This will be one of the first major multi-lateral treaties that TotoMishin will sign during the 21st century, pulling the country more into the sphere of global affairs. A trend started by Mark Sergojvivic's presidency in 2014. This will also notably see TotoMishin join a major international organisation in the form of the Western Isles Climate Response Council, a first as well. The President is expected to sign the Protocol into law officially on Monday the first of May.

This article was made using funds from the government of TotoMishin.

Ainslie
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ainslie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:51 pm

30th of April, 2022
Arnton, WL - Sunny, chance of afternoon thunderstorm. Max: 25C Min: 9C

DOMESTIC: IPNO attracts business, government in massive summit for environmental action

ARNTON (AN) - Over the past week, the International Parks and Nature Organisation with the support of the Government of Wesland and the Federal Government held a summit in the Narara Convention Precinct, sprawling into most of Arnton’s metropolitan area. It largely focused on the intersection between environmental protection and technological innovation. It has been hailed as a major success and marks one of the first major developments in international environmental action since the signing of the Kirsdoff Protocol in 2016 and the establishment of the Climate Response Council soon after. Academics, politicians and businesspeople all gave talks and mingled as they viewed exhibits and presentations on various topics stretching from conservation to emerging decarbonisation technologies and improved forms of renewable energy generation. The event largely went without incident, with the private displays remaining private and the public displays lining the streets of Narara, Menindara and the Arnton CBD - creating a cosmopolitan and inviting atmosphere for keen observers of various environmental issues who were not invited to the various private gatherings that occurred in the inner southwestern suburbs of Arnton. Whilst it revolutionised Narara’s gentle streetscapes for a week, signs of the summit could be seen across the city - such as in the Munslen Sports Park where test drives of electric vehicles were being conducted even down to Menindara and Atande where exhibits were located. In addition to this, the diplomatic suburbs of Laccore and Centenary Heights were abuzz with bureaucrats, officials and government figures from all over the Isles - hopping between the embassies as they negotiated and discussed with one another their learnings from the summit.

Those within the Ahnslen delegation included Maslin Yallara, the federal Environment Minister, alongside various officials from the Departments of Trade, Environment, Sustainable Governance and Science. Science, Innovation and Industry Minister Carine Ennick was also present at the function. The Governor of Arlanah, Aurelia Garver, also attended alongside Brianna Hailes, the Governor for Wesland. The two of them were largely seen alongside one another, talking and discussing a myriad of matters in between the various talks and they were often seen inspecting exhibits and displays together as well. This has raised speculation that the two Governors may be more close in their working relationship than was initially thought or envisaged. It seems to be the beginnings of an unlikely informal alliance.

A surprise appearence was made by AsbesTech, a company which achieved notoriety through its core business of selling asbestos and asbestos related products in many nations - and then reluctantly offering compensation when it was revealed the company was attempting to suppress the harmful effects of the material. AsbesTech attempted to hold multiple talks and even a display in order to rebrand themselves as a hazardous material removal corporation (including large-scale asbestos removal). The new CEO, Errade Jervine, apologised to those attending for the environmental destruction his company had caused and positioned his company’s rebrand as an attempt to make amends for it. Whilst the re-emergence of AsbesTech largely overshadowed the other Ahnslen business delegations at the function, there were indeed many who attended. High ranking officials from Mussen Tech, Fortitude-Prospect, Fortitude Investments amongst a number of private investment funds made their way around the private hearings and exhibits.

The Argean nation of Nordlaneke sent a large contingent of bureaucrats from both the Department of Environment and Water and the Department of Energy and Engineering. In a public address, they presented the idea for ‘green boxes’ - which are 3x3 metre cubes which are partially constructed from captured carbon dioxide. These cubes are then to have moss grow on them in order to produce oxygen. On the top of the cube would be a solar panel. This would act to create oxygen, capture CO2 and help in producing sustainable energy - an attractive triple threat, as far as environmental benefits go.

Yursea sent its Minister of Energy and the Minister of the Environment, Harvey Booth, whilst Hyukai also sent its Minister of the Environment. TotoMishin also sent its Minister for the Environment Michalik Pobergdin. Further, they dispatched their Vice President, the head of a Mishinian renewable energy company alongside the CEO of a solar panel production company. The clear intent of the visit was to promote Mishian environmentally friendly good as well as to gauge sentiment for foreign investment to come into the nation to further boost their renewable energy manufacturing capacity. Vice-President Michal Bogodalin, on the sidelines of the summit, also is said to have floated the idea of renovating and upgrading a hydro-electric dam that is in need of repair. In addition to this, CEO of Toto Atomica, who is in charge of the state-owned nuclear reactors in the nation also attended. Two other Mishian CEOs that were present were the chiefs of GWR, a gas company, and Green Blade, a wind turbine company.

An unsurprisingly large contingent from the Alteran Republics was present at the summit - with many lectures and displays being traced back to the nation’s government and economy. Rowlands hosted a car show spruiking its electric and hydrogen powered cars whilst it also offered a lecture on its Modular Nuclear Reactor technology. Not to be outdone, Felix Automotive announced their new range of Felix-E 2 electric cars - a more comprehensive family of vehicles rather than the usual hatchbacks that Felix would produce. Additionally, Conway and Horizon committed to making electronics from at least 50% of plastics sourced from the ocean by 2025.

Alteran Aerospace released concept electric aircraft technologies as well as hosting a brief presentation on the hydrogen powered aircraft that will eventually be manufactured by the company. In addition to this, they also unveiled plans for an AAe 8-11 S.A.F., which would be an airliner which would run on 100% sustainable fuel - such as from recycled cooking oils and biofuel

Baersk unveiled their much maligned plan for autonomous electric cargo vessels - a concept that they have brought up multiple times for well over a decade. This drew criticism on the sidelines of the summit because this is hardly the first time such an announcement has been made with little follow through by the company. Coffee chain Coffee-Go-Go announced that they would move to 100% recyclable and eco-friendly cutlery which would be easily decomposed without harmful chemicals. Bluebird Appliances also set up a display where they demonstrated their new ‘nV’ range of home appliances which are designed to use ethically and ecologically-friendly materials, as well as upgrades to water and electricity efficiency.

From the government sector, Altera dispatched two Praeters in order to give speeches about Altera’s innovative investment into renewable technologies - with Praeter for Industry and Infrastructure Myong Bedrose focusing on the element of marketising ecological innovation whilst the Praeter for International Trade and Investment focused on how these business products would go global.

From Solaryia, the government contingent included the Minister for Environment and a few bureaucrats who perused through the presentations. Representatives from Visegrad Hydro also were attending, scoping its various competitors. KJDS also had a display spruiking its plans for a clean, green Pan-Raelosi high speed rail network and also held a presentation about how high speed rail can be eco-friendly and how it is a reality today in Solaryia. Arkaj Orvik, from Starbound, alongside the Solaryi Space Defense Force gave presentations about the improvements in aerospace technology that they have been able to make and the potential utility this could have for the natural environment. Orvik also raised eyebrows as he made clear his fervency for space elevators, pointing out a number of suitable locations for construction of these projects in the distant future.

Prominent Solaryi Iren Saskí, Secretary-General of the Climate Response Council also gave a talk about the current goals of the Council and its recent endeavours. Espen Kouri, the representative to the Council from Solaryia, was also seen in the room during that meeting and later at the TWICRC booth handing out brochures and talking to observers.

Uprea dispatched many members from its Ministries of Environment and Energy and Infrastructure, where they publicised Uprea’s carbon neutrality and pitched how this could become a reality for every nation - offering deep insights into the sorts of steps the government took and how these could be translated into differing contexts. This included contributions by Minister of Environment Josefina Luisa Dias and Minister of Energy and Infrastructure Francisco Valdes. Verdento Energy’s CEO Celia Cardosa also gave a presentation promoting a combination of offshore solar farms and offshore wind farms in order to create a centralised renewable energy solution. Velozes Systems promoted their new operating system with little clear reason as to what linkage this had to environmental issues or causes, to the confusion of many attendees. UASA, the Uprean state space agency, announced their aim to decarbonise space industries - such as by developing a new fuel as well as offering more efficient boosters. This was announced by the Agency’s director, Dr Patrizio Valente.

Roendavar sent two of their Ministers - the Ministry of the Environment and the Ministry of Nature. Stales, the largest private company in the nation, held a lecture drawing attention to the environmental harms that the entertainment industry is responsible for. Soarevin Thinavastos, a waste management and energy company, was also present alongside multiple agricultural cooperatives who promoted environmentalist initiatives within the agtech sector. An unwelcome arrival was one of the leaders of the Emerald Group, who was trying to use the summit as a way to meet the Celion - who constantly was trying to avoid him. Representatives from the Department of Energy and Transportation of Scaedia arrived at the summit, where they were faced with much scrutiny and awkward encounters after the nation had reneged their commitment to full renewable energy by 2030. Bolmud Hannej, a senior official of Paedin Automotive, also gave a talk about the company’s intentions to develop cheap, budget electric cars for rural areas in order to ‘connect the dots between public transport and rural life’.

There was also a large contingent from the United Partitions, with the chief of their equivalent to the Department of the Environment attending alongside the CEO of HydroSinton, a major player in hydroelectric power generation in the nation. Zontemnon, a major automotive vehicle company also attended, with the CEO announcing a new line of fuel-efficient, hybrid and full electric cars - in contest with those released by both Scaedic and Alteran companies.

A number of startups from Gaillimh Ciarrai also made the trip to the summit in an attempt to garner capital and investment for their projects to become more of a reality and to be scalable. Members of the government were also present.

From the Four Passages, Ioudaia had a significant presence at the summit. Large delegations from the Trade Ministry, the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Environment Ministry were seen perusing the various exhibits and attending the different lectures. Ioudaian business was also present, focusing on green materials, green vehicles and green energy.

ARC and other partners from the domestic steel industry advocated for more simple steels, which would make it easier for them to be recycled. ARC offered its technical expertise in a series of lectures attended by various business groups and government figures. This lecture was especially and perhaps surprisingly popular - with the event having to be moved to a larger venue to cater for the expected amount of people who wanted to turn up. That larger room still was full. Outside of the room, displays offered the opportunity for people to touch and see the products that were being talked about during the lecture. The various steel companies that were present also took the opportunity to market their green steel. Outside of the immediate summit, near the government buildings and around the Ioudaian embassy in Arnton, Ioudaian concrete manufacturers and government officials from the environment ministry and the ministry of science and technology invited dignitaries from other nations who were already present at the summit to discuss challenges, opportunities and possibilities in private behind closed doors.

Palmassia Modern Homes, with the support of the Ioudaian Environmental Ministry, exhibited portions of their low-impact and net-zero buildings and construction processes - particularly innovations in factory-built housing. Fouldrey Aluminium also had a display spruiking their recyclable aluminium. In what had become a trend in the summit, Gatpatugozhad-Thaunakie Motors marketed their electric motorcycles and motorbikes as well as electric cars - offering test drives on the tarmac of the Arnton Narara Airport on Thursday night and at the Munslen Sports Precinct in Arnton’s inner north for the remainder of the summit. Swiftwing, an aeroplane manufacturer, also revealed their prototype hybrid aircrafts and their first generation electric light aircrafts - which were on display at Arnton Narara Airport. Parsozhad Hydro and United Electric Products also were present and promoted their pumped hydropower technology and reversible turbines for grid-scale electricity storage whilst AMK marketed its batteries and was out to woo potential business partners for ambitious new projects. Koria Precision Instruments also attended, promoting their new generation of turn-key systems and Diatom Fuels gave a talk about the prospect algae could have in creating bio-diesel with a view to attract investment and gain more partners to develop and marketise the technology.

A variety of diplomats from the south were also seen - especially those from Aeteros, Wellsia and Jeriga. The Ministers of Foreign Affairs and the Environment from Aeteros were both present in Arnton whilst Wellsia sent a special envoy on a fact-finding mission. A number of leftist stalwarts from Jerigan politics also attended alongside Justina Rosenda, the chief of the major government energy agency in the nation, NEMA.

A broad delegation was at the summit from The Kayevies. From the government, the Minister for the Environment, Climate and Natural Resources, Dr. Paula Kiri was in attendance as was her junior minister Harold Thywood. Loretta Thompson, the chief of the Blue Dot Foundation, gave a speech in an afternoon of talks about ‘national climate transitions’, which also included talks from government officials from Uprea and Ainslie. Scientists from the nation also presented their latest research and experiments involving the utility of algae in carbon sinks. Some businesspeople from the nation also came to the summit with pitches for technologies, with some of them being described as ‘lunacy’ by delegates who wish to remain anonymous.

Minister of Natural Resources, Cédric Marcel from Hintuwan, offered a talk about mineral deposits that were yet to be exploited in the nation. This raised some eyebrows when considering much of the summit’s activities seemed maligned to such a topic. He also, in an offhanded remark, promoted the development of resorts on islands which were largely underdeveloped - a point which attracted some controversy at the summit.

Two prominent Laedenian figures at the summit were Mme. Virginia Thiffault, who is the leader of the nation’s Green Party whilst Louis Philippe Cadieux, the President of a L-AGRO, a major player in agriculture in the nation also attended. Both gave short remarks as a part of wider debates and talks, witha keynote speech from Mr Cadieux pointing to his company’s achievements in revolutionising food production for a more environmentally conscious consumer.

Ainslie’s eastern neighbour, Thromsa, also made its presence known by sending its Minister for Agriculture and Forestry, Alfred Whitehouse, the Minister for Environment Mathilde Sergeant and the Secretary of State for Sustainability, Suzanne West. April Barrett, the CEO of Energreen, discussed the role of technology in decarbonising the electricity grid in the island of York - a major subdivision in Thromsa more widely. Agrobyo’s Director for Production also drew attention to new innovations in biological agriculture and expressed its enthusiasm for expanding into other markets - an offer which sources close to the Ahnslen Government suggest may be indeed taken up by the Federal Government of Ainslie.

The Narara Summit marks one of the largest projects the International Parks and Nature Organisation has undertaken and is one of the most significant steps in environmental action since the signing of the Kirsdoff Protocol. The event transformed Arnton into a haven of activity, dialogue and discussion - so much so that it caused Tim Arellow, the Director of IPNO, to be surprised at the summit’s success. IPNO also seems enthusiastic to continue the conversations, with the Director revealing that ‘Incubator’ meetings would be held across the Isles to bring business and government together again in smaller, more decentralised ways than what occurred during this summit. It is understood that IPNO is already in preliminary discussions with multiple governments as to the format and style of these ‘Incubators’. The Summit also marks an important boost for IPNO’s reputation following the Sunset Crisis, where their ideological aligning and decorum in managing the topic was heavily criticised.

Last edited by Ainslie on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Unified Electorates of Ainslie
Discord gdayer and weather alarm man from The Western Isles.

"Aprosia and Townside: hey, let's do history and culture, things that affect many aspects of our nations
ainslie: hehe alarm go brrrrr"

- Aprosia, 2021

"Factbooks are never finished, as Ains would say"
- Torom, 2018

Ioudaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:06 pm

Shariyath Daily News
sharinews.co.io

30 April 2022
Arnton, Ainslie

Farouk Gil Sagozhad, Steel Division Director of the Roshan Shir Stratateh Alloy Research Center, delivered a short public lecture today at a major international environmental technology summit, as part of Ioudaia's large government and industry delegation. His lecture was about simplified alloys, especially steel alloys, as the future of sustainable metallurgy in Ioudaia.

At the end of his talk, he revealed that several major Ioudaian steel makers have samples of the these new metals available. This indicates they are ready for full-scale production and are seeking international buyers, a major surprise, as the industry has been coy about its sustainability progress.

As Dr. Sagozhad's lecture was brief, we present it here in full:

Simplified Alloys for Sustainable Metalworking

The traditional route to making better metals has been alloying: mixing pure elements to produce a metal stronger, tougher, harder, or more flexible than any of its components. Bronze was the original example, taking copper, flexible and easily worked into shape, and adding tin, so soft we can bend it with our fingers, to produce a remarkable metal that's stronger than either, and holds a cutting edge well.

Steel is another. Iron is brittle; coal crumbles. But combine them in the right proportions, and we get strong, tough metal that's good for everything from kitchen knives to skyscrapers.

Modern alloys do much the same, but now we add many elements. Many steels contain five or more elements. These produce incredible physical properties, even above plain steel's excellent abilities. But this does come with trade-offs. Complex alloys are difficult to recycle, because it's difficult to determine exactly which mix of elements produced a specific piece of metal. And some of the metals we use in modern, high-performance alloys were rare to start with, or are becoming scarce as we use more and more of them.

Fortunately, there is another way, which the Alloy Research Center and major steelmakers have started to bring into practice. And that is changing the properties of the grains that make up metals. Metals are made of microscopic grains just as walls are made of bricks. What we have discovered is that making our wall out of smaller bricks – making our metal shape out of smaller grains – and carefully controlling their size, shape, and how they're made, can make alloys with properties like we've made with modern, complex alloys, but without the rare elements.

Or sometimes, much less of them. A traditional alloy mixes the elements that make it up through the whole thing. But what if we can concentrate the rare elements only where they're needed? For example, making alloys with just rare elements concentrated between the grains, like the way mortar holds together bricks. That's another thing we've found: we can, and it produces alloys with excellent properties, sometimes better than the traditional alloys they're replacing.

With these new alloying methods, we can now make alloys with the best of all worlds: they have the properties we want, they recycle easily, and they make little use of materials we're running out of. We think this is the future of alloys, and we hope to introduce more and more of them as time goes on.

I'll take questions, and let me add that anybody who wants to see some of these new alloys can find samples and demonstrations at the Ioudaian steelmakers' booths in the main display area.

The Ioudaian steel industry will also have presentations at their booths about "green" (no coal) steel-making. Environmentalists have been seeking this advance from the industry for the last four years, and these presentations suggest that Ioudaia's steel mills are now up to the challenge.

Other Ioudaian companies displaying their wares at the summit include Fouldrey Aluminum, Palmassia Modern Homes, Swiftwing, AMK, and Diatom Fuels.

G-T Motors is expected to unveil its long-awaited electric "town car" at the summit. Despite many motor vehicle industry rumors, nobody is quite sure what to expect. G-T has no experience as an automaker, and even informed sources claim not to know of any partnership arrangements they've signed. The Daily News looks forward to finding out, and we will have live streaming coverage of the unveiling.

Yursea
Secretary

Founded: Mar 29, 2022

Postby Yursea » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:06 am

The National Informer
Controversy results in Ronald Murray resigning from Leadership!

Leader of the Movement for a Better Yursea, Ronald Murray, informed supporters during a rally that he is giving up his position.

Faced with a possible investigation into his private affairs by the National Convention. Ronald Murray has reached a deal with the Investigative Committee and agreed to resign both his leadership position and his seat of "Prokmont by Adler". A new election will be organized by the Electoral Committee to be held next month, polling as of now is not available to predict who could win the seat. Eleanor Henderson, representing the East Blackwater district, has been chosen to act as Interim Leader of the Movement until the next Movement Congress is held in two years. Eleanor represents the moderate faction and will now work to fix the broken image of the Movement in preparation for the next election. Conservative Deputy's of the National Convention have gone on to say that the deal was illegal and that a proper investigation should have been held to determine the truth. The spokesperson for the Prime Minister has dismissed these claims, saying that "All actions taken by the Investigative Committee followed the Procedure of the National Convention as laid out by the Constitution of 1989."

The Prime Minister has sought to move past this embarrassment with new legislation focusing on green energy. His office announced that a bill sponsored by the Green Party would be moving past the Finances Committee and would now be debated upon by the National Convention before voting. As far as we know the bill will provide tax incentives for businesses and individuals to switch to using green energy instead of non-renewable energies. Adam Lawrence, Leader of the Green Party has said that he's hopeful Yursea can follow other nations achieving the goal of 100% green energy reliance, like Lofthus.

Other News:
  • Parliament of TotoMishin votes to ratify Kirsdoff Protocol.
  • Government reshuffling takes place in Lesva, click here to find out more.
  • Lofthus becomes 100% reliant on green energy, Yursean Green Party praises the country's actions.
The Most Serene Principality of Yursea
I do not use NS stats.
Proud member of The Western Isles!
Some IC policies do not match my personal views.

Lofthus
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lofthus » Sun May 01, 2022 3:18 pm

May 1st 2022
THE LARGEST FESTIVAL IN LOFTHUS IS HERE

It's the first of May, marking the first day of the 3 day festival, Varens fest.

Varens fest is a celebration of cold weather leaving and the welcome of warm weather.

Airports, Train Stations, and hotels around Flomo are booked up as a result of the massive influx of people attending the fest. Reports say the festival has up to 110,000 people attending everyday.

Varens Fest is hosted in the forest outside of Flomo covering over 8 square kilometers by DiamondEventsInc. This is DiamondEventsInc's 6th time hosting Varens Vest.

"it's just a time where everyone can come, drink, smoke, and let go of life's problems and just have a little fun, it is so cool to see some of my favorite artists here, WHOOOOOO!!!" -Ziva Sharp, an attendant at the event.

In 2021, a problem occurred at Varens fest, when multiple weapons were smuggled in and caused panic throughout the event. But higher levels of safety are promised. "We are absolutely committed to keeping everyone at Varens fest safe and happy, we are increasing our security presence throughout the festival" - DiamondEventsInc CEO Thomas Malk.

Many of Lofthus's favorite Musical Artists are hosting concerts at the festival.
Such as: Millie, Tracy Maple, Kit Macintosh, Siverfish Jhon and way more!

If you want to get your tickets to Varens fest, act fast! Hotels, are booking up and the festival is reaching capacity.

Laeden
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Laeden » Tue May 03, 2022 1:44 am

Arcadia, 03/05/2022

CRIME University professor is arrested for conducting unethical experimenting
The researcher persuaded three of his students to work as assistants in his project of meddling with the human DNA to seek the "genetic enhancement" of human beings

Professor Pierre-Louis Lièvremont, 46, was arrested in Illyria on the night of this Monday, 02/05/2022, after an anonymous tip reached the authorities, informing them that the professor would be operating a clandestine genetic manipulation laboratory in a rental property near the Illyria Institute of Technology, where he teaches molecular genetics and evolution. In a joint operation by the Illyria Municipal Police Department (DPM-I) and the Gendarmerie, the property was inspected, and various instruments for research and manipulation of genetic material were seized, as well as files and documents detailing the experiments undertaken. The professor was arrested at the scene, along with three youths, all ITI students, who worked in the laboratory as research assistants.

Heard by the L’Héraut reporting team, some police inspectors who participated in the operation stated that the research undertaken by Prof. Lièvremont belonged to the area of ​​genetic improvement and manipulation of embryo DNA for aesthetic purposes. Without going into details, the inspectors stressed that the research did not follow the ethical standards of the profession, and that there are indications that experiments were carried out on human patients, including for payment. The professor's defense declined to comment further, saying only that he will fight to demonstrate the researcher's innocence in the competent courts. The direction of the ITI said that it will not manifest itself, but that it will follow the course of the judicial process and that it will proceed with the dismissal of the professor from the staff of the institution.

Jurists consulted by the reporters of L'Héraut agreed that Laeden still does not have a robust legislation in the area of ​​scientific experimentation and manipulation of genetic material, and that most of the norms that deal with this subject are related to the use of techniques of genetic improvement of plants and animals for the agricultural industry. This leads to a gray area of ​​legality, which can be exploited by Professor Lièvremont's defense during the process.

ECONOMY Paragon Enterprises surprises the market with its predatory acquisitions
Laeden's largest company in the development of visual special effects and computer animations seems determined to monopolize the sector while still branching out to other areas by the aggressive purchase of other smaller companies

Once a small company created to help the film studios of La Lune, the giant Laedenian company in the telecommunications and entertainment area, Paragon Enterprises was able to take advantage of its resources and opportunities to grow and become the pioneer in the Laedenian market in the areas of visual effects and computer animations. Over the past eight years, the company has systematically increased its share capital and its number of employees, going from a small team of 23 professionals with a modest capital of $2.4 million to a respectable number of 147 employees and an impressive capital of $43.7 million. Currently, with its robustness and considerable resources at its disposal, Paragon has started an ambitious strategy of acquiring other smaller companies in order to monopolize the visual effects and animation market, in addition to expanding into other areas. also.

The company does not hide that it wants to become an entertainment giant. In an exclusive interview with L’Héraut, the head of the Project Division at Paragon, Marlène Pichard, explained: “Paragon has invested a lot in improving its corporate structure and its staff. We have employees from other countries, and we offer a variety of paid internship and apprenticeship programs for Laedenian programmers and editors to train the new generation of visual technology professionals in this country. We believe that this commitment to the constant improvement of our services, which necessarily involves the improvement of our human capital and the implementation of more efficient working methods, will allow us to raise the level of audiovisual productions in Laeden and, who knows, participate in a competitive way. of the global entertainment market”.

When asked about the diversification of the company's areas of activity, Marlène can barely hide her excitement. “When we acquired Pinnacle Sound Records, we were able to enter the sound effects area and invested heavily in hiring qualified personnel and cutting-edge technology to adapt Pinnacle to our projects, without preventing it from continuing to operate in the music market. This is our vision. On the other hand, our recent acquisition of some promising startups, such as Ravenhead, and the partnership we are making with study groups and project managers in university environments, in the areas of IT and programming, are the initial steps so that, in the future, Paragon can build its Electronic Games Division. This is a medium to long-term project, either because it depends on a robust infrastructure and a well-trained human capital, or because the company is very reluctant to rush and end up offering the public products of inferior quality to foreign games. In any case, I can say with a good degree of certainty that in the coming years Paragon will continue to vigorously seek its entry into this promising area of ​​video games, and wants to offer its consumers the quality products compatible with the brand that the company has been building since its creation”.

Consulted by the reporting team, the Ministry of the Treasury confirmed that Paragon is a beneficiary of a business incentive program managed by the Laedenian National Investment Fund, although it did not disclose the value of the benefit. Judging by the company's exponential growth and success, it's safe to say that Laeden's entertainment industry is witnessing the birth of a new giant in the field that may well compete with its own creator, La Lune, in the future. not too far away.

Other News

Entertainment: Compas, the 144-minute drama recently released by film studio La Lune, is a box office success. Praised for its flawless scene transitions and ingenious use of visuals, in addition to the lush color palette, the film is touted as a major breakthrough in Laedenian cinematography. The story of Compas follows a young boy, Alexandre, and explores his particular view of the world as he grows up and enters his youth. The film explores Alexandre's difficulty in connecting with the world around him, and how he deals with the sensation of living his life as a third party, an alien observer who visualizes the succession of events from a distance. that prevents you from really interacting with people and things around you. At the beginning of his adult life, and having already gotten used to the fate of living life as a mere spectator, Alexandre meets Helène, the woman with whom he effectively manages to relate, and begins an intense and passionate relationship with her, which, unfortunately, , leads to the death of both as a result of drug and other substance abuse.

Crime: A daring bank robbery terrified the residents of Emnet, a small town 120 km from Illyria, at dawn on 03/05. A group of heavily armed criminals entered the city at night in a convoy of 8 vehicles, surrendering the police and the few passers-by who were on the street and using them as a human shield. They proceeded to break into the local bank branch and, using explosives, destroyed the equipment to collect the banknotes. The convoy quickly fled when it noticed the approach of police reinforcements, after an intense exchange of fire that gave the city of 35,000 inhabitants a real night of terror. In an official statement, the Gendarmerie declared that the gang in question is highly prepared and capable, and that as soon as it became aware of the crime, a unit of gendarmes was urgently moved to the scene in order to proceed with the capture of the criminals, which was not possible. The case is being investigated and the recordings made by the city's security cameras have already been requested in order to allow the identification of the bandits.

Wellness and Health: The Lynèsse half marathon is confirmed and will take place on Sunday, 05/08/2022. With a confirmed audience of more than 5,000 marathon runners, the famous running and endurance event will take runners on a challenging and physically demanding route. Preparation for the race is very demanding, and despite being a half marathon, the route, being predominantly uphill, is considered one of the most difficult in the country, which is why only experienced runners venture into this event. The Municipality of Lynèsse has already announced that it will be working together with the organization of the event and that it will provide a medical team and ambulances in order to guarantee health and medical care for the marathon runners who participate in the race.

Trivia: A woman from Galatie County has given birth to hexatwins. Mrs. Nadia Gide and her husband, Olivier Gide, were taken to Lynèsse General Hospital to deliver the children, the highest number of births in a single pregnancy since 1933, when Marie Desjoux had nine children at once. The children of the Gide couple were born healthy and the birth went smoothly, for the general happiness of the family. After the procedure ended, Ms. Nadia Gide was personally congratulated by the Director of the Hospital, Dr. Maurice Lannes, and received a gift from the city hall of Galatie: the street where her house will be called “Rue Gides” in honor of her large family. Of the children, four are girls and two are boys. The father, Olivier Gide, proud of his children, told L'Héraut's report that the family already has an 8-year-old daughter, as well as 1 dog and 4 cats. “There's love for everyone in our house,” said Olivier, not hiding his emotion.

San Jimenez
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Tue May 03, 2022 6:45 am

ImageImageImage

San Jimenez, February, 2022

|SEVERE WEATHER EXPECTED IN COMING WEEK||SAN JIMENEZ|

Scattered thunderstorms moved through San Jimenez late last night as some small portions of the country were left without power. As of May 3, 2022, all power to Jimenean cities has been restored and there are no reported outages at this time .

Over the next few days, a light cold front is expected to enter our area and temperatures will not see an increase until the end of the week. Most of the week is expected to be cloudy, aside from Thursday. The Republic Weather Service in Gran Teran continues to track isolated thunderstorms over the northern region of the country and has placed the north under a tornado watch. The last time any northern province was placed under a tornado watch was nearly 12 years ago when tornadoes ravaged the area, killing 12 people. The Republic Weather Service does not expect damages similar to 2010, however, they still advise many to remain cautious over the developing storms.

In the south, the capital, Gran Teran, is expected to receive hail the size of golf balls. There are no provinces in the south that are under a tornado watch at this time.

The Gran Teran Gazette will continue to report any developing storms in the future.

......... ☨ The Republic of San Jimenez ☨ .........
...| Overview | Archive | Telegram |...
Proud to be a nation of The Western Isles.

Jeriga
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeriga » Wed May 04, 2022 4:54 pm

The Socialist's Informer
Montien, Jeriga
04-05-22

Two Priests Feared Dead After Attempting to Christianize Unaste

Two priests are feared dead after they traveled to the island of Unaste in an attempt to Christianize the native population there. They landed on the island three days ago on the eastern end, which is the side of a high cliff. According to the Church, they scaled the cliff and descended into the wooded portion below. The last time the island was contacted was 1955 when Alexander Bartisme attempted a similar path. He was found dead at the bottom of the cliff two days later. Authorities are currently investigating the disappearance of the two priests, whose names have not been released, and are hoping to find them alive and well. The prospects for this are slim, given the cannibalistic tendencies displayed by the dwindling Unastians.

The island, which is illegal to travel to, is occupied by the Unastian Tribe, so named for the island. Their language is completely unknown. Flight paths have been regularly routed around the island since the death of Alexander in 1955 so as to prevent too much cultural contamination.

Questions have been mounting as to whether the Church, which holds a tight leash on its priests, had sanctioned the trips. The King's office has been completely silent on the matter, though this is not unusual. In an official statement, the Church said that it does not sanction such trips and has "obeyed every law regarding the native Unastians since their inception."

On the other hand, some in the majority UWJ party have questioned the isolation of the Unastians altogether.

"It is absurd that we allow this population to suffer the natural disasters and dangers of such a primitive lifestyle," one MP said today. "We should be lifting these laws and relocate the natives to Jeriga in order to stop incidents like these."

"This is not the majority opinion of the United Workers of Jeriga," he added.
Last edited by Jeriga on Wed May 04, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd be a real socialist if I thought it could actually work.

Nhoor
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nhoor » Sat May 14, 2022 6:58 am

The latest from Nhoor can be found here: http://dulminis.nl/nhoor/nhoracle045p1.png

In it:
  • Parties agree to hold elections 'to renew trust in parliament'
  • Summit could see expansion as 2 nations aim to join ROS
  • Queen Calavī Victoria pregnant with her first child
  • Queen Kadra opens new building Royal Meteorological Institute
Jora li Nhórili monarcíya mey Gehermhach pw Bajwrey. Cleca òt henna déqhahen Lesta wnho Yasytwnwn.
The Dominion of Nhoor is a monarchy in the Western Isles. Click here to view the Factbook.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sat May 14, 2022 12:54 pm

Overview: The Charbagnian War

Friday, 13 May 2022

By: Morris Lee
ESMERELDA - Hell opened up over the skies of this city almost five years ago when what was confirmed to be unmarked federal military and police forces of Charbagnia bombarded the city with Sarin gas - a deadly nerve agent - and conducted mass arrests of PSDP members organizing anti-government protests. This sudden escalation of violence in an already tense and war-torn country proved the breaking point for many. On 11 January 2019, citizens in the town of Rogany stormed the police headquarters and armed themselves.

From there, the situation fell apart for the government as similarly armed riots sprung up across the French-majority west and northwest of Charbagnia, and the declaration of independence by the Liberté pour les Gens movement of a distinct French Republic. After that, the Charbagnian military split down the middle and one of the deadliest civil wars in Southern Sea history broke out.

It would take another four months before Vancouvia, Athara Magrat, and the United Republics formed a coalition to intervene under League Resolution 11 and executed Operation Swift Resolution. Led by a Doraltic Marine-Army force and reinforced by the Vancouvian Special Forces and APF Special Weapons and Tactics personnel. By this time, over 15,000 Charbagnians had died, mostly civilians caught in the crossfire, with close to 200,000 having fled as refugees to neighboring countries.

The United Republics' first large-scale combined arms operation since the Second Imperial War went better than most pessimistic expectations as French fighters stood aside while the coalition moved towards the line of contact between Charbagnian federal forces and the largest insurgent groups.

What followed were the brutal sieges of Esmerelda and Helmwerder which saw the bulk of casualties and death among the coalition's military during Swift Resolution. The forces of the federal government, judging the coalition operation as the third invasion of Charbagnia, sought to fight them off with whatever means they found necessary, including the mass deployment of weapons left over from the Second Imperial War and its accompanying chemical weapons stockpile. By the end of June that year, a highly controversial Vancouvian strike mortally wounded President Kurt Weinreb and killed several hundreds of civilians.

Though Swift Resolution ended that July, when the Charbagnian Federation formally announced a ceasefire along the various lines of contact, the war it started continues to rage as the United Republics undertook Operation Green to police the DMZ between the nascent Federal Union of the Charbagnian Republic and what remained of the Charbagnian Federation, costing Dormill and Stiura upwards of $1.5 trillion by the end of 2022, and up to $5 trillion by the end of the decade if it remains in this role.

All the while banditry and crime across Charbagnia have skyrocketed alongside the collapse of its economy and civil society, leaving neither government in a position to institute reforms that would truly help the Charbagnian people, leaving an apathetic Western Isles, already caught in several other crises, to ignore the often plighted Charbagnians. Even the Dyson Government, which has dedicated billions towards reconstruction efforts, has signaled the intention to bring an end to Operation Green and withdraw its military to a token advisory force.

As the situation in Gael between Doraltia, Roendavar, Balnik, and Lesva grows tenser, some officials in the Dyson Government believe that Dormill and Stiura is ready to completely abandon Charbagnia to come to the defense of Roendavar or its own position in Gael, leaving the Charbagnian people at the whim of criminals both big and small.

Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Renet
Attaché

Founded: Feb 22, 2022

Postby Renet » Sat May 14, 2022 6:09 pm

Scandal in Renet

Camden News Corporation reporter Kevin Morris has recently confirmed allegations that Minister of Commerce James Bryan, who was President Nanney's predecessor as Prime Minister, accepted bribes from the Logan Shipping Company he once served as Chairman and President, in exchange for using his position to promote policy favorable to them. The current Minister of Justice Nadia Fields has announced his indictment on corruption charges.

President Nanney has announced he has demanded and recieved Minister Bryan's resignation as required by law.
"Minister Bryan has betrayed the trust the public and I put into him. Jonathan Lewis will serve as the Interim Commerce Minister until the election later this year. I have full confidence that Minister Fields will do whatever she can to find out how far the corruption goes." Chief Justice Paul Warren has issued no public statement on the matter.

Prime Minister David Logan also issued a statement, saying that "Bryan betrayed the trust of the nation and the President in accepting these bribes. He should have known that corruption is not tolerated in this country. I hope Minister Fields is able to throw him into prison." The latter is certainly possible in theory, but as Opposition Leader Alexandria Fowler noted "Both Thomas Reid and Charles Peterson avoided jail time. Both ought to have been charged and hung for war crimes for authorising production of poison gas and bombing Concord into rubble to fight the Concordian Insurgents. Nadia Fields needs to make an example of James Bryan."

Assembly Speaker Lana Edwards of the United Republicans and Opposition Leader Alexandria Fowler of the National Progressives issued a joint statement stating "President Nanney did the right thing in dismissing Bryan from the Cabinet. We also have confidence in Minister Fields's ablity to root out any corruption in the government." Speaker Edwards also said to the press "I agree with the President's decision to postpone nominating a new Commerce Minister until the election. We just need to make sure he is re-elected."

Nanney's prompt action in dismissing Bryan will likely save his re-election prospects from being seriously harmed. Representative Michael Harris, the front-runner for the National Progressive Coalition nomination for President simply said "Seth Nanney was wrong for Renet before, and wrong now. He should have known that Bryan was not to be trusted, considering he had worked and known the man years before he was elected President." However, as other news outlets have noted, the economic recovery that occured under President Nanney's watch has made him a favorite for re-election. The race is his to lose, as Kevin Morris stated in this morning's report. Hopefully, this is as far as the corruption goes.
Last edited by Renet on Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jeriga
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeriga » Sat May 14, 2022 6:17 pm

The Socialist's Informer
Montien, Jeriga
05-14-22

Bodies of Priests Found on Unsate Shore, Message in Spanish Attached

Early today, the mostly preserved bodies of the two priests who illegally traveled to Unaste to evangelize the population were found posed on the beach by the Navy. Attached to their bodies was a note which read, in Spanish, "All who trespass will die."

The note itself prompted Cardinal Chus Gerardo of the Church of Jeriga to issue a statement.

"The spread of Spanish shows that, somehow, our language has reached their island. The spread and use of our language in the written form suggests that the Unastians understand who we are, that what they are doing is murder of another human, and have stated their intention to do so again. This, all under Jerigan jurisdiction, cannot be allowed."

The Church continued to state that they would hold a special mass in the coming days to honor the priests who were killed.

In government, the note has also caused the formation of a committee by the UWJ and associated parties to discuss the future of Unaste.

"There is simply no grounds left to substantiate the old laws that has allowed this violent tribe to exist," one MP of the UWJ said. "In the name of preventing cultural contamination for the sake of anthropology, we have forced air and sea travel away from the island in the most inconvenient ways. Now, we see our efforts were in vain."

The committee is due to submit a report with suggested action regarding the murders and possible legislative changes within the week.
Last edited by Jeriga on Sat May 14, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd be a real socialist if I thought it could actually work.

Scaedia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Scaedia » Sat May 14, 2022 8:02 pm

Online Edition

Shooting in Tafde Likely Racially Motivated, Suspect Tied To Paramilitary Organization

TAFDE --- An incident where a man fired a gun into the air outside of Tafde City Hall is now believed to have been racially motivated. Andel Bonnonavet, 35, was apprehended on Thursday, May 5th after he allegedly fired a 9mm pistol into the air five times on the Wednesday the Fourth. Bonnonavet was previously arrested in 2013 after he helped carry out the theft of several stolen cars which were later scrapped and sold by the Dredic separatist movement, Dredia Front. Police now have reason to believe that Bonnonavet's actions were motivated by the Dredia Front movement as a manifesto was found hidden in his home in the city of Dan alongside a copy of the Bible and the gun that is believed to have been used at the scene of the crime. The gun's serial number had been scratched off and is believed to have been illegally acquired by Dredia Front.

Bonnonavet himself is Dredic, which is the largest ethnic minority group in Scaedia. Dreds have historically faced persecution and disenfranchisement at the hands of Scaeds and the Scaedic government. This has led many Dreds to call for reparations and even for independence for the southern regions of Scaedia where Dreds are most common. Some Dreds who support Dredic independence have gone so far as to form paramilitary groups such as Dredia Front. These groups have used violent methods to attempt to gain attention for their cause in the past, such as the kidnapping of the mayor of Tafde's son in 2004 or the murder of several former members of the Scaedic Nationalist Party.

Bonnonavet's manifesto has not been published by the police yet, however they released a statement outlining some of the points made in the manifesto. Among them included Bonnonavet's discontent with police in the city of Tafde's treatment of Dreds and the lack of Dredic politicians in public office in the south of Scaedia. Police have also stated that Bonnonavet acted independently and that they are unsure what he hoped to accomplish by firing randomly into the air.

The far-right nationalist youth group, Mud va Scaedia (Sons of Scaedia), released a statement regarding the shooting. Krysztan Delmej, founder of Sons of Scaedia, stated their group will not allow violent acts to be committed in the name of "enemies of the true Scaedic state." The group has announced their intentions of expanding their community policing efforts and neighborhood watch programs in the city of Tafde. City police have discouraged citizens of Tafde from engaging with the Sons of Scaedia and assured them that the police force is sufficient to oversee law enforcement in the city.

Scaeds Celebrate Early Start to Summer as Temperatures Rise

BEJORN --- High temperatures have brought many Scaeds out to the beach this week as May heat records are broken. Temperatures as high as 31°C have been recorded this past week, despite the month’s typical temperate conditions for Scaedia. This conveniently coincided with the standard Spring Holiday for Scaedic primary schools, causing an influx in family tourism in southern coastal towns. Beaches have been flooded with countless school children, excited by the prospect of an early start to the summer. Even some of the nation’s hardworking politicians have been spotted enjoying these hot days as President Ashi Banglar was spotted with his wife, Karolina Harsson, returning from her homeland of Solaryia clad in tight-fitting bathing suits.

Not all Scaeds have been enjoying this sudden bout of nice weather. Many meteorologists express fear that continued high temperatures such as have been seen this week could eventually lead to drought. This is especially concerning for the farmers of Scaedia who both need water for their crops as well as for their cattle. The cattle industry is the largest segment of agriculture in Scaedia, and as it is calving season for many farms, newborn and new mother cate may struggle to survive without enough water.

In other news...
  • Transportation Department Plans to Revamp Allin-Bejorn Motorway
  • Daet to Vote on Legality of NFTs, other Cryptocurrencies
  • ScaedSofwerk, Developer of Chundamen Game that Stole Glimpusmen Assets, Declares Bankruptcy

Uprea
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uprea » Sun May 15, 2022 7:32 am

10th Edition, Mid May

Ainslie's ICAMAT and UNCRU hold joint training drill on Cartantera

12th of May 2022,
Alvedras, Uprean Overseas Territory of Cartantera

The ahnslen ICAMAT and the uprean UNCRU have collaborated on numerous occasions in the past and have fought side by side during numerous natural disasters. Now the two institutions have announced they will hold a training drill to be better prepared for the next natural crisis. Over the course of next week and the week after that, the two Units will train, coordinate and explore new tactics on the uprean overseas territory Cartantera, located in the Sawneek Atoll.

The plan includes a week and a half of collaboration on a organizational and operational level, as well as three days of active drill training. The drill is planned to start on Monday May the 16th and last until Friday the 27th, with the weekend extending from the 20th until the 23rd being used for the active drill training.
With the UNCRU Training Facility located in Cartantera, the Units will be able to use all its installations to better themselves. Specifically fire drills will take up most of the two squads time. looking back in recent uprean history, it only makes sense, with the Acedio Volcano Crisis in October 2021, to have the UNCRU train for situations like these. For this purpose only the already existing fire-training ground on Cartantera has been remodeled and extended over the course of the past few months.
Drills held include dry-based firefighting, responding to fire tornadoes, creating fire brakes, urban-based fire combat, gaining better on-ground weather understanding, as well as protecting precious ecosystems and highly endangered animal and plant species.

The teams will also have the opportunity to use the weather station located on Cartantera to better predict how the weather affects the damage the fire is able to do, as well as use satellite imaging to evaluate fire damages in the past and how to avoid them.
20 members of the ICAMAT and about 200 other experts like fire brigades and AWO will travel to Cartantera alongside Squad II of the UNCRU.
Minister of the Interior Lucas Flores on the joint collaboration project with Ainslie:
We are always happy to internationally collaborate, if its for the purpose of natural crisis aversion. The UNCRU has been working together with the ICAMAt for a long time and on numerous occasions were successfully deployed to aid in the same crisis. Looking back at events like the floodings in the Kayevies, the heavy rainfalls in Ainslie and Lesva or the volcano eruption in Uprea, we can see how our joint efforts can be even more effective.

Charlie Endarin, Director of the powerful peak emergency management body Emergency Responders Ainslie also offered comment as he held a short press conference with the leaders of the teams going to the drills in Cartentera.
International collaboration is key in responding to emerging issues, whether that be natural disasters or a number of man-made environmental hazards. UNCRU and ICAMAT, with the support of similarly minded governments, have forged a close partnership built off of not only discussion but also joint operations. We look forward to participating in these drills as a way of exchanging important information and making it easier to work together in some of the most challenging situations people will find themselves in.

The organizational part, which is the bigger part of the two, will aim to better the coordination between the two institutions and includes presentations, assessments and research evaluation from scientists, chief coordinators and other crisis consultants. The task list here includes multiple unit managing, cross-border coordination, dealing with climate variability and moving away from language barriers.

In other News:
- Shooting in Scaedia, likely racially motivated.
- League Voting on Resolution No. 24.
- Two dead Priests found in Jeriga

Lofthus
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lofthus » Sun May 15, 2022 8:13 pm

May 15th, 2022

By Mary Topple

GOVERMENT RELEASES IDEA OF PERSONAL 24-HOUR POLICE DRONES

Many are in shock and anger as President Palubiak, as well as Representative Trejo and Everett release a plan for development of Project Shield, a fleet of AI controlled police drones assigned to every single person in Lofthus.
Palubiak explained in a press conference today on the basics of how to project would run and what its intent is.

"Project Shield is a safety system, that if enacted in Lofthus, would give every single person in Lofthus an AI drone, no bigger than a dragon fly, that will follow them around. And before I even get any further I will make one thing clear right now. These drones, are some of the most technologically advanced drones in the world, there is no person at the other end of the camera, everything is run by our Shield AI. In fact, it would be 100% illegal to look at any footage from the drones. This AI is so smart it is able to watch and identify any crimes that may be being committed, and report it to the police. But it's not just crime, these drones would be able to detect things such as fire, medical emergences, GPS pinging, everything. I and many other members of the Lofthus government have been working with the great people at LofthusDroneCorp, or LDC, to create these drones. When a drone knows that it is going to run out of battery, it sends a message to LDC hq to send another drone to take it's place. I mean, I am not joking when I say this AI is smart. I already know that people are going to say that it is a breach of privacy, but what you have to remember is it is practically impossible for a human to look at any footage that is not evidence, I mean impossible. What else is awesome is that these drones are some of the most rigid machines I have ever seen, no matter the wind, rain, sun, speed, swinging, or movement that you do , it will not hit you and it will keep up with you. But on a serious note, you gotta remember why this would be a good thing. It would stop crime dead in its tracks. There would be 0% crime rate if people knew that there was a 100% chance of getting got. If the only thing that's watching the tapes is artificial intelligence, what is there to be afraid of? Shield AI is our future, a future that guarantees security." -President Palubiak

The president could enact the production of the 10 million+ drones at any time, as he could make a presidential order. The reason for this is because it classifies as "A Presidential order for the safety of the people" and would need a 85% opposing vote from the Representatives to stop.

Thousands protest outside of Government tower, calling for the firing of Palubiak.
"This is an outrage!" said Ana Walton, a protester "I mean, it's a blatant breach of our privacy! how could anyone think this is a good Idea? Palubiak is an evil man, he needs to be fired! Lofthus is going down a dark path, one that leads to dystopia".

The project is estimated to cost anywhere between 1-2 Trillion dollars and take up the largest majority of government spending for the year in history. The Drones would also not only apply to citizens of Lofthus, but also anyone that visits the country.

Here are prototype designs from LDC:
ImageImage

Stay Tuned for updates on the situation.

Uprea
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Uprea » Mon May 16, 2022 8:48 am

11th Edition of 2022, Mid May

Government condemns Lofthus proposed 24h drones

16th of May 2022,

Ever since the news of Lofthus proposed 24h police drones, has reached Uprea, government officials, especially the Minister of Foreign Affairs, have condemned the initiative by the Lofthus Government. The proposed drone system, with the name "Project Shield", is supposed to prevent crime "before it even happens" and is praised by lofthusian officials as a guarantee for safety and security. The drones will be powered by an AI and will basically be monitoring the move of every lofthusian citizen and everyone who visits Lofthus. According to the President of Lofthus Palubiak it is supposed to be impossible for anyone but the law enforcement to see footage collected. The project would also consume the majority of government yearly budget, a whooping 1-2 trillion dollars.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Gabriel de Rosario on the topic in a press release:
Lofthus in gerneral is a democratic country. As such it should respect the peoples right to democratic rights. Project Shield is an absolute crime against the right to privacy for the general populace. Not only that, it renders the right to a secret vote, can be viewed as a intrusion into your own home and allows strangers to view intimate private moments. Furthermore I would highly doubt that in todays day and age, one can guarantee for the absolute safety for precious data, especially with this high of a value to the wrong person. I condemn the actions of the government of Lofthus and encourage President Palubiak to come to his senses and not allow for this Project Shield to pass into legislation.

NUBL Finals to start End of May

15th of May 2022,

NUBL Fans have been thoroughly entertained with the NUBL Playoffs. The best of the best of uprean basketballers have performed at their highest level and with several series going to seven games, the tensions went above and beyond for many teams.
Former Champion the Benistile Buckets were shockingly eliminated in the first round. When they entered the Playoffs they were considered a title favorite, but the Gecuse Titans proved to be to much to handle for the veteran team.
As the Playoffs conclude the Astulencia Blazers face off against the Lesrell Pirates. With a clear underdog in form of the Blazers, the Pirates are expected to win the championship. This would mean a landmark in the history of the League as this would mean the first title for a female head coach, in the form of Isabela Lobo who has done an excellent job navigating the Pirates through the season.
Fans worldwide and in Uprea are excited to see the NUBL Finals, which will be nationally televised and also be available on PortaSport.

In other News:
- Sceads celebrate early Summer.
- Joint Training Drill on Cartantera between Ainslie and Uprea starts today.
- Bribe Scandal in Renet.
Last edited by Uprea on Mon May 16, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gaillimh Ciarrai
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaillimh Ciarrai » Mon May 16, 2022 12:34 pm

16th of May 2022
GC Independence Newspaper - 20 pebbles
Aisling, Gaillimh Ciarrai

Story of Success for young inventors turned sour

We all remember the young inventors behind Cloverleaf Tech srianta, who won the National Price of Advancement last year with their groundbreaking Cloverphone, but their cheers for a phone to connect Gaillimh Ciarrai everywhere for a low price seems to come with a small bite; apparently the production will be done abroad. A spokesperson from Cloverleaf Tech srianta, CFO Ciara O’Leary explained in lengthy term, that production in the homeland would be too expensive due to enviromental constraints, lack of infrastructure and lack of specialized workforce. She further explains, that the best offer as of now comes from Omega Electronics, an electronical company from The Kingdom of ioudaia and planned production will be in 3rd Quarter with first Shipments in August. Still, there are yet no plans on shipping the goods to other countries as the Company will try to satisfy the local market first.

Still, huge protests around the HQ of Cloverleaf Tech broke out, fear of technology leaving the country, losing taxes to foreign companies and a certain fear of inferiority. When the protests turned into violence the local police had to disperse the demonstrants with tear gas. Three police officers and 213 demonstrants were hurt during the fights. There is no official statement but internal sources declare, that the peace will be kept in the streets of Aisling - no matter the bloodshed.

Minister of Trade and Commerce Cassidy ó Séaghdha stands behind Cloverleaf Tech and their decision, seeing the advantage of wireless connection, especially for goverment officials. Still, it warns Omega Electronics, that this will be a temporary matter as Gaillimh Ciarrai will catch up. On the other hand, the Ministry is able to offer generous tax breaks and other advantages in case they would decide to open facilities in Gaillimh Ciarrai, be it training facilities or factories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officials demand Independence of govermental decisions

With the introduction of Project Shield by the official goverment of The Democratic Republic of Lofthus, a groundbreaking project to provide a life-saving drone to every citizen of said country, many voices of so-called freedom activists from other countries seem to fear a loss of privacy, shown in many newspapers around the Western Isles, demanding amendments or outright removal of said practices. Minister of Justice General Aoife ó Murchadha sees a dangerous precent in those tactics, trying to stir up fear and panic for their own geopolitical agendas. Many people on the street seem to agree on that, seeing many foreign newspapers as goverment-sanctioned propaganda trying to influence other states, clearly violating the degree of neutrality.

Further more, the General, while agreeing, that the drones would not work due to the complex rulework of dlí na hÉireann for the general population, the usage with dangerous criminals and forced labourers might be possible in the future.

Havalland
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Mon May 16, 2022 12:58 pm

The Royal Cryer

Havalland attempts to make emigration easier

With the news of Lofthus continuing to violate the rights of its citizens the Havallish Government is pushing to make emigration to Havalland an easier and cheaper process.
The price of HavRoyal Airline tickets may be lowered to provide a cheaper transportation to the nation.
Havalland seeks to make the visa and nationalization process easier and talk of potential refugee shelters are taking place.
The government hopes to be a beacon of hope to all living under an iron fist.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Belantica » Mon May 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Liberals and Tories Setting Off on the Campaign Trail: Party Conventions to Come this Month, Both Looking to Part Ways
May 16, 2022

With midterms in the House of Commons due in November, major political parties are getting ready to post their manifestos and rally early support. While legally the campaigning process doesn't start until September, where the parties can pull out all stops before the vote, political parties are allowed to host conventions starting in May and ending in June and publish their manifestos during them. As in parliamentary tradition, the current government parties host their conventions first during May, while the major opposition parties are given June, and minor parties go last in July. With the Liberals and Conservatives holding victory from the 2020 elections, they have planned out their conventions separately, as finally what is being called the "cursed marriage" by commentators ends, as both the Liberals and Tories want to move on from a rather stagnate coalition.

During next week, the Liberals, being the larger of the two parties involved, will host their convention and issue the finalized draft of their plans going forward. Many speculate that they will continue to focus on the expansion of private-government cooperation and providing a platform to further increase international business. The Liberals understand what gamble they are taking, saying it's an "all stops pulled out" type of campaign to drive up support for their party.

Over the last week of May, the Tories will host theirs and will publish their "Cut the Fat" Plan within their manifesto. This plan is set to take Belantica into a more fiscally conservative government in regards to spending and expansion of programs. Their main argument is that taxpayers are already burdened enough, and some form of relief to them will be needed to retain satisfaction.

Other News
- Many in Belantica's Parliament disagree with Lofhus' new policy regarding the usage of drones, stating it as a breach of privacy and liberty, however law enforcement points out the positives to using drones for crime-fighting
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement that the draft application to join the ROS is "in progress and will be submitted in due time"
- Belantic Rail Express (BRX), the operator of high speed rail services, introduces a plan to test a new prototype of HST designed for operational speeds in excess of 400 km/h
- Meteorologists at the Belantic Weather Office say that the next few months "will have above average potentials of extreme weather, including heat and severe storms"
- Jerigan Priests murdered in attempts to Christianize a native tribe, "they had it coming" said some people on the streets of Albany City
-Office of State Security reports of "suspicous levels of quietness" from any Throngists cells in Belantica
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Lofthus
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lofthus » Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm

LOFTHUS PRESIDENT QUIETLY SIGNS PERSONAL 24-HOUR POLICE DRONES INTO LAW: ASSIGNMENT STARTS IN 15 DAYS

On May 16th, 2022 President Palubiak introduced an idea that would change the citizens of Lofthus' lives forever. One that involved having 24 hour police drones assigned to every person in Lofthus run by a special "Shield AI" or as now more commonly known as "Dystopia AI" or "Project Dystopia". The Drones are able to detect things like crime and medical emergencies, as well as report the proper evidence to the local authorities.

In the midst of protests and riots, Palubiak quietly signed a presidential order for the safety of the people and sent it to the representatives to vote, needing an 85% vote to stop. The representatives failed to stop the legislation meaning the presidential order was passed into law. The vote was held anonymously, 6 representatives voted to pass the legislation.

Drones are ready to be put into production at any time, this leads many to believe that Palubiak had been working on the project for quite some time secretly. Causing citizens, as well as foreign governments to get extremely suspicious of the corruption in the Lofthus Government and just how many loopholes there are in the Lofthusian Constitution.

Lofthus United has simplified the order for your convenience and everything you need to know.

1. Government
The Lofthus Government will build and install Shield AI drone storing facilities in all places people come in or out of the country, airports, harbors, ect. As well as increasing the number of government personnel at airports and harbors so as to assign a drone to every person coming into the country and taking drones away from people leaving the country. Fixed Shield AI cameras will also be placed in airports and harbors to detect any individuals who may not have a drone assigned. The Lofthus Government will also install Battery charging stations all across Lofthus, each station could hold any from 1,000-1,000,000 drones. The Lofthus Government will never have access to footage from drones or gain control of drone movement.

2. People
All individuals (citizens or visitors) must have a drone with them at all times, no exceptions. Any individuals who purposefully try to bypass Shield AI drone assignment may receive at least 4 months in prison for conspiracy to commit a crime. If an individual breaks or destroys a drone with intent may be fined up to $3000 and 7 months in prison for vandalism and conspiracy to commit a crime. individuals who repeat the offense of attempting to bypass assignment or breakage of drones with intent more than 3 times may get at least 2 years in prison for multiple accounts of vandalism and or conspiracy to commit a crime. In the unlikely event a drone breaks due to natural causes the individual whose said drone belongs to is expected to immediately ping another drone from their phone or other smart device and wait for it to arrive. Failure to ping yourself for a new drone within a reasonable amount of time may result in investigation. Any individual or group that attempts to hack Shield AI footage, algorithms, or control of drones could get at least 25 years in prison. Citizens are expected to report any people they see without an assigned drone. Any government employed individual who purposefully does not assign a person a drone may be fired or put on trial for conspiracy to commit a crime.

3. Lofthus Drone Company
The Lofthus Drone Company is expected to begin manufacturing drones at least 7 days after This order is put into place. LDC is expected to begin manufacturing 500,000 and shipping 100,000 drones per day all around the country until a total of 10 Million drones are produced. After 10 Million drones are produced, production will slow to 5,000 drones per day. Production expectations may vary depending on demand. LDC is not required to follow the same environmental protection laws other corporations in Lofthus are expected to follow. At least 7 days after this order is put into place, Shield AI servers are expected to be put into place at [LOCATION REDACTED]. LDC is expected to keep its servers secure, and not easily hackable as well as having high levels of security on the premise of production and servers. Failure to keep servers secure and unhackable may result in the deletion of the Corporation, with the Lofthus government taking full control of the company.The location of said production site and server site may not be let known to the public.

Other important details may have been left out of this article, to view the full order, please visit the Lofthus Government Website

Riots and Protest are expected all over Lofthus as hundreds of thousands people are outraged at the life changing order.
Everyone in Lofthus will now have a camera watching them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

When interviewers asked President Palubiak what he had to say, all he said was
"I love the people, and I love my country. Lofthus will have the lowest crime rate in the world. I had to sign it quickly, before things become too riled up. You all will thank me later".

Drones are expected to start being assigned on June 1st 2022
Last edited by Lofthus on Thu May 19, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates