NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles News

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Landao
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Landao » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Credit to Samudera for the banner
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Landao|2017-09-23 8:47 PM|Editor: Huang Jingshan

Landao announces accession into the League of the Western Isles

Lanhai - Sept. 24 -- In a joint press conference yesterday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has official confirmed the accession of Landao into the League of the Western Isles.

"As a part of the international community, Landao is obligated to help provide stability and peace to all nations. Join the League will allow Landao to coordinate peacekeeping and humanitarian efforts with a broad network of like minded partners and allies", Dong Guiying, the newly appointed ambassador to the League and a high ranking member in the Ministry, said.

While many Landaonese welcome Landao's increasing involvement in international affairs, critics argue that this could inflame tension with the Jinlong Dynasty, which had longstanding claims to the island and had considered the current government of Landao to be illegitimate. Others contend that the Landonese government should focus on domestic issues, such as combating the high levels of poverty as well as the Beidao insurgency, which has claimed thousands of lives on both sides in the past few years.

Polls indicated that public opinion was sharply divided, with 43% of the respodents approving of Landao joining the league, 37% of the respondents disapproving, and 20% unsure.

Also during the press conference, Dong hinted at a possible future mission in San Javier. When he was asked about it, he replied "San Javier could be a League mission in the near future. Unfortunately, as of now, I cannot confirm or deny that statement." If so, it would be Landao's first peacekeeping mission as a full member of the League.

As the Western Isles continue to be beset by a succession of crises, one thing is clear: in order to maintain peace and prosperity, both at home and abroad, Landao requires a greater degree of international participation and cooperation than ever before.

--With reporting from Nandao News Network

Also Trending

• Thousands of San Javier refugees drowning on way to Landao
  • New wave of terrorist attacks takes hundreds of lives in Jintai
  • Police says possible 324 Triad connection with emerging amphetamine epidemic in inner cities
  • Famous singer Li Jiahao in critical condition after car accident
Last edited by Landao on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xrevaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xrevaro » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 pm

September 24, 2017
X.I.N.N.
Bréevira, Xrevaro
National Update: The Facts

Following the great fires that occurred only a month ago, Xrevaro has found itself in a dire situation. The National Bank of Xrevaro stationed in Zenrolo has cautiously released their first wave of cash into the Xrevaran market to keep it afloat. The Xrevaran foreign minister is said to be in contact with the Covenant government over securing a loan to help push recovery along. Peace in Xrevaro is tenuous, upheld by the aid provided by several nations.
The environmental impacts of such wide ranging fires are still being assessed by the Dept. of Agriculture in tandem with Oster researchers from ESRG. The fires have caused one of the largest secondary succession events in Xrevaro, allowing scientists to research the nation’s unique ecology at work.
Currently being drafted in the nation’s parliament is a bill to increase spending on emergency services. An insurmountable cost when the nation teeters on the brink of a financial and humanitarian crisis. Defenders of the bill claim it is an insurance policy for the future well-being of Xrevaro while those in opposition claim that it’s a waste of money that can’t be afforded at the time. Furthermore, customers of multiple insurance companies are finding themselves uninsured and unable to file claims with insurance companies claiming that house and renters insurance does not cover fire damage.
As the stories continue to unfold, you can count on X.I.N.N. for accurate information.
Read More >>>
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Information on Xrevaro:
Xrevaro Wiki

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 am

September 24th, 2017

Jrm Hangma makes Islam her secondary religion

Jrm Hangma now dons the hijab in her office after accepting Islam as her secondary religion.

NEW LIBANG

After being criticized by Muslim Solidarity, the most prominent national Muslim organisation in Samudera for the missile strikes in Kachee Sultanate, Jrm Hangma has taken a new decision that made her the first Islamic leader of Athara Magarat.

In September 24th, she appeared in her office and public places wearing a long green hijab. When questioned by the press for her sudden change in appearance, Jrm Hangma revealed that she had accepted Islam as her secondary religion. Her primary religion though still is native Mastoism.

Mastoism the native shamanist religion of Khas people. As they were descended from Aproasiatic tribes, the supreme god Masto has many similarities to the Aprosian war god. Masto is often described as a supreme being made of pure energy [and thus the duty of Mastoist Khas shamans to maintain balance of various spiritual energy] who often takes the form of a human warrior.

"...I cannot forget Mastoism for my Khas father brought me up in those beliefs. My Atish mother died quite early for me to know Balnian beliefs. As such, unlike most of my friends, I grew up with only one religion. Till yesterday, I had not given any thoughts to what my secondary religion might be. But after my actions [missile strikes in Kachee] were considered discrimination against Muslim people and purposeful targeting of Islam, I have to say that I do not hate Islam or the Muslim people. In fact, I have embraced Islam as my secondary religion. I am thankful to the people of Kachee and Samudera for giving me this insight. I am thankful to the Imam for helping me in accepting Islam. From now on, I am both a Mastoist and a non-denominational Muslim..."

In Athara Magarat, it is common for most people to have secondary or even tertiary religions in predominately shamanist/animist nation which often gets mistake as a Buddhist theocracy [which is mostly because Buddhism is the most popular secondary religion]. And almost no one seemed to be surprised by her embracing of Islam as secondary religion.

"Maybe because we have bigger issues like SHOCK terrorists, Bhikkustani refugee crisis or the Ticking Flu. Maybe because half of Athara Magaratis have more than one or even more than two religions. None of us are surprised at all. And we kind of knew this would happen when you look at our history. Chemjong Hang had Balnianism as his secondary religion. Most of the lesser Hangs of the Khas-Kirat Empire used to have local religions as their secondary religions. Paija Hang [whom Jrm Hangma has replaced temporarily] has Whindism as his secondary religion." A young man who publicly identified as shamanist/Buddhist/Muslim and wearing medical mask [because of the Ticking Flu] while on his way to college told the Herald. "She is a strong leader and a good one. I sincerely hope she mends ties with Samuderan people and Kachee citizens. I sincerely hope that she becomes a respectable leader and that her Islam-embracing was not a mere populist show. I sincerely hope that she reads the Koran and prays when she has time that is. As someone who has Islam as my tertiary religion, I am glad that Jrm Hangma has made history by being the first Islamic leader of the Demokratik Kuunsrach of Athara Magarat."
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 am

September 24th, 2017

Jrm Hangma calls all nations to open borders and help Bhikkustani refugees

A Bhikkustani girl holds a placard saying 'Are We Refugees Forever?'

Bhikkustani women who have been separated from their families due to the refugee crisis.

NEW LIBANG

Jrm Hangma, the interim leader of the Demokratik Kuunsrrach of Athara Magarat, has called on all 'responsible nations' to act immediately by opening their borders to Bhikkustani refugees.

"That the Demokratik Kuunsrach has hosted over 70,000 refugees from Bhikkustan i.e. the EUSR is a fact everyone knows. Today, I am here to apologize to all the Bhikkustani people that I am sorry to say that maybe our nation cannot take any more refugees. It is not the question of accommodation. The CU has been helping our nation with great amount of relief funds. We believe that Athara Magarat is the first choice of these desperate people because of our shared ancestry and culture and it is because of this fact that we must do more...but our nation is not safe anymore..."

"SHOCK terrorist running amok...and the Ticking Flu has made our once hospitable nation no longer a safe zone to any one. And yet, still...these people seek refugee in our nation. It might not simply be due to shared culture. I know realize that this is because almost all other nations have closed their borders to the desperate Bhikkustani refugees...a sad fact which is cruel reality..."

"I ask today why has every other nation in the Isles, except for Corindia, West Suomi, Lardingo, Covonant and of course Athara Magarat, refused to accept these helpless people? Why? Why? Why? At least Atnaia and Noronica are helping us to save the people arriving dangerously in overloaded ships. At least the CU nations are providing funds to help us accommodate the refugees. But why are the other nations silent? Why? Why? Why?"

"I have lost all respect I had for the League. Our nation tried to call for a resolution on the Bhikkustani refugees twice and our voices were rejected both times. Apparently, the League was busy discussing more important issues...like how to out a member nation...Such hypocrisy is what prompted us to resign from that place in protest. And even yet, the League has paid no heed to our resignation. What has the League done for these poor souls who are dying everywhere they go? I dare say that some in the League were even happy to see us go!"

"Check the social media and you all can see the cruel face of the people. They are calling these innocent people 'economic drains' and some politicians from VERY CAPITALIST nations even went as far as to say to our request that they would never accept spies from a commie land! Our nation is done with this hypocrisy! You all claim to be democratic nations dedicated to humanity yet where is your humanity right now? The EUSR is the same! I told their leaders to please stop the refugee crisis but they have continued ignoring the voice of this small and powerless nation...Yes, the League ignored us because we are a small powerless nation. It has become an elite club of sorts for certain powerful nations to display their greatness than what the League was originally supposed to be. What irks me is that this whole refugee crisis is becoming a capitalist-communist thing. EUSR is gloating at the problems faced by the capitalists while the capitalists say they will not accept 'communist spy refugees'. To hell with the screwed-up ideologies of these so-called powerful nations. People are dying out here and there. And yet, they have no shame than to bicker over their never-ending petty squabbles."

"To be fair to League, I heard they are now trying to work on the Ticking Flu...Well, at least they are doing something useful and great since 70,000 Atnaians and 30,000 Athara Magaratis have already died of this diseases and those devils from SHOCK and SOAR continue destroying research facilities in Atnaia and Athara Magarat. Since the League will be preoccupied with greater tasks, it is up to individual nations to hear the plight of the poor souls we have been ignoring. Hence, I request and beg to all of you great leaders...please...please...for humankind...please open your borders already to these needy people. You say, you want to help Athara Magarat in combating SHOCK? Do so by taking away their potential recruits and nurturing them into the best people out there. May the supreme entity give blessings to us all!"
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Verona Beach
Envoy

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Verona Beach » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:46 am

The Regulars' Assembly in session before debating the proposed bill.
As Athara Magarat is Flooded With Bhikkus, Regulars Propose Taking Some In

Verona Beach Today, the floor of the Assembly was filled with Regulars debating the merits and disadvantages of taking in Bhikkustani refugees, a job only under consideration due to the fact that one of the few countries holding them has an epidemic on their hands. As more and more people flee the oppressive rule of the EUSR, one of the only places they can go is Athara Magarat. Thusly, an ethnic Khas-Kirati Regular proposed yesterday to draft a bill to formulate a plan for taking in refugees. The Chief Minister has agreed to whatever his party drafts in the Assembly, and is ready to negotiate with the Magarati government in order to facilitate the transfer of Bhikkustanis to Verona Beach. The plan as it stands now is to take in adult Bhikkustanis with skills Verona Beach is needing, as well as orphaned and abandoned children. The abandoned Saint Bernardine Prison has been proposed for a temporary housing centre, and teachers have already volunteered to teach English and basic Veronite etiquette to the new arrivals. All that remains to be determined is the quota, which currently sits at 500 per month to prevent overcrowding and to allow for screening of the individuals. The bill is expected to pass tomorrow or Monday.

Veronite soldiers suiting up to aid cleanup and distribute rations in Xrevaro.
Our Lads Ship Out to Xrevaro to Help Clean Up After Fires

Bréevira As the strong and mighty nation of Xrevaro recoils from a disastrous fire season, Verona Beach authorities saw how they should help. A lump sum from the budget was formed for the Ministry of Health and Saftey was used. From there, supplies were bought. Food rations, bottled water, clothes, even generators and school supplies were procured. Next, they were loaded onto a series of planes (coined the Bréevira Airlift) and flown from Verona Beach to Xrevaro via Carmo in Corindia and Caranoor in Ainslie. From there, military personnel dispatched to the areas hit hardest by the fires. Once there, they not only distributed aid to citizens, they helped construct temporary shelters and restart water pumping systems. Said one soldier of the exercise, "It's riveting to help people in need. The Xrevarans are a lot like us, and imagine what a fire ripping through, say, Davie Square would do to us. It'd devastate us. We did what we could for these people."

Aid will continue to be delivered through the week. Soldiers will remain to aid cleanup and reconstruction through mid-October.

9/24/17
Last edited by Verona Beach on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I dared Verona Beach to give humanitarian aid to some refugees and he actually did it, the absolute mad man." -The Trultin Isles

NS Stats are a conspiracy

99% of all people on Nationstates would put this sentence in their sig. It you're part of the 15% who wouldn't, put this in your sig.

Proud member of The Western Isles! Join today!

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 am

The Gold Coast times

Northwest kalactin opens borders to bhikkustani refugees. Northwest kalactin has come to aid to athara magarat by moving bhikkustani to northwest kalactin. We that now counts northwest kalactin refugee camp numbers to 10,450 including 9,000 bhikkustani refugees.
Northwest kalactin now tracks over 20 refugee transports coming a day northwest kalactin refugee camps are expected to fill up in 3 months. Due to how SHOCK got inside Athara Magaret northwest kalactin has set up security systems that don't allow any types of explosives or firearms and any refugee with a criminal record will not be allowed in the nation. Although northwest kalactin does have a large well trained military. Today during a ship coming to shore there was a large explosion which we suspect has something to do with SHOCK. Northwest kalactin has had more refugees than expected and is closing refugee gates. Now that the move is complete northwest kalactin has opened shipping more with other nations. We interviewed an owner of a large refugee camp he said
"we here at hijkin refugee camp are sadly having to make refugees live in small overcrowded buildings and houses we our encouraging refugees that are young to take jobs in there communities so they can pay college funds college for the refugees are cheap and many refugees make enough money to go to community colleges. Very few refugees make it into large state colleges and some refugees even join the military underage just to get money for college. Many refugees have taken no jobs though and do not have enough money".
The senate put laws on companies on how many refugees can work for them due to cheap labor.
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Landao
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Landao » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am

Credit to Samudera for the banner
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Landao|2017-09-23 8:47 PM|Editor: Huang Jingshan

9 dead, 45 hospitalized in anti refugee riots

Shanzhou - Sept. 25 -- An anti refugee protest turned deadly yesterday night at Shanzhou City Hall as protesters fought with countertenors and police, leaving 9 people dead and 45 hospitalized, many of them in critical condition. "At around 11:00 PM local time, several violent incidents were reported outside of Shanzhou City Hall to the Shanzhou Province Police Department. The prompt and professional response by our officers in arresting the lawbreakers and dispersing the crowd helped to keep the situation under control, and minimize civilian casualties.", said Liu Zhang, superintendent of the Shanzhou Province Police Department. As of the time of this publication, Mr. Liu has not responded to further inquiry.

This is the latest in a series of riots and protests over the growing number of Bhikkustani and San Javerian refugees entering the country. Bhikkustan, a communist nation located in the South Nova sea, is currently suffering from an epidemic of Ticking Flu as well as civil unrest and political instability, leaded to thousands of Bhikkustanis fleeing their home country. San Javier, a nation located in the southern sea, suffers similar problems, as well as issues with opium addiction and drug cartels. Public opinion on these peoples are sharply divides, with 43% of those asked in a recent poll saying that Landao should continue accepting refugees, 51% saying that Landao shouldn't or should accept less refugees, and the remaining 6% saying that they are undecided.

After the deadly attacks, hundreds of Shanzhou residents gathered outside city hall this morning to mourn the nine dead protesters. A public candlelight vigil, from 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM, is also planned tonight. When asked about her opinion on the Bhikkustani and San Javerian refugees, Zi Yaling, the mother of Fu Jin, a 19 year old college student who was one of the protesters who died during the riots, says, "I don't understand how people can be so ugly and show so much hatred over these refugees. They are risking their lives to provide them and their children for a better future, and I don't see why we should have a right to deny them that. My son gave his life fighting for what he believed in, fighting for the refugees... I just don't understand why."

Other Shanzhou residents have complained that Landao has done enough in helping these people. For example one disgruntled resident's tweet highlights the growing tensions between ethnic Landaonese and foreign refugees:

ImageImage
Wang Hua
@wonderfulwang

people say we have 2 be "tolerant" of bhikku refugee while they live off OUR taxes and get OUR jobs while people are living in dumps in Landao. we need help landaonese first, then others#OurLandao

RetweetsFavorites
20k11k

15:52 - 24/09/17

This month, the Landaonese coast guard has already reported an additional 5,000 refugees rescued off the coast. With the stream of displaced, homeless, and desperate people from war torn countries only increasing, it seems that violence and civil unrest will be the new norm for years to come.

-- With reporting from Shanzhou Television Netowrk

Also Trending

• The Hashimoto Brothers new hit single "Ronin" tops charts
  • Anti League protests in Richeng
  • Jinyao Pharmaceuticals faces billion dollar lawsuit for stock manipulation
  • Opinion polls suggest that Clavere will win the Keveran Elections
Last edited by Landao on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

San Montagna
Envoy

Democratic Socialists

Postby San Montagna » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:54 pm

In A turn of events, Benito Franco Denounces Jrm Hangma following her recent decisions
September 24th 2017

Benito Franco has Publicly Denounced Jrm Hangma following her Recent announcements and decisions. Jrm Hangma has Chosen Islam as her secondary religion, as well as calling for Countries to open their Borders to Bhikkustani Refugees.

Benito Franco Publicly denounced Jrm Hangma and Her Decisions, Saying: "At one point I Congratulated her Decisions, now I see it was just a cover for bad Decisions, To Begin, She put almost no Consideration into Choosing a Secondary Religion, She Only chose it to appease the Citizens of another Country who were Protesting. And, now that I think about it, how does a Secondary Religion make any sense? I mean You cant really believe in one if you believe in the Other, maybe if they are similar, but something as different as Islam, and Sh!t, what was the name of the other? *Assistant Speaks: "I think Wingtoism"* "Yes Wingtoism, Islam and Wingtoism are very Different indeed, so believing in both makes no sense."

"Now lets Move on to the Refugee Crisis, this amazing hang wants us to open our borders to these False-Religion believing Communists, who are Spies and Terrorists, we have already delt with thousands landing on our shores, and we have to force them back on to their boats and send them to Athara Magarat, this takes hours, and they are never happy with us sending them the right way. Even Worse, Sometimes they come armed by SHOCK, Leading to gunfights with Our Coast Guard. To combat the Refugee crisis, we have Fortified positions, Barbed wire and Machine Guns on the coast, as well as a Line painted in Red, and it is announced to them that if they cross the line they will be fired upon, Luckily none of them have yet"

Trending
San Montagna is the greatest country, says new poll
New Hang makes stupid decisions
Catholicism is the most catholic Religion, say new poll
Last edited by San Montagna on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
B

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

War journalist in SHOCK territory

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 pm

War journalists in SHOCK territory

We sent journalists in SHOCK territory and a few that came back were interviewed

Nal Santon journalist.
"Last week I was with the 33rd division I had met many men but the nicest by far was 23 year old Render Canderson he was in Private First Class and had just come back from a clash with shock soilders he had blood all over his ankle and was next to a medic and was in critical condition ge said he was hit by a sniper and was rushing back to his squad but couldn't ren well due to his bad ankle he was almost taken prisoner but his squad members saved his life. I also went on a plane a scout plane we were over shock territory when shock anti aircraft guns our planes were swerving left and right then a bomber squadron with b-52 destroyed the guns but we had lost 3 out of 5 planes so we decided to go back to base'

Steve Johnson, journalist that was taken prisoner

" I was a journalist I was taken prisoner in a SHOCK assault they tortured me they gave us little food and water it was terrible we tried to make a strategy to escape but it didn't work when I tried to escape I was sent to a death camp but the army of northwest kalactin saved me just in time they used helicopters to save us and defeated the SHOCK troops once I was on the helicopter we had troops that were gunners and we lost men both of them 21 we killed when a helicopter exploded we are still unsure though because SHOCK started to kill our prisoners after the battle started the pilot of my helicopter was lieutenant John s. Maxwell he was strict but he was nice when I made it back to the base we were very happy I was sent back home but when I was examined by the doctor I had Typhoid! The doctor suspected it was because of the food at the prison camp or the conditions at the prisons camp luckily I am okay now."
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:29 pm

September 24, 2017

Iplandic Broadcasting Corporation

Prime Minister premieres trailer for upcoming reality television show

“This is more than what you’re thinking it’ll be” said the Prime Minister today following the release of a trailer for an upcoming project.

”From AM to PM” is an upcoming reality television show centred around the life of Prime Minister Rob Paul, which will air on IBC ENTERTAINMENT nationally starting with the Pilot on October 6 this year, while private media screenings begin next week on the 29th of September.

Watch the teaser here:

This show will premiere with one season, and is expected to detail almost everything during Rob's day.
The teaser shows the Prime Minister on his TownHallTour2017 during a question and answer period.
It then cuts to him unpacking at his hotel and a mumbled speaking voice is heard on a television.

The following is an excerpt of an interview carried out today by Fersen Gandholf with the PM himself.

“I think this will give everyone a new look into my life.”

“I have tried revealing as much of myself as I can through interviews, TWItter, you name it. It’s not enough for me”

“I am not a celebrity, so don’t expect a celebrity show. It’s important for me that people might learn more about what my job actually is, but then there is also the very personal side to it”

”How do you think the people of Ipland will react to this?

”I mean I’m not expecting a parade, but I’m hoping everyone will be open to it.”

”What about politics? Will there be some sort of political message or narrative?”

”No. This is not a political show. Of course it will show my job which involves my opinions, but it won’t be as a message”

FULL INTERVIEW HERE

You can catch "From AM to PM" on IBC Entertainment October 6!
Report a typo
[align=center]Ipland

Samudera
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Samudera » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 am

Peaceful Demonstration turn into Riots after the President announced taking Bhikkustani refugees from Athara Magarat

KABAR SAHARI - 25/09/2017, 19:07

Mass burning of cars in front of the Athara Magarati embassy

BHINNEKA, Kabar Sahari - Yesterday morning, the President announced its intention to ease the burden off the Athara Magarati government due to their refugee influx. In his speech, he said,

Athara Magarat is our brother, and no one wanted this refugee crisis but the reality is that it has happened, and it is our moral duty to take care of the . We will take at least fifty refugees from Athara Magarat after the appropriate health checks in order to prevent the spread of Ticking Flu to Samudera.

Following the President’s speech, a second protest against the Athara Magarati government was held in Bhinneka by the Muslim Solidarity movement, in response to Jrm Hangma’s decision to make Islam her secondary religion, and the government’s decision to take refugees from Athara Magarat.

The demonstrators were proclaiming ‘Heretic’ along their protest route, from Thawra Mosque to the gates of the Athara Magarati embassy.

Mohammed Isa, the leader of the Muslim Solidarity Movement said in his speech,

This turn of events is unbelievable. Making Islam your secondary religions is blatant heresy, and may Allah condemn you for that behaviour. No one in Islam should believe in other gods. You aren’t a true Muslim because of your lightweight, heretical acts!. You have just tarnished our holy and peaceful religion. We won’t take your ‘irreligious refugees’ from Athara Magarat!

The once peaceful demonstrations the turned into riots after groups of demonstrators started attacking the embassy guards, whilst screaming ‘Allahu akbar!’. Police retaliated by launching tear gas into the crowds to disperse the crowd.

The aggressors kept attacking the police and the outnumbered police retreated back to within the embassy’s walls. Reinforcements were called for, but the demonstrators tore down the embassy’s gate and laid siege to the embassy. Another wave of demonstrators tried to enter the President’s residence, Revolution Palace, but police succeeded in pacifying them.

The siege on the Athara Magarati embassy, with a few police officers still trying to guard the complex

A six-hour effort to take back the embassy had taken place, with the police using rubber bullets and tear gases to breakthe siege on the Athara Magarati embassy. The Athara Magarati ambassador was rescued by a helicopter on the top of the embassy’s building.

The leader of the demonstrations, Mohammed Isa, and the culprits were caught by the police in the evening, following the breaking of the siege in the Athara Magarati embassy.

The Chief of the Samuderan Police, Asep Kunto, later in the night gave us a speech.

We didn’t expect the demonstrations to turn into a riot. The outnumbered police were soon withdrawn for their own safety with the police trying to clamp down the protesters. We apologise to the Athara Magarati government for this incident. All of the offenders will be dealt with appropriately and under the full extent of Samuderan law.

The President officially apologised to the Athara Magarati Government for this incident, condemning the attack on the embassy. Citing it’s an unfortunate accident that won’t be repeated.

Bhinneka Metro Police are now to guard the Athara Magarati embassy and the Revolution Palace, along with additional reinforcements to guard public places. Police haven’t declared that the area is safe until recently, with reinforcements bolstering the security of the area.

Writer : Kahari Rahar
Editor : Malachor Reniguard

Top International News

Ticking Flu outbreak in LandaoImage

Opinion polls suggest that Clavere will win the Keveran Elections

Trailer Premieres of of the Ipland's reality-show about their Prime Minister's life

Verona Beach planned to take Bhikkustani refugees from Athara Magarat
Last edited by Samudera on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

Lardingo
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lardingo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Lardingo Record
Beholden To No Power

Attack In Crystal City

Chief Executive and members of COA shot at outside Executive 1

September 25th, 2016
Crystal City, Lardingo

This morning Chief Executive Renolds, five members of COA, and two aids were attacked near the entrance of Executive Building 1. Renolds had just greeted the council members outside the main gate, and was about to usher the group inside, when shots where fired from unknown place. Witnesses say security guards pushed all eight people in the group to the ground, and guards with guns ran from the building. Tourists took cover under trees and benches. Security guards exchanged fire with the gunman in a six minute battle. Armed civilians attempted to aid the guards, but could not see the attacker from their position outside the gate. Within minutes ambulances arrived at the gate of the Executive Office. The whereabouts and condition of the Chief Executive, the five councilmen, and the aids are not currently known. The Chief Executive had holding been a series of meetings with influential Libertarian councilmen throughout the week.

We talked with Jorden Miles, a jogger who was being treated by EMTs. During the fight a stray bullet had grazed his arm.
I come here all the time when I run. I did not expect any of this to happen. It was all peaceful and then suddenly there where these popping sounds. I recognized them from my time in the army as gunfire. I just immediately threw myself on the ground and waited. Lord, it must have been the worst few minutes of my life.

Executive Office 1 after the Chief Executive and members of COA were shot at.

This is developing story. We will continue to update you as soon as more information is available.

Lardian National Team issues statement after fourth place finish in Football Cup.
After the Lardingo's nail-biting defeat in the Western Isles World Cup, handing third place to to Eserai, the Lardingo Hawks issued a team statement:

To: All our fans
It was an honor representing Lardingo in the Western Isles World Cup. In the end, the fight for third place ended with penalty kicks, and Eserai bested us by one. We like to look at the outcome by reflecting not how far we could have gone, but how far we did go. Fourth place is not bad for our first try! In the end, we went farther than anyone in Lardingo thought we would ever go. We hope we inspired a new generation of football enthusiasts in Lardingo, who will one day take our place in competing for our nation.

This weeks weather:

Sunday: Max: 32 Min: 28
Monday: Max: 31 Min: 27
Tuesday: Max: 30 Min: 28
Wednesday: Max: 31 Min: 29
Thursday: Max: 31 Min: 28
Friday: Max: 30 Min: 27
Saturday: Max: 31 Min: 28

Great-Imperialonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great-Imperialonia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Imperialonian fairy wedding

Earlier today Count Tenzin Wangchuk I of Bhikkar formally announced the engagement between him and Princess Li Jiang. Princess Lia Jiang is the youngest daughter of Emperor Li Jiangyu and Empress Li Biyu of Jinlong Dynasty. This is the first time any fief is to marry a foreigner, other than an Agadarian. The announcement lead to many good wishes and joy, but also some critics.

Count Tenzin Wangchuk I of Bhikkar is, besides being one of the five most high ranking nobles in the country, also the Chief Executive of the (overwhelmingly) Buddhist Region of Bhikkar in the utter west of Great-Imperialonia. Count Tenzin was officialy inaugurated in 2007 when his father past away. SInce then he has been without a wife. Rumours already began spreading about possible homosexuality, but will not roam for much longer apparently, as Count Tenzin will marry the princess within days.

Nobody had expected a marriage between the princess and the count a year ago, but it seems the two have been seeing each other often these last months. Count Tenzin and Princess Li Jiang, future Countess of Bhikkar, gave a joint statement on the footsteps of the Lotus Pagode in Asjk'lan today, where the publicly declared their love and engagement. Count Tenzin announced Emperor Li Jiangyu of the neighbouring Jinlong Dynasty had given his consent and that they were overjoyed. Immediatly after the statement, a lot of reactions came through. Most notable those of His Majesty the Viceroy and Her Highness Vicereine-Consort Princess Mary:

We are very happy for the count and the princess and we want to wish them a very long and happy life together. We look forward to the new bond with the Jinlong Dynasty and the eternal bond between the two families.

There were however also some doubtfull reactions, mostly from regional legislators of Bhikkar. Leader of the Labour Party in Bhikkar, Axel Burn, released a written statement in which he said he "is concerned with the tight relation this will lead to between the count and the Jinlong royal family, which is known for their authoritarian rule". He further stated the Labour Party requests transparency in the marriage, to make sure Count Tenzin stays Chief Executive of Bhikkar and not the Emperor of the Jinlong Dynasty. Axel Burn was not the only one with concerns. Lord Leicester Narcisus, Speaker Pro Tempore of the States-General, the Upper House of Great-Imperialonia, also expressed some doubts. After he congratulated the count and his fiancee, he stated there was to be made sure the princess would not have official influence in regional or national politics, as Count Tenzin is also member of the Viceroy's Privy Council.

Despite all the concerns the people of Bhikkar were overjoyed and started celebrating the engagement. The wedding will happen the 30th of September close to the Panchen River, where they will be married.

Count Tenzin Wangchuk I and Princess Li Jiang of Jinlong
Proud member of The Western Isles

Former Secretary of Defence of The Western Isles
Former Senator of The Western Isles

Cantonos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cantonos » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 pm

PRESIDENT BOUND FOR STATE VISITS IN AINSLIE AND SAMUDERA

CHARLIE DODO - 26/09/2017, 23:15

International News

• Tensions rise in the South Mesder Sea
  • Ticking Flu breakout in Landao
  • Keveral exit-polls announced
  • Riots in Samudera after refugee accord
Today's Weather

• Talala: 28°C
  • Dokyō: 24°C
  • Javana: 25°C
  • Orebro: 25°C
Other News

• CU discussing Cantonosian accession
  • Violent protests leading up to legislative election
  • Government commits doctors to San Javier

CHARLIE DODO | Two weeks after being re-elected, President Sangwoo seeks to immediately enforce his pledge to expand Cantonosian international engagement by launching a diplomatic tour in Gael. The foreign office had hinted days earlier that the President would attempt to establish strong ties within the immediate region where Gael, the Southern Sea and the Kavju cross each other. The northern neighbour of Cantonos -- or at least the closest thing an island nation can have as a neighbour -- Ainslie invited re-elected President Sangwoo to discuss matters in their capital of Arnton for further cooperation between the two democracies.

After his three-day trip to Arnton, President Sangwoo is scheduled to take a short-flight to the city of Bhinneka, Samudera. Cantonos and Samudera, two nations both culturally and historically related, have been cooperating and competing with one and other for centuries. During the Presidency of Tarou Dubois, a Communist leader of the Socialist Party, Cantonos supported the Seroja Revolution against the military junta that ruled over Samudera. The Seroja Revolution was a socialist revolt which sought to restore democracy and power to the people in the archipelago, something which the popular socialists were able to steamroll through the legislature. Once the Samuderan revolution had taken an unexpected shift, and it's government been hijacked by a single party, relations grew increasingly strained between the two sister nations. With the election of conservative iron-lady, Suk Bouchard, in the 1990's -- relations between the Communist government of Samudera and the United Cities collapsed, the subsequent famine in Samudera is often attributed to the embargo enforced by Madame Bouchard's government. Almost 30 years later, conservative President Oh Sangwoo seeks to reinvigorate the Samud-Cantonosian special relation and seek for ways to approach the challenges of today and tomorrow together.

ImageImage
Oh Sangwoo
@realOhSangwoo

On my way to meet Prime Minister @andrewkenzai in Arnton,
looking forward to discuss a bright future for our nations.

RETWEETS FAVORITE
13.1K12.5K

19:07 - 26 Sep 2017

ImageImage
Kahu Petárd
@kahukahu

@realOhSangwoo i would also spend half my time
abroad if i had to face corruption scandals at home #EndImpunity

RETWEETSFAVORITE
25K19.3K

20:15 - 26 Sep 2017
Last edited by Cantonos on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Ainslie
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ainslie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm

DOMESTIC: New wildlife crossing in popular snowsport area
Near Venterra, AInslie

The Ahnslen Infrastructure Commission today in conjunction with the Wesland Infrastructure Authority, the Rural Infrastructure Delivery Authority, Transport Wesland, the Federal Department for the Environment and the Ahnslen Roads Commission announced the opening of a new animal crossing for the Winter Expressway, between Venterra and Kianara.

The new overpass is designed to cater for local wildlife, with fences to redirect the animals to it. It is expected to lower roadkill on one of the most notorious roads for animal related car incidents, especially in the winter peak. The Infrastructure Department Chief today gave Arendai a statement.

"It is a great day when such a variety of different agencies collaborate under a common goal in order to deliver the best outcomes for the community. The road has really been a problem, so getting it cleared up before snow season is a smart and logical idea in order to benefit Ahnslens, as well as tourists. What they will see is a high class road in a rugged landscape, one that shows the excellence of synergy."

AIC shared the same sentiments as the Infrastructure Department in a statement also shared today. This is the first infrastructure project of this nature and size in Ainslie, so its' effectiveness is yet to be sseen in practice.

OPINION: A complicated relationship: The Imperialonian-Jinlongian Marriage
By Dustin Moore, Alliance of Centres for International Studies - Arnton

What is before us is a very odd occurrence for these times. A marriage has occurred between a Princess of Jinlong and a Count of Imperialonia. What is most important here is the politics and symbolism around it. Marriages in the past were done in order to improve relationships between two nations in an effort to ease tensions or solidify existing relationships.

What needs to be examined is the politics and implications of this event for The Western Isles as a whole. Imperialonian advisors must’ve been slapping themselves when they saw this news come out because frankly it’s a nightmare obstacle for their national narrative. The national narrative, it appears, is firmly in a peaceful democratic zone - yet this marriage says differently about it all.

Whether this was arranged or not, it is not certain, but what is certain is that the timing and publication of this is horrible for the democratically elected Imperialonian Government. Imperialonia seems to be on a thin line between democratic and monarchist, one that many nations have not walked on for centuries. The baffling inclusion of the viceroyalty in the democratic government solidifies the idea that the government may not be as democratic as it seems.

It also appears that the behaviour of the Jinlongian ‘government’ has not been taken into account. Imperialonia, whether intentionally or unintentionally is aligning itself with a nation which is a suspected perpetrator of war crimes and human rights abuses. It is a non-democratic government which is stuck in the past that is acting widely and adversely recently. It has recently enacted compulsory conscription and for many years has tried to influence the democratic government of Keverai.

An emerging democracy siding with a non-democratic, near dictatorial state seems like a worrying event, one that we all need to closely examine.

Weather

Click below for today's weather.
Last edited by Ainslie on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Unified Electorates of Ainslie
Discord gdayer and weather alarm man from The Western Isles.

"Aprosia and Townside: hey, let's do history and culture, things that affect many aspects of our nations
ainslie: hehe alarm go brrrrr"

- Aprosia, 2021

"Factbooks are never finished, as Ains would say"
- Torom, 2018

Lardingo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lardingo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Lardingo Record

Phantom shooter injures Chief Executive, kills 2 members of COA and a security guard.

September 26, 2017
Crystal City, Lardingo

Yesterday, a shooter opened fire on Chief Executive Renolds and members of COA as they met outside Executive 1, which is the Chief Exeuctive's office and residential quarters. Chief Executive Renolds had been hosting a series of meetings over the course of the week with dozens of influential Libertarian Councilmen. After an intense gunfight with security guards, the shooter was silent. Ambulances arrived at the building and several people where rushed to the hospital, although witnesses could not identify who those people were.

Vice Executive Lizard "Harold' Harrison held a press conference to update the media on the situation.
Thank you all for coming. This is all very unexpected and we are going to fill you all in on what we know so far.
At 9:35 AM yesterday, Chief Executive Renolds, five members of the Council Of Approval, and two aids where attacked outside the entrance to Executive 1. They were shot at from the sixth floor of the Executive 3, which is home to the Lardian Department of Foreign Affairs. Executive 3 is situated directly in front of the Chief Executive's office. When the shooting began, security officers fired back at the gunman. It is believed a guard's bullet destroyed the assailant's gun. When police searched the sixth floor of Executive 3, they found traces of blood and the broken remnants of a sniper riffle. Blood smears led up to the window, on which a rope was attached. It is believed that the injured gunman climbed out the window and escaped, possibly in a car. An investigation is currently ongoing and we will keep you updated.

Executive Renolds has been hospitalized with a gunshot to the side. Her condition is currently stable. Councilmen Joshua Menes was killed instantly when a bullet struck him in the head. Councilwoman Orchid "Lucy" Hilly died of her wounds at the hospital. One security guard was killed while responding to the incident. His identity is being kept private at the request of his family. Both aids have been hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

When asked whether investigators knew who the gunman was, Vice Executive Harrison declined to comment in order not to compromise the ongoing investigation.

Michigonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Michigonia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 pm

#Health #Crime
26 September, 2017

Amphetamine-Related Deaths Spur Investigations

Matts Hargrove, Jan van Holland

Police combed the crowds on Sunday after the overdoses were discovered

Riverbend, Hillsbora- The deaths of four young-adult women over the last weekend in eastern Hillsbora has provoked inquiry from local authorities regarding the drug culture among Michigonia's youth. The women, aged between 19 and 23, all died on Monday in St. Anne Hospital after they were found unconscious at Gilgall Festival on Sunday.

Autopsies found high amounts of an unnamed amphetamine, similar to other recent cases reported in Ainslie.

One woman was from Alland, one was from Jamesport, while the other two were from nearby West Port. It does not appear that they knew each other.

A friend of a 19 year-old victim told our reporter that they lost contact with each other at around 11 pm Saturday, but he believed she had gone off with other acquaintances for the night. He said she left her cell phone at home, a common practice of attendees to the popular music festival. According to the man, rumors were spreading of multiple overdoses the next morning, so he went to the medical tent where he found the woman under triage medical attention.

"I broke down instantly," said the man, a university student from Jamesport. "I just thought how am I going to explain this to everyone."

Stephen Emmen, spokesperson for the Hillsbora Governor's office, said that the state police are working with Gilgall Festival organizers and attendees to locate the direct sources of these incidents.

When asked if the amphetamines found in the women were related to those cropping up in Ainslie, Mr. Emmen said they could not confirm any connection.

The festival continued through Sunday, though some shows were cancelled amid a subdued crowd. Police began filtering through the festival grounds with sniffer canine units by mid-morning on Sunday, where nine alcohol-related arrests were made, but no amphetamines were found.

Trending Now

-Free Ticking Flu vaccines available in Alland
-More arrests in Cortes child-trafficking case
-GMEX continues slide
Last edited by Michigonia on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 pm

VELAHI CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY

Historic 6th Party Congress to be called

September 27, 2017

A historic party congress will be convened on November 14, 2017, the first time in Velah's history that a second party congress was convened in a single year, and the 6th overall, it was announced by Premier Abdulaziz Inoyatov. The date is also special considering that the ruling Workers' Party of Velah will be holding its anniversary celebrations on that day. This will be the fifth party congress held since 1937 which declared Victor Caligan as the 2nd Chairman of the Central Committee, the party congress of 1976 which elected Patrick Snow as the successor of Victor Caligan as Chairman, and the party congress in 1985 which elected Patrick's son, Brandon Snow as Chairman. The last party congress was held last March 15, 2017, which installed Lev Verdiyev as the 5th Chairman of the Central Committee.

Premier Inoyatov said that Chairman Lev Verdiyev together with the senior leaders of the Workers' Party have decided to convene the largest and highest gathering of the proletariat to approve important changes to the party and state constitutions which were unveiled earlier this month.

"Comrade Verdiyev has deemed it necessary to provide for ample time for all Velahis to be informed of the important changes that will happen with the passing of the new party and state constitutions. The party supports him fully, that is why we decided to a lot the appropriate number of days to allow those who will be tasked to inform the public to properly fulfill their job." Inoyatov said.

The drafts prepared by the constitutional commission created by the Chairman, were unanimously approved by the Central Committee last September 09, 2017.
Last edited by Velah on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verona Beach
Envoy

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Verona Beach » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

A rave in Miramar Ward, similar to the venues where new amphetamines are shared.
Increasing Overdose Hospitalizations Scare Health Officials

As the summer winds down and people return to school of some form or prepare for the work year, a surprising statistic is continuing to exponentially rise across the nation - Amphetamine overdoses. SMUGPOL spokespeople and several medical officials told staff at the Beach Reporter that a new form of amphetamine (termed “buzz” on the streets) is becoming more prevalent on the streets, nightclubs, and raves of the country. As a result of this, more and more young people are overdosing and being hospitalized. The death rate is also rising alarmingly fast, which led to the Chief Minister convening his Cabinet for an emergency meeting Saturday. Afterwards, he held yet another press conference, stating:

“This is a situation completely devolving before our eyes. We must turn our attention from Atnaia, which until now we thought to be the most important situation in the Mesder Sea, and look at our own drug problem- which, may I remind you, is developing to near-epidemic proportions. We must act now, and we must act quickly. We must work proactively to combat both the supply-side and demand-side of this issue. My ministers and I will be working to formulate an education program to combat the urge to take controlled substances at the source.

“I want drug-peddlers, arms-smugglers, organized criminals of all kinds to hear my words now. Remember this- For you, there is no more love to be found for you in Fair Verona. From now on, I want you to feel fear every second of your pathetic little existences, fearing the swatter like a common faeces-covered fly. I want you to tremble at the thought of SMUGPOL, or the fist of the international community which shall come down like a bus’ wheels onto your wretched little hides.”

The Minister of Education and Development could not be reached for comment on this story. Numerous reports of increased raids on nightclubs, raves, and other nightlife-based activities are coming in. Reports are also coming on the source of “Buzz,” but we are unable to confirm exact locations of origin. This is a developing story, so we will bring you more as it is revealed.

Last edited by Verona Beach on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I dared Verona Beach to give humanitarian aid to some refugees and he actually did it, the absolute mad man." -The Trultin Isles

NS Stats are a conspiracy

99% of all people on Nationstates would put this sentence in their sig. It you're part of the 15% who wouldn't, put this in your sig.

Proud member of The Western Isles! Join today!

San Montagna
Envoy

Democratic Socialists

Postby San Montagna » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm

San Montagna News Network
September 27th 2017

Benito Announces the Country will drive off Bhikkustani Refugees with Rubber Bullets
Benito Franco Announced This Morning that the Country will begin Driving off Bhikkustani Refugees from the Shores of San Montagna with Rubber Bullets, Which he announced during a press Conference, Saying:

"These Bloody Refugees have been resting on our Shores, just before the Line, with no intention to Leave, they are ruining the Beauty of our Nation's Shores and attempting to make it easier for SHOCK to reach the Mainland, well, now we've had Enough, the Order Has been Given to Begin Driving off those Pesky Bhikkustani scum with Rubber Bullets until they get back into their boats and leave our beautiful Shores, which they are Ruining." He announced to an Applause. This Decision is following a large Crisis on the Shores of San montagna, where Bikkhustani Refugees are pilling up in Droves, Refusing to Leave, But also unable to cross a designated line, and if they do the Armed Forces have authorisation to gun them down.

Army General Antonino Primo also announced: "Once they leave, we are placing Mines on the Beach to make sure they never come back, and, to those Pesky Human rights activists, don't worry, there will be bloody signs informing those Refugees. more Importantly However, these mines are also the first line of defence against the Pesky MSTO, which is in Position to invade our peace Loving Country."

Trending

Scientist commence study on rare San Montagnan animal
Cookie Crisp Cereal Banned
Last edited by San Montagna on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:34 pm

September 28th, 2017

Jrm Hangma apologizes while missile strikes Volkegoth!

Jrm Hangma apologized to Volkegoth shortly before the 'incident'.

NEW LIBANG

Jrm Hangma briefly apologized to Volkegoth for the 'September 21st incident' when she declared 'war on terror' and ordered missile strikes launched from Volkegoth waters into outskirts of Yul, Kachee Sultanate.

But then her apology was for null as news of a Thunderbolt cruise missile hitting Grohand, Volkegoth became the hot topic immediately. Reports of at least 20 civilian deaths from the shocking missile strike surfaced as the Hangma and New Libang denied ordering the missile strike.

The missile was apparently fired from the Kumal and people in Athara Magarat are also baffled as how this happened. The military has said that they are calling back the the crew of Kumal for court-martial.

Details about the incident have been scarce so far and we expect the Volkegoth media to provide more information on this topic. Theories on social media have ranged from possible SHOCK hijacking to government-planned attacks to defective missile to even supernatural. But what remains is that a huge diplomatic incident seems to have just started.

And my IC constitution

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 pm

KW RADIO: BOMB GOES OFF IN SUPREME COURT
lisu, Kulyoď Weekly | G-2017-09-27/L-478-3-07
The following content is a transcript of KW's radio programme announcing news of the Supreme Court Bombing
Code: Select all
"...insofar as we know. Of course, there may be yet more factors in pl..."

Door opens, footsteps approaching

"lisu."
"oa|ta"
"dom|forg|pir wix|jul|ulm|ta. lir kaz|kail|duab|ta."

Papers shuffle, footsteps receding, door closes, throat clearing noises

"This just in. A bomb has exploded inside the Supreme Court as justices were convening to decide whether to uphold or strike down the President-Dictator's extension of the state of emergency. The government has stated that the area is being cordoned off and an LNR CT unit is being deployed to the situation. Casualties are unknown at this time. Residents of mesquvv have been advised to stay within their abodes until the situation is under control. No further information to report; we will keep you updated as this story develops."

"...Fuck."
Last edited by Linaviar on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:24 am

September 28th, 2017

AssemBlaze to continue their tour

Soma spoke to the press on the behalf of her group upon arriving in Coventry.

COVENTRY

Despite rumors that the multinational band AssemBlaze were considering postponing their 'Isles Debut Tour - 2017', the co-ed music group arrived in Coventry, Covonant on Wednesday. The twelve member group based in New Libang, started their tour from and stayed in Miklania for almost a month. Despite initial plans for not staying in Miklania for more than a week, the group furthered their stay there after Athara Magarat was revealed to be hit hard from the Ticking Flu and their attempts to get permission to perform in San Montagna were either denied.

In Miklania, AssemBlaze had made 'orphanages' their target and visited several orphanages including the ones in Merriweather Hall in St. Michaels, the Dry Bones Pavilion near Rye, and the Goffstown Arena. During their month long stay in the predominately Catholic nation, the group had also released their new song 'Mandela Effect' about false memories and identity crisis.

"After Covonant, we will be going to Ipland where Eslen [Frenlot; keyboardist/singer/songwriter] is from." Soma spoke to the paparazzi upon the band's arrival at Coventry. The band said they would be not considering performing in Ventlimer and Volkegoth due to 'various reasons they didn't want to state'. "We learned many things in our month-long stay in Miklania [which as you all know had to be delayed due to various reasons]. We had great time doing that new MV [music video] while seeing the children in orphanages smile. And this time, we will raising our voices not only for homeless kids but also for homeless refugee families, victims of the Ticking Flu and terror attacks and all the voiceless people. We will be doing concerts, visits to special places and MVs to prove ourselves."

Last edited by Athara Magarat on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Lardingo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lardingo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:34 am

Lardingo Record
Beholden To No Power

Suspect Arrested In Connection To Attack On Chief Executive, Has Connections To SHOCK

September 28th, 2017
Crystal City, Lardingo

Today DOLE announced that it had arrested a man who is suspected to be related with the recent attack on the Chief Executive and members of COA. Relatives of the suspect have reached out to DOLE and requested that the suspect's identify not be revealed, because they fear retribution from angry citizens. According to DOLE, the suspect is a refugee from Bhikkustan. He is a legal resident and was going through the citizenship process at the time of his arrest. Authorities say the suspect attempted to disable the security cameras on the sixth floor of Executive 3, the floor from which he carried out his attack, but botched it up. DOLE and local police where able to retrieve footage from the cameras and identify the shooter. DOLE used a new experimental face recognition system it has recently developed, and was able to identify the shooter in the Bhikkustan refugee database. The suspect was arrested at his home.

The suspect allegedly told police that he was a supporter of SOAR, and one of the reasons he attacked Executive 1 was to get revenge for the plight of his fellow refugees.

Vice Executive Harrison has announced that one of the aids shot during the attack has died of complications from her wounds. Chief Executive Renolds, according to the Vice Executive, is recovering well expects to be released from the hospital in five days.

Police search a home, most likely the suspect's. The house is located in the outskirts of Crystal City, near the border of Jes.
Last edited by Lardingo on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:22 pm

September 28, 2017
The New Shanowinn Telegraph
Termon, Shanowinn

The New Shanowinn Telegraph
The Better Telegraph

Political Sympathies Shift As Special Election Looms

Only two days remain until the October 1st special emergency election will take place across Shanowinn. Excitement is the order of the day leading up to the first of October, as many Owinns see this as a crucial stepping stone to rebuilding the nation.

The front runner appears to be New Shanowinn Republican Party (NSRP) candidate Karolíne Catrín Faoláin. She has vowed to rebuild Shanowinn as a Republic, not an Ahernry, along with her fellow majority NSRP supporters.

Although Faoláin enjoys an apparent lead, the Traditional Ahernry Party (TAP) has gained popularity in past weeks. A Telegraph poll from Tuesday, September 26th shows that the TAP rose by an impressive 5%, going from 30% to 35%.

Analysts conclude that a large portion of undecided voters have chosen to support the TAP. At the same time, the NSRP dropped by one percent, with some NSRP party members changing allegiance to the Ahernric Party.

Although the Highland Republic is not participating in the election, polls in that region suggest that numerous Highlanders would hypothetically vote for Karolíne Faoláin if they were allowed to do so. One anonymous Highlander expressed his belief that her and her republic would be more likely to respect the Highlands. Still, they also claimed that they would prefer the Highland Republic to remain independent, even if Shanowinn abolished the Ahernry.
I don't use NS stats; I use factbooks

Pro: whiskey
Anti: running out of whiskey

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates