NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles News

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Verona Beach
Envoy

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Verona Beach » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:39 pm

The meeting room that the negotiations took place in.
Negotiation in Victoria Ends Communist Insurgency in San Jimenez

Verona Beach- Two days ago, delegates from San Jimenez and the communist nation of Rooenan reached an agreement after a while of calm and light talks in our own Victoria. This is a change from the first round of talks, which were characterized by heavy ideological arguments and a lack of progress and compromise. The second conference was categorized with being short and friendly, with progress made extremely quickly. The terms of the agreement, as reported by the Gran Teran Gazette, are as follows:

-San Jimenez will halt further military action against the SLSJ and the SLSJ organization will be disbanded

-All soldiers and citizens of the SLSJ are pardoned from crimes committed against the government

-Leaders of the SLSJ will be put on trial for war crimes that will be overseen by representatives of Rooenan

-Pardoned members of the SLSJ may receive access to travel to Rooenan and are also liable for Jimenean citizenship through integration programs

6/18/17
"I dared Verona Beach to give humanitarian aid to some refugees and he actually did it, the absolute mad man." -The Trultin Isles

NS Stats are a conspiracy

99% of all people on Nationstates would put this sentence in their sig. It you're part of the 15% who wouldn't, put this in your sig.

Proud member of The Western Isles! Join today!

Heddwich
Secretary

Founded: Sep 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Heddwich » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:42 pm

6/18/17
Western News Outlet
Western Heddwich

Heddwich Reptile Trade Growth!

With a growing interest in reptiles among the populace of Heddwich, Lizard and Snake sales have more than tripled over the last thirty years. With this explosion in reptiles and exotic animals, reptiles morphs have been popping up all around the nation.
Many morphs are focused on either smaller, beginner snakes or lizards. With almost 40 different morphs for the Eastern Bearded Dragon alone the breeding community is having it's golden age with the explosion of reptile pets. Grand Mayor Jason Reed has even partaken in this recent trend, buying a snow white Heddwiakian Python (Burmese Python) and a South Monitor (Egyptian Monitor). This growth has been excellent for the struggling Heddwich economy as they will soon begin the exports of reptiles to nations around the world. Along with this great growth comes some unwanted consequences, the native population of Heddwichian native reptiles has taken a severe hit. New regulations are being drafted up to protect the wildlife from total wild extinction.

Multi-Caliber Hunting Rifle Release

After some apprehension to release the firearm. Safari Arms have released a new hunting rifle. The rifle initially comes in .500 Nitro (the biggest caliber legal in Heddwich) and can accept caliber conversion kits which are essentially small tubes but in the break of the rifle that allow for the fire of smaller cartridges. This rifle is hoped to see huge success as hunting is the biggest past time and way most men put food on their table. These rifles will be classified under the unrestricted class B of the Heddwikian firearms categories. The firearms offer a reliable and accurate rifle at the lowest possible price for around 721 Hedd Dollars street price.

San Jimenez
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Gran Teran Gazette Volume 19.

Postby San Jimenez » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Military Aid Arrives In Maladium After The SLSJ Surrenders

A damaged town in Maladium Island after SLSJ conflict.

After a successful round of peace talks in Verona Beach, the SLSJ laid down their arms and San Jimenez would no longer perform any action against the group. It was reported that roughly 80% of former SLSJ members have left to Rooenan and now reside there. The rest of the estimated 20% former members have remained on Maladium Island or moved to the mainland of San Jimenez. Integration programs across the country are helping former SLSJ members find a new life in San Jimenez and to integrate them into Jimenean culture. President Canone has confirmed the deployment of military aid in Maladium to provide essentials to Maladium citizens and even some former SLSJ members that have resworn allegiance to San Jimenez. President Canone has also confirmed the reconstruction of the island and military soldiers have been deployed to first reconstruct schools and hospitals as the main priority. Another bill signed forbids businesses from denying former SLSJ members a job because of their former status. The former SLSJ leaders have been taken into custody and are currently awaiting trial and are expected to receive life in prison. President Canone is expected to visit Maladium Island tomorrow and address the people who remain there.
......... ☨ The Republic of San Jimenez ☨ .........
...| Overview | Archive | Telegram |...
Proud to be a nation of The Western Isles.

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm

June 19, 2017
Coventry, Covonant

CBC Headlines
  • President Gaius Dissolves Consul, Prime Minister Marl gave final speech in Consul
  • Opposition Leader sanctions the new union of Bhikkustan and New Aapelistan, Prime Minister Marl raises concerns
  • C6 scolds Athara Magarat for misscommunication, Covonant to relax statement towards Vancouvia
  • State Visit of Travencia ends with proposed development between Covonant and Travencia

President Gaius Dissolves Consul, Prime Minister Marl gave final speech in Consul

In carrying out his ceremonial duties as President, President of the Union of Covonant Seneca Gaius acting on advise of the Prime Minister following the Charter of Covonant, the Consul was dissolved today effectively placing the country further in its election mode. In his statement to the Consul President Gaius thanked the government and opposition for leading the country through difficult and not so difficult times. He also praised the Imperatus Marl led government for the work they had done over the 5 years of the government's life and the Crassus Gais led opposition for being resilient and vocal on critical issues.

As it is in my role as President, my duty in government is limited and my attendance to the Consul is rare. I am however pleased that Covonant has continued on its path of stability over the 5 years of the government. I would like to thank my government and the opposition for their steadfast work in contributing to national development and to Covonant's place in the region. Though the five years was tumultuous at times, we have maintained our stability and focus on representing the people of Covonant. I am pleased with the work of both the government and the opposition, though at times their views on issues led to great national divide both were willing to work effervescently to bring back the sense of unity and fraternity that this nation prides itself on.

In his final speech to the Consul before the dissolving of his government, Prime Minister Marl thanked his administration for the great service they had given to the country over the 5 years and expects nothing less when they return in government in the next two weeks.

We survived (laugh from government officials). I am pleased to have served this country in the capacity of Prime Minister for the past five years. I am also pleased to have served this country alongside patriotic men and women who made up my administration. We have brought in many great works and programmes not just for Covonant but for the region as well which has seen Covonant taking a bold stance to ensuring regional peace and stability for the benefit of Covonant and our allies. I can assure that when we return to government in the next two weeks (laugh from the opposition members) we will give nothing less of our time and service as we have done over the course of these five years

Opposition Leader Crassus Gais applauded the government for their service to leading the country but expressed that Covonantians have had it with their policies of foreign intervention and a move from focusing on domestic issues.

One can't deny that this government has done a fairly remarkable job and keeping our Union stable and consistent. The government however have fallen short on ensuring that Covonantians can feel safe in their own country. With this government's move and will to make Covonant intertwine in regional and foreign affairs, we have seen less importance made concerning domestic issues. Under this government we have seen the worst terrorist attacks take place on Covonantian soil and here in the heart of Covonant, our capital Coventry. So while I thank the government, I must say that the average Covonantian is tired of the policies, and when my party is asked to form the next government, we will ensure that we listen to our electorates, not foreign leaders.

Following the final speech of both government leaders, the President declared the government dissolved.

On acting on the advise of the Most Honourable Imperatus Marl, Prime Minister and acting in accordance with the Charter of the Union section 5, sub section 3, I hereby declare this government dissolved.

The country's major political parties will be looking to engage in campaign mode as they look to their electorates to give them power to lead the country from Coventry. The CBC will be sure to bring all the election news has it occurs.

Opposition Leader sanctions the new union of Bhikkustan and New Aapelistan, Prime Minister Marl raises concerns

With recent news of Bhikkustan and New Aapelistan forming a union, Covonantian leaders have met the news with surprise with few in government condemning and sanctioning the move. Speaking after the dissolving of Parliament, Opposition Leader Crassus Gais condemned the new union where he expressed his administration will not recognize them.

This is a travesty. Two Communist state have the galls to come together. Democratic societies should see that as a threat to our survival and sovereignty. The union should be sanctioned and not recognized. We see occurrence like these happen because of ineffective leadership that failed to contain imperialist regimes. Covonant will not tolerate them under my administration

Prime Minister Marl too have condemned the move calling it a brazen move of imperialism. He express concern of the move but will not be too reactive in sanctioning them. He declined on whether Covonant will recognize the new union.

It is a open move of imperialism, one which Covonant does not support. We condemned the union. Sanctioning it might be too reactive as we know not much of what this union may bring and the ulterior motives behind it. We have our presence in the Southern Seas and we have both Bhikkustan and New Aapelistan contained by our naval forces. So we are concerned and we are looking to see what comes of this. I am not going to be rash and declare whether we will recognize the union or not. I first will have to gain some more briefing on what threats this union could pose not only to Covonant but our allies and partners as well.

Prime Minister Marl expressed that such will have to be done after the election as his hands are tied.

There is not much I can do concerning the matter unless it involves taking military action, but what would we be fighting for so the most pragmatic act I can take is watch to see what unfolds and depending on the election results and when a new government is formed will we be in a position to act

C6 scolds Athara Magarat for misscommunication, Covonant to relax statement towards Vancouvia

The Coalition of Six (C6) is calling on the Athara Magarati government to prevent miscommunication with the alliance. This comes about following recent revelations that former Athara Magarati Defense Minister Mijas Bagale had approved request from Vancouvia to conduct drone strikes in the country, which led to Covonant leading the C6 to move against the act. Today Defense Minister Batiatus Sula expressed that the C6 is disappointed with the Athara Magarati officials moves in preventing such occurrence. He is making it clear such things gives the C6 a bad image when intelligence is faulty.

The C6 is upset at the miscommunication. These things must never occur. What that could have done would have seen a war occur because of faulty intelligence. The Athara Magarati government and intelligence service must ensure it doesn't happen again. It sets a bad image for the alliance. I along side the Secretary General have convened these views to the Athara Magarati leader and C6 representative.

Minister Sula expressed that the C6 will retract their statement condemning Vancouvia and will look to work with the Athara Magaratis and Vancouvians in dismantling terrorist groups. He also noted that Covonant will lessen its stance on Vancouvia following the fallout between Coventry and Vesuvius.

The C6 will retract from our statement of seeing Vancouvia as an aggressive power and will instead move to work with both the Athara Magaratis and the Vancouvians in rooting out terrorist groups as Covonant and other C6 member states deal with terrorism and have a vested interest in seeing them dismantled. Covonant will also lessen our stance towards Vancouvia and will cooperate with them as they conduct military action close to Covonant. It was a misunderstanding and we are willing to cooperate and work with the Vancouvians as we understand that to fight terrorism will take a united front.

State Visit of Travencia ends with proposed development between Covonant and Travencia

The week long state visit of Travencia to Covonant ended late last night with a banquet held at the Palatine Manor where both leaders expressed their views on the visit and provided details of matters discussed. Prime Minister Imperatus Marl lauded the visit as a success strengthening the relation between Covonant and its western neighbour Travencia. He hinted at both countries moving in an immediate stage of the building of a channel tunnel linking both countries.

I am pleased that our neighbours and friends from the west could have joined us here is Coventry. The President and Vice President and I held meaningful bilateral talks that spanned trade, investment, greater cohesion as CU members and military deals which will be revealed over the coming days once both our respective departments have finalised those talks and what we have agreed on. What we have however agreed on as an immediate collaborative project will be the Cooperative Channel Project.

Prime Minister Marl expressed that Travencians are not restricted from visiting Covonant and the Channel Project will be sure to ensure travel to Covonant is provided by another medium.

Travencians are free to travel to Covonant provided they have a cooperative passport. What this channel project will however do is provide another medium at which Travencians travel to Covonant and Covonantians travel to Travencia. This is first in the region and it will be a collaborative project funded by both the Travencian and Covonantian government

With the Travencian leaders gone and election to take place in the next two week, many are asking will the proposals continue in the event of a change in government. CBC political Correspondent Mikael Stokes expressed that he doesn't see any major changes to the agreement.

I think both countries have a special relationship. Travencia needs Covonant and Covonant needs Travencia especially seeing the Covonant's neighbour to the south Ventlimer is not too pleased with Coventry policy makers. So regardless who is in power I don't see any major changes to their agreement. I think Travencia knows that they rely on Covonant and would want to maintain that essential relationship which is why they requested the Opposition leader be involved in the state visit which is something unheard of. I don't think that that was coincidental. They know that this election could go both ways and its a calculated move to ensure that at the end of the day regardless who is in power, you get what you have invested time and money in seeing developed.

DO REMEMBER YOU ARE WITH THE CBC

Reporter: Likalia Reid
Last edited by Covonant on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm

6/19/2017
¥1.00

Covonant Tunnel Project Confirmed

Travencia City: Upon returning from his state visit to neighboring Covonant this evening, president Fredo McMurray took a chance to address the flurry of questions being asked about a long rumored Tunnel Link to its eastern neighbor. To the great surprise of many, the initial announcement came as a surprising shock to many in Travencia. Confirmation that it was indeed true, but clarification came when McMurray emphasized that authorities on both sides have only agreed to study the proposals of a tunnel link between them. No announcement has been made about design, placement, feasibility or cost.

"What is the truth about our Cooperative Tunnel idea, is the fact that departments and authorities from both nations who would have jurisdiction in the project have started to collaborate and cooperate with one another about starting to get a serious proposal and plan together for it. Its the logical next step an idea takes on its journey to becoming reality."

The president dodged questions from the media whatever or not the project would be viable with a change of leadership in neighboring Covonant, especially with a possibility that there's a slim chance it may exit the CU and thus be outside the common transit area, meaning the installation of border control for both sides. Another reported brought up whatever or not the project is even worth whatever its cost may be, considering that there is currently already an abundance of transit options via air and sea for people and goods to make their way back and forth. He delivered one final statement before exiting the news conference.

"I'm well aware the dynamic of relations with our good friends next door have been on everybody's minds lately. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Travencia and Covonant have a very long history of cooperation and friendship. One that has weathered numerous changes in governments and attitudes over the centuries. I can't say I see that changing anytime soon, regardless of what the future brings. There's precedence in the past for easier movement of citizens between our nations, and reduced tariffs of each others goods and services. Both of our nations being in the CU enabled a much more rapid and complete integration of our nations and the free movement and exchange of people to work, study and live as well as free trade of goods and services. While I can't say for certain whatever or not Covonant would continue these beneficial policies if our nation was debating whatever to leave the union, I can say that I will stake considerable political capital in attempting to continue these things in the future, even if we have to renegotiate everything from scratch. Good neighbors continue good relations, regardless of change. Thank you for your questions, I've got to go"

Security Snafu: Travencian Security Agency Scandal

Before we begin here are the facts as we currently know them. A department head in charge of an intelligence branch who's mission is gathering covert intel about foreign governments has been sacked for standing up to calls to sack an employee that alleged the TSA had ample knowledge of the miscommunication within the government of Athara Magarat, while also with holding the fact from contacts within that government. That was only the start, as the conversation started to ignite on social media the employee in question further fueled the fires of speculation, letting the rumor mill run rampant by hinting at a general reluctance by that government to gather intelligence and information about possible terrorist groups with either origins or operations within its own borders.

By Monday morning an emergency session of the joint chiefs of staff was called to order, which was held secretly behind closed doors with minimal coverage. Even with such precautions, it wasn't long before certain information regarding what was being talked about would come to light. The Department head was fired on the spot after giving testimony that it was indeed true one of his employees had broken protocols and spoke about sensitive matters on such an open platform like social media. He had argued it wouldn't be right to fire someone without having to have been reprimanded before, noting the spotless record of his employees behavior prior to the incident.

What would later come to light, and suddenly become a scandal of its own right would be how little various other members of government departments had knowledge about this department's intelligence missions, and who exactly was getting the reports and briefings of their findings. The icing on the cake came when the department head confirmed rumors of intelligence cooperation with its Vancouvian counterparts, with only Navy Admiral Artie Daniels having knowledge about such cooperation and collaboration.

"It should come as no surprise that we will work together closely with nations similar to our own. If the roles were reversed, and Travencia fighting terrorists that attacked the homeland we would be very grateful for assistance and support from other nations in getting answers about who, where, what, why and how. If you asked me my opinion, I would say its the beginning of a very close foundation for closer ties and alliances."

The commission would erupt in a roar of conversation, with a major topic being whatever or not the actions were contradictory to any previous policies, agreements, and procedures. Athara Magarat is a member of the Cooperative Union, as well as being the same level in the Coalition of Six that Travencia would be if it were to join [associate members]. But by certain interpretations, technically it didn't violate any existing agreements but could potential complicate some future ones. Conservatives were quick to point out the duty nations have to one another in making the neighborhood safe, so citizens of stable nations wouldn't have to live in fear of whatever or not they'll be the victim of a brutal act of terrorism.

Federalists would later point out, and base their argument that Vancouvia has not only a similar style of governance, but share similar attitudes and values of core beliefs. Both are capitalistic stable democracies that seek to increase ties and connections with nations that share these traits. They also point out, Travencia as a nation is free to chart its own friendships and alliances regardless of those it has from various group memberships.

The commission dissolved itself with inconclusive findings, with the only real result being the firing of two TSA employee's assigned to an intelligence department. It refused to continue to debate the findings further, but failing to contain the information discovered and brought to light as a result. Unofficial media polls conducted after the news broke on the major networks found Travencian's generally have a positive opinion about Vancouvians, with a majority favoring closer friendship.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Soldier killed by rioter, Riots then crushed

6/19/17

A soldier, Captain David Juriens, was shot and killed by a protester. He was trying to help a protester who was injured in a fall. He was shot once in the head by a protester from the crowds, the wounds seemingly showing the shot came from a small handgun. After this, the command ordered the riots t be crushed, with was later met with approval from the Lord Protector. 15 civilians were killed, with 127 injured, 15 injured severely, and around 1250 estimated to be arrested. No soldiers were killed, but 37 were injured, 3 injured severely. All of those arrested were put into a temporary holding camp outside of Highrock to await trial.

A message from the Lord Protector
This riot was turning peaceful, with those less radical and those willing to compromise leaving the day before without judicial penalty. Captain Juriens of the Confederate Guard was trying to help a protester that bust upon her head from tripping on the sidewalk, during which a coward shot and killed the man. We dispersed the radicals, who will all be held on charges of conspiracy to murder a uniformed officer. This dark hour will pass, and the constitution will soon be changed for the better of the confederation.

Captain Juriens

Captain David Juriens (Right)

The Captain, 32, was a devote patriot. He served on the side of the Cornelis family during the Imperial Civil war. He had only recently finished his Imperial Guard term at the start of the war, but requested to serve longer. Afterwhich, he stayed as a Confederate Guard, a title he took just as serious. He was a ceremonial guard in Highrock at the time of the riot. He was a father of two daughters, and he loved them and his wife as much as he did his country. He will be greatly missed by his family and his fellow soldiers.

His wife Nelle (center), with two daughters Angela and Catherine (in purple), at the funeral of the Captain
Last edited by Jahe Davmwoem on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:30 am

June 20th, 2017

Gang-fight breaks out in the House of Representatives as the Hang was getting impeached

Hang: "Shameful times for our nation"

The Hang speaks as a motion to suspend him was called.

NEW LIBANG

In scenes uncommon for the Democratic Republic of Athara Magarat's normally sedate parliament, the suited politicians lashed out, pushed and shoved each other with some lawmakers even throwing chairs and injuring security officers as tensions ran high as the upper 50-member National Assembly passed the motion to suspend the Hang's powers for up to six months and the lower 100-member House of Representatives was expected to vote for the impeachment trials to begin.

In the event considered "the saddest day for Athara Magarat's fledgling multi-party democracy" by politicians and citizens alike, 35 out of 50 members of the powerful National Assembly voted to suspend the People's Party leader. The National Assembly accused the Hang of abusing his powers and making Athara Magarat "his own little authoritarian banana republic". They also blasted him for the recent fiasco in Batulechaur that nearly resulted in a war against Vancouvia; an incident which resulted in the death of two innocent Athara Magarati citizens from a Vancouvian drone strike, the resignation of the Minister of Defense and eight officials under him as well as the criticism of Athara Magarati government by the C6, the League and other alliances as well as allied nations such as Covonant for the "miscommunication". They accused him of dragging the nation into a political crisis and being inefficient to handle domestic terrorist problems.

The Hang was defiant to the National Assembly's accusations and stated that he did nothing wrong. "I may have committed errors as a Hang, but I have never committed any crime to face this suspension they are talking of. I have worked hard to ensure our democracy. I have worked with leaders from nations far and wide to bring Athara Magarat to global stage once again and I have tried my best to inspire the next generation of youths to give their best for their society they grew up in, nation whose soil they were born from and this beautiful world they can see."

Hang-supporting lawmakers trying to grab the Speaker's microphone did so in the hope of preventing her from calling a vote on the Hang's suspension-impeachment bill.

As soon as the Speaker of the Parliament announced the motion to be forwarded to be voted by the House of Representatives, chaos broke out in the parliament. People's Party lawmakers and others against the Hang's long suspension immediately tried to grab the Speaker's microphone to prevent her from calling the motion.

A House of Representatives member is seen hauling a chair in the tension in the parliament.

Meanwhile nearly 500 protesters gathered outside the parliamentary to support the populist Hang while an equal group of anti-Hang protesters chanted slogans against him labeling him an "idiotic dictator" who has brought nothing but misery in Athara Magarat. The New Libang Police Department and the Armed Police Force were mobilized to disperse the protesters and around 50 arrests were said to be made.

The Hang and the Speaker both called for restrain and the parliament was called for three days as heavily-armed security officials had to be brought in to maintain order. Four parliamentary security officers and seven lawmakers had to be hospitalized as chairs were hauled and fists and slaps were locked into one another.

In a late televised interview, the Hang claimed responsibility for the actions of his parliamentary members and rioters supporting him. He warned them not to repeat such actions again and obey the law at all costs. Asked if he would be suspended if the law demanded it, the Hang replied affirmatively.

"Frankly I am tired. So much has happened in these past few weeks. So many dramatic events; so many events that keep on piling sham upon our nation. Maybe I am no longer worthy of being called a Hang as these events keep on continue happening during my tenure."
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Samudera
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Samudera » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 am

20/06/2017
TERRORIST HIDEOUT BUSTED
80¢

Plan were found to disrupt the election

Danopura Sheriff Anton Charliyan after the terrorist hideout raids in Lake Tong

WEATHER
FORECAST

• BHINNEKA
    26°C, Raining ☔
  • DANOPURA
    24°C, Raining ☔
  • SRIPURA
    29°C, Cloudy ⛅
  • RUMPUT
    28°C, Raining ☔
  • REMBULAN
    29°C, Raining ☔

DANOPURA, NS, Antana News Agency - Densus 77 (Special Detachment 77) conducted raids against the suspected terrorist hideout location around Danopura floating home in Lake Tong, North Sanggar, last Monday. Originally, the terrorist planned to attack this friday General Election, disrupting the whole demoractic process and lingering fear that will affect much of people around the lake.

In the first raid, Densus 77 team caught two terrorist redhanded in Kampung Layang, near Danopura city. The two suspected terrorist, namely Abu Arham (29) and Ivan Rahmat (28), were preparing their homemade bombs when they got caught.

Not long after the first raid, another Densus 77 team raided another floating house in Lake Tong. Surprisingly, the suspected terrorists put up resistance against the Anti-Terrorist team.

Densus 77 team that had besieged the floating house shot five warning shots but the suspected terrorist ignored them. Suddenly someone emerge from the house and tried to attack the force with machete.

The team shot the terrorist several times until he is dead. Another terrorist emerge from the floating house with knifes were also immobilized by the team, resulting in their dead. The two slained terrorist are Abu Sofi and Abu Faiz, both lives in nearby city Sailendra.

Later in the morning, Danopura Sheriff Anton Charliyan confirmed there was raid last night in his jurisdiction.

There are four suspected terrorist that were involved in raids last night. Two were dead in-action, and the other two were brought to Bhinneka for further investigation.

Densus 77 found two active homemade-bomb, along with another dangerous explosives scattered around the house. Cellphone and laptops were confiscated for further investigation regarding this terrorist activity.

This was the first terrorist raids since last decade. Terrorist attack had lingered all over Samudera after the Presidential Palace received a bomb threat from unknown perperator last week. Chief of Police, Karyo Navina, said that the increased activity of terrorism in Samudera is resulted because of the upcoming election.

It's quite obvious that this terrorist aimed to wreck havoc upon Samudera by disrupting our democracy feast in the next General Election. We, the Police, will resolve all of this before the election. Additional personnel were sent across Samudera to guard the elections.

President Justuva Susanto said to the people that there is nothing to fear. The police will safeguards everything for the country's sake. General Election will be held according to the original schedule, no change relating to the election, with the additional police force as an exception.

Opposition leader, Kristova Jumhari, said that this is the leftist method to undermine the election process and stating that the current government isn't stable. His remark was met with ignorance for the most part, but his party supporter, PKB, cheered happily.

Next friday will be a tight race that will determined Samudera's path for the next five years. Don't forgot to participate, and chose wisely. One choice is substantial to the whole process.
Last edited by Samudera on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

Leetika
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Leetika » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:07 am

The Leetikan Daily Express

First high summer temperatures measured in Bivagan

June 20, 2017

Tuesday brought the first high summer temperatures measured in Bivagan, registering 25.1°C. The meteorologists warn a little worse weather for the week, however.

"This is the first time the Leetikan capital has measured temperatures over 25° this year, but similar temperatures have been measured elsewhere in the country,’ said meteorologist Stig Tallaksen of the Meteorological Institute of Bivagan said in an interview with LDN.

‘In the southern and eastern regions, the temperature will be just under 20° degrees from today and beyond, while the rest of the country is expecting more grey skies. The temperatures will be between 10° and 15° degrees.’ Tallaksen added.

While temperatures continue to climb with the arrival of the summer season, the institute said that Leetikans may have to wait until July for higher sun-bathing temperatures than that experienced today.

Heddwich
Secretary

Founded: Sep 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Heddwich » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:17 pm

6/19/17
Western News Outlet

Two New Service Cartridges

6.95x45 Diagram

After recent field reports coming in from Mayoral Forces reporting the low accuracy of the 6.8 SPC cartridge a few months back. The government commissioned a team of firearm specialists to come up with a completely different cartridge in 6mm that will increase accuracy and still maintain it's deadly nature. The requirements for this new Cartridge were the following: The cartridge must be as compatible with the 6.8 mag and BCG as possible, the cartridge must be original. With this the scientists got to work and quickly came up with the 6.40x45 cartridge, the unique feature of this cartridge is the flechette design for increase accuracy and penetration. The only new parts needed to function in a current service rifle is a different barrel everything else is compatible. The only downside to this cartridge is the size when put in a 6.8 Magazine, the cartridge is slightly bigger and can only fit 25 rounds in an original 28 round 6.8 mag. This cartridge is to be put into service by Mayoral Forces effective immediately.

With the new service rifle cartridge overhaul comes a larger caliber overhaul. The .308 used by the Mayoral Forces simply didn't offer enough punch and new cartridges have been looked into to increase power. The .450 Bushmaster has been heavily considered but is yet to be tested.

Lost hunter recently found!

Thomas Granger, an avid hunter and community staple in the small town of Oxwood was reported missing two days ago. He was reported to have gone out on a routine hunt for heddwikian salamanders -which is popularly hunted in eastern Heddwich- when e was gone for a little over a week. Thomas's family members got worried and called the local sheriffs office. Due to the untamed wilderness of eastern Heddwich there was little chance of his survival or anyone ever finding his remains but they launched a county wide search party anyways. After two days of searching the jungles surrounding Oxwood the team gave up, they had already endured two injured searchers and one in critical condition from a falling out of a tree. On the way back to the local police office one man spotted Thomas strolling out of the woods in decent physical condition. The officers quickly took him into custody and brought him to a doctor. One I the sheriffs reports of Thomas mumbling about voices and monsters he heard while in the jungle, he claims he was under attack by something unknown and small tribal men. Thomas is perfectly fine now and forgets mentioning such things. This only leaves one question... What lives in the Eastern Oxwood jungles?

Kobnia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobnia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:54 pm

2017-06-20

People's Ministry of Foreign Affairs Building, Akutya

KOBNOPOL NEWS AGENCY

KOBNIA WELCOMES EASTERN UNION OF SOCIALIST REPUBLICS

AKUTYA - The People's Foreign Ministry released a statement of the recent formation of the Eastern Union of Socialist Republics, a federation of the former People's Republic of Bhikkustan and the United Socialist Republics of New Aapelistan. a foreign ministry spokesperson was quoted as saying "This lays the foundation of a strong Socialist future in the Eastern part of the region. The foundation of the EUSR shows the bright future and endless possibilities for cooperation that exist in the Eastern Western Isles. The People's Republic of Kobnia looks forward to working with the EUSR in a spirit of mutual friendship and advantage.

The People's Ministry has neglected to mention if Kobnia would be interested in participating in the future. Kobnian membership would create a bridge between the two federal member states, as it shares a maritime border with both. Seeking membership would not be out of the realm of possibility, as Gen. Ko Lan Dur is seen as a strong Regionalist. Since the downfall of the Ko Mirga Dynasty, Kobnia has increased its participation in greater regional affairs. This has been especially pronounced with fellow Communist and Socialist nations in the region.

The People's Republic of Kobnia is currently a member of the Organization of Communist Nations in the Western Isles (OCWI) along with the People's Republic of Velah. General Ko Lan has announced that he will be making a state visit to Caligangrad, the Velahi capital, in the near future. The future of the OCWI will undoubtedly be among the topics of discussion at the visit as well as the future of Velahi-Kobnian relations.
Last edited by Kobnia on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
People's Republic of Kobnia
Proud Member of The Western Isles

Michigonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Michigonia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Nuclear Plant Set to Open, Protester Camp Grows
Protesters began gathering Sunday outside the Mortonshire plant.

Trending Stories

• G4 Debate Divides
    Liberal Party
  • Suburban Poverty
    Escalates in Michigonia
  • Gordi Corner Stores
    to Sell Marijuana
  • Opinion: Why Conservatives
    Will Gain in Special Election
Mortonshire, Hillsbora- Michigonia's first nuclear power plant, the Mortonshire Nuclear Power Plant, is scheduled to begin generating power this week, but its imminent commencement has already generated plenty of controversy in the southern foothills of Hillsbora. Located 30 km north of the border with Agadar, the OCES-operated plant will generate about 1800 MWe, which is as much output as any single power plant in the region. Protesters began to gather outside the gates of the plant shortly after the opening date was announced. As many as 2,500 people filled the camp overnight on Monday.

Construction on the Mortonshire plant began in 2014 after voters in Hillsbora narrowly approved a referendum to allow construction of nuclear plants within the state. Much of the controversy stems from the fact that the electricity from the plant will be shared on the entire Michigonian power grid. In 2015, The Michigonian government signed an energy purchase agreement with the privately-held Hillsbora Energy Consortium, purchasing the rights to 70% of the annual output, and sharing the operating costs of the Mortonshire plant.

Opposition lawmakers in Hillsbora's state parliament have tried to erect legal roadblocks to the construction and operation. One successful attempt came in 2015 when construction was halted after the local government in Mortonshire refused to renew the building permits. Then, after a 4 month legal battle, a Hillsbora state court ordered the issuance of the permits, allowing construction to continue.

The protests have largely been peaceful, however on Monday, 6 people were arrested by local police for disorderly conduct, after someone threw a glass bottle at a security contractor.

Rooenan
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rooenan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:53 am

June 21st, 2017
Revolutionary Rooenanian News
Rooenan, Nationwide

War Hawks advocating for the continuation of the conflict

Peace Acheived!

Several days ago the conflict between the SLSJ and Jimenean Military came to an end. Since then thousands of SLSJ fighters have been evacuated to Rooenan and are now integrating into their new home. However not all is well. The people of Rooenan have expressed mixed feelings about the development of the situation. Most approve of the result of the peace talks, saying that Rooenanian intervention has succeeded in preventing the persecution of foreign comrades. There have been calls from several communes for further involvement in the affairs of foreign nations to protect the international working class. Others are critical, claiming that Rooenan has gone soft. Those of this opinion point to the imprisonment of SLSJ leaders as an example of the incompetence of the Foreign Assembly to protect the proletariat through diplomatic means. Protests have broken out across the nation, expressing solidarity with the leaders of the SLSJ. During these protests former SLSJ members have been seen delivering adresses to large crowds encouraging Rooenan to abandon diplomacy with the Jimenean government. This is unlikely to happen however, as the majority of the Central Congress is in favor of the current deal with San Jimenez.

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:17 am

VELAHI CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY

June 21, 2017

Premier Abdulaziz Inoyatov

Preparations are underway for the first state visit of General Ko Lan Dur, Secretary of the Kobnian Communist Party, Member of the Supreme Politburo and Chairman of the Military Council of Kobnia to Velah, where he will be meeting Comrade Lev Verdiyev and other senior party and state leaders in the capital city. The two revolutionary leaders were scheduled to meet earlier this year, however due to time constraints, the meeting failed to push through.

The meeting will be the first between the two leaders, both assuming the leadership of their respective countries only this year.

Premier Abdulaziz Inoyatov said that the two leaders will be discussing a "multitude of matters concerning Velah and Kobnia". Insiders say that the two communist countries are moving towards closer military cooperation, which party leaders such as Kabul Khodiev, Vice Chairman of the National Defense Commission and 3rd ranking member of Presidium of the Politburo.

Inoyatov also said Comrades Verdiyev and Ko Lan Dur will also be discussing the future of the Organization of Communist nations in the Western Isles, or OCWI. Discussions will be against the backdrop of the newly established Eastern Union of Socialist Republics, a federation of the former People's Republic of Bhikkustan and the United Socialist Republics of New Aapelistan.

The premier welcomed the formation of the EUSR, saying that "socialists and communists" had to stand together to provide a stabilizing force i the region. He however stopped short of saying whether the People's Democratic Republic would be interested in joining the EUSR, instead saying that the party and the government hope the Union will be a partner of the People's Democratic Republic in the future.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am

Prisoners from riots await trial

6/21/17

The 1000 of the 1250 prisoners arrested after the riots are all being held in humane conditions outside Highrock in a camp. They are being held there due to prison overcrowding. 100 more are in local Highrock jails, while 150 were cleared of all charges. The 1100 being held are all held on the charge of conspiracy to murder a uniformed officer. While defense attorneys are begging the court to narrow down that charge to the one who fired the shot, and charge the rest with reckless blocking of infrastructure, a charge that usually ends up with a fine. More will be known when the trial starts.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 am

Pro-Democracy Protests in Belle Ilse en Terre violently squashed

In a stunning turn of events last week, pro-Democracy protesters were shot and killed by Knights during a scuffle between extremists and the former. The United Estates has remained quiet on the matter until Democratic Party Council member Nelly Schumacher denounced the government of Belle Ilse en Terre for such a heavy-handed response against otherwise peaceful protesters, stating "It's a shame that extremists attempted to hijack a peaceful protest to bring democracy to such a backwards nation such as [their's] but the response the Knights gave were far out of line for any police force and I will work diligently within the National Congress to properly punish those responsible."

In addition, KuSP leader Stuart Oliver denounced Jean Lorraine's actions as "counter-productive to the goals of the revolution" and "another brand of shame to both Communists and Socialists everywhere who fight for the revolution in peaceful ways."

Cooperative Union prospects put on hold for massive delegate pull-out from Lower Kaelectia

At the turn of June, following the April referendum that resulted in a 84% majority of citizens voting in favor of the UE joining the CU, the Socialist government of the Estate of Lower Kaelectia withdrew 16 of their delegates from the Council for "concerns of widespread insubordination from [them]". The Supreme Court has slammed the Estate of Lower Kaelectia for unconstitutionally violating the right of any delegate to vote as they wish within the Council as adherent to policies established by their home legislature, which at the time, Lower Kaelectia had made no restrictions on voting. The previously scheduled primary for Lower Kaelectia was changed to a full election. Without Lower Kaelectia being able to vote properly, the National Congress has requested a moratorium on the summon delivered by the CU Select Committee on Admission.

United Estates Navy seeking Aircraft Carrier

In a May report by the Naval Warfare Department's Mission Statement for the near-future, the Navy has noted that "an aircraft carrier, capable of Catapult-assisted Takeoff but Arrested Recovery (CATOBAR) operations with a range compatible with the Naval Warfare Department's Early 21st Century Mission of securing human rights and freedoms compliant to Dormill-Stiuraian interests within the Mesder Sea and Western Argus, would be invaluable for the continuation and future success of the mission of the Navy." Without the capital or time to produce such a warship for the United Estates, the Naval Warfare Department has considered procurement from another nation, a motion the National Congress has agreed with by adjusting the Navy's budget to acquire and maintain such a ship. The Miklanian Stormkeeper-class and the Svlabardian Egersund-class being of particular interest for the Navy.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Greater Hamland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Hamland » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm

6/21/17
Hamland Journal
Greater Hamland

Democratic Rebellion Defeated

[Ham City] Once more the grand army of Greater Hamland quieted a group of rebels. The GHDA, or Greater Hamland Democracy Alliance, had started a rebellion in the capital city of Greater Hamland. The group attempted to start a rebellion to overthrow the dictatorship, and establish a democracy in Greater Hamland. This is the 4th rebellion this month, 2 having been attempting to restore the monarchy, and 2 to establish a democracy. The rebellion caused millions of pesos in damages, and resulted in the deaths of 21 councilmen, but failed before the dictator was harmed.

San Jimenez
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Gran Teran Gazette Volume 20.

Postby San Jimenez » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 pm

President Canone Visits Maladium Island After War on The SLSJ Comes To An End

People gather as President Canone Gives Statement in Maladium Island.

The Congressional Branch debates the issue of Abortion Bills
EUSR formation recognition in debate in The Congressional Branch
Charity money raised from churches in San Jimenez has been
delivered to Dragao do Mar to be distributed to flood victims

Tornado sirens have officially been established in every Jimenean city

This morning, President Canone arrived in Maladium Island to address the people there as well as the entire nation. The president was accompanied by the National Guard and was escorted to the provisional state capital of Maladium Island. A large crowd gathered in the capital to heat the statement of President Canone. Here is what was said:

Citizens of Maladium Island, citizens of San Jimenez, I come before you today to address the conflict that tore this nation in half and divided an entire people. The conflict has taken numerous lives on both sides of the war, capitalist, and communist. But now that war is over and the death is done, we may live together in peace. A few days ago, barbed wire and battle lines separated our two people. Now, there is no dividing line. We are one and undivided. Let us join together as brothers and sisters of San Jimenez. Let us welcome and embrace each other as countrymen and no longer as enemies. We all live under the same flag, we all live under the same sky, and we all bleed the same color. We are may no longer classify each other as communist or capitalist but, we may classify each other as Jimenean! I applaud the former members of the SLSJ who have chosen to remain here and participate in the reconstruction of Maladium Island and San Jimenez and who have chosen to adapt and live in a free and democratic nation. Let us mark this day, not as a day when a people were conquered, but a day when a war was conquered and peace was achieved. We are brothers and sister undivided! Thank you!

Various politicians criticized him for the bold move and his choice to pardon the former SLSJ members. The protests occurring in Rooenan claiming solidarity with the former SLSJ leaders has raised attention from many in San Jimenez. The military is to remain in Maladium Island until it is dismissed under the confirmation of the current governor of Maladium Island. Parades have also been scheduled throughout the country to celebrate the conclusion of the war against the SLSJ. A new peaceful era is among San Jimenez and President Canone is expected to serve to maintain this fact.
......... ☨ The Republic of San Jimenez ☨ .........
...| Overview | Archive | Telegram |...
Proud to be a nation of The Western Isles.

West Suomi
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Suomi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 am

22 June 2017
Messejana, Dragao do Mar

West Suomi aids Dragao do Mar after crisis

West Suomi has extended a helping hand to Dragao do Mar after severe flooding in the city of Messejana wrecked many houses, made residents disappear and even made some residents die.

West Suomi has sent humanitarian aid such as food, water, doctors and rescue personnel to help the people affected by the flood recover.

As West Suomi and Dragao do Mar are both in the CU, it isn't surprising that Suomi helped Dragao do Mar recover from the flood.

Many citizens of Dragao do Mar and West Suomi have applauded the kind gesture.

That's all for the news today, tune in soon for more news on West Suomi and The Western Isles.
Have a great day.

Article written by Emma Lovett
Proud member of The Western Isles.
President: Jari Laaksonen (Jeyzor)
Capital city: Blue Waters

RPs I am currently in:
TWI News (The Western Isles News)
The Cooperative Union
TWItter (The Western Isles Twitter)
Iram of the Pillars

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 pm

VELAHI CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY

June 23, 2017

At 12:29 ET, the People's Democratic Republic of Velah successfully launched a new long range ballistic missile developed by and for the use of the Velahi People's Army Rocket Force, from the State Space Research Satellite Facility in the province of Shahrisab. It is the first missile test under the leadership of Comrade Lev Verdiyev and comes at a time of a diplomatic standoff in the League of The Western Isles, with a resolution seeking the expulsion of the newly formed Eastern Union of Socialist Republics, a federation of the former People's Republic of Bhikkustan and the United Socialist Republics of New Aapelistan.

The People's Democratic of Velah had earlier voted against the resolution.

The missile test also comes ahead the first state visit of General Ko Lan Dur, Secretary of the Kobnian Communist Party, Member of the Supreme Politburo and Chairman of the Military Council of Kobnia to Velah, where he will be meeting Comrade Lev Verdiyev and other senior party and state leaders in the capital city.

The National Defense Commission was quick to praise the success of the missile launch, which it said was a "significant boost for Velah's nuclear capability and deterrence strategy." Without reporting further details on the new top secret missile, the NDC said that the 30-minute flight time saw the missile "climb an apogee of about 2,000km while splashing down Northeast of Velahi waters at a range of 700km.

"If that same missile was flown on a standard trajectory, it would have a maximum range of about 4,500km. This range is considerably longer than that of the White Rain-II missile, the last test launch being conducted in 2013 showed a range of about 3,000km” The report added.

The NDC also defended the test of launch of the missile, which have been in "top secret development since 2014", saying that Velah had the sovereign right and duty to protect its citizens and those who would seek to destroy the revolutionary legacy of the the beloved Comrade Victor Caligan.

The test was witnessed by Comrade Lev Verdiyev, the other ranking members of the Presidium of the Politburo, senior party and governments leaders as well as the senior leadership of the National Defense Commission.

A spokesperson for the Presidium tried to explain the meaning behind the decision to schedule the secret missile launch, at a time of rising tension in the region.

"As you may know, Velah has voted against the resolution brought forth by Ventlimer in the League. But the missile test occurred right after that. You see, this means that Velah would always support its communist and socialist brothers, but at the same time, Velah would not allow itself to be boxed in and controlled by any other power, capitalist or communist alike. That is the reason why the party has made the ongoing development of our nuclear capabilities a priority."

"It is to maintain our strength and independence, and protect the heritage we've inherited from Comrade Caligan, and the Worker's Party".

Lechen
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lechen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:34 am

June 23, 2017
LNC
Feschau, Lechen

BOMB EXPLODES IN DOWNTOWN FESCHAU NEAR GOVERNMENT CENTRAL, INVESTIGATION UNDERWAY

A bomb exploded at 2:30 AM, near the Capredate (Where the president lives). The FFD has found a badly burned body in the "bedroom" of the back of the Capredate, which is now rubble. The FPD has found bomb threats running up to the explosion on the 21st and 22nd by two people, "Dirk Nowissi", and the other, "Giannis Ikannotpronous", who they are now searching for, with no success so far. With more information, we will provide updates. Thank you.
News: opressive government continues

Lechen
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lechen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:51 pm

6:20 PM, June 23rd 2017
LNC
Feschau

National protection law passed

After a whole day of deliberation, the house has passed a shiny new law, which has been approved by the interim Chairman Wilhelm Dragic is made to crack down on spies, as those who attempt to spread false information in order to damage the nation can face up to 20 years in prison.

"It's the only way we can crack down on spies hidden in the media and the nation," says Maxmillian Warden."Without it spies have done much damage to the nation, it's programs and our people."

Maximillian Warden is the Head of National Security, and is a expert on many laws like this.

"As we get more laws passed like this Lechen will become stronger against aggressive spies, many of which are in Non-LNC media companies," said Wilhelm Dragic during a interview during his time in Diela.

"We plan to assist the Chairman and Mr. Warden in their efforts to secure the nation against foriegn spies by using the law to our advantage to weed outs spies in the educational system," says Brock Mellehr, the Head of Education.

The law passed the House of Parliament 126-74.
News: opressive government continues

Belle Ilse en Terre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belle Ilse en Terre » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:53 pm

23 June 2017
Le Île
Fort de Belle Île, Belle Ilse en Terre

King Angry with Dormill and Stiura

The King has criticised the Dormill and Stiurian government if gross negligence and incompetence after an inflammatory and reactionist report issued by the Dormill-Stiuraian Dispatch. The article falsely accused the noble, peacekeeping knights of being para-military operatives. His Majesty proceeded to scold the imbecility of the 'Dormousian Democracy of Lunatics', in his own words, and their ignorance to law enforcement in the Ilse. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Baron Charles Tolbert, has sent several high-ranking Dormillian government officials a copy of David Digbert's Customs of The Ilse: A Complete Overview, a one thousand one hundred page book, as a 'gift'. Needless to say, the King was thoroughly put out.

Furthermore, the issue was discussed in the House of Lords, who passed a resolution condemning the government of Dormill and Stiura for its heavy-handed approach and its conflation of the Monarchies actions and those of the provinces. Furthermore, several knights have publicly challenged Nelly Schumacher to duel.

Democratic protests have backed down of late; though a few brave protesters have tried to carry on, and have been arrested when firearms were foubd on their persons. They have been charged within attempted murder, comspiracy against the monarchy, treason, and perjury on the grounds of the oath they made to uphold the king.
Proud Member of the Western Isles

-Put this in your sig if you're a Monarchy!
Political Views
Conservative Constitutional Monarchist, open to a bit of liberalism or socialism
A Level 27 Civilisation, according to this index.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Relations with Belle Ilse en Terre continue to deteriorate following insult from King Maximilien IV

Responding to comments made by Democratic Party Councilmember Nelly Schumacher, several Knights and King Maximilien IV himself openly insulted the Government of the United Estates for "gross negligence and incompetence after an inflammatory and reactionist report issued by the Dormill-Stiuraian Dispatch", a part of the independent Federal Communication Commision, while additionally sending copies of David Digbert's Customs of The Ilse: A Complete Overview to members of the Government of the Estate of Dormill, who themselves are unrelated to the actions of both the writer of the offending article nor represent the National Congress in any significant way. This has continued to even a open condemnation from their House of Lords and multiple threats to Mrs. Schumacher's life.

The Democratic Party, deciding rightly to stand by it's members, has supported Schumacher's comments as a shining example of "free speech offered exclusively by democratic governments, something that this backwards feudal monarchy fails to have." In addition, the Estates of Dormill, Avillon, Lieurneux, Upper Kaelectia, and Eppendorf have requested to their delegates that progress be made on establishing sanctions against the Government of Belle Ilse en Terre in response to their condemnation.

Data shows economic growth to slow down by 30% in the next year

Ever since the founding of the United Estates, much care has been put in place to ensure a swift and consistent growth in the Dormill-Stiuraian economy to ensure safety from another civil war of the likes of the last one. That concept has been well embedded in the minds of most politicians who have served in the National Congress and it comes as great surprise from them that Economic Think-tank Treasure Measure have reported, as a result of recent policy and the current international climate, including prospective membership to the Cooperative Union, would result in a slow-down of economic growth in the nation by up to 30% in the next year. Such a slow-down has the potential of a spike in unemployment nationwide, especially in manufacturing dependent Estates such as the Kaelectias and Wallenstein, economists disagree with the 30% figure however and predict that any slow-down would be in the realm of no greater than 8% loss.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Ventlimer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventlimer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 pm

6/23/17
Ventliri, Ventlimer
Ventliri Public Broadcasting

Reviews of Public Affairs Department, National Police, and Information Analysis Division Completed

President Aslat made a statement today regarding the conclusion of the reviews over the IAD, PAD, and NP. The Statement reads as follows:

My new Internal Affairs Department has completed its first review of the Information Analysis Division, National Police, and Public Affairs Department. It has concluded that there not only is evidence of systematic abuse against minorities, but against Taurotians as well. We cannot allow this to happen again. As a result of this review, all department heads of the agencies have been placed under house arrest and will be formally charged with a few dozen crimes in a few days. As of this moment, the Public Affairs Department has been formally disbanded, the National Police removed from civilian duty, and the IAD has had leadership replaced and is currently operating as normal. May these be the first steps to clearing out Ventliri of its corruption.

In other news, a resolution barring the new EUSR from being a part of the league or being recognized as a sovereign entity was passed today. Authored by the Ventlimian delegate and authorized by both congress and the President, the resolution marks the first official action Ventlimer has taken against New Aapelistan since joining the MSTO last week.

Secretary of state Vutna Crusso said that "this is only the beginning of a long and worthy fight against the aggressive nations of New Aapelistan and Bhikkustan."
Proud Member of the Western Isles.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates